Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #101
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Is there a way to set your sub rotation if the computer handles it?

You can assign minutes to your starters and your bench, and the CPU will attempt to stick to this rotation when auto subbing. It does keep the hot hand in the game (and vice versa), and even if you set your rotation to 9 deep, that pesky 10th guy tends to find a way on to the court, but overall it does a decent job.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The team struggled to score early, but really came alive when Bose came into the game. His size creates defensive mismatches and he traps better than any player I've had yet. Still, as he tires and leaves the ame, we are down by 6. Martin had some easy baskets in transition thanks to Bose creating fast breaks.

A very bad run at the end of the half as we get VERY sloppy with the ball and give up 5 turnovers late. We've had 14 turnovers at the half!?! Wow. I've never seen that many in a game! We are down 46-35 thanks to their fastbreak opportunities off turnovers.

Bose is showing me that he is a defensive difference maker. He may not start, but he will play a lot. I'm regretting redshirting him last year and not using him when he could have made him a difference in my tourney run. Oh well. He helped us overcome a 6 point deficit in the last 2 minutes and we are tied at 68 with the ball with 30 seconds left...

I wanted to get the ball to Lloyd down low, but they denied that well. Instead, Czepil takes a 3 which he misses. We go to overtime.

Bakari Lewis fouled in OT and Swoger was intentionally fouled down the stretch and hit 1 of 2 both times. Fortunately, our defense held and we win 81-76! Bose played some great defense and Lloyd just played all around great including 2 monster dunks!

Lloyd was the player of the game with 18 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 8 of 18, 0 of 0 from the arc, and 2 of 4 from the line.

Boyce was our 2nd leading scorer with 13 points. He also had 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. Martin, Bose, and Johnson each had 9 points. Czepil and Newton each had 8. The freshman also had 3 assists and 2 boards in a solid start in which he played 20 minutes.

In 26 minutes, Bose had a spectacular game including this stat line: 9 points, 8 boards, 5 steals (love his long arms), 1 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 turnover. He shot 2 of 4 and 5 of 6 from the line. Darn, I wish I had used him more last year.

Oh well. 1-0.

Our simulated game is on Nov 14, 2009 at Pacific. They are currently 0-2. We beat them 79-67. Lloyd fouled out in just 10 minutes However, Bose stepped up to be the star of the game with 14 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 3 of 5 and 8 of 10 from the line. Johnson who played most of Lloyd's minutes also had 14 points. Booce had 13 points. Newton had 6 points in 18 minutes.

Our next game is on the 18th at North Texas.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-22-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
What's your feel on the game with the patch?

Do you control your subs or let the computer handle that? Is there a way to set your sub rotation if the computer handles it?

What Groundhog said about your last 2 questions. As far as the feel. It's not perfect, but I love it. It fixed my biggest issues with the game: Progression (it will take a few years to fix this dynasty, but it will be a few years until I'm playing with the big boys anyway), the CPU failing to attempt to steal, and the standing dunk issue. For me, those were by far the 3 biggest problems and they appear to be fixed well. Also, they tweaked the blocking inside and the defensive footwork so that guards can actually slash again. I was starting to get turned off by the game's problems and was even contemplating going back to 07, but now this game is undeniably better than 07 IMHO. It's not perfect, but it's going to be my favorite basketball console game and if there are no more versions, it will get playing time from me for years.

I can't wait until this weekend when I can play some more.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

An unexpected chance to get in a game or two this afternoon.

Now, we host North Texas. They are significantly better than we are on defense. Our offenses is equal to theirs. Their team unity is horrible and at our place, I'm hoping we can take advantage of that. It should be a battle and this will be an upset if we can win. Our freshman will start at SF, but Bose will get plenty of PT.

Adham Feist, their freshman SG is rated 76 overall and is much better than any other player on the floor.

Bose was in foul trouble early in the first half as his gambling style of defense didn't work and they scored big on us. We are down 45-32 at the half. We need to get it into the post more. They are shooting 51% from the floor. Feist is leading them with 13 points and he also has 6 boards.

Johnson is our leading scorer with 6 so far. Lloyd has 5 points but we've only gotten him 2 shots. We need to get him the ball much more this half.

Thanks in large part to Bose, we managed to close within 4, but once he fouled out, our defense went down the drain and they pulled away again. 88-78 win for them.

Feist was the player of the game for them with 27 points.

Lloyd led us with 15 points, 7 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 7 and 7 of 9 from the line. Bose had 14 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals, 2 blocks, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 7 and 4 of 6 from the line. Newton the freshman, shot 2 of 11 and only ha 6 points along with 3 boards. Czepil shot 2 of 9 an had 6 points as well. Our lack of outside shooting is going to be our achilles heel all year long I suspect.

Nov 21, 2009 -

Our simulated game is at Bowling Green. We win a high scoring affair 92-90! Czepil finally breaks out of his shooting slump with 21 points on 8 of 17 shooting including 5 of 9 behin the arc. Lloy aded 14 points an 10 boars. Bose ha 12 points and 4 boards. Johnson ha 11 points and 3 boards. Newton ha 7 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists in 26 minutes.

We are now 3-1. Unfortunately, we aren't the top choice of any of the 3 star recruits we are pursuing. The one that we have the best chance of getting is JC Center Bill Ramos who is from Springfield MO. He is also considering UCA. The player I REALLY want is Bradley Keita from Nashville, TN. He averaged over 30 ppg in HS and is a deadly shooter. He has us 3rd on his list and looks like he is about to sign with Vanderbilt

Our next game is against Jackson State as I somehow messed up and scheduled them twice in my out of conference schedule. As a result, I'm going to go ahead and sim this one. I beat them when I played it out, 81-76. They are now 1-6. This time, we barely win 80-79. Czepil led the way with 21 points. Boyce ha 16. Bose only ha 3 and Lloyd only had 4.

As I feared, the first day of signing, all of our recruits except for 1 signed elsewhere. Bradley signed with Vanderbilt. Bill Ramos signed with UCA. I'm still going to work on trying to get some good 3 star players.

Our next game is hosting 1-7 UT-Pan American. They are much worse than us and I expect a comfortable win.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-23-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I can really tell that my team has the talent advantage. This game has been so much easier than any other game I've played this yar. We are cruising to a 39-22 lead. Lloyd is dominating inside and has two monsterous dunks. He has 11 points and 5 boards at the half.

A revelation in the 2nd half: Bose can drill the 3! He drilled quite a few of them as he was in the zone! He has started the 2nd half the last few games. With a 60-33 lead, I sit my starters with 8 minutes to go. Bose sits with 19 points which leas the team. He is 8 of 11 including 3 of 5 behind the arc!

We cruise to the easy win 67-46.

Bose wins player of the game. He finishes with 19 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. More importantly, he played shut down defense even though he didn't have any blocks. The players he guarded went a combined 3 of 18 from the floor! I really wish I had used this lanky defender last year

Lloyd added 13 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block. Boyce had 12 points and 8 boards as well. Bakari Lewis finished with 8 points and 7 assists. Newton had 7 points and 4 steals.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 5, 2009 -

Two tough losses. We lose at Colorado 67-53. Also, we lose Mitch Boyce to a back strain. He'll miss about 3 weeks. Johnson was our leading scorer this game with 12 points. Bose was second with 9 points, 7 boards, 2 steals, and 2 assists.

Our next game is at 3-8 Portland. They have a very talented offense and a good defense. They should be a tough challenge for us. In particular, B.J. Porter, their SG is a very athletic SG.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A quick 15-0 run in which we couldn't hit anything and which they were drilling 3 after 3 was the difference in the first half. Down 43-28 at the half.

They are shooting 57% from the floor including 8 of 11 from the arc!

Bose and LLoyd are getting us back into the game early in the 2nd half. Bose with all around play and Lloyd with powerful inside scoring. They get us within 3, before Bose has to sit with 11:30 to go due to fatigue.

With 10:24 to go, Newton ties it at 54.

Back and forth scoring for the next 8 minutes with neither side pulling ahead by much. Newton misses 2 FT's to put us ahead with 3:36 to go.

With 1:12 to go, Bose steals it and throws it ahead to Johnson for a powerful dunk to put us ahead 80-77!

Lloyd was money in the 2nd half including hitting a shot with 16 seconds left to give us another 3 point lead. He then got the rebound when they missed a 3. Then, he drilled both FT's when they intentionally fouled him. After one more set of intentional fouls, we win by a final score of 86-79!

We were led to victory by Lloyd and Bose.

Lloyd was the player of the game. He finished with a career high 30 points. He also had 10 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block. The big guy was 12 of 13 from te field and 6 of 6 from the line. He played 31 minutes.

Bose also had a huge game with 12 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 9, 0 of 3, and 4 of 5. Johnson added 13 on 6 of 6 shooting (4 dunks on fast breaks) and Czepil added 10. Bakari Lewis had 0 points but 5 assists. Newton had 7 points in 14 minutes off the bench.

Edit:

Dec 26, 2009 -

We lose our simmed game to Southern Miss 103-58 which was no surprise. That was the one really good team we kept on our out of conference schedule and they showed us they are good. They advance to 8-1. Bose was our leading scorer with 13 and cemented his place as a full time starter. Lloyd had 10 points and 11 boards.

Our next game will be the start of conference play against UT-Arlington. I'll probably play that Friday night.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we play at UT-Arlington. They are 8-6 and slightly more talented than we are. Their offense is slightly worse than ours and they don't have great outside shooters except for SG Marquez Haynes, but their defense is slightly better than ours. They have much better team unity and should be a tough matchup at their place.

Wow. Everything went right for us in the first half as our offense really clicked and their offense didn't. It didn't hurt that their best inside scorers both got into foul trouble within the first 4 minutes as Lloyd drew early fouls. It did come at a price as he also got into foul trouble, but Czepil, Newton, and Boyce all stepped up.

We are up 39-22 at the half. Haynes is their leading scorer with 8. Czepil is our leading scorer with 9. Lloyd has 9. Newton has 9 and Boyce has 6. They are 2 of 12 behind the arc with Haynes hitting their only 2 3's. He is 2 of 4 behind the arc.

Everything goes right in the 2nd half too as Czepil is on fire. We bench our starters with a 30 point lead and 5 minutes to go. Czepil has 31 points.

A surprising 88-53 win that was triggered by Lloyd's dominance inside and his getting their inside players into foul trouble.

Still Czepil gets the glory and the player of the game. He scored 31 points on 11 of 13 shooting including 6 of 7 behind the arc (most of those on assists that were directly or indirectly related to double teams on Lloyd down low) and he was 3 of 4 from the line. He also had 3 assists, 1 steals, and 1 board.

Bose had another solid game with 8 points (on 2 of 6 shooting), 8 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and suffocating defense. Lloyd finished with 15 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 7 of 10. Newton had 10 points off the bench. Boyce had 11 points in his first game back in the starting lineup.

Jan 8, 2010 -

Today we play at 2-8 Lamar. We win 78-57, but we lose Bose to a back strain. He'll be out 2-3 weeks. Czepil lead the team with 19 points on 5 of 11 shooting including 4 of 8 behind the arc. Johnson had 11 points and 10 points off the bench. Newton had 8 points with the increased playing time.

We are now 8-3.

Our next game is hosting 5-5 Central Arkansas. They are very close to us in talent level with no real difference in overall team talent. Their only dangerous player from outside the arc is PG MArcus Pillow. He is their best midrange shooter as well. Chris Brown, their PF, is a good inside scorer, but he is small and Lloyd should be able to defend him.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very good 1st half in which Lloyd dominated down low, Czepil shot well from the outside, and Newton had his finest shooting half of his career. We are up 43-28 as a result. Newton is the player of the half with 12 points on 5 of 8 shooting including 2 of 3 from behind the arc. Czepil has 8 as does Lloyd.

That margin carried us through the 2nd half as our 3 stars from the first half played big in the 2nd half. We won 75-63. Newton won player of the game! The freshman finished with 23 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 9 of 19, 3 of 8, and 2 of 2.

Lloyd added 18 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 11. Czepil had 12 points on 4 of 9 shooting. Bakari Lewis had 6 points and 7 assists while Boyce had 9 points and 8 boards.

Jan 16, 2010 -

We host 3-9 McNeese State and beat them 61-57. Newton with a bad game as he has 0 points and 6 boards. He shot 0 of 6. Czepil was our leading scorer with 12 points on 4 of 10 shooting. Lloyd ha 10 points and 7 boards.

We are now 10-3.

Our next game is at 5-8 Texas State. They are a weak defensive team, but they have a good shooting team. They are also tough interiorly with good rebounding compared to ours.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A high paced back and forth first half that ends tied 40-40. We are each shooting 50%. Newton and Lloyd are leading us with 9.

At halftime, I realize why they are running so much. Their PG has a 92 quickness and 91 speed. The guy is much faster than Bakari Lewis and it shows. He has 9 points and 5 assists at the half. He also has forced 2 fouls on Bakari.

We come back from a 6 point deficit thanks to a few big shots from Newton with about 6 minutes left. Back and forth down the stretch until with a minute left, Lloyd hits a 4 footer with time expiring to tie it at 76. After they hit a 2, Czepil draws a foul out behind the arc! He hits all 3 of his FT's to give us the lead with 22 seconds left. Down by 1, they get off a good shot with 2 seconds left, but it clanks off the rim. Boyce rebounds it and they immediately foul. He drills both FT's and they miss the desperation 3! We win the game 81-78.

Ryan White, their speedy PG finished with 17 points and 8 assists. Their SG, John Rybak finished with 23 points and 3 assists.

However, Lloyd won player of the game as he finished with 16 points, 9 boards, 3 asssists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 8 of 11. Bakari Lewis had a nice game with 13 points and 5 assists. Czepil had 9 points, Newton had 13 points, and Boyce had 14 points.

This team is scoring better than I expected.

Jan 27 -

We lose a simulated game hosting Northwestern State 93-79. Czepil led the team with 18 points and Johnson had 13 but no one else broke double digits. Lloyd only had 4 points as did Newton.

Northwestern State is now 9-8. Our next ame is at SE Louisiana. They are 10-5.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #111
Radii
Head Coach

have you made any slider adjustments since the patch? I've been out of town for a week and am just setting up my PC to get the patch tonight, so i'm a bit behind the times.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
have you made any slider adjustments since the patch? I've been out of town for a week and am just setting up my PC to get the patch tonight, so i'm a bit behind the times.

Yeah, I have been tweaking sliders a fair bit, and haven't settled on a set yet. I think they have raised shooting percentages a bit with the patch. Once I settle on a set, I'll be glad to post it.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #113
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I've been using Heelfan's sliders with J-Units shooting sliders and I have been getting very good results with 20 minute halves. Fouls need boosted though.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bose is back from his injury for this game. However, we have 4 players with minor injuries that will reduce their effectiveness: Johnson, Mallory (bench player who will never see the court anyway), Lloyd, and Bakari Lewis are all hurt.

SE Louisiana has more talent and this will be an uphill challenge. In particular, their defense can be suffocating. Daryl Arnold, their SF is a great shooter and we'll be getting Bose in early if he starts lighting it up.

A terrible first half for us. We couldn't box out and it killed us as they destroyed us 34-18 on the boards. That combined with poor shooting led to a 47-26 first half. Czepil is our leading scorer with 8 points on 3 of 6 shooting. No one else is shooting 50%.

We did better on the boards in the 2nd half, but we were just out matched. They had 3 hot shooters and they buried us. 81-51 win for them.

Their PG Chris Colvin finished with 20 points and 5 assists. He is rated 72 overall. Daryl Arnold who is also rated 72 overall had 17 points and 6 assists as Bose couldn't shut him down as Arnold is almost as tall as Bose an is much more talented.

Czepil was our only double digit scorer with 17 points on 6 of 15 shooting.

That loss drops us to 11-5.

Feb 3, 2010 -

We win our simulated game at UTSA 64-62. Boyce leads the tam with 10 points and 7 boards. Newton had 8 points and 8 boards. Lloyd wo is still hurt was 1 of 8 and only had 2 points and 1 board. Our next game is against 4-11 Sam Houston State.

We are at home, but they are a slightly more talented team despite the record. Tey are another team that can be suffocating defensively, particularly dangerous as I think I now have realistic sliders that make the midrange game more realistic to college basketball. Therefore Boyce and Czepil are my only really reliable options from midrange, although Newton has the potential to become a very good midrange shooter.

Their most dangerous player is their freshman T.J. Morrison, a SF who is rated 72 overall and can do many different things. He'll be a very tough player for us to stop.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I've been using Heelfan's sliders with J-Units shooting sliders and I have been getting very good results with 20 minute halves. Fouls need boosted though.

That is almost what I'm using for the last few games with fouls boosted. I've only made slight tweaks from that.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A back and forth first half with Czepil hitting 2 big 3's early to get us going. 29-29 at the half. Czepil and Bose each have 8 to lead our team.

A close game down the stretch in which they take a 2 point lead with 2:48 to go. 65-63. Lloyd gets stripped down low, but gets a stop at the other end. After they get a defensive stop, Morrison gets a fastbreak dunk. 67-63, 1:40 to go.

Czepil draws a foul outside the arc after coming off a great screen by Lloyd! He hits all 3 FT's. 67-66. 1:11 to go.

Bakari Lewis gets us the steal! We try to fastbreak but they get back. Bakari gets an open lane and tries to drive and lay it in but he misses it. They get the board nad we have to foul.

They hit 1 of 2. We are down by 2 with 30 seconds to go. They foul Lloyd down low and we are in the bonus so he goes to the line. He hits the first FT. He makes the 2nd pressure FT!!! Tied at 68 with 17 seconds to go.

With 9 seconds to go, their PF draws a foul on Lloyd. Lloyd fouls out and they go to the line as they are in the double bonus

We get the ball up the floor quickly, we get Czepil an ok look behind the arc. He misses the 3 with 3 seconds to go. We immediately foul as they get the board. Their center misses the 1st but makes the 2nd. We are now down by 3.

We get Czepil a look but his foot was on the line, it doesn't matter as he misses the shot. We lose 71-68.

Josten Crow, their junior SG was the player of the game with 16 points, 3 assists, 3 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 11 and 1 of 4 from the arc. He was 3 of 7 from the line.

Bose led us with 18 points on 6 of 12 shooting, 2 of 4 from the arc, and 4 of 4 from the line. He also had 3 assists, 1 board, and a steal. Czepil had 16 points and 5 assists He shot 5 of 13 including 3 of 9 behind the arc. Lloyd had 8 points and 8 boards on 2 of 7 shooting.

Feb 11, 2010 -

In no surprise, we lose our simulated game to TXAM-CC 71-48. They are the class of the league and are now 15-4. Chester Toppert, their center is rated 82 and is a beast in this league. He put up 16 points and 9 boards against us as well as 2 blocks.

Our next game is at 7-13 Stephen F. Austin. We need to win that one.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very well played first half in which we dif everything well except for rebounding where we were beat. Still, we are up 38-29 thanks to excellent offensive execution.

Czepil is the player of the half with 10 points, 2 assists, 2 steals. He is 2 of 7 from the floor but is 5 of 6 from the line. Lloyd has an efficient 7 points. Bose has chipped in with 6.

Another close game as we are tied at 61 with 4:06 to go.

Poor offense on both sides, but we get it back with 50 seconds to go. We are down 66-64. Czepil with a good drive gets a 5th foul on one of their stars, their center, and gets to the line for 2 FT's!

He hits both FT's to tie it at 66.

We get the board on a miss and Bakari Lewis gets their backup center on the perimeter, he fakes him out dribbles into the lane and draws a foul. He hits both FT's to put us up by 2 with 10 seconds to go!

A good ball fake gets Bose and gets them a good shot in the lane and they hit with 2 seconds to go. Tied at 68. We miss the buzzer beater and we are going into OT.

Both teams missing shots, but we each make a few to make it 72-72 with 1:34 to go.

I don't believe it! What a finish! With 31 seconds left, they went up 74-73 thanks to their PF making two free throws (after Boyce only hit 1 of 2 for us on a previous possession.) With 4.5 seconds left, Czepil tried a 3 but he missed it. Lloyd grabbed the board but was surrounded. He threw it out to a wide open Bose behind the arc who swished the 3 as the buzzer was sounding! What a win! What a Win! I freaked out at first because the game did an odd little hitch as it recorded the achievement of a buzzer beater

We win 76-74.

We each shot 38%. We were outrebounded 41-39. They had 13 steals to our 11. We had 4 blocks to their 0.

Czepil wins player of the game, but I think Bose should have gotten it for drilling that shot Czepil finished with 16 points, 3 steals, 2 assists, 1 board. He shot 4 of 15, 1 of 10 from the arc, and 7 of 8 from the line.

Bose also had 16 points and really should have been player of the game. He also had 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. He shot 6 of 10, 3 of 6 from the arc, and 1 of 1 from the line.

Lloyd added 15 points and 13 boards. No one else hit double digits.

Feb 18 -

We are surprised by Texas State who beat us 83-73. Czepil had 18 points and Bose had 10, but no oe else hit double digits. Texas State is now 6-15 and we drop to 13-8. We need some more outside shooters desperately.

Our next game is at 15-8 Northwestern State. I'll play that later tonight or tomorrow.

Bose's shot at the end was the Pontiac Game Changing Performance.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Northwestern State is one of the better rated teams in the conference and will be a tough matchup on the road. They are the 2nd best offense in the conference and they have a solid defense.

Jarryd Broermann, their SO SG is a highly rated player (at least for this conference,) and will be a tough guard for Czepil.

A very defensive first 5 minutes with it being 2-2 5 minutes in. However, it opened up a bit after that. 26-25, we are down at the half. Czepil is our leading scorer with 7. Our defense is being very tenacious, particularly on their star SG who is a good 3 point shooter and has drilled the 3 both times we've left him open.

With 2:05 to go, Newton with a 16 footer to put us up 60-59! A defensive stop leads to a fast break. Czepil is fouled on the fast break and hurts his knee

Swoger comes in to take the FT's and he misses them both But, we get the offensive board and Bakari Lewis hits a little jumper in the lane. 62-59.

Their center gets baskets down low on their next 2 possessions to give them a 1 point lead with 35 seconds to go. Bose misses the shot with 4 seconds to go. They get the board. We foul but time runs out before we can get off a shot.

63-62 loss.

We each shot 34% this game. We outrebounded them 44-31 but it wasn't enough.

Czepil led our team with 17 points on 5 of 14 shooting, 2 of 10 from the arc.

Boyce had 13 points. Lloyd had 8 points and 17 boards along with 4 blocks. He also had 5 turnovers.

The news is good. Czepil just sprained his knee and will be DtD for 3-7 days. He'll play in our remaining games.

Feb 27, we host 14-9 SE Louisiana that blew us out by 30 a few weeks ago. This time they beat us 62-55. Czepil had 22 points and 8 boards. However, no one else had more than 6 points.

In-season recruiting just ended and it looks very bleak. There is a HUGE amount of competition for the 3 star players I'm going after and there is quite a bit for even the 2 star player I'm pursuing

Our next game is against 12-15 UTSA. I'll play that tomorrow and most likely finish the season tomorrow, unless this team does better in the tourney than I expect. Next year, unless we get 1 or 2 good shooters in the offseason, we are going to have to be a grind it out defensive oriented team that relies on size. I don't think we have the shooting or size to do either well enough to make noise this year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-02-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UTSA is one of the weaker teams we've faced this year, but they are still slightly more talented than we are. However, with the home crowd, we should win this one. With our current record of 13-10, I expect and want us to hit at least 15 wins this year.

Mitch Boyce will have a tough time against their center, Ismael Fellows. Their 6'11 260 pound center is a decent big man.

In the first half, we weren't hitting enough shots as Czepil was our only somewhat reliable shooter while they were on fire. They shot 58% in the first half as we shot 26%. Our rebounding was sound which kept us from getting blown out, but we are down 39-25.

Clark, their SF has 16 points as he has been scoring from all over the court. He is 7 of 11 from the floor and neither Bose nor Newton can slow the big kid down.

Czepil is our leading scorer with 10. He is 3 of 8 from the floor. No one else has more than 4 points.

Czepil has had an explosive 2nd half so far, but with 10 minutes to go he is exhausted. He has brought us to within 9. Now, to see if the rest of our team can respond while he rests. 57-48.

Martin comes in off the bench and he is on fire! He hits a few mid range jumpers and then 2 3's! We are within 2!

However, Martin misses his next 2 and Bose misses 2 and they are back up by 10 quickly after that.

By the time, we get Czepil back in, we are down by 12 again. 74-62 - 5 minutes to go.

We just couldn't get enough defensive stops and that was the difference. 81-72 loss.

Clarke was the player of the game as their SF had 22 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

Czepil with a career high 33 points this game. He also had 2 assists and 2 boards. He shot 9 of 20, 6 of 15, and 9 of 10. Pretty impressive with these more demanding sliders which have exposed my more mediocre shooters. Martin had 11 points off the bench. Boyce had 9 points and 8 boards. Bose had 7 points and 6 asssists. Lloyd had 6 points and 7 boards.

There went our best chance at 15 wins. Now, I'm just hoping we can stay at above .500. To do that, we need to win this last regular season game of the year which is a simmed game against 8-14 Sam Houston State at their place.

Unfortunately, we lose that 85-75. Czepil led the team with 17 points. Johnson had 9 points and 6 boards. Lloyd only had 5 points and 5 boards.

We are 13-12 and entering the conference tourney as the #8 seed which means we get to face #1 seed TXAM-CC who are 21-4. This won't be pretty. They are rated 12 points better than us overall which is by far the best team we've faced this year. They have starters rated 70 or higher at every position. They should crush us. If it is a bad blowout, I'll probably sim to the end of this game.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The scary thing is none of their starters are seniors.

Shocking first half as hang in there. We play slow down basketball and our 3 point shooters are shooting decently. Meanwhile, we are playing very hard on defense and holding them to a reasonable 39% shooting. We are down 32-28 at the half. Watt is the player of the half. Their agile PF has 7 points and 6 boards. Martin leads us with 10 points off the bench! Czepil has 8 points.

I thought that Bose might take over the SG spot next year, but Martin is at least making a statement that he might be the guy for the spot with his production these last few games.

Their defense just became suffocating in the 2nd half and Czepil was the only guy hitting shots. We tried to keep it slow paced as they were more athletic and would have killed us in the a running game, but it didn't matter. They won 64-49.

Demond Watt won player of the game with 13 points, 15 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 steal.

Czepil led our team in scoring with 17 points. He shot 7 of 17 and 3 of 10 from the arc. Not a bad last year for the senior.

He averaged 14.7 ppg this year along with 2.8 rpg, 1.7 apg, 0.9 spg, and 0.2 bpg.

We finish the year 13-13 as I'm sure that we won't make any tourneys.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at our other stats this year:

Lloyd was our 2nd leading scorer with 9.4 ppg. He also had 7.1 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.3 bpg.

Bose finished with 9.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.0 spg, and 0.3 bpg.

Boyce finished wth 8.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.0 apg, and 0.8 spg.

Johnson finsiehd with 6.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 0.7 apg in 20 mpg off the bench.

Newton in his Freshman year had 6.2, 2.7 rpg, and 1.2 apg. He averaged 21 mpg.

Bakari Lewis averaged 4.7 ppg and 3.5 apg.

Around the Nation the Leading Scorers:

1. JR C Kevin Love, UCLA 27 ppg
2. SR SG Stephen Curry, Davidson 26.9 ppg
3. SR SF Jonathan Rodriguez, Campbell 26.8 ppg
4. SR SG Jeremy Wise, Southern Miss 26.5 ppg
5. SR PG Joshua Mack, Coastal Carolina 25.3 ppg
6. SR PG James Florence, Mercer 24.3 ppg
7. SR PF Nick Aldridge Western Carolina 24.2 ppg
8. JR SF Bill Walker, Kansas State 24 ppg
9. JR PF Gani Lawal, Georgia Tech 23.7 ppg
10. SR C Deon Thompson, UNC 23.4 ppg

Leading Rebounds:

1. Georgy Keller, AF 10.2
2. Thomas Coleman, NCAT 10
3. Herb Pope, NMSU 9.8
4. Calvin Williams, SEMO 9.4
5. Ousmane Cisse, EIU 9.3

Leading Assists:

1. Devan Downey, SCAR 8.1
2. Johnny Wolf, UNCW 8.0
3. Ronald Moore, SIE 7.9
4. Ishmael Smith, Wake 7.2
5. Jerome Randle, Cal 7.2

Leading Steals:

1. Devan Downey, SCAR 2.7 (kid also averaged 15 ppg)
2. Jerome Goode, MSM 2.6
3. Frank Davis, TNTC 2.4
4. Chris Kramer, Pur 2.2
5. D.J. Rivera, JOES 2.2

Leading Blocks:

1. Trevor Booker, Clem 3.4
2. John Garcia, Hall 2.9
3. Matthew-Bryan Amaning, Wash 2.7
4. Hasheem Thabeet, Conn 2.5
5. Shane Guinn, Oregon 2.5
Old 02-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The #1 seeds:

Texas, Seton Hall, Duke, and Florida.

What Happens to the #1 Seeds:

Florida loses to 5 seed Dayton in the Sweet 16 82-78. Dayton then loses to #3 LaSalle which goes to the Final 4.

#1 Duke cruises through every game and goes to the Final 4 to face LaSalle.

#1 Texas struggles with #4 Alabama 72-69 and #3 Georgetown 74-69, but they make it to the Final 4.

#1 Seton Hall loses in the 2nd round to #8 Arizona State. Arizona State doesn't get tested much until they face USC in the Elite 8. That game is an offensive battle but Arizona State win 91-89. Arizona State will face Texas in the Final Four.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Final 4:

Texas destroys Arizona State 89-61. PF Damian James was the player of the game with 31 points and 12 boards. Texas had 4 starters in double figures.

Duke also easily disposes of LaSalle. Zoubek had 20 points and 9 boards. PF Lance Thomas had 29 points and and 3 boards. Kyle Singler had a relatively quiet night with 12 points and 8 boards.

Duke wins the Championship in a game they controlled from start to finish and finishes 35-4. Kyle Singler scored 29 points and Zoubek had 26 points to lead Duke in the 88-64 win.

Kevin Love wins the Player of the Year Award. Too bad for UCLA that he was injured during the tourney or they might have advanced further then the Sweet 16.

Stephen Curry wins the Mid Major Player of the Year.

Coach K wins Coach of the Year.

Vernon Goodridge, LaSalle wins Defensive Player of the Year. He averaged 1.3 spg and 2.4 bpg along with 8.3 rpg.

Love wins the Big Man of the Year Award.

Maury Gomez of George Washington wins Freshman of the Year. He is rated 78 overall and averaged 7.3 ppg and 7.4 rpg.

The All-American Team:

PG Deonta Vaughn, Cin 19.3 ppg 5.0 apg
SG Jeremy Wise, USM 26.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg
SF Bill Walker, KSU 24 ppg, 6.6 rpg
PF Gani Lawal, GT 23.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg
C Kevin Love, UCLA 26.9 ppg, 8 rpg.

Freshman All-American Team:

PG Bienvenu Stehly, Texas 5.3 ppg 5.6 apg
SG Randall Ryan, Lsu 8.4 ppg 4.9 apg.
SF Harvey Delfico, Ariz 7.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg
PF Jair Admundson, Joes 9.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg
C Maury Gomez, GW, 7.3 ppg 7.5 rpg

In the Southland, interestigly, UTA's coach won Coach of the Year despite TXAM-CC winning the conference.

Demond Watt, TXAM-CC won player of the year in the conference.

Erwin Wente, a PF for Southeastern Louisiana from Jackson, MS won Conference Freshman of the Year. He averaged 6.5 ppg and 5.3 rpg. He is rated 68 overall.

TXAM-CC had 4 guys on the First Team All Conference Team. UCA ad the other, their PG.

Czepil did make second team all conference.

Good news! The school is very happy with my performance. They just offered me a 5 year extension!

Now, to the bad news: 2 of our leading offensive options just graduated. 5 players in total graduated:

Czepil, Boyce, Friend, Paige, and Mallory are graduating. We will really miss Boyce's ability to spread the floor and Czepil's 3 point shooting ability. Right now, we have no one who can shoot the 3 even somewhat reliably.

UC-Irvine has offered me their head coach job. Its tempting. California is beautiful. They have a VERY talented sophomore center as well as a good freshman PF and a good SF. There is no doubt I'd be going to a team with more talent. However, I really wanted my first job that I jump for to be in a mid-major conference.. I'll probably kick myself for this, but I turn the job down. I want to get to USC in 3 steps or less and this is too much of a lateral move.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 of the guys I offered scholarships signed with other schools and I'm already regretting not going to UC-Irvine. Dokun Ellis, a PG who could have started right away went to Alcorn State which is closer to his home town. Wayne Isham, a PF who could have contributed chose Louisiana Lafayette over us. Worst of all, the PG I've really been working on from Texas chose to stay in his home state and will go to UTA.

We MUST steal Konrad Pritchard from UNO where he is leaning. the kid is from New Orleans and he is leaning there over us, but he could be an immediate starter for us. I must make him see that. According to our film, he is a good shooter and tremendous defender.

Darn, after two weeks of heavy recruiting, Konrad chooses UNO. Wasted time and now I might lose out on other guys.

In the 3rd week of recruiting, we finally get 2 recruits:

SF Dwon Grochowalski is a 6'7 235 pound SF from Baton Rouge, LA who I primarily recruited for his size since I want to try to grind it out. However, after recruiting him for a bit, my staff thinks the kid is a good shooter. If so, this will be a very pleasant surprise and the kid coul be an important contributor. He is a 2 star player who is ranked 780th overall and 155th at his position. He averaged 7 ppg in the ABL on 42% shooting including 18% from behind the arc.

SF Jeff Spencer was the only 2 star player that we recruited all year long and it paid off as we got him. He is ranked 461st overall and 101st among SF's. He is from San Antonio, TX. He is a 6'6 210 pound SF and our staff believes he is a very solid outside shooter. He everaged 10.5 ppg in the ABL on 41% shooting including 36% behind the arc.

In the 2nd to last week of recruiting, we get another player that I'm not particularly enthused about, but he should add some depth:

PG Vinnie O'Brien is a 6'0 178 PG from New Orleans, LA. He is ranked 632 overall and 164 among PG's. He doesn't thrive in any area but is ok in most. He didn't play in the ABL. We wouldn't have signed him if we could have gotten Konrad, but we'll see what this kid can do.

With our last scholarship, we are trying to get a player from Lithuania that I've been recruiting all year, but it is looking like he'll just play ball in Europe. Unless he changes his mind in this final week:

Yep, he chose ball in Europe. Too bad, he looked like a terrific shooter. Still, I think I may have gotten at least one good outside shooter. If not, I got two guys with size which is a plus for my plan to play big this year and be a defensive minded grinding team.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Top 5 classes:

1. Louisville
2. Texas
3. W. Virginia
4. Michigan State
5. USC

A look at our roster as the season approaches:

PF Michal Lloyd - He has grown into a 7'0 240 pound player. With the more realistic sliders his average inside game means he is just a decent scorer inside and nothing special. However, he is a great inside defender and is a blocking machine. Obvious starter and one of the stars of the team as he is rated 69 overall.

SF Jeff Spencer - A major surprise particularly post patch with lower rated recruits. 6'6 220 now and rated 66 overall. A good perimeter defender. A decent 3 point shooter, best on our team sadly. A fast player for his position. Worst problem is questionable durability. There is no doubt that he will win the starting position.

SF/PF Joshua Johnson - 6'7 222. In our new scheme he'll get more time at SF possibly. Either way, the explosive dunker will get to see the court off the bench. He is also one of our best mid range shooters which still is a sad statement. We are a very poor shooting team. He also is one of our best 3 point shooters and is our best dunker. Will see plenty of PT off the bench. Rated 66 overall.

PG Bakari Lewis - 6'0 193. Rated 63 overall. Best attribute is his speed. When he can blow by his man, he is a good PG, but too many PG's can match him in that department. He doesn't excel in any area.

SG Ben Martin - 6'4 182 pounds and surprisingly good 3 point shooter at times, better than his rating would suggest. Ratings suggest he shouldn't do much well. Still, he'll get more looks from this year, but I've decided not as a starter, but as an energy guy off the bench.

SG Anatoly Bose - 6'7 215. Lanky defender doesn't excel in any area but his size creates problems for most opposing SG's. He can be a suffocating defender with his length. He has the speed to stick with most 2's. Decent outside shooter. Rated 61 overall. He'll start at SG in our big lineup.

SF Dante Newton - 6'5 201. Good midrange shooter who can't create his own shot due to poor athleticism and had trouble last year with creating space for himself. Still, as our best midrange shooter, he should get some time off the bench.

PG Vinnie O'Brien - 6'0 180. The Freshman PG looks better than Swoger who never clicked with me or the team. He'll be the primary option off the bench the point despite not thriving in any area. Rated 56 overall.

SF Dwon Grochowalski - 6'8 236. I'm considering redshirting this freshman, but I doubt I'll be at this school for too many years more and this kids size will work with my gameplan. He doesn't thrive in any area and he looks like he'll be a mediocre shooter this year, but with his size he'll get some PT this year in games where we are leading and want more defense off the bench. Rated 56 overall.

Van Plavich - RS FR is rated 55 overall and probably won't see the court.

Ted Swoger - SO PG is rated 54 and I don't like how he plays. Won't see the court unless either of the PG's in front of him is injured.

Nathan Lhota - Walkon SF with size (6'8 220) won't see the court unless a lot of injuries. Rated 49 overall.

DaMarcus Weatherspoon - 7'2 270 but very limited. Very little offensive game except for dunking. Poor passing and handling. Ok post defender. decent shot block instincts that should be better due to his size. Has good strength. Poor stamina. Lloyd will slide to center when he is tired and Johnson will get in at PF at those times. Rated 48 overall

Oliver Minyem - Walkon Center who is 6'9 240 and probably will never see the court. Rated 48 oveall.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I didn't adjust our schedule too much this year except to remove a few big time programs. Our first game is against a tougher opponent as we'll be traveling to play Cal Poly. They are rated 76 overall while we are down 1 point from last year at 68. However, our defense is up from last year while our offense is down. Both teams have terrible team unity right now.

I kept referring to this team as a defensive grind it out team, and that probably wans't quite right. We are going to be a defensive oriented risk taking team. We have size on most teams and we are trapping a fair bit. As a result, we should have some high scoring games. We are giving up some easy baskets and also getting some turnovers. Although, we are only trapping for a few minutes this first half so it's not too high. 38-37, we lead at the half.

Thoughts from the first half:

O'Brien has won the backup PG job. He did something I can't remember Swoger doing all year - drill a 3. Also, he is quicker and a better penetrator. Weatherspoon despite his rating actually made one little jump hook shot. The big man hasn't done much and hasn't blocked any shots. He is too slow to be very effective. Still, he has 5 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. We are going to up the search on a more athletic big center.

Newton is our leading scorer with 7 points off the bench in just 8 minutes. Martin has 6 points off the bench. Of course, we started trapping and running more then were in the game and our opposition was tired.

We lose 89-68 and Weatherspoon manages to play himself out of the starting spot. He didn't play terribly, but he lacks the footspeed to play effectively in the system we want to run. He'll become a bench player that will get a few minutes a game and we'll go with a more athletic lineup with Lloyd starting at center and Johnson finally getting the well earned start at PF.

Weatherspoons's stats in 28 minutes: 7 points, 3 boards (terrible for such a big man) and 3 assists. 0 blocks.

Johnson in 22 minutes had 12 points and 5 boards. His 12 points led the team. Lloyd had 9 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks in 29 minutes.

Spencer in his first start had 6 points in 20 minutes. Bose had 5 points in 2 minutes as his man outclassed him today. Bakari Lewis had 6 points and 3 assists. In a surprise, O'Brien had 7 points off the bench as he was 2 of 2 behind the arc.

Our next game is the following night as our west coast trip continues with a game at UCSB on the 7th.

We lose that game 84-72 as their PF has 42 points! He shot 18 of 28!

Ryan Crumbley just dominated us.

He helped foul out Johnson, Lloyd, and Weatherspoon quite quickly as none of them played more than 14 minutes.

Bakari Lewis led the team with 18 points and 6 assists. Bose had 11 points and 5 boars. Spencer had a nice game with 13 points and 7 boards. At 0-2 our road trip continues with a 3rd game in 3 nights as we travel to play Penn. I'll play that later tonight most likely.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Actually, our 3rd game of the year is back at home against Penn. They are rated 74 overall in talent while our talent rating has increased to 70 with the lineup changes I've made.

Tyler Bernardini, a senior SF is a skilled player who we will have to guard carefully. Spencer will have the main responsibility to start out.

Not the type of defense I'd like, but our offense has been surprisingly effective. We are down 40-34 at the half. We are shooting 38% and rebounding the ball well. Lloyd is very effective at center as he has too much speed for his man to guard at times.

Zamore their SG is the player of the half with 9 points. Their PG and SF each have 8.

We are led by our front court players. Spencer has 10 points as the Freshman has been making some nice drives and has hit some pull up jumpers. Lloyd has 9 points and 5 boards. We'll need a big second half from Lloyd and will be looking for him frequently.

We continue to struggle to score unless we gamble on defense and generate points that way. But, we give up more than we genetrate. This game we lost 87-77.

Thoughts:

The big center, Weatherspoon, looked good in a much more limited role in which he could go full bore hustling constantly instead of conserving energy.

- If Spencer can develop a consistent outside shot, he could be a star for us. As it is, he is a great slasher, a good perimeter defender (when I'm not asking him to trap and other play gambling defense), and an ok shooter.) As it was, he was our leading scorer with 20 points, 2 boards, 2 steals. He shot 7 of 17 including 1 of 6. He was so cold behind the arc they were daring him to shoot backing off of him (probably because he was burning guys off the dribble), but he couldn't make them pay. If he develops that consistent outside shot, he'll be great.

Lloyd is really thriving in the center role. We MUST get him an outside shooter this year in recruiting so that his senior year next year isn't wasted. I know that we could do great things in the conference with him in the middle if he had just a bit more help. As it is, he had a solid game with 13 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Bose is struggling to be that impact player at SG this year. Perhaps, his speed was better suited for SF and he just isn't fast enough to be an impact player at SG. As it is, he had 6 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. The player he was guarding shot 5 of 10 and had 15 points this game. However, I did ask Bose to gamble a lot, too.

Nov 10, 2010 -

We lose a game hosting Florida Atlantic. We lose 68-61. Johnson led us with 13 points and 9 boards. Lloyd had 10 points and 6 boards. Spencer had 7 points and 2 boards.

We are now 0-4, but our next game is against another 0-4 team, the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks. They are rated 67 in overall team talent while we are at a 70. Our first advantage of the year. I'm off the next 3 days, so I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have every advantage today against the Redhawks. We are at home. Our offense and defense are both more talented and we have better team unity. However, they do have a good PF/C in Augustine Munir who should give Lloyd a challenge.

We are up 29-27 at the end of the half.

Thoughts on the half:

We are struggling to put them away due to the lack of proven perimeter scorers. Spencer is scoring when he drives, but his outside shot is no where to be found. Bose can't hit a basket tonight. The only guy scoring tonight with consistency is Johnson who even hit a 3 and we'll turn to him more in the 2nd half. We aren't gambling this half and our defense is doing much better as we've held them to 30%. However, with the lack of turnover driven generated fastbreaks we are shooting 24%!?!

Johnson is the player of the half. He has 15 points on 4 of 8 shooting, 1 of 1 from the arc, and 6 of 6 from the line. He also has 4 boards and a block at the half. Spencer has 7 points. Lloyd has 3 points and 5 boards.

Up 55-52 with 1:15 to go, Bakari Lewis manages to get into the lane to draw two FT's. He hits both critical FT's in this scoring challenged game. Our next possession, Bose hits what might have been our 1st 3 of the game to make it 60-52 to put it away.

No, it was our 2nd 3 of the game. We are 2 of 16 from behind the arc.

Spencer gets the board after they miss a 3 and they intentionally foul him. He misses both FT's but Johnson gets the offensive board. When it's all done, we get our first win of the year 61-52.

Joshua Johnson wins player of the game. He finished with 20 points, 13 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 6 of 13, 1 of 1, and 7 of 7.

Lloyd added 12 points and 10 boards. Spencer had 10 points and 5 boards. Bose had 12 points and 6 boards. Bakari Lewis had 5 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists.

We shot 30% tonight while they shot 28%.

Nov 23 -

We get our 2nd win of the year against 4-1 IPFW as we beat them 83-78. Spencer finally finds his shooting touch and his 3 of 4 3 pointers as he leads the team with 15 points. Bakari Lewis scored 12 and Lloyd ha 9 as did Johnson. Bose finished with 8. Newton and Martin each had 8 off the bench.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first week of early recruiting we get crushed as lose out on 3 kids that were pursuing. All of them were great outside shooters. The only player that it looks like we are going to get is a 7'1 240 JC FR Center from New Orleans who looks more athletic than our current behemoth.

We fail to get Dexter Grafs, the center, to sign during the early period. Hopefully, no one steals him from us later in the season. Hopefully, we can get anyone to shoot the ball. Our best prospect is a Erwin Perry, a 6'2 175 pound SG from Knoxville, TN but he is a bit of a long shot and more likely to go to Chatanooga.

Our other long shot is PG Salim Ballard from Houston TX. He is favoring Tulane right now, but we are 3rd on his list.

Our final recruit we are pursuing is an international player. Dramane Pekkola is a 6'5 215 pound SG from Finland who is reportedly a good outside shooter.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we play 3-5 Princeton. We match up very closely with them as we are both rated 70 overall in team talent.

They are a higher rated shooting team and are rated better offensively. We are rated higher defensively and in rebounding. We also have better team unity.

In the first half, Jeff Spencer has come alive! He's finishing on the fast break with nasty dunks and he has hit 3 of 4 3's! If he can shoot the outside shot like that, he could turn our season around. He is the player of the half with 13 points and 2 boards. We are up 29-26.

Crap. Poor attention to detail might cost me as Lloyd fouls out with 12 minutes to go!

With 2 minutes to go, we were up 54-51. We missed 2 3's but got offensive boards by our big men. However, we finally missed again and they got the ball back and scored to make it 54-53 with 33 seconds left.

They intentionally foul Bakari who misses the FT. Weatherspoon gets the offensive board and is immediately fouled. The big man is a surprisingly good FT shooter, but he misses it. They get a 3 point attempt which they miss and Weatherspoon gets the board and is fouled again. This time he hits the first FT but misses the 2nd. 3 seconds left, we are up by 2.

They miss the desperation 3 and we win 55-53. Bakari Lewis with good defense on that last second shot.

Spencer with a much cooler second half shooting, but he wins player of the game. He finishes with 16 points and 3 boards. He shot 6 of 13 and 4 of 9 from the arc. Bakari Lewis had 10 pints as did Martin. Johnson had 10 boards. Lloyd had 7 points and 7 boards before he fouled out.

Weatherspoon in his first extended action did ok. In 18 minutes he had 1 point, 9 boards, and 1 block. Bose continues to struggle as a SG. He had 2 points, 1 board, and 2 assists, althoug he did hold his man to 2 of 7 shooting. Speaking of good defense, Spencer's man was 3 of 14 from the floor.

That win makes us 3-4 and the improved outside shooting (I have Spencer, Lewis, Bose, and Martin only working on shooting) have me hoping that this season might be salvaged yet.

Dec 15 -

We pull off a bit of an upset win at Louisiana Tech, 75-74. We did it with balanced scoring. Lloyd had 14 points, 6 boards and 3 blocks. Johnson had 12 points and 6 boards. Bose had 11 points. O'Brien had 10 points off th ebench as he hit 2 of 3 3 pointers. Spencer had 4 points and 10 boards.

We are now 4-4.

Next up, we host a team we should blow out. Longwood Lancers are 2-12 and they are only rated 63 oveall. They are a terrible shooting team. They are rated 63 defensively. They are bad at everythng except rebounding which they are rated 77, the same as us.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A back and forth first half with each team scoring 35 points. We are each shooting 41% as well. Finally, our outside shooting is starting to come together as Spencer, Martin, and O'Brien have each hit at least 1 3.

Spencer is the leading scorer with 10 points. He is showing great athleticism around the rim. He is 3 of 5 from the floor, 1 of 2 from the arc, and 3 of 3 from the line. Lloyd had 7 points on 3 of 7 shooting as he is finally coming out of his early season shooting slump and starting to find some ways to score.

The only concern is that Johnson is in foul trouble with 3 and Spencer has 2.

With 3 minutes to go, Johnso fouls out of the game and we are down 58-50. So much for my blowout victory. Everyone has been cold for the last 5-7 minutes and they have turned out 5 point lead into a 13-0 run.

That run cost us as we lose 71-62.

Thoughts: We are finally getting some outside shooting from Spencer, but I miss the days of having multiple outside options so that when one went cold we could start feeding the others. Spencer went cold midway through the 2nd and it was the reason we lost as no one else could get it going.

Still, Spencer had a good game with 19 points, 2 boards, and an assist. He shot 6 of 11, 4 of 8, and 3 of 6. Bose had 13 points. Johnson had 4 points and 10 boards. Lloyd had 8 points and 8 boards along with 2 blocks. Bakari Lewis had 2 points and 3 assists. In just 10 minutes, Weatherspoon had 8 points and 6 boards as the big guy is starting to find his place in the rotation.

Dec 27 -

We host 4-9 Utah Valley State and lose to them 80-62 as our starters all shoot poorly. Johnson was our leaing scorer with 13 points on 4 of 14 shooting. He also had 8 boards and 3 blocks. Lloyd fouled out in 15 minutes and had 0 points and 3 boards. Newton had 12 points and 8 boards in 28 minutes off the bench.

With a 4-6 record, we enter Conference play with a game against Sam Houston State. They are rated 76 overall talent and will be a tough challenge. They are 6-2 this year. They are a strong shooting team with very good rebounding and better defense than us. I'll play that either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sam Houston State's best player is their SG Nick Sidorakis who can hit just about any shot on the court. He is rated 78 overall due to his deep shooting range. He is only a junior so we'll have to battle him for another year after this.

My goal is to run plays for Bose and try to draw fouls on Nick early. We play suffocating defense for the first 5 minutes, but 5 minutes in Lloyd picks up his 2nd foul. Weatherspoon comes in to man the middle.

One of our best defensive efforts of the year. Just great non-gambling defense in which we manned up. Yet, we are down 30-29 at the half. We held them to 33%. We shot 34%. We have 7 turnovers. They have only turned it over 2 times. I'm particularly proud of Bose's defense on Nick who is a truly great shooter. The kid has 5 bars all over the court but Bose has kept him under control.

Nick has 5 points on 2 of 7 shooting.

Joshua Johnson is our player of the half with 5 points and 7 boards in 17 minutes.

Bakari Lewis had 3 fouls at the half and Lloyd has 2, but both will start the 2nd half.

They come out with a full court trap to start the 2nd half. This leads to higher tempo from both sides as we get some easy baskets but they get some off turnovers as well.

With 11 minutes to go, Lloyd picks up his 4th foul and it will be up to Weatherspoon to see if he can help us hang in this game. Right now we are down 49-44.

They were starting to pull away until with 8:44 left, Martin hit a corner 3 in which he was fouled and made it a 4 point play. That cut it a 4 point lead again.

The next possession Weatherspoon gets a put back dunk and the foul to cut it to 3!

After a defensive stop, O'Brien fakes the 3, drives into the lane and gets the foul! He hits both FT's! Then, Martin blocks a 3 point attempt by Nick and takes it the length of the court for the slam dunk! We are up 60-59 and the crowd is going wild!

We just keep making plays as the crowd has us energized, a defensive stop, a steal, Johnson with a 14 foot jumper. We have a 5 point lead now and they take their 3rd timeout of this run.

Darn, off the timeout, Crow, their SF hits a 3 and it is 64-62, our lead. Johnson responds with a turnaround jumper in the post! After a miss by Johnson they close within 1 on a foul. 66-65 with 3:08 to go.

The momentum seems to be gone, so I get my starters back in.

With 1:48 to go, Spencer drives into the lane and draws a foul. He gets LeBron Ruffin, their star SF to foul out! He also hits both FT's to make it a 68-65 lead.

Lloyd steals a pass inside, throws it Bakari who gets it to Spencer. He is fouled on the break. No T on that one, but he will get the 2 FT's. He misses the 1st, but makes the 2nd.

Bose with good defense forces a miss. Lloyd with the board. With 3 seconds left, Lloyd is down low and getting double teamed, he throws it out to the open Bose who drills a 3. 72-65 and under a minute left!

After the intentional fouls, we end up with a 75-65 win.

Joshua Johnson was the player of the game with 15 points, 10 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He also converted a vicious alley oop from Bakari Lewis that was part of getting the crowd energized in the 2nd half. He shot 5 of 9, 0 of 1, and 5 of 6.

As a team, we shot 42% while they shot 38.5%. We outrebounded them 39-30. We also got to the line more and hit 77% of our FT's while they hit 60% of theirs. Huge upset victory to start conference play.

Martin led our team with 16 points and 2 assists. He also had a steal and a block. He shot 5 of 8, 3 of 4, and 3 of 3. The kid is becoming a major contributor off the bench.

Weatherspoon had 6 points, 7 boards, and a block in 21 minutes. Not bad for the big fella.

Lloyd despite only playing 19 minutes had 9 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 3 of 5 and 3 of 5 from the line.

Spencer had a horrible shooting night as he went 0 of 9 including 0 of 4 behind the arc. He still had 5 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and played good defense. Their star SF only had 10 points of 5 of 13 shooting and he fouled out of the game.

Bose played great defense and held their star SG to 11 points on 5 of 11 shooting. Bose also added 7 points, 2 board, 2 steals, a block. He shot 2 of 5, 1 of 1, and 2 of 2.

Bakari Lewis had 7 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

O'Brien continues to impress me as the backup PG. The kid can shoot a bit and will definitely take over the job next year when Bakari graduates unless we can get a good recruit this year.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 6, 2011 -

We play 3-7 UTSA which is slightly more talented than we are. They beat us 77-65. Their sophomore PG, Steven Keller, had 20 points and 4 assists off the bench to key the victory. Johnson led our team with 15 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks. Spencer had 10 points, 6 boards, and a block. Lloyd had 7 points and 7 boards. Martin had 15 points off the bench. We fall to 5-7.

Next up we play 4-10 McNeese State. They are rated 68 overall Their offense is only rated 68 and their defense is rated 66. We should be able to beat them in every phase of the game as long as we hustle and play to our potential. However, the game is at their place.

Caron Sherman, their PG, is their one dangerous player. Rated 71 overall, the PG can pass and shoot well. Fortunately, Bakari should be up to guarding him.

Lloyd with 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes and Weatherspoon has to come in early We had kept them scoreless up to that point as well.

Two very bad stretches in the first half have us down 34-23 at the half. We played good for 10 minutes and horrible for 10 minutes including the last 4 minutes of the half. Unbelievable how sloppy we are being with the ball.

Spencer is our leading scorer with 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting. We are going to lean on him in the 2nd half. Newton has 6. Bose is 0 of 7 and I'm going to start Martin at SG in the 2nd half as Bose is playing very sloppy SG.

With good fundamental basketball including solid defense and turnover free basketball we finally tie at 43 with 11 minutes to go. Bose is doing well at SF off the bench. Now to see if Newton can play SG off the bench, if so, this might become a normal part of our rotation with Martin starting.

Actually, Spencer is back at full energy before I need to bring Newton in. So I slide Bose back to SG and bring Spencer in as we build on our lead with 9 minutes to go.

They respond with a run of their own to tie it up at 56 with 6 minutes to go and now they have the crowd behind them. It's a back and forth game as we are trading baskets.

With 3 minutes to go, they tie it at 67.

Bose responds with a 18 foot jumper. After exchanging defensive stops, Joshua Johnson gets an offensive board which gets us a reset, we work it around to get Spencer an open look in the corner and he burries the 3 to make it 72-67 with 1:18 to go!

Martin, their SG hits a quick 3. He has 23 points this game and has been lighting up Bose. He's quicker than Bose and it's been showing badly.

Up by 2, we go to Spencer again who fakes the 3 and drives to the hole for the foul. Spencer is a poor FT shooter.... but he makes the 1st and misses the 2nd. 3 point game.

Martin misses the quick 3 and Johnson gets us the board. They foul him. He hits 1 of 2. Lloyd gets the board on a 3 point attempt and hits his FT's to end 1 of 2 to end all hope. Although, Martin does hit a buzzer beating 3 to make it close. 75-73 victory for us.

Lloyd was the player of the game with 19 points, 5 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 11 and 3 of 6 from the line.

Spencer had 17 points, 2 boards, an assist, and a steal.

Bose had 10 points, 4 boards, 2 assists. However, his man had 26 points against him on 5 of 6 shooting from the arc.

Johnson ha 5 points, 12 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block. Bakari Lewis had 8 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, and a board.

Martin had 7 points, 2 boards, 2 assists off the bench.

Thoughts: Very sloppy play in the 1st half almost cost us the win, but the team played smart solid basketball in the 2nd half for a good comeback victory. Martin continues to impress as does O'Brien. However, this team is going to be really hurting when Lloyd leaves unless I can land some surprise recruits.

Jan 15 -

We play at 2-8 Central Arkansas. They are the 2nd weakest team in the conference and I expect a win. We win easily 79-56. Lloyd had 21 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. Johnson had 12 points. Martin had 10 as did Bose. Spencer had 7 points and 7 boards. Bakari Lewis had 3 points and 7 assists.

We are now 7-7. Our next game is on the 19th against the weakest team in the conference - UT-Arlington. They've lost all of their talented players and they are struggling. Their overall talent rating is now a 65 and they are 1-12 as they can't defend well at all and they are a terrible team on the glass. I'll play that later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #134
rjolley
College Starter

EF27, do you find that teams work for quick shots when down late? In 2K7, the computer would play the last 20 seconds like the other 39:40, even if they're tied or down 1 or 2.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes they do. This game they did with Martin firing really quick 3's as the game got late. Othertimes, they seem to be overly patient.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, onto our game against UTA. Their best player is Cleveland Michaud who is a mediocre PF that Joshua Johnson should be able to manage. I will be very disappointed if we don't win this game comfortably.

In the first half, Bakari Lewis was our only consistent scorer and it cost us as we couldn't pull away. We are tied at 26 at the half. Bakari Lewis leads the team with 11 points thanks to 3 3's.

Lloyd can dominate his man. We need to get him the ball more this second half.

With 5:10 to go, Spencer misses 2 FT's and they draw a foul and hit 1 of their FT's to take a 1 point lead. We've failed to do the little things this game to have the huge lead we should have. We are down 53-52.

They foul Spencer and he misses 1 of 2 FT's He is becoming a FT liability. Still, it is tied at 53.

Lloyd with an offensive putback to tie at 60 with 1:54 to go. We shouldn't be struggling this badly, but at least we still have a chance to win this one..

Bose with a defensive stop and we throw it into to Lloyd who splits a double team for a dunk! 62-60! They come back with a 16 foot jumper to tie it. We go right back to Lloyd who hits a jump hook. 64-62 with 35 seconds to go.

Bose ends up stealing a pass with 10 seconds to go!!! They foul him before he can start a breakaway. He hits only the first of two FT's. They get the board and quickly move it up the court....

The 3 by their PG is short. Johnson with the board. They foul him but he hits the first FT to ice it.

66-62 win.

Lloyd is the player of the game with 19 points, 11 boards, and a block. He shot 8 of 9, and 3 of 4 from the line. He had 4 inches and 40 pounds on his guy and I probably should have gone to him more to make it an easier win.

Bakari Lewis had 17 points and 3 assists. Bose ha 13 points, 4 boards, and 2 steals. Spencer had 6 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists. Johnson had a surprisingly lackluster game with 1 point, 6 boards, and 2 assists. Also, the bench gave us nothing tonight with Martin being the only scorer with 5 points. Newton went 0 for 5. O'Brien went 0 of 4.

Jan 22 -

We host TXAM-CC, the best team in the conference. As expected, they blow us out, 100-65. Lloyd led us with 14 points, 7 boards, and a block. No one else broke double digits.

We are now 8-8 and I realize we have almost zero chance of beating them in the conference tourney

Our next game is against Lamar. They are 7-12 (2-3) and are evenly matched with us in talent.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-08-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A competitive first half in which each team had a run ends with a 33-32 lead for Lamar. Bose is our leading scorer with 10. Lloyd had 6 points and 5 boards. Harper, their PG, has 9 to lead them.

A great 14-0 run for us midway through the 2nd half built us a lead that we never relinquished. They cut it as low as 6 several times including the end of the game where they fouled us and we missed quite a few FT's. By the way, Rjolley, this team was shooting very quick 3's (sometimes to their detriment as they weren't all great looks) with the time running low.

We win 74-67 as I never really felt threatened after that run. We shot 53% as a team this game including 10 of 22 from the arc. During the 14-0 run we hit 3 3's in a row at one point.

Lloyd was the player of the game. He finished with 17 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and a block. He shot 6 of 7 and 5 of 9 from the line. Bose had 18 points on 7 of 12 shooting including 2 of 4 from the arc. He also had 5 boards, 3 assists, and a steal. Spencer had 16 points and 3 boards. He shot 7 of 15 including 2 of 6 behind the arc. Johnson had 8 points and 9 boards. Bakari Lewis had 7 points and 7 assists with the hot shooting team around him. One of our best games of the year and I wonder if we can build on it.

I have to think that Spencer is in the running for Conference Freshman of the Year. He is averaging 10.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, and 0.8 spg. The next best statistical freshman in the conference is Rodolfo Benjamin a 6'5 200 pound SF for Texas State who is averaging 7 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.5 apg, and 1.3 bpg.

Jan 29 -

We play 5-10 Northwestern State at their place. They are more talented than we are, but they are struggling as they don't have a lot of outside shooting either. We win 82-69. Joshua Johnson had a HUGE game with 22 points, 14 boards, 5 steals, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 15, 1 of 3 from the arc, and 7 of 9 from the line. Martin had 16 off the bench and Spencer was our third leading scorer with 12 points, 7 boards, and 1 steal.

We are now 10-8. Our next game is at Texas State. They are 8-9. They are ranked 73 in team talent. Their offense is rated 76 and their shooting is 81 compared to ours which is 76. Our rebounding is 77 compared to theirs at 73. I'll play that game tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-08-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Andrew Ike will be a tough guard for Johnson. The athletic PF is a skilled shooter and is very similar to Johnson.

Just like the last time we played them, they are running, trapping, and getting us into early foul trouble. They get 2 quick ones on Lloyd, but I'm going to leave him in for now...

He avoids the foul but 10 minutes into the game they are up 23-14.

The next 4 minutes mostly against their subs, Bose hustles and cuts the lead to 27-23 with multiple dynamic plays.

Right after returning to the game, their star PG goes down with a knee injury. He is the one player that really kills us with the steals and penetration so that will be a difference maker...

With 4:49 left they get a 3rd foul on Lloyd. I leave him in anyway.

Apparently, White, their PG just sprained his knee and he will come back into the game.

They have a little run as soon as White comes back and stretch their lead back to 6. 39-33 at the half.

White, their PG, leads them with 8.

Spencer leads us with 8 as he is 4 of 6 from the line. Bose has 6 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block as he did it all during that run that closed the gap when playing against their backup SG. Lloyd has 6 and 4 despite playing in foul trouble.

In the 1st minute of the 2nd half, Lloyd picks up his 4th foul I'm going to keep him out there for a few anyway.

With 13 minutes to go, we are down by 5 and I go to subs for guys who in foul trouble: Bakari, Bose, and Lloyd.

Those 3 subs help us get our first lead of the game as Weatherspoon had 2 blocks in a row, Martin hit a big 3, and O'Brien faked out his man drove into the lane and hit a jumper and the foul! 55-54 is our first lead of the game.

After a defensive stop, Martin with a fast break that draws a foul to extend the lead to 3.

Our subs got us a 6 point lead and it is holding as our starters are controlling the tempo in the 2nd half. 75-69 with 3:47 to go.

I shouldn't have spoken so quickly. They go on a 7-0 run and now it is 76-75 with 2:14 to go.

Bakari Lewis with another drive into the lane and a foul to break the run an foul out Ike. He hits the 1st FT, misses the 2nd. Lloyd gets the board but misses the putback. They get the rebound.

Bakari Lewis with a steal, Johnson on the break he is fouled before he can throw down the dunk. He misses the first but makes the 2nd to give us a lead.

We get a stop. They block Spencer's buzzer beater on our possession. Spencer makes up for it by getting a steal! 35 seconds left. We call timeout to talk it over.

We get it to Bakari a good FT shooter but he misses the first of 2 when they intentionally foul. He hits the 2nd to make it a 78-76 lead.

White tried a crossover on Bakari and Bakari stole it from him! Bakari hits 1 of 2 FT's. 3 seconds left. They miss the desperation 3 and we win it.

79-76 win.

Bakari Lewis is the player of the game. 14 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals. He shot 3 of 5 and 8 of 12 from the line.

Despite the knee injury, White, had 18 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals for them. I'm glad he is a senior.

Spencer had 14 points on 4 of 11 shooting. He also had 3 boards and 2 assists.

Lloyd ha 14 points and 7 boards on 6 of 12 shooting. Martin had 12 points off the bench. Johnson had 8 points and 8 boards. Bose had 8 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

In 21 minutes, Weatherspoon had 6 points, 9 boards, and 3 blocks in his best game for us. O'Brien had 4 points and 2 assists off the bench.

Feb 9 -

We play at 9-9 (6-3) Stephen F. Austin. They are rated 75 in overall team talent and should be able to beat us at their place. However, we pull off the upset 83-77! Bakari Lewis led the team with 16 points and 7 assists. He shot 5 of 10, 3 of 4, and 3 of 4.

Martin had 16 off the bench. Spencer had 13 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Johnson and Bose each added 10 points. Lloyd fouled out in 15 minutes and had a quiet night.

Our next game is at home against 9-10 (6-4) SE Louisiana. They are rated 75 in overall team talent. They are one of the best rebounding teams in the conference with an 82 in that category. They are well coached as well with a 75 which is one of the highest ratings in that category.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, it was 32-28 with 2:20 to go in the half. However, due to a very rare glitch that I've never seen before I had to quick sim the rest of the game. The opposition wouldn't send out enough guys for the FT and therefore the ref wouldn't give me the ball to shoot it. I waited 2 minutes and nothing happened, so I quicksimmed the game and we lost 74-64. We were in trouble anyway and probably would have lost as Lewis and Lloyd were in foul trouble and they were building their lead with a run.

Lloyd led the team with 12 points and 9 boards. Johnson had 12 points and Lewis had 11 points and 3 assists along with 5 turnovers. Spencer and Bose each had 9 points.

David Ndoumba their star PF (rated 75 overall) had 17 points and 17 boards along with 3 blocks.

After the game, Dante Newton meets with me to tell me that he is unhappy with his lack of PT and that he is considering transferring. I meet with him but he has been a disappointing shooter despite his reported good mid range jump shot, so I'm not going to play him a ton more as Spencer has lived up to his hype.

Feb 17 -

We play 2-18 UTA. In our simmed game, we get the blowout that I expected when I played them. 90-69 win. All 5 starters in double digits: Bose with 17, Lloyd with 15, Bakari with 14, Johnson with 11, and Spencer with 10. Johnson had 14 boards and 5 blocks in a dynamic performance. Spencer had 8 boards as the freshman SF continues to show an all around game.

Newton had 7 points off the bench but broke his hand and will miss the rest of the season.

Our next game is against the might TXAM-CC. I'm going to sim that as well. If I play them, I want it to be in the conference tourney. I don't want to try to grind it out twice against them in played out games

In a complete shocker, we upset them, 77-57! Their stars all had off nights. Watt their star PF shot 2 of 10. Their star SG went 2 of 11. Meanwhile Spencer led the team with 15 points, 10 boards, and 4 steals! Bakari Lewis had 15 points and 7 assists. Bose had 13 points and 7 boards off the bench (with Newton out, he became my number 1 bench guy with Martin starting at SG and Bose playing backup SG/SF) Johnson had 13 points and 14 boards!

We are now 14-9. Our next game is hosting Lamar who are now dropped own to 9-17. We beat them a few weeks ago 74-67.

Hopefully, I won't get any glitches this game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-09-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A horrid start to the game as we dig ourselves a 20-7 hole 8 minutes into the game.

Then Bose comes in at SF and it all turns around. 6 minutes later, we are down 26-23. I have to accept, he is a difference maker at SF, at least off the bench. At SG, he is just a decent player as his speed isn't as impressive against SG's.

Bose is exhausted after 10 minutes or so, but we are within 3, as it is 34-31.

At the half, we are down 39-35.

Bose is our leading scorer with 12 points. Rand is the player of the half and their leading scorer with 10 points. Rand, their SG, is shooting 5 of 9 for them but 0 of 3 from behind the arc.

With about to 14 minutes to go in the game, Johnson injures his ankle on a dunk attempt. Weatherspoon comes in and Lloyd slides to PF.

A few minutes later, Johnson is cleared to return. It is a mild strain.

With 10 minutes to go, we tie it at 53 which is our first tie since the beginning of the game.

A minute later, Martin hits a 3 to give us a 56-55 lead.

A disappointing loss as we fell apart down the stretch allowing a 8-0 run with 5 minutes to go that spelled our doom as we never could close that gap.

77-67 loss.

Rand was the player of the game. He finished with 19 points on 8 of 17 shooting, 1 of 8 behind the arc.

We had all 5 starters in double figures and also Bose off the bench:

Lewis, Johnson, and Bose each had 12.

Spencer had 11, Martin and Lloyd both had 10. Our other bench players scored 0 points. Lloyd led us with 6 boards as we got crushed on the offensive boards. Lloyd also had 2 blocks as did Weatherspoon in just 15 minutes.

Feb 26 -

As expected we lose to Northwestern State at their place, 79-72. Martin led us with 16 points and Bose had 10 points and 8 boards off the bench. Spencer had a very bad game with 0 points and 4 boards as he fouled out in 15 minutes.

We are now 14-11 with our last regular season game of the year being against Texas State who barely beat on the road a few weeks ago 79-76. If we can beat them, I'll be happy that we'll at least have 15 wins. More importantly, we will keep our rank as 2nd place team in the conference and shouldn't have to face TXAM-CC until at least the final of the Conference Tourney. Maybe, we'll get lucky and someone will knock them out. I think we at least have a decent chance against any other team in the conference.

I'll play the game against Texas State either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Due to a mistake on my part in which I forgot to reset my lineups after an injury, I now don't have Weatherspoon for this game against Texas State. As a result, I'll go small and try to run more when Lloyd has to rest and maybe even when Lloyd is on the floor.

As a result, we have one of our most fast paced first halves this season. 45-36 at the half. We are shooting 62% with plenty of fast break points. Lloyd leads the team with 9 points and 6 boards. Spencer and Johnson each have 7. Martin and Bose each have 6.

Down the stretch, they eliminate a 7 point lead that I had with a variety of plays including an incredible dunk on a breakaway by their SF. However, their SF a jumper although we foul him. He misses both FT's and Spencer gets the board. O'Brien gets into the lane and gets the foul. He makes both pressure FT's with under a minute to go to put us back up by 2. 80-78.

Their PG, White, is so fast and he burns O'Brien to make a floater in the lane to tie it up. After a steal they get a 18 footer which they miss. With 6 seconds left, Bose gets to the FT line as he is fouled on a 14 foot jumper. He misses the first.... but nails the second!

They move it up quickly and get off the 3, but they miss it! We win 81-80. 15 wins which I think might be tied with our best year

Lloyd was the player of the game with 17 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 13, and 1 of 3 from the line.

Spencer had 16 points and 5 boards. Johnson had 13 points and 11 boards. Martin had 13 points. Bakari had 8 points and 8 assists. Bose had 9 points and 4 boards.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our 11-5 Conference Record is good for 2nd in the conference. We'll face #7 Texas State. We'll it's been two close games, but we've won both times. Hopefully, we can make it 3

The 15-11 Record is not our best. I went 17-14 two years ago. So, we need 3 wins in the tourney, which would mean that we won the tourney and were going to the NCAA Tourney.

TXAM-CC will play UTSA first and then either Stephen F. Austin or Central Arkansas. If we beat Texas State, we'll play the winner of SE Louisiana and Northwestern. I'll play out the Conference Tournament tomorrow.

Interesting stat: Spencer has become the leading scorer on our team ahead of Lloyd as he scores better in simmed games than Lloyd does. Spencer's season average now: 10.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.7 apg, 0.9 spg, and 23.5 mpg. I think he has the Conference Freshman of the Year wrapped up.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very physical battle turns ugly as they slam Bose to the ground with 2:30 to go in the first half. He injures his ankle and has to leave the game

We are up 31-28 at that point.

At the end of the half, we are up 36-31 in a game in which we have avoided turnovers despite their high tempo press and we are generally playing well.

Lloyd is our player of the half with 11 points, 6 boards, and a block. He also played all 20 minutes.

13:30 into the 2nd half and with our lead slipping away, we have Bose try to go with a twisted ankle.

Bose is needing help guarding his man and won't give us many minutes...

In fact, with him being ineffective with the injury, 3 minutes later
go to Plavich. With 10:37 to go, we are down 50-48. As soon as he comes into the game, Plavich gets a fast break basket to tie it up!

Next possession, Lloyd gets the basket and the foul down low! After they tie it with a 3, Plavich responds with a fast break dunk!

We are down by 4 with 3:35 to go, 59-55. Lloyd is tired and will get a 1 minute breather.

After a steal, a breakaway pass from Bakari to Martin makes it just a 2 point lead with 1:20 to go!

We foul Bennett their PF and he misses the first of 2!

With the 3 point lead, they guard very well and maybe I should have gone for the inside shot, but we didn't. I went for a 3 with Bakari and he misses it. Johnson gets the board but has it stolen. We have to foul.

23 seconds left.

Johnson, their star SF, makes both FT's

Martin hits a quick 3! 13 seconds left!

White, hits only the 1st FT!!! Lloyd gets the board! Now, we have to hit the 3.... 11 seconds left...

Bakari Lewis drills it with a man on him! He swished it!

Their long heave doesn't go, we are going to OT!!

Our starters are all energized by the crowd.

With 1:35 to go in OT, Martin drives into the lane to get the foul. He hits both FT's to keep our lead. 76-73.

With 46 seconds left, Martin hits a corner 3 to make it a 79-75 lead!

We end up winning 81-77 in OT

Martin is the player of the game. 23 points, 2 assists, 1 board. 8 of 16 shooting, 3 of 6 from the arc, 4 of 5 from the line.

However, all of my starters were huge.

Lloyd played 44 minutes and had 16 points, 16 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Johnson played 44 minutes and had 13 points, 15 boards, 2 steals, and a block.

Spencer played 37 minutes and had 12 points, 7 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Lewis played 37 minutes and had 7 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, and 2 steals. The game tying 3 was his only 3 of the night. He was 1 of 4 from the arc and 2 of 7 overall.

Off the bench, Plavich surprised with 4 points and Grochowalski had 5.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

YES! UTSA shocked TXAM-CC 87-86 to knock them out of the conference tourney! UTSA and Stephen F-Austin will play in the other game while we'll play SE Louisiana who beat Northwestern State 92-87. SE was led by their star PG Chris Colvin who had 21 points and 6 assists. They also have a great SF in Daryl Arnold who had 20 points and 8 boards. They'll be tough, but I'm just glad to see TXAM-CC is out of it.

We lost in our only game to SE Louisiana this year 82-70.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A nearly flawless 1st half in which Spencer was on fire early and late in the 1st half. We are up 33-25 and Spencer is our leading scorer with 15 points. He also has 3 steals and a block as he is playing great basketball.

They come out with a 10-0 run to make it 35-33 before Spencer responds with a 3.

Spencer has been incredible and has more than half of our points with 26 points as we are up 50-46 with 9:30 to go, yet he is tired now. I bring in Bose who I hope can move a bit better with his ankle starting to heal..

Bose gives us 4 points and we go on a nice little run to build a 61-50 lead before I get Spencer back in there with 5 minutes to go.

We never are threatened again as we coast down the stretch. 68-56 win!

Spencer is the player of the game as his incredible shooting propelled us to our early lead at the beginning of the game and he was our consistent source of offense throughout the game.

Spencer finishes with 26 points on 9 of 15 shooting, 5 of 6 from the arc, 3 of 4 from the line. He also ha 5 boards, 3 steals, 2 assists, and a block. The freshman is a true building block for our team and he is already becoming special. He just needs to be more consistent.

Martin was our second leading scorer with 11 points on 3 of 11 shooting.

Lloyd added 8 points and 10 boards along with 2 blocks.

Johnson had 6 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, and a block.

Bakari had 8 points and 6 assists.

Let's see who our opponent will be in the Conference Tourney Final!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UTSA beat Stephen F. Austin 88-74. They were led by their center Russ Permenter who ha 33 points and 13 boards. Russ is a good center but Lloyd is his equal. Lavardicus Clarke, their SF, was hurt in the game and only had 2 points. It is unclear if he will play in the final, but obviously would be a big loss if he doesn't.

UTSA is rated 76 in overall team talent. They finished the year at 13-15(8-8.) Let's break it down position by position before the game starts:

PG Devin Gibson is rated 74 overall. He is 6'0 185 pounds. He is a senior. He is a devastingly good finisher around the rim. He has a terrific handle and is a good passer. Good speed and quickness. Advantage: UTSA

SG Dwayne Lathan is rated 75 overall. He is 6'4 201 pounds. He is a junior. He is a decent jump shooter with a great handle and good slashing ability. Very good athleticism overall. Also, a good defender. Advantage: UTSA

SF: Lavardicus Clarke is playing but he is hurt. Normally he is athletic and is a good defener. However, with his leg injury, I'm hoping he is slowed down. He is 6'8 240. At full speed this would be advantage UTSA but if he is slowed, this could be advantage Spencer.

PF Brennan Eppenhimer Rated 68 overall. He is a sophomore who is rated 68 overall. He is a good jump shooter for a PF. He is a good blocker and a good defender. Advantage: Push

C Russ Permenter: Rated 71 overall. 6'10 240. I'm glad he is a senior. Good jump shooter. Very good offensive game inside, better than I thought. Good passer for a big man. Good defensively. Still, he isn't much better than Lloyd and Lloyd has size on him. Push, maybe slight advantage to Lloyd.

Bench:

Steven Keller is a 69 rated PG who is lightning quick. I have no one like that on my bench.

Johnmark Ludwick is a 6'8 240 pound PF who can shoot the 3 a bit and is a good jump shooter. Rated 63 overall.

Majak Long is a 68 rated SG who is better than Martin perhaps. Advantage UTSA on the bench.

This will be a very tough game, but we'll slow it down like we did our last game and hope for some hot shooting from Spencer or Martin.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our starters played them evenly, but their bench killed us and open up a 10 point lead. We are down 32-24 at the half and we are only shooting 29% as Spencer has been ice cold and Martin has been just ok.

Lathan and Permenter each have 8 to lead their team in scoring.

Martin leads our team with 6. Spencer is 1 of 8 shooting and only has 2 points. We are going to have go the ball to Lloyd much more in the 2nd half who is 2 of 4 so far.

Lloyd played well, but he didn't have enough outside shooting help today. We lose 67-58 as their bench outplayed us and we could never cut into that lead that their bench kept building.

Lathan was the player of the game as Martin couldn't cotrol him. He had 22 points on 8 of 15 shooting, 1 of 5 from the arc, and 5 of 6 from the FT line. He also had 4 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Permenter had 12 points and 12 boards for them. Eppehlmer had 10 and 6 for them. Clarke had 6 points and 8 boards for them but he shut Spencer down. Gibson was shut dow by Bakari and only had 6 points and 4 assists.

Lloyd led our team with a superhuman effort. He played 34 minutes and had 20 points, 19 boards, 3 assists, and 3 blocks. He shot 9 of 18 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Spencer had 4 points on 2 of 14 shooting. Marti had 13 points on 3 of 10 shooting and 5 of 6 from the line. Bakari had 9 points and 3 assists in his final college game. Johnson had 3 points and 6 boards in his final game.

We are losing 3 starters and I wonder how much we are going to fall back next year as recruiting isn't going well so far...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The 4 #1 seeds:

Michigan State, Maryland, Florida, and Syracuse.

How they fared:

Syracuse beat #2 Alabama 94-82 to advace to the Final 4.

#1 Florida lost to #6 Texas 81-63 in the Elite 8.

#1 Maryland lost to #10 Ohio State 73-61 in the Elite 8.

#1 Michigan State lost to #5 Cicinnati 78-66 in the Sweet 16. Cincinnati then beat #3 Arizona 67-66 to advance to the Final 4.

In the Final 4:

Ohio State beat Cincinati 91-81 due in part to 28 points by senior center Kosta Koufos.

Syracuse crushed Texas 108-79 behind 41 points by SR SG Scoop Jardine.

With a balanced effort in which every starter hit double digits, Syracuse beats Ohio State 79-76 to win the National Championship.

SR PG Jeff Teague, Wake Forest, wins Player of the Year. He averaged 26.9 ppg, 5.7 apg, 4.9 rpg, and 1.7 spg.

Herb Pope, New Mexico State, won Mid Major Player of the Year. The 6'10 260 pound SR PF averaged 23.5 ppg and 8.4 rpg.

Syracuse's coach won coach of the year.

SR C Festus Ezeli of Vanderbilt won defensive player of the year. He averaged 3.3 bpg alog with 14.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, ad 0.7 spg.

SR PF Elgin Bailey of Mississippi State won Big Man of the Year. He averaged 24.6 ppg and 6.2 rpg.

Doug English of Louisville, a 6'5 200 pound SG, won Freshman of the year. He averaged 14 ppg and 3.8 rpg.

All-American Team:

PG Jeff Teague, Wake

SG Blake Hoffarber, Minn 25.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg.

SF Jamelle Horne, Ariz 16.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg

PF Elgin Bailey, MSST

C J.J. Jickson, NCST 23.6 ppg, 7.4 rpg.

Jeff Spencer won Southland Freshman of the Year! He finished the year with a 11.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.0 spg, and 0.9 apg.

Damarcus Weatherspoon also made the All-Freshman conference team at C. He averaged 2.8 ppg and 3.9 rpg alog with 0.6 bpg.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We lose Bakari Lewis, Ben Martin, and Joshua Johnson to graduation. Ted Swoger leaves the team due to lack of PT.

My 17-12 record this year ties my highest win total and is my best win% yet. The school administration is thrilled with the job I'm doing. Even though Spencer is a thrilling player, with the struggle to get recruits here, I'm hoping for a mid-major job to open now...

Early word is that I'm the favorite for a few Mid-Major jobs!

However, I get passed over for the best one as North Texas hires S. Zacackas from HP.

I get offered the job at Niagara. I'm a bit worried that the location might be a hinderance and the team was a dreadful 6-24 last year, but it is a mid-major conference - The Metro Atlantic and it is a clear step up. Furthermore, the team has some good shooters including Willie Andres a sophomore SF who is rated 76 overall. In fact, they have all 5 starters returning which is nice. I decide to take the plunge even though I will miss watching Lloyd senior's year as well as the development of Spencer.

They offer me a 2 year deal.. I wish it was a bit longer, but still I'm confident that I'll turn this team around and get an extension.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-10-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My old school does good for themselves as they get a Duke assistant to take their head coach job. I'll be interested in seeing how Keith Randle does with my old team.

My new team already has their only scholarship given out to a 2 star SF from Toronto Canada. I thought the city location might be bad for recruiting, but this team has a lot of interesting kids from Canada, so this could work out really well. Our one committed recruit, W.B. Meeking is a 2 star SF from Toronto who is 6'5 190 pounds and is reportedly a good shooter as well as a very athletic player. If that is true, I wonder why he is only 2 stars. He is ranked 501st overall and 112 among SF's.

With the lone scholarship handed out, let's look at the roster as I decide what positions to start recruiting among the current H.S. juniors/soon to be seniors.

SF Willie Andres 6'8 211 pounds. Going to be a JR. Scored 10 ppg and 5.9 rpg last year. Former 4 star player from Detroit Michigan who should be scoring much more than that. He is too unselfish. I'll have to try to work on that. The kid is a good shooter with athleticism. Ok defender. Rated 76 overall.

SF Channing Santos. 6'8 220. Averaged 11.4 ppg and 5.0 rpg last year. Career high 32 ppg. He is from Erie PA. Former 3 star player. He is going to be a junior as well. He is a good shoter. Not as athletic. Very good defender. Rated 73 overall.

SG Hodari Chatman. 6'4 178 pounds. Averaged 8.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 3.5 apg. Former 3 star player. He is from Toronto. Good slasher with excellent speed for the position. Mediocre shooter. Good passer. Ok defender. Rated 71 overall. Has high potential. Also, going to be a junior.

C Jean Pait. 6'10 225 pounds. Averaged 7.8 ppg and 4.7 rpg. Former 2 star player. Good passer for a big man. Ok in most areas, doesn't excel at much. Good dunker. Will be a junior. He is also from Toronto. Rated 67 overall.

PG Solomon Chatman. 6'2 195. 7.3 ppg 3.6 apg. 3 star player. From Chicago, Ill. Not a great handle. Good passer, good 3 point shooter. Ok defender. Great hustle player. Good potential. Going to be a senior. Rated 67 overall.

PF Sergio Owensworth. 6'7 220. 5.2 ppg 4.8 rpg. 2 star player. From Detroit. Doesn't excel in any area. Good FT shooter. Decent shot blocker. Rated 65 overall. Going to be a sophomore. Poor potential.

SG Ike Hendriks. 6'2 200. 3.5 ppg. 2 star player. From Toronto. Rated 59 overall. Mediocre player who the staff thinks has potential to become good. Will be a sophomore.

SG Steve Brady 6'5 185. 2.7 ppg. 2 star player. Rated 56 overall and doesn't have much potential. Will be a senior.

C Jeremee Belser 7'1 255. 1.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg. Rated 55 overall. Only played 5-10 mpg. 2 star player who can dunk well and is a passable rebounder. Doesn't do much else well but with his size he should get some time in our rotation. He will be a senior.

PG Casey Shaw 6'3 188. 2.4 ppg 1 apg. Rated 54 overall. 2 star player. Rated 54 overall. Poor handle for a PG. Not much potential. Will be a junior. From Cleveland.

SG Douglas Peciukas. 6'3 190. 2.4 ppg. 2 star player. Rated 53 overall. Will be a sophomore. Doesn't do much well. Won't play much if at all. He is from Toronto.

PG J.B. Bridgewater. 6'1 175. Rated 46 overall. Former 2 star player from Buffalo NY isn't cut out from college basketball. I won't cut him yet, but next year he probably won't make the team if he doesn't leave on his own..