Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

C-USA Week 3 - Files Due Thursday, October 9

we are back in business!

Week 3 files due Thursday. There are no human v human games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

I pull out a win against Marshall 42-30 on the back of two defensive TDs.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought we had no chance against Oklahoma, but after they received the ball and drove down the field, we picked off Bradford inside the 12 yard line. We then put together a 15 play 89 yard drive that consumed 5:29 to end the 1st quarter with a 7-0 lead on a fake FG pass from our backup QB to our backup HB that barely got off before the QB was hit.

Oklahoma again moved the ball in chunks and the drive ended with a 9 yard TD run by Murray to tie the game at 7 with a little over 5 minutes left in the half.

We ate a few minutes of clock before they stopped us on their 42. A great punt pinned them on their 2 with 2 minutes to go in the half. We thought they were going to run out the clock when it got down to 30 seconds left and they were still on their 24, but Murray broke 2 tackles and took it 76 yards for a TD. We went into halftime down 14-7, but with a glimmer of hope as we were going to get the ball back to start the 2nd half.

Midway through the 3rd, our worst nightmare happened as our starting QB (who is surprisingly good) went down. Can't blame him as Oklahoma had hit him 12 times already today. Fortunately, our backup HB was up to the task of running it in from the 6. We tied it at 14 and got news that our QB would be back in a few minutes. The drive consumed 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Murray was hurt on the 1st carry of Oklahoma's next drive and we forced a 3 and out as their WR dropped a 3rd down pass. On the 2nd play of our drive, our QB was knocked out of the game by a sack again.. On 3rd and 14, I should have run it. My backup QB as usual, threw a pathetic pass that was 10 yards behind his man and right into the gut of the Oklahoma DB who picked it off to give them great field position.

At the end of 3, we were tied at 14, but Oklahoma was inside our 10 and driving. They finished the drive with a 8 yard TD run. Down 21-14, I put my banged up QB back into the game.

Our QB converted two big 3rd downs including a 3rd and 9, but it was our running game that starred in a 14 play 71 yard drive that consumed over 5 minutes. We were tempted to go for 2 with 1:04 to go, but we kicked the XP and tied it at 21.

We thought we had them when we sacked Bradford to put them into 3rd and 20 to start the drive, but he connected with Gresham for 22 yards. Then, another quick pass got them 11 more to get to our 40. With 13 seconds left, he hit another pass to get to our 20. He took a shot into the endzone and our defender let it slip through his fingers! They lined up for a 37 yard FG with 3 seconds left. I iced the kicker. He missed it off the right upright! OT!

We won the toss and picked to play defense first. A sack on 2nd and 6 forced a long 3rd down which they failed to convert. They did hit a 36 yard FG to make it 24-21...

Our first play was a PA pass set up off one of the running plays that had been successful. We made a 14 yard gain on the pass to our WR. Two 3 yard runs left us with a tough decision on 3rd and 4.. we went with a PA pass to our FB who caught it and rumbled over 2 defenders to fall into the endzone! We upset Oklahoma 27-24.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Mike1409
High School Varsity

An upset!!! Restart the dynasty!!

I'm kidding great work!

Oh yeah, I beat FAU 28-21.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

Should be playing tonight, if not tonight then tomorrow for sure.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

A favor for here forward.

If you see that you are the last to play your turn for the week, could you PM me here? Will help me to advance faster as I don't boot up my 360 on a daily basis.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

I hope everyone got their turn in - I plan on advancing tonight.

Quote: