Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #851
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well, sorry if I led us astray w/ the Stauf confusion. Damn you EF for the flavor text that I latched onto!!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #852
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I assume that Elser's is just planted at a location, not that it detonates wherever Hitler is. I think Stauf's ability is the only one that will point out where Hitler is at.

That almost seems really underpowered then since the bomb has to be set off two night in advance. Unless they can decide the location at the last minute.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #853
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That almost seems really underpowered then since the bomb has to be set off two night in advance. Unless they can decide the location at the last minute.

Well, we don't know how many of the people in the ICU are going to survive. I hope they all will, but let's hold judgement on how underpowered that ability is. We don't know about some of the mechanics that are going on under the table here.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #854
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well, we don't know how many of the people in the ICU are going to survive. I hope they all will, but let's hold judgement on how underpowered that ability is. We don't know about some of the mechanics that are going on under the table here.

Yeah, but there could be wolves in there too. Ideally we see them all die, them all be wolves and we win right there.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #855
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, but there could be wolves in there too. Ideally we see them all die, them all be wolves and we win right there.

Well sure, that'd be great.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #856
Danny
Head Coach

I think the lack of jumping on Ntn here is a good sign. He is the obvious target and you'd have to think the wolves would have jumped on the chance to vote him if he was a villager.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #857
Telle
College Starter

Hey all.. I'm home sick today, so I'm not going to be in the thread much today. Anybody have a vote count?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #858
Danny
Head Coach

I think it's 2 for NTN and no other votes.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #859
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe the inverstigation is the punishment against the conspiritors for the mistaken PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #860
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Maybe the inverstigation is the punishment against the conspiritors for the mistaken PM.

I thought that was just a lack of a night kill the other day.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #861
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I thought that was just a lack of a night kill the other day.

GE was the night kill, no?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #862
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Basically yeah, but that was still kind of punishment since it meant they couldn't hit an important role.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Basically yeah, but that was still kind of punishment since it meant they couldn't hit an important role.

the vibe I got was there was going to be an additional punishment
Old 10-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #864
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
the vibe I got was there was going to be an additional punishment

Hitler was going to get some additional powers or something, wasn't he?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #865
The Jackal
Coordinator

To be exercised later on, that's what I remember reading.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #866
Danny
Head Coach

Oh yeah, and extra night power I think.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #867
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I thought they got a night kill that night. besides GE
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #868
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I thought they got a night kill that night. besides GE

No. They got no action that night.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #869
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

no. I think there was an additional kill Iwill go back and look for it here after my student leaves.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #870
The Jackal
Coordinator

The idea of Hitler gaining the power to be able to investigate Elser's attack resonates with me. I don't think we should be speculating about it, it'll just be confusing. When/if Hitler is revealed (without being killed), I'm sure he would have some info for us.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #871
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
no. I think there was an additional kill Iwill go back and look for it here after my student leaves.

There was definitely not an additional kill that night.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #872
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good points Jackal. It does mention that it is at a meeting, which I glossed over and focused on just the investigation portion.

If it was Elser, then we don't know that Hitler was there at all, or anything about any of the people at that location for that matter. Ugh.

Something else to consider--if it was Staufenberg. If it was, that means Staufenberg controlled the attempt, which means he and the conspirators knew it would happen. Which means we have another tool to consider who conspirators are, since it seems likely they wouldn't put conspirators in the room unless one was necessary to set it off.

But as mentioned, going by the game rules, it feels more like an Elser thing--outside of the investigation reference.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #873
Danny
Head Coach

Lathum was just boxed for a few days in OT, so just a heads up that he won't be voting. The child in the balloon thread is where the stuff happened.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #874
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Lathum was just boxed for a few days in OT, so just a heads up that he won't be voting. The child in the balloon thread is where the stuff happened.

So the two of us have voted, three people in the ICU, lathum boxed, leaves 6 people left who haven't voted?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #875
The Jackal
Coordinator

I would have to imagine at least two of those people are wolves, coming from the view that I know I'm not a wolf and that Danny isn't, and that statistics points to there being less than 2 wolves in the ICU, though that's not a definite because it wasn't up to the wolves where they would be stationed when the bomb went off.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #876
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I would have to imagine at least two of those people are wolves, coming from the view that I know I'm not a wolf and that Danny isn't, and that statistics points to there being less than 2 wolves in the ICU, though that's not a definite because it wasn't up to the wolves where they would be stationed when the bomb went off.

What statistics are you using to say there are less than 2 wolves in the ICU?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #877
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
What statistics are you using to say there are less than 2 wolves in the ICU?

Just the general 3 out of 12 people. That would suggest the chances are that there are less than 2 wolves, but like I said, that's not definite.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #878
The Jackal
Coordinator

What evidence would you bring out against PB or Schmidty, NTN? Since those are the names you mentioned earlier.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #879
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ok I was thinking of the lynching which there was, not the night action which there wasn't. I see now. sorry for adding confusion there.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #880
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm happy to see a situation where you aren't a wolf, but we need to get some discussion going here.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #881
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Something else to consider--if it was Staufenberg. If it was, that means Staufenberg controlled the attempt, which means he and the conspirators knew it would happen. Which means we have another tool to consider who conspirators are, since it seems likely they wouldn't put conspirators in the room unless one was necessary to set it off.

But as mentioned, going by the game rules, it feels more like an Elser thing--outside of the investigation reference.

CR, again, I'm almost positive this was an Elser attack. But even if it was Stauffenberg, there's no indication that it is up to the conspirators who is in the room whatsoever. Unless I'm mistaken, its up to Hitler to decide who attends the meeting, and that would make perfect sense. So it would simply be a case of Stauffenberg (if he was at the meeting), seeing how many conspirators were there before making a decision. We can't base anything on how many people they would place somewhere, I don't think they can place people anywhere.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #882
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

unless anyone has an objection, I will be taking over for Lathum while he serves his time...just waiting for him to call me to fill me in on the game

Quote:
So the two of us have voted, three people in the ICU, lathum boxed, leaves 6 people left who haven't voted?

what time is the deadline.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #883
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

to be honest Jackal, I have no evidence. I just knew that we have not sniffed in their direction
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #884
The Jackal
Coordinator

The deadline is 10 PM EST.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #885
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
to be honest Jackal, I have no evidence. I just knew that we have not sniffed in their direction

Alright. Never hurts to sniff in people's direction and make them talk some.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #886
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Alright. Never hurts to sniff in people's direction and make them talk some.

Unless they haven't showered recently, then it can hurt pretty bad.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #887
The Jackal
Coordinator

Har har!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #888
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just catching up on the Lathum boxing. saldana will take his spot during this time period.

Sorry for the strange game far, with the PM incident and now a boxing replacement.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #889
J23
College Benchwarmer

As far as my not voting, I'll likely be on around 8:15 or so to catch up on where the thread has gone and make my decision at that point. I'm hoping we learn something from the investigation by then, and that those that have been absent from the thread have gotten a chance to chime in.

Btw, the 2nd meeting set to happen tomorrow, correct?

Also, I don't expect to be on at deadline tonight again unfortunately.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #890
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Yes, second meeting tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #891
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, again, I'm almost positive this was an Elser attack. But even if it was Stauffenberg, there's no indication that it is up to the conspirators who is in the room whatsoever. Unless I'm mistaken, its up to Hitler to decide who attends the meeting, and that would make perfect sense. So it would simply be a case of Stauffenberg (if he was at the meeting), seeing how many conspirators were there before making a decision. We can't base anything on how many people they would place somewhere, I don't think they can place people anywhere.

Yeah, like I said, I am almost positive it's an Elser attack, too. But presuming the Staufenberg hypothetical, you are correct that they don't choose who's in the room. But they do choose when. And they can make that choice after seeing who's in the room.

My guess is the conspirators weren't about to fire off a bomb unless only at most one of them was at risk (the one setting the bomb int he first place, presumeably Stauffenberg).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #892
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, like I said, I am almost positive it's an Elser attack, too. But presuming the Staufenberg hypothetical, you are correct that they don't choose who's in the room. But they do choose when. And they can make that choice after seeing who's in the room.

My guess is the conspirators weren't about to fire off a bomb unless only at most one of them was at risk (the one setting the bomb int he first place, presumeably Stauffenberg).

But the bomb presumably has a very poor chance of working unless there is more than one conspirator in the room.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #893
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that there was likely only one conspirator at the bombsite and that it was Stauffenberg, otherwise why risk it. From the rules, have we seen any evidence that more conspirators make his attempt any more likely.

I am willing, for now, to assume that there were more conspirators at the other sight. That being said, my vote will come in a minute, looking up one thing.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #894
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, that's what I thought. I'll vote ntn now and hope that Hitler's investigation flushes out Stauffenberg.

vote ntndeacon
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #895
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I agree that there was likely only one conspirator at the bombsite and that it was Stauffenberg, otherwise why risk it. From the rules, have we seen any evidence that more conspirators make his attempt any more likely.

I am willing, for now, to assume that there were more conspirators at the other sight. That being said, my vote will come in a minute, looking up one thing.

The Jackal is right; it says in the rules that the more conspirators are present the more likely that the attempt will succeed.

It seems counter-intuitive then that the conspirators would be required to fire bomb a room at which they had a number of their own team in attendance. That tells me that Stauffenberg's method of attack is probably something other than an indisciminate bomb, which diverts from history.

No, it seems pretty clear Elser set this bomb two days ago, and we'll just have to mull over the Hitler investigation thing until we get more information.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #896
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Surely Lathum should be allowed to post in this forum.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #897
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

1944 - Foxley Operation

The British government using the Special Operative Executive planned on assassinating Hitler. These plans included several attempts, or several planned attempts.

First plan: Place a bomb on the train that Hitler used. After careful study of intelligence reports this plan was called off due to the very unpredictable schedule that Hitler kept. It was never determined that there would be one known time in which the plan could be successful.

Second plan: Poison Hitler's food and drink. This plan was also scrapped, this time because they would have to use an inside man for the job and getting an inside man that close to Hitler's inner circle was deemed too risky.

Third plan: Use a sniper to assassinate Hitler. They received information about Hitler's regular schedule when he was at the Berghof. He would walk around the woods every day at 10 AM unguarded and for much of it out of sight of the sentries. Churchill was in favor of this plan but they decided to scrap the plan as the war had turned before they went through with it. They were afraid that an assassination of Hitler by the enemy could turn him into a martyr in the eyes of the remaining Nazis and much of Germany.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #898
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

With all of the PM'd questions after last night's events, the location list did not get posted.

For day/night 4:

Berlin:
Schmidty
Danny
ntndeacon
Telle

Wolfsschanze:
Autumn
J23
PurdueBrad
Abe Sargent
KWhit