Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Carragher gets a yellow card for a trip on Adriano.

11 minute mark: Adriano passes to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Downing with the rebound.. shoots.. Kirkland dives.. amazing recovery to push it over the bar.

22 minute mark: Junior passes to Yakubu in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. catches it!

25 minute mark: Brown gets a yellow card for a trip on Yakubu.

40 minute mark: Yakubu dribbles into the box.. he passes to Ferro by the near post.. Ferro heads it.. into the upper right corner... GOAL. Down 1-0.

Halftime: They are leading 1-0. There are over 90,000 people at Wembley today.

I'm telling the team to open up the offense now at halftime.

47 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for tripping Junior.

58 minute mark: Adriano passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. wide left.

65 minute mark: Djemba dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. blocks the shot.

75 minute mark: O'Shea on for Chivu who recently got a yellow card. McFadden on for Djemba, and I'm putting McFadden up front, and putting Rooney in a very aggressive attacking midfield role. Also, Schreurs is very tired, so I'm putting Godoy in at right winger.

78 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for tripping Cisse.

81 minute mark: McFadden dribbles into teh box.. passes to Rooney.. he shoots.. from the middle of the box.. over the bar.

Game over. Another tough disappointing loss. 1-0 loss to Liverpool. We didn't defend our English League Cup Title.

We outshot them 13-6 (6-3 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 23 of 26 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 18 runs, 3 fouls drawn.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:50 AM   #352
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 27, 2013 -

Birmingham beat Liverpool in EPL Play 1-0 today. Liverpool has dropped to 3rd place.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa is just 1 point ahead of us.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:14 AM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 3, 2013 -

Darn! Liverpool lost to 18th placed Leeds 2-0 in an EPL Match. I'm glad to see Liverpool lose and drop further in the EPL, but why couldn't we beat them in the League Cup Final if they are losing so much lately.

Unfortunately, Aston Villa won and will remain a point ahead of us IF we win our next EPL Match.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #354
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
March 3, 2013 -

Darn! Liverpool lost to 18th placed Leeds 2-0 in an EPL Match. I'm glad to see Liverpool lose and drop further in the EPL, but why couldn't we beat them in the League Cup Final if they are losing so much lately.

Unfortunately, Aston Villa won and will remain a point ahead of us IF we win our next EPL Match.

liverpool motsed the cup final
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #355
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr
liverpool motsed the cup final

LOL!!!

Not so sure that EF27 understands the joke, but it was a very good one

FM
Old 04-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #356
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit that I don't get this joke
Old 04-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #357
condors
College Starter

match of the season in hattrick
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #358
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
match of the season in hattrick

to complete the explanation, MOTS designs an attitude you can ask of your players in Hattrick. It gives you more possession, thus giving you a better chance of winning. The drawback is that it "drains" your players, make them lose what we call "team spirit" and they will play badly for a few weeks, when you tell them to "play it cool" and they regain the lost "team spirit". That way, it often leads to your team winning the one big game, but sometimes losing a few games after that...

FM
Old 04-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #359
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ahh! Thanks for the explanation
Old 04-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 6, 2013 -

Today we play Porto in the 2nd leg of the 1st knockout round of the Champions League. We are tied 1-1 going into this game on their pitch, and it could be tough. I'm using my best lineup.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Howard
DL: chivu
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: cook (Fletcher getting demoted this game.)
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Taylor
S2: Marchetti
S3: Godoy
S4: King
S5: Fletcher
S6: McFadden
S7: Smith
Old 04-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Pepe steals it from Downing in the box to prevent us from having a great offensive opportunity.

2 minute mark: Schreurs steals it at midfield.. passes a lovely curving ball that drops into the edge of the box and stops rolling.. Adriano beats the defender to it.. takes three dribbles.. shoots from 12 yards out.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

8 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. strong curving shot.. sails wide right.

10 minute mark: Schreurs passes to cook outside the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

13 minute mark: Schreurs burns two men.. dribbles into the right side of the box.. passes to Adriano in the middle of the 6 yard box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

39 minute mark: Ferdinand with a very good defensive play in our box.

40 minute mark: Downing with a long pass from midfield.. it rolls into the box.. the keeper races to it.. Adriano races to it.. a defender races to it.. Adriano wins the race.. dribbles between the keeper and the defender.. fires it into the open net! GOAL!!!! 3-0! Adriano with a big hattrick early! (Finally, I can praise him after a game.)

43 minute mark: Pepe collides with Adriano.. Adriano is hurt, but my physios think he can come back.

44 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks the shot.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. 4-1 on aggregate. They have over 52,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Rooney steals it at midfield.. passes to Adriano in the box.. he shoots a hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

57 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Marreros.

58 minute mark: Chivu starts a counterattack.. passes it to Adriano in the midfield.. he passes to Rooney.. he dribbles between two defenders.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0!

60 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney, Smith on for Adriano, and Godoy on for Schreurs who is tired.

65 minute mark; Howard stops a shot from Marreiros.

91 minute mark: Downing passes to Cook just outside the box.. he shoots.. hard powerful shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 5-0! We are getting revenge for that embarassing tie at home.

Game over. 5-0 win, 6-1 on aggregate. We advance to the next round.

We outshot them 20-10 (12-6 on target)

Adriano won MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 17 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 3 of 8 headers, 4 runs, 1 assist, and 3 goals.

Djemba and Downing also had 10's for form.

Howard, Schreurs, Cook, and Rooney all had 9's for form.

Every other starter had an 8. This is the best overall team game we have played in a long time.

I'm making sure to praise Adriano to the media after the game.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 9, 2013 -

We will be playing Real Madrid in the Quarterfinal of the Champions League. The first match will be on our pitch on April 3, 2013. They should be a very tough opponent.

The other quarterfinals will be:

PAOK vs Parma.

Marseille vs Roma.

FC Bayern vs Mallorca.

Other than Roma, I think Real Madrid is the best team left.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 11, 2013 -

Fans are thrilled with Adriano's play and writing in thousands to support him.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 16, 2013 -

I decided to extend Dave Ryan's deal as he has been a good outfield coach. He wants 7,500/week which is a nice raise from his current salary of 4,600/week. However, I think he is worth it and offer him this rate for a 4 year deal.

I also approach Tony Coton who wants a raise from 5,600/week to 9,200/week. I agree to this deal for 4 years.

Carlos Queiroz's contract is up at the end of this year. This 60 year old is a superb assistant manager. He is currently making 11,000/week and wants a raise to 20,000/week. I agree to his request as he is truly invaluable.

Ivo Ulich, one of my physios, wants a raise from 550/week to 3,200/week. I agree.

Paul Underwood wants a raise from 550/week to 1250/week. I agree.

John Cooke, an excellent outfield coach, wants a raise from 4200/week to 7600/week. I agree.

Paul Thompson wants a raise from 700/week to 6,400/week. I think this is a hefty raise for this keeper coach, but he is young and full of potential. I agree to this deal if he makes it a 4 year deal.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:12 PM   #365
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 16, 2013 -

Salva, the 20 year old Italian centreback has requested a transfer. I really don't want to lose him, but I understand his frustration. He wasn't as ready to play as I thought he might be. I will grant his request and hope that he reverses it at some point. I really think he has tremendous potential as a centreback.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 17, 2013 -

Today we travel to play Chelsea in a key EPL Match. We are currently 2nd in the EPL while Chelsea is currently 5th in the EPL. Chelsea has been led by the dynamic scoring of their Adriano who leads the team with 26 goals. Adu is the second leading scorer with 11 goals, but he is injured for this game and definitely will not play. Joe Cole remains a dangerous midfielder who score or set up his teammates. They have a new keeper in Federico Donatelli and he is quickly establishing himself as a very good keeper. Centrebacks John Terry and Naldo are playing well in front of whoever is in goal. Petr Cech is recovering from an injury and might take over goalkeeping duties soon once again.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DL: chivu
DC: O'Shea
MC: cook
SC: rooney

S2: Marchetti
S5: McFadden
Old 04-28-2005, 05:38 PM   #367
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Joe Cole passes to their Adriano in the box.. he fakes out Lucio.. he fakes out Howard.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

25 minute mark: Downing crosses to Adriano in the middle of the 6 yard box.. he heads it.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

27 minute mark: Downing steals it at midfield.. passes it to Adriano outside the box.. Adriano with a brilliant dribble around one defender.. another good move on Terry.. into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1! Great goal from my Adriano.

37 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots that shot that is parallel to the endline.. it curves at the last second.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 2-1! That is Rooney's 25th goal of the year.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

66 minute mark: Diego passes to Rafael van der Vaart in the edge of the box... he shoots.. upper right corner... Howard dives.. it is just out of his reach.. it his the post.. and bounces in! GOAL. 2-2.

75 minute mark: I transition to our 4-3-1-2 attacking offense by pulling Cook and putting McFadden in at attacking midfielder. I also put King on for Djemba who is tired, and Godoy on for Schreurs who is tired.

80 minute mark: Godoy burns his man.. passes to Downing in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

85 minute mark: Godoy burns the defender.. into the box.. passes to Adriano.. he shoots.. over the bar.

87 minute mark: Howard stops a powerful 20 yard shot from Cole.

90 minute mark: McFadden dribbles down the middle of the pitch.. passes to Rooney in the box.. he hsoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Game over. 2-2 tie on the road. At least this tie is a quality tie, but we really can't afford any more ties with Aston Villa ahead of us.

We each had 13 shots. We each had 6 shots on target.

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 11 of 17 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 4 interceptions, 11 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #368
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 17, 2013 -

Downing was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Alfonso suffered a groin strain today and will miss at least 2 weeks.

I had to name my England squad for the upcoming World Cup Qualifying Group 4 match. I surprised many by not naming Ledley King a starter, nor did I name Chris Kirkland a starter.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-28-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 20, 2013 -

Milan has sacked Gianlucka Atzori for the team's recent poor play.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #370
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 22, 2013 -

Today I'm coaching the England U21 team in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying group play at home against the Ukraine. The Ukraine's U21 team doesn't have too many talented players and we should be able to handle them.

I asked my AM to pick this lineup and he is recommending starting three of my players:

GK: Jon Hooper
DL: Lee Roberts
DC: Charlie Wilson
DC: Robert Morris
DR: Paul White
ML: John Hall
MC: Jamie Cook (my player)
MC: Michael Wood (ditto)
MR: Paul Kelly (double ditto)
SC: Steve Wilson
SC: Wayne Worthington

S1: Ian Thorpe
S2: David White
S3: Dave Moore
S4: Mark Tucker
S5: MArtin Scott
S6: Jimmy Farrell
S7: Gavin Lynch

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-29-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:37 AM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Kelly takes it down the right sideline.. crosses to the center of the box.. Wood heads it.. over the bar.

8 minute mark: Kelly passes to cook in the middle of the box.. Cook shoots.. upper right corenr.. good save by the keeper.

28 minute mark: Kelly crosses to Wood just outside the box.. Wood shoots.. over the bar.

31 minute mark: Kelly burns his man.. dribbles down the right sideline.. crosses to Worthington.. Worthinton is pushed by the keeper.. penalty awarded.. Cook steps up.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

38 minute mark: Hall passes to Wilson in the left side of the box.. he shoots a sharply angled shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

40 minute mark: Cook passes to Kelly on the right wing.. he dribbles.. crosses it to the center of the box.. Wilson heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

42 minute mark: cook passes to Kelly on the right wing.. he passes it diagonally into the box to Worthington.. he shoots immediately.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We have over 10,000 fans here today.

62 minute mark: White on for Morris, Moore on for Hall, and Tucker on for Wilson.

72 minute mark: Kelly passes to Wood in the box.. he shoots.. over the keeper's right shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

74 minute mark: Kelly passes to Moore outside the box.. Moore dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 6-0.

Game over. 6-0 win for England's U21 team

We outshot them 22-5 (10-2 on target)

My Paul Kelly won MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 26 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 4 assists.

Kelly looks bad in my team's practices (his attributes just aren't that great), but perhaps I need to give him another look.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #372
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 23, 2013 -

Tim Howard played well in a 6-0 win over El Salvador in a World Cup Qualifying match.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:42 AM   #373
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 23, 2013 -

Today I coach England in a World Cup Qualifying match against the Ukraine. They have a decent team and could be a challenging foe.

GK: Paul Robinson
DL: Ashley Cole
DC: Rio Ferdinand
DC: Anthony Gardner
DR: Glen Johnson
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Gareth Barry
MC: Jermaine Jenas
MR: Christopher Eagles
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Luke Moore

S1: Chris Taylor
S2: Ben Bennett
S3: Steven Gerrard
S4: Jermain Defoe
S5: Wayne Bridge
S6: Joe Cole
S7: Alan Smith
Old 04-29-2005, 12:59 AM   #374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Eagles crosses to Downing in the box.. he shoots... upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

7 minute mark: Ashley Cole with a long pass.. Rooney gets it outside the box.. he dribbles around a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

35 minute mark: Rooney passes to Downing in the left side of teh box.. Downing shoots. it hits the crossbar.. bounces to Moore.. he slams home the ball into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us. We have over 78,000 fans here at Wembley today.

I'll sub out Rooney soon..

51 minute mark: Defoe on for Rooney and Smith on for Moore.

62 minute mark: Cole on for Downing.

Game over. 3-0 win for England!

We outshot them 25-3 (10-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 7 of 9 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 11 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and a goal.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #375
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

International Roundup (All World Cup qualifying play):

John O'Shea and Damien Duff were average, and Ireland tied Bosnia 1-1.

Jeroen Schreurs had a disappointing game, but Holland beat the Faroe Islands 3-0.

James McFadden had a goal and an assist for Scotland in their 5-1 win over Azerbaijan. Fletcher also had an assist in this match.

Dalibor Stevanovic had Slovenia's only goal in their 2-1 loss to Germany.

Zdenek Grygera played poorly for the Czech Republic in their 2-0 loss to Serbia and Montenegro.

Cristian chivu played very well for Romania in their 1-0 win over Albania.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:15 AM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 27, 2013 -

Tim Howard was great in the USA's 4-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup qualifying match.

The following matches were friendlies:

Cristian Chivu played well in the 1st half of Romania's 1-0 win over Liechtenstein.

Damien Duff had 2 assists for Ireland in their 5-0 win over Chinese Taipei.

Darren Fletcher had 2 assists for Scotland in their 4-0 win over Saudi Arabia.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #377
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 30, 2013 -

We've had 3 matches postponed due to international callups. We are going to have a very busy end of April.

Now our next match is a Champions League Match against Real Madrid on April 3, 2013.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:26 AM   #378
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 30, 2013 -

Aston Villa tied Manchester City 1-1, and this will give us a chance to catch up some in the EPL when we eventually play our EPL Matches.

Unfortunately, Paul Scholes was sacked by Coventry today

Sunderland have won the English Championship Title in convincing fashion.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:40 AM   #379
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2013 -

Fabrizio Castori has been sacked by Lazio.

Ouch. Adriano strained his neck in practice today and will miss about a week. Doctors believe it is unlikely he will be available for our key match against Liverpool on April 7th

The board is satisfied with my performance as manager.

Everton's Mauro Di Mauro has won EPL Player of the Month. Hanno Balitsch of Middlesbrough came in 2nd, and Scott McDonald of Everton came in 3rd.

Coventry's Wayne Worthington has won EPL Young Player of the Month. Gregory Maury of Leeds came in 2nd, and Alan Ball of Southampton came in 3rd.

Aston Villa's Bruce Arena has won EPL Manager of the Month. Joe Roach of Leeds came in 2nd, and Sammy Lee of Southampton came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney's goal against Chelsea from March 17th won goal of the month.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:41 AM   #380
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 3, 2013 -

Milan has hired Luca Trucchi from Brescia to become their new manager.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 AM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 3, 2013 -

Today we host Real Madrid in the 1st leg of the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. Real Madrid is a masterful team who fortunately will be missing multiple players due to international play! Specifically, their best striker Fernando Cavenaghi, their 3rd best striker Horacio Peralta, their best left winger Mark Gonzalez, the left fullback Maxwell, their 4th best striker Edixon Perea, and Michal Kowalik are listed as being away on international duty. Their second best striker Nilmar is injured. Their top midfielder Francesc Fabregas is also injured. To be honest, they are going to have a hard time lining up 18 men (11 starters and 7 subs.) Vincent Kompany is a top notch defender and he will be difficult to get past to score. This should be a very interesting match.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

DL: Chivu
MC: cook
Sc: Smith

S2: Fletcher
S6: Stevanovic
S7: O'Shea
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 AM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Looking at their starting lineup, it is clear they are relying on multiple very young players including striker Tucker who played for my England U21 team last week. Their only veteran players on the pitch are centrebacks Vincent Kompany, Pavon, and keeper Iker Casillas (who could shut us down by himself if he is playing at the top of his game.)

6 minute mark: Smith passes to Djemba in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Casillas dives.. blocks it.

9 minute mark: Downing passes to Schreurs in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

22 minute mark: Alan Smith steals a pass from Casillas to Kompany.. he blasts a shot from 30 yards out into the wide open net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

30 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Casillas dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

51 minute mark: Cook passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

56 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. wide left into the sidenetting.

61 minute mark: Rooney passes to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

71 minute mark: Stevanovic for Djemba, Godoy for Schreurs, and King on for Smith.

85 minute mark: Godoy with a brilliant dribble around two defenders.. crosses long to Downing left of the box.. he passes to Rooney in the box.. Rooney shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney gets the rebound.. blasts it into the left upper corner! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

88 minute mark: Godoy dribbles past two defenders on the right wing.. really used his speed there.. passes to King in the box.. King shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 win! I'm very happy with this game thanks to those two late goals.

We outshot them 17-3 (10-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 24 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 16 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Schreurs and Djemba both had 9's for form.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:04 AM   #383
robbgmaier
College Prospect

woot
that is all
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2013 -

YEAH! Jose Mourinho has finally been fired by Chelsea. Good to see that jerk leave the team. Hopefully, he'll be out of the EPL completely. Michael van Praag is the favorite to take over the job. Chelsea is currently 5th in the EPL.

I decide to take the opportunity to make an offer for Adu

Andrea Manzo has been hired as the new manager at Lazio.

OOC Note: I'm on call tonight, so if I leave you all hanging with a game result, that is the reason.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2013 -

Today we play Liverpool in a key EPL Match. I think it is vital that we win this road game if we are going to win the EPL. Liverpool has been hurt by late injuries and this greatly increases our chances. The injured include: Valdo, Jamie Carragher, Liam Ridgewell, Nigel de Long, Gael Clichy, and Jose Luis Abad. In addition, Michael Owen and Andres D'Alessandro are both doubtful for this game. However, Liverpool will still be tough because of keeper Chris Kirkland and strikers Djibril Cisse and Yakubu who are all healthy and very talented. We need to shut down those strikers who both have 27 goals.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 40's today.

MC: Cook
SC: Smith (Adriano is out injured)

S2: Fletcher
Old 04-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #386
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Downing passes to Djemba.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Kirkland turns it away.

5 minute mark: rooney dribbles into the box.. draws two defenders.. passes to Djemba.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

6 minute mark: Kirkland starts the counter attack.. long pass to Yakubu.. he outjumps Brown.. heads it to Cisse.. Cisse passes it between two defenders to Yakubu in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Howard dives.. tips it.. but it still rolls into the net! GOAL. Down 1-0.

16 minute mark: Rooney dribbles into the box.. draws two defenders.. passes to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. Kirkland saves it.

28 minute mark: Luis Garcia with a free kick... passes it to Yakubu in the box.. he fakes out Ferdinand.. shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives... it is past him. GOAL. Down 2-0.

36 minute mark: Downing with a corner to the far post.. Rooney heads it.. into the crossbar.

38 minute mark: Downing passes to Cook outside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

44 minute mark: Cisse passes to Yakubu in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for Liverpool. They have over 61,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Downing passes to cook in the box.. he shoots.. a defender blocks it.

60 minute mark: Lucio passes to Djemba just outside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

61 minute mark: Rooney dribbles into the left side of the box.. crosses to Smith.. great pass.. Smith wiffs on it!

61 minute mark: McFadden on for Djemba - moving McFadden to AMC in a 4-3-1-2. King on for Smith, and Godoy on for Schreurs. Time to fire up the offense.

68 minute mark: Rooney dribbles into the box.. is tackled.. the ball rolls to McFadden.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. barely wide right.

74 minute mark: cook passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

77 minue mark: Downing with a corner kick.. to Lucio by the near post.. he heads it.. into the crossbar.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots from 5 yards out.. Great save by Kirkland. He is having a great year.

Game over. Disappointing 2-0 loss.

We outshot them 16-13 (7-7 on target)

Kirkland was great with a 10 for form, but Yakubu won MoM. 10 for form, 28 of 32 passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 9 of 26 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Table Look (Top 5 as they are all that matters at this point) (OOC: Darn, just got paged.. FU!#$%!$!#!% I hate when Judges order me to admit teenage girls into the hospital. Horrible abuse of judicial power in my opinion. I know I'm not a freaking Lawyer, and I don't tell them how to do their freaking job, yet they order me to admit a girl into the hospital because she wasn't wearing undergarments and she started having her Menses.. f!#$! !#$. /End of Rant. I'll be back later with a league update table.)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Review of the Top of the Table:

1st - Aston Villa. 19-10-4 record. 67 points after 33 games played. Goals for 53. Goals against 23. Remaining games: Chelsea at home (4th), Birmingham (12th) on the road, Liverpool (2nd) at home, Leicester (7th) on the road, and Leeds (16th) at home. Doesn't have any non EPL matches left which is an advantage for them. However, they only have one truly easy game (Leeds.)

2nd - Liverpool. 19-6-7 record. 63 points after 32 games. Goals for 61. Goals against 30. Remaining games: Fulham (8th) at home, Arsenal (9th) on the road, Aston Villa (1st) on the road, Newcastle (5th) on the road, Everton (6th) at home, and Middlesbrough (15th) on the road. Still has the FA Cup matches. Also, suffering from multiple injures. Middlesbrough is the only easy game remaining.

3rd - Us! 15-14-2 record. 59 points after 31 games. Goals for 50. Goals against 23. Remaining games: Leicester (7th) at home, Tottenham (10th) at home, Leeds (16th) on the road, Birmingham (12th) at home, West Ham (17th) at home, Newcastle (5th) on the road, and the Wolves (19th) at home. We are still alive in the Champions League which could cause more "extra" matches than either of the top 2 teams. We also face the challenge of a string of 5 games in 2 weeks. On the plus side, three of our games are against relegation battlers and this is the easiest of the top 3 teams' schedules.

4th - Chelsea. 15-13-4 record. 58 points after 32 games. 51 goals for. 31 goals against. Remaining EPL Games: Aston Villa (1st) on the road, Everton (6th) at home, Middlesbrough (15th) on the road, Arsenal (9th) on the road, Coventry (18th) at home, and Southampton (13rd) on the road. They still have UEFA matches and FA Cup matches left. Their squad is getting thin. However, they also have a favorable EPL Schedule down the stretch with only 2 really hard matches.

5th - Newcastle. 17-7-8 record. 58 points after 32 games. 51 goals for. 33 goals against. Remaining EPL Games: Leeds (16th) at home, West Ham (17th) on the Road, the Wolves (19th) on the road, Liverpool (2nd) at home, Manchester United (3rd) at home, and Arsenal (9th) on the road. They are still alive in the UEFA as well. They have a healthy team. They have 3 easy games followed by 3 challenging games. They might be the deciding factor in who wins, but are unlikely to win the EPL themselves.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 8, 2013 -

Lucio was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 10, 2013 -

Today we travel to play Real Madrid on their pitch in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Quarterfinal. I'm taking a huge risk, but I have to rest Rooney and the rest of the starters somewhere during this next month. I'm doing it in this match. We are up 3-0 on aggregate.

They are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

DL: Schmidt
DC: O'Shea
DC: Marchetti
ML: Alfonso
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Fletcher
MR: Godoy
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S2: Salva
S3: Parker
S4: Marino
S5: Wood
S6: Smith
S7: Rooney (will only play if they start pulling even.)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Stevanovic gets a yellow card for holding Cavenaghi's jersey outside the box.. Peralta takes the free kick from 25 yards out.. strong curving shot.. around the wall.. into the upper right corner.. Howard flailed at it, but missed.. GOAL. 1-0. Still up 3-1 on aggregate.

6 minute mark: Marchetti with a series of good defensive plays.

7 minute mark: Fletcher passes to King in the box.. he fakes out a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. It's past Casillas! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

15 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for bodychecking Cavenaghi.

20 minute mark: Fletcher passes to King who passes to McFadden in the box.. he fakes out one defender, but Kompany tackles him.

27 minute mark: Godoy fakes out two defenders.. passes to King in the box.. King is wide open.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1!

40 minute mark: Maxwell gets a yellow card for tripping Stevanovic.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us. 5-1 on aggregate. They have over 75,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Kompany gets a yellow card for a trip on McFadden.

52 minute mark: Gonzalez passes to Cavenaghi in the box.. he shoots... upper left corner.. Howard dives.. saves it!

55 minute mark: Alfonso gets a yello wcard for a trip on Joaquin.

61 minute mark: Wood on for Godoy who is exhausted. Salva on for Schmidt who is also tired.

65 minute mark: Joaquin blasts a shot from 25 yards.. Howard tips it over the bar.

67 minute mark: Howard stops a two quick rapid succession shots from Cavenaghi.

75 minute mark: Howard stops a long range blast from Joaquin.

Game over. 2-1 win on the road! 5-1 win on aggregate

They outshot us 15-9 (11-5 on target)

Howard has a 10 for form and wins MoM.

McFadden and King each had 9's for form.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 3.2 million dollars for winning the Quarterfinals of the Champions League.

In other matches:

Parma beat PAOK 3-1 on aggregate.

Roma beat Marseille 3-2 on aggregate.

Mallorca beat FC Bayern 3-2 on aggregate.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 12, 2013 -

I'm rather pleased with our Semi Final draw for the Champions League. We will play the first leg on Parma's pitch.

Roma and Mallorca will play in the other Semi-final.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:08 PM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2013 -

Today we play Leicester in an EPL Match on our home pitch. We are 3rd in the EPL. They are 7th. Leicester is thriving on the amazing scoring of Dean Ashton. I had a chance to get this guy when I first came to Manchester and am disappointed that I didn't. He plays so far above his talent it is amazing. He has 33 goals in 38 games! The second leading scorer is Jafeth Asprilla who has 11 goals. Edgar Barreto is a very talented right winger. Rohan Ricketts is a good midfielder. Paul Gallacher plays great in goal despite the defensive line playing poorly. Jonathan Spector has been the most consistent defender for the past few weeks, and he hasn't been great or even very good.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

Before the match, Adriano came to me and told me he wants a better contract. I have to admit he is a bargain at 53,000/week. I tell him we will discuss it after the match.

MC: Cook

S2: Cahais
S3: Parker
S4: Smith
S5: Wood

OOC Note: Work calls again. Hopefully, I'll be back to play this in a little bit.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #395
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My AM tells me as the match is starting that Adriano has told the Guardian that he is no longer happy with his current contract and he wants a new deal immediately.

Just before the game starts, Howard and several other players come up to me and tell me that they are upset with Adriano's attitude and his going to the press. They hope that he matures quickly or that I look to move him.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #396
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute mark: Cook steals it at midfield.. passes it up the middle of the pitch to Rooney.. he dribbles between two defenders.. the keeper comes out to challenge him.. Rooney chips it.. over the keeper.. and it sails just under the bar! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

2nd minute: Cook steals it at midfield.. passes to Rooney on the left wing.. he dribbles down the left side of the pitch... passes to Downing in the box.. Downing shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Adriano gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

5 minute mark: cook steals it at midfield.. passes to Schreurs right of the box.. he passes between two defenders to Adriano.. Adriano fakes out the keeper.. fires it up into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!!! 3-0.

10 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. around two defenders.. crosses to the center of the box.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

21 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. crosses to Djemba in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

25 minute mark: Djemba with a hard long range shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Downing gets the rebound.. passes to Rooney on his right.. Rooney fires it into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

37 minute mark: Ashton gets a yellow card for a trip on Chivu.

Halftime: 4-0 lead for us

We have over 70,000 fans here today.

I'll give Rooney 15 minutes to get his hattrick before I pull him.

63 minute mark: Smith on for Rooney. Wood on for Djemba and Cahais on for Ferdinand.

The crowd gives Rooney a standing ovation as he comes off the pitch!

84 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for holding Barreto.

88 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. draws a third over as he goes into the box.. passes to Adriano who is wide open on his right.. Adriano hits it into the wide open right net with a powerful header!! GOAL!!!!! 5-0! That is Adriano's hattrick. That is also his 20th goal of the year! Only Rooney has more this year.

Game over. 5-0 win

We outshot them 19-1 (12-0 on target)

Adriano wins MoM, 10 for form, 13 of 15 passes, 0 tackles, 9 of 17 headers, 2 interceptions, 1 run, 4 fouls drawn, and 3 goals.

Rooney and Downing both had 10's for form as well.

Schreurs and Djemba both had 9's for form. Every other starter had an 8 except for Howard.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:28 PM   #397
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match:

Now, I find myself having a tough choice. Do I let Adriano stew for a bit, and maybe have him play inspired football showing me he is worth more money?

Do I risk his anger if I don't offer him more money soon enough?

Do I risk the anger of Howard and others if I give him more money too soon?

Decisions.. decisions.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Adriano suffered a concussion and will miss about 5 days including our next match.

Boston United have been relegated from League One.

Rooney's 21 league goals is a new Manchester United Record this season.

An Update on the top teams:

Aston Villa hasn't played any more games.

Liverpool hasn't played any more games.

Actually none of the top 5 besides me has played any more games. We'll continue to follow them as the season winds down.

Oh yeah, I've decided to delay offering Adriano a new contract til after at least 1 more great game.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:36 PM   #399
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2013 -

Wigan have hired Paul Scholes as their new manager! I wish Paul luck in turning them around. They are currently 11th in League One and most of the team is unhappy and wanting to be transferred.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-29-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:39 PM   #400
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 15, 2013 -

Lucio, Downing and Djemba have all been selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Middlesbrough have hired Mike Newell to be their new manager.