Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC II - For Blood and Glory - WMMA 2

UKC Owner Adam Burton and President "Ace" Lee looking to make a splash on the British MMA scene.

“Tonight Blurcat talks to two whiz kids who are looking to make a footprint in the English and European Mixed Martial Arts scene with their new company UK-Combat. Owner and CEO Adam Burton and President Anthony “Ace” Lee were entering their final semester at Cambridge University at this time last year…….”

And so the interview started…….One that I would never have imagined having until an experience that would forever change my goals and hopefully my life. On Holiday after graduating from Cambridge in the summer of 1998, I was visiting friends in Asia with a classmate of mine, Adam Burton. Burton was snarky Lad from Portsmouth, who came from a very rich Family. In fact, upon our return he had a $100,000 trust fund waiting for him, which was basically a graduation present to do with as he pleased. Now I am sure his rather esteemed father had visions of Adam investing the money in a well thought out business plan, or perhaps as a down payment on a nice Villa on one of the family’s vast property holdings. Alas, I was afraid that I would be responsible for negating any chance either of these scenarios may have held before the trip, much to the chagrin of his entire family.

I had always been a rabid Martial arts fan and had trained at various disciplines since a young age. I had recently dabbled in a growing sport call Mixed Martial Arts, and one of the activities I had talked Adam into on the trip was attending a show put on by a company called Alpha-1. He had no clue about MMA and really only went so he would not spend the night alone in the Hotel. While we had a company in the UK (British Cage Fighting) that I patronized whenever possible, Alpha-1 (Along with GAMMA) was one of the premier MMA organizations in the world and also the home of arguably the best fighter in the world, Hassan Fezzik. He was the Alpha-1 HW Champion and happened to be fighting on this night against Harry Milne, a brutish wrestler from Bolton, England who sported a record of 41-6 at the time. It was an entertaining night of fights and I noticed a not so subtle change in Adam as the night wore on. With each fight he went from a mildly bored and fairly unwilling “captive” guest, a raving partisan whose fervor fairly matched that of opposing fans at a Man United/Man City Football match. After watching Fezzik demolish Milne, Burton was hooked!

Adam: “What a bloody spectacle, I absolutely bonkers, how did ya bloody find this?”

Me: “Well, actually I have trained in the sport and followed it since British Cage fighting opened a few years ago. Actually, I hope to one day use me business degree to become involved in the sport …(Laughing) not as a fighter of course, but perhaps in the office somehow, I don’t know. I suppose I would need to inquire how one actually does that.”

Adam: “What a load of rot, c’mon mate, why not open a company, how much could it take?”

Me: “I reckon it could be up to 200,000 thousand quid Adam, can’t be cheap, you do have to pay the lads fighting you know.”

Adam: “What, do ya think I’m daft, you said you had some money waiting for you.”

Me: “Adam, I have 25 thousand left from me college bond since I got me degree early and I will like to use that to pay off some of me debt and maybe put down on a little flat around me parent home.”

Adam: “Oh go wank it!! I’ve got me trust, which gives us 125,000 which is surely enough Mate.”

Me: “Well it may be, but I don’t quite have….Well you know, a rich father like you if it doesn’t sort itself out.”

Adam: “Oh don’t be thick, me Dad says I can have this to do with as I please, but has given a steady list of what I should do with it…Invest in this, buy this lot of stocks, start an auxiliary office in Liverpool of the family firm. Hell, if I use it for this he likely won’t speak to me for fortnight and when he does it will be to tell me I’m he’s bloody well done with me shenanigans, investing in organized Hooliganism and the like! So what mate, you in?”

Me: “Well I don’t know, I can’t really afford to lose this…”

Adam: “Oh help me, I can’t take a risk, I wet me bed because I won’t go to the Lou in the dark! Listen, you can want this or you can have it mate. My 100,000 makes me the owner, your 25,000 makes you the president and business man. You’re expert in this if you have been doing it all your life. I’ll make news, you make us some money!”

I had no heart to tell Adam I was far from an expert and before I could say anything he was in a Taxi and on his wireless mobile phone waking his father up with the good news about his upcoming business venture……Whatever I has getting myself into I know this. With Adam, succeed or fail, it would be an adventure and if my life had been lacking in anything to this point…..It was adventure.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

After loads of meetings, which Adam constantly dozed off in, it was decided (by me with him mostly muttering mumbled, “right, sounds knockers mate” that we would begin with only the HW, LHW and MW divisions to start, with the main focus on the big guys. We would build the other two as the year progressed and hopefully add Welterweights in 2000. Adam was gung ho to sign Hassan Fezzik, until I advised him that Fezzik would pretty much take every penny we had and be our only fighter. We were taking the approach of acquiring the best young talent (A lot of whom I had seen at independent shows) and some veterans on the cheap that had a bit of name recognition.

I know it was imperative to hold costs down, so we would negotiate small signing bonuses (100 – 400 max) and contracts that would not exceed 1000 per fight in base pay, with the focus being on 600-800 dollar fighters and some 200-400 dollar fighters for them to beat on. Also things like Merchandise would be cut to %10 for the fighter if they would accept it as that would be a key source of income early for us. With that I set out to find the best young fighters around while Adam left to find the best young female companionship around….hopefully at a cost cheaper than our fighters!

One thing I did find during negotiations though is that Adam could be smooth or a wanker, depending on your perception. A couple of examples…

Barry Strachan: “You know, I can bring a lot to your company, I am going to need 1600 a match, a better win bonus and I need a higher merchandise share…”

Me: “Well Barry, we are giving no more than 5% on merchandise, that is going to be an important offset for us as we build a following, we can’t give that away.”

Adam: “Listen mate, you are what 27-15, that’s like what, 60%?”

Barry: “Yeah, but I fight anyone and I am known..”

Adam: (Cutting him off) “Yeah, yeah right…I just can’t put me arms around what is the benefit to us of a fighter that loses almost half his fights, I mean, you’re saying people come to see you get beat up?”

Barry: (Getting Mad) “Listen punk, I fight anyone, anywhere and people will pay to see it, I put on a show?”

Adam: “Right, well I did a great job of decorating me den, you think people might pay to see that….Oh speaking of which, did you notice what I did with the other side of our door over there?”

Barry: “What? No, why would I care?”

Adam: “Because it’s a right beauty, in fact on your way out mate, give it a look, cause it’s the last time you’ll see and I want you to remember it…Just don’t let it hit you in the ass mate!”

Barry: “What the hell, that’s it?”

Adam: “Right, see I lose me patience as much as you lose fights, I just don’t want 1600 dollars every time I do it, cherio!”

This went on time and again, over signing bonuses, base pay, contract lengths and Adam always had an answer or a sendoff. In the end we talked to almost 100 fighters and signed 64 to our initial roster, never paying more than 1000 per fight with one exception. I told Adam we needed Sylvester Collins and we made exception for him at 1400 on a standard contract. Without question the steal of the day was a promising 18 yr old MW named Danny Akabaro who we got for 10 matches on an exclusive deal for 200 per match, to more than makeup for overspending on Collins.

Along with those two, here is the rest of our initial roster.

UK Combat Roster - January 1999

Key: Name age (record) Contract type – base pay – matches
Heavyweight
Major Stars

Brian Barnes 32 (11-8) Associate – 600 – 5
Eugene Clough 42 (37-34-2) Associate – 600 – 4
Graham Goodbody 37 (19-9) Associate – 800 – 6
Kevin Portman 33 (9-5) Associate – 800 – 6
Mark Bicknell 30 (7-2) Associate – 800 – 4

Secondary Stars
None

Undercard
Brady Crawford 28 (6-5) Associate – 800 – 7
Claude Lerond 38 (4-1) Associate – 600 – 4
Damien Jones 29 (2-0) Associate – 800 – 6
Gareth Grundy 27 (6-3) Associate – 800 – 5
Guy Broom 25 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 8
Jutaro Honma 24 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 8
Keaton Spratt 26 (4-7) Associate – 600 – 8
Murilo Satinho 20 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 8
Nash Harbane 32 (6-15) Associate – 800 – 7
Nate MacReary 23 (1-0) Exclusive – 800 – 8
Renato 24 (3-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
Stan Still 25 (2-5) Associate – 600 – 6
Sylvester Collins 24 (3-0) Standard – 1400 – 8
Taye Burnett 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 8
Terry Bull 22 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 7
Toshiya Furube 24 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 9
Wilson Franklyn 25 (2-0) Standard – 800 – 6

Light Heavyweight
Major Stars

Conor Houghton 26 (2-4) Associate – 600 – 8
Michael Bannon 28 (8-3) Associate – 800 – 6
Neville Granville 29 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 6

Secondary Stars
None

Undercard
Adrian Pascal 23 (2-0) Associate – 800 – 5
Affonso Villar 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 8
Allen LeFleur 18 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 6
Blaze Weeks 23 (1-0) Associate – 600 – 6
Brett Krakowski 21 (0-1) Standard – 600 – 8
Eric Dartmouth 22 (1-0) Associate – 600 – 4
Folee Caffatere 29 (2-1) Associate – 600 – 7
Hardy Tristan 24 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 8
Jasper Osmond 35 (10-13) Associate – 800 – 4
Jon Silvers 26 (6-0) Standard – 1000 – 6
Joseph King 28 (4-10) Associate – 600 – 6
Joshua Hope 23 (1-0) Exclusive – 800 – 8
Justin Brannagh 29 (3-0) Standard – 800 – 6
Logan Sky 21 (0-0) Standard – 600 – 8
Priti Manek 24 (1-1) Associate – 600 - 6
Ryuji Ganaha 23 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 9
Spencer Rubenstein 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 600
Titus Mostel 26 (2-3) Associate – 600 – 5

Middleweight
Major Stars

Mikey Wallace 25 (5-0) Standard – 1000 – 6
Wayne McKellen 25 (3-1) Standard – 800 - 6

Secondary Stars
Pierce Jeeler 28 (0-6) Associate – 600 – 8

Undercard
Atsutane Akera 20 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 10
Barrett Fforde 28 (2-4) Associate – 800 – 5
Bill Brown 21 (1-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 4
Billy Russell 24 (1-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 10
Bussho Maruyama 21 (1-0) Exclusive – 800 – 6
Chesney Brightman 23 (0-1) Associate – 600 – 7
Danny Akabaro 18 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 10
Esteban Vega 19 (2-0) Associate – 800 – 5
Evan Pizzarro 18 (1-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 10
Francis O’Leary 45 (26-18) Associate – 600 – 4
French Dancer 24 (2-4) Associate – 800 – 7
Heath Kaladaris 19 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 9
Holden Strant 26 (2-4) Associate – 800 – 6
Hunter Scribbins 22 (2-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
Marlon John 22 (1-0) Standard – 800 – 6
Nick Detroit 26 (4-0) Standard – 800 – 5
Owen Hyde 22 (2-0) Associate – 600 – 7
Ronnie Allen Teller 21 (2-0) Associate – 5
Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Our first card will see a HW Champion crowned right away and while neither of these two are the type you want to hitch your company wagon to, they will work out fine as Gate Keeper Champions. Advertising is hellish expensive, so we run 3 radio ads on a small station, but rely on flyers and Blurcat for the most part. Jerome T McCallum (owner) and Charlie Knight (president) of BCF have already unleashed a series of disparaging remarks about our promotion, with McCallum calling us "a bastion of nobodies and never weres." The gloves are officially off with them!

Also, on a fantastic note, based on my frugal distribution of signing bonuses and merchandise percentages in our fighters contracts, we were able to ride January sales of merchandise to a first month profit of $3,798. A smashing start for the new kids on the block!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 1Blood and Glory

Preliminaries

MW – Evan Pizzarro (2-0) defeats Holden Strant (2-5) by submission in 4:37 of rd 1
Rating: Great

MW – Billy Russell (2-0) defeats French Dancer (2-5) by submission in 1:07 of rd 2
Rating: Good

Main Card

MW – Danny Akabaro (1-0) defeats Chesney Brightman (0-2) by UD in 3 rds
A clinic in striking from the debuting 18 yr old, who rocked Brightman in each of the first two rounds and dropped in the third, as Brightman used his substantial ground skills to survive the onslaught as Akabaro wins decisively.

HW – Murilo Satinho (1-0) defeats Damien Jones (2-1) by UD in 3 rds
Satinho surprised those who suspected the debuting Brazilian would be sure to try and ground the Brawler Jones as he chose to stand and strike, actually getting the better if Jones in the process. Not an overly exciting bout, but an effective one for “Grande Urso”
Rating: Decent

LHW – Michael Bannon (9-3) defeats Jasper Osmond (10-14) by UD in 3 rds
Our third straight decision, in what was just a bad matchup. Bannon tried to force the issue standing and on the ground, but Osmond was content to simply defend and look to counter a mistake which never came. A weak co-main event and the crowd is not at all happy with it.
Rating: Poor

Main Event –UKC Heavyweight Championship
HW –Graham Goodbody (20-9) defeats Mark Bicknell (7-3) by UD in 5 rds
I was hoping for an exciting finale, but my worst fears came to fruition as Goodbody basically used his bigger frame to lean on Bicknell, stuff his takedown attempts and wear him out, when it appeared it would be Goodbody who was most likely to be affected by conditioning. You have to give the new Champion credit however as his game plan was flawless and it allowed him to administer the majority of the damage,
Rating: Average

Attendance: 211 – Gate $3,165 – Show Rating: Great

Thoughts: Not really what I hoped for in our first card, but in using fighters up top that fans in the area would know it was the result we should have expected, given what we could afford to pay for “name” fighters. Still not a good start when you two preliminary fights are the best on the card. Hopefully there will be enough of a buzz about Pizzarro and Russell that I can move them up fast. I don’t know how I like Goodbody as Champion and I now have to decide how fast I want to rush one of the young guys into a title shot.

I have to say the crowd was still kind overall as I did not think the show deserved such high marks. We will likely lose money this month as expected, but if we do as well with the merchandise as we did in January it may not be too bad.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

While the main event of our second show is not extremely sexy (especially for a title fight) the undercard is chocked full of promising young talent, that I one day hope will lead the company to national prominence in the UK and hopefully the world at some point. Wallace is a big favorite to take the MW Title and he has a chance to hold it through the end of the year while our prospects gain experience.

The really good news is we had another profitable month (2,086 dollars) in February, thanks to strong merchandise sales and low merchandise payouts to the fighters

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-27-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 2Ides of March

Preliminaries

LHW – Neville Granville (1-0) defeats Hardy Tristan (0-1) by UD in 3 rds

MW – Atsutane Akera (1-0) defeats Pierce Jeeler (0-4) by submission in 2:17 of rd 1
Rating: Fantastic

Main Card

HW – Renato (4-0) defeats Terry Bull (0-1) by TKO in 1:17 of rd 1
Renato wastes no time against the debuting Bull, overwhelming him to score a quick takedown. Bull was able to secure half guard, but Renato soon gained full mount with ease and destroyed Bull with massive strikes.

LHW – Affonso Villar (1-0) defeats Conor Houghton (2-5) by KO in 0:59 of rd 1
Houghton was said to be beset with personnel issues prior to the fight and that did not bode well for him with the highly touted “Cyborg” staring him down across the cage. Villar immediately went to the Muay Thai clinch and after some probing body shots, starched Houghton with a brutal Knee to the head.

HW – Sylvester Collins (4-0) defeats Gareth Grundy (6-4) by UD in 3 rds
It looked to be a quick night for Grundy as Collins dropped him with a flurry of punches inside of 30 seconds, but Grundy showed great defense from his back and survived the round. Collins looked badly winded and the 2nd and 3rd rounds were both devoid of much action as Grundy showed his toughness, but little else. 30-26 on all three cards for Collins

Main Event –UKC Middleweight Championship
MW –Mikey Wallace (6-0) defeats Wayne McKellen (3-2) by KO in 0:21 of rd 1
Many in the crowd were still getting settled into their seats after intermission when Wallace, deftly avoiding a side kick from McKellen, stepped in with a devastating roundhouse kick to the head that crumpled McKellen in a heap, out before he hit the ground, giving the “Cockney Rebel” the UKC MW belt in dramatic fashion!

Attendance: 221 – Gate $3,315 – Show Rating: Good

Thoughts: The fireworks I expected in the Collins/Grundy matchup unfolded in the main event and left the crowd both shocked and hungry for more. McKellen was down for sometime, but eventually left under his own power after just getting blasted by our new Middleweight Champion. The card would have rated higher, but again the main event was not that prestigious, which bumped us down a bit. It is all part of the growing process and I am not worried at all about losing some money this month, especially with the economy in the UK about to enter a boom period according to the experts.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-29-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
javier_83
n00b

im here my fried!! it was a good event!!

did you create UKC?? because i only play with real mods
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

UK Combat - Quarterly Update

UKC Rankings April 1st, 1999 © = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight 1- Vic Timms 17-3 Curt Kitson 20-3 Tucker Plumm 13-7 2- Claude Lerond 19-12 Michael Bannon 9-3 Mikey Wallace 6-0 © 3- Graham Goodbody 20-9 © Jasper Osmond 10-14 Francis O’Leary 26-18 4- Kevin Portman 9-5 Jon Silvers 6-0 Evan Pizzarro 2-0 5- Sylvester Collins 4-0 Justin Brannagh 3-0 Billy Russell 2-0 6- Brady Crawford 6-5 Affonso Villar 1-0 Nick Detroit 4-0 7- Nash Harbane 9-15 Joseph King 4-10 Owen Hyde 2-0 8- Eugene Clough 37-34-2 Folee Caffatere 2-1 Esteban Vega 2-0 9- Renato 4-0 Titus Mostel 2-3 Atsutane Akera 1-0 10- Brian Barnes 11-8 Adrian Pascal 2-0 Wayne McKellen 3-2

Finances
1st Quarter Results 1999: January (3,798) February (2,086) March (2,719) (Overall balance: 134,186)
Unbelievable, we have been marginally profitable in all three months of operation!! Amazing what a little tightening of the purse strings will do for you! Adam Burton is ecstatic and wants to raid the bigger companies, but I talk him down, mostly by convincing him that more money spent on fighters, means less money left for strippers. He suddenly has an abrupt change of heart and heads off to the pub to celebrate.

Signings
1st Quarter

HW – Vic Timms 33 (17-3) Associate – 1400 – 4 matches
MW – Tucker Plumm 31 (13-7) Associate – 1200 – 4 matches
LHW – Curt Kitson 29 (20-3) Associate – 1200 - 4

All three signings are solid fighters that I now share with BCF, who has them on standard contracts. None of the three figure into my long term plans, but they are all known in the UK and can draw some more attention to our shows, which will get our younger guys noticed…Especially if somebody manages to beat one or two of them along the way.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
None

Injuries
HW Keaton Spratt injures his foot in training and will be out 5 months. Not too serious in terms of our business as he is a stepping stone kind of guy.

Blurcat Quarterly – MMA News

January through March notable fights

Alpha-1 – Tadamasa Yamada beat Jin Katou by submission in 9:45 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 LHW Title

XCC – Philip Ziskie beat Sammy Gaffigan by TKO in 3:17 of rd 1 to retain the XCC FW Title (Only 264 fans witness one of the most exciting little men in the sport defend his belt.)

SIGMA – Lefter Oktay beat Terron Cabal by submission in 6:10 of rd 1 to win the SIGMA HW Title (Hassan Fezziks protégé captures his first professional Championship)

KDM FC – Sukarno beat Teeratep Nutnum by KO in 0:21 of rd 2 to retain the KDM FC LW Title (A match down the road between him and Ziskie would be a happening!)

GAMMA 43 – Sean Morrison beat Bruce Steven by TKO in 3:27 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA LW Title (Another solid LW, Morrison/Sukarno would be another fight to see if they ever end up with the same organization)

Not a real heavy month in terms of top quality matchups, but the winter generally is a little slower in terms of total cards.

Breaking Ground
No new Promotions this Quarter

Board the Windows
None.

Major Promotion Rankings (Last quarters ranking in parenthesis)
1 (-) – GAMMA
2 (-) – Alpha-1
3 (-) – SIGMA
4 (-) – WEFF (Women’s)
5 (-) – BCF
6 (-) – Kadena De Mano FC
7 (-) – XCC
8 (-) – UK Combat
9 (-) – MSX

The top 2 are well above the rest and the surprise here is the Women’s organization being 4th behind Sigma. KDM FC has a bankroll right now so look for a move from them. With the UK economy on the rise we and BCF should both start to gain. There is also some heat developing between us since I signed 3 of their fighters and Jerome McCallum apparently has some heat with me.

Top 10 Pound for Pound in the World (Last quarters ranking in parenthesis)
1 (-): HW – Hassan Fezzik 25-0 (Alpha-1)
2 (-): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 22-1 (Alpha-1)
3 (-): WW – Julio Regueiro 15-0-1 (GAMMA)
4 (-): HW – James Foster 32-4-1 (GAMMA)
5 (-): MW – Neil Napier 15-0 (GAMMA)
6 (-): HW – Armen Sarkisian 14-0 (SIGMA)
7 (-): LW – Sean Morrison 27-3 (GAMMA)
8 (-): HW – Kunimichi Kikuchi 32-4 (Alpha-1)
9 (-): LHW – Zvonimir Asanovic 15-1 (GAMMA)
10 (-): HW – Raul Hughes 14-1 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: N/A

Heavyweights rule the roost, taking 5 of the top 10 P4P spots, things will undoubtedly change when Kikuchi and Hughes get Title shots, but for now the big boys reign supreme.

Retirements
Kenta Arimura – 34 yrs old (10-15) Independent – A former wrestler who was never really special, retires to no fanfare.
Tobias Goulet – 34 yrs old (13-20) Independent – Retires are we fail to meet his demands of $1200 for an exclusive, not anywhere near worth it for a jobber.
Dokuohtei Kuroki – 42 yrs old (34-13) Alpha-1 – Looked horrible in losing a decision in his last match and finally listens to his body, shutting it down.

Legal Blotter
None.

Media
Alpha-1 debuts on Japanese Sports vision with a show called Alpha-1 Combat
GAMMA debut GAMMA War Zone on The Pop Network
GAMMA also sign a PPV deal with American Option being the first MMA company to venture into the Pay per view arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
im here my fried!! it was a good event!!

did you create UKC?? because i only play with real mods

Good to see you Javi, yes the UKC is a created promotion, I like to start fresh with low popularity and not a lot of cash for the challenge.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
javier_83
n00b

yeah i like that too!!
i still dream to have a game like that but of boxing

Last edited by javier_83 : 05-29-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Lee what organization did you start with this time? I am a little sketchy about how to add a bunch of fighters to a lower organization.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Just noticed Javiers question. How do you create an organization?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Just noticed Javiers question. How do you create an organization?

Before starting a new game, go into the access editorial suite, click edit database, then click on companies, then add.

You will then be able to create a new company and select game region, starting finances, when it opens, etc. After you finish and save it, start a new game and you it will be available as one of the selections for the company you want to take over.

If you start with weak or lower for finances, make sure you give the company low popularity as well. This lets you build the popularity with lesser fighters and saves a lot of money starting off.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, we officially get screwed by a fighter for the first time when LHW Michael Bannon, set to fight Jon Silvers for the vacant UKC Light Heavyweight Title on this card, leaves the promotion the day of the weigh-ins to join GAMMA! With no time to book another fight, I am forced to move MacReary and Jones, who have a whopping 4 career fights between them to the co-main. As expected the fans take a piss on it and we are stuck with a short card and a lot of pressure for our main event to really bring down the house. I think Collins is up to it, but I don't know if Goodbody will cooperate.

Spurred by our profits the first quarter and a very strong April (13,000 + profit on just merchandise sales) I venture out to pick up some solid main event fighters and will be breaking my $1000 per fight rule (not by much) to hopefully land 2-3 more good drawing cards. Of course the first place I look is BCF, which will further incense Jerome McCallum.......Like I care if I upset the jerk!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 3Critical Mass

Preliminaries

MW – Bussho Maruyama (2-0) defeats Barrett Fforde (2-5) by submission in 1:55 or rd 1

HW – Brady Crawford (7-5) defeats Stan Still (2-6) by submission in 4:12 of rd 2

Main Card

MW – Bill Brown (2-0) defeats Ronnie Allen Teller (2-1) by submission in 1:57 of rd 1
Brown is extremely aggressive, closing the distance with strikes, then grounding Teller, who kicks him off, but remains on his back. Brown avoids an up kick, gains side control and quickly gets an Arm triangle forcing the tap.

HW – Damien Jones (3-1) defeats Nate MacReary (1-1) by UD in 3 rds
Jones was superb; countering MacReary’s takedown attempts with precise punching that rocked him several times, before finally dropping him late in the 2nd stanza, where MacReary kept Jones in guard to survive the round. Out boxing MacReary again in the 3rd, Jones made a mistake trying to shoot on Big Mac who promptly reversed Jones and gained side control, rocking Jones several times, but Damien hung on until the Bell, winning in a mild upset.

HW –Sylvester Collins (5-0) defeats Graham Goodbody (20-10) by submission in 4:06 of rd 1
Collins unfurled a new weapon in his arsenal tonight, taking Goodbody down with ease, then eschewing his normal ground and pound style, attempting a series of submissions instead. Goodbody was able to fight off an Americana, but gave up his back and barely escaped a rear naked choke by Collins. Attempting to roll back into guard Goodbody was then caught in an Arm bar and this time Collins used his superior strength to lock it in type, forcing the submission and taking the UKC HW Title in just his 5th professional fight!

Attendance: 259 – Gate $3,885 – Show Rating: Great

Thoughts: Despite Bannon bolting and leaving us without a true co-main event the card went over well with the fans and everyone who did fight busted their asses. Collins is now poised to become our top draw as the crowd popped big time when Goodbody tapped. There is no shortage of good young challengers out there and the HW division should be very exciting for some time. Bill Brown is another that will do big things and I wish he would have agreed to a longer deal. I have a feeling there will be some stiff competition for him when his deal winds down.

Attendance was up again despite the short card and as a thank you to the fans I announce that I will add a bonus fight to our next show “Rolling Thunder” in June.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay Lee sorry to break up your dynasty but what is good number for fights in a fightcard?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay Lee sorry to break up your dynasty but what is good number for fights in a fightcard?

LOL, no problem buddy, With a smaller promotion using unknown or low level fighters go with 3 or 4 on the main card and 2 prelims.

A ket thing when signing new fighters is always go as low as possible on signing bonus. I start with $100 on every fighter and never pay more than $400 when I am starting with a low level promotion. When you grow and go after more popular fighters you will usually have to up it, but a lot of guys don't care about signing bonus.

Another tip, and this is key to making money as a new promotion. The default merchandise percentage is set at 25%. Lower this to 5% and if the fighter wants more don't sign him, plus any fighter you sign for $600 a fight or less don't give them any merchandise share. The reason for this is your merchandise sales will keep you afloat when you are just starting and if you leave it at the 25% default you will barely break even, or lose a little money on sales.

Finally, during your first year of operation hold shows 2 months in a row and then take 1 month off. This allows you to generate a 5 - 10 K profit on merchandise sales during the month you don't have a show and this will usually mean the difference between success and failure as a small promotion that first year.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #17
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

OKay a follow up question. What is a good number of fighters for a new company and what weight classes work best?
Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Great Blurcat Fiasco (Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet)

................................Adam Burton....................................Jerome T McCallum

Tonight was a night I dreaded and anticipated with great joy. My partner, well technically my boss, Adam was to be appearing as guest on the Blurcat.com internet radio show “Crackdown” in a few minutes. Not a newsworthy event in itself, were he not to be joined by BCF owner Jerome T McCallum, a through and through jerk by all indications who had not been exactly flattering in his comments toward our company. I sat down at my computer and clicked on the live feed, popped a Guinness and sat back as Crackdown theme song filled the air.

Alex Emerson: “Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Alex Emerson, back with another edition of Crackdown, joined as always by Gavin Banks and tonight I would say we are in for a real interesting show.”

Gavin: “No doubt about it Alex as we’ll be joined by British Cage Fighting owner Jerome T McCallum and the young owner of upstart English promotion UK Combat, Adam Burton.”

Alex: “Gavin, as anyone even remotely familiar with the MMA scene in England knows BCF has been the only show in town since they opened in 1995 and there has been some perceived tension between the two companies since UKC opened in January of this year. Rather than get too much into that situation, let’s just welcome the two owners to the show. Good evening Gentlemen.”

Adam and Jerome respond in unison with a terse good evening and it doesn’t take long for Jerome to jump right in.

Jerome: “Let me just correct there Alex, I wouldn’t say there is tension between the companies, I prefer to think of it as a lack of understanding on the parts of my young rivals over in UKC.”

Adam: “Actually mate, I think we are perfectly capable of understanding when somebody is being a sod and you just have to read some of the things you have said about us to under stand perfectly where you stand.”

Jerome: “This illustrates my point precisely. You take some legitimate concerns that I have for the health of our profession and twist them into a negative connotation.”

Adam: “Oh bloody hell Jerry, you tell me how I can twist ‘These two fellows still have snotty noses and need to learn to wipe them before they worry about trying to take over the world with their backyard MMA company’ into anything other than what it is. A slap across the chins of two businessmen looking to fill a void you apparently can’t by yourself.”

Alex: “OK, gentlemen, I want to give you both equal time, but would also like to talk professionally about this, there is room for disagreement, but I would like to save room for some of the positives to having two companies now in England.”

Jerome: “I agree Alex and the biggest positive I see is people will better appreciate what a fine company BCF is and I think this quote/unquote competition will only make us stronger for as long as it lasts.”

Adam: “What a load of bollocks Jerry, I’ve got a spot on idea for you Alex, you might also want to save some room for his bloody ego, since it doesn’t seem like his overinflated opinion of himself can keep it contained.”

Alex: (Stifling a chuckle) “Ok, guys, let’s get back on track here. It seems like there is plenty of opportunity for both you in operate in the UK, is there not.”

Jerome: “Of course there is and I think the hierarchy is already in place. Instead of conforming to that hierarchy though, UKC is trying to take our fighters and stand in equal footing with BCF which just doesn’t happen overnight and despite the deep pockets of Mr. Burtons Daddy, it is not the most advisable way to operate.”

Adam: “My god, can your mind be anymore buggered up Jerry? UKC has made a profit from day 1, that’s five months in a row now after another successful show in May and not a dime has come from anywhere but my trust fund and Ace Lee’s, which were both in place long before we formulated this company. The problem with you mate is you blame everyone but yourself for the fact that your coming up on five years in business and still just a knockoff pub promotion who drew 715 fans to your last show and it’s taken almost 5 years to bloody well do that! We drew 259 to our third show ever mate and will pass you before the end of 2000 because you’re a pompous Wanker and your own fighters hate you, so they are happy to come to a promotion with a future! And by the way, how many months have you made a profit this year Mrs. Moneypenny?

Jerome: “Two things you little silver spooned punk, don’t call me Jerry anymore, because that is what my friends call me and you are not. Second, it’s quite brave for you to spew insults at me over a phone connection and if you really want to back up your talk, we could have a out little discussion in the cage, where I promise you I would make you look as weak as that cut rate product you have the nerve to call MMA!”

Alex: “Please Gentlemen…..”

Adam: “Please is right, please stop acting like a bloody knock of Rip Chord, if you want to spout off like a bloody buffoon in spandex, maybe you can join TCW, CGC or the like as a wrestling manager when we run you and shoddy piss pot of a company of business!”

I suddenly found myself unable to cringe anymore and closed my web browser. I knew a little about McCallum and quite a bit about Adam and I knew that is bad as this was getting, there was still a large drop to the bottom of the proverbial hill and I had no doubt they would continue down as Alex and Gavin would try in vain to keep control of their show……. I thought a little about how to address this with Adam as now both companies would look like little feuding children, but decided the best approach was to pretend my internet went down, stay away from Newspapers and industry Newsletters for a couple of weeks and focus on putting on a kick ass show in June.

Quote:
OKay a follow up question. What is a good number of fighters for a new company and what weight classes work best?

Sent you a PM with some more info Roy, I started typing it here and it was turning into a novel

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-31-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Shaking off the hangover of the Blur"cat" fight between Adam and Jerome McCallum, I get the poster out for the June event, complete with a bonus match as promised, in fact a bonus match that could very well steal the show. The Middleweight Belt will be tightly contested and I don't forsee another 21 second KO by Wallace in this one.

Mays numbers are in the books and we again make a profit! $3,562 this time and I celebrate by extending offers to three solid Heavyweigts to bolster an already strong division.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 4 – Rolling Thunder

Preliminaries

LHW – Allen LeFleur (1-0) defeats Titus Mostel (2-4) by TKO in 4:01 of rd 1

HW – Guy Broom (1-0) defeats Taye Burnett (0-1) by UD in 3 rds

HW – Wilson Franklyn (3-0) defeats Jutaro Honmna (0-1) by UD in 3 rds

Main Card

HW – Kevin Portman (10-5) defeats Nash Harbane (9-16) by TKO in 0:49 of rd 3
Portman shows his superior ground skills taking Harbane down with ease and striking with some success in the first, though Harbane is not hurt and also manages to fend off 2 submission attempts. After a slow 2nd round Portman slips a jab and floors Harbane with some wicked shots, jumping to side control to finish the job with hammer fists.

LHW – Logan Sky (1-0) defeats Priti Manek (1-2) by TKO in 2:18 of rd 1
Sky is a cool customer in his debut, stalking Manek who tries to stand and trade with the newcomer. Seizing a sudden opening Sky explodes and blasts Manek back into the cage where he proceeds to pound him out.

MW – Evan Pizzarro (3-0) defeats Nick Detroit (4-1) by UD in 3 rds
A well rounded MMA fighter Pizzarro looked to get Detroit on the ground, where he figured to have an advantage over the Kick Boxer, but Detroit more than held his own and takedowns were even at 2 apiece. In the end it was Pizzarro’s superior work rate that gave him the razor thin decision, 29-28 on all 3 three cards..

MW –Mikey Wallace (7-0) defeats Tucker Plumm (13-8) by KO in 3:12 of rd 3
Wallace is developing a flair for the sudden, explosive ending as he found himself in a full on scrap with Tucker Plumm, who kept the Champion in a clinch and punished him with dirty Boxing in the 1st round. Wallace unleashed one of his lethal head kicks in the 2nd, dropping Plumm, who somehow managed to survive a vicious onslaught to last the round. In the 3rd it was dead even, when Wallace staggered Plumm with another head kick. Looking to pull Wallace in tight to recover, Plumm got caught with a crushing right hand walking in and was knocked cold, as Wallace retained his UKC Title in defense number 1.

Attendance: 295 – Gate $4,425 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: We are progressing every card as we fell just short of 300 in our 4th effort; it will be interesting to see how Wallace’s drawing power grows after the impressive KO of Plumm, as he is now regarded as one of our star fighters. In addition, since Plumm is also still under contract to BCF, Wallace’s win is all the sweeter after the Blurcat radio war of words between Adam and Jerome McCallum. Pizzarro is another that is riding a growing wave of popularity and a Wallace / Pizzarro matchup will do good business down the road.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice stuff here, am following along. Looks like you've got a good system going now after the first few efforts didn't make it through.

Keep up the good work!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP Rankings July 1st, 1999 © = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight 1- Ari Peltonen 23-7 Curt Kitson 20-3 Alex Cole 10-0 2- Vic Timms 17-3 Jasper Osmond 10-14 Mikey Wallace 7-0 © 3- Sylvester Collins 5-0 © Jon Silvers 6-0 Tucker Plumm 13-8 4- Kevin Portman 10-5 Justin Brannagh 3-0 Evan Pizzarro 3-0 5- Kurt McDonald 7-0 Allen LeFleur 1-0 Francis O’Leary 26-18 6- Graham Goodbody 20-10 Affonso Villar 1-0 Billy Russell 2-0 7- Brady Crawford 7-5 Joseph King 4-10 Bill Brown 2-0 8- Reinhardt Rhett 5-1 Logan Sky 1-0 Bussho Maruyama 2-0 9- Renato 4-0 Folee Caffatere 2-1 Nick Detroit 4-1 10- Wilson Franklyn 3-0 Adrian Pascal 2-0 Owen Hyde 2-0

Finances
1st Quarter Results 1999: April (13,181) May (3,562) June (4,125) (Overall balance: 155,662)
Six months in business and we have turned our original 125,000 dollar investment into over 155K. I have to say this is surprising to me and especially to Adam’s father, who figured Adam would have drank and whored away his entire trust in 6 months time. He has actually shown extreme discipline, as well as an uncanny knack in getting his female friends to pay for everything. Hey whatever keeps us in the black!

Signings
2nd Quarter

HW – Reinhardt Rhett 25 (5-1) Exclusive – 1400 – 7 matches
MW – Alex Cole 27 (10-0) Associate – 1600 – 5 matches
HW – Ari Peltonen 33 (23-7) Associate – 2000 – 4
HW – Kurt McDonald 25 (7-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 8
HW – Libor Pudill 21 (2-0) Standard – 800 – 8
HW – Juozas Skerla 23 (4-0) Associate – 800 - 4

I load up on some solid Heavies, as Peltonen is close to world class and with the others all promising young fighters the big boys are going to carry us for a while. Alex Cole was a great pick up too and I am going to go after an exclusive deal with him after his 4 fight Associate contract comes to an end. He could be a great one and I should have the money to throw at him by then. The LHW division is probably my weakest now and I will look to add 2-3 quality guys there this next quarter. After that I will probably not sigh anyone until next year when we start up the Welterweight division.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
HW – Claude Lerond 38 (19-12) signs with GAMMA (He will be a jobber there, which is all I really wanted him for anyway)

LHW – Michael Bannon 29 (9-3) signs with GAMMA (As previously mentioned I was not happy with the way he did business. I will be sure and return the favor if I get a chance)

Injuries
HW – Keaton Spratt is still out for another 2 months with his foot injury and when he returns I may move him to LHW.

April through June notable fights

GAMMA 44 – James Foster beat Christopher Sharp by submission in 3:58 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA HW Title

Alpha-1 – Hassan Fezzik beat Kunumichi Kikuchi by TKO in 3:02 of rd 3 to retain the Alpha-1 HW Title
(The Fezzik and Foster fights were the same weekend, the equivalent of heaven for MMA fans. GAMMA does 90,887 PPV buys, while Alpha-1 clocks in 48,029 buys.)

BCF – Rav Kapur beat Stafford Alois by KO in 1:07 of rd 1 to win the BCF HW Title (Our chief rival crowns a new HW Champion and Kapur is a beast)

KDM FC – Li-Kong Ho beat Kei Maki by submission in 4:45 of rd 1 to retain the KDM FC FW Title

SIGMA – Gordon Idle beat Noach Van Der Capellen by TKO in 5:41 of rd 1 to win the SIGMA WW Title

GAMMA War Zone – Neil Napier beat Adam White by submission in 4:45 of rd 5 to retain the GAMMA MW Title (A real slick move by GAMMA putting a top quality Title match on free TV)

XCC – Nicholas Bretton beat Gonzalo Ramos by submission in 4:04 of rd 3 to retain the XCC LW Title

Some quality match-ups this month, especially in the HW division. GAMMA made a great move with their TV card and pulled ahead a little more in the battle for top dog. Li-Kong Ho is arguably the best fighter not in a top promotion and it will be interesting to see if KDM FC can keep him.

Breaking Ground

Board the Windows
Everyone still up and running

1 (1) – GAMMA
2 (2) – Alpha-1
3 (3) – SIGMA
4 (4) – WEFF (Women’s)
5 (5) – BCF
6 (6) – Kadena De Mano FC
7 (7) – XCC
8 (8) – UK Combat
9 (9) – MSX

No changes at all as the current economy and worldwide interest in the growing MMA phenomenon means stability for all.

1 (1): HW – Hassan Fezzik 26-0 (Alpha-1)
2 (2): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 22-1 (Alpha-1)
3 (3): WW – Julio Regueiro 15-0-1 (GAMMA)
4 (5): MW – Neil Napier 16-0 (GAMMA)
5 (4): HW – James Foster 33-4-1 (GAMMA)
6 (6): HW – Armen Sarkisian 15-0 (SIGMA)
7 (7): LW – Sean Morrison 27-3 (GAMMA)
8 (10): HW – Raul Hughes 14-1 (GAMMA)
9 (9): LHW – Zvonimir Asanovic 15-1 (GAMMA)
10 (UR): LHW – Mike Watson 10-0 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Kunimichi Kikuchi

Not much in the way of change, with Kikuchi dropping out after his loss to Fezzik and Napier and Foster swapping spots, despite solid wins for both Men. GAMMA holds 7 of 10 spots, but Alpha-1 still rules the Penthouse.

Retirements
Koji Hashiranti – 40 yrs old (12-16) Independent – A marginal fighter, never able to take that next step.

Yoshinobu Tanaka – 40 yrs old (26-16) Independent – A long time fixture in Japan, rapid decline saw him end his career as an unemployed fighter.

Manol Sirakov – 46 yrs old (64-33) Independent – The George Blanda of MMA and veteran of 97 fights, a record that will likely never be broken.

Travis Jones – 41 yrs old (28-30) BCF – A solid scrapper, who always gave his best, released by BCF after his final fight, a loss to Richard Smith.

Eugene Clough – 43 yrs old (37-34-2) UKC – Another old school brawler, he ended his career with us, though I was never able to use him.

Noah Musch – 41 yrs old (28-17) Independent – In remarkable shape, he retired to become a personal trainer when he drew no interest from a bigger company.

Legal Blotter
None.

Media
No new Media deals this quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Nice stuff here, am following along. Looks like you've got a good system going now after the first few efforts didn't make it through.

Keep up the good work!

Tell

Thanks Tell, glad to have you following. The one lesson I think I learned is you have to think like a promotor and try and screw the Fighters out of every Dollar possible. Since I started doing that we ae making money Not a bunch, but as long as the account balance keeps growing it's all good.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

Our July show should be our best yet as we have plenty of veteran firepower with Kitson, Peltonen and Timms all on the card and if pre-fight buzz is any indication we should shatter both attendance and gate records at this one. We will finally crown a LHW Champion and my only hope is that Kitson fullfills his four fight pomise to us. Of course an even tastier scenario would be the unheralded Silvers knocking him off, since I have him under a standard deal and it would be harder for him to bolt with the belt. What do the experts say about this scenario? I don't know, they are laughing too hard at the thought as Kitson is a 10-1 favorite.

The winner of the Peltonen / Timms bout will fight HW Title holder Sylvester Collins and either will put the young Champion through the paces in what will easily be his toughest fight to date.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 5 – Symphony of Destruction

Preliminaries

LHW – Joshua Hope (2-0) defeats Titus Mostel (0-2) by TKO in 2:49 of rd 1

HW – Brian Barnes (12-8) defeats Toshiya Furube (0-1) by UD in 3 rds

Main Card

MW – Danny Akabaro (2-0) defeats Owen Hyde (2-1) by UD in 3 rds
Akabaro starts strong stuffing a Hyde takedown attempt with a front face lock. From here he pummels Hyde with a series of solid blows to take the round in dominating fashion. The 2nd and 3rd rounds were close, with both fighters being cautious and Akabaro having a slight edge by being the busier of the two.

HW – Murilo Satinho (2-0) defeats Gareth Grundy (6-5) by submission in 4:53 of rd 2
Satinho sets the pace attempting to work Muay Thai which Grundy defends well. From here Satinho goes to the ground game and takes over pummeling Grundy and opening a cut under his eye. In the second it was more of the same as Satinho worked to side control and rocked Grundy with several big elbows, causing him to expose his arm and Satinho took advantage, cranking him up in an Americana.

HW – Vic Timms (18-3) defeats Ari Peltonen (23-8) by UD in 3 rds
This one started slow, with both men looking to grapple early and neither being able to take control. Timms resorted to Muay Thai in the 2nd round and blasted Peltonen with several big knees, though the big Fin was unhurt. With the fight slipping away, Peltonen finally secured a takedown in the third, though he was unable to penetrate Timms defense. With Timms tiring, Peltonen finally gained side control, and then worked his way to full mount, but the fight ended before he could inflict any damage. All three cards read 29-28 Timms.

Main Event –UKC Light Heavyweight Championship
LHW – Jon Silvers (7-0) defeats Curt Kitson (20-4) by SD in 5 rds
Silvers shocked the masses with a surprisingly effective sprawl that prevented Kitson from turning this into a ground battle as the bad element scored just a single takedown (near the end of round 1) the entire fight. Kitson tired rapidly trying to get Silvers off his feet and in the 3rd round the tide began to turn as the boxing master punished Kitson repeatedly over the final 3 rounds, dazing him on two separate occasions. With the crowd chanting his name, Silvers finished the fight with a flurry grabbing the split decision. The judge’s scores were 49-46 and 48-47 for Silvers, and 48-47 for Kitson. Jon “Quick” Silvers becomes the first UKC LHW Champ!

Attendance: 304 – Gate $4,560 – Show Rating: Fantastic

Thoughts: Jon Silvers surprising win over Kitson immediately ranks as the biggest upset in the very short history of UKC as he dazzled the favored veteran with his boxing skills. Silvers was gracious after the fight, while Kitson stormed from the cage, as upset at himself as he was with the decision. I have to admit I am happy with this result as I indicated prior to the show that a win by Silvers would be better for our promotion. Silvers is not elevated in the eyes of the fans as much as I expected, but he is now known throughout the UK and will not be surprising anyone in the future.

Timms and Collins are now our two most popular Heavyweights and I will be booking them to meet before the end of the year. In meantime I close the show with a little treat for the fans, announcing Mikey Wallace vs Alex Cole for UKC 7 (The Battle of Brighton) in October, with Wallace’s UKC MW Belt on the line. I really feel like we are on a role now and as July comes to an end we rack up another profitable month, clearing over $5000 overall. Small steps, but they are all going in the right direction.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sylvester Collins prepares for what most deem an easy defense before taking on the rough and tumble British brawler Vic Timms later towards years end and his opponnent, Kevin Portman, has been outspoken about the assumption that he is merely cannon fodder, which has prompted several colorful responses from the outgoing Champion. The most recent coming during the radio show, in which he told Portman that he wasn't just "The Big Show", but the whole f'n show and that he (Portman) needed to know his place.

Though Billy Russell is considered one of the more humble fighters in the sport, his management team has accused Even Pizzarro of backing out of a fight with Russell to take on Maruyama, forcing Russell to fight aging journeyman Francis O'Leary. Pizzarro himself indicated he felt Maruyama was a better fighter than Russell and took that fight for a tougher challenge. Look for bad blood and fireworks between these two down the road.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-07-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Blurcat News September 1st 1999

Two big announcements coming from the British MMA organization UK - Combat today. President Ace Lee has announced a profit of $17,560 for the month of August after the organization sold over $22,000 in merchandise, also a new high water mark. No shows were held in August which attributed to the record profit, but Lee was quick to point out that anticipation of this weeks show, as well as solid cards in June and July were big factors in the companies growing momentum and increased sales as well.

Referencing the upcoming show, Lee also indicated that "The Tap Out Artist" Billy Russell has been forced to withdraw from his fight against Francis O'Leary, after suffering an unspecified head injury in training. Early word is that Russell could miss anywhere from 2-6 months with the injury and all of us at Blurcat wish him a speedy recovery. Lee indicated that Atsutane Akera would take Russell's place in the fight against O'Leary and promised the show would not miss a beat.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 6 – Run Riot

Preliminaries

MW – Hunter Scribbins (3-0) defeats Heath Kaladaris (0-1) by submission in 4:05 of rd 3

HW – Kurt McDonald (8-0) defeats Keaton Spratt (4-8) by KO in 1:15 of rd 1

Main Card

LHW – Affonso Villar (2-0) defeats Justin Brannagh (3-1) by UD in 3 rds
Brannagh surprised Villar and was able to take the Brazilian powerhouse down early in the 1st. Villar managed to reverse position and gain side control, then mount scoring some big Elbows in the process. Things slowed dramatically from that point on however as most of the final 2 rounds saw Villar hold Brannagh against the cage.

MW – Atsutane Akera (2-0) defeats Francis O’Leary (26-19) by submission in 1:10 of rd 1
Stepping in for the injured Billy Russell, Akera wastes no time in making O’Leary look every bit of 45 years old with a quick takedown. From here he quickly passed guard and caught O’Leary in an Arm bar for the tap.

MW – Evan Pizzarro (4-0) defeats Bussho Maruyama (2-1) by TKO in 0:25 of rd 1
A complete shocker as Pizzarro flies from his corner with guns blazing, catching Maruyama with several wicked shots, blasting him back into the cage. From here he pounds away until the referee pulls him off. Afterwards Pizzarro has some words for Billy Russell, telling him to heal so he can put him out again when he returns.

HW – Sylvester Collins (6-0) defeats Kevin Portman (10-6) by UD in 5 rds
Collins supposed walk in the park en route to a year end meeting with Vic Timms, turned into a walk in a minefield as Portman was able to wrestle on nearly equal footing with the Champion. Collins tried several submissions, but Portman was able to fend them off nicely and actually took control of the match as Collins tired in rounds 3 and 4. Both Men were spent as the final round started, but Collins managed to get one final takedown and that proved to be the difference as he won 48-47 on all three cards. Timms was in attendance and seemed visibly pleased with the difficulty Collins encountered against the rugged Manchester native.

Attendance: 307 – Gate $4,605 – Show Rating: Fantastic

Thoughts: Not much increase in attendance (up only 3 people) but the fans held the show in high regard once again and it seems we are developing a very loyal following that we just need to find a way to expand. Collins had all kinds of trouble with Portman and his match against Vic Timms could be a real battle of survival if he does not come into the fight in better shape then he was tonight as Timms is capable of doing everything Portman did to the Champ. The star of the night has to be Evan Pizzarro, who walked through Maruyama like he was wet tissue paper. One can ponder what would have happened had “The Nurse Shark” survived Pizzarro’s initially assault, but there is no doubt that Pizzarro is a dangerous fighter, who looks primed for a Title shot right now.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-08-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #28
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just letting you know, another great read!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #29
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Curses to you, I just started a career and I am going the same route as you have..

I am going to write a Dynasty as well...grr..
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quarterly Update - October 1st, 1999

PFP Rankings October 1st, 1999 © = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight 1- Vic Timms 18-3 Curt Kitson 20-4 Alex Cole 11-0 2- Ari Peltonen 23-8 Faas Smit 34-16 Mikey Wallace 7-0 © 3- Sylvester Collins 6-0 © Jon Silvers 7-0 © Evan Pizzarro 4-0 4- Kurt McDonald 8-0 Jasper Osmond 10-14 Tucker Plumm 13-8 5- Kevin Portman 10-6 Affonso Villar 2-0 Atsutane Akera 2-0 6- Graham Goodbody 20-10 Ryan Lane 4-0 Soshu Bando 5-0 7- Brady Crawford 7-5 Allen LeFleur 1-0 Danny Akabaro 2-0 8- Reinhardt Rhett 5-1 Justin Brannagh 3-1 Billy Russell 2-0 9- Murilo Satinho 2-0 Joshua Hope 2-0 Bill Brown 2-0 10- Renato 4-0 Joseph King 4-10 Hunter Scribbins 3-0

Finances
3rd Quarter Results 1999: July (5,249) August (17,178) September (35,178) (Overall balance: 213,912)
We are just exploding as we shatter our previous profit record with a huge September. The big reason is our merchandise sales, which go through the roof nearly tripling our previous high at 63,083 for September. It is time to start planning for expansion and I begin to send out feelers for Welterweights as I would like to have a tournament to crown a Champion in this division by the spring of 2000. At this rate we will have more than double our initial investment in just one year and I only hope the English economy continues to remain strong, as my growth plans are about to be cranked up a notch to strike while the iron is hot.

Signings
2nd Quarter

MW – Soshu Bando 23 (5-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 7 matches
MW – Gihei Ezakiya 19 (2-0) Exclusive – 800 – 6 matches
LHW – Faas Smit 27 (34-16) Exclusive – 2000 – 7 matches
LHW – Ryan Lane 21 (4-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 8 matches

With the HW division loaded I focus on the other two active divisions and bring in three nice looking youngsters as well as one of the most colorful characters in MMA, 27 yr old Faas Smit already a veteran of 50 fights. He is a fight anyone, anywhere, anytime type of fighter with a gift for gab and a promise that win or lose, the fans will go home happy.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
Nobody defects this quarter and I think the locker room is realizing we are here for the long haul.

Injuries
MW – Billy Russell is out for another 3 months with a head injury suffered in training and believed to be a severe concussion. The “Tap Out Artist” is still well enough to fire back at Evan Pizzarro, telling him it is a long ride back to Louisana with a suitcase full of broken dreams and a body full of broken bones, as he promises to be ready when healed.

July through September notable fights

Alpha-1 – Heiji Endo beat Kyuwa Itou by submission in 7:05 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 MW Title

XCC – Philip Ziskie beat Luiz Machado by KO in 0:43 of rd 5 to retain the XCC FW Title
(I can’t understand how XCC is not garnering more attention as just 541 people witness an exceptional main event, Ziskie is a stud and will be a target when we get a FW division going)

BCF – Rav Kapur beat Garry McSweegan by KO in 0:53 of rd 3 to retain the BCF HW Title (Kapur is being pushed as the flag bearer of BCF and I will be looking to steal him if the chance comes up)

KDM FC 11 – Lucas Mueller beat Sukarno by submission in 1:32 of rd 1 to win the KDM FC LW Title (This has to be considered an upset as Sukarno drops his belt to the ultra tough, but inconsistent Mueller.)

GAMMA 47 – Sean Morrison beat Luke Hilton by TKO in 2:04 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA LW Title

SIGMA – Aleksei Chekhov beat Thorbjorn Rekdal by UD 5 rounds to win the SIGMA LHW Title (A grueling 50 minute match sees the belt change hands)

Alpha-1 – Tadamasa Yamada beat Robun Yamazaki by submission in 5:37 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 LHW Title (The worlds best LHW rolls again)

KDM FC 12 – Li-Kong Ho beat Rafael Tavares by submission in 4:25 of rd 1 to retain the KDM FC FW Title (Two top quality events in a row from KDM FC, this one draws just 479 fans)

GAMMA 48 – Julio Regueiro beat Alan Kendall by submission in 1:56 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA WW Title (Total squash for Regueiro)

GAMMA 49 – James Foster beat Norbert Vinkus by TKO in 1:33 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA HW Title (Vinkus had no business in the cage with Foster)

An action packed quarter for sure, with the best of the main events being the Ziskie / Machado war, which would have sold out a stadium if they were both fighting for GAMMA. Speaking of the Worlds richest promotion, the main events of their last two cards were not at all competitive and they will need to find some more compelling matchups for their Champions as Alpha-1 has passed them for the top spot in the World.

Breaking Ground

Board the Windows
Business is good

1 (2) – Alpha-1
2 (1) – GAMMA
3 (3) – SIGMA
4 (6) – Kadena De Mano FC
5 (4) – WEFF (Women’s)
6 (5) – BCF
7 (7) – XCC
8 (9) – MSX
9 (8) – UK Combat

As mentioned above, Alpha-1 took advantage of some less than compelling matchups on the GAMMA shows to climb to the top of the MMA Mountain. We got bumped to last place, despite out good showing for the quarter. More indicative of the economy and the growing popularity of MMA than anything we did wrong.

1 (1): HW – Hassan Fezzik 26-0 (Alpha-1)
2 (UR): WW – Carlos da Guia 17-0 (Alpha-1)
3 (2): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 23-1 (Alpha-1)
4 (3): WW – Julio Regueiro 16-0-1 (GAMMA)
5 (5): HW – James Foster 34-4-1 (GAMMA)
6 (5): MW – Neil Napier 16-0 (GAMMA)
7 (6): HW – Armen Sarkisian 15-0 (SIGMA)
8 (7): LW – Sean Morrison 28-3 (GAMMA)
9 (UR): MW – Matthew Dean 33-5 (GAMMA)
10 (8): HW – Raul Hughes 14-1 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Zvonimir Asanovic, Mike Watson

Carlos da Guia rockets into the rankings with a solid quarter, defending his Alpha-1 WW title for the fourth time. On top Fezzik reigns supreme and Armen Sarkisian continues to be the only one not in the big 2 in the rankings.

Retirements
Grant Shodwart – 40 yrs old (24-14-4) BCF – The rugged barroom brawler, never a champ, but always a fan favorite hangs it up.

Gustavo Bautista – 40 yrs old (62-23-9) Independent – An underground legend in Argentina and veteran of 94 fights! Never got a shot on the big stage.

Vincent Chapin – 39 yrs old (21-15) MSX – Known as Martial arts trainer to the stars, retires to focus on his Hollywood Dojo

Veeti Kuqi – 39 yrs old (33-21) Independent – Another big underground draw in his native Finland, drew no interest from SIGMA, so he calls it a career.

Cliff McAddam – 47 yrs old (31-21) Independent – The Godfather of MMA in the UK, I tried to bring him on for a royal send off, but we could not agree on dollars.

Marek Warzycha – 34 yrs old (3-6) Independent – Realized quickly that MMA was not his game.

Seigo Tsuda – 40 yrs old (38-29-2) KDM FC – A Freddie Mercury lookalike, Tsuda was a big draw in Japan and could always be counted on for an exciting fight, win or lose, and he did a lot of both.

Legal Blotter
None.

Media
GAMMA snags a new PPV deal with USA Free Choice for their second PPV contract in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Curses to you, I just started a career and I am going the same route as you have..

I am going to write a Dynasty as well...grr..

Welcome to the dark side, can't wait to see how you do. Remember, no more than 5% merchandise cuts to the fighters, be greedy
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

A very intriguing show this month as the Kickboxing specialist squares off against the Wrestling Wizard in a battle of undefeated fighters. This fight will truly show just how good Wallace is and a win over Cole will be an impressive feather in the Champions cap for sure.

Satinho has not lived up to the hype so far, looking rather sluggish at times, something he can not afford to do against Franklyn. Renato should be tested by Jones, who gave Satinho all he could handle in their fight at UKC 1. Overall I think we have pretty good card from top to bottom.

With the new year approaching I have also started to send out offers to Welterweights in preparation for launching that division in January, so the final quarter of 1999 should be quite hectic.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 7 – Battle of Brighton

Preliminaries

MW – Marlon John (2-0) defeats French Dancer (2-6) by TKO in 3:10 of rd 1

HW – Jutaro Honma (1-1) defeats Terry Bull (0-2) by TKO in 0:59 of rd 1

Main Card

LHW – Neville Granville (2-0) defeats Jasper Osmond (10-15) by UD in 3 rds
Osmond was determined to give a good accounting of himself in his retirement match and he did just that working Granville over on the ground in the 1st round. Learning his lesson, Granville kept it standing in the 2nd and controlled the pace with his striking. The 3rd round was a mixed bag, with Granville scoring just enough with his punches to pull it out 29-28 on all three cards as the crowd sent Osmond off with a nice ovation.

HW – Renato (5-0) defeats Damien Jones (3-2) by submission in 3:28 of rd 1
Renato was aggressive from the bell and Jones never got the opportunity to find the range on his feet as Renato had him on the floor within 45 seconds. Jones defended Renato’s strikes from the mount well, but left an arm exposed and Renato closed the show with an Arm Bar.

HW – Murilo Satinho (3-0) defeats Wilson Franklyn (3-1) by submission in 4:14 of rd 2
A spirited brawl that saw both fighters go toe to toe in the 1st round, which suited Franklyn just fine as with his reputation as a street fighting legend. Chastised by his corner between rounds, Satinho was more conservative, looking for an opportunity to shoot in the 2nd and when it came he took full advantage. Franklyn survived for nearly 2 minutes on strength along, but Satinho was finally able to lock in an Arm triangle and it was over.

MW – Alex Cole (12-0) defeats Mikey Wallace (7-1) by submission in 3:39 of rd 1
Cole had done his homework and looked to get inside on Wallace from the get go to nullify the Champions kick boxing skills. Cole’s strategy worked like a charm as he was able to prevent Wallace from even getting one of his lethal kicks off. Continuing to pressure the Champion, Cole hit a takedown and once on the ground it was his game. Wallace made a fatal mistake trying to roll away from being mounted, allowing Cole to take his back. The challenger was then able to get the hooks in and promptly took Wallace’s Belt with a rear naked choke!

Attendance: 726 – Gate $14,520 – Show Rating: Fantastic

Thoughts: I am delirious after the show as we more than double our previous attendance record and the fighters are amped as well. It is amazing how much energy a crowd of 726 can give off and the fighters fed off it more and more as the night went on. There is no doubt the increased attendance was created by the buzz surrounding the MW Title belt and though it was a relatively short fight, it did not disappoint. The only down side to a shoe this successful is that we will have to follow up with something equally as strong to keep the momentum going.

I really enjoyed the respect given to Osmond by the crowd. He was never more than a mediocre fighter, but they appreciated his contribution as a true warrior and mentor to the young fighters in our organization. We definitely wish him well. Satinho at last gave a performance worthy of the hype surrounding him and I hope he can parlay it into a title shot at some point next year.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

We give the fans two Title fights this month and surprisingly the talk does not center on whether Collins may be vulnerable against Timms after his lackluster showing against Kevin Portman at UKC 6, but on whether the Brazilian wrecking Machine "Cyborg" Villar is being rushed into a LHW Title fight. It seems Silvers is now viewed on another level after his upset of Curt Kitson at UKC 5 to win the Belt. Adam Burton is nervous about this, but I assure him that Villar will compete.

As notice of this show goes out I am in the middle of negotiations with Welterweights from around the world and will center our next show in January around a tournament for the Welterweight Title. Looking further ahead, with four divisions now I will be expanding our shows to 8 fights beginning in February and also going to a once a month schedule, two areas Adam is totally in agreement on since we are making money.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 8 – Holiday Havoc

Preliminaries

LHW – Logan Sky (2-0) defeats Blaze Weeks (1-1) by TKO in 0:54 of rd 1

HW – Guy Broom (2-0) defeats Libor Pudil (2-1) by UD in 3 rds
Rating: Very Poor

Main Card

MW – Bill Brown (3-0) defeats Tucker Plumm (13-9) by TKO in 2:03 of rd 1
Plumm, just one fight removed from a title shot enters the fight amid rumors of personal problems and it is quickly apparent he is not focused. After a brief feeling out period, Brown scores a textbook takedown and then easily passes Plumm’s half guard. Once he achieves full mount, Brown rains down punch after punch on Plumm, who is rendered defenseless as the referee jumps in to stop the fight.

HW – Brady Crawford (8-5) defeats Juozas Skerla (4-1) by UD in 3 rds
Skerla comes out aggressively, scoring well with strikes and kicks to easily outwork the veteran in the 1st round. In the 2nd Crawford shows his experience taking Skerla down and gaining full mount, where he controls the round, scoring especially well in the final minute as Skerla gives up his back. In the 3rd another takedown allows Crawford to ride the momentum of the prior round and cruise to the win 29-27 on all three cards, spoiling Skerla’s debut.

UKC Light Heavyweight Championship
LHW – Affonso Villar (3-0) defeats Jon Silvers (7-1)* by KO in 3:30 of rd 2
Silvers again looks to keep his challenger at a distance, a strategy that worked to perfection against Kitson, but Villar is quicker and manages to pull Silvers into a grapple, where he punishes him with dirty boxing to carry the 1st. Villar attempts a takedown early in round 2, but finds Silvers too elusive and continues to work on cutting the cage off. Finally trapping Silvers, Villar gets him into the Muay Thai clinch where a powerful knee finds the sweet spot, rendering Silvers unconscious and giving Villar the LHW strap in his third fight!

HW – Sylvester Collins (7-0)* defeats Vic Timms (18-4) by submission in 4:57 of rd 2
The fight starts in explosive fashion as Timms catches the Champion and drops him early with a big right hand. Collins recovers quickly and finishes the round in mounted position, though he is unable to hurt the challenger. Collins picks up where he left off in the 2nd, taking Timms down and again gaining mount, but Timms shows a solid defense from his back. With Collins now visibly tired, it appears Timms will survive the onslaught until he tries to sweep Collins and gives up his back. With time winding down in the second, Collins flattens Timms and locks in a Rear Naked Choke, retaining his title with just 3 seconds remaining in the round!

Attendance: 705 – Gate $14,100 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: A slight dip in attendance, but still a successful show that will bring us more attention. Collins has to be deemed fortunate, as not many survive the round after being dropped by Timms. I have a concern with Sylvester’s cardio and I find it hard to fathom why his camp does not work on this more, as it could have presented a huge problem if Timms had made it out of the second round. There will come a day when Collins will need to reach deep and if he does not improve this aspect of his game he could find himself in trouble.

So much for the naysayers as Villar absolutely dominated Silvers, who looked to want no part of any type of close quarters combat. The difference between this and the Kitson fight was that Villar was quicker and cut Silvers off instead of chase him. Kitson was quick to challenge Villar after the victory and Affonso seemed open to the prospect, mentioning through his interpreter that Kitson could earn an opportunity if he was able to defeat another top contender first. I also have to say Brady Crawford is a tough customer and is the prototype gatekeeper, who can propel fighters into contender status if they can defeat him.

Some nice milestones from this event as well as Blurcat present us with the following accolades (and one not so cheery honor)

UKC 8 honors
Best ever UKC show
Best ever UKC fight (Collins / Timms)
Worst ever UKC fight (Broom / Pudil)
Best ever UKC submission (Collins / Timms)
Best ever UKC main event (Collins / Timms)
Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #35
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dawn of a new Millenium

Outside the first day of December brought snow flurries and frigid temperatures, but inside as I sat pouring over numbers sipping hot Tea the misery of winter was far from my thoughts. As I closed the books on November I couldn’t help but smile, as a strong show last week and our third straight month of 63,000 plus in merchandise revenue meant UKC was as hot as ever. Suddenly Adam burst in, shaking off the chill and an obvious hangover, he flashed a smile as he took off his coat. I had not seen him since the night of our November show, which was not unusual, but I had lots on my plate and it would have been great to have him around to help. Still, without his money none of this would have ever happened, so I couldn’t really complain.

Adam: “Hey Mate, what’s the scuttle?”

Me: “Well, you will be right happy I am sure to know we now have a company with over $300,000.00 in assets and a reputation so hot is makes this rotten weather seem like a tropical paradise.”

Adam: “Blimey, that’s smashing, I have got to hand you the good mate, you really have us going.”

Me: “Well, in addition to that our plans for the Welterweight launch are right on schedule and the ink on the last few contracts is drying as we speak.”

Adam: “Absolutely fab, well c’mon, who do we have in tow?”

I slid the roster I had prepared for press release across the desk for Adam to read. From the devilish sneer that creased his face he was obviously pleased.

Welterweight
Key: Name age (record) Contract type – base pay – matches
Major Stars
Gordon Idle 26 (9-2) Associate – 1600 – 7
Heikichi Shimizu 32 (1-0) Associate – 8000 – 6
Will Kane 30 (15-6) Associate – 1600 – 4

Secondary Stars
Gregory O’Hara 24 (3-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
Peter Bracewell 37 (21-9) Exclusive – 1600 – 6

Undercard
Ashton Andrews 26 (3-6) Associate – 800 – 4
Bosco Curbeam 23 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 9
Brad Wyman 24 (3-0) Standard – 800 – 4
Bret Clement 24 (4-0) Associate – 800 – 6
Carl Chenoweth 21 (1-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
Chad Zoff 19 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 8
Cooper Richardson 26 (10-6) Exclusive – 1000 – 4
Deacon Strawford 27 (4-6) Associate – 600 – 6
Diego Arteta 22 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 10
Edson Edmilson 34 (27-16) Exclusive – 1600 – 4
Garrison Grable 30 (7-15) Associate – 800 – 5
Gideon Navarro 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 8
Grant Capelli 22 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 10
Harold Carrie 28 (2-7) Associate – 600 – 4
Houston George 23 (2-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 8
Matsudaira Satoh 26 (7-1) Exclusive – 1800 – 8
Moss Gilbert 26 (7-0) Standard – 1000 – 6
Nathan Chambers 23 (0-0) Standard – 600 – 8

Adam: “Oy, you’ve got some right corkers here, minus this extra 0, make sure his check doesn’t include that eh?”

Me: “What do you mean Adam?”

Adam: “This Shimizu Bloke, you’ve got 8000 instead of 800.”

Me: “No, that’s right, he is a Judo legend Adam, he is going to be our first international star, in fact we made quite the lucky strike to take him away from one of the big boys.”

Adam: “Oh blimey, we can’t rightly afford that now and what will the other blokes think about his price? I need a drink, where’s the Guinness Mate?”

Me: “Adam relax, I am putting together a tournament for the Welterweights and he won’t even be in it. I’m going to build his debut so that it is big noise mate. We just use him sparingly and he helps us grow, I promise he’ll be worth every hay penny!”

Adam looks concerned, but if he been around more he could have vetoed the deal. I don’t tell him this, but we both know I am thinking it.

Adam: “Right, well I suppose you’ve got us this far, can’t rightly tell you you’re wanked now can I?”

Me: (Laughing) “The year 2000 is going to be a big one for us Mate…have a little trust eh.”
Old 06-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #36
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quarterly Summary - January 1st, 2000

PFP Rankings January 1st, 2000 © = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight 1- Sylvester Collins 7-0 © Curt Kitson 21-4 Alex Cole 12-0 © 2- Ari Peltonen 23-8 Affonso Villar 3-0 © Evan Pizzarro 4-0 3- Vic Timms 18-4 Faas Smit 34-16 Bill Brown 3-0 4- Eddie Whelan 11-5 Daniel Hornsby 13-5 Tucker Plumm 13-9 5- Kurt McDonald 8-0 Jon Silvers 7-1 Atsutane Akera 2-0 6- Murilo Satinho 3-0 Ryan Lane 4-0 Soshu Bando 5-0 7- Brady Crawford 8-5 Neville Granville 2-0 Danny Akabaro 2-0 8- Kevin Portman 10-6 Logan Sky 2-0 Billy Russell 2-0 9- Renato 5-0 Allen LeFleur 1-0 Marlon John 2-0 10- Graham Goodbody 20-10 Justin Brannagh 3-1 Hunter Scribbins 3-0 Welterweight 1- Gordon Idle 9-2 2- Will Kane 15-6 3- Mikey Wallace 7-1 4- Moss Gilbert 7-0 5- Matsudaira Satoh 7-1 6- Peter Bracewell 21-9 7- Edson Edmilson 27-16 8- Bret Clement 4-0 9- Gregory O’Hara 3-0 10- Cooper Richardson 10-6

Finances
4th Quarter Results 1999: October (43,316) November (42,835) December (49,712) (Overall balance: 351,575)
Three straight months over 40,000 in profit as we approach high level regional status this will allow/force me to start pursuing some bigger (more expensive) names. I hate to ruin this run, but we will have to sacrifice some profit to grow. Other changes will be holding a show every month and by March I would love to have a TV deal as well. As previously mentioned I will also expand to 8 fights per show in February as our roster has grown and we need to get more fighter exposure each month and not just rely on the 8 – 10 to main event all the time as we have been doing lately.

Signings
4th Quarter (tons of WW of course, but I add a couple other solid guys as well)
WW – Gordon Idle 26 (9-2) Associate – 1600 – 7
WW – Heikichi Shimizu 32 (1-0) Associate – 8000 – 6
WW – Will Kane 30 (15-6) Associate – 1600 – 4
WW – Gregory O’Hara 24 (3-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
WW – Peter Bracewell 37 (21-9) Exclusive – 1600 – 6
WW – Ashton Andrews 26 (3-6) Associate – 800 – 4
WW – Bosco Curbeam 23 (0-0) Exclusive – 800 – 9
WW – Brad Wyman 24 (3-0) Standard – 800 – 4
WW – Bret Clement 24 (4-0) Associate – 800 – 6
WW – Carl Chenoweth 21 (1-0) Standard – 1000 – 8
WW – Chad Zoff 19 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 8
WW – Cooper Richardson 26 (10-6) Exclusive – 1000 – 4
WW – Deacon Strawford 27 (4-6) Associate – 600 – 6
WW – Diego Arteta 22 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 10
WW – Edson Edmilson 34 (27-16) Exclusive – 1600 – 4
WW – Garrison Grable 30 (7-15) Associate – 800 – 5
WW – Gideon Navarro 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 8
WW – Grant Capelli 22 (0-0) Exclusive – 200 – 10
WW – Harold Carrie 28 (2-7) Associate – 600 – 4
WW – Houston George 23 (2-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 8
WW – Matsudaira Satoh 26 (7-1) Exclusive – 1800 – 8
WW – Moss Gilbert 26 (7-0) Standard – 1000 – 6
WW – Nathan Chambers 23 (0-0) Standard – 600 – 8
HW – Eddie Whelan 30 (11-5) Exclusive – 1600 – 6
LHW – Daniel Hornsby 29 (13-5) Exclusive – 1600 – 7

I am really happy with the overall talent at WW and feel I can build some good rivalries there. One disparaging not is that Gordon Idle will have only 1 match with us as BCF threw an exclusive deal at him and he accepted, hopefully he will not win the WW tournament. Whelan is a top HW, who gives Collins a legitimate contender, while the younger guys continue to grow, while Hornsby has talent but is not always focused. I don’t know exactly how his hiring will pan out.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
None this quarter, but rumor has it we will lose a few in January, including Curt Kitson who is being courted by BCF for an exclusive deal. I am real happy Silvers upset him to win out LHW Title now!

Injuries
None, a couple of guys are taking extended rests after tough fights, but no serious injuries.

October through December notable fights

Sigma – Lefter Oktay beat Armen Sarkisian by UD 5 to retain the SIGMA HW Title (This will definitely put Fezzik protégé Oktay on the map)

GAMMA Warzone (TV) – Neil Napier beat Stuart Strange by submission in 3:02 of rd 4 to retain the GAMM MW Title.

KDM FC 14 – Datuk Ong Ka Ting beat Lucas Mueller by submission in 3:45 of rd 1 to win the KDM FC LW Title (Ting dominates the Mueller the latter first Title defense after he lifted the belt from Sukarno)

Alpha-1 – Luis Basora beat Shizuya Nakae by submission in 2:07 of rd 5 to retain the Alpha-1 LW Title (A dull, low energy affair that will hurt Basora’s image.)

GAMMA 51 – Mike Watson beat Zvonimir Asanovic by KO in 0:52 of rd 1 to win the GAMMA LW Title (Watson shocks the world with a savage KO of the champ in less than a minute)

Alpha1 – Hassan Fezzik beat Gunnar Nilsson by submission in 9:48 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 HW Title (A decent scrap while it lasted, but Fezzik is relentless and eventually wore the game Nilsson down)

GAMMA 52 – Darin Blood beat Julio Regueiro by UD in 5 rds to win the GAMMA WW Title (Yet another title change in a good, fast paced matchup. These two will meet again)

GAMMA again has to get the edge for closing the quarter with some strong cards after a slow start by all promotions. Eight new Champions crowned this quarter in all promotions, which will keep things fresh heading into the new year as new matchups abound.

Breaking Ground

Board the Windows
Business is still good across the board

1 (2) – GAMMA
2 (1) – Alpha-1
3 (4) – Kadena De Mano FC
4 (5) – WEFF (Women’s)
5 (6) – BCF
6 (3) – SIGMA
7 (9) – UK Combat
8 (7) – XCC
9 (8) – MSX

First the important news as we reach our highest ranking yet, climbing to 7th in the world with a solid quarter. Second, SIGMA dropped like a rock, as they had no compelling matchups outside of Oktay / Sarkisian. They will need a strong 1st quarter of 2000 to get back on track. Despite their lofty status, KDM FC is actually one the of poorest promotions with only just over $89,000 in liquid assets. It will be interesting to see if they try and expand to areas where more people can afford to see their cards.

1 (UR): LHW – Mike Watson 12-0 (GAMMA)
2 (6): MW – Neil Napier 17-0 (GAMMA)
3 (1): HW – Hassan Fezzik 27-0 (Alpha-1)
4 (2): WW – Carlos da Guia 17-0 (Alpha-1)
5 (3): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 23-1 (Alpha-1)
6 (UR): HW – Lefter Oktay 16-0 (SIGMA)
7 (9): MW – Matthew Dean 34-5 (GAMMA)
8 (5): HW – James Foster 34-4-1 (GAMMA)
9 (8): LW – Sean Morrison 28-3 (GAMMA)
10 (10): HW – Raul Hughes 14-1 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Julio Regueiro and Armen Sarkisian

One month after dropping out of the top 10 P4P, Mike Watson is back with a bullet and a Title after his ambushing of Asanovic. Oktay assumes the role of lone wolf (Only fighter not in the big two with a stellar performance against Sarkisian. A logical route, since he is a training partner of Fezzik, would be to join GAMMA and challenge Foster for their HW title.

Retirements
Jasper Osmond – 36 yrs old (10-15) UKC – One of our founding fathers, never a top guy but beloved on the locker room.

Greg Atteveld – 43 yrs old (37-15) MSX – Losing his first fight in MSX, Atteveld knew it was time to move on as the years had simply caught up with him.

Claude Lerond – 39 yrs old (19-13) GAMMA – A crazy, entertaining fighter affectionately known as “The Bastard”, Lerond saw the writing on the wall in GAMMA and quit rather than be used as a stepping stone.

Henri Berg – 42 yrs old (19-17) Independent – a limited brawler, once voted the ugliest man in mixed martial arts retires to fish in his native Norway.

Dan Halverson – 43 yrs old (35-13-2) GAMMA – A pioneer of the sport, Halverson fought on the worlds biggest stages and leaves the game with his dignity after 2 straight decision losses.

Ralf Puce – 44 yrs old (24-19) Independent – A fitness nut, Ralf made up in heart what he lacked in skills and retires to run his nutrition company in Glasgow.

Monty Oliver – 44 yrs old (26-30) Independent – One of those anyone, anywhere type of fighters that took a lot of fights on short notice and it probably cost him a few more wins.

Francis O’Leary – 46 yrs old (26-19) UKC – Hung around a bit longer than he should have, a sound thrashing at the hands of Atsutane Akera was the final nail in his career.

Legal Blotter
None.

Media
GAMMA invades Japan signing a PPV deal with Jade 237
GAMMA also expands their “War Zone” show to Continental Sports X1

Year end Awards 1999
Fighter of the Year – Josh Aldarisio (4-0 for the year in GAMMA – beat Halverson, Blood, Henson and Delaney)
Female Fighter of the year – April Watson
Rookie of the year – Hyun-Shik Lim
Rise of the year – Niko Soldo
Fall of the year – Christian Mountfield
Promotion of the year – UKC (We caught someone’s attention, hooray for the upstarts)
Team of the year – American Cage Fighters
Show of the year – BCF: Laurent vs Rush – February 1999 (A big honor for our rivals)
Fight of the year – Jack Cobblepot vs Rick Stanley (GAMMA, February 1999)
Worst fight of the year – Kafu Bunya vs Yeijiro Yamamoto (Alpha-1, May 1999)
Knockout of the year – Mike Watson vs Zvonmir Asanovic (GAMMA, November 1999)
Submission of the year – Tadamasa Yamada vs Jin Katou (Alpha-1, February 1999)
Main event of the year – Jack Cobblepot vs Rick Stanley (GAMMA, February 1999)
Upset of the year – Atep of Indonesia defeats Go Yamamoto (Alpha-1, September 1999)
Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

We kick off the new year with what promises to be an exciting tournament for the UKC Welterweight title, though recent events concerning Gordon Idle returning to BCF on an exclusive contract are disconcerting. It would not cast a good light on things if he won our belt then bolted. Still with Mikey Wallace moving down to Welterweight the division will add plenty of excitement to UKC. The other bout of interest is Billy Russell and Evan Pizzarro as there is no love lost between them and this promises to be a war.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 9 – New Years Brawl

Preliminaries

MW –Esteban Vega (3-0) defeats Barrett Fforde (2-6) by KO in 2:02 of rd 3

HW – Mark Bicknell (8-3) defeats Reinhardt Rhett (5-2) by submission in 4:57 of rd 2

Main Card

Welterweight Tournament Semi-Final
WW – Matsudaira Satoh (8-1) defeats Will Kane (15-7) by UD in 3 rds
High on tactical maneuvering, if not excitement, most of the fight saw the two men try and work for position in the grapple with very little striking. In the end each scored only 1 takedown and did little with it once there as Satoh earn the unanimous nod (30-27 on all cards) by being the busier of the two, as he moves on to the final.

Welterweight Tournament Semi-Final
WW – Gordon Idle (10-2) defeats Moss Gilbert (7-1) by TKO in 1:49 of rd 3
Gilbert came out boxing beautifully, keeping Idle on the end of a stiff jab and mixing combinations well to take round 1 comfortably. The trend continued in the 2nd round, before Idle finally cornered Gilbert and was able to take him down as time expired. As Gilbert slowed, Idle was able to pull him into a grapple early in the 3rd and easily took him down; there Gilbert was a fish out of water. Idle took his back and then pounded him out to move into the final against Satoh.

MW – Danny Akabaro (3-0) defeats Wayne McKellen (3-3) by TKO in 1:03 of rd 1
McKellen was said to have battled the flu during training and he looked sluggish as the fight began. Akabaro, sensing a wounded prey, exploded with a heavy barrage of punches that left McKellen helplessly slumped over against the cage as the referee scrambled to stop the slaughter.

MW – Billy Russell (3-0) defeats Evan Pizzarro (4-1) by submission in 3:56 of rd 1
In a much anticipated match, that featured legitimate bad blood, Evan Pizzarro eschewed striking to try and beat Russell at his own game and the first half of the round saw brilliant attacks and counters by both men, with neither able to seize the advantage. Pizzarro, then made a fatal mistake, overextending on a shoot, which allowed Russell to roll him over and gain side control, before transitioning to mount. From here Russell feigned a Garce choke and quickly transitioned into an Arm Bar to tap Pizzarro out as the arena went wild. After the victory, Russell emulated “The Carpenters” post fight celebration by pounding nails into an imaginary Coffin, which resulted in a near brawl in the cage between the two camps. This one is not over.

Main Event –UKC Welterweight Championship
HW – Matsudaira Satoh (9-1) defeats Gordon Idle (10-3) by UD in 5 rds
Idle came out like a man possessed, getting Satoh to the mat and achieving full mount, where he opened a gash over Satoh’s eye easily winning the round. Satoh kept his composure and fought back, though Idle was still superior on the ground in a close 2nd. As the 3rd began, it was clear that Idle was tired and Satoh began to assert his will, winning the battle standing and taking control on the ground as well as his superior conditioning paid dividends in both the 3rd and 4th rounds, though Idle deserves credit for fending off no less than 7 submission attempts. With the fight up for grabs in the 5th, Satoh became a striking machine, dropping Idle with a vicious flurry and nearly securing a rear naked choke, which Idle held off until time expired. The Judges all gave the fight 48-47, to the inaugural UKC Welterweight Champion…..Matsudaira Satoh!

Attendance: 710 – Gate $14,200 – Show Rating: Great

Thoughts: Staying steady with just over 700 again, which I am pleased with since the main event featured Fighters new to UKC. Of course I attribute a lot of this to the co-main event, which featured the grudge match between Pizzarro and Russell. This one did not disappoint with fireworks before, during and after as Pizzarro was stunned by Russell’s nonpareil Jiu Jitsu skills. There is no doubt this feud still has some mileage as Pizzarro will look to gain revenge for being as he said “Embarrassed by that hack, I totally ****** up, that’s ok, I’ll see him again.” Russell responded by inviting Pizzarro to come see him fight for the Title.

Satoh winning the WW Title sets up a much better scenario than Idle winning it, right before he jumps back to BCF. With Mikey Wallace moving down and Shimizu waiting in the wings, there are some interesting times ahead for the Welterweights. After beginning the New Year with a successful showing, I approach Euro-Cable Sports 4 for a TV deal, which would really put us on BCF’s heels!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
BYU 14
Coordinator

Our first 8 card show features little known newcomer "Dizzy" Bando receiving a shot at the Ace for the middleweight title. There has been some criticism rfor allowing the newcomer to fight for the Title in his first UKC fight. Little is know about him, but he was the highest regarded fighter available as Faas Smit was not prepared to fight in February and Pizzarro and Russell were settling their blood feud. The co-main is the proverbial sunrise/sunset encounter as the future of UKC, Murilo Satinho takes on grizzled veteran Graham Goodbody, who, while not in Satinho's league physically has some tricks that will surely test the up and comer.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 10 – Appetite for Pain

Preliminaries

MW –Bussho Maruyama (3-1) defeats Chesney Brightman (0-3) by submission in 4:48 of rd 3

LHW – Adrian Pascal (3-0) defeats Joseph King (4-11) by TKO in 0:30 of rd 1

HW – Toshiya Furube (1-1) defeats Nash Harbane (9-17) by UD in 3 rds

Main Card

LHW – Justin Brannagh (4-1) defeats Ryan Lane (4-1) by submission in 2:39 of rd 1
Ryan Lane makes his UKC debut and shockingly abandons his strength (Muay Thai) to grapple with the wrestling specialist. While he succeeds in scoring a takedown, he is not in control for long as Brannagh sweeps him and gains full mount. Fending off an Arm Bar, Lane tries to escape and gives up his back and this time Brannagh gets the Arm Bar locked in securely forcing the tap.

MW – Atsutane Akera (3-0) defeats Hunter Scribbins (3-1) by submission in 2:09 of rd 1
Two master ground fighters go at and Scribbins immediately shoots and gets the takedown, though Akera pulls guard and looks comfortable as Scribbins looks to improve his position. As Scribbins attempts to posture up, Akera strikes, trapping “The Arizona Strangler” in a Triangle Choke to get the sudden victory.

WW – Gregory O’Hara (4-0) defeats Cooper Richardson (10-7) by submission in 4:58 of rd 1
O’Hara nearly flies across the ring immediately taking Cooper to the Mat, though Cooper pulls guard and is able to comfortably deal with O’Hara’s two fisted assault. O’Hara powers out of Coopers guard and gets full mount and from here his blows have a telling effect on Cooper, who in desperation tries to roll out and is caught in a Rear Naked Choke, giving “The Chief” his first UKC victory in impressive fashion.

HW – Murilo Satinho (4-0) defeats Graham Goodbody (20-11) by TKO in 2:49 of rd 1
Satinho looks to be in much better shape than Goodbody, who battled a virus during training. After a brief feeling out period, Satinho slams Goodbody to the mat, where Graham struggles to keep him in half guard. Powering his way to mount, Satinho tries an Arm Bar, which Goodbody expertly defends. Goodbody then tries for a sweep, but Satinho blocks it and takes his back, unleashing a wicked series of elbows that causes the referee to wave it off as Goodbody was taking a severe beating.

MW –Alex Cole (13-0)* defeats Soshu Bando (5-1) by submission in 2:09 of rd 1
Many doubted Bando’s credentials coming in and while he looked sharp early on, staying even with the Champion on his feet he was a fish out of water when Cole decided he was through with the stand up game. Within the space of 20 seconds, Cole put Bando on his back, exploded past his guard and locked in a textbook Arm Bar to easily retain his UKC Middleweight Title.

Attendance: 754 – Gate $15,080 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: New records in both attendance and proceeds, combined with great fights from top to bottom should almost insure we are marketable enough to secure a TV deal within the next two months. This show had some fantastic submissions highlighted by Akera’s amazing Triangle Choke on Hunter Scribbins which came out of nowhere. As fear by many, Bando was not near well rounded enough to hang with Cole and will have to work hard on his ground skills to compete with some of the submission machines we have at Middleweight.

The future is definitely bright and immediately after the card I get to work on a video package I hope will finally sway one of the small European Cable channels to give us a shot. With a decent gate and a prize money payout of just over $18,000, this could be the month we break $50,000 in profit if our merchandise sales are as strong as they were in January.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-26-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #41
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Loving this so far. Sounds like your last event was awesome. Every time I check this dynasty out I get closer and closer to buying this game
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #42
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Loving this so far. Sounds like your last event was awesome. Every time I check this dynasty out I get closer and closer to buying this game

You gotta take the plunge. Adam has done some nice things with the patches, expanding the commentary and moves and just released a small update to fighters database last week adding some new fighters and updating some renders and bios.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Big Show returns against the enigmatic "Chopper" McDonald to defend his strap in a fight that is sure to set another attendance record as Collins is quickly becoming a legend among UKC fans. The are a combined 15-0 and while Collins will be heavily favored, McDonald does have the size and strength to make things difficult for the Champion if he can avoid getting caught.

A rare treat gives the fans a 2nd Title fight as Affonso Villar, Champion after just three pro fights goes against local favorite Neville Granville, who many think was given the shot only because he is popular with the local crowds and will help draw well. Whoever wins this one can rest assured their next opponent will be the veteran Faas Smit, so long as he gets by Caffatere in convincing fashion. Finally the much anticipated debut of Shimizu will take place in what should be a painful lesson in the finer points of Judo for Brad Wyman.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #44
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 11 – Bulls on Parade

Preliminaries

LHW –Allen LeFleur (2-0) defeats Priti Manek (1-3) by TKO in 1:42 of rd 1

HW – Gareth Grundy (7-5) defeats Libor Pudil (2-2) by UD in 3 rds

WW – Diego Arteta (1-0) defeats Deacon Stawford (4-7) by KO in 2:41 of rd 1

Main Card

MW – Bill Brown (4-0) defeats Owen Hyde (2-2) by TKO in 2:00 of rd 2
Hyde whiffs on the firs takedown attempt of the fight and Brown promptly shows him how it is done, controlling the action the rest of the round, while opening a gash under Hyde’s left eye with an elbow. To his credit, Hyde fends off both an Armbar and a Kimura late in the round. Early in the 2nd round, Brown lands a huge slam, rattling Hyde and gaining full mount, where he wastes no time in pounding him out!

LHW – Faas Smit (35-16) defeats Folee Caffatere (2-2) by submission in 3:19 of rd 1
Caffatere’s one chance was to keep the veteran Smit standing and that lasted all of a minute. Once he had Caffatere down, Smit went to work, utilizing his superior ground skills. Caffatere fought off an Armbar, but gave up his back and was submitted by a second Armbar in short order as Smit makes a successful UKC debut.

WW – Heikichi Shimizu (2-0) defeats Brad Wyman (3-1) by submission in 4:02 of rd 1
Wyman, rumored to be sick coming in, still put up a game fight against one of the premier Judo practitioners in the world. Unable to keep the action standing, Wyman fought bravely from the ground, escaping an Armbar and fending off a Rear Naked Choke. Shimizu finally wore him down and was able to get his hooks in and finish it with a second RNC, though Wyman gave him a good battle.

UKC Light Heavyweight Championship
LHW – Affonso Villar (4-0)* defeats Neville Granville (2-1) by TKO in 1:38 of rd 1
Granville, reportedly in a dispute with his management team looked totally disinterested from the first Bell and was simply manhandled by the LHW Champ. Villar took Granville down with little resistance and went to work with the elbows, knocking Granville into a complete stupor to easily retain his title.

HW –Kurt McDonald (9-0) defeats Sylvester Collins (7-1)* by KO 0:45 of rd 3
If you have never been in a crowd and suddenly had things go so quiet you could hear a pin drop, it is an eerie feeling. But Kurt McDonald, who was rag dolled, rolled up and dominated for the first 2 rounds, pulled a miracle out of his back pocket in the form of a huge right hand (the only solid blow he landed the entire fight) which starched the Champion and left every jaw in the arena on the floor. Collins came out quick and dominated McDonald completely in the first with a strong ground and pound that earned him a 10-8 round. The second was much of the same, but as has happened in recent fights, Collins was tired by rounds end and this time it caught up with him as he was unable to avoid the blow that crowned a new UKC HW Champion!

Attendance: 826 – Gate $16,520 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: Not sure how I feel about my cash Cow being put on ice by the newcomer, but I suppose it will lead to an intriguing rematch down the road, though it appears Collins will be out for a will recovering. Maybe he can get some cardio in for god’s sake!! McDonald looks the part, but he was getting seriously worked by Collins before the lucky punch landed and with Murilo Satinho next in line for a title shot I have to wonder if McDonald will even be Champ when Collins is ready to fight again.

After his victory Shimizu addressed the crowd through an interpreter and thanked the crowd, then put over his Judo skills before finally indicating he was ready to be Welterweight Champion. This brought Mikey Wallace to the ring, to the applause of the crowd. Wallace said he respected Shimizu for his Judo accomplishments, but this is MMA and before Shimizu got a shot at the Title he needed to prove he could do more than just flip people around. Wallace then said he was next in line, but if Shimizu could beat him then he may have room to talk. The crowd seemed excited about the possibilities as Wallace left the ring as a smiling Shimizu bowed as he left.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quarterly Summary - April 1st, 2000

PFP Rankings April 1st, 2000 © = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight 1- Kurt McDonald 9-0 © Andarnik Paletilolu 17-6 Alex Cole 13-0 © 2- Sylvester Collins 7-1 Affonso Villar 4-0 © Andrew Rush 15-6 3- Stafford Alois 27-10 Faas Smit 35-16 Bill Brown 4-0 4- Vic Timms 18-4 Daniel Hornsby 13-5 Atsutane Akera 3-0 5- Eddie Whelan 11-5 Jon Silvers 7-1 Billy Russell 3-0 6- Murilo Satinho 4-0 Justin Brannagh 4-1 Danny Akabaro 3-0 7- Percy Catcher 10-4 Allen LeFleur 2-0 Evan Pizarro 4-1 8- Brady Crawford 8-5 Logan Sky 2-0 Tucker Plumm 13-9 9- Kevin Portman 10-6 Adrian Pascal 3-0 Soshu Bando 5-1 10- Renato 5-0 Neville Granville 2-1 Esteban Vega 3-0 Welterweight 1- Mikey Wallace 7-1 2- Matsudaira Satoh 9-1 3- Will Kane 15-7 4- Gregory O’Hara 4-0 5- Moss Gilbert 7-1 6- Peter Bracewell 21-9 7- Benedikt Streit 19-8 8- Edson Edmilson 27-16 9- Bret Clement 4-0 10- Heikichi Shimizu 2-0

Finances
1st Quarter Results 2000: January (43,277) February (43,911) March (32,520) (Overall balance: 473,562)
Still no TV deal on the horizon, but we continue to grow at a rapid pace financially, thanks as always to outstanding merchandise sales. The drop in March profit is due to Shimizu’s high salary, which I am now not as concerned about since we still did very well. Once we get a TV deal in place I will be more aggressive going after higher level stars, since we will then be able to support 2 or 3 on the same show and still make some money.

Signings
4th Quarter (tons of WW of course, but I add a couple other solid guys as well)
HW – Gerald Albbrecht 22 (6-0) Exclusive – 1000 – 8
HW – Percy Catcher (10-4) Associate – 1000 – 4
WW – Syed Tan (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 6
HW – Wally Bryant (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 8
WW – Domingo de Vivanco 20 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 10
HW – Sly Twinge 20 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 10
MW – Reed Howlett 21 (0-0) Exclusive – 600 – 8
LHW – Andranik Paletilolu (17-6) Exclusive – 1800 – 6
LHW – Ralph Kohl 36 (16-9-1) Exclusive – 1600 – 6
HW – Stafford Alois 35 (27-10) Associate – 5000 – 4
MW – Andrew Rush 29 (15-6) Exclusive – 2750 – 8
LHW – Benedikt Streit 30 (19-8) Exclusive – 1600 – 5

A good quarter as a mix of prospects and solid veterans are signed to bolster the roster. The crown jewels are two that we snag from rival BCF including top HW Stafford Alois who is a short term popularity booster and will likely jump if a good exclusive deal comes along. Even better is the signing of Rush, who is a very capable fighter and can fight at both MW and LHW. He will be around for a while and should give Cole a run. Most intriguing of the youngsters is German LHW Albbrecht who at 6-0 has been impressive in regional competition. We will know quickly if he is ready for the big stage.

Extensions
MW – Tucker Plumm 32 (13-9) Associate – 1600 – 5

He has already proven not to be in our upper echelon, but is a solid gatekeeper type for young fighters.

Sayonara
WW – Gordon Idle 27 (10-3) as expected he leaves to sign an exclusive deal with BCF after getting knocked out of our WW tournament.

LHW – Curt Kitson 20 (22-4) another signing by BCF, Exclusive, 3 matches over 12 months. I will try and lure him back when he has fulfilled their obligations.

HW – Ari Peltonen 34 (24-8) fought once for us (losing to Timms) before being lured to Sigma for 4 fights over 15 months on an exclusive deal. No future interest in him.

Injuries
Shimizu and Ryan Lane have minor injuries, but won’t miss any extended action.

January through March 2000 notable fights

Alpha-1 – Tadamasa Yamada beat Jin Katou by by submission in 5:14 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 LHW Title (Same result in the rematch as their first fight)

Sigma – Lars Bohlin beat Philip Ziskie by UD in 3 rds. (No Title at stake but a notable upset)

GAMMA 53 – James Foster beat Raul Hughes by TKO in 2:47 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA HW Title (Foster continues to breeze through GAMMA competition, while the world clamors for Fezzik)

GAMMA 54 – Sean Morrison beat Beau Gorshin by TKO in 3:59 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA LW Title (The grandson of TV actor Frank Gorshin, famed for the Batman TV series, proves an easy riddle for Morrison)

SIGMA – Aleksei Chekhov beat Hyun-Shik Lim by TKO in 0:53 of rd 3 to retain the SIGMA LHW Title

KDM FC 17 – Li-Kong Ho beat Gu Ueda by submission in 3:35 of rd 2 to retain the KDM FC FW Title (Ho will be a prime target when we expand to FW, the guy can fight)

BCF – Rav Kapur beat Perry Barr by TKO in 3:22 of rd 6 to retain the BCF HW Title (The best HW our competition has, I will pursue him hard when able as we have a more competitive division)

GAMMA 55 – Mike Watson beat Kendall Tracey by KO in 0:46 of rd 4 to retain the GAMMA LHW Title

GAMMA puts on 3 top flight shows and they are now the undisputable kings of MMA and are likely to remain so for some time.

Breaking Ground
WVTC (World Vale Tudo Council) opens its doors on January. Based in Brazil they are sure to rise quickly given that Brazil is an MMA hotbed. I will have to make sure I protect my Brazilian stars as they are sure to come calling. As of this printing they have about 20 fighters under contract, with the franchise being WW Helio. They currently have not announced their first event.

Board the Windows
Business is still good across the board

1 (2) – Alpha-1
2 (1) – GAMMA
3 (3) – Kadena De Mano FC
4 (6) – SIGMA
5 (5) – BCF
6 (4) – WEFF (Women’s)
7 (7) – UK Combat
8 (8) – XCC
9 (9) – MSX
10 (UR) - WVTC

Quite surprised to see Alpha-1 retake the top spot, as GAMMA had far and away the better quarter in terms of product. No real changes elsewhere as SIGMA and WEFF swapped spots, with everything else remaining static. Me goal at the end of the next quarter is to be in 5th place, ahead of BCF. We are closing the gap.

1 (1): LHW – Mike Watson 13-0 (GAMMA)
2 (5): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 24-1 (Alpha-1)
3 (3): HW – Hassan Fezzik 27-0 (Alpha-1)
4 (2): MW – Neil Napier 17-0 (GAMMA)
5 (4): WW – Carlos da Guia 17-0 (Alpha-1)
6 (8): HW – James Foster 35-4-1 (GAMMA)
7 (6): HW – Lefter Oktay 16-0 (SIGMA)
8 (7): MW – Matthew Dean 34-5 (GAMMA)
9 (UR): LW – Fiyero Lermontov 12-0 (GAMMA/SIGMA)
10 (9): LW – Sean Morrison 29-3 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Raul Hughes

Watson continues to reign supreme after another big win, while Yamada returns to threaten his perch. Only minor shuffling elsewhere with the only new addition being Lermontov, a rare case where a top 10 P4P actually fights for 2 companies.

Retirements
Luigi Kolasinski – 40 yrs old (0-2) Independent – Started lately, ended early after 2 stompings and went in search of other things to satisfy his mid life crisis.

Silvio Scirea – 39 yrs old (9-12) Independent – a freakishly strong man with little technique, beat those he could overwhelm and was thrashed by anyone with skill. Does hold the distinction of being knocked out by our current HW champ, Kurt McDonald.

Legal Blotter
Petey Barnum LHW (MSX) tested positive for performance enhancing drugs after being knocked out by George Laurent at MSX 10 in Janaury. He is suspended for a year.

Media
Alpha-1 re ups their Alpha-1 Combat TV show with Japanese Sports Vision.
Alpha-1 also adds a PPV deal to their docket, hooking up with Emperor Choice in Japan.
GAMMA continues to reel in PPV carriers as they sign with USA Free Choice.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #46
BYU 14
Coordinator

The "Cockney Rebel" makes his first foray into the Welterweight division and is poised to make history if he can take the title as the first Fighter to hold belts in two different divisions. Eddie Whalen will provide a huge test for Renato and the crafty veteran will look to propel himself into the title picture as the competition in our Heavyweight division continues to get stiffer with each passing month.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #47
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 12 – Invasion

Preliminaries

HW –Damien Jones (4-2) defeats Wally Bryant (0-1) by UD in 3 rds.

MW – Reed Howlett (1-0) defeats Pierce Jeeler (0-5) by TKO in 1:20 of rd 2

WW – Carl Chenoweth (2-0) defeats Harold Carrie (2-8) by KO in 1:03 of rd 2

Main Card

HW – Wilson Franklyn (4-1) defeats Brian Barnes (12-9) by TKO in 4:00 of rd 3
A close fight that saw Franklyn build a slight lead through the first 2 rounds with superior kicks and good accuracy on his strikes. For his part Barnes was able to stuff Franklyn’s takedown attempts and actually had him turtled up as round 1 ended. The determining factor came down to conditioning as Barnes ran out of gas in the 3rd and was finally taken to the mat. Though he maintained guard, Barnes could not keep Franklyn from posturing up and a vicious onslaught of blows from Franklyn brought the curtain down as time wound down in the fight.

MW – Evan Pizzarro (5-1) defeats Ronnie Allen Teller (2-2) by submission in 3:27 of rd 2
Pizzarro looked to be pressing in his first fight back after losing to Billy Russell and it enabled Teller to frustrate “The Carpenter” in the first round as he countered Pizzarro’s hell bent rushes nicely. In the 2nd round Pizzarro took it to the ground, but Teller was able to gain dominant position in a wild scramble. Pizzarro finally gained some composure and trapped Teller in a Guillotine Choke as the latter looked to pass, forcing the tap.

LHW – Joshua Hope (3-0) defeats Daniel Hornsby (13-6) by UD in 3 rds
“The Stud” as Hornsby likes to be called makes his much ballyhooed (mostly by him) debut and flames out in spectacular fashion as he spends much of the night on his back clinging to Hope like they were engaged to be married. What little action there is, Hope initiates and with the exception of the 2nd round Hornsby rarely showed any aggression, as the referred had to restart the action no fewer than 4 times. The crowd booed lustily throughout as Hope takes it 29-28 on all three cards.
Rating: Very Poor

HW – Renato (6-0) defeats Eddie Whelan (11-6) by TKO in 3:02 of rd 3
Renato’s first big test against the BCF veteran Eddie Whelan starts slowly as Renato is able to nullify Whelan’s Muay Thai skills effective grappling, but is unable to do and damage once on the ground as Whelan is able to nullify his offense with tenacious defense from half guard. In the 3rd Renato is finally able to pass and once he gains full mount he ferociously pounds Whelan out with a series crushing elbow strikes.

Main Event –UKC Welterweight Championship
WW –Matsudaira Satoh (10-1)* defeats Mikey Wallace (7-2) by submission in 4:52 of rd 3
The champion made the curious choice of choosing to stand with Wallace in the first round and paid for his indiscretion, taking several vicious leg kicks and getting rocked by a hard right hand from the “Cockney Rebel.” Satoh finally began to look for a takedown in the 2nd round, but Wallace again used sharp kicks to keep him at bay, injuring Satoh’s left leg in the process. The Champion finally took Wallace down late in the round, but it was not enough to win the round as Wallace added to his lead. The 3rd saw Satoh become desperate and he avoided a Wallace hook to get an early takedown. From here Wallace fought valiantly, fending off three submission attempts, but the Champion was able to sink his hooks in as time wound down and finally flattened Wallace out, applying a Rear Naked Choke and retaining the Title with just 8 seconds left in the round.
Rating: Excellent

Attendance: 524 – Gate $10,480 – Show Rating: Average

Thoughts: This show obviously lacked the star power of our last two and it showed in the bottom line as attendance was down by roughly 300, which causes a lot of concern in my mind. I have started negotiations with a couple of high priced talents and we cannot afford to go into the toilet now with the payroll steadily climbing each show. I am sure we will still clear a profit this month, but we have to reverse this trend quickly.

Wallace could have given himself (and the company) a huge boost with the win and he was easily controlling the action the first 2 rounds before Satoh found the takedown range. It is a shame because the WW Champion just doesn’t seem to be accepted by the fans, who view him as someone constantly pulling Horse Shoe’s out of thin air to keep winning

Hornsby was a huge disappointment and basically relegated himself to preliminary status until he shows he wants to fight. All in all it was the worst of possible outcomes, declining crowd numbers and a mediocre show to go with it. Not what we need as we scramble to find a TV deal. To add to my pleasure I receive news days after the show that Reed Howlett, a promising MW who made his pro debut on this card tests positive for a PED and will be suspended for a year!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #48
BYU 14
Coordinator

We look to rebound from our disappointing April show on the back of Alex Cole, currently our top draw, defending his Belt against "The Tap Out Artist" Blurcat lambasts us for rushing Russell into this fight and predicts Cole will destroy him, which may happen, but many thought Pizzarro would do the same. Waiting in the wings for the winner of this will be our second biggest "Name" Middleweight, Andrew Rush.

The undercard is not full of star power, but does include some recent signings we hope to get over with our audience. Still we will need solid fights from the underneath guys to rebound and get back on track.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #49
BYU 14
Coordinator

UKC 13 – Lights Out

Preliminaries

MW – Heath Kaladaris (1-1) defeats Gihei Ezakiya (2-1) by submission in 2:42 of rd 1

HW – Sly Twinge (1-0) defeats Terry Bull (0-3) by TKO in 2:01 of rd 1

WW – Bosco Curbeam (1-0) defeats Ashton Andrews (3-7) by TKO in 1:02 of rd 1

Main Card

HW – Brady Crawford (9-5) defeats Gerard Albbrecht (6-1) by Submission in 2:49 of rd 1
The resurrection of Brady Crawford continues as he walks right through the highly touted Albbrecht, who is making his first appearance outside of the local promotions in Germany. Albbrecht comes out swinging, but Crawford sidesteps danger and takes him down. Working swiftly, Crawford moves from guard to side control, then full mount. Once in mount he quickly locks Albbrecht into an Arm Bar for the win.

LHW – Andranik Paletilolu (18-6) defeats Jon Silvers (7-2) by UD in 3 rounds
The Battering Ram lived up to his nickname early, wrapping the former Champion in a Muay Thai clinch and blasting him to the head and body with knees to take the 1st round decisively. Silvers worked the boxing game from that point on, keeping Paletilolu at a distance, but not doing enough to climb back into the fight. The final round saw Silvers a bit busier as Paletilolu tired, but the hole from the beating he took in the 1st round was too big to overcome as Paletilolu takes his UKC debut 29-27 on all cards.

Intermission
At this point I make my way to the Cage and inform the crowd that Percy Catcher has not shown up for his fight with Vic Timms, so they will not be seeing that matchup this evening. This brings some scattered boos and will likely put another dent in our fan base. (I will find out after the show that Catcher signed with SIGMA and chose to just blow off his final match with us, which was likely encouraged by SIGMA as a lose would have hurt him in the move. That’s fine; I’ll have something for both of them down the road.)

WW – Peter Bracewell (22-9) defeats Edson Edmilson (27-17) by UD in 3 rounds
Cold on the heels of my announcement regarding Catcher’s no show, these two engage in a hugfest that draws the ire of the crowd. I am upset that both men appear worn out early in the 2nd round and basically engage in a slow motion grappling ballet the remainder of the fight. Bracewell does more than Edmilson and controls most of the action keeping the Brazilian pressed against the cage, but that is still not saying much. “Iron Jaw” takes the decision 30-27 on all cards, but has not earned any title consideration with his effort.

MW – Alex Cole (14-0)* defeats Billy Russell (3-1) by UD in 5 rounds
Billy Russell did not take Alex Coles title, but he earned his respect and solidified his place as one of the top Middleweights in UKC taking the undefeated and much more experienced Champion to the limit. The two put on a clinic in grappling and submissions in a bout that was sadly under appreciated by the crowd. The two split the firs two rounds and Cole controlled the first, but couldn’t pass Russell’s guard. Billy took the second as Cole was forced to fight off 4 submission attempts in the round. It continued like this for the rest of the fight, with momentum shifting back and forth between the two. Cole’s experience paid dividends in the final round as he likely stole the stanza (and the fight) with a late flurry. Alex Cole retains the MW strap by scores of 48-47 twice and 49-46; a score which drew boos from the crowd. These two will definitely cross paths again.

Attendance: 702 – Gate $14,040 – Show Rating: Great

Thoughts: Amazingly the show scores high marks with the crowd, despite the loss of the anticipated matchup between Timms and Catcher and a main event, which while pleasing to purists, was not a barn burner. The crowd was back up, which was expected with Cole headlining. I think Russell gained a lot of fans, despite the loss and I also think the fight showed that a good submission specialist can give the Champion some problems. This creates some intriguing possibilities for a defense against Atsutane Akera, who is quite gifted in this area himself.

I get hold of Catcher the next day and thank him for screwing me over. I tell him to enjoy SIGMA because he has burned a bridge with me and I make sure to let him know that that will bite him in the ass down the road. A statement which draws a chuckle from him and a profanity laced closing statement from me, before I slam the phone down.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #50
javier_83
n00b

are you going to continue this?
ihope so