Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #151
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
“They just hit a home run,” Babcock said of the Sharks. “That’s a gold medal pick. I’m pissed off.”

Honestly, that did more to sell me on the trade than anything the Sharks could have said.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #152
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
The Robyn Reghner deal to Buffalo seems to be still in limbo.

However, it appears that the latest from what I've read on TSN is that it appears he will waive his clause. It sounds like it could be Regehr and Kotalik to Buffalo for Chris Butler (RFA), Paul Byron, and a 2nd round pick?

It also sounds like owner Terry Pegula was a big seller in getting Regehr to come.

Deal is done.

Calgary Gets: D Chris Butler (RFA), C Paul Byron
Buffalo Gets: D Robyn Regehr, LW Ales Kotalik, 2012 2nd Round Draft Pick
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #153
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Ryan Smyth will be back to Edmonton. LA gets Gilbert Brule + 4th.

And this is now off.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #154
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Kind of scared about the Scheifelelele pick at 7 by the Jets. I really felt like Coutourierierier was the obvious choice at that point, and it feels like the guys who wrote this article are already penciling in the next paragraph.

Oh well, I'm still on a high about the name and maybe Scheifelelele will be the rising star that the Jets braintrust see him as. Have to trust them until they prove untrustworthy.

Supposedly the Jets turned down a deal from the Flyers that would have sent Mike Richards to the Jets for Evander Kane and the 7th overall pick.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #155
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
No, they have no clue.

I had someone text me that because the Pens took a D, this has to mean Jagr is back. They didn't draft a winger for that reason!!

What's worst is that people don't understand how the big European leagues work when they see the stats of these guys compared to their North American counterparts. If you're 18 or 19 years old playing the Swedish or Finnish elite league, you're a pretty talented player. Don't let the stats take away from that.

I also like looking at the Facebook page for the Sabres (the official page). Talk about moronic fans who think that NHL 2011 translate to real-life.

How good is Regehr? I like what I've seen and heard of him in the small pieces, but being on the East Coast I don't follow the Flames and him much.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #156
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Supposedly the Jets turned down a deal from the Flyers that would have sent Mike Richards to the Jets for Evander Kane and the 7th overall pick.

I would have turned that down.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #157
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

That would have been an interesting trade. It's a lot to give up, but Richards would be a HUGE fan favorite hear since he's from Kenora (cottage country for 'Peggers).

I'd have probably made that trade a week ago before I heard any of this negative character stuff that seems to be coming out. Now I'm not so sure, and that trade being turned down makes sense because it sounds like the guys running the Jets are all about character (which is one of the main reasons they are high on Scheifele).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #158
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
What's worst is that people don't understand how the big European leagues work when they see the stats of these guys compared to their North American counterparts. If you're 18 or 19 years old playing the Swedish or Finnish elite league, you're a pretty talented player. Don't let the stats take away from that.

I also like looking at the Facebook page for the Sabres (the official page). Talk about moronic fans who think that NHL 2011 translate to real-life.

How good is Regehr? I like what I've seen and heard of him in the small pieces, but being on the East Coast I don't follow the Flames and him much.

Big +1 on the Facebook thing.

Regher...as of a couple years ago, I'd have said he was a legit #2 guy, not having the offensive numbers to be a #1. Now, not sure he's a legit top pairing guy anymore, but a real good 2nd pairing guy.

On par with Dan Girardi, Scott Hannan group. IMO.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #159
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I wasn't super high on Butler anyways, hopefully we buy out Kotalik and we still got a 2nd rounder too
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #160
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
And this is now off.

Back on apparently, as Smyth is now an Oiler.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #161
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Back on apparently, as Smyth is now an Oiler.

For Colin Fraser and a 7th...fine by me.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #162
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting. NHL releasing a trial balloon instead of a low level realignment after next year to allow Winnipeg out out of the Southeast division, they are going to go to a completely new alignment.

Two Conferences, each with two divisions (two divisions will have 7 teams, the other will have 8). (Note to Bettman: If you think this means you have an opportunity to expand to 32 teams, I will eat your spleen!)

Hell, bring back divisional playoff rounds (Top Four from each division qualify for playoffs), those were always fun and generated heated matchups early
Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #163
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Interesting. NHL releasing a trial balloon instead of a low level realignment after next year to allow Winnipeg out out of the Southeast division, they are going to go to a completely new alignment.

Two Conferences, each with two divisions (two divisions will have 7 teams, the other will have 8). (Note to Bettman: If you think this means you have an opportunity to expand to 32 teams, I will eat your spleen!)

Hell, bring back divisional playoff rounds (Top Four from each division qualify for playoffs), those were always fun and generated heated matchups early

The prickly thing is that with both Detroit and Columbus wanting to go east, either one would have to stay behind or the two conferences would be imbalanced (if done strictly by geography--could you have an Atlantic/Midwest conference and a Mideast/Pacific conference?).

As to division playoffs, the idea that's been bandied about is to restore the division playoffs for at least one round (meaning the top four from each division advance regardless of conference standings), then switch to conference seedings thereafter. To me, that's somewhat nonsensical and that if you're going to go into divisional playoffs, you may as well go all the way and restore the 1980s format.

Me personally, I believe that the conferences should be dropped, which would allow for some more creative divisional alignments.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #164
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Thank god they're decreasing divisions by two. I kind of like the division playoffs - I remember how the Bruins just couldn't get past the Canadians for years and years until 1988 - it was kind of fun how you had to get out of your own division before you moved into the final 4. Though for some reason, it does seem kind of silly for the #1 team to have to start from scratch and deal with the #4 team from their own division for 7 games.....though really, that's no different than 1 v. 8. Just a psychological difference somehow...
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #165
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

hate, hate, hate the seeded playoff structure and really, really, really want divisional playoffs back.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #166
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Brian Campbell agrees to waive NTC. Will go to Florida (Tallon does it again). Chicago gets Rusty Olesz.

I don't pretend to understand what Florida is thinking, but this is *huge* for the Blackhawks, getting out from underneath Campbell's ridiculously bloated 7m+/year contract.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #167
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Maple Leafs on XM right now.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #168
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I don't pretend to understand what Florida is thinking, but this is *huge* for the Blackhawks, getting out from underneath Campbell's ridiculously bloated 7m+/year contract.

They need to get to the cap floor.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #169
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

It is. I am saddened by the move. I always enjoyed looking at that albatross of a contract on Cap Geek.com.

Quote:
Maple Leafs on XM right now.

Sweet! Wish I had access to it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #170
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

PING HiFi

Report: Semyon Varlamov likely won’t re-sign with Washington Capitals - Capitals Insider - The Washington Post

Quote:
In other news, the Capitals have placed defenseman Tyler Sloan on waivers. Sloan is under contract for the 2011-12 season at $700,000 and if the Capitals were to buy him out it would result in a salary cap hit of $233,333 each of the next two seasons according to Cap Geek. The deadline to buyout a player is June 30.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #171
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Flyers trade Powe to the Wild for a 2013 3rd rounder.

I hope Carcillo is next.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #172
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Bieska re-ups with Vancouver
Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #173
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

A couple interesting moves with players not getting QOs

Tyler Kennedy - PIT
Matt D'Agostini - STL
Mike Lundin - TB
Nik Bergfors - FLA
Christian Hanson - TOR
Sami Lepisto - CLB
Benoit Pouliot - MTL
Dan Carcillo - PHI
Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #174
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Brooks Laich resigns with the Caps... 6 yrs 27 mil
Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #175
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Brooks Laich resigns with the Caps... 6 yrs 27 mil

Didn't see that one coming, especially after they traded for Troy Brouwer. Not a bad signing for the Caps. He's a pretty good player. Very solid all around.

$4.5 million for a 20-25 goal scorer might be a little high, but he does a lot of other things well.

This makes an already razor thin crop of UFA forwards that much thinner.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #176
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Can anyone make sense of the Smyth to EDM move? If the Kings need a top 6 forward, why deal one?

EDIT: Or was this done to free up money for Doughty's contract?

Last edited by Warhammer : 06-28-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #177
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Didn't see that one coming, especially after they traded for Troy Brouwer. Not a bad signing for the Caps. He's a pretty good player. Very solid all around.

$4.5 million for a 20-25 goal scorer might be a little high, but he does a lot of other things well.

Sort of makes more sense. For 3 years now, Washington has proven to be great in the regular season and average to bad in the postseason.

They need more Brouwer's/Laich's and less Semin's to be successful.

He's not worth $4.5M, that's maybe $.5 - 1M too much. But that's what happens in free agency.

I'd say he's alot like Chris Kunitz. On an average team, he's probably a 2nd-3rd liner, but on a team with legit superstars, he can be a 20-25/60 point guy.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #178
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Can anyone make sense of the Smyth to EDM move? If the Kings need a top 6 forward, why deal one?

DOLA

Yeah...it's $$$. Smyth is at I think something like $6.2M. And worth about 1/2 that now.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #179
bhlloy
Coordinator

Laich was going to be quite a few teams #1 target, great character two-way guy who is not bad on the offensive end either. Pretty sure he was the guy the Ducks were going to go after the hardest.

Not a bad deal at all for the Caps IMO. Either sign him now or watch him go for more than that in a couple of weeks. And like SR says, they have to keep the guys like him around to have any shot.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #180
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I think it was to free up cash. Once they got Richards, they probably felt like they were "ok" up front and have quite a bit of cash invested in forwards.

Quote:
Sort of makes more sense. For 3 years now, Washington has proven to be great in the regular season and average to bad in the postseason.

They need more Brouwer's/Laich's and less Semin's to be successful.

He's not worth $4.5M, that's maybe $.5 - 1M too much. But that's what happens in free agency.

I'd say he's alot like Chris Kunitz. On an average team, he's probably a 2nd-3rd liner, but on a team with legit superstars, he can be a 20-25/60 point guy.

I think $3.5 - $4 million would be reasonable for Laich. I look at him like Dan Cleary, but younger and with a little more offensive upside. Cleary makes $2.8 million.

This isn't a great year to have a ton of cap space.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #181
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

There are going to be a handful of guys who get ridiculous deals Friday now.

Someone will give Michael Ryder close to $4M now.
Jussi Jokinen, who I do like, is now looking at a 5 year deal worth $20M+.
Ville Leino is getting $3M+

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 06-28-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #182
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

DOLA

few more-

Tomas Kopecky, whose rights were dealt to Florida (of course Florida, he played for the Hawks in the last 4 seasons!). Signs a 4 year deal...no $ detail yet.

Max Lapierre re-signs with Vancouver. 2 years, $1M per

MA "Don't Call me Andy Delmore" Bergeron re-signs with TB. 2 years, $1M per.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #183
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

TROLA

Pascal Dupuis returning to Pittsburgh, 2 years $1.5M per.

I like it if he's playing on the 3rd line. Not so much if he's plugged in next to Crosby again.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #184
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
This isn't a great year to have a ton of cap space.

Quote:

Pascal Dupuis returning to Pittsburgh, 2 years $1.5M per.

Just to drive home the point of how thin free agency is going to be.

Had Dupuis made it until Friday, his 17 goals last year would have placed him 10th among UFA goalscorers.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #185
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Smyth requested a move back to Edmonton. It's his last year on this contract. I'd imagine he's going back there to play a season and retire. And it works out nicely for the Kings since it gets his 6.2 million for 45 points and molasses level skating off their cap.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #186
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Given how thin free agency is shaping up to be this year, I'm hoping the Wings go ahead and use some of their space to extend Kronwall now. Maybe even Helm too (even though the kid only goes to RFA status after next season). Do that and find me another top-4 defenseman, and I'll be happy Ken Holland.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #187
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Given how thin free agency is shaping up to be this year, I'm hoping the Wings go ahead and use some of their space to extend Kronwall now. Maybe even Helm too (even though the kid only goes to RFA status after next season). Do that and find me another top-4 defenseman, and I'll be happy Ken Holland.

I would totally agree, but unfortunately, that's not really how it works under the current system. Kronwall's and Helm's contracts for this year are set. Any new contract negotiated with Helm and/or Kronwall wouldn't kick in until next year and would only count against the cap from next year forward. Since the cap hit of contracts is spread equally across the length of the contract, there is no way to use this year's cap space to free up cap sapce in any other future year.

The only thing the Wings can do to plan ahead like that would be to either sign players to 1 year deals or not sign anyone at all.

As things unfold, unless something crazy happens, I am begining to see a scenario where the Wings enter the season with a lot of space under the cap. This would open them up for a trade or two during the season, but it's never been an approach they have taken in the past and might be a little different given Lidstrom came back.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #188
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I didn't realize that you couldn't renegotiate now and have the new contract simply override the old one (and the associated cap hit). Since the numbers would be significantly higher, but you'd be locking up the players long-term. I guess I'm thinking in terms of NFL contracts. Thanks for the info.

So as someone who follows our beloved Wings closer than I do, who does your gut tell you Holland will go after to fill the spot left vacant by Raffy? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind seeing Sopel don the winged wheel. No Salo though...the last thing we need is someone who is injury prone.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #189
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The only thing you'd want Sopel for is his awesome 'stache. He doesn't seem like he'd fit the Wings skating, puck posession game.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #190
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wings should probably bite the bullet and attempt to get Jovo (who I detest) or Kaberle (if even can come relatively cheap) for a year (I am also assuming Ericsson re-signs soon), then focus their efforts on 2012 FA where they can lock up Stuart and Kronner and then make a run at Weber or Ryan Suter.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #191
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
So as someone who follows our beloved Wings closer than I do, who does your gut tell you Holland will go after to fill the spot left vacant by Raffy? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind seeing Sopel don the winged wheel. No Salo though...the last thing we need is someone who is injury prone.

There are some intriguing options out there in the UFA market. The potential candidates include:

James Wisniewski
Christian Ehrhoff
Joni Pitkanen

Tomas Kaberle
Bryan McCabe
Ed Jovanovski
Roman Hamrlik
Ian White

The top four seem to be the best candidates for a possible Top 4 position. I thought Wisniewski was great in Anaheim in the 2009 playoffs. He was a force out there. I fear his play is a bit inconsistent. He got shipped from Anaheim to the Isles and then to Montreal. Always a bit concerning to see a guy moved around that much. Still, he plays with an edge, has some offensive upside and is a local kid.

Ehrhoff has had a great year in Vancouver. For some reason, though, I don't like him. I think it was because he had a goofy-ass picture in Eastside Hockey Manager and never played well for me there.

Joni Pitkanen fits the Wings love of Euros, but he is a Finn and that doesn't always work out. He always seemed like he should be a better player than he actually is, but I have to admit I've never focused on Pitkanen or really noticed him. Sometimes the latter can be a good thing for a D-Man. Then again, I have heard rumors that the Wings' brass don't like him.

As for the second group, none of them thrill me. Kaberle's a great passer and that would fit in well with Detroit's puck possession style of play, but he's looked like a bitch in the playoffs this year. He's wilting under pressure. Not a good sign.

McCabe does nothing for me.

I've always loved Roman "The Hammer" Hammrlik, but he's 37 and has lost a step. I don't see him as a viable Top 4 defensemen anymore. Same with Jovocop. Great player, love the passion, but not the guy he once was.

Ian White might be the most intriguing out of that bunch. He moves the puck well and can skate well. He's been shipped around a bit, Toronto-Calgary-Carolina-San Jose, over the last couple of years, but may be a decent fit at a reduced price (when compared to the top options).

One of the biggest problems the Wings had last year was with larger forwards. Teams were able to cycle down low almost constantly against them. That would seem to indicate that getting a defensemen with a little size, strength and edge would fit the bill. That would seem to make Wisneiwski a better fit.

The one thing the Wings can't do is over pay for a guy. I think Holland has been excellent at this ever since the lockout. Early on fans bitched and moaned while other teams snatched up free agents and Holland stood pat and waited. One of the most important aspects of a team in the cap era is having players play up to or exceed their contract. I don't know if any of the abovementioned players are $6 million guys. I think around $4-$4.5 million is about right. (Which is exactly where Bieksa signed at.) The Wings can then save that money, perhaps invest it in an upgrade at forward (though I don't think there's much out there right now), or save it for the trade deadline or for next year when all signs indicate there will be a much deeper pool of UFAs. Included in that UFA pool are Kronwall and Stuart. So, the Wings have to consider where they want to go with those guys as well.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #192
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the info. And I definitely agree with Holland's approach of not overpaying. Frankly with the reputation the organization has, there's no need to. And they have to keep in mind that Kronwall and Helm are both going to presumably become big-money guys, or at least bigger than they are now. Personally I'd hate to see either one of them leave after next year, but I have faith in Holland in finding a way to keep them around at a reasonable price.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #193
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Thanks for the info. And I definitely agree with Holland's approach of not overpaying. Frankly with the reputation the organization has, there's no need to. And they have to keep in mind that Kronwall and Helm are both going to presumably become big-money guys, or at least bigger than they are now. Personally I'd hate to see either one of them leave after next year, but I have faith in Holland in finding a way to keep them around at a reasonable price.

I have a hard time seeing either guy get away. It's pretty rare for the Wings to let home grown guys go like that, especially when they are considered core parts of the team. I think Kronwall is in line for a bit of a raise, another $0.5 - $1 million a year, especially if he picks up where he left off from last year. He was essentially the Wings #1 defensemen throughout the season and playoffs.

Helm is a different story. The guy is incredibly valuable. I love him, but he's only ever scored 12 goals and about 30 points. Granted, his true value to the team is in other areas, but it's not too often 10 goal/30 point forwards, even those with great speed and checking ability, are "big-money guys." If he has a break out year offensively, that could be a different story.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #194
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
McCabe does nothing for me.

Did nothing for the Rangers either.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #195
DeToxRox
Head Coach

McKenzie is reporting Ehroff turned down a Bieksa deal and Vancouver is shopping the rights to him.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #196
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Smyth requested a move back to Edmonton. It's his last year on this contract. I'd imagine he's going back there to play a season and retire. And it works out nicely for the Kings since it gets his 6.2 million for 45 points and molasses level skating off their cap.

Doubt very much that he retires after this season. My guess is he re-signs for a couple of years at a third of the price...which I would be fine with.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #197
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
McKenzie is reporting Ehroff turned down a Bieksa deal and Vancouver is shopping the rights to him.

I am not surprised. Given his offensive output the last two seasons and the thin crop. He could stand to make more on the open market.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #198
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am not surprised. Given his offensive output the last two seasons and the thin crop. He could stand to make more on the open market.

Good point.

Also goes to show that "winning" isn't everything to these guys as I would have to think the Canucks are real contenders again next season.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #199
DeToxRox
Head Coach

McKenzie reporting Pitkanen is close to resigning with the Canes.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #200
Johnny93g
College Starter

Dougy Gilmour is a Hall of Famer!!! It's about time!

Ed Belfour, Joe Nieuwendyk, and Mark Howe also are inducted.

Pat Burns amazingly is not.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote