Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #51
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I was drafted last...damn im going to suck

But look on the bright side, barring a massive beatdown, your guy shouldn't be killed at any point during this dynasty...

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #52
tberg420
n00b

Did someone mention sucking? Because if anyone is going to suck, it's going to be Dan "The Vampire" Boyer.
tberg420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #53
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Was planning on upping scouting reports much sooner, but when you are on the floor of a PCU unit and no one relieves you when they are supposed to you can't exactly leave patients uncared for. I'm in the process of upping a condensed version ASAP! Later tonight or tomorrow I'll work on a more complete version.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #54
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Condensed Scouting Reports:

Heavyweights:

Team Shamrock:

Ace Idol (BYU 14)

*A well rounded fighter, but he really thrives on the ground.
*Many MMA experts have cried "overrated" ever since he went number one. Their claim? He has no standup and relies too much on the ground game. However his takedowns are sub-par.
*Say what you want about this guy, he's still my pick to win this thing, he may have trouble getting you to the ground, but if he does get you down there it is lights out.

Jeff Riddle (JeffNights)

*Very strong standup striker. However, for a guy with great takedowns and world class ground and pound he may spend too much time throwing bombs standing up.
*Not very aggressive and may lack a strong killer instinct needed form a great standup puncher.
*No sprawl, but it is ok. He isn't horrible on the ground, but some of the better ground guys may be able to give him trouble.
*VERY SLOW! And he's useless from the clinch to boot.

Koloski “the Polish” Hammer (astrofans64)

*A very confusing fighter.
*Probably the strongest fighter and the best standup punching ability in the contest.
*Great G'N'P without the ability to really get a guy to the ground, or improve his position to help his punches.
*Horribly conditioned and to make matters worse he wastes too much energy doing mundane things in the octagon.
*Not a smart fighter, but hey, atleast he's as tough as nails.

Steve "BEES!?!?!?!" Breeze (dubb93)

*Absolutely no standup or ground game at all.

Team Severn

Owen Hunter (Sublime 2)

*Possibly the most well balanced Heavyweight in the tournament, with both good standup and the ability already to take down the top heavyweights in the world
*Top heavyweight strikers could give him some problems, but if they don't have a good sprawl don't bother. Key word in there is could, this guy is still a monster on his feet.
*Good at takedowns and improving his position on the ground, but my main problem with Owen is how is he going to finish a fight? His submissions are a joke, and his ground and pound sloppy at best.

Rob 'Java' Nielsen (CoffeeWarlord)

*A nice strong kicker, with good takedowns
*Ground and pound is world class, but he doesn't look to get to the ground often enough. If he would actively take fights to the ground he would be the favorite. He can absolutely G'N'P anyone.
*I guess I can over look the fact that he doesn't look to get to the ground when you consider he is BY FAR the fastest heavyweight in this, and he throws lightening quick low kicks that really take out the oppositions legs.
*As far as pure talent, Rob is as talented as they come, but his two main flaws really manifest themselves and keep him from being a true favorite. He's very poorly conditioned and he has no chin. Many expects say, "Oh, the guy with the quick feet? Yea he's good, but if you hit him he goes away."

Tomas "TKO" Ortega (Ram)

*Extremely big, strong, powerful striker that actively looks for punches and to finish the fight. You can't standup with this guy or it could be lights out.
*Is very well conditioned. Has no problems going 3 rounds and throwing punches the entire way.
*While not as slow as some of the other guys, he still isn't very fast and he overly wastes energy in the ring. Not a smart fighter.
*His sprawl is horrible and to make matters worse he has absolutely no ground game.

Dan "The Trash Man" Gand (dubb93)

*Absolutely no standup or ground game.

EDIT: Typos, accidently cited 'Java' as slow when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-17-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #55
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Welterweights

TEAM SEVERN:

"The Little Asian Man" Jackie Lee (Neon_chaos)

*Very well rounded. Can go anything.
*Expert powerful accurate kicks with a great killer instinct. He is very aggressive.
*Average sprawl and ground game. He may struggle on the ground against the best, but can hold his own for the most part.
*Average conditioning.
*Average speed.
*Doesn't like to fight from the clinch at all, but if it is forced on him he can hold his own.
*Average takedowns.

Jace Hunter (Travis)

*Looks to take you down and tap you out. Has very good takedowns and submissions. Could give alot of guys trouble.
*Standup is WAY below average. This guy can't punch or kick and he's not very aggressive.
*Not well conditioned and has a horrible sprawl. He can live without a sprawl, because you wouldn't want to take this guy down anyway.
*Very tough, with good heart. He'll just keep on coming.

Jason Pugh (Ardent enthusiast)

*Best puncher in the Welterweight division. Well conditioned.
*No killer instinct, no real KO power, and not very aggressive.
*Has a good takedown, but has horrible submissions and no G'N'P.
*Awful sprawl.
*Dominate from the clinch, I just wish he didn't like to stand back and trade punches.

Moses Keane (marshall881)

*Great standup puncher, good at takedowns and the ground and pound.
*Well conditioned, dominate from the clinch.
*Not aggressive, no killer instinct, wastes alot of energy in the octagon, no submissions, awful sprawl, poor at passing guard.

TEAM SHAMROCK:

Miles Esterhaus (NTNDeacon)

*Very well rounded, no real weaknesses.
*Great killer instinct.
*Miles does it all, and does it all pretty well. He is really a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy. If you want to bang with him, he'll take you down. If you want to go to the ground he will fight you standing up.
*Very well conditioned.

Lucas Black (hoopsguy)

*Dominate on the ground. Has good takedowns, passes the guard with ease, is good at ground and pound and can throw submissions.
*No standup AT ALL. If he stays on his feet he will go to sleep. End of story.
*Not conditioned very well and wastes loads of energy as a result of poor technique.
*Uber-Aggressive. Leave one opening and he will attack it.
*Holds his own from the clinch.

Dan "The Vampire" Boyer (tberg420)

*Good, greatly conditioned striker that is dominate from the clinch. Uses the clinch well when he fights.
*Slow for a Welterweight.
*Good sprawl, good at the ground and pound. He won't tap you out.
*Tough fighter. Shows alot of heart.
*Not really a smart fighter and he wastes more energy than you'd like to see him waste in the octagon.

Bladed Doom (Blade6119)

*Could suprise some people. He is really good at some things, and really poor at others.
*Looks to wrestle first, and fight second. On the ground he can be really good with good takedowns and submissions. He passes the guard with ease.
*Superb conditioning.
*Very fast.
*2nd Worst standup in the competition. Second only to Lucas Black. Unlike Lucas, he doesn't have the complete ground game to make up for it. Can't punch or kick and is not aggresive. If he has one thing going for him here it is his killer instinct, but if you can't throw a punch it won't matter.
*Awful sprawl, but he wants the fight on the ground.
*Not good at all from the clinch.
*Ground and pound is no better than average.

EDIT: Typos.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-17-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #56
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Still working on scouting reports, deadline to get fights to me has been moved back to 8PM EST as a result of me having to work overtime today and getting this up late.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #57
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Scouting reports finished. Get fights to me, fighters, if you want to fight someone now is the time to tell your captain in the thread.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #58
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll dispatch Jace Hunter before moving on to the rest of Team Severn.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #59
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The Next Big MMA Star episode 1

All 14 fighters gather in the training room as the show comes on the air. Dubb93 begins to speak.

“We have two new fighters to welcome to the show tonight, here are heavyweights Dan "The Trash Man" Gand and Steve "BEES!?!?!?!" Breeze. Dan will join team Severn, while Steve will be joining Team Shamrock.”

:The fighters appear to be throughly unimpressed. Typical training is shown, with no real drama. The fighters are called back to the training room to announce fights:

“We will have two fights tonight. They will be three rounds, with a forth round being fought if the fight is ruled a draw. Here is Dan Severn to announce the heavyweight elimination fight.”

“Representing Team Severn will be Owen Hunter. He will be taking on Steve "BEES!?!?!?!" Breeze.”

Dubb93 speaks again, “Thanks Dan, now it is up to you, Ken, to decide the welterweight showdown.”

Ken Shamrock looks the fighters over and begins to speak. “We will be sending our number one fighter, Miles Esterhaus out there to fight Moses Keane.”

Ken looks at Dubb93, and Dubb93 begins to talk, “Thanks guys, remember if you win tonight you advance to the semi-finals. Lose and you will be sent home immediately. Good luck.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavyweight Elimination Fight

Owen Hunter

Height: 6'6

Weight: 240 lbs

vs.

Steve "BEES!?!?!?!" Breeze

Height: 5'7

Weight: 340 lbs

Round 1:

I look for this to be a quick fight. Breeze is in way over his head. Hunter comes out quick. JUST SIX SECONDS IN HE LANDS A HUGE UPPERCUT! BREEZE IS HURT! HE CRASHES TO MAT! THIS FIGHT IS OVER!

Who wants to fight Owen Hunter after that display? He wins by KO as the result of an uppercut at 0:06 of round number one.

Winner: Owen Hunter

Team Severn retains control of heavyweight match-ups. Send in a fight by 2PM EST Tuesday.

Welterweight Elimination Fight

Miles Esterhaus

Height: 5'10

Weight: 170

vs.

Moses Keane

Round 1:

Smart money says Esterhaus takes Keane to the ground and wins the fight. If Esterhaus decides to fight on his feet he could be in for a long fight that could go either way.

The fighters come out slow. Esterhaus fires a jab, Keane ducks and forces a clinch. Keane lands a solid uppercut from the inside. Esterhaus breaks free from the clinch at 0:25.

Esterhaus fires a hook, can't land it and Keane forces another clinch. It is obvious his gameplan is to fight this one from the inside. Keane looks for a body shot, but Esterhaus is defending himself well. Keane breaks the clinch this time at 0:50.

The fighters measure each other up and Esterhaus lands a solid kick to the body. Keane tries for a clinch but gets caught with a nice jab. Keane finally gets his clinch and begins to land knees to Esterhaus's legs. Fighters stay tied up a while and Esterhaus frees himself at 2:05.

Keane drives Esterhaus into the cage and takes him down with a double-leg. I don't understand why he would want to take this fight to the ground. He was handling himself quite well on his feet.

Esterhaus has full guard. Esterhaus works on a sweep, as Keane appears to be stalling on top. Esterhaus grabs a leg, but eats solid shots from the top. Esterhaus sweeps and gets top position at 2:50.

Keane is trying to stand up. ESTHERHAUS HAS HIS BACK! Keane stands up, Esterhaus still has back. Nice knees from Esterhaus, he appears to be trying to get his hooks in. NO! Keane breaks free at 3:18.

Keane comes forward and forces a clinch, he lands solid knees to the body. Keane drives Esterhaus into the fence. Fighters still tied up, as they appear to be stalling. The ref wants to see more action at 4:00.

The fight is restarted at 4:06 in the center of the octagon. Esterhaus forces Keane into the cage and lands a short right hand from the inside. Keane comes back with a knee to the body. Ten seconds left, another nice knee by Keane as the round ends.

I would actually have to give that round to Moses Keane.

Round 2:

Neither fighter is hurt as round two starts. Keane drives Esterhaus into the corner and looks for a takedown. Keane backs off and Esterhaus lands a nice low kick. Esterhaus with a cross, low kick combination, neither land. Keane forces another clinch at 0:38.

HUGE KNEE STRIKE TO THE BODY BY MOSES KEANE! ESTERHAUS HAS THE WIND KNOCKED OUT OF HIM! HUGE FOLLOWUP COMBO BY KEANE! Keane drives Esterhaus into the cage at 1:04.

Keane goes for a single-leg takedown, Esterhaus defends and breaks free from the clinch. Keane looks for another single-leg takedown, Esterhaus is able to push him back and defend it well. Another clinch and Keane is able to force Esterhaus into the cage at 2:16.

Nothing happens and the ref restarts the action at 2:39. Keane once again drives Esterhaus into the cage. Esterhaus appears to be unable to defend it. He's not scoring octagon control points, thats for sure. Nice knees by Keane. Esterhaus is able to break free at 2:48.

Esterhaus shoots in and HAS A SINGLE-LEG! Keane is tumbled to the ground. ESTHERHAUS HAS FULL MOUNT! He drives Keane up into the fence, this is not good for Moses Keane. Big elbows land from the top for Esterhaus. HUGE COMBINATION! MOSES KEANE MAY BE OUT! ANOTHER BIG COMBINATION FROM THE TOP BY MILES ESTERHAUS! THE REF JUMPS IN, THIS FIGHT IS OVER!

Miles Esterhaus wins at 3:37 of round number two by TKO/Referee stoppage/punches from mount. What a comeback. I really thought Moses Keane was going to pull the upset after his impressive first round.

Winner: Miles Esterhaus

Team Shamrock retains control of Welterweight match-ups. Send in a fight by 2PM EST Tuesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM SEVERN:

Welterweights:

Jace Hunter (Travis)

Heavyweights:

Owen Hunter (Sublime 2)--advances to semi-finals
Tomas "TKO" Ortega (Ram)
Dan "The Trash Man" Gand

TEAM SHAMROCK:

Welterweights:

Miles Esterhaus (NTNDeacon)--advances to semi-finals
Lucas Black (hoopsguy)
Dan "The Vampire" Boyer (tberg420)
Bladed Doom (Blade6119)

Heavyweights:

Ace Idol (BYU 14)
Jeff Riddle (JeffNights)
Koloski “the Polish” Hammer (astrofans64)

Eliminated:

Welterweight:

Heavyweight:

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-17-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #60
marshall881
Mascot

Keane had him rocked, but could not seal the deal.

Nice write up. This should be a great dynasty.

Last edited by marshall881 : 04-17-2006 at 10:16 PM.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #61
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall881
Keane had him rocked, but could not seal the deal.

Nice write up. This should be a great dynasty.

I hope, and don't forget, you aren't exactly done if you don't want to be. Keane still has a shot at working his way onto the active roster, and if he fails, learn from your mistakes and send in a new fighter next year.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-17-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #62
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Whooo Baby! The 6 Second killer, OWEN HUNTER!!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #63
BYU 14
Coordinator

Ground and pound Baby, I am going to have Severn's Guys on their backs more than Paris Hilton!!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #64
marshall881
Mascot

Keane is anxious to get another shot at the Finale of the show.
He won't fail a second time.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #65
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

please get fights to me ASAP!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #66
Travis
Pro Rookie

You talk big Lucas, it'll be fun to hear you say "uncle".

I'm ready to go coach.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #67
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

still waiting on a fight.....
Old 04-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #68
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Am I supposed to send you something if I want to fight somone. da polish hammer wants fight. But da polish hammer don't know whut to do to get em one.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #69
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Am I supposed to send you something if I want to fight somone. da polish hammer wants fight. But da polish hammer don't know whut to do to get em one.

Good to know. The fights will be up pretty late tonight. I was hoping to do them around 2-3, but just now got the 2nd fight in. For those that want to know the fights will be Koloski “the Polish” Hammer vs. Rob Nielsen and Jace hunter vs. dan the vampire boyer. Don't expect an update anytime before 11-11:30.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #70
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rob Nielsen shall WIN!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #71
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The Next Big MMA Star Episode 1

:The show begins the same exact way the previous show ended. Miles Esterhaus is in the ring with his arms raised in victory. Cut to Dubb93 in his office:

“Two really surprising fights kicked off the first season of this show. First, who would have predicted Owen Hunter to win by knockout in just six seconds? Second, everyone expected Miles Esterhaus to win easily, but Moses Keane really kicked the shit out of him. One takedown that gave him mount the was the difference in the fight. If those two were to fight again, I think Moses Keane knocks him out.”

:The fighters are shown training and hanging out in the house. Dan Severn approaches Rob Nielson and we cut to the training room:

Dubb93 begins to speak. “Two of you have already been sent home. We gather here again today to make two more fights. If you are selected to fight you better be ready to go in there and leave with no regrets. Moses Keane was defeated, but he has nothing to be ashamed of. He fought his ass off, and I think we all know damn well he has no regrets. There was nothing more he could have done. Now onto the heavyweight matchup. Team Severn gets to make the fight.”

Dan Severn begins to speak, “We will be sending Rob 'Java' Nielson out to fight Koloski “The Polish” Hammer.”

:Team Severn looks shocked as does Dubb93 and Ken Shamrock:

After a long silence, Dubb93 speaks again, “Ken, now you get to make the welterweight fight.”

Ken Shamrock begins to speak, “We are going to matchup Dan Boyer against Jace Hunter.”

:Both Dan and Jace appear completely confident:

Dubb93 speaks again, “The fights have been set, prepare. I can't say that enough. No regrets. The winners will advance to the semi-finals and the losers will be sent home immediately. Good luck.”

:Team Severn members talk about being in shock that Dan Severn would throw Java to the wolves and match him up against the one guy that can really take advantage of his chin. They sound very upset. Both teams are happy with the welterweight match-up and both think their fighter will take it. Now we get ready for the fights:

Heavyweight Elimination Fight

Koloski “the Polish” Hammer

Height: 6'2

Weight: 264lbs

vs.

Rob 'Java' Nielsen

Height: 6'3

Weight: 210lbs

Round 1:

Wow, what a bad match-up for Java. His weakness is his chin, and if anyone is going to hit him hard it will be Koloski. Java has more pure talent and should win this fight, but Koloski has even more of a punchers chance than he would against anyone else in the competition.

The fight starts out slow. Koloski forces a clinch. He will look to use his strength to wear down Java. Koloski lands a nice hard shot to the body and then drives Java into the cage. Java is able to escape at 0:48.

Quick leg kick by Java. Koloski tries to get in punching distance, but Java lands another good leg kick. Leg kick blocked and Koloski lands a nice counter jab. Koloski tries to force a clinch, but can't catch the much faster Java.

Java lands another nice leg kick. This is his bread and butter, if he keeps landing this it won't be long before Koloski isn't moving very well. Another low leg kick scores cleanly. Java drives the weakened Koloski into the cage and searches for a double-leg takedown. Nice sprawl by Koloski, Java is forced to pull guard. He has half guard at 1:21.

Java tries a neck crank, Koloski slips out after a few seconds. Another neck crank attempt, nothing. Koloski needs to get active. Java improves to full guard. Nice series of shots land from the top by Koloski. Java tries another neck crank, IT LOOKS DEEP! KOLOSKI IS FIGHTING IT, OH HE JUST IS ABLE TO SLIP OUT!

KOLOSKI COMES RIGHT BACK, HUGE PUNCHES FROM THE TOP! JAVA IS NOW RATTLED! Koloski drives Java into the fence. Java tries to grab a leg, but he can't quite get it. Another neck crank attempt, nothing. I can't believe Koloski didn't follow up when he had Java hurt. It now looks as if his opportunity slipped away at 2:11.

Java still has full guard, OH MY GOD! WHAT A SHOT FROM THE TOP BY KOLOSKI! NIELSON IS FINISHED! THE REF JUMPS IN AND STOPS THE FIGHT AT 2:15! Will this one be scored a KO? No, looks like a TKO/referee stoppage/straight right from full guard.

How strong is Koloski if he can land a right hand from FULL GUARD and stop somebody? Prehaps next time we see Java he will be fighting at light heavyweight.

Winner: Koloski “The Polish” Hammer

Team Shamrock takes control of heavyweight match-ups. Send in fight by 5:00 PM EST Wednesday

Welterweight Elimination Fight

Jace Hunter

Height: 6'0

vs.

Dan “The Vampire” Boyer

Weight: 169

Round 1:

The fight starts out VERY slow. Finally after nearly thirty full seconds Boyer strikes first landing a nice low kick. Jace Hunter, not fazed by the kick, jumps in quick and drives Boyer into the cage. BOYER GIVES UP HIS BACK! HUNTER HAS A BELLY TO BACK CLINCH! BOYER IS ABLE TO ESCAPE! That was close.

Now Boyer comes in quick and drives Jace Hunter into the cage. Solid elbow lands for “The Vampire”, but Hunter comes right back with a nice uppercut. Hunter is able to escape at 1:02.

HUGE JAB LANDS FOR BOYER! JACE HUNTER LOOKS SERIOUSLY HURT! Boyer drives him into the cage. Can he finish this fight? Nice body shot lands for Boyer. What a cheap headbutt by Hunter! That one could really change the outcome of the fight. The ref separates the two fighters and gives Boyer time to recover. He also gives Jace Hunter an official warning. That was really a cheap move because Jace was nearly out, and with one cheap shot he is given time to recover.

It looks like that headbutt busted Dan “The Vampire” Boyer open on his forehead. Will that become a factor in this fight? If the fight is stopped as a result of that cut, Jace Hunter will win.

The action restarts. Boyer grabs Hunter in a clinch and goes for a knee to the head. Can't quite connect. And just like that “The Vampire” breaks the clinch. Now Jace Hunter forces the clinch and lands a nice uppercut from inside. “The Vampire” shoots in, and he has a leg sweep takedown. Jace Hunter has full guard at 1:45.

Hunter tries a neck crank, nothing there. He is very dangerous on the ground with submissions. Boyer would be smart to stand up. Hunter lands some nice shots to the head from the bottom. Jace Hunter grabs a leg and goes for a toe hold, Boyer slips out and both fighters get to their feet. Back in “The Vampire's” world.

Jace Hunter tries to force a clinch, no, but he is able to land a nice jab. Boyer fires a hook, it misses wildly, but Hunter lands a nice cross. Clinch, Boyer tries to land some knees, but they are all blocked. Hunter breaks free and misses with a cross.

Another clinch, Jace Hunter tries a head-lock takedown, no, “The Vampire” slips out. Still in the clinch, nice body shots land for Hunter. Jace Hunter now shoots in for a single-leg, Boyer defends it nicely. Another single-leg try, still can't get it. Jace Hunter really wants a takedown, but “The Vampire” refuses to be taken down.

Jace Hunter breaks the clinch and lands a nice hook. Boyer fakes with the left and lands a solid uppercut with the right. “The Vampire” tries to move to the inside, but gets hit with a nice leg kick. Jace Hunter looks like he is ready to shoot, but instead settles on a leg kick. He appears to be trying to weaken the legs of “The Vampire” in order to make the takedown easier.

Now Boyer lands a solid leg kick. He's giving Hunter a taste of his own medicine. “The Vampire” tries to get on the inside, nice jab by Hunter. Another jab lands for Jace Hunter and if he can continue to use the jab this well he could take control of the standup battle.

Final minute of the round. Jace Hunter lands a nice cross and moves to the inside where he follows it up with a nice body shot. “The Vampire” comes back with a solid elbow. Still in the clinch, NICE BODY SHOT BY “THE VAMPIRE!” THAT ONE REALLY HURT HUNTER! Jace Hunter has had the wind completely knocked from him, he is gasping for air. “The Vampire” wastes a lot of time, but finally lands a knee to the body. The final twenty seconds of the round are spent in the clinch with little action from either fighter. Jace Hunter looks completely gassed as he walks to his corner! I don't think he can last much longer.

Round 2:

“The Vampire” comes out quick and tries to get on the inside, but Jace Hunter is able to keep him at a distance by landing a nice jab. Now Boyer is able to get the clinch and misses with an uppercut. If that one had landed it may have been the end of the fight. “The Vampire” breaks the clinch. Jace Hunter drives “The Vampire” into the cage, AND GETS HIS BACK AGAIN! Just like that “The Vampire” escapes. He needs to break the habit of giving up his back. That is the worst position you can be in in MMA.

“The Vampire” tries to get on the inside again, but just like last nice Hunter lands a nice jab. Without missing a beat, “The Vampire” fires back with a body shot that lands nicely. Another clinch, and Boyer looks for a takedown, no, and now Hunter is looking for a takedown. Nothing there and they maintain the clinch. Nice elbow from “The Vampire” and he breaks free at 1:17.

Yet another clinch, and “The Vampire” lands a solid body shot from the inside. LOOKS LIKE JACE HUNTER HAS A STANDING NECK CRANK! IT IS IN DEEP, THIS MAY BE THE END OF THIS FIGHT! Hunter holds it for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, still no tap out. How long can he hold out? Hunter has now had the hold locked in for 30 seconds, he must not have it locked in completely right. Forty seconds now, and “The Vampire” slips out. WOW!

Jace Hunter drives Boyer into the corner and once again gets his back. “The Vampire” breaks free quickly. Both guys are completely worn out. “The Vampire” forces a clinch, that neck crank REALLY took a lot out of him. Nice body shot lands for Boyer. Still tied up, as both guys are trying to catch their breath.

They break apart and Boyer lands a nice jab followed up by another jab. Doubling up on the jab is the most effective way to throw it. Final minute of the round, both guys are completely gassed. Nice jab lands cleanly for Jace Hunter. “The Vampire” fires a jab, hook, uppercut combo, but none of them land. Hunter looking for a clinch, BUT HE GETS ROCKED WITH A STIFF JAB! CAN “THE VAMPIRE FINISH IT HERE? Boyer follows it up with a nice uppercut, but I don't think he has the energy to finish this.

Final 15 seconds, “The Vampire” forces a clinch and lands a solid body shot. Hunter breaks the clinch and LANDS A HUGE JAB OF HIS OWN! NOW “THE VAMPIRE” LOOKS SERIOUSLY HURT! The jab was landed with just two seconds left, so the round ends before Hunter can follow up on it.

I will go out on a limb and predict this fight doesn't go the distance. Both guys look finished right now, one good shot could end it for either guy. What a close fight.

Round 3:

The fighters come out for round three, and Dan “The Vampire” Boyer looks a little fresher than Jace Hunter. Jace Hunter can't even hold his hands up. He is completely worn out.

“The Vampire” scores first and lands a nice jab early in the round. Jace Hunter retreats, he is really breathing heavily. “The Vampire” with another jab, it gets partially blocked, but his second one gets through cleanly. Jace Hunter looks hurt, but “The Vampire” seems content to keep his distance and catch his breath.

Jace Hunter lands a solid leg kick and then a jab. Now “The Vampire” retreats and is taken down with a single-leg at 1:17.

Dan “The Vampire” Boyer has full guard. Jace Hunter is looking to pass the guard, but instead lands a nice series of shots from the top. “The Vampire” comes back with some weaker shots from the bottom that land cleanly. Jace Hunter drives “The Vampire” into the cage. Looks like a key-lock by Hunter, he can't hold on to it as Boyer slips out of it easily. “The Vampire” still has full guard and works his way off the fence at 2:20.

Nothing happening at all. “The Vampire” has Hunter locked up and seems to be hoping for a standup. Just like that, Hunter tries another key-lock and Boyer slips out easily again. The ref asks for more action at 3:15, apparently he isn't satisfied with just one half-assed attempt at a key-lock in just under a minute. “The Vampire” lands a couple series of shots from the bottom and a standup is ordered at 3:28.

Back to the feet, both guys are completely exhausted. “The Vampire” lands a solid jab, and Jace Hunter forces a clinch. Nice knees from the clinch score for Hunter. “The Vampire” drives Hunter into the fence and both guys appear to be stalling. Nice shot cross lands for Boyer at 4:03.

Jace Hunter retreats and lands a nice low kick. Another low kick scores for Hunter. Final thirty seconds, nice jab by “The Vampire.” The follow up jab is partially blocked. Both guys take a bit of a break and “The Vampire” lands a hook, body shot combo as the bell rings signaling the end of the fight.

Very tough fight to score. I can't even predict a winner, both guys earned it in this one.

Decision:

The time-limit has expired and this fight must go to the judges....

Judge number one scores the bout 29-28....

Judge two has the fight 30-28....

and judge number three scores the fight 29-28....For your winner by unanimous decision....
DAN “THE VAMPIRE” BOYER!

Winner: Dan “The Vampire” Boyer

Team Shamrock retains control of Welterweight match-ups. Send in a fight by 5:00 PM EST Wednesday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM SEVERN:

Welterweights:

Heavyweights:

Owen Hunter (Sublime 2)--advances to semi-finals
Tomas "TKO" Ortega (Ram)
Dan "The Trash Man" Gand

TEAM SHAMROCK:

Welterweights:

Miles Esterhaus (NTNDeacon)--advances to semi-finals
Lucas Black (hoopsguy)
Dan "The Vampire" Boyer (tberg420)--advances to semi-finals
Bladed Doom (Blade6119)

Heavyweights:

Ace Idol (BYU 14)
Jeff Riddle (JeffNights)
Koloski “the Polish” Hammer (astrofans64)--advances to semi-finals

Eliminated:

Welterweight:

Jace Hunter (Travis)

Heavyweight:

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-19-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #72
astrosfan64
College Prospect

"This is great, I love this dynasty."

Da Polish Hammer made "Java" his boy toy. Da Polish Hammer, ground him into a fine powder.

You've been decafinated "Java".

My sister kicks harder then he did. I toyed with him for a bit. My good friend "Tank" abbot, told me to really enjoy the girly fighters. The sound he made as I hit him, was quite arrousing.

The polish hammer is done speaking, so get out of my face.

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 04-19-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 AM   #73
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

completely finished now. For those following live, it was very much posted out of order , now it should be easier to follow and read.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #74
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Poor showing by Team Severn tonight, despite our guys giving all they had. Lets pick it up though boys.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 AM   #75
hoopsguy
General Manager

Team Shamrock owns - three straight wins after the one lucky punch win for Severn.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #76
tberg420
n00b

The Vampire felt the need to give everyone a good solid 3 round showing. I may not be the smartest fighter on this show but I will not tire out and I will not be submitted either.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #77
marshall881
Mascot

If Esterhaus does not make the finals, Keane would be very interested in anothe r chance to put a beating on him.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #78
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Still waiting for one last fight. May pass the decision off to someone else if the captain doesn't get it in quick.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #79
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Who does the Hammer Smash next?

Hmmmm.......
Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #80
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The Little Asian man can't wait.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 AM   #81
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

it's late, i'm going to bed, expect a double episode on thursday. If you haven't fought yet, you will fight on thursday.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #82
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bump, you hater.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #83
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Dubb turn it up a notch. Da Polish Hammer is getting itchy to Smash someone.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #84
Poli
FOFC Survivor

DUBB!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #85
JeffNights
College Prospect

BUMP!!
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #86
tberg420
n00b

Apparently Dubb is on a fishing vacation. He should be back around on Thursday.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #87
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I pity the fool!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #88
marshall881
Mascot

Bump!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #89
astrosfan64
College Prospect

BUMP Dubb you are back and must continue!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #90
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, before I go to Africa.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #91
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Yeah, before I go to Africa.
Rumble in the Jungle!!!!!! Ill miss ya buddy
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #92
astrosfan64
College Prospect

bump
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #93
WVUFAN
College Starter

Did this die, or just continued off-board?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote