Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathums Football Betting Dynasty

Football is a sports I love to bet on.

I figured it would be fun to make my picks and track my results here. Feel free to make your own pick/comments.

Current Record 83-82-4

Last edited by Lathum : 11-03-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So far I have no respect for your picks

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-28-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I will try and change that
Old 08-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

How many Lathums will be betting?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thursday 9/28 Picks

South Carolina vs. NC State- I like the under 45. USC has a first time starter at QB and combine that with opening game nerves I think it will be low scoring.

Oregeon St v Stanford- I like the Beavers -3.5. Conference wins are huge in the PAC 10. Oregeon state finished strong last year with a bowl win against Maryland. Stanford obviously had the huge win lasy year against USC and played alot of closer game. I see it being close for 3 quarters then OSU pulling away late.

Wake Forest Vs. Baylor- Take Wake giving the 12.5, I hate giving so many points on the road but Wake is gonna want to prove they belong in the top 25, have a good returning defense and Baylor is dreadfull. I see Wake winning 35-14.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was also tempted to take UTEP
Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
saldana
Pro Starter

didnt you do this a couple years ago, and you told us how much you started with and were trying to go the entire season without going broke?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
didnt you do this a couple years ago, and you told us how much you started with and were trying to go the entire season without going broke?

no.

I bet the under in every preseason game and followed that.

anyway, what is your point?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
no.

I bet the under in every preseason game and followed that.

anyway, what is your point?

no point, i just couldnt remember if you did this before.

i am honestly intrigued to see if your increase in poker playing ability has translated into an improvement in your sports betting, as I have always thought you had some poor habits in taking way too many overs.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
saldana
Pro Starter

looking good for the under at end of the first q
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2-0 so far but Oregeon State looks like they are gonna shit the bed
Old 08-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

man, the Beavers had a chance and blew it.

Still 2-1 on the day.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Friday 9/29

SMU v Rice. Take the under 70. That is a huge number. both teams throw the ball around but with the new clock rule in place and it being the first game of the season 70 is a huge number.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well SMU fucked me with an insane amount of bad turnovers in the second half.

Was a fun game to watch but thats about it
Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 AM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Saturday 9/30

Hawaii V Florida - I like the Gators -35. Amazing offense, a warriors team that lost its QB and coach in the offseason and a 6000 mile flight. I see Fla winning easily, something like 55-10.

Clemson V Alabama- I like the over 46. Not a huge number for a tigers team returning alot of talent on offense. Plus the game is in a dome which helps the over.

Akron V Wisconsin-Expect a repeat from last years 20-2 drubbing at Ohio State. Take Wisconsin -27.

W Michagin V Nebraska. Take Nebraska -14.5. Tis is the kind of game the Huskers always win big early and make people think they are better then they really are.

Washington V Oregon- I like washington +14. The ducks lose a ton on offense from last year. I think Jake Locker keeps this one close.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2-3 yesterday, the only game I missed bad on the washington who lookes badly overmatched.

Wisconsin and Clemson just missed, with Clemson looking really bad.

Todays games I like the over 55.5 in the KY-Louisville game. Neither team like to play defense very much.

I also like the over 56 in the Colorado-Colorado State game. Both teams played alot of high scoring games last year. CU is looking to turn the program around and have a winning season and a fast start agains CSU will be a huge boost. Both teams also have inexperienced corners which could lead to some big passing plays.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-31-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Louisville is dreadfull, just dreadfull
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

not a good day yesterday.

Louisville was terrible and I suffered the old dreadfull 1 point loss in the CU-CSU game.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, back on the horse today.

I like Fresno State getting 3.5. The line has moved from 5 so they are taking a ton of money and I think they could win outright. This is a tough pick for me as a huge RU fan, my dad went there and has been taking me to games there my whole life and one of my best friends is a member of the football staff so I follow them closely. Not sure how RU will respond to losing Rice and some talent on the O-Line.

I love UT -8 against a UCLA team that appears to be in an offensive disarray.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, looking to improve my record.

I like the Under 41 in the Giants-Skins game. There will be alot of nerves and emotions to start the game and I think each team will get a slow start. I like the giants 17-14 with a late field goal.

South Carolina looked great last weak and now goes on the road. I think Spurrier looks to keep the momentum going and Vandy looked good on the road. Both teams put up over 30 so I like the over 42 in this one.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #21
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Good luck man.

I took NYG -4.0, and Vandy +10.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like the over 64 in the NAvy- Ball St game.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, Todays games

I love UConn -6.5 against Temple. Uconn had a great year last year, solid D and a good coach. Geets a tougher test against Temple today but I think they are up for it.

Nebraske -27.5 against San Jose State. Same reason as last week. Nebraska always looks like world beaters against bottom feeders and makes everyone think they are better then they really are. San Jose State struggled to beat UC Davis and now gets a much tougher test.

Cincinnati +23 ay Oklahoma. UC was a very good team last year. They have a great D that can capitilize on mistakes. The QB play is somewhat of a question but Brian Kelly is as good a young coach as there is and will have his guys ready. ( having attended UC this may be a homer pick)

Central Michigan +25.5 against Georgia- Georgia looked less them inpressive over G Southern and gets a tougher game against a pesky MAC school.

ECU vs WVU -48. Weather may be a huge factor in this game. IT could be played in a monsoon.

Miami +23.5 against Fla- That is a huge number in an interstate rivalry. Looking at the talent on both teams I dont see a 23.5 point differencce. I think the game is alot lower scoring them people think.

Pitt -13.5 Against Buffalo. I think they come out angry after a loss last week.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #24
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Just to keep lathum company..

Michigan +14
Wyoming -2.5
Miss +7.5
Akron +4.5
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 09-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #25
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Well I suck.. Night games..

T. Tech -10
OK State -15
Old 09-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

NFL Plays:

Miami +3
Houston +7
Buffalo -1
San Francisco +2.5
Old 09-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #27
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

glad Neq has joined me

NFL

Pats -16. Weather could be a factor, but I am gonna ride them until they prove me wrong. They made me a ton of money last year.

Cowboys-Browns +49. A bad browns D and a healthy TO make for a lethel combo. I think the boys win big. Something like 38-17.

Seahawks +1.5 v Buffalo. I know Hassleback didn't play much but he is a vet and knows how to get himself ready. The hawks are gonna wanna get out of the gate quick in Holmgrens last season.

Texans-Steelers +43. This steelers team likes to sling the rock morh then in the past. Big Ben had a nice year throwing the ball last year and I think that continues.

Saints- 3.5. I think the team will be emotionaly fired up and Brees will go back to MVP form. TB's is a year older and at some point gonna hit a wall, may be this season.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #28
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vikings- Packers. I like the Vikings getting 2. I think AP controls the game and a very good Vikings D gets to Rodgers often.

Vikings- Packers. I like the under 38. I see alot of running and punting in this game.

Broncos -3. I think Cutler has a big year now that his health problems are figured out. And any chance Shannahan gets to stick it to the raiders he does.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #29
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Hah, I am on the opposite sides on both calls. We might as well turn this into a competition.

I have GB coming off an emotional offseason and winning at home. And I have Oakland +3 over an overrated Denver team. I took the points but am also considering just taking Oakland straight up.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like the under 48 in the Rutgers game
Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #31
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Today I took both favorites, USF -3.5 and Baylor -3.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think USF is gonna show up.

I am gonna take USF -3.5 and also the over 49. I think Grothe makes some big plays with his legs.

Washington state has given up 104 points in its first 2 games. I'll take the over 48.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Saturdays bets

Clemson -21. NCState is really bad, the struggled to beat William and Mary. Clemson gets things on track this game.

Oregeon -8. They have a scary good offense.

Georgia -7. This line seems almost to good to be real but I;ll bite

Penn st- 'cuse I like the +51. Penn State may get 51 themselves.

Ga Tech +7 against Va Tech. Ga Tech played a solid game against BC and Va Tech cant score. As long as Ga Tech holds up on special teams I think they cover

Oklahoma -21 at Washington. I hate such a big road favorite but UW is gonna be defeated after what happened last week.

USC -12.5. They win big I think.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #34
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The line is way too fishy but I took Georgia -7 too.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #35
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Washington PK
Oakland +3.5
St. Louis +9
Jacksonville -4.5
San Francisco +6.5
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #36
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

had a good day yesterday.

Todays NFL games.

OK-KC -36, neither teams have much offense and a new starting QB in KC.

Saints -1. Redskins have no starter and looked bad against the Giants. NO had a nice win against a gritty TB team.

GB-DET +46. Rodgers is gonna carve up a horrible D that got wrecked by Matt Ryan and Michael Turner in week 1. The Lions figure to score some points at home in the dome, I think it's a shootour with GB winning 35-21.

Giants-Rams +43.5. St. Louises offense can't be that bad, right....right????

49ers +7 at Seattle. This seahawks teams lack of receivers was so obvious, I feel horrible for Hasselback. I think the niners may win outright.

J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS!!! +1. I think Farve has a monster game in his first home match as a Jet.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #37
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tough game tonight. Both teams looks great against bad competition last week.

TO stirring up shit doesn't exactly help.

I like the +47 and the Eagles +7
Old 09-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Taking Louisville tonight, hoping to get the line up to +6...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #39
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i like the underv 56
Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #40
st.cronin
General Manager

Looking at FF's model, he has Louisville over KState against the odds, but Colorado over WVU against the odds.

Code:
9/17 Kansas State (2-0) Louisville (1-1) Louisville -11 Kansas State -4 9/18 West Virginia (1-1) Colorado (2-0) Colorado -3 West Virginia -3

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 09-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #41
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nothing kills an under bet like an 86 yard punt return
Old 09-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #42
st.cronin
General Manager

My picks for the weekend:

Wake Forest +4 @ Florida State
Vanderbilt +6 @ Mississippi
Auburn +3 vs. Louisiana State
New Mexico State +6 @ Texas El Paso (best bet)

Edit: Actually, the three road dogs I will probably just take straight up, including NM State.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 09-18-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love Wake in that game also. It's a statement game and FSU has only played 2 1AA schools so far
Old 09-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like WVU -3 and the over 57 tominght
Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #45
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I had WVU -3 as well.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #46
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

saturdays games

Penn St -29.5. They have been laying thumpings on people all year.

ECU -7 vs NC State. this is a chance for them to show they are for real if they put a big number up.

Eastern Michagan +21 vs Maryland- People re all fired up over their win against cal.

Missouri +71. They may put 71 up by themselves.

UNC -3.5 vs Va Tech. This is the week we see if they are for real.

Oregeon -10.5 against Boise St. I see a home beat down coming.

Wake +5. FSU is over rated as usual.

LSU- Auburn -37. 3-2, need i say more.

UNLV -2 vs Iowa St. Coming off a big win gonna roll with the momentum.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #47
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Chiefs-Falcons -37. 2 young QB's and teams that run.

Giants-Bengals- +42. I think giants win big

Cards +3 at redskins. Cards looked great last week.

Miami +13. I think they find a way to hang in.

Rams +10 at Seattle. The Hawks arent good enough to be a 10 point fav against anyone.

49ers vs Lions +47. Was JT O'sullivan a fluke last week?

Broncos saints +52. Saints play no D.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #48
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

GB +3
Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #49
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like the over 47 tonight
Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #50
st.cronin
General Manager

I never bet the NFL, but I think Jets +4 looks very tempting.

knives out