Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Office Oddity

So a guy moved into a cubicle a couple away from me yesterday. He has this super bright white light on his desk, it appears to be at least 100 watts and the bulb is exposed on the bottom with a cone-shaped shroud, attached to this flexible arm. He sits at his desk with this light aimed directly at the side of his own face. The exposed bulb is about 6 inches from the right side of his face, just burning like a thousand suns into his skin while he types away.

WTF?? Is there some sort of science that could explain why he does this? I'm super, super confused.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 04-15-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jaundice?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

I bet that's it. I can't imagine how his setup wouldn't just blind the crap out of him or drive him insane but at least it seems to have some kind of logic behind it.

Thanks!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Whenever I indulge in a little self-pity over whatever, I remind myself that I haven't had to sit in a cubicle for more than 17 years.

I still remember the '90s when Seattle-area tech companies were so desperate for programmers that they started encouraging people to take their dogs to work.

I walked out of an interview one time when on an office tour and some nameless manager pointed out, with pride, that Scruffy spent the day near his desk. Meanwhile, Scruffy proudly pointed out, just about on cue, that he could mark his territory with the best of 'em.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Beat me to it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote