Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #751
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lathum, I know you were in Cavell and that you left Cavell. I don't have any other information on the matter, but I do find it curious that the other people I saw in Cavell who left were all seen by Mr. Wednesday. That is an awfully big part of my motivation in voting for you.

He claims he never left clavell, so if you saw him leave...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #752
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
My father has had a heart attack. I am not officially dropping out of the game, yet, but my participation will be limited for a bit.

Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you both.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #753
Blade6119
Coordinator

Cronin, best of wishes buddy...i hope he is alright!
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #754
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
ok, i was rereading things from yesterday looking for things alan said i missed, and noticed this post from Blade.

if blade spent all his money on an urchin for last night, what was he doing out at the same time?

hookers and opium cost 5 shillings a piece, and Alan and I have both stated that we tried to buy the urchin....i bid 6 and didnt get it, so if blade started with the same 10 shillings I had, why was he out at all last night, since he spent didnt have the cash to do anything. (We know he was out since he went to the alarm raised by mr W.)

hopefully he will be back to answer this for me.

What if he runs the opium den? I don't know one way or another, but it might be an excuse for being out. That would also tie in with the idea of special roles having the same abilities regarding prostitutes/opium/urchins.

What I find more interesting is Lathum saying that he was going to look for hoops specifically. I can't specify a prostitute, just the areas I'd like to look for one.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #755
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

VOTE LATHUM

I don't see myself as in-danger tonight anymore, and as I've said, I believe Mr. Weds to be innocent, perhaps engaged in some type of "constable" or "sherlock holmes" type action, so I am taking my vote off of him and putting it into Lathum for the reasons I said in my earlier post.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #756
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
In my dream, I saw them exchange money and Barkeep lead him away, into a room.

And then Barkeep said he got info attesting to his being good, if I recall. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #757
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. I know that I do not have the ability to declare that I'm going to find a specific person - instead I can declare what district to visit. Do other people have the ability to specify a person instead of a zone with their actions? Or is this just an attempt to get me to admit to a role that I may or may not have?

Oops, I guess hoops already brought it up. That's what I get for posting before reading everything.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #758
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Saldana, I agree there are some inconsistencies to be found in Blade's versions of how his mechanic works. But he was the first person to come out with the urchin ability that has been widely commented upon since that time. That carried a decent amount of weight for me. Enough that I, for now, will treat incongruent statements from Blade as in keeping with his sometimes wild/erratic play as a good guy.

I think it is a point worth scrutinizing further if there is sufficient push-back from people claiming the same role. Dubb, Alan, Path, others ... your thoughts?

I think it might be worth coming back to, but all and all Blade seems to be on the same page as I so far. I think we've got better targets for right now.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #759
saldana
Pro Starter

in answer to the question about people and places, i can request to check 2 different areas for hookers, but may not find any
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #760
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i cannot look for a specific person
Old 11-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #761
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Im here for the next hour, but i have to write a paper in that time span and really need to focus on it...anyone have a question that cant wait until late tonight?

blade, i would like you to read post 720 and 725 and explain the discrepancies i noted.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #762
path12
Coordinator

Well, time to vote.

VOTE LATHUM

Reasons: Post #670: "I was searching for a prostitute when I realized I had been pick pocketed, I went off to look for the person who stole my money since obtaining a ladies services were out of the question."

Post #681: "If I was guilty the obvious move would be try and blend in with the pack, instead I went to find my money so I could get some tail..."

Post #693: "I knew hoops could vouch I was in that district since it was him (her?) I was going to see."

These do not match up with the way I understand the mechanics to be. Perhaps he has a role that allows him to do things somewhat differently, but there are holes in this story that I can't make sense of.

Couple that with the curious incident of four people being in an area and only three responding to a call for help and that explains my vote.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #763
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
ok, i was rereading things from yesterday looking for things alan said i missed, and noticed this post from Blade.

if blade spent all his money on an urchin for last night, what was he doing out at the same time?

hookers and opium cost 5 shillings a piece, and Alan and I have both stated that we tried to buy the urchin....i bid 6 and didnt get it, so if blade started with the same 10 shillings I had, why was he out at all last night, since he spent didnt have the cash to do anything. (We know he was out since he went to the alarm raised by mr W.)

hopefully he will be back to answer this for me.
You will notice, while at face value quite similar, our two roles(if you have what you claim) are different. The evidence you left out, which could be damning so i should mention it, includes the fact i only gain 2 gold a night in comparison with most peoples 3(DT claims to make 4, so take that for what you will). As well, i can ONLY bid for an urchin with the full 10 gold. This is more restricting then what you claim, where you bid whatever price you felt like.

Im in the fun situation of having a role that is not listed in the initial rules. It was the reason, if you go back and look, i believed JE when he revealed his role before the lynch. Becuase i knew their were roles not listed. You can hunt me if you would like, but it will yield you only another day of dissapointment and attempts at positve remarks after the death of a good guy just like my fellow un-listed brother, JE.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 PM   #764
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow guys. I am impressed by some of y'alls detective work. Lathum you definitly screwed up with what you said. People are stupid not to vote for you.

[b]unvote Mr. Wednesday[\b]

[b] vote lathum [b]
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #765
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Well, it looks like things are pretty settled. I have an intramural Ultimate game at 10 pm, so I need to leave now to get ready; if anything comes up, for better or for worse, I won't be able to address it until after I get back.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Wow guys. I am impressed by some of y'alls detective work. Lathum you definitly screwed up with what you said. People are stupid not to vote for you.

[b]unvote Mr. Wednesday[\b]

[b] vote lathum [b]

i didn't screw up at all, i am going to refrain from further comment
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #767
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
He claims he never left clavell, so if you saw him leave...

I saw four people in Cavell, but they left. It does not specifically mention Lathum, but three of the people certainly did show up in Commercial, responding to a cry for help. The other is Lathum.

If he did not in fact leave Cavell then I guess I'm doing a horrible job of reading comprehension. I'll post the PM in its entirety in the post-game for people to analyze if this proves to be the case.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #768
path12
Coordinator

I was trying to peg roles on him to explain away the parts of the story that weren't making sense. I'd assume that any lawmen/detectives/watchmen in the area would respond to a call for help. I was thinking bordello mum until he mentioned looking for some tail. The only wildcard for me right now is freemason.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #769
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

unvote mr wednesday

vote lathum

Lathum you definitly screwed up pal. Sorry to see you go. If you turn up good I will appologize a million times. but if you are bad then uhm... well i dont know. You can think of something
Old 11-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #770
path12
Coordinator

dola, I'm also assuming that urchins are not looking for prostitutes.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #771
path12
Coordinator

Damnit, missed the dola again.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #772
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well, I have caught up. I like that I am seeing a few people drop some specific details into the conversation, as I feel like certain items are far too similar to my own to be ignored.

Unfortunately for him, I think Lathum claiming the ability to seek out a particular person, rather than an area, is too inconsistent to my own information, and what I have leared of others, so I'm going to go with him.

Vote Lathum

For it only being day 2, I feel pretty decent about the evidence available in making this vote.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #773
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Yes, I was robbed. I had to use some of the money I had replace what was stolen.

DC, I just noticed this. What do you mean?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #774
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you know what LSG, you're really pissing me off saying I screwed up when I didn't screw up at all so wait until you get the whole story before you become critical about my play.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #775
path12
Coordinator

I hate when nobody comes to the vote leaders defense at all. Always makes me nervous.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #776
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you know what LSG, you're really pissing me off saying I screwed up when I didn't screw up at all so wait until you get the whole story before you become critical about my play.

Lathum, direct your anger to me...just relax a little, think about how much more you hate me then her, and let it slide. I get knocks like that quite regularly, to the point where my name and play style have become acceptable replacements for the words crazy and outlandish. Just brush it off and laugh as you bring about their deaths in the next 5 games...just wait, another egypt opportunity will come your way
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #777
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Lathum, calm down. In 25 minutes we will see
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #778
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I hate when nobody comes to the vote leaders defense at all. Always makes me nervous.
In this game it likely means he either has a special role(those dont have allies really) for good or evil, or he is just really unlucky in that whoever his night 0 visit was hates him and wants him dead
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #779
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote Lathum

I'm not sure how long I'll be in the game (because of internet issues), but I feel obligated to vote. This seems to be the best bet.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #780
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
In this game it likely means he either has a special role(those dont have allies really) for good or evil, or he is just really unlucky in that whoever his night 0 visit was hates him and wants him dead

Based on the story so far, how many good roles can you slot him in?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #781
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
You will notice, while at face value quite similar, our two roles(if you have what you claim) are different. The evidence you left out, which could be damning so i should mention it, includes the fact i only gain 2 gold a night in comparison with most peoples 3(DT claims to make 4, so take that for what you will). As well, i can ONLY bid for an urchin with the full 10 gold. This is more restricting then what you claim, where you bid whatever price you felt like.

Im in the fun situation of having a role that is not listed in the initial rules. It was the reason, if you go back and look, i believed JE when he revealed his role before the lynch. Becuase i knew their were roles not listed. You can hunt me if you would like, but it will yield you only another day of dissapointment and attempts at positve remarks after the death of a good guy just like my fellow un-listed brother, JE.

relax there big guy...if you go back to yesterday, i had you listed as a solidly trusted player, and thought we both had the same role...apparently we have similar roles if yours is one that isnt listed...mine is just a normal londoner, which explains the differences...if you note, i never voted for you, or even pushed hard...i asked other people what they thought of the things i noticed, but i hardly think waiting for 2 or 3 hours for you to show up and explain yourself qualifies as hunting you
Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #782
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ok. i'm around but this seems pretty settled-in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #783
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
relax there big guy...if you go back to yesterday, i had you listed as a solidly trusted player, and thought we both had the same role...apparently we have similar roles if yours is one that isnt listed...mine is just a normal londoner, which explains the differences...if you note, i never voted for you, or even pushed hard...i asked other people what they thought of the things i noticed, but i hardly think waiting for 2 or 3 hours for you to show up and explain yourself qualifies as hunting you

No, it does not...but i know what the reaction was when JE revealed...much of an eh, he sound evil anyways. My role title, though on the side of good, is dark in nature. I was hoping to blend in as long as i could(though i was quite honest with all of my facts), seeing people begin to realize i am different i would like to nip any problems in the bud before its too late. With my schedule the next few days i wont have much time to defend myself until its too late to stop a bandwagon, and would rather prefer i prevented such actions from occuring now.

If you would like my role title im willing to be forthcoming, if you work under the basis despite its WW-potential to be evil, i work for good.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #784
Blade6119
Coordinator

And it would explain more why i was out and about last night(which was you major concern), and even to a greater extent then you even think
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #785
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, direct your anger to me...just relax a little, think about how much more you hate me then her, and let it slide. I get knocks like that quite regularly, to the point where my name and play style have become acceptable replacements for the words crazy and outlandish. Just brush it off and laugh as you bring about their deaths in the next 5 games...just wait, another egypt opportunity will come your way

Blade, I appreciate the words, I really sincerly do but that's not the point. When people use words like "screwed up" it is very negative and since I didn't that annoys me and I consider it a personal attack.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #786
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Actually it's pretty nice that Sherlock and Watson would come to one another's aid just like the Chief and Lestrade would do the same. From what I can tell from the descriptions, none of the bad guys would work together except for possibly Moriarty and Fagin.

So it may be a good sign.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #787
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time check.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #788
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The deadline has passed. Computing votes now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #789
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, it does not...but i know what the reaction was when JE revealed...much of an eh, he sound evil anyways. My role title, though on the side of good, is dark in nature. I was hoping to blend in as long as i could(though i was quite honest with all of my facts), seeing people begin to realize i am different i would like to nip any problems in the bud before its too late. With my schedule the next few days i wont have much time to defend myself until its too late to stop a bandwagon, and would rather prefer i prevented such actions from occuring now.

If you would like my role title im willing to be forthcoming, if you work under the basis despite its WW-potential to be evil, i work for good.

your title wont be needed...i trusted you before, got a little suspicious, and now trust you again....you have already shown more knowledge of abilities similar to mine than a wolf could have, so i am very sure we are on the same team.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #790
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Blade, I appreciate the words, I really sincerly do but that's not the point. When people use words like "screwed up" it is very negative and since I didn't that annoys me and I consider it a personal attack.

Lathum I hope you know me well enough to know that I would never personally attack anybody, especially you.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #791
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum I hope you know me well enough to know that I would never personally attack anybody, especially you.

i do but i am very frustrated and you will understand soon, it just struck a nerve...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #792
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

fwiw, I would have voted for me today also
Old 11-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #793
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
fwiw, I would have voted for me today also
Ahh, trying the reverse psychology of the self vote after the deadline to sway voters...its a bold move, lets see if it pays off

Always a pleasure Lathum, i hope we get to play together again soon so i can continue to go out of my way and keep paying you back for how badly you owned me in Egypt with that mid-day kill.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #794
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, i voted for you for strictly in game reasons, i just joke a lot as im sure your aware. No hard feelings, other then my still bruised ego
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #795
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Cheif you are slow :-)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

no worries Blade
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #797
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cheif you are slow :-)

Heh heh sorry, you guys change your votes too much.

Write up coming now.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #798
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

:o
I want cool smilies like bullet
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #799
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just got in.. is deadline an hour later than last night or did I just have too much to drink tonight?

My comment about Blade's story.. I originally assumed he had the same role as me and said he spent all of his money so as to not attract pickpockets, when in fact he only spent 8 shilling, leaving him 2 + a 3 shilling daily allowence for a night action.

Either that or waiting to trap folks claiming similar roles not knowing the full story, or not realizing how many people have a similar role. I left it as that and didn't really call him on the descrepencies because I know -someone- trumped my orphan bid and I had bid a fair amount. Without anyone else coming out and saying they got the urchins instead of blade, I assume his story is true.

If his role is indeed different, then he goes in the same category as DaddyTorgo for me to consider perhaps. My instincts still tell me he is ok though, but I guess I am starting to wonder if he had some other ability such as the role of Fagin.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #800
st.cronin
General Manager

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I haven't really read any of the thread since this morning, but I'm not planning on doing any traveling, and should have time to catch up tomorrow.

My father is in stable condition, at Duke University Hospital, scheduled for something called a "stent" which sounds fairly routine.

We have had not a traditional father-son relationship, and at times it has been quite difficult. Despite this, I am extremely fond of him, and can't imagine a world without him in it. This experience has been quite disorienting. He is young, and has essentially zero risk factors, so it's been a shock to everybody. I am going to press on with my life as best I can.

Again, thanks to everybody for ... well, for being here.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote