Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
james17
n00b

Bug or Something I'm Doing Wrong

This has happened to me twice now at the end of a season in which I play out the FOF Bowl game. At the end of the game, when exiting the week on the play it out page, the program bombs out to desktop before a save can be made.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, is there a work around or an answer?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by james17 : 08-27-2020 at 04:38 PM.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 04:48 PM   #2
james17
n00b

Am I the only one this has ever happened to? I play out all my games and except for the FOF championship game they always finish fine.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
triplykely
Mascot

Never had that issue but have had random crashes. The only thing that seems connected during my crashes is that I click to fast moving around the UI. I just save regularly and it doesn’t cause me issues. The end of year is a data dump point if I’m not mistaken and the game is doing more processing that normal. Not sure if you’re trying to save or do something else right away but maybe that’s the issue. Wish I could help, have you tried without calling plays in the championship? Obviously you’re calling them because you enjoy it but I’ve only won the championship when swimming so I haven’t been in that exact situation before.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
james17
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
Never had that issue but have had random crashes. The only thing that seems connected during my crashes is that I click to fast moving around the UI. I just save regularly and it doesn’t cause me issues. The end of year is a data dump point if I’m not mistaken and the game is doing more processing that normal. Not sure if you’re trying to save or do something else right away but maybe that’s the issue. Wish I could help, have you tried without calling plays in the championship? Obviously you’re calling them because you enjoy it but I’ve only won the championship when swimming so I haven’t been in that exact situation before.

Well, after the crash at the very end of the game when it should be moving to the next week, I do sim the game until I get a win/loss achieved by play-calling. When simming, the game ends fine and the time advances to the 'End Season' stage OK. It only crashes when play-calling the championship game.

Thanks for your input. Guess it's a bug. I'll have to post it over in the bug forum unless somebody else has anything to add.

Just had an idea. Maybe next time I'm in the same situation, I'll just sim out the last play of the game and see if it crashes then.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:29 AM   #5
tzach
High School JV

i tested and it also crashes for me. it looks like we will have to file a solecismic bug report
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:18 PM   #6
james17
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
i tested and it also crashes for me. it looks like we will have to file a solecismic bug report

Hey thanks!!! At least I know it's not just me.

I just posted a bug report too.

Last edited by james17 : 08-31-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Thanks for your input. Guess it's a bug. I'll have to post it over in the bug forum unless somebody else has anything to add.
There is a bug forum?

I'd strongly recommend sending an e-mail to support, mentioned on the Solecismic website in the support FAQ section, next to last paragraph (File Not Found.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
james17
n00b

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
There is a bug forum?

I'd strongly recommend sending an e-mail to support, mentioned on the Solecismic website in the support FAQ section, next to last paragraph (File Not Found.

My mistake about the forum. I did go to Solecismic and filed a bug report which has been received.

Last edited by james17 : 09-02-2020 at 02:15 PM.