Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2020, 02:20 PM   #51
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Another favorite of mine was a Thuranger summer sausage sandwich. No condiments or cheeses.

I need to find some of that stuff. My Mom got it from a meat shop. I may go on a hunt soon.
You mentioned that, and I mentioned something from my childhood "Olive loaf." After saying something about, I got a bit of a craving. Olive loaf and pimento loaf was our go to "high fallutin" sandwich meat (along with Oscar Meyer Liverwurst). It just doesn't exist anymore. I guess those type of meats died when the thin-sliced meats started taking up freezer space. Shed a tear, and pour out some mayo for them.

GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #52
Libra
n00b

Tuna fish sammich on wheat. A little bit of mustard mixed in for some zing.
Libra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You mentioned that, and I mentioned something from my childhood "Olive loaf." After saying something about, I got a bit of a craving. Olive loaf and pimento loaf was our go to "high fallutin" sandwich meat (along with Oscar Meyer Liverwurst). It just doesn't exist anymore. I guess those type of meats died when the thin-sliced meats started taking up freezer space. Shed a tear, and pour out some mayo for them.

Olive loaf exists in cheap version from both Oscar Meyer and Carolina Pride. Don't see very often but now & then. Right now I could get the similarly made Oscar Meyer Ham & Cheese loaf and Pickle Loaf (where did that come from?)

Better versions - deli style in multi-pound blocks - appear to be only regionally available (and we ain't in that region)
Old 12-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #54
PilotMan
Head Coach

I only know of Olive Loaf courtesy of Ren and Stimpy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #55
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, shit. I love olive loaf. But yeah, the store around the corner has a really small deli and typically doesn't carry it. I think I've been able to get it at Walmart? It's been a while. I know Dietz and Watson still makes it and someone has to carry it around here. I don't know what their regional footprint is though.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #56
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I can't find it, or at least the Oscar Meyer version around here. I did find that Publix has the Boars Head version, in the behind the counter cut-by-the-pound version. Might have to try it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #57
cuervo72
Head Coach

Our Walmart does have it, $3.97/lb from Eckrich.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #58
booradley
High School Varsity

Tuna fish salad (made with Miracle Whip) sandwich on white, with an apple and - if we're talking optimal - Cheetos (fluffy kind). Problem was, my Mom would often put the sandwich at the bottom of the bag, where it would get all squishy and soggy and disgusting. My friends would all look on in sympathy when that happened. Full details are in the lawsuit ...