Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #251
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If I keep scanning him and he scans me, we're not doing any good,

I agree. We can't have you to scan each every day. Won't lead to anything. Especially since theres a chance one of you started the game as a Spawn, and if the other is turned scanning each other won't do any good.

It's my opinion having the nurse and the doctor both on the spawns's side is a huge boon and one of the first thing's they'd try to do, especially if one of them was bad to start with.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #252
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Five engineers - is there any reason we should not have all work on repairing the engine today? I don't see any if there is not any other equipment damaged. They don't have the luxury of defending. Will taking this action leave them exhausted or will a night action of sleep address this concern?

I believe only a night time nap will get me rested up so I'll be repairing. Already sent in my orders.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #253
Raiders Army
Coordinator

hoops, I'm glad you're along for this ride. You always provide some great info (even when you're not working on the side of angels). I'm too lazy to read back through the thread at this point to figure out all of the rules, so thanks for the update.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #254
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If the Spawn were to successfully attack the Water Plant they would first damage the water filters, preventing you from getting more water. If they successfully attacked again, while the water filters remained damaged, they could then cause a leak.

If this is the case, then it seems like we should go on another away mission for more water, so we're as stocked as possible when the engines are fixed.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #255
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And thanks for that post Hoops, I had been getting concerned about your affiliation .

Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #256
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I agree. We can't have you to scan each every day. Won't lead to anything. Especially since theres a chance one of you started the game as a Spawn, and if the other is turned scanning each other won't do any good.

It's my opinion having the nurse and the doctor both on the spawns's side is a huge boon and one of the first thing's they'd try to do, especially if one of them was bad to start with.
So do you suggest he scan me and I scan him?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #257
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Not wanting a repeat of yesterday Real Deal doing his best to look official approaches Bek and orders him to begin work on the engines. Bek gives Real a bit of a look like "of course I was going to do that" but never-the-less scurries off to the engine room.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #258
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
So do you suggest he scan me and I scan him?

No I was saying I agree we can't be doing that everyday, which includes today.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #259
RealDeal
High School Varsity

At this point, I'm just going to focus my AP on ordering folks (like bek) to repair the engine room until it is done.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #260
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Away team - we had 19.7 units of water, but should have consumed 5.25 last night (.25 * 21). So we have 14.5 (rounding) units of water, which is not quite enough to last for three days. I think we need to keep accumulating water. I just would not send engineers to get the water today.

Didn't see this post by hoopsguy. So I agree with it! However, my guess is that the spawn's strategy is not to kill us, but infect as many as possible -- another big away mission might help them out. I leave it to KWhit to decide how much water we need.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just curious why Bek and Bug are exhausted this morning when it was Bek and Jeff working last night? Also, there were engineers working during the day yesterday who rested last night and they are not exhausted? If this is the case then it clearly makes sense for the engineers to work during the day from an efficiency stand-point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #262
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I agree with those who say we need to stockpile water. I say we go on another away mission today, build up our water supply, and then stay inside the ship the next 2-3 days and just work on repairs and staying as safe as possible. Just my $.02
Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 AM   #263
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Defintly, engineers should be working every day as far as I can see. The only questions revolve around working or resting through the night.

I think he typo'd the exhaust on me.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #264
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, have a couple of questions:
1. After lift-off, no new survivors can become infected. Does the mean that spawnling attacks can no longer infect?
2. What is the rate of leaking? Is this a fixed rate or does it depend on the amount of damage sustained by the water tank?
3. I assume we still need water after lift-off - but how do we get it at that time? Are we still doing Away Team Missions?
4. Does the game start with a Spawn Queen and a Hive Mind? These roles are not listed under the "Unevolved Spawn" group which leads me to believe they are initial roles.
5. Do the spawns have "exhausted" as well? It seems like they do based on the "Mind Leech" description. If so, do spawn/spawnling attacks exhaust the spawns? This would make them less likely to attack on back-to-back nights.

1. Yes, the Spawn Queen loses her ability to create new Spawn.
2. The rate of leakage is based on the amount of damage done to the water tank. It will be a known rate.
3. Well for now you'll have to assume that you need to have enough reserves to last. Of your GM just *might* have an event planned for sometime either today or tomorrow that will change that information slightly
4. You can safely assume that these two roles were both present at the start of the game.
5. Spawn do not normally need sleep. However, if they preform a night duty (for instance if they are an engineer and choose to repair something) they may choose to become exhausted so as not to raise suspicion. If they choose this then they will need a night's rest in order to recover (although they may still preform a Spawn attack and be rested the next day).

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-07-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #265
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I would SUGGEST we go looking for water again today.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #266
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Defintly, engineers should be working every day as far as I can see. The only questions revolve around working or resting through the night.

I think he typo'd the exhaust on me.
Indeed it was a GM error. All three were working on the engines meaning you now have only 5 cycles left in order to repair fully.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #267
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, what was the original number of work-days required to repair the engine? Just want to use that number and work backwards to see how effectively we have been with repairing the engine.

Jeff, I'm expecting to have some time today to be more active than yesterday. As a sidenote, I'm pretty active in WW games no matter which side I'm on. So I'm not sure my posting should be considered proof positive that I'm a good guy.

Raiders - thanks for the kind words. Hoping that you and I are on the same side this time around. I'm interested to see how you play a game when you aren't evil

As far as infection goes, after re-reading the description from Barkeep there were 2-3 more crew members attacked by spawn. If this is the case then the game would have started with spawnlings and no defined spawn? Those spawnlings would evolve into spawn by today. But I would have expected spawnlings to attack on the first night in order to try and swell their numbers before emerging as full-blown spawn. Someone please jump in here if it sounds like I'm reading the spawn/spawnling roles incorrectly.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 AM   #268
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just curious why Bek and Bug are exhausted this morning when it was Bek and Jeff working last night? Also, there were engineers working during the day yesterday who rested last night and they are not exhausted? If this is the case then it clearly makes sense for the engineers to work during the day from an efficiency stand-point.

I was also interested to hear Mr. Bug's explanation on why he is exhausted this morning.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #269
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've only seen you on the side of good, and in my opinion, you've been more helpful and accurate than anyone.

But it was a combination of lurking a bit and no posts, like I said, wasn't getting ready to make an argument against you. I understand not to hold it against people for having these so called "Real Lives".

Old 09-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #270
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I was also interested to hear Mr. Bug's explanation on why he is exhausted this morning.

Typo by Barkeep. He worked on the engine room last night with me and bek. 5 cycles left to repair.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #271
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd also suggest #2 promote someone, anyone.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #272
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I saw in Post #86 that we needed 12 cycles to repair the engine. Have we really gotten seven repairs in already?

Jeff - every other Tuesday I'm in an all-staff meeting at work that makes my participation on those days pretty challenging. Plenty of other real-life stuff going on, but usually if I'm looking at the thread and I have more than five minutes then I'm going to be posting something.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #273
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Typo by Barkeep. He worked on the engine room last night with me and bek. 5 cycles left to repair.

Thanks for the clarification. I noticed that too after I hit submit.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #274
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
At this point, I'm just going to focus my AP on ordering folks (like bek) to repair the engine room until it is done.
I agree with this..
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #275
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'd also suggest #2 promote someone, anyone.
Hmm. Never mind. RealDeal, I'd suggest you promote someone tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #276
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, what was the original number of work-days required to repair the engine? Just want to use that number and work backwards to see how effectively we have been with repairing the engine.

There were 12 original cycles needed.

As noted above Mr. Bug was exhausted from working on the engines and was simply left off the list at first.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #277
hoopsguy
General Manager

Based on Barkeep's response in #264 the two main spawn roles start the game. I'm of the opinion that there would not be more than 1-2 spawnlings to start the game. The spawnling attack rate is only 40%. And they evolve into spawn which do not convert (again, someone please jump in and correct me if I'm reading the rules incorrectly). So I'm not terribly worried about conversions, at least not relative to attacking people or resources.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

In re-reading the Queen's description, she can launch regular or spawn attacks. Barkeep's reply in #264 makes more sense to me now. Hive Mind can only join spawn attacks.

In the initial description there are listings for "regular attack" and "spawnling attack" but not "spawn attack", as listed in the Queen/Hive descriptions. I'm now working under the impression that I've misread the whole "spawnling attack". Can spawnlings launch an attack or are they just incubating for one day before becoming spawn? If this is the case, then I need people to discard some of my spawnling/spawn thoughts from earlier as they were based on bad reading comprehension

One more question:
1.) Also, are private roles revealed upon death in this game?

Edited to modify question numbering.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 09-07-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #279
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
In re-reading the Queen's description, she can launch regular or spawn attacks. Barkeep's reply in #264 makes more sense to me now. Hive Mind can only join spawn attacks.

In the initial description there are listings for "regular attack" and "spawnling attack" but not "spawn attack", as listed in the Queen/Hive descriptions. I'm now working under the impression that I've misread the whole "spawnling attack". Can spawnlings launch an attack or are they just incubating for one day before becoming spawn? If this is the case, then I need people to discard some of my spawnling/spawn thoughts from earlier as they were based on bad reading comprehension

Spawnlings have no powers of Spawn. In fact not all spawnlings know that they are Spawnlings, and others might only have a few hints suggesting that they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff
One more question:
1.) Also, are private roles revealed upon death in this game?

You will know if it is a survivor or a Spawn. Additionally, if it is a Spawn you will know if it is the Hive Mind or Spawn Queen.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It is late morning and outside of the Security Headquarters a list goes up. It informs the people on it that they may stop by the Security HQ before the night cycles begins and pick up a phaser from SnDvls. The people on the list are:
SnDvls
Blade
Hoopsguy
Fouts
Schmidty
Old 09-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #281
Bek
High School JV

Thanks for odering me off to repair the engine room...i was going to take care of that. I found time now where i can check the forum every 2 hrs...which i will be doing...if you need to save pts then no need to order me around...sry again for day one...

Last edited by Bek : 09-07-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #282
KWhit
Coordinator

I will definitely be leading an away team today. It will include all privates and the scientist. However, I think I should also include the 2 security crewmen. They don't have any other action they can take during the day. The only downside to this is there is a 10% chance one of them could be infected during the mission.

I'll accept some suggestions from the crew before I make my decision. I am also open to following whatever the captain suggests.

Edit: I misspelled "captain."

Last edited by KWhit : 09-07-2005 at 12:05 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #283
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so based on the initial description in Post #86 we are probably starting with three spawn.

Quote:
As he went to investigate his sighting of Crystlium a mutant creature, unlike anything he had ever seen before came out of a crevice in the ground, and attacked him. If it hadn’t been for dumb luck, the crewman says, the creature would have succeeded in implanting itself in him. But worse, in the distance he could see what looked like two, maybe three, other members trying to battle similar creatures. While he couldn’t tell who the crewman were, after his battle he went to investigate, and could clearly see two sets of prints leading to a scuffle, but only one set, the human set, walking away.

So two of them were full-blown spawn - Queen and Hive. Third one was likely spawn as well - just don't think it makes sense to start with spawnlings.

I would guess that given the low % for the spawn attack that the Queen and Mind would work in conjunction to add to their ranks. This would also fit with the no apparent activity from the spawns yesterday.

This description raises some more questions:
Quote:
A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

1.) Does the state EXHAUSTED show up for spawns from this activity? If so, this could be a big-time indicator for spawn attacks if there is no other activity to explain their exhaustion.
2.) If a spawn is exhausted, does this prevent them from launching regular or spawn attacks until they have recovered?
3.) If the spawns can still attack while exhausted, is there a negative modifier on their attack, just as there is for the defender?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #284
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can the exhausted engineers participate in the away mission? If it is a short mission that does not consume APs. They should then sleep tonight to recover from exhausted and be able to work tomorrow. This makes sense to me since "Sleep" is only available as a Night activity. Obviously the same 10% risk comes into play for them.

Since we are currently flush with water I'm up for participating in the mission as well if it is a short mission. I would like to have my action point available for this evening if you are planning the long mission.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #285
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think that I should be included in all away missions as my presence can only help matters(per my role). And plus, with just a 10% chance of spawn infection that isn't really something that outweights the NEED for water. Once we liftoff the spawn will most likely be going after our water supply. Also I would assume if we can get some phasers on the away mission that would make the chance a little less than 10%.

Tonight I would say gaurd the engines with all we have. If they are protected tonight we should be able to lift off tomorrow.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #286
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Can the exhausted engineers participate in the away mission? If it is a short mission that does not consume APs. They should then sleep tonight to recover from exhausted and be able to work tomorrow. This makes sense to me since "Sleep" is only available as a Night activity. Obviously the same 10% risk comes into play for them.

Unless I'm misreading the rules, the exhausted engineers can still repair the engines today (which is what they should do). Then they should sleep tonight.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #287
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Since we are currently flush with water I'm up for participating in the mission as well if it is a short mission. I would like to have my action point available for this evening if you are planning the long mission.

You get 1 point for the day cycle and 1 for the night cycle, so you could do both a long mission today and still have a point for the evening.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #288
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm currently thinking of leading a long away mission including:

KWhit
dubb93 (Scientist)
hoopsguy (Galley Master)
Fouts (Security Crewman)
Schmidty (Security Crewman)
pennywisesb (Private)
Passacaglia (Private)
Marc Vaughan (Private)

If you have any strategic reason why I shouldn't do this (I may have missed a rule or something), let me know soon. I'll pm the mission to barkeep when I get back from lunch (30-45 mins).
Old 09-07-2005, 12:29 PM   #289
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Unless I'm misreading the rules, the exhausted engineers can still repair the engines today (which is what they should do). Then they should sleep tonight.

Yeah, this was what I was going to say.

I should be repairing the engine room now.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #290
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Nurse Raiders emerges from his offfice and goes to the Security Headquarters, promptly fetches King and goes back to the exam room. For the next hour or so you hear nothing, but then King comes out and resumes his work.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #291
Raiders Army
Coordinator

kingfc22 is clean. But he should get his genital warts checked out by the doc.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #292
Barkeep49
Coordinator

All of this discussion about who is repairing things causes someone to finally go to the engine room and discovers that sure enough there are three people currently working on the repairs there: Mr. Wednesday, Bek, and Jeff while Saldana and Mr. Bug are not there although there is no reason why they couldn't join in the repairs later.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very cool - then we will likely have the engine repaired by morning. So far each of the eight engineer actions have resulted in repairs; no one faking their efforts here.

There would seem to be a lot of incentive for the spawn to attack the engine room tonight and try to prevent us from lifting off tomorrow. Hopefully we can devote some resources to guarding this. The Sgt is still feeling well, but our security crewmen are both exhausted. If they are going to forego rest, I would hope that they act in concert to increase their odds of survival.

If we are able to bank a lot of water today (hoping to get at least enough to cover what we consume today, hopefully two days worth with bigger group) and take off tomorrow morning then it feels like we are moving into a strong position.

KWhit - thanks for the clarification on the action points. I'm happy to go on the trip today.

As far as voting goes today, I am still inclined to see us start moving in that direction. I don't have any particularly strong suspects at this point but the strong results by the engineers have them in a fairly trusted position at this moment. I would add the members of the water crew yesterday also fall under the same umbrella, based on their solid results. Finally, I would cite Kwhit as a person who has been active the first two days in a manner that seems very pro-crew.

Doctors have cleared Captain Enthusiast (via doc) and Dr Vince (via nurse).

Bek and RealDeal are the most likely suspects, based on yesterday's non-action (when they had the ability to have a positive impact) but I would love to have better reasons to vote than that.

Other people that don't have any evidence, pro or con:
King, Lathum, Raiders, Sndvls, Blade, Me, Fouts, Schmidty

Lets see what other people think of these initial lists ...
Old 09-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #294
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

King was just cleared, except for the warts.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #295
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It's a lot tougher deciding who you want to vote for with these public roles.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #296
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
King was just cleared, except for the warts.
Since you have no medical expertise, I'd like to clarify: Genital warts, not just warts.

I also put out condoms for the crew's use...although there are no females onboard.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #297
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep - based on the remaining list I would love to see Raiders get scanned by Vince.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #298
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully he can control himself if he's ever in the brig.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #299
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep - based on the remaining list I would love to see Raiders get scanned by Vince.
Only if there is no anal examination. I'm good there...no spawns hiding there as far as I can tell.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:10 PM   #300
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #232
Quote:
The night passes, easily for most, uneasily for others. Schmidity was on guard duty all night protecting KWhit while Fouts was seen lurking in the crew area awake all night.

Post #1 - actions public/private
Quote:
Actions from a public role are always revealed to the entire crew, although some actions (such as Protect) are not revealed until after they have happened and they may also be faked (see Faking Duties below).

Post #1 - faking duties
Quote:
A person may pretend to perform one of their actions but not actually complete the task. For instance, a spawn engineer may pretend to be repairing the Security Room but really do nothing. This is undetectable to anyone else, but will not result in any changes (so in the example the damage would not go down by one man cycle).

Post #1 - Spawnling attack
Quote:
A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack.

Schmidty and Fouts both have the option to Protect and Spy. Those both appear to be private actions. Both would explain why they are exhausted this morning. But if the spawn failed a spawnling attack, then this could be an alternate explanation for why they were exhausted this morning.

I have no insight one way or another if this is what happened. But if I'm putting together a list of who I am a little more guarded about right now, these two would fall in the group with Bek and RealDeal.

Barkeep, would someone know if they had survived an attack or a spawn attack? I didn't see anything in the descriptions indicating this one way or another.