Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #501
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
STROKE Egos???

STROKE EGOS???????

Inigo Montoya Says "You keep using that word. I don't think that word means what you intend it to mean."

I was intending to deflate egos. to Puncture egos. To reduce egos.

But to stroke egos..

Well that just makes the baby Foz cry.

(But then again, the Baby Foz cries at a lot of things)

moushinikui ! eibunpou nigatedearu

(sorry, my english is weak!)

Err, yeah I meant to say deflate egos... Too much samurai sword practicing and not enough literature for me!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #502
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Surprised you didn't vote for Blade just on the basis of being annoyed with him.

He showed last game that being dead doesn't shut him up. Tempting, very, very, tempting, but I try and vote with my head even if my emotions leak into the thread.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #503
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Since when did saying that you think day 1 isn't a good time to take out a proven good player in a game where many aren't playing make you an asshat? I didn't go overboard like Blade.

True, you didn't go overboard like Blade, but Blade is always overboard so it's kind of expected. But you let Fozzie get under your skin which led to posts like (crap, I can't figure out how to do multiple quotes, so I'll just paraphrase):

Post 176: "I refuse to work with you guys this game"
Post 196: "I didn't mind playing until...(complaints about Fozzie & Desnudo)
Post 215: "I hope I'm not on the same team as you because if you're a samurai we won't win."

But hey, everyone gets frustrated at times. And I did mention that I believed you were likely good at this point, and that I wasn't voting for you.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #504
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
My biggest concern right now is that there are so many feathers ruffled up that people will be voting based on who is annoying them the most, whether its Fozzie or Blade or Dubb or someone else, rather than us trying to work out a logical pattern to extend our circle of trust.

I hear what you're saying, but as far as working out a logical pattern -- it's day 1. There is no pattern yet. Voting based on ruffled feathers is as valid as a random number generator far as I can tell.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #505
Blade6119
Coordinator

I honestly doubt the wolves touch dubb or I...why would they at this point(esp. me). No one trusts me or wants me alive, and ill will prob. be lynched in the next day or so...what purpose does it do the wolves to kill me now, unless fozzie is a wolf.

And fozzie, i know hoops asked you to play, and i apologize if ive forced you to not want to play WW again, as i loved some of your games. Ive been playing mind games all weekend, and having fun playing with you. I would hope, as someone who made quite a bit of fun of me, you could take it as well as give it
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 01-30-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #506
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

VOTE BLADE6119

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #507
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Not knowing Blades role, I really couldn't care less. He's as likely to be bad as anyone else. He's attached himself pretty strongly to me, that in and of itself makes me suspecious. It's always best for a bad guy to attach himself to someone that is clean.

There aren't many things I'm sure of at this point, but I am sure that Blade has an internet man crush on you.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #508
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
There aren't many things I'm sure of at this point, but I am sure that Blade has an internet man crush on you.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #509
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill reiterate, i purposely tried to rile people up to see what reactions i could get. I have never gone broad with my attacks before, but i decided its day one and i wanted to draw out some discussion...and boy did i. You may not like it, but were on page 11 before anyone has died or a event taken place...thats discussion, and discussion of any nature is good.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #510
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I think it's safe to say that would not please Chuck Norris.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #511
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, besides the fact that im madly in love with dubb, can you bring up some quotes where i say he is a samurai? Where i say i know hes not a ninja? I thought all i said was fozzie isnt playing a samurai game so far.
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #512
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ill reiterate, i purposely tried to rile people up to see what reactions i could get. I have never gone broad with my attacks before, but i decided its day one and i wanted to draw out some discussion...and boy did i. You may not like it, but were on page 11 before anyone has died or a event taken place...thats discussion, and discussion of any nature is good.

Your attacks were certainly broad. I think you've offended a lot of people and will likely be hung quite early in this game. I don't know if I would consider that a good tactic.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #513
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Your attacks were certainly broad. I think you've offended a lot of people and will likely be hung quite early in this game. I don't know if I would consider that a good tactic.

If we're still voting on petty grudges by day 2 and 3 we will have already lost.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #514
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If we're still voting on petty grudges by day 2 and 3 we will have already lost.

By day 3, I would agree. Day 2 often ends up still being a relative crapshoot.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #515
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, besides the fact that im madly in love with dubb, can you bring up some quotes where i say he is a samurai? Where i say i know hes not a ninja? I thought all i said was fozzie isnt playing a samurai game so far.

Quote:
Very well dubby, i was wrong..im sorry

Contrast with your replies to everyone else, and I think it's clear love is in the air.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #516
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola (or maybe not) -

The exception is when a seer speaks up early. Then day 2 is not such a crapshoot, otherwise, there is usually scant "real" evidence to go upon.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #517
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Whether i use it or the other players alive post-my death do, there are clues out there now to move ahead with depending on who dies in the lynch today. I would gladly die early in the game every time if i can get some discussion/clues out there to be used by others.

As for this game, i can help the samurai i think...i guess we will have to see if anyone is willing to let me play a normal game from now on out since i achieved my day one goal of creating discsussion.
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #518
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Contrast with your replies to everyone else, and I think it's clear love is in the air.
I apologized? Thats means im in love with him?

Or dubby, at which point im in love with fozzie for calling him muppet
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #519
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
By day 3, I would agree. Day 2 often ends up still being a relative crapshoot.
That is exactly what we have avoided with all this. People have made decisions based on grudges, annoyance, clues...it is no longer random, which means tomorrow will be far from random as well. It will prob. be me, but that is life. But all the arguing and side-taking today means tomorrow will not be random. That right there is one of the reasons i did what i did.
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #520
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I apologized? Thats means im in love with him?

Or dubby, at which point im in love with fozzie for calling him muppet

I did say internet man crush at first, which is different than out and out love. Dubby is a pet name, while muppet is derogatory. And yes, I think it's the only post in the entire thread that didn't reply argumentatively to someone.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #521
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whether i use it or the other players alive post-my death do, there are clues out there now to move ahead with depending on who dies in the lynch today. I would gladly die early in the game every time if i can get some discussion/clues out there to be used by others.

As for this game, i can help the samurai i think...i guess we will have to see if anyone is willing to let me play a normal game from now on out since i achieved my day one goal of creating discsussion.

Actually, I think there is very little real evidence or information from most of this. You ruffled feathers, some people voted against you because of that. Other people will vote against you tomorrow because of your feather ruffling if you survive today. It gives an inherent excuse and makes the data biased and unclear. I actually think this tactic muddled the game.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #522
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
thats discussion, and discussion of any nature is good.

That's a pretty broad statement. And granted, I may not be teh WW super-genius, but I don't think there was a whole lot in the first 10 pages that will prove all that worthwhile.

YMMV.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #523
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that would not please Chuck Norris.
This made me laugh out loud at work. Nice job, path
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #524
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, I think there is very little real evidence or information from most of this. You ruffled feathers, some people voted against you because of that. Other people will vote against you tomorrow because of your feather ruffling if you survive today. It gives an inherent excuse and makes the data biased and unclear. I actually think this tactic muddled the game.
Interesting...i see your viewpoint, but in my mind people have picked sides between fozzie or dubb or i...sure, some picked me on feather ruffling(to be fair, they claim to..im a villager so who knows)..if fozzie is a wolf the its a fair bet then its a good bet some of the later votes on me or dubb are wolves, like taz's recent vote for me with no other posts...if hes good, good bet we have 1-2 wolves in the group that got him lynched. I think it def. helps...but i do see your argument as well
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #525
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
That's a pretty broad statement. And granted, I may not be teh WW super-genius, but I don't think there was a whole lot in the first 10 pages that will prove all that worthwhile.

YMMV.
Its not the individual posts too much as the votes...people were forced to pick sides in an argument, and despite most people feeling its all emotion for who picked who, i can gurantee the wolves are positioning right now, or already have. There was strategy in this vote, and some may still come out before the deadline, but i think much has gone on today that will help tomorrow after a lynch and night kill
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #526
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I did say internet man crush at first, which is different than out and out love. Dubby is a pet name, while muppet is derogatory. And yes, I think it's the only post in the entire thread that didn't reply argumentatively to someone.
Muppet was actually a pet name too...i was playing back with fozzie, i never got mad at him at all...its called playing a game, and i did...i could go back and quote at least 20 posts that im not arguing in, would you like me to for you?
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #527
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

You can somewhat factor it in. For exampe, by reading back it's pretty easy to see who is/was most annoyed by Blade's tactics. At least the evidence is in plain sight so you can account for it.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #528
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Muppet was actually a pet name too...i was playing back with fozzie, i never got mad at him at all...its called playing a game, and i did...i could go back and quote at least 20 posts that im not arguing in, would you like me to for you?

Not really, but if you feel it would help your cause, then by all means.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #529
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
This made me laugh out loud at work. Nice job, path

One does what one can.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #530
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Not really, but if you feel it would help your cause, then by all means.
I dont feel like spending the time, im just trying to appease you. As since my intial comments, i have now the the reciever of TONS of criticism from you, kwhit, schmidty, and others...funny, they fight criticism with criticism...just saying, i made comments i now regret(i would have toned them down a bit if people were going to get this upset) and have apologized for. But i will continue to be ostracized. I dont want sympathy or some apology, just pointing out the hypocrasy of it.
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #531
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, it was fozzie himself who started this when he said lets kill of some vets...he put me on defensive mode, as i tried to do to others..i said things i didnt mean to say...funny how it works against me too, huh?
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #532
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As we come down to the last few hours, I thought an updated tally might be useful:

SirFozzie - AlanT (137), Blade (149), Dubb (167), Tanglewood (324), Saldana (405), PackerFanatic (460), Kingfc22 (481)
Dubb - Schmidty (146), Eaglesfan (180)
Mustang - Coder (168)
Blade - KWhit (383), Lathum (387), SirFozzie (473), TazFTW (506)
Qwikshot - RPI (400)
Kingfc22 - Desnudo (466), Path12 (496)

Looks like SirFozzie is in the "lead" with 7 and will face the awesome might of Chuck Norris unless there is some late movement.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #533
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I dont feel like spending the time, im just trying to appease you. As since my intial comments, i have now the the reciever of TONS of criticism from you, kwhit, schmidty, and others...funny, they fight criticism with criticism...just saying, i made comments i now regret(i would have toned them down a bit if people were going to get this upset) and have apologized for. But i will continue to be ostracized. I dont want sympathy or some apology, just pointing out the hypocrasy of it.

Sorry, I missed the apology. What's the post #?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #534
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hey coder, care to shed some insight into your mustang vote since your around? I dont remember the vote or the reasons...just trying to make sure i can place everyone for analysis

(and yes, i know the post # is in the vote tally, but i would like to hear coder talk a bit since i respect his play.)
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #535
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey coder, care to shed some insight into your mustang vote since your around? I dont remember the vote or the reasons...just trying to make sure i can place everyone for analysis

(and yes, i know the post # is in the vote tally, but i would like to hear coder talk a bit since i respect his play.)

I was #13 on the list so he picked me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #536
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, I missed the apology. What's the post #?
Quote:
Im not going to ask to die, but i apologize as i know i have been a pompus ass so far...i dont deny that fact, but i can try to make sure im not that way for the rest of the game. Either way im a samurai, and i want the samurai to win...my vote sticks with fozzie due to his erractic play, and thats that. Take what you will from this post, and i hope you all do well in the lynch tomorrow...best of luck to you all tomorrow
Post #395
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #537
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I was #13 on the list so he picked me.
Thnx mustang
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #538
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Also, actions speak louder than words. I'm perfectly willing to let it go, and I appreciate the sentiment, but I wouldn't expect to be granted a full pardon just because you post an apology. It takes a little time to rebuild trust and make people want to work with you.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #539
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, actions speak louder than words. I'm perfectly willing to let it go, and I appreciate the sentiment, but I wouldn't expect to be granted a full pardon just because you post an apology. It takes a little time to rebuild trust and make people want to work with you.
See, i didnt ask for a full pardon...i know well the consequences that come with my actions, and i accept those. You guys can lynch me tomorrow if you think its wise, and ill take it like a man. Im just trying to right wrongs, whether you accept them or not is none of my business. My business is killing ninja, and i intend to stick to it
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #540
Desnudo
Coordinator

Umm, ok, my business is to try and enjoy an online text rpg, so I'll get on with that...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #541
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Umm, ok, my business is to try and enjoy an online text rpg, so I'll get on with that...
And ive stated i enjoy it far more when winning..im ultra competitive, and dont like losing...so for me winning and have fun are one and the same...but i respect other peoples thoughts on the matter. Either way our OBJECTIVE is to kill ninjas, and i will work to that end
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM   #542
Schmidty
Coordinator

So much bullshit this game. So little substance. It's really sad, and really makes me miss the good old days of WW.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #543
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
So much bullshit this game. So little substance. It's really sad, and really makes me miss the good old days of WW.
Its day one...ive tried to create some, but otherwise its random..how much substance do you want?
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #544
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah, I am quite confused as to what is actually "in-game" chat and not...hopefully it turns out to be fun...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #545
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting...i see your viewpoint, but in my mind people have picked sides between fozzie or dubb or i...sure, some picked me on feather ruffling(to be fair, they claim to..im a villager so who knows)..if fozzie is a wolf the its a fair bet then its a good bet some of the later votes on me or dubb are wolves, like taz's recent vote for me with no other posts...if hes good, good bet we have 1-2 wolves in the group that got him lynched. I think it def. helps...but i do see your argument as well

In no way is my vote on Sirfozzie meant to be an indication of me choosing sides with you and/or Dubb for the record I have a no idea if you two are ninjas or not, I just don't see this much of a storm being caused on day one if you two were ninjas, which is why I said I'm guessing you are samurai. I votd for fozzie only because I didn't like his strategy and he was the first person to try to start a run on someone voting. Those two reasons were the main ones to pick him on a day 1. I just wanted to make it clear that I don't have any desire to be grouped with anyone right now. I don't trust any of you!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #546
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the problem is day one has lasted way to long and everyone is getting restless. In future games I think we need to have a shorter day one so this BS doesn't take over.

That being said it seems blade is playing a risk vs reward game where he hopes to survive the first few days and then coast using the defense of he can't be a ninja because there is no way a ninja would be that vocal the first few days.

I'm not buying it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #547
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
In no way is my vote on Sirfozzie meant to be an indication of me choosing sides with you and/or Dubb for the record I have a no idea if you two are ninjas or not, I just don't see this much of a storm being caused on day one if you two were ninjas, which is why I said I'm guessing you are samurai. I votd for fozzie only because I didn't like his strategy and he was the first person to try to start a run on someone voting. Those two reasons were the main ones to pick him on a day 1. I just wanted to make it clear that I don't have any desire to be grouped with anyone right now. I don't trust any of you!
Not taking sides in the arument, taking sides in the vote...people had to pick sides of who they want to lynch...thats the decision i mean, nothing to due with the argument....the argument merely picked who the people were who were up for lynch(it worked, as dubb, fozzie, and i are the 3 really on the block at all this day...lol, didnt call that)
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #548
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I think the problem is day one has lasted way to long and everyone is getting restless. In future games I think we need to have a shorter day one so this BS doesn't take over.

That being said it seems blade is playing a risk vs reward game where he hopes to survive the first few days and then coast using the defense of he can't be a ninja because there is no way a ninja would be that vocal the first few days.

I'm not buying it.
Lol, id be this vocal wolf or villager...i would never use the whole i talk too much as a defense, and if i ever do kill me immediately...you can kill me, it will only help the ninjas
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #549
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, and id prob. ask the seer scan someone else...ill be dead shortly and i dont want him wasting scans. If he wants to scan me tonight, more power to him...
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #550
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blade: I'm actually quite sure that you're not a ninja, because if you were, the other ninjas would have outted you by now, just hoping to get you to STFU.

Thank god my role in this farce ends in a couple hours, unless a couple people change their minds (which I don't think will happen, but the 10,000 fortunes have smiled on lesser people)

BTW.. supreme irony, here ladies and gentlemen. He doesn't think I'm playing a samurai game.. when he refuses to stop saying villager/wolf/etcetera.