Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #651
Barkeep49
Coordinator

hoops I don't quite get where you're attempting to get the insight with our strike and then miss, at least without knowing what raiders is.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager

After re-reading the threads before crashing last night I had seen a couple of different people lament that voting records were shot now that we are seeing a conversion. I would maintain, regardless of what role Raiders has, that voting records will still retain value throughout the game. Particularly if we are successful in keeping the number of Things as low as they have been up to this point over the next couple of days.

Obviously it will be easier for us to act with new information from a seer, bodyguard, etc. But if that is not available for us tomorrow I'm hoping that we don't see a rush to dismiss voting records too quickly.

Do you want to talk about specific players now? I would prefer not to give any additional information to the Thing as he goes hunting tonight. But if you think it makes sense in terms of helping the still-active special scientist roles then we can start to go down this path a little bit.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #653
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, what is the plan with WVUfan? I don't think I've seen him in the thread the last two days and I know we have not seen a vote in that time ...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #654
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Can someone check this? I had the final count (including the posts at 9:01):

dubb93 (6): JeeberD, tanglewood, Raiders Army, Blade6119, mckerney, Coffee Warlord
Raiders Army (2): hoopsguy, Barkeep49
JeeberD (2): Swaggs, path
hoopsguy (1): dubb93
Blade6119 (1): st. cronin
tanglewood (1): Anxiety
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #655
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Schmidty, what is the plan with WVUfan? I don't think I've seen him in the thread the last two days and I know we have not seen a vote in that time ...

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I asked a couple of people to replace pennywise earlier in the game but was turned down until Barkeep said yes. I'm not sure who to ask at this point honestly. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #656
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just so you guys understand and realize, I was not on the computer after about 7 PM EST last night. Part of it was that I don't care if I'm tested, thus any late switches to votes don't matter to me and the other part was that I wasn't going to switch my vote off dubb.

I'll save my other thoughts after the night actions.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #657
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Can someone check this? I had the final count (including the posts at 9:01):

dubb93 (6): JeeberD, tanglewood, Raiders Army, Blade6119, mckerney, Coffee Warlord
Raiders Army (2): hoopsguy, Barkeep49
JeeberD (2): Swaggs, path
hoopsguy (1): dubb93
Blade6119 (1): st. cronin
tanglewood (1): Anxiety

That is correct.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, your counts look right to me - worked off of my Post #609 and made the changes for Blade's vote and my vote that were 8:01 to match your list.

I'm out for awhile, will check back later this afternoon to see if the night actions are processed early.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #659
Schmidty
Coordinator

The night passes uneventfully, and thankfully everyone is able to get some actual rest. You wake up refreshed and more determined than ever to eliminate the monsters within your midst.

Day 3 has now begun. Votes will be due by Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (Or whenever everyone has voted).
Old 04-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #660
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am going to go ahead and put my vote out now, since I might not be back before 7.

Vote JeeberD

I do not have a whole lot to go on with my vote, other than vote history (which has been pretty all over the place so far, unfortunately), but I just think that, if I were one of the badguys, I would target someone who has been cleared.

If anyone has any compelling reasons for me to switch votes, I'm definitely willing to listen to anything.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #661
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok hoops I'd be interested to hear your theories.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #662
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
The night passes uneventfully, and thankfully everyone is able to get some actual rest. You wake up refreshed and more determined than ever to eliminate the monsters within your midst.

Day 3 has now begun. Votes will be due by Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (Or whenever everyone has voted).

Whoops. Guess the 7 PM deadline was for night actions.

Well, my vote is out there. Plenty of time for debate now, I guess.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #663
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Schmidty: Are you going to attempt to replace WVU?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #664
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Schmidty: Are you going to attempt to replace WVU?

As I said a few posts above, I'm in the process of trying, but if anyone knows of someone who is interested, let me know.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #665
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. I'm gonna have to go with a silent conversion here. Damn.

Based on voting patterns, these are my prime suspects at this point:

1. JeeberD, voted twice for a known scientist (Day 2 both votes)
2a and b. Coffee Warlord and Blade 6119, voted for a known scientist (Day 2 2nd vote)

None of the above voted for saldana on day 2.

Next tier is:

4. tanglewood, voted for a known scientist and not sure if his vote counted towards saldana since it was late (at that point, it didn't matter)
5a,b, & c. mckerney, hoopsguy, and Barkeep49, voted for scientists and for saldana

Unknowns: st. cronin, Swaggs, Anxiety, WVUFan. From their votes, we don't know what they voted for.

Possible good guy: path12, voted for saldana, didn't vote for a known scientist
Old 04-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #666
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Raiders:

I've voted for 2 people, saldana and you. So I have voted for 0 known scientists at this time. I don't know about hoops or mckerney, but as I was a D1 replacement I have no D1 vote.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #667
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okay. I'm gonna have to go with a silent conversion here. Damn.

Based on voting patterns, these are my prime suspects at this point:

1. JeeberD, voted twice for a known scientist (Day 2 both votes)
2a and b. Coffee Warlord and Blade 6119, voted for a known scientist (Day 2 2nd vote)

None of the above voted for saldana on day 2.

Next tier is:

4. tanglewood, voted for a known scientist and not sure if his vote counted towards saldana since it was late (at that point, it didn't matter)
5a,b, & c. mckerney, hoopsguy, and Barkeep49, voted for scientists and for saldana

Unknowns: st. cronin, Swaggs, Anxiety, WVUFan. From their votes, we don't know what they voted for.

Possible good guy: path12, voted for saldana, didn't vote for a known scientist

This is so fuckin flawed I don't even know where to begin picking apart this "analysis".

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #668
Blade6119
Coordinator

I tried this all yesterday, and since i wasnt converted im going to try it again:

Vote Raiders Army
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #669
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
This is so fuckin flawed I don't even know where to begin picking apart this "analysis".
Raiders, i gotta agree...that analysis is so misleading its not even funny
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #670
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Raiders, i gotta agree...that analysis is so misleading its not even funny
I'm glad that you think so. Thanks for taking the time to say why it's misleading. I don't think it is at all, but I've already said why and you haven't.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:49 PM   #671
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
Maybe because you can't.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #672
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, facts are facts. They're immutable unlike your pseudo-arguments.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #673
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm glad that you think so. Thanks for taking the time to say why it's misleading. I don't think it is at all, but I've already said why and you haven't.
My official vote and my intended vote went on you, Raiders Army...not Dubb, my swap to avoid a tie was after the deadline. Hoops' vote also fell to WVU, not you(raiders). Your list you made earlier and this one both fail to reflect that. It fails to take into account that CW, Barkeep, Hoops, and myself all tried to move the vote off of a now confirmed villager yesterday, while you and your friends voted and killed him(tested him)...if you want your thing, look at the group who voted for Dubb or the people spread out(the two groups you seem to trust the most...)

Hell, even CW could be counted as on you as his vote came at 6:00 and therefore technically past the deadline based on how you interpret it. But what do i know, im obviously a suspect for trying to save a villager yesterday ...you taught us quite well thats not your goal, and that we should accuse those that do(you already tore into hoops and myself)
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #674
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, facts are facts. They're immutable unlike your pseudo-arguments.
Yes, but somehow you managed to twist them to suit your ill-mannored intentions
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #675
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Raiders Army
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #676
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Hoopsguy

He said something that distrubed me, but I can't remember what, so on general feeling alone, I vote for him until someone can convience me to vote for someone else.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #677
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
My official vote and my intended vote went on you, Raiders Army...not Dubb, my swap to avoid a tie was after the deadline. Hoops' vote also fell to WVU, not you(raiders). Your list you made earlier and this one both fail to reflect that. It fails to take into account that CW, Barkeep, Hoops, and myself all tried to move the vote off of a now confirmed villager yesterday, while you and your friends voted and killed him(tested him)...if you want your thing, look at the group who voted for Dubb or the people spread out(the two groups you seem to trust the most...)

Hell, even CW could be counted as on you as his vote came at 6:00 and therefore technically past the deadline based on how you interpret it. But what do i know, im obviously a suspect for trying to save a villager yesterday ...you taught us quite well thats not your goal, and that we should accuse those that do(you already tore into hoops and myself)
Regardless, if you read closely you would see that those are my prime suspects. I obviously know that I'm a scientist so I know something you don't. This was coming from my point of view and I never said that it was the gospel according to Blade. I guess you don't see Jeebs as the #1 guy since he voted twice for dubb. My thinking there is pretty flawed, I agree.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #678
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also I find it funny that I'm being looked at as the one who led the charge against dubb. I laid out my argument and left the boards last night two hours before the deadline. If I was so adamant about dubb being a Thing, wouldn't I have stuck around to ensure he was tested? If I were a Thing, wouldn't I have stuck around to defend myself?

In all actuality, I'm not sure I would stick around to defend myself if I were a Thing. If I were in their position a reasonable strategy would be to remain silent since the more you try to fight the votes (ala saldana (albeit briefly)) then the more guilty you look. Somewhat of an interesting twist.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #679
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
My official vote and my intended vote went on you, Raiders Army...not Dubb
This is an incorrect statement as Schmidty confirmed you voted for dubb in post #657.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #680
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Also I find it funny that I'm being looked at as the one who led the charge against dubb. I laid out my argument and left the boards last night two hours before the deadline. If I was so adamant about dubb being a Thing, wouldn't I have stuck around to ensure he was tested? If I were a Thing, wouldn't I have stuck around to defend myself?

In all actuality, I'm not sure I would stick around to defend myself if I were a Thing. If I were in their position a reasonable strategy would be to remain silent since the more you try to fight the votes (ala saldana (albeit briefly)) then the more guilty you look. Somewhat of an interesting twist.
You arent being looked at as the leader, but as the best suspect of being a thing if im not mistaken. Your vote for dubb aided my views, and your actions/attitude since that vote have done nothing to alleviate my fears. Trust me, my suspicions of you are far greater then some vote you made. Want me to go back a requote all the reasons i think you are my top suspect? I think you will find i base my ideas off far more then votes in a conversion game, unlike others
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #681
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This is an incorrect statement as Schmidty confirmed you voted for dubb in post #657.
Lets shoot him a PM, my vote for Dubb occured at 6:01 and the deadline was 6:00...i think you will find schmidty prob. didnt care to go into great detail once he figured out that no matter what dubb was being tested.

SCHMIDTY, DID MY SWAP TO DUBB AT 6:01 COUNT AS OFFICIAL?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:25 PM   #682
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sigh. Alright. I'm not going to let us waste a day on RA.

Make this real simple. Unless he was converted last night, which I doubt due to the pressure on him, RA is a scientist.

Why? I'm the seer. Or in this game, Geneticist.

Scans to date:

Day 1: Hoops (Clean)
Day 2: RA (Clean)

(No, didn't get a Night 0 scan)

Now. The Things can try and convert me if they wish, but they aren't gonna get a lot of mileage out of me, since I'm now common knowledge. I'll be posting my scan results every day. Convert me if you want, but the first time the Things try and use me to false scan someone, the secret will be out.

Also, if converted, if the Things decide to sacrifice one of their own to keep me "safe", I ask that you immediately vote me as the 2nd vote of the night.

'Course, it'd be better if I get bodyguarded.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #683
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Again, those suspects were based on VOTING PATTERNS. Please re-read the post. Maybe you should quit while you're behind on this line of reasoning as you fly from one argument to the other. You still have not proven why my post #665 is misleading. Bottom line is that those votes counted. The analysis shouldn't be taken for anything more than that.

I did not say that they were anyone else's suspects. I did not say that they were based on "feelings". THEY WERE BASED ON FINAL VOTES. If I were so sure of my list of suspects, I would've voted for JeeberD then and there. Get over yourself.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #684
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Sigh. Alright. I'm not going to let us waste a day on RA.

Make this real simple. Unless he was converted last night, which I doubt due to the pressure on him, RA is a scientist.

Why? I'm the seer. Or in this game, Geneticist.

Scans to date:

Day 1: Hoops (Clean)
Day 2: RA (Clean)

(No, didn't get a Night 0 scan)

Now. The Things can try and convert me if they wish, but they aren't gonna get a lot of mileage out of me, since I'm now common knowledge. I'll be posting my scan results every day. Convert me if you want, but the first time the Things try and use me to false scan someone, the secret will be out.

Also, if converted, if the Things decide to sacrifice one of their own to keep me "safe", I ask that you immediately vote me as the 2nd vote of the night.

'Course, it'd be better if I get bodyguarded.
I wish you hadnt done that...now you are already a thing or about to become one. Tomorrow you could say billy bob was clean and hes a thing and we cant know for sure....i really dont like this play one bit, unless your a thing and trying to save the person who converted you...damn it all to hell, this just got more complicated
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #685
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. Coffee Warlord slipped down my list of suspects a lot.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #686
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Again, those suspects were based on VOTING PATTERNS. Please re-read the post. Maybe you should quit while you're behind on this line of reasoning as you fly from one argument to the other. You still have not proven why my post #665 is misleading. Bottom line is that those votes counted. The analysis shouldn't be taken for anything more than that.

I did not say that they were anyone else's suspects. I did not say that they were based on "feelings". THEY WERE BASED ON FINAL VOTES. If I were so sure of my list of suspects, I would've voted for JeeberD then and there. Get over yourself.
And i contend your list of final votes in innacurate...and i have stated you are going off of votes, which i dont approve of...round and round we go buddy, where we shall stop only schmidty knows
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #687
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I wish you hadnt done that...now you are already a thing or about to become one. Tomorrow you could say billy bob was clean and hes a thing and we cant know for sure....i really dont like this play one bit, unless your a thing and trying to save the person who converted you...damn it all to hell, this just got more complicated

Believe me, I've gone back and forth on doing this. However, the longer I wait, the longer I run the risk of being converted anyway, and any info I've collected becomes useless.

Further, the seer isn't as powerful in this game, as a scan isn't valid all that long. Even if I say someone is clean, they could be clean for what...a day...before it becomes highly questionable.

I'm truly hoping there's a bodyguard as well.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #688
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Believe me, I've gone back and forth on doing this. However, the longer I wait, the longer I run the risk of being converted anyway, and any info I've collected becomes useless.

Further, the seer isn't as powerful in this game, as a scan isn't valid all that long. Even if I say someone is clean, they could be clean for what...a day...before it becomes highly questionable.

I'm truly hoping there's a bodyguard as well.
I hope so too, but i already viewed you as a top canidate for conversion last night...coupling this on top of that and i just dont know what to think. It just seems that you have cleared raiders and thats it. Tomorrow, i cant trust a word you say...i cant even trust you cleared raiders...damn CW, i so wanted to trust you too
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #689
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Lets shoot him a PM, my vote for Dubb occured at 6:01 and the deadline was 6:00...i think you will find schmidty prob. didnt care to go into great detail once he figured out that no matter what dubb was being tested.

SCHMIDTY, DID MY SWAP TO DUBB AT 6:01 COUNT AS OFFICIAL?
Shop for the answer you want.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #690
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Blade

Don't doubt the seer.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #691
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Shop for the answer you want.
Shop for the FACTS...we should all want to shop for the truth :o
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #692
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way. Reason #2 my role isn't as good as usual, and it also leads me to believe there may be a second seer out there.

My "seer" power comes from testing a sample of hair. There's a small chance, if I target a Thing, I am detected and converted.

Better to come out now.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #693
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hmmm...with this newfound knowledge of CW,

Remember Qwik voted for hoops on day 1. Makes sense there.

mckerney also slides up the suspect list according to votes since he voted for CW on day 1, saldana day 2, and dubb day 3.

Actually, I made a mistake on my first version.

JeeberD has the worst voting record, voting 3 times for scientists (CW, dubb and dubb)
Blade has the second worst voting record, voting 2 times for scientists (JeeberD and dubb (or me, whatever))
Coffee Warlord also has voted 2 times for scientists (hoops and dubb), but he has claimed the seer role, which I believe

To me, the top two suspects according to voting records (that's for you Blade) are Jeebs and Blade. I'm leaning more towards Blade, obviously.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #694
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Shop for the FACTS...we should all want to shop for the truth :o
I tire of this. For the last time, look at post #657. Right now, it's somewhat frustrating trying to talk to you when you ignore that FACT.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #695
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I tire of this. For the last time, look at post #657. Right now, it's somewhat frustrating trying to talk to you when you ignore that FACT.
I see that, but god forbid schmidty makes a mistake...or he doesnt look at the times of the votes as closely as he should. What would that make him, human?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #696
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good reasoning there.

Unvote Hoopsguy

Vote Blade

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #697
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I see that, but god forbid schmidty makes a mistake...or he doesnt look at the times of the votes as closely as he should. What would that make him, human?
He's been in the thread for a while. Stop whining.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #698
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Damn it CW I had you as the seer already. I wish you hadn't come out. That's why I asked you yesterday how confident of your vote you were. When you told me not too confident I knew you hadn't scanned him. Damn.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #699
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm...with this newfound knowledge of CW,

Remember Qwik voted for hoops on day 1. Makes sense there.

mckerney also slides up the suspect list according to votes since he voted for CW on day 1, saldana day 2, and dubb day 3.

Actually, I made a mistake on my first version.

JeeberD has the worst voting record, voting 3 times for scientists (CW, dubb and dubb)
Blade has the second worst voting record, voting 2 times for scientists (JeeberD and dubb (or me, whatever))
Coffee Warlord also has voted 2 times for scientists (hoops and dubb), but he has claimed the seer role, which I believe

To me, the top two suspects according to voting records (that's for you Blade) are Jeebs and Blade. I'm leaning more towards Blade, obviously.
Like i said yesterday to whoever it was that voted me(jeeber i think)...
Bring it...Ive got nothing to hide, no trusted allies, and a suspicion of everyone. Test me everyday until we lose and it will get you nowhere(until they convert me for a good laugh). Do what you will, but im stating my views as you are yours. My views include your views being wrong, but to each his own. As i said, bring it
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #700
Schmidty
Coordinator

Looking at my notebook, I shouldn't have agreed with post #654. My final vote count was as follows:

Hoopsguy - Dubb
Tanglewood - Anxiety
Raiders - Blade, Barkeep, hoopsguy
Jeeber - path, Swaggs
Dubb - Raiders Army, mckerney, JeeberD, tanglewood, Coffee Warlord
Blade - st. cronin

I did NOT count the 9:01 votes as they were clearly past the deadline. Sorry if I confused anyone.