Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #2951
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So wait, now all of the sudden this game has 3 starting wolves and Alan put us all on a safari had us shoot the driver? Why, if we were all wolves, would we even mention the dead driver and not just say we say some cool stuff?

Also, the vote where I made the late switch, that was clap vs Sonic. Aka, villager vs villager, why in the bloody blue hell would I stick my neck out like that if I *knew* as a wolf that both were passengers. Why would I care?

I expected a much better argument from you Lathum
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #2952
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

As far as initially believing the ropes, yes, I did initially. That now coupled with path's poisoning and shooting, your killing of Cronin, the strange coincidence that all of the heavy-hitters happen to be the ones voted off and your vote today (not wanting to pile on SY who you knew was a passenger while pushing myself and CR for tomorrow and then tossing your vote on likely fellow-wolf Olie when you knew it was safe to do so) causes me to think that's just another lie in the string for you.

Opinions can change Lathum, especially when other evidence is presented.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #2953
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
hmm, 3 dead villagers and CR.

That's 3 dead villagers by your doing and the 2 people you haven't gotten around to having killed yet.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #2954
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FYI, I'm here for 20 more minutes and then I'm gone until the morning.

Those of you who're only checking in once/twice a day, be wary about your vote. Lathum had us all duped.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #2955
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

again, if I was a wolf why would I put my neck on the line?

I strongly feel you guys are wolves, if I need to be lynched tomorrow so be it, I think my usefullness has run it's course.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #2956
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
again, if I was a wolf why would I put my neck on the line?

I strongly feel you guys are wolves, if I need to be lynched tomorrow so be it, I think my usefullness has run it's course.

Because you did it wisely, you put your neck out in a safe enough (and effective enough) manner

You knew that no one would really lynch someone who says they actually prevented the boat from leaving. You knew you'd get some heat, but at most a few votes, which happened.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #2957
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

no, I was being helpfull and getting info out there.

I knew at some point I would be lynched, the way I played was reckless, albeit necessary.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #2958
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Bull.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #2959
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

How do you explain all of the other things I'm pointing out?

It's just a mere coincidence that a bunch of heavy hitters aside from yourself, the one with a lot of trust, the one with the captains ear, the one who can poison food, the one who handed us a wolf, is left alone? Pure coincidence, right?

And it's coincidence, that in a vital vote in this game, you did a completely un-Lathum thing to do and basically threw away your vote, only changing it once it was far too late for it to matter?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #2960
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

the whole "heavy hitters" argument is so tired, and if you want to go that route most would consider you a vet at this point.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2961
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
the whole "heavy hitters" argument is so tired, and if you want to go that route most would consider you a vet at this point.

And that's why you mentioned me today, you're finally getting around to me

This ain't my first rodeo either, but compared to who you've had killed, I'm an amateur.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2962
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, time to hit the road, I'll be back in the AM
Old 04-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #2963
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
- Ropes were almost cut, but luckily, you saved the day

Why make this up here, makes no sense at all.

Quote:
- I could've poisoned someone's food, but I'm a swell guy, so I didn't. And I say I didn't first, so when I do and it's a villager, it's suspect, but slightly dimminished since you telegraphed it

I poisened Path because of his constant badgering of me. So I cant put him on the toilet but Olie can blow his head off?

Quote:
- Pretty much every other heavy-hitter in our WW group is dead, save CR, who was either left for last due to his time constraints, or is also a wolf.

this is a weak argument and one that is used by wolves trying to get people lynched late in the game.

Quote:
- Note you vote for CR, which is either a setup of him for tomorrow or a cursory wolf-vote in case it has legs. You knew that the better players would push you on your stories, so you 86'd them earlier as you had to do more things

Really?

PAth- killed by olie
BK- lynched
Pass- Lynched by me/ wolf
Cronin- my bad

to take it a step further, hoops was killed and he was ON MY SIDE, why would I want to kill him?

Quote:
- Ditto your addition of me to your suspect list. It's a big setup for you for tomorrow. You'd like nothing more than to get it to probably a Me vs CR showdown I'd bet.

no set up, people are free to make their own choices.
Quote:
- You hand us Pass, who was basically toast anyhow, cutting ties to gain trust

regardless of his status, I gave us a wolf on a day when we wouldn't have gotten one, and IIRC you were very much against me using that strategy that day? Is that because you were protecting Pass.

YOu know as well as I do wolves can have roles witin themselves. Maybe Pass was the "converter" wolf and you wanted to keep him another day to convert again.

Quote:
- You've hardly been anywhere verifiable all game, when you have, it's with someone who easily could be a wolf too (Olie shoots path for you, she "bets" you in golf when you're the only two playing, you vote for her but way too late and needlessly to make a difference)

one could say the same for you.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #2964
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

looks like its gonna be a quiet night
Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #2965
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

too bad, im bored!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #2966
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I'm not really sure what to say to all of this. I feel like the chick between two guys, but instead of being pulled back and forth, they're both trying to push me away.

All of which is funny, because I don't have a dern thing to do with either of them.

I think my time constraints HAVE helped keep me around, for better or worse. Villagers forget I am here, and wolves don't figure my schedule makes me all that dangerous. If lynching me is the way to go, then do it. At least then I can go work out after work instead of rushing home. These middle of the day deadline games are nuts hard for me to do a thing with.

I explained it to clap yesterday, and it really still applies. I can't be here for the voting deadline, and the results of that are mostly talked out by the time I get back. The late deadline has been generally quiet (witness tonight, for instance). So if it seems like I have done less analysis, well, you're right, I have done less. Most of what is to be said is said by the time I get home!

I'll look through things and try to come up with stuff, but if it's not there, chances are I will speculate to a misleading point and lead us away from the best candidate (heck, unwittingly done it before).

Personally, I still think Lathum and jeheinz are misguided villagers, although that's partly based on the fact they both make the same sort of argument (CR might be bad, here's how the other guy is conspiring with him). Since I know that to be false, I assume they are both blowing smoke up each other's asses.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #2967
The Jackal
Coordinator

I blew smoke up my own ass.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #2968
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I blew up my own ass.

fixed
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #2969
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fixed

lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #2970
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

does anyone recall if The Jackyl ever missed the boat?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #2971
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.. Will be sending out Pms in a few minutes. Running a little late tonight. Writeup and all PMs should be out by 10:30-10:45 EST
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #2972
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually going to send out PMs now. Writeup might still be delayed, just will depend if I finish with PMs before I have to do some work in about 10 minutes!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #2973
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You return to the ship just in time to see the crew scurrying about. It appears that once again someone was killed aboard the ship! This time it appears that Qwikshot was found dead in his room!!

It takes a little bit of time for the mess to be cleaned up, but the captain wastes no time in getting the ship out of port. You have obviously been in Montego Bay for too long. The announcement that you are on your way to Haitai is greeted with a loud cheer from the other passengers. You will need to pick some excursion for tommorrow's day from your pamphlet:

Labadee:

On the north coast of Hispaniola, surrounded by beautiful mountain slopes and exotic foliage, sits Labadee. This exclusive destination offers pristine beaches, breathtaking scenery and spectacular water activities. We even have an amazing new Aqua Park for kids. Regardless of where you go, you'll find yourself embraced by the beautiful landscape. Labadee's native charm, along with its natural beauty, make this a destination not to be missed.

- Paddle along the gorgeous coastline of Labadee on a relaxing kayaking tour. Your guide will lead you through beautiful coral reefs, where you'll witness an abundance of exotic marine life. You'll also pass various fishing villages that have been unchanged for decades.
- Ahoy mateys! Become a pirate for a day at Labadee Luc's spash Bash. Get drenched by ground geysers and water archways, battle other buccaneers with water cannons aboard the pirate ship, or explore the treasure map trail.
- Grab a bird's eye view as you soar 400 feet above the beautiful peninsula of Labadee on a thrilling parasailing ride.

It is now Turn 9. This is a voting phase, so please place your votes in this thread. You also should submit to me via PM what day trip you would like to make for tommorrow. The deadline for the vote and the PM is 3pm EST Thursday!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #2974
KWhit
Coordinator

Work? This late?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #2975
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Work? This late?

I am a network engineer. When I make changes to the internal network, it has to be in certain outage windows. My outage window for the PST opens in 45 minutes, so I have to do prep before this router change.

I love my job, and enjoy the flexibility that it brings, but the downsides is the off hour work I have to do and occasionally being on call
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #2976
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This has to be the worst game the villagers have ever played. Fortunately I died early on, so I'm not to blame.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #2977
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

screw all this. Olie and Hienz are both wolfs. Im sure. By the way it may seem brash but im sick of killing Villagers.

Vote Heinz
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #2978
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's hard to play as a villager when there is almost no informatio that can be trusted and when you do try and come forward with info people wanna lynch you.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #2979
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well iplayed golf last night. the first time in a few times I have been off ship (due to not putting in a pm to Alan) noone else went there.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #2980
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I will admit not paying too much attention since the weekend, but I assume that Taz is still pretty much trusted. is that the case?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #2981
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have to make another vote before leaving for the night, and I decided to take a look the only vote involving a wolf that we have--the clap vs Pass on Voting Turn 7.

Here is the vote order:

2422-- clap votes The Jackal (1)--only vote The Jackal receives; later unvoted
2425-- The Jackal votes clap (1, 1-1 tie J & C)
2429-- Lathum votes clap (2, 2-1 clap)
2430-- Taz votes Pass (1, 2-1-1 C/J/P)
2432-- mccollins votes Pass (2, 2-2-1 C/P/J)
2448-- path12 votes Pass (3, 3-2-1 Pass)-- Pass takes brief lead
2452-- Chief votes clap (3; 3-3-1 tie)
2454-- nfg votes clap (4; 4-3-1 clap)-- clap takes lead for good
2455-- Qwikshot votes clap (5; 5-3-1 clap)-- clap has more votes than given to all other players; majority
2469-- jeheinz votes clap (6; 6-3-1 clap)
2475-- Sonic Youth votes clap (7; 7-3-1 clap)-- clap reaches half of eligible voters; never falls under again
2491-- oliegirl votes clap (8; 8-3-1 clap)
2494-- KWhit votes clap (9; 9-3-1 clap)
2496-- mccollins unvotes Pass and votes clap (10; 10-2-1 clap)
2574-- path12 unvotes Pass and votes clap (11; 11-1-1 clap)-- pinnacle of clap voting
2602-- The Jackal unvotes clap and votes Pass (2; 10-2-1 clap)-- start of Pass bounceback
2611-- mccollins unvotes clap and votes Pass (3; 9-3-1 clap)
2612-- path12 unvotes clap and votes Pass (4; 8-4-1 clap)
2621-- clap unvotes The Jackal and votes Pass (5; 8-5 clap)
2642-- path12 unvotes Pass and votes clap (9; 9-4 clap)
2671-- Lathum unvotes clap and votes Pass (5; 8-5)--final vote

ntndeacon did not vote

The final voters on Pass are all villagers and dead--except for Lathum. And Lathum essentially killed Pass with his vote, a power he had already displayed with st.cronin. Sorry, I think it's just silly to think Lathum is a wolf at this point. If he is, he deserves to win.

So in my mind, that clears Lathum. I also clear ntndeacon, because I don't see a fellow wolf not being involved in this vote. Taz voted Pass first, even when the heat was on clap from The Jackal's mistake, and he stuck with it. In my mind (along with the general unwolfishness of his play), that tells me Taz is clear.

All other remaining players votes for clap.

I started the long run on clap after Pass briefly took the vote lead early in the voting. Yes, that qualifies as a suspicious vote, although I would offer up that I was going on the information I had at the time (The Jackal) and was not around to unvote the next day. nfg, another current player, put clap in the lead for good (another suspicious vote).

Qwikshot, a known villager, pushes clap votes to a majority of the votes given at that point, and in this game, where lynches are hard, that is normally a key point. Votes after this point have to be considered "secure the lynch/bandwagon pile" votes.

In the run to 11-1-1 against clap and after Qwikshot, the following remaining players made votes against clap: jeheinz (to 6-3-1), oliegirl (to 8-3-1), KWhit (to 9-3-1)

To my knowledge, nfg, jeheinz, oliegirl and KWhit were all around when The Jackal retracted his statement against clap and had the chance to switch to Pass. None of them did. I have to believe this is a mark against them.

The nfg/oliegirl dynamic tells me that they are likely not on the same team, and are pretty certainly not BOTH wolves, as I don't see their fighting with each other being some elaborate act. I believe oliegirl, with the later pile on type vote (along with the path12 killing) has the wolf edge, so I will "clear" nfg for now.

I know I am not a wolf, so you all will have to make your own judgments about that. From my perspective then, that leaves jeheinz, oliegirl and KWhit as potential wolves, maybe all of them, as I can definitely see three wolves being left (a normal game of this size, I would guess 4 or 5 originally, and it can't have been 5, because the game would be over right now if it were).

Of these three, I am going to exclude KWhit for the moment, because other than being way too UTR for a solid veteran player, he hasn't made any overt wolf moves that I can recall.

oliegirl killed path12 and jeheinz has spent the past day arguing against Lathum, on top of their votes. This strikes me as most suspicious. This was a tough call, as I think I leaned more toward voting oliegirl. But jeheinz already has a vote, and we need a lynch. So...

VOTE JEHEINZ

Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #2982
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, clarification. Final voters alive on Pass were Lathum, Taz and the rest dead villagers. I later point this out with respect to Taz, but I see that my first paragraph above after the vote recap is incorrect. Apologies for the confusion.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #2983
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I think your analysis comes to my conclusion that Oliegirl and Heinz are bad,.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #2984
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Now we have jeheinz versus Lathum to join the nfg/oliegirl tiff
I guess odds are that there is an underground member among the four
I will ponder this as I play a riff
...a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:04 AM   #2985
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CR is so damn good at taking what I am thinking and putting it into sensible analysis.

He is pretty much spot on with my thoughts. OF course, he is also good enough to be pulling my chain

VOTE JEHEINZE

no surprise here
Old 04-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #2986
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Either NFG and Heize are both wolves, or NFG and I are just 2 villagers who got into a spat - probably a result of being cooped up on a cruise ship together for over a week...either way, I'm a villager. I'm going to vote with the village, as I have been...

VOTE NFG
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #2987
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
OOPS - mistyped -

UNVOTE NFG
VOTE JEHEINZE

Sorry!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #2988
KWhit
Coordinator

Nice analysis, CR. Thanks for putting that down. I need to go back and re-read some things before I vote, but I was leaning toward voting for olie or jeheinze. You guys are making my decision easy for me with all of the early votes on jeheinze.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #2989
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't feel so good about nfg either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I think your analysis comes to my conclusion that Oliegirl and Heinz are bad.

I think it's entirely possible that nfg is a wolf along with one of the two he calls out here.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #2990
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
screw all this. Olie and Hienz are both wolfs. Im sure. By the way it may seem brash but im sick of killing Villagers.

Vote Heinz

Care to state why you're so sure? I ask because you couldn't be more wrong.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #2991
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wow, so it's me today? Frankly, I don't even know if it's worth bothering trying. If you guys can't see how Lathum is pulling the wool over your eyes, there is no point
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #2992
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

And on top of it, no one is going to be around to change their vote anyhow
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #2993
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Lathum
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #2994
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
CR's analysis
VOTE JEHEINZ

I didn't change back for 2 reasons

A) I was worried it was all a rouse at the time
B) I was worried that we'd not lynch anybody
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #2995
KWhit
Coordinator

Getting a vote out there in case I get busy in meetings. I feel pretty good about this vote, as jeheinze is definitely on my distrust list, but if there was a move to olie or nfg, I would go along as I think one of them is a wolf.

VOTE JEHEINZE
Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #2996
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well at least when I die the game will likely the end (I imagine 3 wolves, so it's 5:3 now, 4:3 when I die, 3:3 at the night kill)

A question to the other four who like me are actually villagers, don't you get it? Don't you see how they ran on me early and got the votes up and forced the "we need x%" line of it?

My money on the wolves are Lathum, CR and one more, hunch says olie.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #2997
KWhit
Coordinator

Off to a meeting, but here's what I have so far:

jeheinz72 (5) - nfg22 (2977), Chief Rum (2981), Lathum (2985), Oliegirl (2987), KWhit (2995)
lathum (1) - jeheinz72 (2993)

Not voted: ntndeacon, TazFTW
Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #2998
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Jeheinz

very interesting analysis.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #2999
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

This game is just an absolute trainwreck for the village.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #3000
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Not that I haven't contributed to that, hell, I should withdraw my name from the Best Vanilla Villager poll