Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #601
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry folks, I don't have anything to contribute at the moment and I will be absent much of the day, especially late afternoon / evening. I will get a vote in later though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #602
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Particularly when you don't even reveal what your role is. I mean, what the hell? Does that sort of reveal pass muster nowadays? Not on my watch.

Well, I thought it was a decent way to handle it - rather than give the bad guys some info they might have been able to use that night. A little odd he didn't stick around until after hte night reveal which wasn't much later I assume.

We had two kills the night before so I guess it's not a surprise we had none this time, might just be the way the mechanism works. However we also know there's the possibility of conversion in this game, so we have to consider that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #603
The Jackal
Coordinator

The main issue with the reveal is that if he's lying, there's no way for the real holder of the role to counter.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #604
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure it would have made sense to counter anyway, even if he had given a better reveal. Letting a wolf slip one lynch is okay if you can catch them later. But revealing just in time for the bad guys to kill you is bad. If you reveal later on you can orchestrate some protection at least.

Still, Brit not coming on after deadline and giving more info is not a good sign. If he's not who he said he'll probably get scanned, but I'm not sure the roles in this game are standard enough that people can risk revealing to give a scan result. That's my main worry. Not to mention that he could be cunning or something. Lynching him may be our best bet if he can't convince otherwise.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #605
Autumn
Head Coach

We're now on Day -1, so tomorrow we return to Day 1, correct? Which means we're out of the past, for whatever effects that might have. It also means we'll find out what happens when we return to the present. Just thinking outloud.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #606
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh I'm not saying a counter would have/should have come before deadline, or even today.

Basically he bought himself at least one day, and hopefully that's a good thing. Even if we keep him around whilst not having proof he is not a wolf/koranian, he'd be high on lists as we neared endgame. Just have to be careful not to let too many villagers die before we make that decision.. Or see if he gets NKed, of course.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #607
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
We're now on Day -1, so tomorrow we return to Day 1, correct? Which means we're out of the past, for whatever effects that might have. It also means we'll find out what happens when we return to the present. Just thinking outloud.

Unless font has convinced EF to put a D0 back in, yes
Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #608
The Jackal
Coordinator

FWIW I don't think anything would happen if we progressed normally to D1. I think we would re-vote, and I don't think mau would die either way if he was still alive and we voted to lynch someone else.

The D1 version of the present we had at the beginning of the game doesn't exist anymore, unless we bypass D1 by shifting to the future. That's just my thoughts on how it might work.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #609
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to look at the voting and see if I can't come up with a better target than the last couple of days. I felt decent about GE and murrayyyy but that didn't work out so well.

I would not be opposed to brit being in the mix, but would like to hear from him first before making that choice for sure.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #610
The Jackal
Coordinator

CR has been a bit quiet since his initial influx of theorizing .. he's on my investigate list for the day
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #611
Autumn
Head Coach

I tend to give Brit the benefit of the doubt only because I had him pegged as a good guy and so it was no surprise to me that he claimed a role. Thats why I had been voting elsewhere the past couple days.

Unfortunately my list of suspects has not proven accurate. I may have to go back and look at hte middle group of guys that have escaped my attention so far.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #612
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hi, folks. Gonna catch up on the last 20 hours now. Thanks for the save.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #613
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So our game hasn't technically started yet.. since everyone was alive on d1 in original day one we will have a space time paradox with us seeing ourselves. We have to make sure our future self doesn't see our new past self! *dizzy*
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #614
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I didn't understand your explanation of why you bolded certain votes. You think the early upping of GE by Jackal and mau were indications of suspicion? Not sure why Autumn's vote that you highlighted is considered suspicious either.

Starting here. The bolded votes were mainly those that put somebody in front of the pack (2-1-bunches of 0s, or 3-1-1). I don't tie any particular suspicion to those votes; just noting that they are votes that put somebody out in front.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #615
KWhit
Coordinator

Quiet day so far.

I don't think I'll be voting for Brit today. If he's telling the truth, I assume he'll be night killed in a day or two and I don't want to do the wolves' job for them by lynching him.

But, I will say, Brit, if you are a roled villager and have information, don't take it to the grave.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #616
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Once again, this is all theory. But techncially, by my theory, we're still in "the past". It is just that the past is about to catch up with the old "present".

The current present should be Day Four. With the future, if similarly forward, being Day Seven.

I will be very curious to see what happens if we reach the old present in "the past".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #617
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm not sure it would have made sense to counter anyway, even if he had given a better reveal. Letting a wolf slip one lynch is okay if you can catch them later.

How are we going to catch him exactly? Doesn't matter if the wolves kill a roled villager - if Brit is a wolf he can just claim to be someone else. If he's a wolf let him decide if he wants to claim a power role or a filler role. And don't give him the whole morning to decide on what will play best.

Unless Britrock is more specific we should lynch him. The End.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #618
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
So our game hasn't technically started yet.. since everyone was alive on d1 in original day one we will have a space time paradox with us seeing ourselves. We have to make sure our future self doesn't see our new past self! *dizzy*

My guess would be that we're not going to replay days. If that's the case, today's your last day, mau. Do you have any information for us?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #619
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Quiet day so far.

I don't think I'll be voting for Brit today. If he's telling the truth, I assume he'll be night killed in a day or two and I don't want to do the wolves' job for them by lynching him.

But, I will say, Brit, if you are a roled villager and have information, don't take it to the grave.

Loud and clear. I'll have more later in the day.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #620
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I wish I had something to offer.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #621
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The space/time doozies of this game are CRAZY man!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #622
fontisian
College Prospect

Guys, tomorrow is obviously day 0. That is how math works. There must have been a decade between the 2000's and 2010's that we forgot.

I don't trust brit's claim to "a role," because there's so much abiguity. An actual roleclaim, that can be counterclaimed if that's best (read:if it's not a power role), would be much better.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #623
Autumn
Head Coach

Nothing solid on Chief but I feel his posts so far have been theoretical or non-decisive. Just kind of a gut sense that makes me want to see him in the mix today.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #624
Autumn
Head Coach

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #625
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seems like we're kind of stalled waiting for more info from Brit - not sure what the point is in holding off on that if he's already decided he's going to be forthcoming
Old 09-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #626
britrock88
Pro Starter

Needed a PM to see what abilities I would have tonight, as there's a time shift coming.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #627
britrock88
Pro Starter

So here's the summary of powers from the first page:

Marty -- seer in the past
Doc -- BG in the past
Jennifer -- ?
George -- ?

Biff -- brutal
(other wolves)

Koranian leader -- brutal
(other Koranians)

...and then there's that list of other powers which may or may not be in the game.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #628
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Needed a PM to see what abilities I would have tonight, as there's a time shift coming.

That makes sense, and I wouldn't be surprised with a time shift. If there is one forwards tonight I'm pretty sure mau will be dead.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #629
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
reveal 8 minutes before lynch. Not sure I buy it

Thinking about this, he pulled this in Clue when he was roled also, so it's not unprecedented from him.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #630
fontisian
College Prospect

brit: Is it a normal time shift(forward one decade) or something different?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #631
Autumn
Head Coach

I mean technically there's a time shift every night. ;-)

Brit, are you saying you're aware of an event happening tonight, or just that tonight we will be transitioning to Day 1 which may be considered the present?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #632
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
brit: Is it a normal time shift(forward one decade) or something different?

Quote:
I mean technically there's a time shift every night. ;-)

Brit, are you saying you're aware of an event happening tonight, or just that tonight we will be transitioning to Day 1 which may be considered the present?

I actually have a choice in the matter.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #633
britrock88
Pro Starter

But I know we will pass over D1 during the dusk/dawn period, so I'm hoping mauchow shares his thoughts before he is (presumably) killed. That said, I don't know if the last couple days' votes have changed the ultimate outcome of the D1 lynch tally.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #634
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
But I know we will pass over D1 during the dusk/dawn period, so I'm hoping mauchow shares his thoughts before he is (presumably) killed. That said, I don't know if the last couple days' votes have changed the ultimate outcome of the D1 lynch tally.

They have not. Mau still has about 7 votes and the next person has 3 it appears. So if that's true, then he basically cannot be saved.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #635
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Based on what brit just said, I see no reason to vote him today. If what he suggested would happen does not, then he'll have some explaining to do tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #636
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And I already stated I've got no insight to anything other than....
Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #637
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote font
Old 09-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #638
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Chief
Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #639
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Think he's the best option. I specifically called him out yesterday and he still didn't provide any feelings on anyone. I would expect Chief by now to have something more than a reason of "going back to my Day 1" vote. His posts have been basically filler.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #640
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Other than that, my gut would say DT even though I don't have anything that great to point to. I just feel like he's not having his usual villager game.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #641
britrock88
Pro Starter

Can anyone get the vote tallies together? Pretty please?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #642
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Other than that, my gut would say DT even though I don't have anything that great to point to. I just feel like he's not having his usual villager game.

Just been busy, and historically-speaking, in "crazy mechanics" games I tend to be less active. I'm more active in less "crazy mechanics" games.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #643
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
How are we going to catch him exactly? Doesn't matter if the wolves kill a roled villager - if Brit is a wolf he can just claim to be someone else. If he's a wolf let him decide if he wants to claim a power role or a filler role. And don't give him the whole morning to decide on what will play best.

Unless Britrock is more specific we should lynch him. The End.

Quote:
Guys, tomorrow is obviously day 0. That is how math works. There must have been a decade between the 2000's and 2010's that we forgot.

I don't trust brit's claim to "a role," because there's so much abiguity. An actual roleclaim, that can be counterclaimed if that's best (read:if it's not a power role), would be much better.

1 hour apart. Trying to get momentum started on brit?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #644
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE FONTISIAN
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #645
fontisian
College Prospect

DT: If I was trying to get momemtum on brit, I would have voted for him, not just stated a general lack of trust.

brit: If there's any important information you can tell us without harming town, I suggest you do it before the night deadline.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #646
fontisian
College Prospect

Vote: Jackal
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #647
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I understand looking for more from my posts, but I'm just not feeling anything specific when it comes to gut feelings or reading posts. I am much more about vote analysis than looking for clues in posts, anyway.

Because of the hidden nature of of the mechanics in this game, there being two non-village factions, the unknown element of the past-present-future, and also simply because we have had some slim participation from some, there is very little for me to analyze right now.

You might say to analyze the voting, but with no non-villagers killed yet, there is very little we can yet tell about those votes. I'm not yet willing to throw anyone under the bus with guesswork.

Frankly, though, even if I appear to be less forthcoming, I would argue my theories on the game mechanics have been more helpful and productive than the contributions of most of the game's players to this point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #648
fontisian
College Prospect

Staying with my gut feel here, based on that first post and Jackal (and Kwit)'s reaction to my vote yesterday.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #649
fontisian
College Prospect

Bleh, I meant KWhit. Sorry about that.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #650
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
DT: If I was trying to get momemtum on brit, I would have voted for him, not just stated a general lack of trust.

brit: If there's any important information you can tell us without harming town, I suggest you do it before the night deadline.

Don't really have a lot of privileged information at this point, though I can say that I will be less powerful when we leap forward in time.