Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #251
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
That said...I'm not saying you should treat me with kid gloves or anything! I think you should believe me, as long as no one else claims to be the herbalist! If someone does claim it, there's a decision to be made. But don't let the wolves get the herbalist without showing themselves!
Post #206. Bolded part mine. I find it highly disconcerting that he says this since he looks like he's going to be lynched at that point. I may be looking for something out of nothing though.

I have to take my daughter to karate and then I'm pretty much out for the night. Good luck everyone. I have a really bad feeling that maybe RPI and Pass are villagers and the wolves are just laughing right now.

That being said, I agree with McSweeny's earlier logic of Pass is pretty much useless to us now as a herbalist if it's true, so I'm sticking with that.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #252
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, forgot to bold:

But don't let the wolves get the herbalist without showing themselves!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 PM   #253
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Checking in, man there's a lot to read and I simply don't have the time to read it while here on my roomie's pc. Hopefully, cross your fingers, I'll have my pc up later today.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #254
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, from past experiences in games, RPI is always pushing really hard at the beginning of games with absolutely no evidence at all. I think thats just the way he plays. I think at this point that one of the two (Pass and RPI) is probably a wolf, but I'm kinda with RA on this one in thinking it'd be alittle ridiculous to draw this much attention on himself if he were a wolf (RPI). I'm really confused at this point.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #255
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so many opinins. I think we're barking up the wrong tree with both Pass & RPI. Like has been said before the wolves are just loving this right now. Being a past baddie, I know when stuff like this happened we just sat back and watched. My gut says they're both good. I have to stick w/ SirFozzie only because he hasn't posted much after acussing me of the same.

I'm out for the night. Let's hope we get a wolf and my gut is wrong on this one.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #256
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree with SnDVls.

I believe Pass. Based on what I've seen of his gameplay this is consistent with how he's played. I also think that having him around for a Vizzini's Cup scenerio with the wolves is good for the villagers. I support his move.

I also believe that RPI is innocent. I think he's an aggressive player and truly believes Pass is guilty.

And so I'm going to vote for neither. That said I don't really have a good feel for anyone else. However, I think it's MORE of a mistake to vote for someone who I am confident about being good. Looking around there's only one other person with votes at this point so that's what I'm doing. I don't think I'm right, but I feel better about it than RPI and Pass.

UNVOTE PASSACAGALIA

VOTE MCSWEENY
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #257
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
so many opinins. I think we're barking up the wrong tree with both Pass & RPI. Like has been said before the wolves are just loving this right now. Being a past baddie, I know when stuff like this happened we just sat back and watched. My gut says they're both good. I have to stick w/ SirFozzie only because he hasn't posted much after acussing me of the same.

I'm out for the night. Let's hope we get a wolf and my gut is wrong on this one.

sold

UNVOTE PASSACAGLIA

VOTE SIRFOZZIE
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #258
McSweeny
College Starter

doesn't Fozzie work all night? could that be why he's been so silent?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:02 PM   #259
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anyone have a vote count? I'm not really sold on McSweeny and if there looks like a different viable third contender for votes emerging I'd like to through my vote that away.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im heading out and will be gone until about an hour after vote deadline...im sticking on pass, best of luck to the group in a suddenly wide open vote
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #261
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

UNVOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIEST

At this point my vote was worthless. I'm going to wait until more info is brought forth at this point before casting a vote. Personally, I don't think Pass would pretend to be the herbalist if he really wasn't....
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #262
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Dola, forgot to bold:

But don't let the wolves get the herbalist without showing themselves!

I'm not sure what's so disconcerting about this. I try to present things objectively, as I think that will help my case. However, in that case, I spoke from my viewpoint, as the herbalist. If I'm not going to be believed, at least let me not be believed by having someone else say they're the herbalist!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #263
st.cronin
General Manager

rule clarification

If a wolf votes, his vote will not count, right? So we can at least somewhat logically reverse-vote count to figure out who may or may not be a wolf? Is that how this works?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #264
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
rule clarification

If a wolf votes, his vote will not count, right? So we can at least somewhat logically reverse-vote count to figure out who may or may not be a wolf? Is that how this works?

Wolf votes count. If they didn't count, it would be easier to find out who's a wolf.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #265
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's my vote count:

Quote:
SNDVLS -- SirFozzie
Pennywiseb -- ardent
PASSACAGLIA -- RPI, RA, Blade
McSweeny -- kingfc22, dubb, Barkeep
RPI-FAN -- MrW, Sack, Pass
SirFozzie -- st.cronin

Still anyone's lynching.

EDITED because Blade voted me as just PASS, not PASSACAGLIA, and I had a separate row for that. Just in case I have the secret 'lawyer' role, who can nitpick his way out of a lynching!

Last edited by Passacaglia : 11-16-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #266
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
so we've got a handfull of guys trying to deflect votes from Pass and some guys trying to deflect votes from RPI.

i don't know what the hell is really going on

That's the fun of werewolf!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #267
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I did tend to believe Pass with his first reveal, although painting a scenario where he is a wolf, and a brilliant one at that here:

Quote:
Option B -- I'm a wolf, trying to out the herbalist. Not a bad ploy, since I was already on the block before this, and I might as well try to get something out of it. And I went for a mild target -- I mean, I know the seer won't speak up if I claim I'm the seer.

Why would Pass even present that argument? Its something I've NEVER done when I've been on the block, I always deny, deny, deny. I never admit to seeing where the other camp is coming from, but that is exactly what Pass did here, and he even admitted the herbalist is a mild target.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I firmly believe that RPI is innocent. There is no way a wolf would push this hard on day one. There is no point to it. If Pass is innocent RPI is pretty well dead, and if RPI was a wolf he would know if Pass was a wolf or not. I can't even think of a way where RPI is a wolf, although.....

McSweeny has been very fishy, jumping his vote all around and changing his mind. Appears he tried to jump on RPI's side and then when RPI's side became the losing side he switched his vote to him. Mcsweeny has been acting crazy today and my vote isn't going to be changed.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #268
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
so if Pass does get lynched tonight and turns out to be the herbalist, that means that RPI will be following him to the gallows tomorrow. One of the two will turn out to be a wolf right?

Wrong, there is just as good of a chance that both are innocent than there are that 1 is the wolf. If Pass turns out to be the herbalist then RPI is innocent. He's a vetern, and wouldn't be stupid enough to push this hard to lynch an "outted" herbalist on day 1 if he were a wolf. Your thought process has been all over today, passing blame from person to person depending on the bandwagon.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #269
McSweeny
College Starter

so when is the deadline?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #270
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
UNVOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIEST

At this point my vote was worthless. I'm going to wait until more info is brought forth at this point before casting a vote. Personally, I don't think Pass would pretend to be the herbalist if he really wasn't....

You, sir, are a gentleman. That said, I'm at least temporarily online here on my computer. I don't know much about routers, but I assume I'm going to need one or something. I suppose I should just call Comcast and tell them to hook me up.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:03 PM   #271
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

8:07 here right now, he said the deadline was 9, although I'm not real sure what time zone we are on now, or what time zone the deadline was based on.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #272
Passacaglia
Coordinator

He said 9 eastern. So we've got less than an hour.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:08 PM   #273
McSweeny
College Starter

ok so it looks like it's going to be Passacaglia, RPI, or myself

-I have no idea if Pass or RPI is a wolf, but i'd like to think that one of them is a wolf.
-I know i'm not a wolf and i was just trying to protect myself earlier this evening when it looked like i had my neck in the noose. It looks like that respite was only temporary...
-RPI came on too strong with his accusations
-Pass claimed to be the herbalist

is this all we have to go on? is it coin-flip time?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought I would have a little time between work and heading out tonight to catch up on the action but the weather has slammed that window shut. Good luck to everyone tonight/tomorrow. I hope to be around before the deadline and in time to see where today's actions have taken us.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #275
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This weather here in Chicago sucks.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #276
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls

*laughs* I was asleep. I had my drug test today for my new job.. I go to work, I come home, then go to the oral surgeon.

But if it makes you feel better..

UNVOTE SNDVLS

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Although I do note that RPI is pushing way strong here. Perhaps a wolf v wolf fight (one of them is the cunning wolf?) that conclusively "Clears" one in our eyes, to have the Cunning Wolf hide in our midst.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-16-2005 at 07:28 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #277
Blade6119
Coordinator

So we still have another hour becuase i just got back?...i hate how Phoenix switches time zones, i never know my relation to east coast time
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #278
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blade: It's 8:30 here on the east coast.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #279
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Although I do note that RPI is pushing way strong here. Perhaps a wolf v wolf fight (one of them is the cunning wolf?) that conclusively "Clears" one in our eyes, to have the Cunning Wolf hide in our midst.

I worry about this too, but the seer should clear that up eventually...my bet is one wolf is in the heat of the argument and and one has no one looking at him...the other one or two are making minor comments here or there...i still say take a shot on pass since this whole situation has been iffy

PING NEON: Does the cunning wolf appear to the seer as a villager too or just post mortem??

Also, people have said 4 wolves, but i feel strongly its no more then 3 right now...The cursed trait could add to their numbers, and neon said their could be more then one cursed indivdiual
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 07:47 PM   #280
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

The reason I'm "pushing this hard" is because it's the first time we have anything near concrete evidence of a wolf on Day 1. This is a rare opportunity and we MUST carpe diem.

Given the thought of most people that there's a 50/50 shot Pass is a wolf, that is about a 40-45% better chance than we ever have on Day 1!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #281
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
He's done this before and ended up being a wolf, I think. Modus operandi?

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY

VOTE RPI-FAN

Nope. The one time I was a wolf I played the exact OPPOSITE way -- nobody ever brought up my name in the wolf discussion until at least one week into the game!

The only other game I ever played, I was certainly an agressive villager, and I like to think that near the end it ended up with us having pretty much total domination over the wolves before they forfeited.

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 11-16-2005 at 07:49 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #282
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Alright, it's a shame I have to post a "defense", but I guess I might as well:

Do you think I would call Pass's play "dumb" to claim herbalist (whether or not he actually is) and then go around screaming bloody murder that he's the wolf? The ONLY sense in doing so, as someone mentioned, is in some kind of wolf-wolf tandem play, and that simply isn't the case here. I'm not that smart -- I just call it like I see it, and right now I see that Pass has a very good chance of being the wolf.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #283
Blade6119
Coordinator

By my count pass has 4 and mc and rpi have 3...whatever happens we cant have a tie, as the duke has to decide and in the past neon reveals who the duke is to break the tie...i cant stress no matter who it is, we must decide on someone...no tie
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #284
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay. I'll back off RPI-Fan for a while.

UNVOTE RPI-FAN

VOTE MCSWEENY
Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #285
McSweeny
College Starter

now it looks like a two horse race

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #286
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Okay. I'll back off RPI-Fan for a while.

UNVOTE RPI-FAN

VOTE MCSWEENY

LOL, your not doing it to back off rpi...your doing it to create a fucking tie THE EXACT POST AFTER I SAY WE CANT HAVE A TIE!!!!....
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #287
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
now it looks like a two horse race

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

dola, thank you for breaking the tie....lol, 5 minutes left...anyone else want to screw with my heart?
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #288
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
LOL, your not doing it to back off rpi...your doing it to create a fucking tie THE EXACT POST AFTER I SAY WE CANT HAVE A TIE!!!!....

I agree it's a strategic wolf play, but in his defense his vote was changed exactly at the same time as your post.

I do agree with you that a tie would not be good here.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #289
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
...anyone else want to screw with my heart?

i want to see other people
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #290
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
i want to see other people

FINE!! i was going to dump your ass tomorrow anyways!!

i had it all planned
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #291
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
What about the possibility of not lynching anyone on Day 1?

Haven't really let the consequences run through my mind, but I'm not seeing tons of negatives to it, necessarily.

i do find it odd, of course i see it post deadline when looking over the thread, that he first pushed for no lynch....then goes over kill to lynch the herbalist(i havent seen results, so dont know if he is or isnt)...seems really odd now that i see both of those pieces...i think i might have made the wrong call, dont know....i hate day 1
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #292
McSweeny
College Starter

well that's that

i barely survived
Old 11-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #293
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
During the Day Phase, everyone votes to lynch one player. In case of a tie, the player who got his first vote last will be lynched.

Quote:
I didn't include that in the list of common Day 1 concepts because it didn't apply to this one. There are some games that require a certain number of votes to lynch someone, but it sounds like this one would invoke a lynch even if there was a 1-1 tie with everyone else abstaining.

With that in mind, not voting is generally bad form. Those voting patterns are important information later in the game when running "villager or wolf" scenarios.

My duke theory was also wrong...that is how a tie is decided per the rules...thank you to hoops for catching that back on page 2
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #294
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
i do find it odd, of course i see it post deadline when looking over the thread, that he first pushed for no lynch....then goes over kill to lynch the herbalist(i havent seen results, so dont know if he is or isnt)...seems really odd now that i see both of those pieces...i think i might have made the wrong call, dont know....i hate day 1

I wasn't "pushing" for no lynch... it was something I hadn't ever seen discussed in a WW game before (granted, I've only played in and even read just a handful of them), and thought it was worth putting on the table.

And if you made the wrong call, it's because it was villager vs. villager... I'm not a wolf.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #295
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Late villager checking in.

havent heared anything from king...something to watch for in the next few rounds

NOTE: Im reviewing all the pages and posting my thoughts
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #296
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
That's why I figure there has to be four wolves, Foz.

Because in the event that two werewolves were paired as lovers and one was lynched, the other would die. With two wolves, that ends the game instantly, and with three, that leaves only one. It would be a significant setback for them.

So I gotta figure we're dealing with probably four. That way if the unexpected does happen, there's still two wolves for us to root out.

I still say we have 3, due to the cursed trait which at least one if not more villagers have...its like the dons son, could be 4-5 if they get them, but right now id bet on 3
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #297
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm bummed to see that there hasn't been any real conversation up to this point. I realize that first day sucks, but if we don't get any kind of conversation going then we end up 100% random (instead of 80-90% random, maybe?) on our lynch selection. Which makes it easier to hide a vote - huge advantage to wolves.

I'm hoping to be back online later this afternoon for a decent block of time prior to the vote.

As a general note, I know that several of us (me included) posted about availability issues for today and onwards. I would be cautious as the game moves on if people continue to have last-minute issues preventing them from contributing to the conversation. There have been several cases of wolves trying to keep a low-profile by posting about their real life commitments keeping them from contributing as much as they might like. This isn't meant to try and weed out the people who have activities beyond our message board, but make sure to hold people accountable for their votes (or lack thereof) throughout the game. Villagers generally want to play an active role in their team winning, not let the other villagers figure it out for them.

Ill echo this as its a good thought...just because someone says they have to go to X place at Y time, doesnt mean they arent a wolf just keeping a low profile
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #298
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I think Blade's post asking Neon for clarifications is very suspicious, but I don't want to spread the votes around right now. Whether or not he's a wolf, I like his reasoning on his vote.

Vote Passacaglia

Care to elaborate on what you found suspicious about it(yes, im asking you to draw up reasons why im bad)...id be interested in why my tryign to better understand a new role is fishy?
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #299
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Here is the next thought - if someone else is the herbalist should they come forward and condemn Pass directly or try to be subtle about it? I think a one-to-one trade is probably worth it, but it would be even better to succeed in guiding the group to hang the fake herbalist while maintaining their secrecy. I think this would be very hard to do but would stand up and applaud at the end of the game if someone does pull that off.

I dont love hoops quietly pushing to get the real herbalist out of the shadows(if pass wasnt it)...could be nothing, but hoops is very smart and this would be a subtle way to push it that way
Demotivation
Old 11-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #300
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My quick thoughts: No matter what happens, I think we need the seer to check out RPI tonight. UNLESS Neon states that the seer cannot detect the Cunning Wolf.