Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #601
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
well other than the odd apparent ignoring of Spiderman by Galactus (any explanation for that Spiderman?) the only bit of information we have to go on is that someone may have attempted to help the opposition in the rescue mutant mission. So I shall attack one of them today for lack of a better target.

With all due respect to the creepy-crawly one, space battle isn't really his forte. There is only so much you can do with a web.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #602
hoopsguy
General Manager

A moderator note on "flavor" description in PMs and in "event" posts like Galactus, End of Day, and End of Night - some of the information is calculated, some of it is not. Some of it reflects decisions made in this thread, while others are potentially paying homage to comic book events that correlate with this theme. There is a chance that I may not include everyone, or have a description that is interpreted in a manner that I did not initially intend.

Please continue to read the posts, obsess over them as you feel is warranted, etc, etc. But "buyer beware" on the conclusions you may draw from them!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #603
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I was curious about Walking Zippo and my damage "whose impact could not readily be discerned." I don't know if that means that our fire did more damage below the surface or was completely without impact. I like to think (and am intrigued by) the first. As for Spidey, I'm willing to give him a pass thinking that he's not suited for this stuff.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #604
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
the only bit of information we have to go on is that someone may have attempted to help the opposition in the rescue mutant mission.

The powers that be indicated that sabotage from within the team would be stated clearly. There was no such indication in our mission.

If Prelate Grey is correct, that outside interference led to our defeat, I would look amongst those who did not participate in either mission. I believe that one or more of the rebels used their daily standard action to defeat the mission -- acting external to the team rather than internal.

By my count, the following did not go on either mission:
Nightcrawler
Hulk
Professor X
Iron Fist
Mimic
Henry Pym
Dr. Doom
Cable
Doctor Strange
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Jewel
Punisher
Scarlet Witch
Silver Samurai
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #605
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Hehe, love that my post comes just after that...thanks Hoops!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #606
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm jumping the no-show bandwagon

standard attack Iron Fist
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #607
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
A moderator note on "flavor" description in PMs and in "event" posts like Galactus, End of Day, and End of Night - some of the information is calculated, some of it is not. Some of it reflects decisions made in this thread, while others are potentially paying homage to comic book events that correlate with this theme. There is a chance that I may not include everyone, or have a description that is interpreted in a manner that I did not initially intend.

Please continue to read the posts, obsess over them as you feel is warranted, etc, etc. But "buyer beware" on the conclusions you may draw from them!

[ooc]Do you accurately indicate every single person that went on the mission in the writeups?[\ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #608
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just a note - I'm not (necessarily) defending Spider-Man here. Any more than I am Quicksilver from earlier today. Just putting it out there before someone gets lynched on account of me not writing them well enough
Old 10-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #609
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
[ooc]Do you accurately indicate every single person that went on the mission in the writeups?[\ooc]

Yes, and if I miss someone they should let me know so I can update it accordingly.

I think you had mentioned Colossus earlier for the Mission - he was included in the writeup and (in interests of full disclosure) was factored in as a member of the Brotherhood of Mutants for calculating the mission results.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #610
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Yes, and if I miss someone they should let me know so I can update it accordingly.

I think you missed the part where I stared into the eyes of the planet gobbler, tore his soul out, reach in and ripped out his Satan-filled heart, and squished it in my hand. At least I think you missed that part...just saying.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #611
Cable
Mascot

I fear my availability is limited the rest of today. Since I feel I need to make a 'vote' I'll go ahead and vote for a no show.

STANDARD ATTACK IRON FIST
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #612
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
The powers that be indicated that sabotage from within the team would be stated clearly. There was no such indication in our mission.

If Prelate Grey is correct, that outside interference led to our defeat, I would look amongst those who did not participate in either mission. I believe that one or more of the rebels used their daily standard action to defeat the mission -- acting external to the team rather than internal.

By my count, the following did not go on either mission:
Nightcrawler
Hulk
Professor X
Iron Fist
Mimic
Henry Pym
Dr. Doom
Cable
Doctor Strange
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Jewel
Punisher
Scarlet Witch
Silver Samurai

I must disagree with your statement here somewhat Magneto. Prelate Grey and Ms. Frost either said they could not determine if the opposition to the attack came from within the mission or without or that it while it was likely it came from outside, still within the realm of possibility that it came from within the mission team, despite what we've been told about sabotage. So I chose to attack one of those who went on the mission, but rightly so on your part there is good reason to attack one who did not. And I also chose him because Gambit has been pretty quiet.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #613
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Catching up. My mission was successful as I have made new contacts inside the resistance who are now loyal to lord Apocalypse
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #614
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Fixed.

Hah
Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #615
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Sabotage = public reveal of the saboteur.

This is the answer I was referring to, Dr. Pym. Had the sabotage been done by a member of the team, s/he would have been revealed. No one was.

If Prelate Grey is correct, and the misson was defeated rather than failing on its own, it was defeated by someone external to the mission.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #616
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Catching up. My mission was successful as I have made new contacts inside the resistance who are now loyal to lord Apocalypse

I'm a bit perplexed as to what this means.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #617
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

It appears Iron Fist is our top lynch candidate so far. If he hasn't even checked in yet, then I see no harm in him being the kill as he's useless no matter which side he is on.

Still, I don't want to pile on too much. I'll need to leave in an hour and finalize my vote before then. Is there another inactive character besides Iron Fist? I might throw my vote that way.

I would also like to welcome Spider Man to team SHIELD.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #618
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I'm a bit perplexed as to what this means.

(OOC) It means nothing out of character. My missions are solely for RP purposes for why I am away while at work.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #619
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
(OOC) It means nothing out of character. My missions are solely for RP purposes for why I am away while at work.

Drat! And here I was hoping we'd just hit paydirt on something
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #620
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
This is the answer I was referring to, Dr. Pym. Had the sabotage been done by a member of the team, s/he would have been revealed. No one was.

If Prelate Grey is correct, and the misson was defeated rather than failing on its own, it was defeated by someone external to the mission.

This is true, I think we should look more towards those who are inactive at this point than those who at least appear to be trying to help the cause.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #621
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:

Quote:

Yes Magneto, that is what I was referring to as well when I said despite what we have been told. If you can convince me that there is a strong candidate from the group outside those in the mission then I will consider changing my attack. I just find it unlikely though that all the members of the team that went on that mission are loyal to Lord Apocalypse, so hence my attack.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #622
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
With all due respect to the creepy-crawly one, space battle isn't really his forte. There is only so much you can do with a web.

I read this the same way, though not as colloquially phrased.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #623
HenryPym
Mascot

ah my apologies from the double quote there.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #624
SilverSurfer
Mascot

[quote=hoopsguy;1854070]The assault on Galactus is something to behold. Silver Surfer, the 1st Prelate of Apocalypse, leads the charge against his once-master, unleashing a torrent of cosmic energy against the colossal being. Kang the Conqueror and Mr. Fantastic center their attacks on the massive machine that would assist with devouring a planet. Human Torch and Ghost Rider project varying flame attacks, whose impact cannot readily be discerned. The Vision attempts to disrupt Galactus with his phasing and energy powers, but to not avail. SpiderMan is also on hand, although his impact is not acknowledged by the Devourer of Worlds.[/quote]

Vision, were you conserving energy?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #625
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Yes Magneto, that is what I was referring to as well when I said despite what we have been told. If you can convince me that there is a strong candidate from the group outside those in the mission then I will consider changing my attack. I just find it unlikely though that all the members of the team that went on that mission are loyal to Lord Apocalypse, so hence my attack.

Five people went on the mission, so chances are probably decent that 1 of them is not loyal to apocalypse. But it's no more likely to hit pay dirt than grouping every other person into a group of 5 and picking randomly from them.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #626
SilverSurfer
Mascot

The quote function is one of those human things I have not understood as well as I might.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #627
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
The quote function is one of those human things I have not understood as well as I might.

I can just imagine a hero being able to save the known universe and then coming home to his children who make fun of him/her for not knowing how to send a text message.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #628
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Wanda, thank you for accepting my invitation. Please indicate your intent to go on the Galactus mission as well, if you please.

[ ooc - unless you already have by PM of course ]

I'm sorry I was unable to join the mission, if my presence was requested. I'll be more than happy to join you on the next one.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #629
hoopsguy
General Manager

Attack log, as of Post #628

Post #284: Scarlet Witch attacks Magneto
Post #456: Magneto attacks NickFury
Post #487: Punisher attacks SpiderMan
Post #539: JeanGrey attacks IronFist
Post #547: Quicksilver attacks JeanGrey
Post #550: Spider-Man attacks Punisher
Post #562: Apocalypse attacks Hulk
Post #563: EmmaFrost attacks Vision
Post #568: SilverSurfer attacks SilverSamurai
Post #576: Colossus attacks HumanTorch
Post #594: Mr.Fantastic attacks DrDoom
Post #595: Firebird attacks IronFist
Post #597: Kang attacks IronFist
Post #599: HenryPym attacks Gambit
Post #606: GhostRider attacks IronFist
Post #611: Cable attacks IronFist

No attack posted: Nightcrawler, Hulk, Prof X, Iron Fist, Mimic, Vision, Beast, Dr Doom, Dr. Strange, Aardwolf, Nick Fury, Jewel, Human Torch, Gambit, Silver Samurai
Old 10-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #630
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Prelate Grey and Ms. Frost either said they could not determine if the opposition to the attack came from within the mission or without

I am only pointing out the inaccuracy of this statement, Dr. Pym. An attack made by a member from within the mission would have been publically stated. Your allegation here that it was otherwise is false, and looks very much like an attempt to smear mutants.

Prelate Grey stated that the mission was countered by forces unknown. I am alleging that the person(s) who countered the mission likely had to do so using a daytime action, and thus could not have attended another mission.

You may choose to ignore the evidence in front of you at your own peril.

I have matters to attend to. I may return before night falls, but I make no guarantees.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #631
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

The Vision is here but momentarily, as my attention is urgently needed elsewhere. I hope to return in time for the lynch, but if not, I should not wish to not attack.

I'll stay my hand against the Professor for the time being, and:

Because he has not checked in.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #632
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom hasn't checked in either right? I wouldn't be opposed to killing him and Iron Fist. It is time to crush those who oppose Apocalypse and those who sit around and do nothing deserve a grenade at their feet
Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #633
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Doom hasn't checked in either right? I wouldn't be opposed to killing him and Iron Fist. It is time to crush those who oppose Apocalypse and those who sit around and do nothing deserve a grenade at their feet

And this is why I am happily a follower a Nick Fury.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #634
HumanTorch
n00b

Nick does have a certain style...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #635
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

STANDARD ATTACK Dr. Doom.

Time for some house cleaning
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #636
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
STANDARD ATTACK Dr. Doom.

Time for some house cleaning

STANDARD ATTACK Dr. Doom

You can just assume anything Nick Fury says is bold!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #637
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Calvin - would you care to join the Brotherhood? We feel that you would make an incredibly valuable addition to our team.

INVITE MIMIC TO BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
I have thought this over and I will JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS only to keep you nearby. I don't trust you completely, but Magneto has proven his worth.

Being near some of the most powerful players in the game will help me in my quest to do Lord Apocalypse's bidding.

I will also use a STANDARD ATTACK ON JEWEL because I can't stand cheaters and I picture the singer, not the comic book character.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #638
Tyrith
College Starter

Just as a convenience request, we would ask that you put votes, team joins, and other in-thread declare actions each on their own lines at the end of a post. It just makes it easier for to keep track of stuff. However, votes not posted as such until this point will still stand.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #639
Mimic
High School JV

[ooc]I think it's important to remember that just because someone is using a standard attack doesn't necessarily mean it's only one point of damage/energy.[/ooc]
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #640
HumanTorch
n00b

Standard Attack Dr. Doom
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #641
hoopsguy
General Manager

Team membership - as always, please update me with any required corrections (including post #'s, if applicable)

Brotherhood of Mutants: Magneto, ProfessorX, JeanGrey, Quicksilver, EmmaFrost, Mimic

Brethren: Nightcrawler, Firebird, Cable

Strike Squad: Vision, Mr.Fantastic, SilverSurfer, Hulk, HumanTorch, Kang, Scarlet Witch, HenryPym

SHIELD: NickFury, GhostRider, Spider-Man

CHIKARA: SilverSamurai
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #642
Colossus
n00b

You missed my verification of joining the brotherhood of Mutants, post 585
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #643
ProfessorX
Mascot

All - Dr. Doom will be making a late appearance to our quest, as has already been mentioned by The Powers. Therefore I feel an attack on him is baseless, without at least hearing what he has to say first.

I will be back before the deadline (9 CST). I am interested in discussing the following: Iron Fist has not checked in, but I saw mention of Jewel - did Jewel check in? If so, that is another member who has been strangely quiet, and perhaps I might be persuaded to look in that direction, to prevent a pile-on onto Iron Fist.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #644
HumanTorch
n00b

I will be around for the next few hours, so things can change if necessary.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #645
Nightcrawler
n00b

STANDARD ATTACK ON IRON FIST
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #646
Nightcrawler
n00b

Yes, Jewel has checked in.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #647
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse View Post
We are disappointed in the lack of success in the last mission. We expect success in the next outing. Remember my subjects that we may determine not to have a death today with no ill effect, so be careful with whom you attack. I expect an attack from all however, as it does not do us good to recieve less energy back.

Forgive me my Lord Apocalypse, but I feel it my duty to you and to my comrades in this undertaking, but I, in an effort to gain a comprehensive understanding of all the events currently surrounding us, gained a clarification from our GMs regarding the daily demise mechanic.

Someone will perish every day. Even if no attacks have been perpetrated in this public environment, the member of your followers that is, at the conclusion of the days' events, the possessor of the lowest vitality will die.

Taking that fact into consideration, I believe it may be more prudent to focus our collective attentions on someone that appears to be neglecting their duty to you.

If we draw the logical conclusions from the unsuccessful attempt to detain the mutant, some of the component persons of that force will have suffered damage to their constitution. As such, the inadvertant side effect of dispersing our public attacks could be the unexpected death of someone who has already demonstrated their willingness to do whatever is necessary to promote and expand your reign

vote iron fist
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #648
Beast
n00b

Perhaps I should clarify my intentions as

Standard Attack Iron Fist
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #649
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[quote=SilverSurfer;1854148]
Quote:
The assault on Galactus is something to behold. Silver Surfer, the 1st Prelate of Apocalypse, leads the charge against his once-master, unleashing a torrent of cosmic energy against the colossal being. Kang the Conqueror and Mr. Fantastic center their attacks on the massive machine that would assist with devouring a planet. Human Torch and Ghost Rider project varying flame attacks, whose impact cannot readily be discerned. The Vision attempts to disrupt Galactus with his phasing and energy powers, but to not avail. SpiderMan is also on hand, although his impact is not acknowledged by the Devourer of Worlds.[/quote]

Vision, were you conserving energy?

Surfer, I used three energy points.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #650
ProfessorX
Mascot

excellent point Beast.

ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote