Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 06:38 PM   #51
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by digamma:

Come on, now!!! How can it not be the Ron Powlus Scholarship?

Beano: "Ron Powlus will win three Heisman Trophys."

Powlus was bringing ND down before you, Blitz. He was your John the Baptist. The least you could do is name a scholarship after him.

Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:38 PM   #52
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kekkonen:

Whatever happened to Ron Powlus? My hatred of Notre Dame football stems largely from the early-to-mid 90's, when an European NBC affiliate (which may not exist anymore) sent all ND home games live here in Europe for about three years running, starting from Ron's freshman season. I just got REALLY fed up with the ND and Ron Powlus brown-nosing by the commentators; before the first season was half-way through, I found myself rooting for whoever it was that happened to visit South Bend.

Of course, the sad thing is, I had to watch each game. It was just about the only football I got here.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #53
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Let's go with The Powlus-Jones Scholarship! Yahoo! Compromise is fun!

In doing a quick search on the net something came up from '99 that said he got cut from Detroit in that year? Might be wrong here; the website was pretty disorganized and out of date.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #54
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 13
It’s a tie! Dead even! Both Neely and Sherman accepted the Rudy Scholarship at the same time! Somewhere back there I thought I mentioned what I would do in the case of a tie. Let’s see…nope…no such foresight. Humm. What to do? We’ll cut one in the fall, as I can’t axe anyone now, and two are too many. But who to cut? I know, let’s roll a Die of Doom! I have nearby a large red Las Vegas die. If it’s a 1,2,3, Sherman gets the axe; 4,5,6 Neely’s gone. Here we go!

2! Sherman gets hit with the Die of Doom, and will be summarily axed from the program next fall, after he arrives on campus with all his bags, after he buys all his textbooks, and after he registers for classes. Life is so cruel sometimes, and all this FOF2002 exitement and disappointment has got me in a bad mood. When you get the word next fall, don’t blame me, Shermie; it’s all EA’s fault. Just send email to their customer service if you’re not happy. They’ll get right in touch with you. Wait. Even though he is the dumbest student in the US, he’s can’t be dumb enough to believe that. I’ll have to come up with something better.

The Game
#102 Connecticut in New England. This is probably the last game we have to worry about winning, as the last two games on our schedule (BC & Penn State) should be easy defeats.

The Result
We led 10-0 going into the 4th quarter thanks to a long field goal drive and a Connecticut fumble that gave us an easy TD. Otherwise the game was dead even in terms of yardage and gameplay. But almost on que as the game entered the 4th quarter, Connecticut’s running game erupted for 17 unanswered points to take the game 17-10!!!! We lose again!

One of the hard things in finding a star in defeat is that you are looking for someone who either did stuff egregiously bad or didn’t do anything at all; while it’s easy to find the bonehead plays, the guys that don’t do anything all game are trickier to pick out of the stats. But after a while of looking I found our star. He had no carries, no blocks, and only one reception for a measly 3 yards. His name? Your friend and mine: FB Briggs!!!! Yes, he deserves it. Despite his game-winning rush a week ago, we will forgive him—-he was most likely affected by the concussion. We proudly hand him the QuikSand Game Ball for his efforts today.

Record 3-6; Rank #85

Well, another productive day of destroying Notre Dame football. We are up there with the big guys now and things are looking good on the field. Our last two games should be walks. But that sword of Damicles is wiggling, swaying slightly more with each loss we take. And soon, friends, we must walk under that sword. Monday is the day: our date with destiny. Yes, if all goes according to schedule, Monday is the day we should press that fateful “End Season” button. Will our plummeting rankings and rocketing loss totals cause that sharp blade to fall, sending us to the dark depths of the unemployment line? Or will the good god Gindin stay the blade one more time, and give us just one more chance, one more chance to bring this haloed institution to the promised land, one more chance to make babies bubble with glee when their mommies say, “Things have not always been this way, my dear son. Once upon a time, in a mythical land called Gindinland, the big bad ogre called Notre Dame football finally, yes, finally got its royal ass kicked.” It’s no longer just for us, fans; we’re doing it for all those cute babies. God, are you listening? It’s the babies that count, god! One more year. That’s all I ask.

BC tomorrow. Till then, Go Irish! Yee-haw!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #55
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 14
Report cards came in a couple of weeks ago, but so much has been going on with all that ESPN stuff that we didn’t get a chance to talk about them. Some news of concern: S Chapman, last year’s Rudy Scholarship Winner, is starting to flirt with disaster. His low grade is now a D+. Candy, our new team tutor, gives him emergency one-on-one time to help change his academic direction. RB Brock Gray is steady at a C- low. What a success story this man has become! Just his academic success alone is remarkable: the dumbest and least talented hs senior in the US in 2001 is now carrying a 2.26 GPA in his second year at Notre Dame! But take a look at these 2003 stats on the field: 9 of 9 starts, 112 carries, 582 yards, 5.1 avg, 2 TD’s. Wow! Not done yet though. Frost his cake with this: he’s happy as a pig in poop (95 rating) and got a stunning redhead named Danielle for a babe. I think this proves it conclusively: if you are really dumb and suck at football, you can still be a tremendous success at Notre Dame. Apply now. In mass. Tell them Godzilla told you it was ok.

Elsewhere, the 35% study time has really brought a lot more A’s to our program; 25 students on the roster have a LOW grade in the A range. We sure are bright, aren’t we!

Pregame
Pass me my rocking chair, please; this season is over. We have no chance in our last two games. Victory laps. Cruise control. Movie credits. Today we play as 13-point underdogs against #34 (6-4) Boston College. Enjoy the feast BC! Happy to oblige! Local 5 will carry all the action…

The Result
Rollin rollin rollin, rollin rollin rollin, rollin rollin rolliiiin RAWHIDE! Boston College 55, Notre Dame 3!! Party time in Notre Dame! And have we got a stat for you! QB Barnes (2-7, 54 yards, 1 int) was lame. But that is not the stat. RB Gray (8 carries, 9 yards) was lame as well. But that is not the stat. This is the stat: QB Brady, who came on to play the second half, has this line: 3-11, -5 yards, 1 interception, and 1 fumble. How’s that for a productive passing attack? Yes, minus five yards passing in the second half! Add in sack and penalty yardage and it really gets good. Need we say more? Vaj Game Ball, here you are, Mr. Brady. Try not to drop it.

Once again we avoided a shutout though. These mental breakdowns annoy me so! Today’s Corn in the Poop Distinction falls on CB McAnus, whose interception and return deep into BC territory set up K Bart Cohen with a chipshot even he couldn’t miss. McAnus will be duct-taped to a PS2 and forced to play 100 games of Madden2002, All Madden level, Houston Texans against the All-Time All-Madden team. One Miller beer consumer per point given up, no bathroom breaks allowed. Eat that, High Life man.

But still, what joy is this…

Record 3-7; Rank #92!!!!

Thanks again for stopping by! Be sure to bring your seat warmers for tomorrow’s 2003 grand finale, as we entertain #15 Penn State on TV3, in front of 80,000 delirious Notre Dame faithful. Pssssst. Don’t worry: we are 30-point underdogs.

If we get our last recruit, we’ll show you the incoming laddies' stats as well. See you then! Go Irish!!! Yee-haw!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #56
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 15
Whoa! Somehow I missed an important event last week. Our starting QB, Everett Barnes, got rung up in the game last week. He’s got a dislocated shoulder, and will be out until the snow melts. That means that our hero from last week’s game, freshman QB Ron Brady, will get the start against #11 Penn State! Oh joy! Ron is one of our recruits from last year, and this guy is bad, let me tell you! I’ll spare you all the details, but this should say it well enough: in his all important passing categories, his highest red bar is a three for medium passes. All the rest are zeros.

Pregame
With QB Barnes out, the question floating around campus is whether we have a chance to break our all-time defeat record of 76-3 set earlier this year against Michigan. Penn State is slightly ahead of Michigan in the ratings, so that looks good. We have a lot more players hurt now, so that helps too. Plus, our 10% practice, 10% football study, and %10 weight lifting have got to have helped keep our development down this season. The Michigan game was quite a performance, but it is not a ridiculous thought to think that we could come close to that today. And wouldn’t it be something to break 100? Is that possible? The Michigan game was 59-0 at the half, so I would have to think that it could happen if we really wish it to be. Oh, goals in life add so much flavor.

The Result
Penn State 49, Notre Dame 12. A solid loss to be sure, but nowhere near the gargantuan defeat we had hoped for. Penn State ran the ball too often to generate megapoints, and they also had quite a few turnovers, penalties, and missed field goals. For our part, we must have had something in our Gatorade, because our defense and running game had inspired days. It was our passing game that saved the day for us though. Mr. Brady (3 for 35, 14 yards, 0 TD’s, 0 ints) had a day for the ages! Yes, you read that right! He completed 3 of 35 passes! Boy, do we love this guy! This of course leads us to the game ball award. We would love to give it to Brady, but he got his last week. However, we don’t have to search long. The other end of our passing game presents us with an even more hilarious and admirable performance: WR Joey Murray. Joey is a darkside receiver with lots of talent, but today he took a big step forward in committing to the forces of light. Replacing an injured WR Linville early in the first quarter, Murray was Brady’s target of choice 26 times today. That’s right, 26 of Brady’s 35 passes were aimed at Murray. And how many did Murray catch, you ask? I’ll tell you, but sit down first, ok? Two, I answer, before rolling on the floor in laughter! Yes, two. For a total of 7 yards! How’s that for Notre Dame passing? He managed to drop one, but otherwise, poor Joey had no clue out there in front of the 80,000 faithful that showed up today. For your All-Suck performance today, we gladly place in front of you, as you surely could not catch it, the Aubie Game Ball. Simply outstanding!

And just how far did our rank fall with this defeat? Did we cross #100…

Record 3-8; Rank #94

No! So close!

Well, that wraps up the regular season. I wonder if we will go to a bowl game? Ha ha ha ha ha! We are too funny.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #57
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 16
I am so sorry to say that we did not make a bowl game this year. Sigh. Such a pity. Oh well, maybe next year? With that sad news, our season ends.

Recruiting
Our recruiting wraps up in week 16, so let’s take a look at our incoming freshmen:

2003 Notre Dame Recruiting
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score
##Schwartz, Herb QB TX 832 978 79
##McDonald, Kris RB PA 426 595 87
##Bartell, Stan RB TX 824 1175 89
##Stewart, Willie RB GA 538 741 81
##Aniston, Ryan TE DE 474 581 77
##Cook, Wayne WR NC 505 659 79
##Thacker, Isaac WR KS 518 634 90
##Bulger, Grady C IN 299 198 68
##Keen, Rusty G TX 742 1125 76
##Neely, J.J. T VA 418 564 83 Rudy Scholarship Winner
##Backes, Geoff T IN 244 32 90
##Bishop, Todd DE IN 246 38 98
##Reid, Sammy DE IN 234 0 94
##Sherman, Heath OLB CA 1150 1818 66
##Parker, Bennie CB AZ 973 1512 68
##Rosano, Harry CB WI 295 186 88

Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status
##Schwartz, Herb 1+ 5 2 Acad/Dist Committed *
##McDonald, Kris 4+ 4 19 Acad*/Dist Committed *
##Bartell, Stan 1+ 4 4 Acad*/Prest Committed *
##Stewart, Willie 1+ 5 3 Dist/Prest Committed *
##Aniston, Ryan 5+ 5 3 Acad*/Dist Committed *
##Cook, Wayne 3+ 12 6 Dist/Acad Committed *
##Thacker, Isaac 1+ 3 3 Prest/Acad Committed *
##Bulger, Grady 0+ 3 3 Acad*/Dist Committed *
##Keen, Rusty 0+ 4 3 Dist/Acad Committed *
##Neely, J.J. 7+ 35 20 Dist/Prest Committed *
##Backes, Geoff 1+ 3 2 Acad*/Prest Committed *
##Bishop, Todd 10+ 1 2 Prest*/Dist Committed *
##Reid, Sammy 2+ 3 3 Prest*/Acad Committed *
##Sherman, Heath 4+ 35 20 Dist*/Prest Committed *
##Parker, Bennie 1+ 5 4 Acad*/Dist Committed *
##Rosano, Harry 0+ 2 3 Acad/Prest Committed *

Academic View

Player Pos HT WT ST NRank GPA Test
##Schwartz, Herb QB 6-2 192 TX --- 3.93 1484
##McDonald, Kris RB 5-10 178 PA --- 3.89 1493
##Bartell, Stan RB 5-10 186 TX --- 3.62 1154
##Stewart, Willie RB 5-9 186 GA --- 3.36 1390
##Aniston, Ryan TE 6-4 239 DE --- 3.16 1348
##Cook, Wayne WR 6-0 179 NC --- 3.88 1502
##Thacker, Isaac WR 6-4 194 KS --- 3.70 1394
##Bulger, Grady C 6-4 255 IN --- 3.55 1137
##Keen, Rusty G 6-3 265 TX --- 3.50 1314
##Backes, Geoff T 6-6 295 IN --- 3.84 1436
##Neely, J.J. T 6-5 264 VA --- 1.82 595
##Reid, Sammy DE 6-4 224 IN --- 3.07 988
##Bishop, Todd DE 6-2 237 IN --- 2.39 876
##Sherman, Heath OLB 6-5 231 CA --- 1.97 581
##Parker, Bennie CB 5-10 177 AZ --- 3.82 1236
##Rosano, Harry CB 6-0 171 WI --- 3.75 1381

Well, there they are. Much brighter than before, and not as many zeros, but they are the future of this bright institution!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #58
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Final Weeks
Well, not much to do now. We watch the December bowl games from home, happy to be there amidst the egg nog and brandy. But the day is drawing closer now. The day of the all important “End Season” click. I have to be concerned, especially with all the scrutiny on our performance this year, that the end may be near. I do my best to enjoy the holidays, and repeat my positive affirmations every day before bed, but the haunting thought that the Penn State game could have been our last game invades my fitful holiday sleep. Only time will tell. Is this dynasty over? Or do we get another year?

In thinking about this the past few days, I have decided that I will abide by the game’s decision. I will not keep hitting the “End Season” button till I get the result we all want. Neither will I try to drive on and use the “ignore the firing and continue with the career” bug. I will press the button once, and the result is the result. Also, I have not played ahead; I have no idea what the result will be as I write this. I have been playing one game each day and writing one installment of this thread each day for the past two weeks or so. In short, our fate will be shared together. I will report it as it happens.

In minor news, grades come in. 2002 Rudy Scholar Chapman is in trouble; he’s got two D- minuses now as he heads into the home stretch. I wonder why that tutoring time with Candy didn’t help? Humm. Maybe he needs more time. Candy! Go do your thing! We’re relying on you!

Elsewhere, Geogia beats Oklahoma 34-7 to win the National Championship.

Well, that does it for today’s installment. Well be back tomorrow with season stats, our performance review, and our year-end awards. It does look like Monday, the day after tomorrow, will be the “Day of the Season Ending Click”. Remember to think positive!

GO IRISH!! Yee-haw!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:44 PM   #59
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kodos:

I just want you to know that, whatever the result of that fateful click may be, fired or not fired, you will go down as one of the great men in history who stood against pure evil and cried "NO MORE!" when nobody else dared to. God bless you, Godzilla! And may your noble quest last one more year!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:45 PM   #60
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Vince:

We're all with you in spirit 'zilla. Gindin be with you as you make your fateful click...

Old 02-28-2003, 06:45 PM   #61
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Vaj:

'Zilla, I've never gotten more unadulterated pleasure out of reading a dynasty thread. I hope you get to continue on your mission of spreading joy to all the Notre Dame haters of the FOF/TCY community. And, needless to say, I was deeply touched being associated with a game ball.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #62
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos, Vince, Vaj: Thanks for the support! I have purified my computer with sumo salt, sprinkled it with holy water, and placed a dream catcher above for the night. I think it is as ready as it can be for tomorrow's big click. I have to admit, I haven't been this nervous since Omaha beach back in '44.

Vaj: No problem on the game ball. I just hope I get a chance to give one to everyone who's posted here.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:47 PM   #63
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Marmel:

*crossing my fingers*
Old 02-28-2003, 06:47 PM   #64
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

I am standing at a press conference, answering questions about the Penn State defeat, when Bibi Gunn, that damn ESPN reporter, appears out of nowhere. She is frantically waving her hand and trying to get me to pick her, but she finally just blurts out, “Blitz’s been fired!!!! It just hit the news!!!” A roar of joy goes up from everyone there. They stand up and frantically strip off their suits and dresses. Underneath they have gold Notre Dame sweatsuits. The Notre Dame fight song starts to play somewhere in the background. One of the reporters screams, "Let's get him!" and they surge forward towards me. Suddenly I realize that I am standing in the middle of the stadium field on what is a cool, clear, beaufitul autumn afternoon. 80,000 fans are roaring and pouring onto the field, screaming for my blood. Cries of “Kill Blitz!” and “Get him!” fill the air. My players, led by Eggers, Stephens, Goodwin, and others I have abused, are rushing forward as well. The reporters are the first ones to me. They start sticking me with their pens, try to pummel me with their notebooks. I recoil in pain and try to protect myself but there are just too many of them. Then the players and fans hit the mob around me, and push the now kicking and punching reporters into me. We all go down into a pile, me on the bottom. The weight is unbearable, the noise deafening. And the pain--everywhere there is pain. I can feel my nose snap, the blood rush back into my mouth. My ankles twist, bones crack and snap with violent, ripping pain. I start to lose consciousness, the pain and the weight pressing me further into an onrushing darkness. With a rush, the din subsides, and I find myself floating in a pitch black void. My heart pounds. I gasp for air. I can feel the blood running down my face, the stings of the pens, the ache of the blows; I can still smell the autumn turf and the chalk on my body. I taste sticky sweet blood in my mouth. But there is no light. I am suspended in ebony nothingness. Suddenly a door clicks opens below me, there is blinding light from behind it, the world swivels so I come level with the door. I can see the siloettes of three persons standing in the door. I can tell from the shapes that they are men and they are wearing old football uniforms; the distinct shape of the helmets gives them away. Tough men, wide shoulders, gangly arms, thick legs. They are walking towards me now, unseen eyes on me, their slow swagger suggesting grim purpose. The click of their cleats the only sound. With the light behind them, I cannot see faces. But I know who they are: Hornung, Gipp, Rockne. Upon reaching me, the Gipper, in the middle, looks left then right, quietly asks “Shall we?” to the others. The others nod. A frantic fear washes over me, and I make the effort to struggle, but I cannot move a muscle—the fly in the web. They step forward, their thick arms encircle my head, I cannot breathe, everything is going black again. I try to scream, to free the arms around my neck and head, but my lungs grasp no air, my arms no hold on their iron grip. Suddenly, my head twists violently, white light explodes inside my skull, I feel the snaps shoot down my spine. A silent scream…

I wake up. I am at home, in bed. It is the middle of night. I am covered in sweat. That's what I get for moving that damn dream catcher.

The pressure is getting to me, guys.

One more day to “The click”.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:48 PM   #65
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Marmel: Thanks!!!

Awards
Trying to function on things to take my mind of tomorrow! Let's do our annual presentation of team awards. That should help.

The 2003 Darkside Award
Given to the player who most hinders our cause. 2001 and 2002 saw the award go to running backs, but this year it was our defense that kept us in the three games that we won. And a previously unmentioned player, senior CB Nicky Holton, was the quiet star of that unit. Nicky led the team in tackles with 68, had two interceptions, one for a TD, and was the glue that kept our defense from completely disintegrating. Here’s your award Nicky. Now, graduate and leave us!

The 2003 Most Valuable Loser
What a joy to give this one out! And what a joy to have so many candidates to choose from! But this one was an easy pick this year. No one else comes close to this guy. Yes, of course, this year’s distinguished MVL award goes to none other than QB Everett Barnes! His consistent poor play could have earned him a half dozen game balls if we didn’t have a team rule limiting each player to one per year. He went 67-174 (38.5%), 5.14 yards/att, 2 TD’s, with 8 interceptions on the year. Yes, only two TD passes all year! We even were #125 in the nation in a bunch of passing categories!!! What graceful ineffectiveness! Once he replaced Briggs, our master plan started to click and our train started to roll. Way to go Barnesy!!! We look forward to two more years with you at the helm. Be sure avoid exercise during the spring and summer!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:48 PM   #66
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Final Stats
Much more fun to look over than last year’s…

2003 Summary for Notre Dame

Record: 3-8

Notre Dame Team Rank
Rushes 402 66
Rushing Yards 1647 55
Yards Per Carry 4.09 40
Pass Attempts 269 98 (T)
Completions 93 125
Passing Yards 1108 125
Yards Per Attempt 4.11 125
3rd Down Conversions 23.7 124
Points Per Game 10.8 123
Turnovers 25 87 (T)
Turnover Margin -4 84 (T)

Opponents Team Rank
Rushes 424 95 (T)
Rushing Yards 1893 109
Yards Per Carry 4.46 106 (T)
Pass Attempts 319 51 (T)
Completions 193 98 (T)
Passing Yards 2155 34
Yards Per Attempt 6.75 38
3rd Down Conversions 38.5 84 (T)
Points Per Game 34.3 116 (T)

Primary Formation: Wishbone Formation

Week Team Versus Oppnt
1 17 LAMN (75) 14
2 6 PURD (58) 21
3 3 at MICH (19) 76
7 13 UTST (89) 10
8 17 at NAVY (119) 19
9 7 SFLA (46) 51
11 3 at TYST (62) 45
12 28 CFLA (121) 21
13 10 at CONN (85) 17
14 3 at BOST (25) 55
15 12 PNST (10) 49

Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int
10 Barnes QB 174 67 895 5.14 2 8
3 Brady QB 47 6 9 0.19 0 1
7 Lyon QB 33 11 117 3.54 0 4
Team --- 269 93 1108 4.11 3 13

Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst
21 Gray RB 129 660 5.11 3 16 10
45 Littleton RB 74 325 4.39 1 10 8
10 Barnes QB 63 18 0.28 0 27 144
15 Briggs FB 41 252 6.14 1 10 9
42 Andersen RB 33 196 5.93 2 5 7
29 Weisz RB 30 156 5.20 1 7 3
Team --- 402 1647 4.09 8 86 230

Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD
86 Linville WR 132 44 716 16.2 145 3
88 Murray WR 45 9 94 10.4 12 0
92 Farr TE 19 9 121 13.4 19 0
45 Littleton RB 15 7 40 5.7 16 0
82 Caron TE 15 5 53 10.6 14 0
Team --- 269 93 1108 11.9 253 3

Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn
24 Holton CB 68 12 0.0 3 2 5
43 Raymond OLB 63 29 0.0 10 1 5
44 McAninch CB 51 13 0.0 6 2 4
46 Hartman ILB 45 14 0.0 7 0 2
93 Woodard ILB 40 10 0.0 3 0 2
50 Wallace ILB 39 12 0.0 6 0 1
23 Gordon S 35 13 0.0 4 1 6
71 John DE 34 14 5.0 6 0 0
95 Meadows DE 34 8 6.0 12 0 0
67 Winslett DT 31 17 6.0 8 1 0
56 Crane OLB 21 11 0.0 2 1 3
41 Chapman S 18 5 0.0 1 1 5
74 Rogers DT 17 9 1.0 1 0 1
2 Landdeck ILB 15 3 0.0 0 1 2
86 Linville WR 13 0 0.0 0 0 0
48 Sherman ILB 11 4 0.0 0 0 0
98 Allamon DE 11 2 6.0 5 0 0
Team --- 649 185 28.0 80 11 41

Well, that will do it for today. I had hoped to add the performance ratings today but realized that they all come with the “End Season” click. One more day. Our destiny hangs in the balance. See you tomorrow. Bring all your talismans. We’ll need them.

Till then, GO IRISH!!! Yee-haw!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #67
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kekkonen:

[Kekkonen tinkers with his rosary beads]

"Dear God,
forget about that World-peace-and-an-end-to-hunger stuff I asked for last night. Please, let Coach Blitz continue for just _one more season_.
Amen."
Old 02-28-2003, 06:50 PM   #68
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos, coming off of a fitfull night of little sleep and waking nightmares, has a vision of himself standing alone on a battlefield. A mass of warriors in silver and blue and gold garb have descended upon him. Looking up from the body of his fallen comrade Godzilla Blitz, now nothing more than a crumpled mass of pulp and blood on the ground, Kodos sees that the end can not be far off. "Custer!" he gasps! "I'm General $#%@ing Custer!"

Unable to endure the stress, he snaps under the burden of waiting for far too long to know the answer:

"I've had all I can take; I can't take it no more! What is the fate of Coach Blitz?!? I HAVE to know! Am I left to fight this battle alone?!! OH, CRUEL FATE, IT CANNOT BE! TELL ME THAT COACH BLITZ LIVES ON TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY! DEAR GOD, I CAN'T WIN THIS WAR ALL ALONE!"

In the darkness, Kodos screams to the heavens for answers, but he is all alone, and no answer is heard...
Old 02-28-2003, 06:51 PM   #69
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos, Kekkonen: LOL!

Here we go...
Old 02-28-2003, 06:51 PM   #70
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

2003 Final Reportcard
Team Performance: 6
Academic Performance: 66
Recruiting Performance: 0
Television Income: 59
Alumni Donations: 4
Attendance: 83
FINAL GRADE: 34
Old 02-28-2003, 06:52 PM   #71
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

2003 Season End
In any dynasty, full of thousands of mundane mouse clicks, there are a handful of critical clicks on which the destiny of your dynasty hangs. Ladies and gentlemen, we have come to the Mother of All Clicks: the 2003 “End Season” click. Having run our team to a #4 rank in 2002, then ripped it to shreds in the glorious swandive to #99 in 2003, we have set ourselves up for the infamous “great year then bad year then bye bye” reality that we all know is TCY football. We have done our best to mitigate the damage. We beefed up our study time to produce outstanding grades in an effort to prevent our overall score from dropping too much. We have hired a syndicate coordinator with a Midas touch. We sold out the stadium’s 80,000 seats before the first ball was snapped. But in the all important win column, we dropped from 11 to 3, our precipitous plummet in rank has been well documented, and our final grade fell 41 points. But that is all behind us now, all roads have led to this moment, us standing just short of the gently swaying, brilliantly sparkling sword of Damicles that is master of our fate this day. The road beyond is filled with squirrels dancing in sunlit fields, little birdies warbling gentle melodies, large breasted women partying in hot tubs. And today, right now, we find out whether the sword falls and our journey ends here in darkness, or we get to play on that road beyond, with all the naked ladies. With our next step, our next click, we shall learn our fate. Will all our effort, all our toil, go for naught? Doom or delight? Gloom or glory? Hell or heaven? If it must end here and now, I am determined to die bravely. I resolutely step under the sword, place my hand firmly on the mouse, wink at all the naked women beyond, and click…

(to be continued?)

Last edited by Co-D'ohs : 02-28-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:52 PM   #72
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Marmel:

*holding breath*
*turning blue, but still holding breath*
Old 02-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #73
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

This is NOT fun!!! Let us know your fate!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:11 AM   #74
tucker342
Pro Starter

What a dynasty, classic. Godzilla Blitz, where ever you are, thank you for fighting the good fight by trying to take down Notre Dame. I salute you!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #75
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bumping one of the all-time great dynasty threads.
Part IV

Last edited by Kodos : 10-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote