Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #18101
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well the caller failed to follow his threat on having me arrested immediately so I assume it was a scam. I will say though it has rattled my nerves a bit. I kind of worried the guy will take additional steps to harass me in some way.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #18102
spleen1015
Coordinator

My wife messes with these people all the time. You'll be alright.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #18103
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
f you got a callback number there are good people on the internet who will fuck with them and waste their time, limiting their scam opportunities.

Kitboga on twitch

one of the best streams on twitch IMO

Last edited by Radii : 11-29-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #18104
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Got home today from work and I tried calling the cops (the real ones). They confirmed it was a scam and it feels like they have no interest in finding the scammer. I think most of these guys are in India anyways and beyond a county sheriff's reach.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #18105
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Got home today from work and I tried calling the cops (the real ones). They confirmed it was a scam and it feels like they have no interest in finding the scammer. I think most of these guys are in India anyways and beyond a county sheriff's reach.

It's true that there's nothing they can do, but its always worthwhile to report any crime so law enforcement agencies can have data about what's going on in their community. When scams like this spike, they can warn residents, be more aware themselves of how the scams work so they can advise people who call in, etc.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:12 PM   #18106
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Kitboga on twitch

one of the best streams on twitch IMO

Yeah I've actually seen a couple of his videos before. It's probably because of those videos that a red flag got raised as early as it did because they used the "comply with my orders or you'll be immediately arrested" bit that I saw in the scams. Even with that I wasn't fully convinced until the scammer wanted me to go to the local store to buy "payment vouchers" to get my "warrant" to go away.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #18107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And in Georgia, I'm pretty sure we'll get to watch the wheel of unintended consequences roll.

Atlanta United wins the East, advance to the MLS final ... which they'll host ... on the same weekend scheduled for the state high school football championship games ... which now get moved to Tue/Wed ... which will likely be the bludgeon used by south Georgia schools as quickly as contracts will allow to get the title games moved off the big stage permanently.

And that'll be a damned shame.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #18108
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The final from the Benz, ELCA 41-3 over Athens Academy.

We got outgained 420-22, we did not manage a first down the entire game
(they started throwing the ball in the closing minutes up 41-0, we got an INT to set up our only score).

And you know what, I couldn't be any prouder of our guys.

Played as hard at the end as they did at the start. This was simply a physical mismatch of pretty epic proportions. Post-game comment from our junior QB were about "knowing how far we have to go to compete against those guys" and "starting to work now to get back here next year". That's a 17 year old who gets it, and there are never too many of those around.

The work to get back to the championship game began the day after the loss.

Tonight? We beat our crosstown arch-rival for the second time this season and the scoreboard says it all

Old 12-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #18109
spleen1015
Coordinator

SpaceX doesn't get enough publicity.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #18110
thesloppy
Pro Starter

What do you think a "dark web triple scan" actually entails? I'm thinking it involves a minimum-wage worker, a 3-yr old excel spreadsheet and a little bit of ctrl-F.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #18111
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why do cows need fitness trackers?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #18112
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Why do cows need fitness trackers?

To find out when they are in heat or sick. They can find a sick cow faster than a vet with 30+ years under his belt, from my experience.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #18113
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
To find out when they are in heat or sick. They can find a sick cow faster than a vet with 30+ years under his belt, from my experience.

How exactly does that work?

Like Steam?

Old 12-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #18114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There is a Far Side joke in here somewhere.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #18115
RainMaker
General Manager

This GMC car commercial drives me nuts for a number of reasons.

1) This guy just runs out and buys like $120,000 worth of vehicles. How insanely rich do you have to be to do that without running it by your spouse?

2) He wasn't planning on telling her apparently. He only shows her the car when she comes in to show him some Black Friday deals she got. He was just chilling with his coffee. Did he just expect her to find out whenever she looked outside?

3) He bought you a $60,000 vehicle and you're going to be a pain in the ass about the color?

I guess I need to know who the target market is for this ad.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #18116
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's one of those commercials where I always say to my wife "Someone got paid a lot of money for that dumbass idea."
Old 12-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #18117
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

When a cow is in heat, her activity will be greatly increased compared to her baseline. Basically, if there is no bull around, she starts engaging in homosexual acts with females. They have special algorithms using accelerometer technology to match the type of movement with being in heat.

On the health end of things, there are also algorithms associated with eating. A pretty simple rule of thumb, if a cow doesn't eat on a regular schedule she's sick or something else is wrong.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:35 AM   #18118
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone have any of the following cars. Looking at a 7 seat AWD car/SUV. Pretty much determined this is my price range

Dodge Journey/Ford Flex/Mitsubishi Outlander/Couple kias/Hyundai I cant remember/Mazda Cx-9(probably too old).

Inclined to go Flex or Outlander. Don’t think I can swing a Pilot(too much $$$). Need to be able to tow a pop up camper/would prefer to not get killed on mileage. Flex is fairly affordable loaded to the gills but it only gets about 22 highway.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:37 AM   #18119
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And a random thought, some dude literally smashed into me the other day when I was completely stopped. Must have been going like 35+. Literally no excuse for driving that trash like. Really wanted to beat his fucking ass and he better have damn good insurance.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 AM   #18120
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
And a random thought, some dude literally smashed into me the other day when I was completely stopped. Must have been going like 35+. Literally no excuse for driving that trash like. Really wanted to beat his fucking ass and he better have damn good insurance.

Yeesh. Hope you're alright! That's some bad physics for your body, regardless of airbags or any other safety equipment.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:11 AM   #18121
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

I’ve been out of the insurance and repair game a couple years now but if you have questions let me know.

As for vehicles one of ours is a Toyota Highlander and we absolutely love it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #18122
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I’ve been out of the insurance and repair game a couple years now but if you have questions let me know.

As for vehicles one of ours is a Toyota Highlander and we absolutely love it.

This one's pretty simple to sort out. Wasn't my car that was fucked up luckily.

I just can't do a Highlander. Too much money down and per month for what we bring in they are sweet as hell though.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #18123
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I have been eyeing the Subaru CrossTrek for a while; my old-ass '92 Celica (which I love) is approaching 200k miles, and I'm not too far away from baby planning time, so I'm going to need something with an accessible back seat. Heard nothing but rave reviews and the price point seems reasonable.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #18124
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The only thing about the CrossTrek and Subaru in general is they tend to lack in comfort. Seen a lot of complaints about the seats being like concrete.

Didn't get a chance to drive one when I was car shopping last year, but it was on my list, and did a lot of research on it. Wound up with the Mazda CX-5, and absolutely love it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #18125
Kodos
Resident Alien

FWIW, I love my Subaru Forester.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #18126
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Brian Mulroney looks like a fatter version of the dad from Frazier.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-05-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #18127
Ksyrup

I know a lot of people hate Twitter, but when it's done right, it's magical.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #18128
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

/slowclap
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #18129
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Happy Krampus Nacht!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #18130
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is there a car buying thread around here?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #18131
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

We had the idea in the 80s that if we had perfect AI, we would use it for military weapons (War Games, Short Circuit, etc). But now we know that when/if we invent it, Google's just gonna put that shit in a "smart" coffee maker and sell a billion of them.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #18132
cuervo72
Head Coach

I don't know why I'm getting swimsuit/bikini ads on my FB feed, but I like this development.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #18133
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Reagarding long underwear: do most 'real adults' have like seven pair of long underwear, or do they have one pair that gets stinky after like 20 minutes that they wear all week long, getting grosser every day?

I suppose this is probably heavily region dependant, and mid-westerners and northerners probably have whole sheds full of long underwear sets.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #18134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Reagarding long underwear: do most 'real adults' have like seven pair of long underwear, or do they have one pair that gets stinky after like 20 minutes that they wear all week long, getting grosser every day?

I suppose this is probably heavily region dependant, and mid-westerners and northerners probably have whole sheds full of long underwear sets.

I own one pair to go skiing with. That includes my time living in jersey, Ohio, and Portland.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:16 PM   #18135
Ksyrup

I own 1 pair that I use the 1 or 2 times a year I have to shovel snow. I also wore them to the FSU/ND game.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #18136
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I only have 1 pair too, but I wear them pretty often in the winter, and they can get pretty stank.

...but upon consideration, I am pretty sensitive to temps AND don't drive much/at all these days, which often results in a couple hours of walking/standing around outside per day.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #18137
PilotMan
Head Coach

1 pair, I've had for like 25 years and they get worn like 3-4 times a year.

Like Steam?

Old 12-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #18138
thesloppy
Pro Starter

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it seems like I still see at least one dude a day who is trying to rock shorts, outside, in the middle of December. I get pneumonia just looking at those fellows.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:27 AM   #18139
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’ve never had long johnathans
Old 12-09-2018, 05:32 AM   #18140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I only have 1 pair too, but I wear them pretty often in the winter, and they can get pretty stank.

...but upon consideration, I am pretty sensitive to temps AND don't drive much/at all these days, which often results in a couple hours of walking/standing around outside per day.

Do you work outside or walk to work?

Portland doesn't even get all that cold in comparison.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:54 AM   #18141
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Do you work outside or walk to work?

Portland doesn't even get all that cold in comparison.

It's true! I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold. Also, the heat.

Allll sorts of chronic issues have kept me from working for the past couple years, and I walk pretty much everywhere these days (tho I have just started looking for work for the first time in eons). I was hanging on to a crusty car that I barely used for years, but I'm super close in (Buckman neighborhood, if that means anything to ya), parking/driving's always been a clusterfuck down here, and like half-a-dozen incidents of break-ins/vandalism in the past couple years finally pushed me to get rid of the wheels entirely.

Last edited by thesloppy : 12-09-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #18142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It's true! I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold. Also, the heat.

Allll sorts of chronic issues have kept me from working for the past couple years, and I walk pretty much everywhere these days (tho I have just started looking for work for the first time in eons). I was hanging on to a crusty car that I barely used for years, but I'm super close in (Buckman neighborhood, if that means anything to ya), parking/driving's always been a clusterfuck down here, and like half-a-dozen incidents of break-ins/vandalism in the past couple years finally pushed me to get rid of the wheels entirely.

We used to go to Enso winery all the time. Love that place.

Not sure what kind of work you are looking for, but my old company is hiring all the time. PM me if you wanna know more.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #18143
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Enso is about 4 blocks away from me...I'm on 15th & Belmont. They just opened 2 bars across the street from that place, so there's somehow like 3 bars & a winery on that single block of Stark.

I'm still moving pretty slow on the job stuff, but I definitely appreciate the offer, and I will likely hit you (and the rest of FOFC) up once I'm better collected.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #18144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This is a helluva ridiculous hour to have to get up in order to go watch a HS football game in person.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #18145
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The work to get back to the championship game began the day after the loss.

And back we went ... with a better but ultimately unhappy ending.

After getting demolished last year 41-3, we found ourselves with 10-0 halftime lead against the mighty ELCA. Opportunistic defense forced two turnovers that led to an early field goal, a 52 yard down the sideline out of the wildcat formation, and things certainly looked a lot better.

Aaaaaand then ELCA scored 20 points in the first 5:30 of the second half, we got back within 20-17 in the final minute of the third quarter ... but our own turnovers mounted & ELCA's skill positions took control resulting in a 44-17 final, giving them their fourth consecutive title (only the third team in state history to do that).

The goal for Acad was to work their butts off to close the gap that was clearly illustrated last year. That goal was achieved, the gap IS closer than it was. Unfortunately it's still sizable.

On the bright side we're still relatively young in a lot of spots. We'll have to replace a lot of linemen and some key defenders but the core should remain solid. RB/LB star is a junior, the QB is a sophomore, the DB/WR is a sophomore as well.

The down side? ELCA was probably down this year, with 13 new starters most of whom will be back. They're arguably younger than we are. 4 in a row and they may not be done yet.

Helluva group of kids -- the seniors are last ones that Will actually went to high school with at any point -- they did every single thing that was asked of them and then some. And the work to close that gap further begins tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #18146
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think starting tomorrow I'm going to try to go a week w/o watching any youtube video rants that I find myself watching way too often.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #18147
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm. Rivers Casino just opened a sports book. Must stay away.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #18148
digamma
Torchbearer

Can we outlaw the use of "sir" in social media and message board posts?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #18149
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And back we went ... with a better but ultimately unhappy ending.

After getting demolished last year 41-3, we found ourselves with 10-0 halftime lead against the mighty ELCA.

Being a member of an ELCA congregation, I was deeply confused here .
Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #18150
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Can we outlaw the use of "sir" in social media and message board posts?

There's a couple others I'd love to add to your ban list:

"Wow...just...Wow"
and starting a point with "ummmmm...."

Last edited by molson : 12-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote