Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2018, 03:50 AM   #201
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Roster Details

The circle on the right by Komolong indicates he is eligible to train a second skill. Of course, he can't do that till he finishes the current training session.

Player Assignments

DavidCorperial(Wingers)

LD Ortag
Interest: High
SL: ??
Playing Time: Starter

M Blank
Interest: Low
SL: LM
Playing Time: Regular Backup

MF Tunjic
Interest: Average
SL: Talent

M Maslanka
SL: AM

D Schluter
SL: RD

M Pitzen
SL: RM

larrymcg421(Central Forwards & Midfielders)

CF Mengele

F Wachter
SL: FW

MF Fetscher

DM Zeitz

FW Jedin

CF Karger

? Munster
SL: F, CF

thehitcat(Central Defenders & Keepers)

GK Komolong

SW Doringer
SL: More Talent

CD Jager

D Neageli
SL: DF, Talent
Playing Time: Prospect

D Schulte
SL: CD, Talent

D Degner

? Dieing

I'm Dieing to know what thehitcat wants to do with our new youth.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #202
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Specialization Briefing

** DavidCorperial - LD Ortag

Ortag has his Talent upgrade, and this next choice will almost certainly be his final one unless we keep him past the sell age. Talent(up to L3 talent or 30% training time reduction); Dedication(+30% xp, Attribute focus up to 2); Fan Favorite(+0.5% fans after each match, +5% sponsor payments); or Utility Player for training into a new position are the current options.

** larrymcg421 - FW Jedin had the +30% xp boost from Dedication. What's next?

** thehitcat -- GK Komolong has both Talent upgrades to max out his skill ceiling and the 30% traning time reduction; SW Doringer has the L2 Talent upgrade and 30% training time reduction; ?? Dieing needs a position to play and, if you wish, playing time instructions.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:23 AM   #203
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Transactions

Club Resources

** Balance - 15.4k
** Glory - 59
** Fans - 15
** Stadium Capacity - 100

Upgrades

8-month Contracts

** GK Komolong - 588; 1,353; 2,294
** CF Karger - 10,857; 24,972; 42,344
** ? Munster - 123; 284; 480

2-month Contracts

** F Wachter - 159; 366; 621

Tiel and Hirsch are not listed because we have standing sell orders for them. If confirmed, those sales will bring in almost 56k, giving us a little over 70k to use as we see fit.

Transfers

One player on this list is worth more than our entire club.

General Playing Time

Last winter break we switched from Rotation to a more consistent starting lineup:

GK Komolong
SW Doringer
LD Ortag
CD Jager
DM Zeitz
MF Fetscher
CF Karger
FW Jedin

Youth players get as much playing time as possible(right now that'd be Naegeli, Munster, Pitzen, and new acquisition Dieing rotating). The other mid-aged players are emergency only.

If we keep this setup, I'll need to know which players(if any) we want to put on Showcase(to increase their value for selling).

As ever, discuss and ask any questions you may have. Stuttgarter Kickers enter their fourth year still very much looking for respectability.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-10-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #204
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Man would I like to have seen a GK pop up for sale. We either sell Komolong this window or next or keep him until he retires. For now I'm not going to extend him as I'll get one more chance at the Winter Break. My gut is that he's nothing special and that we should look to replace him with anything other than a cardboard cutout at the first opportunity. **None of my business alert**Ortag is in a similar aging position but you could (at DC's request)sell him today and buy the RD on the list, make 40+K and have a similar quality defender who was 4 years younger. In fact I might recommend that to DavidCorperial and it's not just because we'd get another crack at a GK appearing .

I'm unsure what to do with Dieing other than make further puns off of his name. He's not a Doringer replacement as his Control is awful. I guess I'll start there, I want his focus on CTR until he hits double digits then back to DEF. I'm leaning to him becoming a long term replacement for Jager. So let's look to get him his D and see what skills he has available. My preference is to give him playing time ahead of Schulte and Degner if one of the Starters is tired because with just a few levels he should be better than they are presently with the potential for much more growth.

Doringer is easy for me. Take the talent upgrade to unlock that third skill level and see if we can get his value over 300K

I'm not showcasing any of my players yet at least until my backups get their skills to level 1. Oh and I'm still onboard with selling Hirsch and Tiel. We need that money for Karger's contract.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #205
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I admit that move to sell Ortag and replace with Erwin-Druppel is an interesting idea.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #206
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Talent tree for Jedin so we can get him a lvl 2 skill.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #207
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, so here's what we've got:

** No upgrades as of yet
** Sell Hirsch and Tiel
** Wachter also gets sold at his current price unless somebody tells me differently(larrymcg421)
** Punting on Komolong's contract for now
** Also punting on Karger/Munster for the moment(larrymcg421)
** The sell-Ortag, buy Erwig-Druppel plan is proposed but not approved. I'm interpreting DavidCorperial's comment to mean that he's on the fence. Since it has the approval of another coach, I can pull the trigger on it at any time but would need a clear affirmative vote to do so.
** No changes to the team approach outlined; instructions noted for Jedin, Dieing, and Doringer.
** Need new SL for Ortag IF we don't sell him, and we need that for Komolong as well.

A couple more days yet to decide as I probably don't get back to this till Friday evening.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-10-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #208
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

So can Komolong go for the 70% Skill reduction in the Talent pool? If so I'll do that. If not I'll just do XP+30%. Also He should keep building his current skill though I don't know that he'll reach it before we pop him.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #209
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Yep, 70% training time reduction it is.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:47 PM   #210
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Let's sell some players, shall we? In inverse order of their value:

Much like Preiss, I can't really say much about him because he didn't really do much other than fill a spot. He's gone to Offenbach.

A serviceable backup until we brought in some better talent at forward, and there wasn't much left for him. Wattenscheid gives us the money here.

Hirsch we'll miss a little more. Our top midfielder initially, he was given match honors nine times and was a regular with a good, versatile set of abilities for the position. Time marches on though, and his main value to us now is his fee. Offenbach coughs it up, and we have 73.8k now.

This takes us down to a leaner 19-man roster.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #211
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

7.18 Stuttgarter Kickers vs. FC Viktoria Koln

Karger's first attempt of the year is a bad one, but even if it had been better their keeper probably would have stopped it. They moved it up slowly, taking multiple turns but we couldn't get it back. A slide-tackle by Zeitz misfired and was our only real chance. They moved it into the box for one of their CFs, and Komolong knocked it out for a corner at the 36-minute mark. Ortag intercepted the attempt, and we moved back the other way but Fetscher's lofted pass was off-target and the half ended.

71% possession for VK, but they got only one shot out of it. Strange sequence to begin the second half. Doringer intercepted a shot and Jager tried to clear it. His lofted pass was headed right back to him ... but he'd used up his action for the turn so he couldn't do anything with it. Eventually VK recovered possession, but Naegeli was all over their next attempt. We moved it up to Pitzen on the right wing, and an exchange of possessions ensued. An interception by Jager gave us one final shot but we couldn't get in position on the counter.

Stuttgarter Kickers 0, FC Viktoria Koln 0

Possession was back to nearly equal by the end.

Levels - Jedin(15), Fetscher(13), Naegeli(10), Pitzen(7)

*** Naegeli
** Ortag
* Komolong

** Balance - 73.9k(+102)
** Glory - 63(+4)

7.25 FSV Frankfurt(1-0-0, 1st) vs. Stuttgarter Kickers(0-1-0, 5th)

Ahead of this match, Jedin finished L1 Cannon Shot training. That will potentially give us a way to get him in the action more, possibly get some long-range threat going on in the right circumstances. It's another option at least. A narrow 3-2 scorefest over Energie Cottbus was Frankfurt's first match. Their defense looks tough - we'll try to manufacture something but they've got a good keeper(51 Def) and a couple of solid CDs.

We rolled our defense to the left, so FW Stauber went to our right, blasted one past Doringer and a subpar save attempt by Komolong. Wasn't a great shot(24 roll) but we weren't ready for it. Karger was whistled for a foul as we tried to set something up, Zeitz whiffed again on a tackle attempt, and we were fortunate to hold them out after a corner led to a point-blank scoring attempt.

A possession battle was on the offing in the second half, and Komolong had to stop another shot that got through Doringer who has done nothing today. Stauber struck again a few minutes before the end, and that was that.

FSV Frankfurt 2, Stuttgarter Kickers 0

Doringer was just flat-out useless today. Somebody administer the smelling salts.

Levels - Doringer(18). And he's the only guy who levels up. Heh.

*** Fetscher
** Komolong
* Ortag

Fetscher was very active, and gets his Talent SL upgrade. He'll start working on L2 Slide Tackle now.

** Balance -- +27, as the sponsor bonus money trickles in.

Komolong hits L2 Reaction as well now.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #212
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

8.1 Stuttgarter Kickers(0-1-1, 5th) vs. Energie Cottbus(0-0-2, 6th)

Schluter plays in place of the fatigued Ortag here. A definite weak spot on the left side of their defense allowed Karger to dribble into position, giving him a slightly positive chance of scoring ... but his try was very poorly struck and easily saved with a quick reaction by their keeper. Their attack was most unimpressive, including an extremely low-probability lofted pass. A desperation shot late was blocked by Schluter, but we weren't able to manage anything vaguely resembling a counterattack.

Tunjic and Blank in for Fetscher/Zeitz, both of whom are exhausted at the half on a hot day. They got a corner early, which was trouble as FW Stolle has L2 cannon shot and high control. They got it to him but Komolong was able to make the play, surprisingly. A couple interceptions by a worn-out Doringer later, and a last-ditch lofted pass by Blank failed to hit the mark. Another scoreless match.

Stuttgarter Kickers 0, Energie Cottbus 0

Only 27% possession, so I suppose we should be grateful.

** Levels - Munster(5)

*** Komolong
** Doringer
* Zeitz

** Balance - 72k(+104)
** Glory - 67(+4)

8.8 Stuttgarter Kickers(0-2-1, 6th) vs. 1. FC Schweinfurt 05(3-0-0, 1st)

After last year's debacle, Schweinfurt is the only club left with a perfect record this season, despite playing basically the same players.

Due to fatigue from the heat in the last match, we've got a number of regular starters sitting for this one. Komolong would be as well if he had a backup. Note the wall of three CDs they have playing deep ... that basically means we can't get close without dealing with them. A long-range effort from Karger was quite low-odds and not nearly good enough to start. Then they tried moving up the far wing, Ortag took it back, and they fouled and injured him. On comes Schulte. Lots of the reserve defenders getting action today. Later, on a perfectly normal slide tackle, Zeitz was red-carded. He'll miss the next three matches ... including the start of the Prestige Cup. Oh super. They get a shot out of it which was easily saved.

Mengele in for the over-worked Karger at intermission. They kept firing away in the second half, as we were basically crippled by having nobody in midfield with a chance to fight for possession effectively anymore. It was 10-on-10 sloppiness, and Komolong had three saves to go with an offsides call against Schweinfurt.

We're the only team they've played and didn't beat yet. On the other hand, we're also scoreless through four matches. Given that nobody has yet scored on one of last year's most hospitable defenses, it's hard to feel too bad about this result.

** Levels - Dieing(3)

*** Komolong
** Schulte
* Jager

** Balance - 74.1k(+102)
** Glory - 71(+4)
Old 10-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #213
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

8.15 Kickers Offenbach() vs. Stuttgarter Kickers(0-3-1, 6th)

Offenbach doesn't have a proper keeper, literally starting an amateur defender in goal. They compensate for this with a 5-wide high defensive line. I think our best option, barring a counterattack, is to just shoot through them. Meanwhile with Zeitz suspended, Dieing is our new starter in a 5-2-3 ... which Offenbach also plays. Today there's also Schluter on for the exhausted Ortag. I'll be using substitutes liberally here as we've got short rest and then our Cup opener.

Komolong saves their first attempt, but they long-pass it through our line and Vetter bangs a point-blank chance home against a poor effort this time. On the other hand ...

We really ought to be able to do something with this. Or he could just roll a freaking 10 and not even get it through their line, then get a foul on Fetscher who's handed a yellow card trying to get it back. Superb. Vetter again from close after the free-kick, but we get the save to keep it only 1-0 at half.

Tunjic and Degner come on, Naegeli and Fetscher sit. Really need Karger to score here so we can play for a draw. He rolls an 11. Really dude? Really?? There's a 15% chance of you rolling that low, and you did it twice in a row. Odds on that are a little over 2%. Which is still going to happen sometimes, but this really wasn't at all the time for it. Long-pass through everybody and a cannon-shot score puts us away. Karger finally gets one back for us at 78 minutes, but it requires a shockingly unlikely interception by Dieing on a corner kick to keep the final from being even worse.

Kickers Offenbach 2, Stuttgarter Kickers 1

I suppose we did score, but we should have scored twice and had a draw at minimum.

** Levels - Jager(18), Tunjic(9)

*** Karger
** Tunjic
* Komolong - when you're MoM-honored and you gave up two goals, you know it was a bad day.

** Balance - 74.1k(+27)

8.18 Stuttgarter Kickers vs. Alemannia Aachen
Prestige Cup Qualifying Round, First Leg

Same guys as last year, and we've got hot weather which means our next amateur match pretty much nobody who plays today will be able to move for. But this is more important.

Six defenders but no CDs for Aachen -- the way their fullbacks are positioned there's basically no chance for a cannon shot from Jedin. I'll just need to go for the angled try from Karger and hope he can get it through SW Pluntke -- they still have an unimpressive amateur keeper.

Starts off great as Karger hits a near-perfect shot following the opening kickoff, easily giving us the lead. That's a start on atoning for your royal screw-up a few days ago. Doringer blocks their first shot, and all I want to do is keep clearing the ball and not overwork anybody. No such luck with Naegeli, who makes a tackle and blocks a couple of long-range shots, but we retain the lead easily.

Four players quite tired already; I bring on Mengele, Schluter, and Schulte as fresh-legs for Neageli, Ortag, and Karger. Fetscher will just have to deal. Doringer makes another stop, Mengele gets a rare shot attempt after utilizing his slide tackle but it doesn't go, and Aachen weirdly plays defensively most of the finish while trailing.

Stuttgarter Kickers 1, Alemannia Aachen 0

As long as we can hold in the road match, another qualifying win is ours!

** Levels - Naegeli(12), Schluter(12), Schulte(11), Pitzen(8), Dieing(7), Munster(7)

*** Naegeli
** Karger
* Ortag

Naegeli made it an even bigger day for himself by reaching DF status, and boosting up to level 14.

** Balance - 74.5k(+357) - biggest payday in a while. Both sponsor bonuses and 225 in ticket sales
** Glory - 85(+14)

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-16-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:23 AM   #214
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

8.22 Stuttgarter Kickers(0-3-2, 6th) vs. SG Wattenscheid 09(0-1-4, 8th)

Sitting for rest here are Ortag, Fetscher, Pitzen, and Naegeli. And Zeitz is still out injured, so basically half the normal starters. Meanwhile, ex-Stuttgarter cast-offs ... err, I mean Wattenscheid ... had a 6-2-2 formation that'll make it fairly tough on us to score while having L2 rainbow feint Dias and L2 cannon shot Pfeiffer to threaten us with. Yeah, I don't like playing these guys.

We get Karger a coin-flip chance at scoring on an angled try, and he chokes. Shocker there! They try and run it up the near flank, and after Schluter whiffs on the tackle, Komolong and Doringer stand around taking pictures while Pfeiffer blasts one by with relative ease. Sigh. An immediate equalizer by Karger at 28 minutes breathes some life into our game, and Doringer makes a play on Dias to keep it even.

Despite some fatigue, staying with who we have seems best. Komolong gets a save against Dias to start things off. After an exceptionally dumb sequence in which they blast back-to-back power shots that we deflect right back to them(literally anywhere else would have been better), this one ends in a draw.

Stuttgarter Kickers 1, SG Wattescheid 09 1

These guys have beaten us each of the past couple years once if I recall, so at least that didn't happen again.

** Levels - Doringer(19), Jedin(16)

*** Doringer
** Karger
* Schluter - moved around a bit and missed a tackle. Umm, yay??

** Balance - 74.6k(+102)

8.29 Alemannia Aachen(3-0-3, 3rd) vs. Stuttgarter Kickers(0-4-2, 7th)

I don't know what's up with the weather, but it's hot again for this one. Standard starters sans Ortag here ... I play Schluter on the 'wrong' side to oppose their RF. Aachen goes a bit more aggressive this time out. We do get Zeitz back at least, and I'm hoping for at least a draw with the plan to sub a few players out at the half so we have guys who can move for the second leg of the Cup.

RF Muller nearly scores right away, but Komolong narrowly manages to deflect the try away. After a nice midfield interception by Fetscher, Jedin splits their defensive formation and gets a rare goal ... they had Karger pretty well covered and it was low odds to get it to him. Remarkable -- an actual counter-attack goal! They wanted to play keep-away which was fine with me ... I moved around a few players who don't get in the action much to get them spec XP and called it a half.

Degner, Ortag, and Dieing in at the half. Our defense is still going to be tired even with a long layoff, but I can do what I can here. Karger got in the act with a shot that was just barely good enough, followed by a lazy, just-passable save from Komolong. We're not often up two goals, and are fortunate to be here. That ended with a bad pass out of defense by Degner, as Muller scored after the turnover. He should have gotten it through, but I also shouldn't have taken the chance. Karger scored again, but then Muller hit another, and Jedin missed. Our defense held them out, but this was hairier then it needed to be.

Stuttgarter Kickers 3, Alemannia Aachen 2

Who says we can't score? Oh, everybody else we've played? K, point taken.

** Levels - Jager(19), Fetscher(14), Schluter(13), Pitzen(9), Dieing(8).

That's a nice collection of gains for a mere league match!

*** Karger
** Fetscher
* Jedin

Karger gets his talent upgrade, and starts work on Rainbow Feint L2.

** Balance - 74.6k(+27)
** Glory - 96(+11)
Old 10-17-2018, 03:46 AM   #215
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Degner completes Layoff Pass training, and the transfer window closes.

Once again we steal the show, this time with our sales.

9.15 Alemannia Aachen vs. Stuttgarter Kickers
Prestige Cup, Qualifying Round, Second Leg

I'm stunned to see everyone fully rested except for Komolong, who is close. Yep, the keeper is tired. That's what hot weather and a moderately porous defense will do for you. But he's still at like 95%. All we need here is a draw, or to score and lose by no more than one. Aachen decided they didn't like the results of the last match, and are going with six defenders here to keep us from splitting them and shooting through their sweeper.

Ok, we'll go back to going wide, and angle-shooting through your sweeper. First though we need to defend. They go to Muller again, and Doringer makes the play. I try to hold it with Zeitz and succeed, then realize I've positioned us wrong on the attack. Jedin gets the try which still has a fairly good probability, but he can't convert. They try a long lofted pass, the last option of the desperate. It fails, Jager makes a tackle to get it back, and the first half ends scoreless.

The manager then wipes the egg of his face and reorganizes his lineup to get his star the scoring attempt at the second-half kickoff. Nobody comes close to Karger's shot, then Zeitz makes a very rare interecption - he almost always misses due to relatively low defense - and even more amazingly, he hangs onto the ball. Gets it up to Karger again ... another virtuoso strike!(both were at least 40 out of 46 possible, with a minimum of like 14 -- he ate his Wheaties today). They go on the attack, Komolong makes a save, they get it back ... and then in the span of a few minutes, it was Naegeli Time. The young DF ...

** Blocked a shot
** Intercepted a corner kick
** Blocked another shot as time expired.

Dude was getting it DONE.

This is worth a screen. After just squeaking by qualifying in previous years, we easily handle Aachen 3-0 aggregate, with three wins in as many matches against them this season. That just doesn't happen with Stuttgarter teams.

** Levels - Karger(28), Ortag(20), Komolong(18), Naegeli(15), Munster(8)

*** Karger
** Naegeli
* Zeitz

For once I fully agree with these choices.

Munster gets his Amateur Forward license, so we'll stop for his skills choice here. Zeitz also gets his first Talent boost, and will progress with L2 Slide Tackle training post haste.

Do not adjust your sets. This result is not the fault of your reception. We have fans. Like actual fans, not guilt-ridden relatives of players and staff type fans. Now, I expect they will go away after we get plugged in the next round of the Prestige Cup, but this is the first time in years that Stuttgarter locals, at least a few of them, have been interested in watching our next match.

What will we do with the pressure of nearly two dozen spectators?!?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:50 AM   #216
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think he looks works than Preiss, which shouldn't be metaphysically possible. In any case, step right up here larrymcg421. Munster has been tagged as a CF-in-training. What should he learn?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #217
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Head Play for Munster to double up the bonus he'll already get for being a CF.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #218
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

10.6 Stuttgarter Kickers vs. SGS Grobaspach
Prestige Cup Round of 32, First Leg

A number of their players have primary attributes in the 70s. This is going to be ugly. Schluter starts in place of Ortag, to attempt to deal with their LF.

Karger has no trouble getting in position, but his strike is easily saved. We muck them up for a bit as they advance down the near wing; Zeitz makes a slide tackle to get possession back, but eventually they work it star forward Kastner(79 Accuracy) and he easily blasts a score from the wing.

A block by Doringer starts off the second half, but eventually they get a corner. We'd need a forklift to get their guys out of the box, but Komolong makes an unlikely save ... so they take a corner from the other side. Again we get the stop, eventually recovery, and a nice interception by Zeitz ensures they don't get another try.

SGS Grobaspach 1, Stuttgarter Kickers 0

That was stunningly respectable ... I expect the second leg to be worse.

** Levels - Doringer(20), Zeitz(17), Naegeli(16), Munster(9)

*** Komolong
** Zeitz
* Fetscher

Doringer unlocks his L3 talent, and starts working on that.

** Balance - 75k(+327) -- Those five extra fans were worth 75 euros. Let's see if they stick around after we get smacked.

11.3 SGS Grobaspach vs. Stuttgarter Kickers

Lots of rain for the rematch. We get another break early as Kastner's first offering isn't quite good enough to beat a fine save by Komolong. I try a defensive strategy aimed at provoking a foul on the slippery pitch, but it doesn't work and with three minutes left in the half they blast a tally through our defense. Ah well. Karger nearly, but not quite, equalized for us(40 roll vs. 42).

His attempt to open the second half wasn't nearly as good, and that pretty much did it for our chances of getting a result, slim as they were. Despite best efforts they marched down the far wing and pounded another shot easily past everyone at the 68-minute mark. Turned over the ensuing kickoff just for good measure, and it took good defensive plays by both Jager and Doringer to prevent another score.

SGB Grobaspach 2, Stuttgarter Kickers 0

3-0 aggregate, but that should have been 4-5 conceded.

Levels - Jager(20), Jedin(17), Fetscher(15)

*** Fetscher - I can't think of one compelling thing he did positively, and he's responsible for a key bad pass that resulted in a midfield turnover. What the .. ??
** Doringer
* Jedin

Komolong gets the 70% training speed discount.

** Balance - 75k(+27)
** Fans - 15(-5)

No big shocker there. Fans like consistent results, so we'll have to get another good run if we want to earn then back.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #219
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Hello my fellow coaches. I am going to be travelling starting tonight and will be unavailable until I return home on Saturday the 27th. This is the window to sell Komolong so let's do that and buy us a new keeper. Also I want to extend Dieing for the full 3 years this winter. Other than that I rely on you to keep us on the (if you squint) upward trajectory we are currently on.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #220
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Heads up; it's your player and I'll absolutely sell him if you want. But there's no keeper to be had. In fact the transfer list flat-out sucks. Thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to splurge for the global list(37.5k) in hopes of something better of whatever. I'll accept whatever your orders are of course(though if you want to keep him past sell age one of the other coaches will need to concur).
Old 10-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #221
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

shoot what about our junior player? any chance he has good DEF and CTR?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #222
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'll have the rest of the stuff up eventually but Heigel is the newbie: level 3, age 19, 3 Acc, 9 Pas, 6 Def, 8 Ctrl. We can go that way if people want with him. My suggestion was going be a midfielder of some type given the versatility, but that was purely to put him somewhere like I normally do with the youths. Only player on the current roster still eligible at all is Dieing, just to cover all the bases. And transfer list:

Old 10-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #223
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Pleh wonder if it's worth spending 280 Euro to buy Schleusener and Wallauer just to see who/what replaces them. other than that we could buy Liebenthal and put him between the sticks, or put Heigel there neither would be good though Heigel might grow into somebody...

I guess I vote to buy the two cheapies on the list to see who pops in for them. Then if still no GK. I'd vote to buy the global list if we have the cash.

Beyond that you guys will need to decide if we have to keep Komolong or use Heigel or even Liebenthal for a half season...
Old 10-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #224
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Competition Report

Stuttgarter

** Valuation - 1.06M(+285k)
** Star Rating - 1.0(+0.5)
** Classes - 83(+4)
** Levels - 16(+2)
** Skills - 21(+5)

Up to a club value of a million euros. My how far we've come! Overall the roster is looking stronger as well - but we figure to lose at least one of our better players in this window, and perhaps more.

Amateur League

** Star Rating - 0.93(+0.07)
** Classes - 84(--)
** Levels - 17(+1)
** Skills - 21(+3)

We're just the slightest hair below-average now here.

Third League

** Star Rating - 1.46(--)
** Classes - 88(--)
** Levels - 25(+1)
** Skills - 27(+3)

Things continue to level out overall. Rot-Weiss Essen and SV Waldhof Mannheim look like they're going to relegate after staying up last year, while TSV Havelse celebrates finally promoting to Third League by sitting in last and looking every bit the part of an overmatched club.

It's pretty obvious than Schweinfurt and Frankfurt are going to promote ... but who's going to get that third spot? The other six clubs literally all still have a shot at it, including us. Keep that in mind during the Winter Break ... we definitely need to decide whether we want to make a run at this or not.

Germany appears to be a near-sure thing to take over the #2 spot from England by the start of the next season. As of now, we have the most clubs left in continental competition as well.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-25-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:40 AM   #225
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Roster Details

Player Assignments

DavidCorperial(Wingers)

LD Ortag

M Blank
SL: LM

MF Tunjic

M Maslanka
SL: AM

D Schluter
SL: RD

M Pitzen
SL: RM

larrymcg421(Central Forwards & Midfielders)

CF Mengele

MF Fetscher

DM Zeitz

FW Jedin

CF Karger

F Munster
SL: CF

? Heigel

thehitcat(Central Defenders & Keepers)

GK Komolong

SW Doringer
SL: More Talent

CD Jager

DF Neageli

D Schulte
SL: CD, Talent

D Degner

? Dieing
SL: D

I ended up throwing Heigel to larrymcg421 just because, based on our current lineup, I thought perhaps he might want a youth backup to Zeitz. Another winger(to replace Blank), backup for Fetscher, etc. are also possible so feel free to chime in if you want to do something else with him coaches. Also updated our value in the previous post; I hadn't added in our current cash on hand by mistake, and that put us over 1 million euros!
Old 10-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #226
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Transactions

Club Resources

** Balance - 75k
** Glory - 112
** Fans - 15
** Stadium Capacity - 100

Upgrades

Same as last time. We have the resources to invest here if we choose to.

7-month Contracts

** LD Ortag - 1421, 3269, 5541*
** CF Mengele - 374, 860, 1458
** ? Dieing - 266, 612, 1037

* Ortag will be sold unless the coaches specifically vote otherwhise, because he's reached the maximum sell age and will turn 34 before the end of the year. I'll wait until just before the transfer window closes unless told otherwhise. D Schluter is next in line to receive his playing time as our only other fullback.

1-month Contracts

** GK Komolong - 623, 1433, 2429
** CF Karger - 14.6k, 33.5k, 56.9k
** F Munster - 302, 695, 1176

Komolong is of course the big question as we still have no backup for him. We can punt a bit if desired; we have four more matches until his contract runs out.

Transfers

I am rejecting for reasons of cheese the vote to buy a couple cheapies here just to see who pops up. If you want to buy anyone for depth or to sell or whatever that's fine, but if we want more choices, that's what the scouting upgrades and global list are for. We have a vote for the global list to check on a GK replacement, but it will need a second in order to pass.

General Playing Time

We've been putting our best foot forward with marginally improved results, and will continue to do so unless Rotation or Mixed approaches are preferred.

Stuttgarter Coaches, time to step up for a critical choice. We have a legitimate, but objectively long-shot chance to promote this year. If we don't go for it, who knows when the next chance will come -- but if we keep Komolong we throw away a considerable fee. What do we do if we lose him though? The global list proposal is out there and we have a few players needing attention in terms of their contract. Also the option of punting for a few matches can be done; we'd be able to see where we sit with three to play if that route was chosen. Still would need to decide now on the global list though, because that takes a week to be generated. And don't forget to consider whether we want to invest in any upgrades.

What say you all?
Old 10-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #227
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Hi Gents I'm back.

I'd still like to sell Komolong but we'd be throwing potentially every game after we sold him until a new keeper becomes available or we train someone up to adequacy. So I'd like to hear from the other coaches. If you think we can promote this year and want to go for it then we'll keep him and sign him for the full three seasons. If you think he's not worth it we can sell him, use some of the money to open the global list and keep our cash and glory tight hoping we find someone worth it on that list.

I'll hold the rest of my recommendations until everyone weighs in on Komolong.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:59 PM   #228
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Seems pretty clear that isn't going to happen.

I'm officially abandoning this dynasty due to lack of interest/participation. I'll take some of the blame for that as well; I'm sure I could have done better in clarity, how I presented things, etc. Bottom lineis that if we aren't going to have interest in discussing even critical points like this in the franchise, then what we've got here is a single-player dynasty masquerading as something else. It's too much work for me to continue on that basis.

No hard feelings, I thought we'd have more people who would want to participate in this but clearly I was wrong about that. Thanks for those who did join and made contributions.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-31-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:36 AM   #229
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Sorry about that. I had typed up a response to your most recent question, but didn't realize it never got sent until I saw this latest update. I was going to say we should sell Komolong. I can do a more thorough post in the morning.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #230
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

well shit. Sad it's going cuz I had fun. Thanks for kicking it off Brian
Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #231
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I enjoyed it, but it was tough in certain ways to really coach like this so am sorry to see this go.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 AM   #232
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421
Sorry about that. I had typed up a response to your most recent question, but didn't realize it never got sent until I saw this latest update. I was going to say we should sell Komolong. I can do a more thorough post in the morning.

Thanks for the offer and thoughts. I've felt this coming for a couple of season though - I think DC was right here. It just didn't click interaction-wise for whatever reasons.