Head Coach

Survivor: Edge (and Bono)

new twist.

what a twist!

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't remember Joe. He looks like Malcolm. I will call him Malcolm.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #3
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Joe is Malcolm without any strategic ability.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm very curious to see how (or if) they can make this twist not be awful.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I remember Joe, exactly what larrymsg421 said. A Malcolm clone with no strategic ability. So a poor man's version of Malcolm.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I can't figure out this twist. I mean they've done exile islands and variations of the "one person is by themself" a lot. They even did that horrible arena.

So what is it this time? So everyone is just going to get dumped on that island until they give up? I didn't see any food there actually.

Hmmm could THIS be the season they actually kill someone?
Old 02-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #7
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I can't figure out this twist. I mean they've done exile islands and variations of the "one person is by themself" a lot. They even did that horrible arena.

So what is it this time? So everyone is just going to get dumped on that island until they give up? I didn't see any food there actually.

I believe it's essentially Redemption Island (with possibly more limited food/resources?) but with only two duels to get back in the game with one at the merge and I think another towards the end of the game.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:48 AM   #8
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I'm very curious to see how (or if) they can make this twist not be awful.

It's pretty much definitely going to be awful -- however, I will give them this: The voted off player being all pissed and then coming to the crossroads and being shocked that they're not actually out of the game is good TV. Until everyone knows about it, it will be good TV every single time.

But ultimately that won't make up for the awful.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #9
larrymcg421
Head Coach

This is more like the combination of Redemption and the Outcast twist from season 7, because here the contestants don't know about this twist and will likely be shocked when it's finally announced, presumably during the merge duel.

The main thing I don't like is that, from what I've read, the people that lose the challenge to re-enter the game aren't eliminated. They can actually go back to Extinction Island and wait for the next chance to enter the game. If they then lose, they still get to be part of the jury. Theoretically there could be 15 people on the jury.

The only way this will work is if, unlike Redemption Island, the conditions are so brutal that it compels people to quit. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
This is more like the combination of Redemption and the Outcast twist from season 7, because here the contestants don't know about this twist and will likely be shocked when it's finally announced, presumably during the merge duel.

The main thing I don't like is that, from what I've read, the people that lose the challenge to re-enter the game aren't eliminated. They can actually go back to Extinction Island and wait for the next chance to enter the game. If they then lose, they still get to be part of the jury. Theoretically there could be 15 people on the jury.

The only way this will work is if, unlike Redemption Island, the conditions are so brutal that it compels people to quit. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I have in my head a hilarious version of this where contestants are just put there and given absolutely nothing to do. No challenges nothing. THey just have to sit there for days until they give up...and they just keep piling people onto the island.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I feel like I could go back through 10 years of Survivor threads and guys are always claiming this new twist sucks, this season is weak, this cast is terrible, etc...yet we keep having new threads every season
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:01 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have in my head a hilarious version of this where contestants are just put there and given absolutely nothing to do. No challenges nothing. THey just have to sit there for days until they give up...and they just keep piling people onto the island.

Maybe put 'em in cubicles for 12 hours a day or something.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:17 PM   #13
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:

It honestly kind of feels like this is what they've always wanted to do -- to make it really a show about surviving -- but they couldn't figure out a way to do it without everyone just quitting. So they've made the quitting part of the drama.

Which is fine, I guess, until whoever it is rejoins the game and gets immediately voted out again because screw the losers.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I want to see a mega season. 2 seasons going on at once, neither with knowledge of the other. Then at the merge; bring out each merged tribe. Surprise, now that is the tribe you are going against (bet you wish you kept those "threats" around now).
Old 02-25-2019, 05:41 AM   #15
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I want to see a mega season. 2 seasons going on at once, neither with knowledge of the other. Then at the merge; bring out each merged tribe. Surprise, now that is the tribe you are going against (bet you wish you kept those "threats" around now).

Good idea. I've always proposed NOT merging, and so a tribe that picks away at their top guys would pay for it.

It might make for a bad season if things become uneven, but would likely help protect the top players in future seasons.

I am a bit tired of watching all the interesting players get knocked off before the merge.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:08 AM   #16
molson
General Manager

Interesting photo of what survivor looks like from the players' perspective.

https://i.redd.it/ym3a8hx3cyi21.png

Last edited by molson : 02-27-2019 at 12:19 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #17
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think no matter how bad or good this season is, this thread is already delivering
Old 02-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #18
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Poor Keith was about to explode.

I'm not sure why THAT is the hardest decision he has to make unless he just doesn't understand what it says.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:06 PM   #19
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Poor Keith was about to explode.

I'm not sure why THAT is the hardest decision he has to make unless he just doesn't understand what it says.
Next episode is going to end with someone getting voted out, following the path to the sign, and finding Keith still there trying to make up his mind.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:24 AM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow the edge of extinction island is so much more fun to watch than the main tribes

And they SERIOUSLY have got it made! No stress about the game. No exhausting challenges. Just sit on a tropical island and relax. Now they have other people to talk to.

Keith is hilarious....more calling out to God for help in a game.

Aubrey was so amazingly bad...I was rooting for her because I love her as a person and a player but she deserves to go if she's THAT STUPID

YOu know the rule...if you think that nobody is playing the game...then you are the one being played...

And oh boy waste of space wendy
Old 03-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #21
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I thought Wendy was a terrible Survivor player but kind of fun to watch. Basically, she though was a more likable Sugar.

I'm rooting for David, Kelley, and Lauren at this point. I'm hoping they keep Wardog with them and are able to pull in Joe and Aurora and take out the fairly invisible (editing wise) but dominant Kama Newbie 6.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:32 AM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I finally watched the second half of mega episode.

I was actually REALLY liking wardog's game. Kelley's was definitely strongarming that tribe very subtly . She's running things for sure. But I like that Wardog is totally makoing his own thing.

But I like david more.

I seriously don't know why ALL of the newbies have this total tunnelvision of getting rid of returners. that is NOT a strategy.

I'd totally latch onto a couple and just vote out the ones kicking out their returners.

Some of them are paying so much attention to that they are oblivious to everything and everyone else in the game. I mean I get it if they are scared of like a Boston Rob or Russell just constantly bullying everybody. But no one is doing that. kelley is really the only one that is kinda leading her group but she really isn't doing that much to do it. The newbies just keep saying that the returners don't "deserve" to be there....which is nonsense. That kind of sentiment has been around since season 1 and it really has no place in the game.

Edge of extinction is so fun to watch. Holy cow Reem is a bitch.
My sister is exactly like that. she's just got no clue about this game. She really should have left a long time ago. Aubrey's right. That group has nothing to be mad at. They should jsut be happy being there.

I DO Like that david and kelley are talking but in the end her loyalty is Lauren. And I truly believed they would take him out.

So glad Wendy left. The other tribe didn't want her anyway.

Merge will be interesting. SOOOO thankful joe survived.

Now maybe he can find others to work with

Maybe David and Joe and Kelly together...THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-22-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #23
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I wonder if the big extinction reveal takes some of the heat off of Joe. He was going to be the obvious target to vote out as soon as he didn't win an immunity. But if you know he's just going to go to an island to sit around and then have a chance at winning one challenge to come back anyway, do you just keep him around and at least let him provide some food to eat?
Old 04-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wooooooooooooooooooooow...how the hell does wardog keep doing that?

that was fun!

didja see ole poutyfaced Ron?

And the award for best actress goes to Victoria!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Funny thing is that with the way this season has started out I still know almost nothing about half of the people out there. The prior episode I had one of those "who the hell is that" moments; rare for this far into the game.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
wooooooooooooooooooooow...how the hell does wardog keep doing that?

that was fun!

didja see ole poutyfaced Ron?

And the award for best actress goes to Victoria!

I want to know how someone named "wardog" can be so physically useless...
Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Funny thing is that with the way this season has started out I still know almost nothing about half of the people out there. The prior episode I had one of those "who the hell is that" moments; rare for this far into the game.

you know that woman that you didn't know was actually on the show? she's gone now.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:47 PM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
That was all sorts of awesome.

so like every time i watch, i watch from my dvr. And once it gets to tribal, i hit pause and see how much time is left on the episode. Usually it's like 15 minutes maybe. sometimes less for uninteresting given votes. About half the episode was left when I got to tribal so I knew it was interesting. I FFed through it a bit and saw people scrambling so I knew it was gonna be good

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
That was all sorts of awesome.

I think the best part was Julie shouting "I'm out!"

Her instincts were SOOOOO right...as were david's and Kelly's. These guys are amateurs at deception. It reminded me of season 4 when the 4some "in charge" got called out with that one challenge which basically allowed them to deny everyone else who wasn't in their alliance a reward...the other 6(I think) quickly voted out the leader.

"hey guys. You are listening to 4 people who are telling you all what to do"

Gavin is really annoying to me. I liked at first that he wanted to "shake things up and add to his resume" but he translated that into...everyone do what I say and if you don't then it's a dictatorship. Ugh.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Last thought...being on extinction seems to have really given RIck a new view on life...a freer "WTF Let's dance!" attitude! Love it!
Old 04-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This week's was relatively boring. No wonder they crammed them together.

Though when I first saw how much time was left at the initial tribal I thought we were going to be in for another thriller, sadly no.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This week's was relatively boring. No wonder they crammed them together.

Though when I first saw how much time was left at the initial tribal I thought we were going to be in for another thriller, sadly no.

i know i was like....wtf there's a half hour left?
uh....

second half ending was great.
I don't know why wardog didn't go to gavin.
"Kill the returners" is his mantra.

Still so great David and Aubrey's reactions
Old 04-21-2019, 03:15 AM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just watched that tribal again and the best part is Wardog's faces.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #35
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Rumors regarding Survivor 39 and 40 themes only. Note that this site was correct about the name of Season 36 (Ghost Island) and the theme of Edge of Extinction way in advance. I don't remember if they had much to say about David vs. Goliath's name or theme.

Spoiler
Old 04-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

what's the rumor?
Old 04-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh...the spoilers.....heh
Old 04-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Rumors regarding Survivor 39 and 40 themes only. Note that this site was correct about the name of Season 36 (Ghost Island) and the theme of Edge of Extinction way in advance. I don't remember if they had much to say about David vs. Goliath's name or theme.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 04-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #39
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 04-25-2019, 03:23 AM   #40
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I see....this group has devolved into being a full-on clique, some have seriously stopped playing...or never were.

And kelly just demonstrated why it was very important to vote her ass out.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #41
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Devens' burn of Ron at tribal was one of the great all-time moments in the game. Caught red-handed, set up beautifully, with members of the jury cheering - perfect!

Last edited by Bisbo : 05-02-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
Devens' burn of Ron at tribal was one of the great all-time moments in the game. Caught red-handed, set up beautifully, with members of the jury cheering - perfect!

yeah that was a great moment for him. I was almost thinking he was gonna mess up and didn't understand he was ready to play both of them. How he did it was brilliant~!

Funny thing is Gavin didn't do what Aurora wanted with the extra vote and kinda burnt her by burning the extra vote

I don't like either Gavin nor Aurora.

Now that Ron is gone, only Devons is deserving. After that a distant Lauren.

Really I can't wait to whoever comes back from the jury wins....hell it's gonna be Joe of course...Wardog has no chance as he sucks at cheallenges
Old 05-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #43
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

If Devens makes it to the final three, he's a lock IMO. Likable, funny, survived Exile Island and has a fantastic blindside on his resume.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #44
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
If Devens makes it to the final three, he's a lock IMO. Likable, funny, survived Exile Island and has a fantastic blindside on his resume.
Yeah, I went into the season thinking that anyone who got voted out couldn't possibly come back and win, but he's pretty much a lock if he makes it.

If anything, he's playing too well -- his jury management is so good that I can't imagine the other players letting him make it to the final. His only hope at this point should be going on an immunity run or finding idols, and I don't love his odds. But at the very worst, he's probably ensured himself an invitation back to play in a future season or two.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Glad Ron got what he deserved, loved how Devens played it.

Was I the only one surprised that Gavin had a wife? I missed it if he talked about it earlier. Doesn't matter one way or the other, just surprised me.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yes extrtemely surprised gavin had a wife. but at the same time meh i guess not.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #47
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Yeah, I went into the season thinking that anyone who got voted out couldn't possibly come back and win, but he's pretty much a lock if he makes it.

If anything, he's playing too well -- his jury management is so good that I can't imagine the other players letting him make it to the final. His only hope at this point should be going on an immunity run or finding idols, and I don't love his odds. But at the very worst, he's probably ensured himself an invitation back to play in a future season or two.

I said the exact thing to my wife last night. He is coming back for sure. His exposure of Ron and ? was amazing and I think could give others pause.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #48
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Glad Ron got what he deserved, loved how Devens played it.

Was I the only one surprised that Gavin had a wife? I missed it if he talked about it earlier. Doesn't matter one way or the other, just surprised me.

I was aware of it but I think only because of Josh Wiggler's First One Out pregame interviews on RHAP with each of the contestants and it stuck out to me that he had gotten married just days before he left for Survivor. I don't remember it ever being mentioned on the show.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #49
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I love that she thought they were "fooled" by his fake about the idol. Not really, you were always their second option.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #50
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So fun! Loved his running around the woods!
haha