General Manager

Which will be higher:

GS wins

or

Knicks and Nets combined wins?
Old 10-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #252
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm thinking GS, pending injuries or (maybe more likely) boredom.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #253
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Nets could surprise, but yeah I doubt I'd put the two combined at 60+ unless KP plays a lot more than I think he will.

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #254
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Nets could surprise, but yeah I doubt I'd put the two combined at 60+ unless KP plays a lot more than I think he will.

Their combined over/under is 61 and I think GS beats that.

But, with as weak as the East is I can see the Nets winning 40 games and then even a 25 win Knicks team makes things interesting.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Made 5 team total bets

Jazz +49.5
Pistons +38.5
Kings -25.5
Bucks +47.5
Nets +32.5

Also did a 5 lef parlay for division winners- Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, Bucks, Jazz for 11-1 odds.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #256
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Their combined over/under is 61 and I think GS beats that.

But, with as weak as the East is I can see the Nets winning 40 games and then even a 25 win Knicks team makes things interesting.
I do think the Nets can make the playoffs. I did say the same last year and they didn't, though they had an amazingly bad record in close games... but at the end of the day I think having good PG play matters a lot in close games, and after Dinwiddie's hot first shooting month the Dinwiddie/Russell combo was just bad, so unless one makes an improvement to average I'm not sold.

The rumors about KP not playing even 20 games are sad, but it's not a huge shock Kevin Knox (and to a lesser extent Mitchell Robinson) came back down to earth in preseason... those two, Allonzo Trier and Frankie Ntilikina could all be solid players in a couple seasons - and I'm starting to buy in to the KD to New York rumors more than I ever did the Kyrie to NY ones - but especially if they salary dump Hardaway or even Courtney Lee to open up that max space for KD (or Butler, etc) you won't win games playing that many under 21 y/o's. Especially since the East as a whole might still be trailing the West between like 3-8, but the bottom of the East isn't as deep as it has been recently. Atlanta is the only team I'd definitely have in NY's tier if KP isn't playing, and I'd even put the Bulls up with the Cavs and Magic in a tier above that. No surprise the Knicks under 29.5 total already has the highest odds at -180 (just slightly above the Rockets over 55.5).

The third part of the equation is the Warriors... and I don't even know how to predict that. Maybe DMC energizes them on "off" nights, but they're at the point I don't think they care about the regular season or even homecourt, so it only takes a few games where you hold out players to get shaky.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-16-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #257
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Also, the Celtics won by 20 tonight over the Sixers when our two "best" players went 6-26 and Horford didn't get double digit points either... I think the game says more about where Philly is right now than us, but it was nice.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #258
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Doncic already looks like a 10 year vet
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote