Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #351
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I wouldnt reccomend killing jeeber...might be your last action on FOFC now

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes you to box Schmidty...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #352
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I'm just waiting to see how long it takes you to box Schmidty...
I have no idea what your talking about...Innocent ol me??
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Working my way through the early posts:

#114 Eagles says that he would like to be scanned by the seer, two posts after AE has asked for the same.

#130 Alan T laughs at Barkeep's request not to be scanned. I'm guessing the two of them know that they are linked, so is this an attempt to create some separation between them in the thread?

#133 Alan T speculates on the master/pupil/conversion concept, in response to "how many wolves?" question.

#141 Eagles says 4-5 Sith, again coming from a different perspective of Alan T. This seems strange if they were talking via PM, unless their goal was to come up with different answers publicly while agreeing on matters privately.

#147 Eaglesfan defends Alan T's answer in post #133 after Lathum votes for Alan T. First sign of linkage that I have seen here between them.

#170 Eagles votes for Qwik.

#186 Eagles defends himself after my vote for him. Again asks to be viewed. Both times he mentions his "heart" - was there some code in that?

#190 Alan T says he is getting bad vibes from Qwik, but doesn't want to jump on bandwagon at this time.

#196 Eagles agrees with Dubbs reasons for voting for Lathum (who voted for Alan T, who Eagles knows to be good).

#211 Eagles hopes that he won't be a night kill because he now has two votes on him (Jeebs joined in).

#225 Alan T votes for Lathum.

#249 Eagles wonders why Sack created a tie.

#253 Eagles is glad there is not a tie when voting was closed.

#254 Alan T says that Sack/AE/Gram moved late votes, look at them if Qwik is bad.

#259 Eagles says that if Superman is good then we have to lynch Qwik for more info on late vote swing.

#265 Alan T doesn't understand martyr approach of Qwik and Ardent.

#270 Alan T wonders what will happen if heat is brought early on Qwik again tomorrow, will same people rescue him?

#277 Alan T discusses voting versus no vote.

#300 Eagles wants to hear my analysis, thinks we need to vote on Qwik tomorrow to clarify vote shift (reiterates point from post #259).

#304 Saldana announces the night actions.

I initially held off on discussing info prior to Night 1 because I wanted to see if the four (Gram, Sack, AE, and Qwik) were all still with us today. It didn't make sense to me at the time to openly agree with what Eagles had already posted as it would likely influence the night actions of the Sith.

However, Eaglesfan was killed over night and Alan T was, from the Sith perspective, an added bonus.

Was he killed in an attempt to dissuade this line of thought? It seemed pretty obvious to me that we needed to understand the Day 1 vote better, which is why I put my thoughts together and voted for Qwik early this morning. I feel even more strongly about this course of action after doing the post recap.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #354
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
#254 Alan T says that Sack/AE/Gram moved late votes, look at them if Qwik is bad.

In my case, it worked out to having been away for 2 hours due to covering a softball game for the school newspaper, and then losing another hour to a dropped connection. The two hours was unavoidable, but had I not lost my connection, Superman would have gotten my vote much earlier than he did.

I regret causing the tie, but Qwik had been contributing, Superman hadn't, and I still maintain that if we have to lose a Jedi the first day - as the odds suggested we must - that it's better to lose a silent one than a vocal contributor (even if he DOES speak in Jar Jarese).

I'll be looking over the day 2 postings in about an hour (I have an editor's board meeting at school), and figure out where I want to go with my vote from here.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #355
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Saldana - it works for me too

Hoops - so let me get it clear by voting Qwik we will hopefully know a little info about some people that moved, and thus link them together correct? Just want to be clear on you though/reasoning. I liked it in the lost game, but you were taken out too quickly.

I don't like the whole voting for yourself practice, but it could be that Qwik is the duke and he knows who to take out correct? In lost, I was the duke, but my dukness swayed others to move their votes to the second highest vote getter, but only enough to get him lynched. Since in the lost game it was 1 from me on Alan and everyone on me it forced everyone to move to Alan in that game.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #356
KWhit
Coordinator

I think that we will learn some things from a Qwik vote. Lathum definitely seems suspicious too, and he'd be my 2nd choice (I may even change my mind and vote for him later).

VOTE QWIKSHOT
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #357
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, saldana, that schedule is fine with me as well.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #358
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Qwikshot

Like AlanT's idea of what would happen if early votes are on him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #359
Desnudo
Coordinator

Vote Lathum

I find the argument against him much more compelling. Qwikshot is behaving in an ecentric manner in line with how he behaved last game.

I also find Cartman's reliance on the anti Jar-Jar deal on day 2 a bit odd.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #360
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I also find Cartman's reliance on the anti Jar-Jar deal on day 2 a bit odd.

You obviously do not understand my depth of hatred for Jar Jar. Did you ever see the South Park episode of "Jackovosaurs"?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #361
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, I will be out all day and well past the vote. I know I am a jedi so I am automaticaly suspiscious of Barkeep and Tanglewood
(who didn't vote yesterday). By killing AlanT (the only person I voted for) it is a classic set up to make me look bad. I will have no way of arguing for myself since I will be at work for the next 15 hours so in possible self preservation

VOTE QWICKSHOT

AlanT's death couldn't have been a Sith frameup attempt on Lathum. How would they know as early as night 1 about a bond between the two?

This seems a little bit like trying to hide in plain sight to me. He draws attention to himself by noting his vote for AlanT, and then tries to deflect it away as "a Sith frameup." By doing it himself, rather than waiting for somebody else to do it, he may be hoping nobody thinks to question him.

Vote Lathum
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #362
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, post #318 is the long version of my logic in voting for Qwikshot, but you have captured the short version. And here is an even shorter version - I want to know if Day 1 was random or not.

There is obviously a downside if Qwik is a Jedi - we lose a friend and likely another one in the night actions. But even in this result I think we start to build trust on the three late vote changers, since I don't think that the Sith would make late vote swings from one Jedi to another Jedi. Just no reward in that attention, as far as I can see. I wouldn't put them on the cleared list, but absent any other information I would feel better about them than I would without this information.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #363
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Word.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #364
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Saldana - it works for me too

Hoops - so let me get it clear by voting Qwik we will hopefully know a little info about some people that moved, and thus link them together correct? Just want to be clear on you though/reasoning. I liked it in the lost game, but you were taken out too quickly.

I don't like the whole voting for yourself practice, but it could be that Qwik is the duke and he knows who to take out correct? In lost, I was the duke, but my dukness swayed others to move their votes to the second highest vote getter, but only enough to get him lynched. Since in the lost game it was 1 from me on Alan and everyone on me it forced everyone to move to Alan in that game.

Just for clarification...I am NOT the duke.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #365
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Word.

to your mother.

Can't touch this!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #366
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls, post #318 is the long version of my logic in voting for Qwikshot, but you have captured the short version. And here is an even shorter version - I want to know if Day 1 was random or not.

There is obviously a downside if Qwik is a Jedi - we lose a friend and likely another one in the night actions. But even in this result I think we start to build trust on the three late vote changers, since I don't think that the Sith would make late vote swings from one Jedi to another Jedi. Just no reward in that attention, as far as I can see. I wouldn't put them on the cleared list, but absent any other information I would feel better about them than I would without this information.

well it looks like a two pony race anyhow. I guess I see the logic in trying to bring a few people closer to cleared and losing one.

vote Qwikshot
Old 03-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #367
Schmidty
Coordinator

I really don't get Qwik's ploy here. It makes zero since.

Do you think it might have something to do with becoming a "Force Ghost" like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, etc.???? Perhaps he knows that him becoming such a ghost would help us much more than he could as a simple Jedi.

I don't know what else it could be, since he seems very strong in his desire for death. Well, I hope this works:

Vote Qwikshot
Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #368
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like my vote from yesterday is still catching some heat, and for good reason. He voted for an innocent yesterday after having a completely BS reason for that vote in the first place AND getting called on it. After getting called on it, he still didn't change his vote.

Then he comes in today and either tells a bold face lie, or MUCH less likely was completely confused about what happened last night(although later today he will come in and use this excuse.) Alan T's death wasn't a frame up for Lathum, since his death was kind of a "bonus" to the sith. There real target was the good doc.

As for Qwik, I'll admit his voting for himself is getting old. He may think he is helping, but if he is innocent drawing the discussion onto himself is hurting us(especially several days in a row). Most of the people voting for him are really only doing it b/c they find his play annoying. I don't think he is helping nearly as much as he is hurting.

With all of that said, I must ride out my vote from yesterday. I'm still more convinced of Lathum than Qwik.

VOTE LATHUM
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #369
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
AlanT's death couldn't have been a Sith frameup attempt on Lathum. How would they know as early as night 1 about a bond between the two?

This seems a little bit like trying to hide in plain sight to me. He draws attention to himself by noting his vote for AlanT, and then tries to deflect it away as "a Sith frameup." By doing it himself, rather than waiting for somebody else to do it, he may be hoping nobody thinks to question him.

Vote Lathum

Like I said earlier, it couldn't be a frame because the Sith wouldn't have known they were going to get AlanT along with their actual target (EF). This is the reason why I'm leaving my vote on Lathum. I can see the logic in the Qwik vote, but at this point I'm much more suspicious of Lathum.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #370
JeeberD
General Manager

penny's got me convinced...

Unvote Qwik

Vote Lathum

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #371
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I really don't get Qwik's ploy here. It makes zero since.

Do you think it might have something to do with becoming a "Force Ghost" like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, etc.???? Perhaps he knows that him becoming such a ghost would help us much more than he could as a simple Jedi.

I don't know what else it could be, since he seems very strong in his desire for death. Well, I hope this works:

Vote Qwikshot

Nope, I get no reward for dying.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #372
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Qwik, I'm interested in what you think of Lathum? Also, do you have suspicions of anyone else in the game that you'd like to get out there in case you get lynched today? I know its only day 2, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #373
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Qwik, I'm interested in what you think of Lathum? Also, do you have suspicions of anyone else in the game that you'd like to get out there in case you get lynched today? I know its only day 2, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Here's my problem, if I say "yes" it immediately undermines my integrity. I think you did get him in a catch but he's not around to clarify a defense.

If I say about someone else, it again, creates even more turbulence that I've apparantly caused.

As for those that find it annoying, not buying it...I hardly think what I'm doing is annoying enough to kill me without a paucity of thought.

I am a Jedi, just a regular one, a crazy one yes, but I'm not Sith or supportive of the dark side.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #374
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I am a Jedi, just a regular one, a crazy one yes, but I'm not Sith or supportive of the dark side.

Well, if this is the case, I'd rather you didn't die in vain. The only way your death can help the Jedi cause would be if you disclosed any information/ideas you have?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #375
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I don’t think Qwik is Sith and I think maybe Lathum was caught in a lie or miss step none the less. That seems more beneficial than the non voter at this point.

UNVOTE TANGLEWOOD

VOTE LATHUM
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #376
KWhit
Coordinator

Does anyone have a vote count?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #377
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Does anyone have a vote count?
In about 1 minute
Old 03-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #378
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Lathum-Barkeep, Pennywisesb, Desnudo, Sackattack, Dubb, JeeberD, Grammaticus (7)

Qwik-Hoops, Qwik, Cartman, KWit, McKerney, SnDvls, Schmidty (7)

Tanglewood-Lathum (1)
Old 03-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #379
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

*KWhit, sorry
Old 03-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #380
SnDvls
Pro Starter

7-7-1

Qwik, Latham & Tangle
Old 03-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #381
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - penny beat me to it.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #382
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, that means that Lathum can move his vote off Tanglewood, onto Qwik for a divert and Qwik can move his vote off himself and onto Lathum for the trump.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #383
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola, of course there are some non voters at this point.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #384
SnDvls
Pro Starter

5. TazFTW
7. Tanglewood
9. Kingfc22
12. StKelly52
14. Barkeep49
17. Ardent Enthusiast

I have the following who haven't voted..anyone got different?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #385
SnDvls
Pro Starter

oops correct barkeep did

5. TazFTW
7. Tanglewood
9. Kingfc22
12. StKelly52
17. Ardent Enthusiast
Old 03-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #386
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
oops correct barkeep did

5. TazFTW
7. Tanglewood
9. Kingfc22
12. StKelly52
17. Ardent Enthusiast

I have the same.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #387
SnDvls
Pro Starter

did any of the non-voters vote Lathum or Qwik yesterday?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #388
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, King and Tanglewood are both here, hopefully they'll vote so we'll only be waiting on 3.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #389
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I would assume that they will continue to put their vote there so that could give a good idea of the outcome.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #390
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Taz didn't vote and King voted StKelly. I'm looking into the other 3.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #391
kingfc22
Head Coach

Crap. If either one of the guys I vote for is a Jedi then I will be looked at suspect numero uno. I'm just a normal Jedi Knight and I think voting for Qwik will be allow us to look back at all the late switches yesterday for information.

VOTE QWIKSHOT
Old 03-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #392
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
5. TazFTW
7. Tanglewood
9. Kingfc22
12. StKelly52
17. Ardent Enthusiast

I have the following who haven't voted..anyone got different?

fixed it for ya
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #393
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
fixed it for ya

damn, i am slow today
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #394
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
damn, i am slow today

lol
Old 03-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #395
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

My bad, Tanglewood was the one who didn't vote, Taz voted Superman.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #396
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very interesting. Second day in a row that Qwik has jumped out to an early lead, only to have another candidate run him down.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #397
KWhit
Coordinator

Lathum's comment earlier has me suspecting him at this point, so I'm going to change my vote to him for now. I think Qwik might just be being his wacky self, but I don't know for sure. I honestly can't see a Sith going for a vote for himself strategy that early. Seems odd and non-Sithlike to me.

Unvote Qwikshot
Vote Lathum
Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #398
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Very interesting. Second day in a row that Qwik has jumped out to an early lead, only to have another candidate run him down.

Yea, but can you really defend Lathum at this point?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #399
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah. I don't know what that means, though, because I think Qwik is a Jedi.

I don't buy it that he voted for himself as a Sith. Of course, I don't know why a Jedi would do that either, but it definitely brings a lot of attention onto yourself, which I would imagine a Sith would like to avoid.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #400
Desnudo
Coordinator

I will be shocked if Qwikshot is a Sith. It's possible that he's the hidden one, but I doubt it. It's still a ridiculous move, why bother? What do you gain? Death? Possibly somewhat temporarily clearing a few other Sith?

So basically people are voting for Qwik for clarity, knowing that he's 99% a jedi. Clarity doesn't cut it for me as enough of an excuse. I don't like that argument from Hoops.

If Qwik is a Sith, this game will be over in a few days as those vote switchers will be next. Making them the four dumbest werewolves in history (old joke reference).

Whereas Lathum has been caught in some very suspicious postings and is generally setting off alarm bells all over the place. So we ignore the obvious suspect? If Qwik does get lynched and turns out to be a Jedi, at least I'll have a nice short list to look at.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote