Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2024, 11:19 PM   #1
Xcore
n00b

How to Add Realistic Draft Classes

Hi,

I am new but love the game, just want to make it more realistic with 2024 Draft Class.

Can anyone explain for a dummy how I can have the 2024 Draft Class added and then also subsequent Draft Classes as season go on?

Xcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 03:00 PM   #2
KingZal
n00b

In FOF9 there is no way to import draft classes to a save file that is already in progress. Future players have to be built into whatever player file you use when starting a new save file, and the year they enter the draft must be declared ahead of time.

You can look at nilodor's historical player files to see what this looks like. Each roster file includes draft data up to 2019, as denoted under the YEARENTRY column.
KingZal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 05:40 PM   #3
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

You can add draft classes to the custom player file you are using once you start. I just did it.

Just make their base year the upcoming draft year and set their player ID to zero.

When the draft is generated the game will look at this file for a base year of a player entering the draft that season.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:45 PM   #4
KingZal
n00b

Well shit, I stand corrected. I thought all future players had to be declared from the start, but that's not the case.
KingZal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:32 AM   #5
eggplantlilac
n00b

Edit the custom player file. Set their player ID to zero and make the next draft year their base year.

Last edited by eggplantlilac : 04-07-2024 at 08:12 PM.
eggplantlilac is offline   Reply With Quote