Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #651
Tyrith
College Starter

Also, any merit to voting to have The Joker kill one person, and then just going ahead and lynching the other and seeing where we stand? Although I haven't really thought about lynch candidates for today at all.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #652
Autumn
Head Coach

This is Gotham Live. In response to the Joker's threat today, several press conferences have been held by prominent citizens. The strange thing about it? Each one of them claimed to be the Batman. Has Batman's true identity been revealed? No comment from any of these citizens about the supposed other Batmen, but each says that the Joker can now be brought to justice and that he should give up his game.

Last edited by Autumn : 06-02-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #653
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems we have several Batmen. You will not be informed publicly by me if the true Batman has revealed, but the game effects will take place behind the scenes.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #654
Tyrith
College Starter

Great, so we aren't going to get anything definitive. This seems to mean that Chubby's scheme didn't do much other than muddy the water.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #655
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It seems we have several Batmen. You will not be informed publicly by me if the true Batman has revealed, but the game effects will take place behind the scenes.

So, we should all reveal as batman?

I don't think so, still. If Batman actually reveals the mob probably learns about it privately.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #656
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I'm batman.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #657
J23
College Benchwarmer

How would the mob get the info privately?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #658
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
How would the mob get the info privately?

I'm sure they have connections. Autumn said previously that if Batman reveals in the thread it would be bad for him because of enemies he's made, and now he said that he won't tell us publicly if Batman revealed. So clearly those enemies would find out somehow, and if it's not publicly, its privately.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #659
The Jackal
Coordinator

So pretty much either the mob knows that one of the four people that said they are batman actually is batman, or they know that he's not one of those four people. So I don't think there's any benefit for people to keep doing this. The real Batman isn't going to reveal just so we can lynch Danny on day two, I'd imagine. Only he/the mob can know what consequences or what game effects get triggered by his revealing. The rest of us are just helping the mob if we're narrowing down their target pool.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #660
J23
College Benchwarmer

I guess I disagree. I think the reference to it being bad for him if he revealed wasn't taking into account if we all revealed.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #661
J23
College Benchwarmer

Text No Kill

Vote Danny
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #662
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I disagree. I think the reference to it being bad for him if he revealed wasn't taking into account if we all revealed.

That's possible. I'm just speculating on unknown factors. I imagine Autumn wouldn't make it very easy for Batman to be removed from the game, if he even can be.

I suppose we could all reveal and then just lynch Danny today and hope the consequences aren't bad for Batman, but I imagine he's got a lot of say with what goes on behind the scenes and to force his hand might not be a good idea.

Good food for thought for other people to chime in on.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #663
mckerney
Coordinator

Text Chubby
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #664
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to accept all the orders put in so far today, but just to be clear, the format is:

TEXT KILL "PERSON"
or
TEXT NO KILL
Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #665
mckerney
Coordinator

Text Kill Chubby
Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #666
Autumn
Head Coach

Your Gotham City Morning News

Bhlloy - Narcizo (626)
Danny - J23 (661)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #667
MrBug708
Head Coach

Do we need to post our text kill votes?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #668
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Rock the Vote

Kill Mauboy - narcizo (626)
Kill Chubby - mckerney (663)
No Kill - Chubby (627), mauboy (633), J23 (661)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #669
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Yes
Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #670
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Do you mean versus sending them in PM? Yes, they just be posted in thread. The text thing is just flavor.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #671
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm tempted to vote no kill as well, thinking back to the movies and the 2 boat scene.

Can you refresh my memory on what happened here?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #672
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

I'll answer this as soon as I figure out how to make the spoiler button work.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #673
The Jackal
Coordinator

Does anyone know how the spoiler thing works? I've never used it!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #674
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ok i figured it out, answer coming
Old 06-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #675
Danny
Head Coach

Well, I will know if the real batman reveals and I have no issues letting it be publicly known his true identity.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #676
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Spoiler
Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #677
Thomkal
Head Coach

J23's vote for Danny brings up an interesting idea to me. What happens if we all vote Danny for lynch? We know he can't be lynched unless Batman has revealed, but if he hasn't there would then be no lynch if there are no other candidates right? Then we only have to play the Joker's game and lynch one person like a normal Werewolf day.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #678
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
J23's vote for Danny brings up an interesting idea to me. What happens if we all vote Danny for lynch? We know he can't be lynched unless Batman has revealed, but if he hasn't there would then be no lynch if there are no other candidates right? Then we only have to play the Joker's game and lynch one person like a normal Werewolf day.

Yeah, this is true. If Danny does get lynched then we know Batman is one of the people that revealed, so in that case I'd probably encourage even more people to reveal as opposed to what I'd been preaching. But I do like the idea of only lynching one person - extending the game generally benefits the village more than the wolves.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #679
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for the spoiler Jackal. It does bring a different perspective on the text vote. Now I don't know what to do.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #680
Thomkal
Head Coach

well thinking more about my idea Danny of course will vote for somone else
Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #681
bhlloy
Coordinator

I wonder if Danny gets to choose if we go No Kill, or if it's truly random? If he knows if Batman has revealed and he gets to choose, that could go very badly for us. If it's random, then I'd pretty strongly lean towards to No Kill on the chances that some other mechanic could come in play.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #682
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
well thinking more about my idea Danny of course will vote for somone else

I don't see anything in the rules about the lynch moving to the next candidate if the first can't be lynched. Didn't happen yesterday when Danny was the leader.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #683
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Danny

I think Danny voters are a good place to start looking, mobsters would be more likely to want something like this to happen with The Joker and with Danny's behavior yesterday the result isn't a surprise. I think taking a shot at a free kill on Chubby is worth it, and not that I would trust mauboy but at least his vote was in self defense. I think we can get Danny though, so depending on action order we may not get the kill.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #684
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Danny

I think Danny voters are a good place to start looking, mobsters would be more likely to want something like this to happen with The Joker and with Danny's behavior yesterday the result isn't a surprise. I think taking a shot at a free kill on Chubby is worth it, and not that I would trust mauboy but at least his vote was in self defense. I think we can get Danny though, so depending on action order we may not get the kill.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #685
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I wonder if Danny gets to choose if we go No Kill, or if it's truly random? If he knows if Batman has revealed and he gets to choose, that could go very badly for us. If it's random, then I'd pretty strongly lean towards to No Kill on the chances that some other mechanic could come in play.

I'm pretty sure Danny wouldn't choose not to kill anyone if that's how the vote ends up. Either someone random will get killed, or a mechanic like Batman intervening would have to happen. Maybe he gets to intervene a certain number of times per game, or something like that. We have no idea. It's tough playing games in the dark but it's also a lot of fun.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #686
The Jackal
Coordinator

Another devil's advocate point - if the mob doesn't find out who batman is when he reveals and we try and lynch Danny and it's a no lynch, they'll know 100% that the people that have revealed aren't batman.

However, I'm starting to like the logic of a Danny lynch either to remove him from the game on the chance Batman has revealed, removing anymore of his shenanigans, or for a no lynch that would permit us to only have the chance of one kill today (barring hidden mechanics).
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #687
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, so why are people voting Danny if he can't be lynched?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #688
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't see anything in the rules about the lynch moving to the next candidate if the first can't be lynched. Didn't happen yesterday when Danny was the leader.

True but that was a seperate situation due to him being the Joker.

Autumn,

can you tell us if the second place person will be lynched if the rest of us all vote for the Joker?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #689
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

The problem is that those who have revealed as batman would be exposed and the bad elements can work on narrowing who Batman actually is. I think it seems like more people would need to reveal as Batman
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #690
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

To try and ensure we only lose one person max today (be it mau, chubby, random, or the joker not being able to make the kill because we kill him first or batman stops him).
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #691
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Autumn specifically says the Joker will kill a random person if we vote no kill. So to me that means he has no choice who he kills-which makes sense because he could kill Batman then if he knew who he was.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #692
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Spoiler

If we have this type of game then we have a 50-50 chance of killing a criminal, and without the moral conflict of that situation. We know we want the mobsters dead, we only fear picking wrong and killing a good guy.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #693
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Autumn specifically says the Joker will kill a random person if we vote no kill. So to me that means he has no choice who he kills-which makes sense because he could kill Batman then if he knew who he was.

Yes, the joker is all about chaos, so I imagine if we end up picking no kill it will certainly be random.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #694
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

And to add to what the Jackal said, we will not know if Batman has publically revealed. If one of the five (I think?) who have publically said they are Batman, really is the Batman, the Joker may now be lynchable.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #695
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
If we have this type of game then we have a 50-50 chance of killing a criminal, and without the moral conflict of that situation. We know we want the mobsters dead, we only fear picking wrong and killing a good guy.

By that do you mean a correlation between the people on the boats and mau/chubby? You think it's definite that one of them is a criminal? Not sure what you're saying.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #696
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn,

can you tell us if the second place person will be lynched if the rest of us all vote for the Joker?

If the vote winner is someone who cannot be lynched, there will be no lynch.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #697
Tyrith
College Starter

I really doubt it's going to be as simple as we all say we're the Batman, then we kill Danny and everything goes about its business. It seems pretty likely that we'd lose Batman sometime soon as a consequence; there has to be something to stop him from wanting to play ball with this, otherwise it's a false choice. Unless we're okay losing Batman as the price for getting rid of The Joker right now, we probably want to hold off on this plan for at least a little while longer.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #698
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm conflicted. I still feel in my gut that Batman actually revealing has negative consequences for him via the mob, even if we as a general public won't find out who he is. It's certainly possible they won't find out either. The Joker has already claimed he'll find out if Batman reveals, but we can't know that for sure. But that's what he wanted all along during the movie, so he might be telling the truth.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #699
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
And to add to what the Jackal said, we will not know if Batman has publically revealed. If one of the five (I think?) who have publically said they are Batman, really is the Batman, the Joker may now be lynchable.

So we want more people to claim to be Batman so the mobsters are even more uncertain of which of us are Batman. Or have the real Batman reveal if you think he hasn't, I guess. That idea is ridiculous though because I am Batman.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #700
J23
College Benchwarmer

I guess I'm willing to take the risk that something bad might happen in order to ensure that something good does happen (lynching Danny).

Of course, this was the same thought process that had me vote Danny day1, which didn't turn out so well.