Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2024, 02:26 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Can We Talk Gameplans

I don't have the time or patience to sit down and design one that would suit my style, but I hate seeing my team run plays I don't think make sense for our roster's strengths.

Anyone willing to share a gameplan repository?

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 11:18 AM   #2
korme
Go Reds

So I might have spoken too soon. Once I took the time to figure out personnel and styles, I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with the recommended gameplans. I felt this wasn't ever the case with FOF8, so this is a nice improvement.

Last edited by korme : 02-03-2024 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #3
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
So I might have spoken too soon. Once I took the time to figure out personnel and styles, I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with the recommended gameplans. I felt this wasn't ever the case with FOF8, so this is a nice improvement.

It does come across pretty well although I still have an issue at times with to many RPO's, especially when I don't have a running QB.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:51 AM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
It does come across pretty well although I still have an issue at times with to many RPO's, especially when I don't have a running QB.

That was actually the catalyst to make this thread. I had a Likes to Run QB in the 10-20 range and it felt like every other play was an RPO. I switched OCs and it helped a bit. I'm sure if I manually went in and played with the playbook I could tighten it up even more.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:59 AM   #5
markdub2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
That was actually the catalyst to make this thread. I had a Likes to Run QB in the 10-20 range and it felt like every other play was an RPO. I switched OCs and it helped a bit. I'm sure if I manually went in and played with the playbook I could tighten it up even more.

An RPO can be handed off to a halfback/fullback. You dont have to have a running QB to run RPOs. Are you thinking of option runs?
markdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 12:19 PM   #6
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdub2 View Post
An RPO can be handed off to a halfback/fullback. You dont have to have a running QB to run RPOs. Are you thinking of option runs?

??? RPO > Run, Pass, Option

If I understand it right the RPO offers 3 options, hand the ball off, pass the ball or the QB choose to keep it and run. Am I wrong?

I know in game I get a lot of RPO's called and my QB has, often, run for more yardage than my starting HB.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 01:33 PM   #7
markdub2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
??? RPO > Run, Pass, Option

If I understand it right the RPO offers 3 options, hand the ball off, pass the ball or the QB choose to keep it and run. Am I wrong?

I know in game I get a lot of RPO's called and my QB has, often, run for more yardage than my starting HB.

In a RPO the Quarterback has the option 1. to hand it off, or 2. play-action fake and pass the ball instead. ("run-pass option", not "run-pass-option run") The "option" in RPO refers to the choice between handing it off or passing, not an option run- the option run (or "read-option") is its own play where Quarterback reads a key defender and decides to either hand it off or keep it himself (to run) based on the position of the defender. In FOF9 its called Option Run

Contributing to the confusion is that in FOF9 play creation screen, you have the ability to assign the Quarterback as the designated ball carrier in an RPO design, which you dont really see in real life RPO designs. But, the game will auto-generate RPOs in which the quarterback "hands it off to himself" and is the Runner in the RPO, which is probably whats contributing to your QBs rushing yardage. But, running QBs also just scramble more in general, so he might just be scrambling after choosing not to hand it off but being unable to throw the pass.
markdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote