Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2024, 03:17 AM   #1
DataGuy
n00b

drive_results.csv

In FOF8, when I export data from my single player game, I don't see the drive_results.csv file being generated. Am I missing something or how do I get that file generated?

DataGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:02 AM   #2
HansMellman
n00b

That particular CSV is generated by the Interrogator application from the Stelmack suite available here - GitHub - gstelmack/FOFUtilities: DraftAnalyzer and PlayerTracker FOF8 support.
HansMellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 07:50 PM   #3
DataGuy
n00b

More information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansMellman View Post
That particular CSV is generated by the Interrogator application from the Stelmack suite available here - GitHub - gstelmack/FOFUtilities: DraftAnalyzer and PlayerTracker FOF8 support.

Are you able to explain to me how it works? When I run the .exe for the interrogator it looks like its doing things but no files are generated. I don't see documentation for it that explains how to use it.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:23 AM   #4
HansMellman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataGuy View Post
Are you able to explain to me how it works? When I run the .exe for the interrogator it looks like its doing things but no files are generated. I don't see documentation for it that explains how to use it.

Yeah the lack of documentation makes it harder, are you on Discord? It would probably be easier to explain it there.

I'll post a couple of basic screenshots here anyway to give an idea, so when you open it (I have it pinned to my taskbar) it should look like this :

Then if you click on the Saved Game drop downs it will show all save games like this:

You select the league you want, for instance - I run a script in one of my MP leagues each week which requires the CSV's generated by Interrogator - so in this example I will select 'MP -RZBRZB15' and then I will fill in the field that I need to which is the 'Process from Season' checkbox and '2061' as that is our current season.

Then you click the 'Load and Generate CSVs' button and it will do some processing, it shows a text at the bottom to display the files its reading etc and will show a 'Finished!' message upon completion.

I'm wondering, where are you checking for the CSVs? As they are dumped in the appdata file where all other CSVs for that league are dumped, NOT into the default file for the app itself - this confused me at the start, so if you're not looking in there, then take a gander.

Also - where did you hear about this CSV? Just interested as usually people who hear about it already kind of know about it from seeing/hearing someone else use it for something.

Any trouble give me a shout on Discord _mellman_
Old 04-12-2024, 12:14 AM   #5
DataGuy
n00b

That is the location I'm checking. I was in a mp league for a couple of seasons. I tried the Interrogator on the mp league and I got the drive results csv. I was hoping to get it for one of my sp leagues but it isn't generating any files for any sp leagues.

As to where I heard about it. I guess years ago I had the interrogator and ran it once because the file exists for one of my sp leagues data folders but only has a few seasons worth or data in it. I came across it and though it would be interesting to see more of but then couldn't figure out where it came from. Any ideas as to why it would be failing on the sp leagues?
Old 04-12-2024, 03:38 AM   #6
HansMellman
n00b

Quote:
That is the location I'm checking. I was in a mp league for a couple of seasons. I tried the Interrogator on the mp league and I got the drive results csv. I was hoping to get it for one of my sp leagues but it isn't generating any files for any sp leagues.

As to where I heard about it. I guess years ago I had the interrogator and ran it once because the file exists for one of my sp leagues data folders but only has a few seasons worth or data in it. I came across it and though it would be interesting to see more of but then couldn't figure out where it came from. Any ideas as to why it would be failing on the sp leagues?

So a few things we can try to rule out, I'd get rid of your current installation of Interrogator and download the binary again from the Github. Secondly, we're talking about FOF8, correct? That's the only version I've ever used it with and I'm pretty sure it wont be compatible with 9 due to all the data structure changes etc.

Lastly, when you run it now for your SP league - does it just close unexpectedly? If it does that it means it's hitting an error somewhere in the process, which is obviously hard to debug without any log or anything, I've had errors from player names before so I always check that - but I was messing around with the CSVs in Python anyway and knew I was getting errors from a particular player via that method.

I just did a test on one season in an SP league save and it worked fine, so hopefully some basic troubleshooting might yield a solution. I'll reply to your DM anyway and see if we can work something out on Discord.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:38 AM   #7
HansMellman
n00b

Quote:

So a few things we can try to rule out, I'd get rid of your current installation of Interrogator and download the binary again from the Github. Secondly, we're talking about FOF8, correct? That's the only version I've ever used it with and I'm pretty sure it wont be compatible with 9 due to all the data structure changes etc.

Lastly, when you run it now for your SP league - does it just close unexpectedly? If it does that it means it's hitting an error somewhere in the process, which is obviously hard to debug without any log or anything, I've had errors from player names before so I always check that - but I was messing around with the CSVs in Python anyway and knew I was getting errors from a particular player via that method.

I just did a test on one season in an SP league save and it worked fine, so hopefully some basic troubleshooting might yield a solution. I'll reply to your DM anyway and see if we can work something out on Discord.