Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #3351
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
God I hope not

The new date is midaugust. If not, then the civil war starts. I heard it from a guy in a T shirt and ballcap
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #3352
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I had read that the biggest threat to Trump was that an indictment against the organization could/would allow all his creditors to call in their debts immediately resulting in the org's bankruptcy....though I don't quite understand why his creditors would collectively want to force that result, if the end result was them not getting paid.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:01 PM   #3353
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I had read that the biggest threat to Trump was that an indictment against the organization could/would allow all his creditors to call in their debts immediately resulting in the org's bankruptcy....though I don't quite understand why his creditors would collectively want to force that result, if the end result was them not getting paid.
So much of that is wishful thinking. It is not going to happen, and he has enough actual collateral that someone would probably step in and take the debt if it did. He has exaggerated his wealth for certain, and is far less liquid than he claims, but he does have some very valuable assets.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:26 AM   #3354
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Jim Jordan being accused of diddling male wrestlers
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:26 AM   #3355
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I heard the most random thing yesterday. Not sure if it is true or not, but it makes sense.

When EMTs, nurses, etc. are trying to determine whether someone has had a neurological episode, one of the questions they ask is "Do you know who the President is?"

For obvious reasons, they've stopped using that question.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:34 AM   #3356
Thomkal
Head Coach

LOL
Old 07-01-2021, 03:03 PM   #3357
Thomkal
Head Coach

Weisselberg does the perp walk-arrested today for tax fraud and grand larceny. Trump Org charged too, but will need someone here with more legal/tax knowledge than me to say how bad this is for Trump World.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #3358
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Weisselberg does the perp walk-arrested today for tax fraud and grand larceny. Trump Org charged too, but will need someone here with more legal/tax knowledge than me to say how bad this is for Trump World.

I have no idea of the details, but one of the things that Trump seems to be really good at is keeping his hands just enough off of illegal things to have plausible deniability for wrongdoing.

I imagine we will see a lot of illegal stuff that Trump and his kids clearly knew about. But the paper trail will be just vague enough that the prosecutors won't charge them and instead obliterate the foot soldiers who carried out the orders.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #3359
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It looks to me like this is a very serious crime by a large organization.

So there'll be a $10 fine.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-01-2021 at 03:58 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #3360
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
It looks to me like this is a very serious crime by a large organization.

So there'll be a $10 fine.

$10 is clearly too high!
Old 07-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #3361
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I have no idea of the details, but one of the things that Trump seems to be really good at is keeping his hands just enough off of illegal things to have plausible deniability for wrongdoing.

I imagine we will see a lot of illegal stuff that Trump and his kids clearly knew about. But the paper trail will be just vague enough that the prosecutors won't charge them and instead obliterate the foot soldiers who carried out the orders.

I feel like this applies to most larger corporations. It's always someone in the middle who ends up as the patsy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:08 PM   #3362
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

A small fine.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:17 PM   #3363
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump went full Goebbels tonight:

Old 07-05-2021, 09:29 PM   #3364
BYU 14
Coordinator

Another excerpt form the book coming up

Quote:
"Trump pressed further, in a line he would leak straight away and that he would be repeating for months to come: 'Do you want to be a patriot or pussy?'" Wolff wrote. "Pence, not rising to the bait, repeated that, in the overwhelming opinion of those constitutional experts he had consulted, the Constitution did not give him the authority to do what the president thought he could do."

I know it is a redundant question, but for hells sake, how can someone so vile, self centered and just plain stupid continue to hold so much sway? The 2022 mid terms would be a fricking bloodbath if democrats would just dial back some of their extreme talking points and quit tripping over their proverbial dicks on things. Nobody outside of Trumps cult wants any part of this crap and they aren't enough to flip congress if democrats just injected some more common sense into how they address the countries issues.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:51 AM   #3365
Flasch186
Coordinator

I think 'extreme' is an interesting word here. I haven't heard much extreme out of the current admin. I mean I was told that Biden would be out already and Pelosi and Harris would be running things at this point. Taxes would be at extreme highs, the borders would be wide open for invasion, our guns would be extracted from us, and we would be unable to pray... I haven't seen any of that. What have I heard that might be extreme? They want to tax corporations more (which I think with the ProPublica piece) it's hard to argue the fair share argument any more (unless of course...time), they want the world to have a taxation floor for corporations, they want easier access to voting but I mean shoot, there's is like 100 cases of voter fraud (mostly mistaken voters) nationally? If that's extreme I don't know what tame is.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:29 AM   #3366
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I realize that my perspective is skewed b/c I know a lot of non-MAGA conservatives. But I think that the better play for the establishment GOP (McConnell, McCarthy, Fox News, etc.) would have been to go hard anti-Trump starting on January 21st. Be open to prosecution for him and his kids, etc. Really just eliminate him and his toadies from the chess board.

There would have been a GOP civil war. But considering the speed of the news cycle, it would probably be mostly over by now. There would be some MAGA holdouts, of course. But most of them would have fallen in line by now. And all of those suburban conservatives would come back into the fold.

I think that, for a few months of pain, the GOP would be much better positioned for 2022 and 2024 (they could have still done all the voter suppression stuff in the states they controlled. They are using the Big Lie as an excuse, but it isn't like they needed an excuse).
Old 07-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #3367
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think that's probably right, albionmoonlight, but obviously personally risky for those who try to lead the charge away from the path of least resistance.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #3368
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I think that's probably right, albionmoonlight, but obviously personally risky for those who try to lead the charge away from the path of least resistance.

Oh yeah. This would have to be preceded by a super secret meeting with McConnell, McCarthy, Romney, Cheney, Fox News, etc. where they all agreed to do this. It would have had to been coordinated. And they would have had to pledge not to break ranks when the heat got turned up.

They just would have had such an advantage tactically over the MAGAs.

And, as a bonus, it probably ends with none of them ever having to be in the same room as Ted Cruz ever again.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #3369
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Several of them floated trial balloon statements attempting to head down the "F Trump, he's over" path shortly after January 6th - McConnell, McCarthy, Haley, among them - and it is abundantly clear that they felt the play was to back off that line and either talk around it (McConnell) or jump back into the fire (McCarthy).

It looks like they all took a tiny half step forward and when the rest of the line took a step back, they quickly took their places in line. Not really sure who is leading among the elected party officials if the leaders don't think they can get anyone to follow.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #3370
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I just think way too much of the party is too far gone. Maybe if they do get roasted in the next couple of elections? I just don't really have faith that is going to happen.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #3371
Ksyrup

It's not going to happen, because the Dems suck at politics and because too much of the country is too stuck on supporting one of the two parties no matter what.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #3372
PilotMan
Head Coach

R's calling their own party Neofascists still won't sway a lot of people, even with all the truth in it. There is and will be a solid 35-40% that can't see any other way forward than this one. We all studied the horror of McCarthyism and had the 'it'll never happen here' mindset when thinking about Nazi's, yet there is overwhelming evidence that the seeds are here and they are more than rotting in the soil. They have a foothold and are ready to come back just as hard as before.

Like Steam?

Old 07-07-2021, 06:51 AM   #3373
Flasch186
Coordinator

The movie US is real

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #3374
Atocep
Coordinator

Apparently this was being handed out at CPAC.

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #3375
JPhillips
General Manager

I just can't get over the fact that the whole plan hinges on the Black caucus flipping and supporting Trump.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:08 AM   #3376
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well until/if they reveal step 1 in their plan which depending on what it is no journalist/investigative reporter left or right has ever done, then I'd say their chances of winning me over are slim to none. I also think its funny that now that they are doing non-Constitional things to get Trump back in office then they want to do Constiutional things when Trump gets back in office by though non-Cost. ways.
Old 07-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #3377
Ksyrup

I prefer the Underpants Gnomes' plan.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #3378
JPhillips
General Manager

The GOP is pretty quickly becoming fully pro-insurrection now that Trump is leaning into it.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #3379
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

2nd biggest county in SC. The county GOP leadership resigned due to lawsuit and physical threats from the Tea Party/Q-Anon faction. And they just had a large Q convention this weekend.

The GOP is completely the Q party in the South and any idea that they could be anything else going forward is extremely naive.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:16 AM   #3380
Ksyrup

We are doomed.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #3381
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I just can't get over the fact that the whole plan hinges on the Black caucus flipping and supporting Trump.

That sounds eerily reminiscent of Charles Manson's blueprint for "Helter Skelter."
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #3382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Apparently Cyber Ninjas official address is a rented mailbox at a Sarasota UPS store. What a fucking farce.

Congress raises stakes with examination of Arizona's sham 'audit'
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #3383
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I went to the site and there is a bunch of stuff about satanic rituals and how Nancy Pelosi was working with Jim Jones to kill all those people at Jonestown. Very sane, normal people.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:52 PM   #3384
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Apparently Cyber Ninjas official address is a rented mailbox at a Sarasota UPS store. What a fucking farce.

Congress raises stakes with examination of Arizona's sham 'audit'

Republicans here tried to get a lawsuit, requesting information on cyberninjas audit process dismissed and thankfully a judge rejected their request.

I know a lot of republicans here and they are all good, decent people. How do the batshit crazy ones keep getting elected to office.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:32 PM   #3385
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
How do the batshit crazy ones keep getting elected to office.

TV ratings and social media ad clicks incentive the amplification of these individuals.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:28 AM   #3386
Ksyrup

People are living through their politicians who now say out loud the things they can't say directly to their neighbors, and are mean/spiteful/sarcastic about it, which amps up the entertainment value of it all. It's like a win-win-win for these people.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #3387
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I looked at that website, thinking it was to drive folks there to buy MAGA-type merchandise. Nope! It looks like it is a stream of consciousness from someone with severe mental illness.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #3388
Ksyrup

I feel like this is symptomatic of journalism these days. Is this particular description just rote clickbait or stupidity?

It's fine if you want to identify him in the article as "the man seen waving a large Trump 2020 flag on the Senate floor" as a lead-in to the article that explains what he actually pleaded guilty to. But tying the flag-waving to his plea is both inaccurate and downplays the severity of, you know, his actual crimes.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:37 AM   #3389
RainMaker
General Manager

The Judge and prosecutor also downplayed it as well. 8 months is a nice slap on the wrist and shows that terrorism is fine if you're white.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:58 PM   #3390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Somewhat predictable McCarthy wants to put Jim Jordan on the Jan 6th committee. I don't care if it looks bad, that needs to be a hell no from Pelosi.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #3391
PilotMan
Head Coach

agreed...gym can get bent.

Like Steam?

Old 07-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #3392
thesloppy
Pro Starter

A modern GOP parable from my weekend:

I was playing D&D this weekend and a homeless dude fell down outside our DMs house trying to rip down a Recall Ted Wheeler (Portland mayor) sign, yelling 'call 911! call 911!' from their driveway. Then while our DM is talking to him, trying to comfort him and calling him an ambulance the dude is calling him a communist because of the Bernie bumper sticker on the car he has collapsed next to.

An obviously destitute old white man complaining about communism in the middle of a physical & mental health breakdown while someone else calls social services for him: today's Republican base.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-20-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #3393
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

That's some interesting D&D game you have there. I'm guessing he rolled a critical failure when trying to rip down the sign?
Old 07-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #3394
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Old 07-20-2021, 05:09 PM   #3395
Atocep
Coordinator

Only the best people

Trump adviser Tom Barrack arrested on foreign-agent charges - POLITICO
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:13 PM   #3396
RainMaker
General Manager

Really depressing stuff.

I survived the Stoneman Douglas school shooting and my dad is suddenly convinced I'm a liar and part of a false-flag operation : QAnonCasualties
Old 07-20-2021, 10:32 PM   #3397
PilotMan
Head Coach

I usually read that subreddit every day. It's disturbing and fascinating from a human behavior perspective. It's also tragic, depressing and quite unbelievable. It's hard to imagine the things that these people are going through.

Like Steam?

Old 07-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #3398
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Somewhat predictable McCarthy wants to put Jim Jordan on the Jan 6th committee. I don't care if it looks bad, that needs to be a hell no from Pelosi.

She rejected him and another member.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #3399
bronconick
College Starter

Jim Banks of Indiana
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #3400
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol. Being reported McCarthy pulled all his nominations for the committee. What a bitch.