Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2021, 04:09 PM   #3001
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:50 PM   #3002
BYU 14
Coordinator

and technically a 17 year old would have been in 5th grade in 2014, just saying.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:01 PM   #3003
JediKooter
Coordinator

He what now?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #3004
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Gaetz showed nude photos of women he said he'd slept with to lawmakers, sources tell CNN

I really didn't know that this could be a headline.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #3005
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

The Gaetz shit keeps getting worse by the hour it seems. It looks like him and his buddy were using state databases and discarded drivers licenses to facilitate their sugar daddy relationships where he'd meet women in hotel rooms, take ecstacy, and pay them for sex.

His communications director resigned today.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #3006
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Gaetz looks like a punk.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:56 PM   #3007
RainMaker
General Manager

The stuff with him and younger girls has been an open secret for awhile. He was flying teenagers out and taking them to public events.

I've mentioned it before but he's a rich kid who Daddy gave everything in his life to. Got him out of a DUI, got him elected, and has covered for him. He's the stereotypical trust fund baby who thinks he is above the law (and probably is).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #3008
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Gaetz is a punk.

Fixed it for you, he is the prototype of a rich, privileged brat who has used his "power card" to get away with shit his entire life.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #3009
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

With today's GOP, I don't know if they would demand Gaetz resignation if the allegations are true or if they would encourage him to run as Donald's VP in '24
Old 04-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #3010
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
With today's GOP, I don't know if they would demand Gaetz resignation if the allegations are true or if they would encourage him to run as Donald's VP in '24

There's absolutely no better example of what the GOP has become than this. The party that's been pushing the child trafficking and corruption issue is showing that it clearly had nothing to do with child trafficking and corruption and everything to do with trying to smear political opponents with one of the worst things you can associate a person with.

This has been met with either crickets from GOP supporters, "innocent until proven guilty", or it's more proof the FBI is corrupt and Washington is afraid of Gaetz and other Trump supporters fighting corruption.

For the record, I have no problem with innocent until proven guilty at all. But if that's your stance you should be consistent with it and not calling for Cuomo and other Dems in scandals to resign before things play out.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #3011
JPhillips
General Manager

Uhhh...

Old 04-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #3012
Ksyrup

I mean, you can't just rely on the dopes willingly giving you money on the regular, you know. You have to supplement that with auto-deduct. Besides, it's their fault for not reading the fine print.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #3013
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Uhhh...

A lot of non-profits, even just charities, do this - set the default donation to recurring. It's pretty scummy, but but it's kind of an accepted practices in the field. A lot of blogs for people running nonprofits tell you to have recurring as the default to "signal that sustained support is your priority".

If you go to say, Planned Parenthood right now, the default donation is "monthly" rather than "one time"
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:14 PM   #3014
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I’ve set up dozens of donation pages, and probably reviewed hundreds. Yes, defaulting to a monthly recurring gift is considered by many to be best practice in that arena, but it’s obvious that it’s recurring. (You pick a day of each month that you want your gift to be processed, etc.) I wouldn’t be surprised if Team Trump had it set up so it wasn’t clear. That said, I also wouldn’t be shocked if it was an oversight on the donor’s part. (Seems that if it were carefully hidden, we’d be hearing lots of these stories, no?)

But to be clear, I’ve neither seen nor heard of anyone defaulting to weekly. Apart from payroll deductions (and fewer and fewer folks are paid weekly,) and church collection plates, weekly givers are extremely rare. Monthly is the standard.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-03-2021 at 07:17 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #3015
molson
General Manager

I missed the default to weekly, ya, that's much worse. Not even a chance to catch it it on a monthly statement if that's how you review things. (I've definitely paid an extra month here and there missing the default checkbox, but, that's just one extra payment.)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #3016
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:47 PM   #3017
JPhillips
General Manager

At its peak, the Trump campaign accounted for 1-3% of all credit card fraud claims in the US!

Last edited by JPhillips : 04-04-2021 at 09:47 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:29 PM   #3018
21C
College Prospect

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:11 PM   #3019
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post

Apparently a lot of the "stop the steal" fundraising was being used to pay for the refunds.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #3020
pantera
n00b

Easter greetings from Obama, Trump & Biden. Yes, these are real.

Our Presidents would like to wish you a Happy Easter.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #3021
Ksyrup

Assuming things continue down the path they appear to be, hopefully this will become reality.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-05-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #3022
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Assuming things continue down the path they appear to be, hopefully this will become reality.

10 years ago? Sure.

But Trump has taught the lesson to always double down. Then double again. Never quit. Never admit wrongdoing. And it worked.

The GOP won't push Gaetz out.
GOP media will rally behind him.
His voters won't punish him.
He'll just keep playing the victim card.

Shaming people into action only works if those people have shame.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #3023
Ksyrup

If criminal charges happen, that short-circuits any "business as usual" path. Of course, that pre-supposes he would plead or be found guilty. At worst, it would delay his ascension through the political process, or sidetrack him to media talking head (which is sounds like he is already contemplating).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-05-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:20 AM   #3024
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
10 years ago? Sure.

But Trump has taught the lesson to always double down. Then double again. Never quit. Never admit wrongdoing. And it worked.

GOP media will rally behind him.
His voters won't punish him.
He'll just keep playing the victim card.

Shaming people into action only works if those people have shame.

i fear this is true.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #3025
JPhillips
General Manager

I think the difference is that Gaetz has tried to implicate people like Tucker Carlson. Plenty of people will cut Gaetz loose if they think he's trying to use them to save his own ass.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:30 AM   #3026
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
10 years ago? Sure.

WAIT!!!! So jbmagic was RIGHT?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #3027
pantera
n00b

Quote:
I understand your general point and mostly agree with it. But it might be different in this case. From what I'm reading, a lot of his GOP peers hate his guts and will be happy to see Gaetz hang.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #3028
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So someone from the Trump administration is finally being held accountable for their illegal and unethical conduct.

Who, you might ask?

Some African American woman that you've never heard of: Ex-Trump official penalized for violating Hatch Act | TheHill

Not a big surprise that the Trump admin didn't lift any fingers to help her out there.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:45 PM   #3029
PilotMan
Head Coach

Reports that Gaetz wanted a preemptive, blanket pardon before trump left.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #3030
BYU 14
Coordinator

Not exactly a ringing declaration of innocence.

Quote:
In a Washington Examiner op-ed Monday, Gaetz tacitly acknowledged that he “paid for an adult girlfriend’s expenses” on occasion and wrote that “there are exactly zero credible (or even non-credible) accusers willing to come forward by name and state on the public record that I behaved improperly toward them.”
Old 04-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #3031
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Not exactly a ringing declaration of innocence.

Until and if and when he's arrested and they are all named.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #3032
Ksyrup

Is there some reason one would need to "tacitly acknowledge" being in a normal, legal relationship?

I'll come right out and say it - when I was 22, I paid for my 22-year old GF's dinner on occasion, and we even went on a day cruise to the Bahamas that I paid for. I'll even tell you her name if you really want!
Old 04-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #3033
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is there some reason one would need to "tacitly acknowledge" being in a normal, legal relationship?

I'll come right out and say it - when I was 22, I paid for my 22-year old GF's dinner on occasion, and we even went on a day cruise to the Bahamas that I paid for. I'll even tell you her name if you really want!

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there are few girls from my past that I am only tacitly willing to acknowledge.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:59 AM   #3034
Ksyrup

If you were facing federal charges for interstate sex trafficking, you'd probably be falling over yourself to introduce everyone to 24 year old Cinnamon.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-08-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #3035
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there are few girls from my past that I am only tacitly willing to acknowledge.

Ditto, but I would venture a guess that they were all legal age.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #3036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wonder when we will hear the “she told me she was 18 “ excuse.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #3037
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wonder when we will hear the “she told me she was 18 “ excuse.
"She told me she was 18. Look at how she was dressed. She was already drunk when I picked her up. She was asking for it."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #3038
pantera
n00b

So a few days ago Trump told everyone to boycott Coca-Cola re: the voting rights issue.

Guess what was just photographed on his desk.

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1379175013362860042
Old 04-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #3039
Danny
Head Coach

My town major is disgusting now too. Article released this morning https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects...t-allegations/
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #3040
BYU 14
Coordinator

It's almost like Gaetz was the inspiration for the guy that answers the door at 1:01 The Equalizer 2 Apartment Fight Scene - YouTube

Where is Denzel when you need him
Old 04-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #3041
JPhillips
General Manager

Tucker Carlson specifically endorsed white replacement theory last night. Charlottesville is becoming mainstream GOP ideology.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:11 AM   #3042
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, I'm gonna die sometime within the next 50 years (far-end estimate). Someone's gonna replace me on this planet. I don't know that I'll really care who, at that point.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:02 PM   #3043
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

FINALLY! Fox News is being investigated!

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Investigates Fox News for Not Having Him as Guest
Old 04-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #3044
JPhillips
General Manager

Michael Gerson explains the problem with Tucker Carlson's replacement theory rant.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:07 AM   #3045
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

lol John Boehner admits he voted for Trump in 2020.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #3046
Ksyrup

And the little I heard of an interview yesterday, he also sidestepped whether he would support/vote for him in 2024.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:58 AM   #3047
BYU 14
Coordinator

How has his act not worn thin on some of these people yet? Everyone knows who and what he is and still they kiss the ring. The only hope is that the general public who support him eventually move on so the GOP can stop pandering to him. Hopefully 3= years to the next election is enough for that to occur.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #3048
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
How has his act not worn thin on some of these people yet? Everyone knows who and what he is and still they kiss the ring. The only hope is that the general public who support him eventually move on so the GOP can stop pandering to him. Hopefully 3= years to the next election is enough for that to occur.

Based on the age bracket of his supporters you got to figure a significant number will move on naturally.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:07 AM   #3049
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Based on the age bracket of his supporters you got to figure a significant number will move on naturally.

Plus I would imagine be replaced by people turning old enough to vote who are dems. There is also the exodus of people leaving blue areas to live in less expensive red areas. the republican party is dead, it just doesn't know it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #3050
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Plus I would imagine be replaced by people turning old enough to vote who are dems. There is also the exodus of people leaving blue areas to live in less expensive red areas. the republican party is dead, it just doesn't know it.

This is the hope i have, so that we get a shift to more moderate and more importantly sane people in the party.