Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #3651
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I saw something about his wife illegally voting in the GA election from Texas because that's where they claim their homestead exemption? I don't know what came of it or if there's anything to it but that's funny.
There's an official investigation, but nothing is likely to come of it. They do own property in Georgia, and in the past things like this have not led to charges.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #3652
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There's an official investigation, but nothing is likely to come of it. They do own property in Georgia, and in the past things like this have not led to charges.

Not if you're rich.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #3653
RainMaker
General Manager

Yup, and if you vote Republican helps too.

Texas upholds sentence for woman who didn’t know she was ineligible to vote | Texas | The Guardian
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #3654
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Hershel Walker is running for senate as Trump's hand picked candidate in Georgia, and I am now going to put my head through a brick wall.

Tommy Tubberville has turned out so well!!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #3655
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Is it possible to trade a senator to Minnesota?
Old 08-24-2021, 09:36 PM   #3656
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Is it possible to trade a senator to Minnesota?

I don't think Minnesota would give that much up a second time.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:07 AM   #3657
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"Skip, I'm telling you, Georgia got FLEECED! Minnesota gets Hershel Walker. HERSHEL WALKER! He's a top-5 Senator. That's a FACT. You can WIN CONGRESS with him. What did Georgia get? A bunch of young state reps and some mayors and an Attorney General? Really? For HERSHEL WALKER??!!"
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:09 AM   #3658
GrantDawg

Old 08-26-2021, 06:15 AM   #3659
GrantDawg

I was thinking the same thing when it was announced, but then I do really wonder. Conventional wisdom says Walker won't win the general election, but conventional wisdom has been thrown out the window since Trump. Attacks on Walker could backfire into all attention going his way, and the people feeling like he is being targeted. I already worried that the mid-terms were probably be more GOP leaning than the general. Having Walker on the ballot might be a even bigger Republican motivator.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:50 AM   #3660
JPhillips
General Manager

Walker is just about the bet opposition for Warnock, though.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #3661
RainMaker
General Manager

They'll just make it take 10 hours to vote in Atlanta instead of 8.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:06 PM   #3662
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Walker is just about the bet opposition for Warnock, though.
Not really. Walker has not done much for the urban Atlanta voter. And his very Trumpy opinions are death in the suburbs. I think Gary Black would have beat Warnock. Walker still might, but he actually makes it a closer race.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:37 PM   #3663
JPhillips
General Manager

Sorry, I meant he's best for Warnock. A more conventional GOPer I think is a much tougher fight.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #3664
GrantDawg

Gotcha. Yes, he is. Well, a lesser know white guy that had pictures with Klansmen would probably be the best, but Walker is up there.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2021, 06:23 PM   #3665
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think people are downplaying Warnock's chances a bit too much. I mean Stacey Abrams is going to be on the top of the ballot which is going to massively increase turnout, even with GOP fuckery.

(And the GOP top of ticket is going to controversial regardless if it's Kemp or someone else)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-26-2021 at 06:23 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:27 AM   #3666
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My FIL is a lifelong republican, card carrying NRA member, voted Trump in 2016 and supported him through majority of his term, told us yesterday his biggest fear is Trump getting the nomination in 2024 because there is no way he could ever vote him again. The election fraud drove it home for him and 1/6 really piled it on. He still is very anti dem, a lot of which is driven by years of Fox news, and will never vote that way, so it leaves him on an island.

I wonder if there is a growing number like that since the events of 1/6.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #3667
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My FIL is a lifelong republican, card carrying NRA member, voted Trump in 2016 and supported him through majority of his term, told us yesterday his biggest fear is Trump getting the nomination in 2024 because there is no way he could ever vote him again. The election fraud drove it home for him and 1/6 really piled it on. He still is very anti dem, a lot of which is driven by years of Fox news, and will never vote that way, so it leaves him on an island.

I wonder if there is a growing number like that since the events of 1/6.
There is a number. It is still the minority of the Republican party, but it is there.

Correction: Minority of those VOTING Republican. I really think most of the Trump vote couldn't care less about the GOP in general.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-27-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #3668
Flasch186
Coordinator

...couldnt

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:01 PM   #3669
GrantDawg

...corrected.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #3670
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Of course they couldn’t. It’s all about owning the mind. That’s where my FIL and likely others get off the train.
Old 08-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #3671
Atocep
Coordinator

With Ida set to reach land this morning I remembered Dorian and it feels like it's been 15 years and approximately 5 million scandals since sharpiegate.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:31 AM   #3672
Thomkal
Head Coach

So a woman in W. Va reached a plea deal with the federal govt and was charged on one count of knowingly entering and remaining in a restricted building and grounds. She could get up to a year in jail for it and the judge would like for her to physically appear in court for her sentencing. Of course MAGA to the core though-she has not taken the COVID vaccine or her family and they are unlikely to before she gets her sentence:

West Virginia woman pleads guilty to January 6 riot charge
Old 08-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #3673
RainMaker
General Manager

Another slap on the wrist. Give her a gift bag when this is over.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #3674
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Is it too much to ask that some of these people actually end up in real jail for a real amount of time?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:50 PM   #3675
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Would be nice, but the combination of relatively minor offenses they've been charged with plus lack of prior history mitigates against it. In many cases, these people have respectable jobs/businesses and no criminal history.

Criminal law is far from my practice area, but the one time I was close to it was a case I handled while at the Florida DOI involving insurance agents who were charged with financial crimes. In nearly every case, they all got off light except the "ringleader" who they managed to do a plea deal with for a year of jail time. I don't recall anyone else getting anything but probation and fines.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:55 PM   #3676
Ksyrup

Perhaps all of that will be offset by the liability many of them are represented by...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #3677
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Is it too much to ask that some of these people actually end up in real jail for a real amount of time?

SI

I mean...it's not like anyone actually di.........

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #3678
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Would be nice, but the combination of relatively minor offenses they've been charged with plus lack of prior history mitigates against it. In many cases, these people have respectable jobs/businesses and no criminal history.

Criminal law is far from my practice area, but the one time I was close to it was a case I handled while at the Florida DOI involving insurance agents who were charged with financial crimes. In nearly every case, they all got off light except the "ringleader" who they managed to do a plea deal with for a year of jail time. I don't recall anyone else getting anything but probation and fines.

That was the choice of our DOJ.

If the people who did this were black or Muslim, every single person who helped Ashli Babbitt get through that window would be charged with felony murder. Everyone who entered the building would be facing felony charges and those who were caught committing violent acts would be facing decades in prison.

We don't have to guess about this either. People who protested near Trump's inauguration faced 65 years in prison. This was largely over property damage that many of the defendants had nothing to do with.
Bill Barr talked about how people crossing state lines to cause trouble would face federal charges based on the Anti-Riot Act of 1968 just a year ago (something I don't think any of the defendants have been charged with). Even Judges in these cases are asking prosecutors why they are going so light (which is not something you see every day from Federal judges).

And this doesn't even touch on the fact that most of these people wouldn't have been charged if it weren't for citizen sleuths finding out who they are and creating some viral notoriety. Feds were perfectly content with letting most of the people go.

We can do the math and figure out why such a historic violent event resulted in some petty charges while protestors that fall into other demographics have the book thrown at them.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:19 PM   #3679
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is weird but if I had nothing to hide I wouldn't completely freak out about my phone records being obtained...
Old 09-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #3680
RainMaker
General Manager

McCarthy goes on TV to hold a press conference where he commits obstruction of justice on camera.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:29 AM   #3681
RainMaker
General Manager

Law and order party really fucking quiet about crimes lately.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #3682
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Between that and the goofy Mullin story... sigh.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/polit...tan/index.html

I mean, like, look, we know most politicians are corrupt. But this is like one or more standard deviations worse than normal. Again, if you're not punished at the polls, why not, I guess?

SI

Old 09-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #3683
RainMaker
General Manager

These fucking weirdos want to play Rambo so bad but were too pussy to enlist.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #3684
Ksyrup

Markwayne JohnPaul Mullet. That might be the perfect name for a GOP Congressman in 2021. He should totally go for it.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #3685
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Between that and the goofy Mullin story... sigh.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/polit...tan/index.html

I mean, like, look, we know most politicians are corrupt. But this is like one or more standard deviations worse than normal. Again, if you're not punished at the polls, why not, I guess?

SI

He went full Karen

"Mullin was outraged by the response, the officials said — threatening U.S. ambassador John Mark Pommersheim and embassy staff and demanding to know the name of staff members he was speaking with."

Like Steam?

Old 09-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #3686
RainMaker
General Manager

"I need to speak to your manager"
Old 09-01-2021, 06:09 PM   #3687
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It is weird but if I had nothing to hide I wouldn't completely freak out about my phone records being obtained...

The thing that makes the phone records hard for the GOP is that the media treats private stuff as more important because it feels like they had to investigate to get it.

If Biden were to give a speech where he said that he thought that puppies weren't cute, the reaction would be "Wow! Bold stance by the President. How will the GOP react?"

But if Biden sent a private text saying that he thought puppies weren't cute and the media got it? It would be Puppy-Gate and he'd have to apologize.

I don't think that there will be anything on these phone records that's any worse that what they've been saying in speeches for months. But because it is a "secret" record, the media storm will be worse.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:58 AM   #3688
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The thing that makes the phone records hard for the GOP is that the media treats private stuff as more important because it feels like they had to investigate to get it.

If Biden were to give a speech where he said that he thought that puppies weren't cute, the reaction would be "Wow! Bold stance by the President. How will the GOP react?"

But if Biden sent a private text saying that he thought puppies weren't cute and the media got it? It would be Puppy-Gate and he'd have to apologize.

I don't think that there will be anything on these phone records that's any worse that what they've been saying in speeches for months. But because it is a "secret" record, the media storm will be worse.
True enough. I think there will at least be a couple of "family values congressman talks to his dominatrix 10 times a day" stories as well. I can think of some non-January 6th reasons for not wanting phone records to get out.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:02 AM   #3689
PilotMan
Head Coach

It was only a year ago:

Trump encouraged people to vote twice in November, mailing in an absentee ballot, then voting in person on Election Day. “Let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system’s as good as they say it is, then obviously they won’t be able to vote,” he said.

and

Trump signed a memo listing Democrat-led cities that should have their federal funding cut — for being “anarchist
jurisdictions.”

Only a year......

Like Steam?

Old 09-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #3690
RainMaker
General Manager

The QAnon Shaman apparently has a deal in place and will plead guilty tomorrow. Sounds like time served unless a Judge says differently.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:53 PM   #3691
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The QAnon Shaman apparently has a deal in place and will plead guilty tomorrow. Sounds like time served unless a Judge says differently.

What an absolute fucking farce.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:52 PM   #3692
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Just awful

SI

Old 09-03-2021, 01:34 PM   #3693
RainMaker
General Manager

4 years and a $1.5 million fine.

Apologetic Betts gets four years in federal prison for inciting riot at Market Place Mall | Courts-police-fire | news-gazette.com
Old 09-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #3694
Flasch186
Coordinator

SMH

I'm not opposed to the punishment BUT I'd like to see some correlation between people who commit similar crimes

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #3695
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Gee, I wonder what the difference between these two sets of defendants is? /s

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-03-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #3696
Flasch186
Coordinator

I'm not sure... It's so hard to discern. Maybe location in the country? Who rioted where? I'm strugglin'

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #3697
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

The stuff I'm reading says he'll get 3-4 years in jail with credit for time served plus a fine.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:47 AM   #3698
GrantDawg

Yup, he is still not being released and is probably getting 3-4 years. There was big jump to conclusion somewhere. It looks like there is a large section of the January 6th people who are getting something in that same ballpark, while those who assaulted police officers are looking at much worse.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-04-2021 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #3699
JPhillips
General Manager

SOmebody is running out of money.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #3700
molson
General Manager

Triller is going to book a Trump v. Giuliani boxing match.

Florida would sanction it
molson is offline   Reply With Quote