Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #1351
Danny
Head Coach

Overall, I'd place the odds about 50/50 on Abe being Batman or being a mobster with a night ability he wants to make sure he is able to use before being killed.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #1352
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'll tell you what. Unvote me for today and I'll tell you all about my votes after the deadline.

Originally Posted by Lathum
Honestly I have been so busy it is hard to keep up. I pretty much have no clue what is going on.

As promised

this is all we get and you are actually complaining about abe? of course in your position what else are you going to do... claim you are police commissioner? lol

if the Joker doesn't disappear tonight then Abe goes tomorrow but with your "enlightening" response above i think the no brainer decision for today is for you to go.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #1353
Danny
Head Coach

Would Lathum really play this way as a wolf though. I'd have to think he would have more for us and be more involved. Maybe not though
Old 06-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #1354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm not really getting your last post Chubby, it validates what I have been saying.

I never claimed I was going to make any kind of reveal. I said unvote me and I'll explain why I was voting the way I did. I delivered on that promise.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #1355
mckerney
Coordinator

Text Kill Lathum
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #1356
Danny
Head Coach

Mckerney format is different for this one. I dont vote, but I'd vote Lathum if I could just to see what Abe has planned
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #1357
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Overall, I'd place the odds about 50/50 on Abe being Batman or being a mobster with a night ability he wants to make sure he is able to use before being killed.

If Abe = Batman we certainly don't want to lynch him tomorrow.

If Abe = mobster with night kill ability we could lynch him but still don't have any answers for you that don't put Batman at risk. I don't think we're well served having you dictating kills (this is debatable) or accelerating the rate of kills in the long run. The latter reduces the amount of time our roled participants have to come up with information identifying the mobsters.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #1358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I gotta be honest, while the Joker roll is cool, I think it is pretty over powered.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #1359
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I gotta be honest, while the Joker roll is cool, I think it is pretty over powered.

But it's not really beneficial to one side over the other.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #1360
Danny
Head Coach

And according to Abe he can take me out anyway, so we shall see.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #1361
Danny
Head Coach

And it's too late now, but if I wasn't lynched, I would have been powerless.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #1362
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But it's not really beneficial to one side over the other.

I get that, but giving one player the power to narrow down who will be killed takes away a large aspect of the game. The point of werewolf is the collective group decides who will be lynched. A one time mechanic I understand, but IMO it is basically like you are playing a game with the rest of us as extras.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #1363
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey Abe,

How do you feel about us doing the all-Batman reveal and lynching Joker on Monday?

Hey Lathum,

Abe is clearly hinting he is a roled citizen. Would you like to make a claim about your role?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #1364
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I get that, but giving one player the power to narrow down who will be killed takes away a large aspect of the game. The point of werewolf is the collective group decides who will be lynched. A one time mechanic I understand, but IMO it is basically like you are playing a game with the rest of us as extras.

Well Batman has decided to hide like a coward this whole time. This could have been over long ago.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #1365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Hey Lathum,

Abe is clearly hinting he is a roled citizen. Would you like to make a claim about your role?

I never said I had a role
Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1366
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I never said I had a role

You've never said much of anything this game. Being the subject of the Joker's game might make you want to make a claim, and I'd rather not wait till an hour before deadline to get a claim from you. So was just making sure nothing had changed there.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #1367
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You've never said much of anything this game. Being the subject of the Joker's game might make you want to make a claim, and I'd rather not wait till an hour before deadline to get a claim from you. So was just making sure nothing had changed there.

Interesting you are trying to get me to reveal some info that I may not need to or want to reveal.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #1368
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Well Batman has decided to hide like a coward this whole time. This could have been over long ago.

I told you I was Batman, I haven't been hiding.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #1369
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I told you I was Batman, I haven't been hiding.

Well then

Vote Danny
Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #1370
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Interesting you are trying to get me to reveal some info that I may not need to or want to reveal.

Lathum,

I am doing nothing of the sort. The Joker mechanic has put you and Abe potentially on the chopping block. As a citizen of Gotham, I and the others need all the information we can get on both of you so we don't pick the wrong person. J23 came forward when he was the subject of the Joker's game and said over and over he was a normal citizen of Gotham. If you are one as well, I see no reason why you would not say so early.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #1371
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Abe,

How do you feel about us doing the all-Batman reveal and lynching Joker on Monday?

Hey Lathum,

I still think that's stupid, I can take him out at night, why vote him today? He's still immune, that's just wasted vote.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #1372
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I meant to put a smily after the stupid comment to show I wasnt irritaed or anything, but forgot it, sorrys

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #1373
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of Abe's reveal yet. Sooo glad i have the whole weekend to ponder it. We can't afford another bad decision

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #1374
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is there a vote tonight?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #1375
Danny
Head Coach

No next deadline is monday
Old 06-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1376
Danny
Head Coach

but there is a lynch along with the joker kill
Old 06-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #1377
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I think I figured it out! Danny is the joker! Game over I ruined it for everyone.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #1378
Danny
Head Coach

Wow I had no idea, you just spoiled the game for me
Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #1379
Zinto
College Starter

I am not super excited about today since our room for error is not that great. I am not sure what to make of Abe's reveal since the only role he could have is Batman(or that is what I am assuming) to be able to take out the Joker.

I almost think it would be in our best interest to play Joker's game and then vote no lynch because losing three villagers again will make it close to impossible to win.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #1380
Danny
Head Coach

Not really, right now it's probably either 11-3-1 or 10-4-1 so even with three villager kills, you're looking at 8-3-1 or 7-4-1
Old 06-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #1381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well. I've been dwelling on this since Friday and unfortunantly I know how this goes. Mob mentality will take over and decide to give Abe one more day to prove his claim, so I suppose I need to come out.

I am Lt Gordon, basically I am a bodyguard. I have three officers on my squad and they protect the target I choose on a rotating basis. The catch is, if one of the officers has been corrupted the target will be killed. I have no knowledge of who the officers actually are, and actually the officers don't even know they are officers.

N1 I guarded NTN Deacon since he had taken some heat early, I thought he would be a good target for a set up kill. N2 I guarded myself, N3 I guarded Hoops since he is a good villager and night kill target.

That is my role and info, it is up to you guys to decide if you want to believe me or take a gamble with Abe.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #1382
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thank you Lathum for giving us a role claim. That means, unless there's another unknown role out there, Abe has to be either Dawes or Batman I believe. I will believe your claim unless someone else comes out claiming the same thing of course. That kinda sucks that you don't even know your own officers.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #1383
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I still think that's stupid, I can take him out at night, why vote him today? He's still immune, that's just wasted vote.

No offense taken at the comment Abe. Why vote him today? Because several of us (or at least I did) believed his claim that he had a power that would help the ciitzens of Gotham if he was lynched. You are basically asking us to do the same here. Believe that you have an unknown power that will take out Joker. What's that saying? Fool me once...

voting to lynch him right now is the only sure bit of knowledge we citizens have-as the mod said the Joker becomes lynchable if the Batman reveals. So unless I get more information from you Abe, I think the best way to play this is to do just that-all reveal as Batman and vote Danny.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #1384
hoopsguy
General Manager

My worry on this is that only Batman is going to have (near?) complete information on what the risks/rewards are with his reveal. From a comic-book perspective, it probably isn't a good thing for him to reveal his secret identity.

I just don't know what value Batman has in this game - we have yet to see anything in the game indicating that Batman is actively helping us while we continue to see the Joker publicly dictating the flow of the game. I'm sure it is a powerful role, so I've tried to take the stance that Batman will make good decisions about his role and not try to force his hand. This is in contrast to something like a seer role, where I understand what it does and don't think there is much harm in suggesting "Scan player x".

Bottom line - I think it is easy for us to tell Batman what to do, but we're making assumptions when we take that path. Assumptions that Batman may know are not optimal play.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #1385
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I believe Lathum's reveal - it is entirely consistent with how I see the role description in the rules and it gives us some insight into how corruption might work. The only part that has me a little twitchy is the three officers, when we haven't seen any officers dead up to this point.

Figure we have the following left in the game:
3 officers
3-4 mobsters
Batman
Joker
Gordon

That's 9-10 of the remaining players, and that still leaves Dawes, Judge, and the Commish. Assuming all those roles are left in the game, that doesn't leave a lot of room for regular citizens at this point considering that we've seen 4 citizens (one corrupted) go down already.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #1386
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, the officers don't even know they are officers, so I'm not sure we would be told upon death they were officers.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #1387
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm wondering if today is the day we go with no kill to test the morality issue
Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #1388
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm wondering if today is the day we go with no kill to test the morality issue

Wow, you really are not paying attention to the game
Old 06-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #1389
Danny
Head Coach

Lathum, you guys tested that yesterday, it didn't work. Further, no kill isn't even an option today really as if you go that route, you'll both be killed. So yes, I say you guys go no kill
Old 06-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #1390
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not super excited about today since our room for error is not that great. I am not sure what to make of Abe's reveal since the only role he could have is Batman(or that is what I am assuming) to be able to take out the Joker.

I almost think it would be in our best interest to play Joker's game and then vote no lynch because losing three villagers again will make it close to impossible to win.

Abe is either Batman or a mobster. Probably a mobster with a convert ability, but could be batman.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #1391
Danny
Head Coach

I'm pretty happy with my choices for today's contestants. We have someone claiming to be batman and them being able to take me out and we have someone claiming to be the BG. Oh what fun we'll have.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #1392
Danny
Head Coach

Any chance there is a wolf like seer ability and Abe knew Lathum was the BG and would have to try something early to have a chance at survival? Or was he really just excited and made a bad decision with his cryptic reveal?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #1393
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, you guys tested that yesterday, it didn't work. Further, no kill isn't even an option today really as if you go that route, you'll both be killed. So yes, I say you guys go no kill

In that case I say we kill Abe
Old 06-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #1394
Danny
Head Coach

What I still don't get is why Abe pleaded to not vote him today. If he is Batman, I can't kill him anyway.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #1395
Zinto
College Starter

It looks like Abe is the choice today in Joker's game unless he comes out with something more concrete so that we can weigh the pros and cons of lynching him or Lathum.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #1396
Danny
Head Coach

I think the real lesson here is you guys should have killed J23 yesterday
Old 06-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #1397
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For what it is worth, I believe Lathum's reveal - it is entirely consistent with how I see the role description in the rules and it gives us some insight into how corruption might work. The only part that has me a little twitchy is the three officers, when we haven't seen any officers dead up to this point.

Figure we have the following left in the game:
3 officers
3-4 mobsters
Batman
Joker
Gordon

That's 9-10 of the remaining players, and that still leaves Dawes, Judge, and the Commish. Assuming all those roles are left in the game, that doesn't leave a lot of room for regular citizens at this point considering that we've seen 4 citizens (one corrupted) go down already.

More then likely the Judge, the officers, and the commish all got the same vanilla role PM. Autumn said that the unnamed roles would not get a different one and the people who had those roles would not know if they did or not.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #1398
Danny
Head Coach

I take that back, the main thing we have learned is that Batman is a coward
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #1399
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

voting to lynch him right now is the only sure bit of knowledge we citizens have-as the mod said the Joker becomes lynchable if the Batman reveals. So unless I get more information from you Abe, I think the best way to play this is to do just that-all reveal as Batman and vote Danny.

I am also not on board with the all reveal as Batman plan. I think Autumn will probably make a post the same way as he did for the Joker saying "Johny is Batman". When Batman feels that he should come out then he should choose to.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #1400
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

So let's say I believe both Abe and Lathum (as Abe is representing Batman), wouldn't the choice still be Lathum to die?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote