Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #301
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
How did GW end up an f'in 9 seed anyways??? They lost 2 god-damn regular season games and were ranked in the Top 10 for most of the year!!

And yet they are barely beating NC Willmington
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #302
wade moore
lolzcat

Goldsberry is THE MAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #303
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
How did GW end up an f'in 9 seed anyways??? They lost 2 god-damn regular season games and were ranked in the Top 10 for most of the year!!

Maybe because their OOC schedule was in the 300's (I want to say 327, but I'm not sure) and they play in a crap conference yet lost in the first round of their conference tourney?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #304
Easy Mac

his bank shot earlier was sick. this kid should handle the point in the nba.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #305
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
And yet they are barely beating NC Willmington

Does not mean it was absolutely ridiculous they were an 8 seed.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #306
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What the hell was with the TV coverage this afternoon? Not only did I have to watch the entire UF game, which was a blowout with 10 minutes left and ended up a 26 point margin, but then they went immediately to the local news instead of covering the last 50 seconds of a 1-point Alabama/Marquette game. And right now, LSU is easily beating Iona, yet we're not being switched to the GW/ UNC-Wilm game. Is this CBS' attempt to force us to buy the pay-per-view package? This is fucking pissing me off.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #307
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Maybe because their OOC schedule was in the 300's (I want to say 327, but I'm not sure) and they play in a crap conference yet lost in the first round of their conference tourney?

They were ranked in the preseason. They were a dominant team against almost everybody they played (however weak) during the regular season. College basketball coaches and analysts saw it fit to continually rate them in the Top 10 in the country throughout the season.

They deserved more.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #308
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
They were ranked in the preseason. They were a dominant team against almost everybody they played (however weak) during the regular season. College basketball coaches and analysts saw it fit to continually rate them in the Top 10 in the country throughout the season.

They deserved more.

Meh, whatever, if they could have done something in their conference tourney we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or if they scheduled ANYBODY DECENT in their OOC.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #309
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
What the hell was with the TV coverage this afternoon? Not only did I have to watch the entire UF game, which was a blowout with 10 minutes left and ended up a 26 point margin, but then they went immediately to the local news instead of covering the last 50 seconds of a 1-point Alabama/Marquette game. And right now, LSU is easily beating Iona, yet we're not being switched to the GW/ UNC-Wilm game. Is this CBS' attempt to force us to buy the pay-per-view package? This is fucking pissing me off.

They've been pretty good here about turning away from games that are not competitive, particularly when another game is very competitive and down to the last minutes like the Dub's game is.

Oh and... GO DUB!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #310
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
his bank shot earlier was sick. this kid should handle the point in the nba.

I've watched him play for 4 years at least once a season (a few more than that cause of seeing him at the CAA tourney or if W&M and the Dub are rarely televised)... he is quite good..

That being said, if his predecessor Brett Blizzard didn't go in the NBA, he won't... Blizzard was amazing and single handedly won a first round NCAA game a few years ago.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #311
wade moore
lolzcat

what a LAME foul call.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #312
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow, OT.. .but the Dub doesn't have Henley which could hurt.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #313
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Wow. Way too early for a shot there.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #314
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What the hell was with the TV coverage this afternoon? Not only did I have to watch the entire UF game, which was a blowout with 10 minutes left and ended up a 26 point margin,

I believe I see the answer to this part of your question.

Ksyrup
Tallahassee

The other part, I think is some sort of contractual thing, where you can get extra coverage of games [i]before your 2nd game of the day is complete but not after your 2nd game is complete.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #315
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Wowie, that was a fun final 15 seconds of regulation for UNC-W & GW.

Ugh, Carter did not have to force that wild shot....

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #316
wade moore
lolzcat

yay, time stamp bug!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wowie, that was a fun final 15 seconds of regulation for UNC-W & GW.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #318
miami_fan
Coordinator

Another overtime game
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #319
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Meh, whatever, if they could have done something in their conference tourney we wouldn't be having this conversation.

BS on this. They lost to a decent NC State team on the road (I was mistaken - they lost just one regular season game).

They beat a ranked Maryland team. The rest of their schedule wasn't great. But in their defense they really did just run wild over their conference opponents who had a very surprising down year. Other than a 3-game run near the end of the season, they scored 75+ points in basically every single conf. game.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #320
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
BS on this. They lost to a decent NC State team on the road (I was mistaken - they lost just one regular season game).

They beat a ranked Maryland team. The rest of their schedule wasn't great. But in their defense they really did just run wild over their conference opponents who had a very surprising down year. Other than a 3-game run near the end of the season, they scored 75+ points in basically every single conf. game.

Their out of conference schedule was in the 300's... and to say a "ranked Maryland team" is counterfeit... we all know Maryland was no good this year...

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #321
miami_fan
Coordinator

LSU moves on
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #322
Easy Mac

Quote:
Their out of conference schedule was in the 300's... and to say a "ranked Maryland team" is counterfeit... we all know Maryland was no good this year...

except gary williams
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #323
wade moore
lolzcat

I just checked... their RPI is 37th.... with 2 losses, why is that? Because their SOS counting their conference games was 207.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #324
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

They played Maryland and NC State. Both were top 20 teams at the time.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #325
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
They played Maryland and NC State. Both were top 20 teams at the time.

Seriously. Let's not talk about what they were ranked at the time. Let's talk about how good the teams actually were. Look at the numbers, OOC schedule in the 300's, overall SOS 207.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #326
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just checked... their RPI is 37th.... with 2 losses, why is that? Because their SOS counting their conference games was 207.

Ok, RPI is one measure. By that, they're about an 8 seed.

By watching them dominate all year, they're about a 2-3 seed. Average that out, they should be a 4-5 seed.

They got jobbed.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #327
wade moore
lolzcat

Man... one thing I love about the dub is that they have so much balance across their team.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #328
wade moore
lolzcat

WTF?! How do they flip from that OT game which was our PRIMARY game to the xavier gonzaga game?!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #329
wade moore
lolzcat

shew, it was just a "look-in" or whatever.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #330
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
I believe I see the answer to this part of your question.

Ksyrup
Tallahassee

The other part, I think is some sort of contractual thing, where you can get extra coverage of games [i]before your 2nd game of the day is complete but not after your 2nd game is complete.

Well, I'm fairly certain that even most UF fans wouldn't care to watch the last 3 minutes of a 25 point game when another game is so close. I understand the connection and all, but it was BS. Then again, if there was som contractual thing, maybe they knew they couldn't stick with the close game anyway, so they never switched to it. Either way, I, as the fan, lost.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-16-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #331
Easy Mac

Quote:
Ok, RPI is one measure. By that, they're about an 8 seed.

By watching them dominate all year, they're about a 2-3 seed. Average that out, they should be a 4-5 seed.

They got jobbed.

well, its really a 9-seed, and they dominated a mid-major league (mid-major at best this season). By dominating, that's probably getting them a 4-5 at most any year (Gonzaga is the only mid-major that gets seeded high, and thats after years of regular season success). So that averages about a 7. Seeing as a few mid-majors were 1-2 seeds below where they should have been (Winthrop, Zags...), then a 9 is about right.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #332
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I'm fairly certain that even most UF fans wouldn't care to watch the last 3 minutes of a 25 point game when another game is so close. I understand the connection and all, but it was BS. Then again, if there was som contractual thing, maybe they knew they couldn't stick with the close game anyway, so they never switched to it. Either way, I, as the fan, lost.

Try being a non Jets/Giants fan in NY for a whole football season and THEN you can complain.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #333
wade moore
lolzcat

ugh. ugh. ugh. Miss the Free Throws!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #334
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
WTF?! How do they flip from that OT game which was our PRIMARY game to the xavier gonzaga game?!

I'm enjoying the Gonzaga game.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #335
wade moore
lolzcat

wow.. VERY uncharacteristic of Goldsberry.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #336
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
well, its really a 9-seed, and they dominated a mid-major league (mid-major at best this season). By dominating, that's probably getting them a 4-5 at most any year (Gonzaga is the only mid-major that gets seeded high, and thats after years of regular season success). So that averages about a 7. Seeing as a few mid-majors were 1-2 seeds below where they should have been (Winthrop, Zags...), then a 9 is about right.

No, the polls said they were a 2 (or 3 maybe) seed. The RPI said they were an 8-9 seed. Given a little more weight to the polls (as the committee typically does in seeding shoe-in teams), they should be a 4-5 seed.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #337
wade moore
lolzcat

*sigh*... good game GW.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #338
Easy Mac

you know what sucks, that for some reason i root for a team, but they lose, but the team that wins is the team i picked in the bracket, and i have no idea how to feel, or why i rooted for the team that i didn't pick.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #339
Fouts
College Starter

Morrison took this game over.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #340
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Gonzaga, the most OVERRATED! team in the tournament, gets lucky and gets by a 14 seed. I bet they get blasted by Indiana.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #341
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Morrison looks like he runs his mouth a lot.. Every time you see him he is talking smack.. Even while he is shooting free throws.

That kind of takes away from GU's Good Guy Image a bit... That, and the Porn Star Mustache.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #342
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Gonzaga, the most OVERRATED! team in the tournament, gets lucky and gets by a 14 seed. I bet they get blasted by San Diego State.

Fixed that for you.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #343
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Gonzaga, the most OVERRATED! team in the tournament, gets lucky and gets by a 14 seed. I bet they get blasted by Indiana.

Um, Indiana has to win a game first.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #344
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
you know what sucks, that for some reason i root for a team, but they lose, but the team that wins is the team i picked in the bracket, and i have no idea how to feel, or why i rooted for the team that i didn't pick.

I think that is essence of the first weekend of the tournement for me.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #345
Fouts
College Starter

And I think Tennessee is the most OVERRATED team in the tourney.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #346
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight
Morrison looks like he runs his mouth a lot.. Every time you see him he is talking smack.. Even while he is shooting free throws.

That kind of takes away from GU's Good Guy Image a bit... That, and the Porn Star Mustache.

It's the Larry Bird in him.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #347
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Seriously. Let's not talk about what they were ranked at the time. Let's talk about how good the teams actually were. Look at the numbers, OOC schedule in the 300's, overall SOS 207.

That was a Maryland team that at the time was not missing their best player. They had 11 wins (including one over BC) and only 4 losses with McCray, with 3 of those losses coming to Duke, Gonzaga, and GW.

As for their SOS, the RPI is a total joke at this point. Shouldn't the goal of a ratings formula be determine which team is better, who would win a game? Take a look at the RPI top 50 and try not to laugh at the notion of it as a predictor.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #348
Ksyrup

Quote:
Try being a non Jets/Giants fan in NY for a whole football season and THEN you can complain.

I hear you. The difference, I guess, is that the NFL is worth $200 a year to me, while March Madness isn't worth whatever the package costs.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #349
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

That same 14 seed just won the A-10 tourney. And BC must be crap too since it took them 2 OT's to beat a #13 seed.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #350
miami_fan
Coordinator

Air Force Academy 38 Illinois 42?

Ummm.......