Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #1101
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, the only wolf role listed that had a power that sounds like CF is describing is Vizzini, who can steal a power for a day. There would be no reason for the wolves to target him instead of Danny (full seer) or Telle (presumed BG) unless they were confident they could kill Danny, which obviously they were, which would indicate there's no BG in the game and Telle is lying about having her power disrupted. Color me shocked about no BG in game, though I guess Miracle Max had some BG-lite powers.

But now as a point of strategy, she has the iocane powder, so even though we've caught her in a lie, there's a 50-50 chance that lynching her would just lead to a villager lynch anyway. I suppose we can have the unknowns line up on her with Narcizo and CF abstaining from the vote so even if the powder protects her, we can eliminate an unknown rather than losing a cleared player.

Vote Telle
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #1102
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm pretty certain you're barking up the wrong tree voting Telle. A Princess Bride game without Fezzik? Really?

I've been rereading the thread. Combine the people who chose the wheelbarrow with the people who can possibly be the Count and we narrow it down to two people - Autumn and mauboy. I've been re-reading

Autumn has been very active in a lot of areas but I don't see him make any mention about the wheelbarrow theory as I like to amusingly name it.

Also, straight after the day three lynch Autumn gets right into Danny's face about him switching from Chief to NTN at the last moment. Naturally Autumn expected NTN to come up village and to pin something on Danny/Chief. He's also been more than unusually questioning about roles - he questioned Telle or CF's story but not particularly vigorously. If he believes in voting early and voting often surely he should have voted like JAG did?

I know no-one's voting has been very good as we seem to have been hitting villagers all game long but Autumn's is a special kind of not good in my opinion.

Vote Autumn

My analysis has been all over this game so I concede that I'm probably not the best person to be setting the tone. But hey - Vote early and vote often. Right?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #1103
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh and why didn't I give the cloak to Danny?

1) My victory conditions require me to stay alive until I meet them. My own survival was paramount. If you want to make that seem like I'm in cahoots with the wolves bear in mind I didn't reveal that I had lost my seer ability in-thread until Danny revealed - despite it endangering my own life. Why do that if I solely care about meeting my main victory condition.
2) As I'm pretty certain the wolves have worked out, I used the cloak on myself before night three. (Fezzik couldn't have protected me because Jackal ascertained that he protected me night two). Because I used it before the night the wheelbarrow didn't stop it from protecting me.
3) I was planning to pretend to give the cloak to Danny but figured it would be pointless once it came out that Fezzik had protected me night two. And I thought Danny was bluffing about not having his self-protection ability used up. It possible that the wolves were told that I had used the cloak from the outset. Another area where Autumn hasn't been overly interested incidentally, whereas JAG - a similar, analytic type, has been asking questions about it.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #1104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yeah, I can't say I agree with Jag on the Telle vote. I haven't followed as close I I would have liked this game, but it seems we should go after the people without unchallenged reveals.

I think if it gets down to an endgame scenario we could revisit voting Telle, but for now it seems like a risky play.

I'll have to look closer at Mau and Autumn. One thing that has struck me about Mau is his quick trigger this game. I remember playing with some people who would get way more in someones face as a wolf then as a villager. I'm wondering if Mau is this type of player. I could live with a Mau-Autumn run off.

Getting my thoughts down because Mondays are typically busy for me dealing with all the morons who wrecked their cars over the weekend so I may have limited time today.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #1105
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum and Narc, if you don't agree with JAG about Telle, where do you think he's wrong? How is it that both CF And Telle had their abilities disrupted last night? This is a sincere question because I'm just not aware what it could be. We know Vizzini can steal one of htier abilities, but not both. Can the wheelbarrow be used more than once? Are we sure it's been used.

I guess what I need is a breakdown of which abilities are claimed or assumed to have been used when. This weekend was a bit crazy and I'm not feeling on top of things as I was before.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #1106
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm pretty certain you're barking up the wrong tree voting Telle. A Princess Bride game without Fezzik? Really?

I've been rereading the thread. Combine the people who chose the wheelbarrow with the people who can possibly be the Count and we narrow it down to two people - Autumn and mauboy. I've been re-reading

Autumn has been very active in a lot of areas but I don't see him make any mention about the wheelbarrow theory as I like to amusingly name it.

Also, straight after the day three lynch Autumn gets right into Danny's face about him switching from Chief to NTN at the last moment. Naturally Autumn expected NTN to come up village and to pin something on Danny/Chief. He's also been more than unusually questioning about roles - he questioned Telle or CF's story but not particularly vigorously. If he believes in voting early and voting often surely he should have voted like JAG did?

I don't have a problem with this, if the numbers make a runoff including me make sense, then we'll have to do it. I have never had the wheelbarrow, I'm not sure if you're asking about something more than that when you say "wheelbarrow theory". As you can see above I've gotten hazy about some details.

I definitely called out Danny on that last second switch. I thought the evidence was showing the wolves happy with a NTN vote, so I thought it was either a real bad move, a wolf move, or Danny had figured something out I had missed entirely. Turns out it was none of hte above, just another villager/villager runoff. However, I would say that if my intention was as you say above, Narc, I would have voted Danny, right? Or at least pushed people to vote Danny. I'm not sure I ever mentioned it again.

I have been questioning role claims, mostly because I expect to see a fake. The wolves know a role not in the game, and so it would behoove them to claim it before they get a lot of heat, and then do some things to make the claim look legit. I don't want to lose the game because we ignored that possibility. There's no harm in making sure we're not getting hoodwinked.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #1107
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Thing is - if you're a wolf then you know that Telle was blocked so you might highlight the descrepency as a point of interest hoping to get the information about what Crimson is saying but not vote for her because you know that an explanation is going to come. If you're a villager then you don't go digging for information - you assume, like JAG, that Telle has been caught in a lie and vote for her.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #1108
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got all day to vote. And I just spent the last ten minutes putting together a list of roles in game to figure out if JAG is right. So I'm not sure I agree, or appreciate, the idea that a real villager would just vote first, think later.

Confirmed Roles
Inigo
Westley
Miracle Max
Dread Pirate Roberts
Prince Humperdink
Vizzini

Implied Roles
Princess Buttercup (Prince scans for her)
Count Rugen (Inigo scans for him)
Fezzik (Vizzini scans for him)

Not Necessary In Game Roles
The Albino
Grandpa
The Clergyman
ROUS

If we assume all confirmed and implied roles are in game:
3 wolves
5 roled villagers
1 neutral
7 vanilla villagers

In game now:
9 players: 1 neutral, 2 wolves, 3 roled villagers, 3 vanilla

This all seems reasonable to me, in the sense that I can believe Fezzik is in the game (though still a possibility not).

However, I haven't found any other reason yet for a scan or a BG not to go through.

I guess i'm hesitating because no one else seems to be balking at this. Is it not obvious that one of CF or Telle is lying?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #1109
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Can the wheelbarrow be used more than once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wheelbarrow - One time use. Can be used as part of a ploy to frighten the target. The target will be unable to perform a night action that night or vote the following day. The target may still post and will be informed that the item was used against him.

Quote:
Are we sure it's been used

Quote:
Ok, that's enough of that - someone used the wheelbarrow on me last night.

I'm definitely wondering myself how two people could have been stopped without someone lying, and since CF has proven his role..
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #1110
The Jackal
Coordinator

That also implies that Narcizo wasn't lying about the wheelbarrow being used on him, but I don't really see why he would.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #1111
The Jackal
Coordinator

Like Narcizo, I am very hesitant to believe that Fezzik wouldn't be included in the game. On top of that it would be very powerful for the wolves to know that was a role not included. But I'm still struggling to see what happened last night.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #1112
Telle
College Starter

I don't have any explanation as to how CF and I could have had our abilities blocked on the same night. It doesn't make any sense.

But do you honestly think the wolves are bumbling enough to claim to use the block power on one player and then actually use it on another? Don't you think that would be a little on the stupid side?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #1113
Autumn
Head Coach

Night 1
Narc scanned Pass
Bhlloy killed
Telle guarded self

Night 2
Packerfan killed
Telle guarded Narc

Night 3
No kill

Night 4
Telle's guard is disrupted
CF's scan is disrupted
Danny is killed

Which night did you get wheelbarrowed, narc? And when did the Dread Pirate visit you? Night 2?

please add stuff to this list guys, for my sake.

I have a theory about what happened with CF and Telle, so I'm now going to drop that discussion, as it's not a theory the wolves need to hear.

I'm going to look back at those possible Count Rugens. I wish we could have narrowed it down, but I still thinks it makes sense to vote from those.

Wait, why did someone say Mau and I re the only ones who could have had the wheelbarrow? It seems there's quite a few who could have got it.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1114
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Cleared villagers:
11) Narcizo (neutral but presumed on villager side)
13) CrimsonFox
15) Telle

Cannot be Count Rugen, but could be any remaining wolf:
10) Lathum
14) MrBug708

Could be any remaining wolf:
6) The Jackal
7) mauboy1
8) Autumn
16) JAG

Quoted for my benefit.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1115
Autumn
Head Coach

I now need to do some work, I'll be checking in occasionally.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #1116
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait, why did someone say Mau and I re the only ones who could have had the wheelbarrow? It seems there's quite a few who could have got it.

You are the only two that chose the wheelbarrow -and- could be Count Rugen.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1117
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You are the only two that chose the wheelbarrow -and- could be Count Rugen.

Oh, right. Well ... that doesn't mean much, right? Vizzini could just as easily have the wheelbarrow. Or they might be able to pass it, in which case Pass passed it.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #1118
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

A possible theory is that the wolves realised that trying to take the powder would make them look suspicious so they avoided it and worked out that getting the wheelbarrow was actually more useful for them anyway and all selected it to try and get it through sheer numbers.

Anyway, Danny switched roles with me night two, after I revealed. Wheelbarrow was used on me night three. Danny self-protected night three, I used the cloak before night three (protecting me night three/day four), Danny's scan was blocked night three, presumably by Vizzini.

I presumed Danny was lying about having used his self-protect because I thought Vizzini would block all his abilities, including that of self-protection.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #1119
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks Narc, I should add CF's scans as well. When did CF reveal?

Night 1
Narc scanned Pass
Bhlloy killed
Telle guarded self

--Narc reveals as Westley-

Night 2
Packerfan killed
Telle guarded Narc
Danny switches with Narc

Night 3
No kill
Wheelbarrow used on Narc
Danny protects self
Narc uses cloak
Danny's can is blocked

--Telle reveals she has Iocane--
--Telle reveals as Fezzik--

Night 4
Telle's guard is disrupted
CF's scan is disrupted
Danny is killed
Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #1120
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
. One thing that has struck me about Mau is his quick trigger this game. I remember playing with some people who would get way more in someones face as a wolf then as a villager. I'm wondering if Mau is this type of player.

I don't think Mau gets like that when he's a wolf. I prefer to ignore the incident altogether and not let it influence me one way or the other. Leaving mau with very little input to the village cause.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #1121
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Dunno how much I'm going to be able to be around tonight. Neither Telle or CF are lying. Well OK there's a remote possibility that Fezzik isn't in the game but all evidence I have says that Telle is telling the truth, and it is pretty much as you'd expect - Vizzini cancels her block so the hit on Danny can go ahead. CF isn't lying either - his blocked scan is an unfortunate by-product of my victory conditions - it isn't going to happen again (pwomise).
Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1122
The Jackal
Coordinator

Stupid Dread Pirate Roberts keeps messing with us
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #1123
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dunno how much I'm going to be able to be around tonight. Neither Telle or CF are lying. Well OK there's a remote possibility that Fezzik isn't in the game but all evidence I have says that Telle is telling the truth, and it is pretty much as you'd expect - Vizzini cancels her block so the hit on Danny can go ahead. CF isn't lying either - his blocked scan is an unfortunate by-product of my victory conditions - it isn't going to happen again (pwomise).

I really don't see why you would hold out on that info Narc. But unless CF has something to contradict you, I'll concede that Telle is likely telling the truth if the wolves weren't involved in CF's scan fail.

Unvote Telle
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #1124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

JAckal has seemingly gotten little to no attention this game and I am starting to wonder why. Is there some key vote or something I am missing that elevates his level of trust?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #1125
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote mauboy
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #1126
MrBug708
Head Coach

I can't, for the life of me, find the last complete vote history
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #1127
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't know of anything re: Jackal, lathum. He's on my list of three I'll be voting today but I don't have anything other than that on him.

Narc's revelation cements a sentiment I was going to post, that I'm wary of trusting what he is posting without knowing his victory conditions or abilities. We don't know either of those truly, and have reason now to think he won't be straight with them if he does reveal.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #1128
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be back in a couple hrs for break, doesn't seem like I'll miss out on much in the meanwhile.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1129
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
JAckal has seemingly gotten little to no attention this game and I am starting to wonder why. Is there some key vote or something I am missing that elevates his level of trust?

I haven't really done much. I moved my vote from bhlloy to DV D1 when the vote was tied to lead the final push on DV, and if I was a wolf I probably don't do that when I can just stay put knowing bhlloy and DV are both good.

I really thought NTN was a wolf, so I'm pretty stuck now in terms of where I want to go. We can't target the neutral at this point but I'm getting annoyed with that role interfering with the game. I know that's its intended purpose, but damn.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1130
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This is where our votes should be. If you do not vote in this group, I'm guessing you are a wolf.

6) The Jackal
7) mauboy1
8) Autumn
16) JAG
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1131
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And to add to that I don't think Jackal is a wolf. That is not from any scans or anything.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1132
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

JAG voting for telle makes me again think he's guilty.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #1133
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree that's a good list to vote from, CF, but it's a bit much to suggest only a wolf wouldn't. The only reason for that list is good odds to catch one of the wolves. There's no reason to limit ourselves to it if we find good clues to another wolf.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1134
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and just where would those clues be...got some in your pocket?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1135
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm really up in the air on JAG, Jackal and Mauboy. I'm tending toward Mauboy just because we have less to go on with him - Jackal has given us that day one vote and a fair bit of analysis, JAG is posting his analysis regularly. They're more likely to give themselves away with that level of activity than Mauboy is with his. But I haven't seen anything yet that jumped out at me with any of them. A reread is in order.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #1136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
We can't target the neutral at this point but I'm getting annoyed with that role interfering with the game. I know that's its intended purpose, but damn.

How do we know that role is in the game?

I thought only the wolves know what role, if any, aren't in the game?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #1137
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

That was my first feeling as well.. but he really did have a good point. Based on the ruleset as we knew it, either you or I had to be lying and you had already proven your role as Duke. So he thought he had caught me in a lie and jumped on it like any villager would.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #1138
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm almost thinking we're looking at a JAG/Autumn wolf team.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #1139
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And JAG's analysis has been anything but regular. He gave analysis for one day out of 5. Well there was wheels on the bus too...
Old 08-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #1140
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Both Narcizo and Danny verified that the role is in the game. It would be one very convoluted story for the wolves to make up, and they'd both have to be wolves. Add to that the fact that Narcizo gave us a wolf.. I'm inclined to believe them.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #1141
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

You see, I think the opposite -the evidence does point towards Telle (or you) lying. I find Autumn's method of questioning without really doing much about it much more suspicious.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1142
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Both Narcizo and Danny verified that the role is in the game. It would be one very convoluted story for the wolves to make up, and they'd both have to be wolves. Add to that the fact that Narcizo gave us a wolf.. I'm inclined to believe them.

And Danny wasn't a wolf.

I didn't ask to be made the Dread Pirate Roberts. Blame Danny. Or blind luck for me picking Passa and revealing.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #1143
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You see, I think the opposite -the evidence does point towards Telle (or you) lying. I find Autumn's method of questioning without really doing much about it much more suspicious.

This seems an odd response from the person who was hiding the information which would have resolved the question. And also odd considering we still have eight hours to go. Rushing to a lynch has never really helped the village, but I suppose it would have helped you avoid having to give away information about your role.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #1144
Telle
College Starter

Oh yeah.. Danny's gone, and it was thus verified that he wasn't a wolf. And as I recall, his reveal upon death referenced the whole pirate/Wesley thing.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #1145
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I believe Telle is telling the truth that the wolves blocked her. There's been no counter to her not being Fezzik.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #1146
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Danny claimed it, stole Narcizo's role, backed up by Narcizo, and then "achieved his win conditions" in EF's writeup. We know DPR is in the game, and we know it's Narc, unless he's exchanged roles with CF like Danny did to him.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #1147
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I believe Telle is telling the truth that the wolves blocked her. There's been no counter to her not being Fezzik.

I believe it now that Narc has fessed up he was involved in screwing up your scan. We don't know what the DPR can do anymore, so I don't think anyone should look at Telle today.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #1148
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This seems an odd response from the person who was hiding the information which would have resolved the question. And also odd considering we still have eight hours to go. Rushing to a lynch has never really helped the village, but I suppose it would have helped you avoid having to give away information about your role.

*ahem* Mr Vote Early and Vote Often?

I'm only following the same tactic as I used on day two - get information before revealing. Well, in this case I needed to check something out with Eagle as well but still. With.holding information is not automatically an anti-village activity. Who knows, if Telle hadn't revealed that she protected me on night two I might still be pretending that I had the Holocaust Cloak.

This antagonistic tone reminds me of a game not too long ago. Which game was that I wonder melodramatically to myself. Oh yes. The one where you were a baddy. Honestly I've got nothing like as strong a feeling about you this time round but still.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #1149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think I might change my name to "Mildly Annoying Pirate Roberts".
Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #1150
Autumn
Head Coach

For the record, I suggest vote early and vote often at the beginning of the game, where we drastically need some excuse to be making votes, some content to start the game off with. It's not particularly useful five days in where we should have plenty of things to mull over in order to make a vote.