Old 08-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #1352
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

well to be fair, danny wanted ntn killed
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #1353
Autumn
Head Coach

As I suggested to Mauboy last night, lynching me would be a bad idea. I am in fact Princess Buttercup. I tried to avoid saying so, and not hinting until the last second last night because I hoped to avoid the wolves having time to change their night kill. I can't wriggle out of a lynch twice in a row though, so I don't see anything to do but just reveal and hope we can make this work somehow.

In my defense, I think a wolf fake revealing would have done it straight out with 30-40 minutes left yesterday when there were plenty of people who would have moved their votes, especially knowing that my opponent was a villager.

Regardless, we know Buttercup is in the game, and if a wolf wants to counter reveal they can go right ahead.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #1354
Autumn
Head Coach

Narc and CF, please clarify for my timeline what happened with you. When did Narc change places with CF?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #1355
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Does anything other than a JAG/Autumn or Jackal/Lathum wolf pairing make sense?

Assuming Autumn is a villager then there's no way JAG is a wolf switching his vote like that to save someone who is basically revealing as Buttercup. So if Autumn is a villager then Jackal/Lathum must be the remaining wolves.

I agree, it's hard to imagine a wolf JAG making that move. He could just say he found what I was saying suspicious and leave his vote there.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #1356
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Jag is most definitely a wolf. He was signalling that he was buttercup a couple days back saying "it would be good of the village if I wasn't lynched. You have to trust me". That was STRONGLY signalling that he was buttercup. I scanned him last night to see if he was buttercup and he most assuredly is NOT buttercup.

oh yeah, villager in case you are confused, I am the Dread Pirate Roberts. Narcizo gave it to me the night before.

All your scan proved was that JAG wasn't buttercup, correct? If he was a vanilla villager, you wouldn't switch with him.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #1357
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
All your scan proved was that JAG wasn't buttercup, correct? If he was a vanilla villager, you wouldn't switch with him.

So, assuming Telle is really Fezzik, two out of Jackal, Lathum and JAG are wolves. I don't think JAG's our best guess based on last night, though I don't consider it impossible. So I will be voting Jackal again.

VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #1358
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Well that proves it then. I scanned Jag last night, but I'm still the Dread Pirate Roberts. Obviously the dread pirate roberts can not pass the DPR onto a wolf as that would mean he would become a wolf. Makes sense.

The DPR scan does not turn the target into DPR unless that target is the specific DPR objective.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #1359
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nice try Autumn. I am in fact Princess Buttercup. I was surprised you didn't reveal last night to save your neck, but your plan of pushing people towards mauboy worked in the end.

Protect me tonight if you can Telle!

VOTE AUTUMN
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #1360
The Jackal
Coordinator

My poor Westley has been dead all this time. Damn you scoundrel Dread Pirate Roberts! I even dropped the hint about wanting DPR out last night as a bit of game flavor and to setup because I knew Autumn would reveal as Buttercup eventually.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #1361
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That's interesting Jackal - don't really think you needed to reveal. I guess it boils down to the mechanics of how the brutal ability works.

Eagle - if the Count is the last wolf and he orders the killing of Buttercup would the conversion go through before the village win for killing the last wolf or does the conversion happen first so there is still a wolf in the game?

Anyway Jackal how did you know that it would be Autumn revealing and not mau? How did you know Autumn was a wolf? I thought it was the best shot but I was far from convinced.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #1362
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
In my defense, I think a wolf fake revealing would have done it straight out with 30-40 minutes left yesterday when there were plenty of people who would have moved their votes, especially knowing that my opponent was a villager.

Dunno about that - if you're a wolf then you've always got Jag swtiching votes up your sleeve to save you if need be. Better to leave it to the last moment to try and turn mau or Jackal around and let you argue that the wolves didn't take you out because they didn't realise in time. I don't know why you weren't explicit in revealing though.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #1363
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't want Autumn to get away with it, I figured there was a chance people would believe him with no counter, and the longer I waited to counter the more wolfy it would sound.

I was never very convinced that mau was a wolf, it's why my vote was on Autumn all of yesterday and I never switched even though I was wrong in my depiction of how Autumn had been playing. I couldn't be 100% positive, its true, but I figured one of them was a wolf and if the villager died the other would be revealing because they'd likely be lynched today.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #1364
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I switched with Crimson on night four, which is why he didn't get a scan result that night. He revealed at the lynch on day three so that was the first chance I got to switch with him.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #1365
Autumn
Head Coach

Guys, I made pretty clear I was Buttercup last night, without doing it so much to necessarily save my hide. That's a reveal you should buy, not Jackal jumping on it now that we've narrowed the two wolves down to him and Lathum. He's got nothing to lose now. If he manages to trick the village into lynching me and Telle protecting him, they've got a win.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #1366
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn if you were actually buttercup you'd be dead. Sure you suggested strongly, but why wouldn't you if you could prolong the game another day. There's no way they'd hit bug if you were actually buttercup. They just had to decide between the rest of us!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #1367
The Jackal
Coordinator

They/you and your partner/whatever
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #1368
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Dunno about that - if you're a wolf then you've always got Jag swtiching votes up your sleeve to save you if need be. Better to leave it to the last moment to try and turn mau or Jackal around and let you argue that the wolves didn't take you out because they didn't realise in time. I don't know why you weren't explicit in revealing though.

I wasn't explicit because I wanted to try to slide by the lynch without having to reveal. The only way this role helps is if I make it to the end, the only way I can make it to the end is if nobody ever finds out who I am. When Mauboy started switching his vote around I held on to my reveal, hoping that I would squeak by somehow. Explicitly revealing, especially with our bodyguard gone for deadline, would have been a horrible idea.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #1369
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well I think we had all pretty much worked out that a wolf with his neck on the block is going to reveal as the Princess at this stage. Your reveal is pretty much how I expect a wolf would try to play it.

I thought that Lathum was the Princess this morning.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1370
The Jackal
Coordinator

I would hope if the count is the last wolf and lynched the conversion wouldn't happen. That'd be fairly silly. It would be pure guesswork and not really werewolf.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1371
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Autumn if you were actually buttercup you'd be dead. Sure you suggested strongly, but why wouldn't you if you could prolong the game another day. There's no way they'd hit bug if you were actually buttercup. They just had to decide between the rest of us!

That's silly, I didn't say anything suggesting I was buttercup until about three minutes to deadline. Bug is dead because a wolf didn't have time to change the kill.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #1372
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
That's silly, I didn't say anything suggesting I was buttercup until about three minutes to deadline. Bug is dead because a wolf didn't have time to change the kill.

Most of us were around at the deadline, I don't buy that at all. But it's not for me to buy anyways.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #1373
Autumn
Head Coach

If you guys lose by lynching me that will be the most embarrassing villager loss ever. I suppose there's a 50% chance it won't hurt as bad. But the rule of thumb in Werewolf is the first one to reveal is usually telling the truth.

Narc, you're thinking that if I was a wolf obviously I'd fake reveal this morning. But think about it the other way. If I'm Buttercup, what would I have done differently?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #1374
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Most of us were around at the deadline, I don't buy that at all. But it's not for me to buy anyways.

Most of you wolves? I don't believe that.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #1375
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Mauboy, may I humbly suggest you stay where you are even if no one moves?

This is my first hint that I am Buttercup. It came at 9:58 p.m.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #1376
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Mauboy please move back.

This is at 9:59.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #1377
The Jackal
Coordinator

To humor you, in the case that you actually were buttercup, I think it would've been a much better idea to reveal earlier in the day. Why risk dying at the deadline and giving the wolves a convert? Especially if you weren't very sold on mau being bad, that pretty much dooms the village anyways with another wrong lynch.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #1378
Autumn
Head Coach

If I was a wolf, I would have revealed well before that, make everyone get off of me. Then when I didn't die that night I would say that they must have figured i was guarded and gone after someone else. If Buttercup revealed before deadline we would have time to put in a kill on her. I would not wait until the last second and risk people moving back to me or Buttercup revealing and not having time to change the kill. In addition I would have no excuse for not dying since Telle wasn't around to change her guard order to me. Think about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #1379
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I doubt Crimson is going to move his vote so it would be Telle and I who would have to swing it. Obviously I'm worried that Jackal has been playing us throughout the game but not worried enough to switch from Autumn. Danny was suspicious of Autumn and JAG and trusted Jackal. So I guess I'm sticking with his instincts and the recent evidence that is available that says Autumn/Jag is the most obvious wolf pairing.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #1380
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
To humor you, in the case that you actually were buttercup, I think it would've been a much better idea to reveal earlier in the day. Why risk dying at the deadline and giving the wolves a convert? Especially if you weren't very sold on mau being bad, that pretty much dooms the village anyways with another wrong lynch.

I don't think I really need to explain that more than I already have. There is no way at all it makes any sense for Buttercup to reveal sooner than very close to deadline. I have no power in the game. My only contribution I can make is not getting lynched or killed, so revealing earlier in the game just guarantees I get killed.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #1381
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I doubt Crimson is going to move his vote so it would be Telle and I who would have to swing it. Obviously I'm worried that Jackal has been playing us throughout the game but not worried enough to switch from Autumn. Danny was suspicious of Autumn and JAG and trusted Jackal. So I guess I'm sticking with his instincts and the recent evidence that is available that says Autumn/Jag is the most obvious wolf pairing.

I'm sure Danny will be happy to hear you pinned losing the game on him ;-)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #1382
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, well, you aren't buttercup, so the point is moot. You played it like a good wolf should, hoping to slide by since there wasn't even a real solid case on you.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #1383
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am good with ntn and Telle as well.

Here are some other people Danny was suspicious of.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #1384
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If you guys lose by lynching me that will be the most embarrassing villager loss ever.

I don't think so. It would be an epic wolf win the way the game seems to have been pretty much stacked against them. But letting you win as a wolf would be embarrassing.

Anyway, if you are Buttercup maybe I would be the convert and I'd win anyway.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #1385
Autumn
Head Coach

I have to admit, I did not foresee this kind of stubbornness on the part of the village. I hope that JAG and Telle can see this more clearly.

Who is left on the list to be Rugen? Jackal and JAG? And Rugen is the brutal? In that case I may rethink my vote. He'll just brutal me and possibly get a convert, plus the night kill. Although maybe we'd be lucky and they'd night kill the convert ;-)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #1386
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think so. It would be an epic wolf win the way the game seems to have been pretty much stacked against them. But letting you win as a wolf would be embarrassing.

Anyway, if you are Buttercup maybe I would be the convert and I'd win anyway.

I wouldn't say it's stacked. At this moment they have at least two wolves, a 50% conversion chance, and a brutal kill up their sleeve, and Vizini can still steal abilities, right? We've got a bodyguard, a pirate who keep screwing shit up for us and Inigo. Plus a princess whose only ability is to hope she doesn't die.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1387
Autumn
Head Coach

We want to kill Vizzini today, so the debate should be between me and Lathum it seems. When it becomes clear to you that Jackal is a fake, then you can lynch him tomorrow and hope he doesn't convert someone on his way out.

unvote the jackal
vote lathum
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1388
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I hope that JAG and Telle can see this more clearly.

Oh I think JAG might come around to your point of view. He might leave it to the last minute but I think he'll get there.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #1389
Autumn
Head Coach

I bet you're wishing you had killed me last night, huh, Jackal? But you guys probably didn't dare since I had been chasing after you all day, it wouldn't look good for you. You could have killed me, and then had Mr. Bug or JAG or someone on your team. You'd be in real good shape.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #1390
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, Narcizo, I kind of feel bad, because yo'ure going to be really embarrassed by the time this game is over ;-)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #1391
Autumn
Head Coach

Like really, really embarrassed.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1392
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Wow, Narcizo, I kind of feel bad, because yo'ure going to be really embarrassed by the time this game is over ;-)

I survived the Chess debacle, I think I'll somehow manage to pull through this one.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #1393
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

But it's sweet of you to be so concerned about my mental state.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #1394
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd be more worried about Crimson who will have been COMPLETELY wrong two games in a row if you are a villager.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #1395
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll start a thread for you, the I Can't Believe I Did That thread.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #1396
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Your goodwill and bounty are boundless.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #1397
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Lathum still has fewer posts than NTN
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #1398
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
We want to kill Vizzini today, so the debate should be between me and Lathum it seems. When it becomes clear to you that Jackal is a fake, then you can lynch him tomorrow and hope he doesn't convert someone on his way out.

unvote the jackal
vote lathum

huh?

I haven't been able to keep up all that well, but obviously youi or Jackal are lying, why is it that one of us is Vizzini? Why can't JAckal be Vizzini? And why would you vote for me when you are claiming to be the princess and are having someone counter that, yet aren't voting for them?

Makes no sense
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #1399
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Nice try Autumn. I am in fact Princess Buttercup. I was surprised you didn't reveal last night to save your neck, but your plan of pushing people towards mauboy worked in the end.

Protect me tonight if you can Telle!

VOTE AUTUMN

I knew this. Thanks jackal. Telle please protect jackal.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #1400
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'd be more worried about Crimson who will have been COMPLETELY wrong two games in a row if you are a villager.

can we be a loittle LESS of an asshole please?