Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

CWF - Sunshine, the Devil and the Dream - TEW 16

Okay, so it looked like I had been exiled to the Pacific Northwest to book PNW, or Pretty Neutered Wrestling for Don Owen. Then I got the call from Eddie Graham to come book Championship Wrestling from Florida, I don’t even know if I said yes before I hung up, but I was out the door and headed to the sunshine state.

I do some house cleaning before we tape our first TV show with me in charge, which is tomorrow by the way, so I will book my first show without even knowing what Eddie’s goals are. I immediately release Don Kent, Jos Leduc, Charlie Cook, Bob Della Serra and Angelo Mosca. Guys that are either too old for what I want to do and/or just taking up space that could be better filled.

Not looking to hire anyone else right now as the top of the card is pretty solid, with the exception of Mark Lewin whose main event slot would be better filled, but I will wait to decide who I want to go after. My other main eventers are Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Duncum and Blackjack Mulligan (currently on a face run)

The rest of the roster
Upper Mid-card:
Heels - Kevin Sullivan, Bob Orton Jr. and Ron Bass
Faces - Bob Roop
Roop is the lone face here. Roop is better as a heel, so I will have to do something here and that will probably be releasing Roop and bringing in a solid face.

Mid-card:
Heels – Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem and Black Bart
Faces – Mike Graham, Terry Allen (Magnum TA) and Barry Windham
Some good young faces in Windham and Magnum, Heels are decent, though you would probably recognize Akeem and Muhammad better by their more know monikers or Leroy Brown and Ray Candy.

Lower Mid-card
, openers, enhancement (The job squad)
Heels – Jake Roberts, Les Thornton, Bugsy McGraw, Mike Davis, Jack Hart
Faces – Mike Rotundo, Denny Brown, Scott McGhee, Brian Blair, Hiro Matsuda
Obviously will try and build Roberts and Rotundo, the rest will put others over.

Managers – James J Dillon and Oliver Humperdink
Announcers – Gordon Solie and Buddy Colt
Authority Figure – Me
Referee – Bill Alfonso (Yes Fonzie of ECW fame)
Road Agent – Eddie Graham himself

Right out of the gate I set up a storyline with Blackjack Mulligan taking on JJ Dillon’s stable of cowboys (Duncum, Bart, Bass and Orton) who are known as The Regulators. Dusty Rhodes and Kevin Sullivan will be me other main storyline, each with a rotating cast of henchmen and we will stay with those two for now. Our Figurehead is Dusty Rhodes, who was nice enough to anoint himself for that role before I took the book.

My booking style – I want to select a couple of main event guys and a couple of upper mid-card guys to run the company around and then bring in a fresh rotation of opponents for them, usually on 6-9 month deals to work short programs, then cycle in some new bodies. If any of these short timers get over they can assume one of the long term spots and I will then I may cycle out one of the tenured stars. Should be a good strategy in theory to keep things fresh and give the fans some variety. I am also looking to book a title defense in the very near future in our territory for NWA World champ Ric Flair.

I started with $250,000 and have expenses of over $40,000 just in potential salaries, so it may be a struggle financially early if I can’t wrangle some good sponsorship deals. For TV we have a weekly show each Monday on local TV in the southeast, but I have a deal in place already for the show to move to Sportschannel America, which covers Great Lakes, New England, Tri-State, Southwest and Southeast. The downside is my current deal goes two years and they won’t let me cancel! I will run a big monthly show the 3rd Sunday of each month and a monthly touring show the first Thursday of each month in surrounding territories. I will use that show to get the young guys more work, though I will make it inactive if we are losing too much cash.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Can't wait to read this.

Which mod are you using? I am going to be starting a dynasty here soon and I wanted to use whatever one you have.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Can't wait to read this.

Which mod are you using? I am going to be starting a dynasty here soon and I wanted to use whatever one you have.

Thanks DTR, Dusty and Kevin should make things fun if I can keep them.

I am using the DOTT Mod that TCP1 is converting. He has a beta version up and it is a work in progress, but it is playable.

[HYPE] Death of the Territories - Grey Dog Software
Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Show – Wrestling from Florida
Monday week 1 – January 1983
Tampa, Florida
Attendance: 8,582
Rating: 0.38 (286,650 viewers)

Main Show

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Black Bart in 7:34 by disqualification. During the match we also had Ron Bass run in and attack Barry Windham.
Performance: Black Bart C, Barry Windham C+
Rating: C

Post Match Ron Bass joins Black Bart in giving Windham a good ol’ fashioned ass whipping, prompting his Dad, Blackjack Mulligan to make the save, as two parts of The Regulators head for the cheap seats.
Mulligan came across well and Bart performed poorly

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Les Thornton drew with Mike Graham in 15:00 when the time limit expired in a match that surprised as Thornton refrained from straying outside the lines of fair play.
Performance: Mike Graham C, Les Thornton D+

Dusty Rhodes is feeling his oats and waxes poetic to the crowd as only he can "The dream, is hungry, starving if you weel, for the oh so sweet taste of competition daddy. Ric Flair!! The N-dubya-A world champeen, come to Flori-dah daddy, feed the dream!!"
This angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B+

Kevin Sullivan walks to ring in preparation for his match "Dusty Rhodes, on and on you go, about the hunger, it grips your very soul like the icy fingers of death and drives you to call the name of man, the world champion, to come and satiate you. You don’t need to look that far to quell your thirst Dusty Rhodes. You say you need a little trouble, I ask, what better day to have a double?" Laughing maniacally Sullivan drops the microphone as Rhodes walks away puzzled.
Rating: C+

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Kevin Sullivan defeated Brian Blair in 6:11 by pinfall with a Tree of Woe, reciting strange incantations after beating him.
Performance: Sullivan B-, Blair D+

In an exceptional match, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bob Roop in 7:46 when Bob Roop intentionally got counted out, after becoming frustrated with Mulligan constantly stifling his offense. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 1 of his Florida Television title.
Performance: Mulligan A, Roop C

As Mulligan celebrates his win, Bobby Duncum, Black Bart, and Ron Bass run in and attack him, delivering a vicious beating that leaves him flat on his back.
This angle got the crowd hotter, Mulligan looked good and Black Bart underperformed

Show Rating: C- (Lost popularity in one region)

Notes from the Booker:
  • Black Bart and JJ Dillon are a good pairing
  • Bobby Duncum and JJ Dillon have excellent chemistry
  • Gordon Solie and Buddy Colt have good chemistry calling matches
  • The Showdown at noon storyline (Blackjack vs The Regulators) has kicked off and is rated a C
  • Mulligan shined in his match with Roop
  • The Devil and the Dream (Rhodes/Sullivan) storyline began and is rated a C
  • Drug testing was $5,000.00, but nobody came up dirty

Behind the Curtain:
  • The show appeared worse as our production values, broadcast level and music are slightly lower than at least one rival, which I assume is GCW, but I am not going to worry that.
  • Mulligan was the obvious star of the show with a stellar in ring performance against Bob Roop and was also solid in his angles.
  • Dusty Rhodes was magical as always when talking to the crowd and I will bring in NWA Champion Ric Flair to go against Rhodes in our marquee event, ‘The Superbowl of Wrestling’ later this month.
  • After the show I find out the AWA has extended an offer to Bob Orton Jr. Great, I expected this from Vince Jr. not Verne!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-16-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

I get my rules from Eddie Graham finally, though I think there may be more to come.
  1. In two years CWF must have gained popularity in America
  2. The financial balance of the company must have improved to $450,000 in 2 years, 8 months
  3. I cannot hire or extend anyone who is known to have problems with the

In other news
  • The WWF has signed a deal with Sports Channel America, not sure how this will affect me down the road and the deal we have signed with them after our local deal expires.
  • Dusty Rhodes has received offers from both Mid-Atlantic (MACW) and Mid-South (MSW) respectively, still no shots fired from Vince.
  • Hiro Matsuda is bitching that he is being pushed as an occasional wrestler. I try and fire him, but Eddie Graham blocks me, so he will keep that push and better be prepared to get jobbed out left and right. He does squat for the company and draws a $4,200 monthly fee on a written contract, screw him.
  • I have negotiations underway with Don Muraco, who I think would be much better as a top of the card heel than Mark Lewin.
  • Our monthly traveling show, ‘CFW-Superstars on Tour’ is up next and Mulligan vs. Ron Bass will headline.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-15-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Superstars on Tour
Thursday week 1 – January, 1983
Asheville, NC
Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)
Rating: N/A

Pre Show
In a decent pre-show match, Bobby Duncum won a battle royal in 17:48. The other members of the 'final four' were Barry Windham, Black Bart and Bob Roop, with Barry Windham being the final elimination. Barry Windham got the most eliminations over the course of the match.

Main Show
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Jake Roberts defeated Brian Blair in 11:22 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage after catching Blair with a low blow and a quick roll up.
Performance: Jake Roberts C, Brian Blair D-
Rating: D+

Blackjack Mulligan tears into The Regulators as a group, then addresses his opponent tonight. "Ron Bass, it’s high noon son, but for you the sun is about to set. You want to live like a cowboy, prepare to die like one…..With your boots on and mine buried in your backside!"
The angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B

In a decent match, Kareem Muhammad and Elijah Akeem defeated Magnum T.A. and Mike Rotundo in 11:37 when Kareem Muhammad defeated Mike Rotundo by pinfall with a second Piledriver in the ring, after giving him the first on the concrete floor, as Rotundo carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Performance: Mike Rotundo C+, Magnum TA C-,Kareem Muhammad C-, Elijah Akeem D+
This match calmed the crowd as intended

A music video is shown to promote the group of Bobby Duncum, Ron Bass, Bob Orton Jr. and Black Bart prior to Orton entering the arena for his match, the crowd is indifferent.
Rating: D

In a decent match, Bob Orton Jr. defeated Hiro Matsuda in 14:48 by pinfall with a Superplex, as JJ Dillon spent the match distracting Matsuda at every opportunity.
Performance: Orton Junior B-, Matsuda D- (His whiny attitude follows him to the ring)

In a superb match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Bugsy McGraw in 7:49 by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow after a wild brawl that saw Rhodes get color and the fans on their feet while it lasted.
Performance: Rhodes A, McGraw D

Dusty Rhodes is heading back down the aisle after his match and as he reaches the stage he gets attacked by Kevin Sullivan, who came out of nowhere. Sullivan body slams ‘The American Dream’ right off the stage, through a table and onto a bunch of equipment. As Sullivan looks on sneering, eyes rolled back into his head, Dusty Rhodes is stretchered out with a neck brace on.
Rhodes looked good and the angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B-

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass in 17:27 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Bobby Duncum ran in and attacked Blackjack Mulligan with a cowbell knocking him into next week.
Performance: Mulligan C+, Bass D

Show Rating: D+ (increased popularity in one region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Bob Roop seemed off his game in the battle royal
  • Eddie Graham believes Jack Hart was wasted on drugs in the battle royal
  • The Roberts/Blair match got the show off to a good start
  • Mike Rotundo took a stunt bump in the match against Akeem and Muhammad, Oliver Humperdink was also solid at ringside in this one
  • The Orton Jr./Matsuda match got the crowd hotter, despite Matsuda mailing it in
  • McGraw and Humperdink have no chemistry, Rhodes saved the match and came out looking good (No need to tell Dusty, he will tell you)
  • Mulligan and Bass don’t click and it showed in their performance. Luckily there are three other guys in The Regulators for Mulligan to wrestle, though the match still got the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • Locker room incidents galore! Kevin Sullivan antagonizes JJ Dillon and they get into a fight, I warn Sullivan and he improves his behavior, and his morale is boosted as well.
  • Barry Windham gave the locker room a lift by bringing a crate of free drinks.
  • Oliver Humperdink makes a mess backstage and is brought before the wrestler’s court, where Judge Gordon Solie sentences him to buy drinks for everyone, Oliver also improves his behavior.
  • Eddie Graham was passing on tips to Bob Orton Jr. on using psychology, so overall good incidents and even the bad one has a positive outcome, hoorah! Over overall backstage rating is now 77%
  • I am a little disappointed at the overall rating, but we still gained popularity in the region so all good
  • Eddie Graham thinks I overused Brian Blair, which I take with a grain of salt since the battle royal was pre-show. Speaking of which, I will use this frequently to get inexperienced guys that aren’t on the main card some rub
  • In my post show speech I praise Dusty Rhodes (he of small ego) and compliment both Mulligan and Sullivan. All seem pleased
  • Storyline updates – The Devil and the Dream B-, Showdown at High Noon C
  • Morale issues – Eight different wrestlers are annoyed at having to work with an impaired Jack Hart and Mark Lewin is irritated I left him off the show
  • Drug testing fees are $4,000 and I order a specific test on Jack Hart for another $1,200. It shows he is a hard drug user, so I fire him. He improves his behavior, so at least he won’t be snorting coke in the unemployment line
  • Two cliques are building backstage -Bass, Mulligan and Black Bart (funny that Bass and Mulligan can’t friggin work together) and Windham, Mulligan and Rhodes
  • "Busty" Rhodes thinks Kareem Muhammad can’t work our style and I should job him out, thanks for your input Big Dust, but the book is mine now
Old 05-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

News and Notes
  • Friggin Bob Orton Jr. signs an exclusive PPA with AWA and will be leaving, puts a wrench in the High Noon storyline, but I have a backup plan
  • Don Muraco signs a 9 month PPA with is at $2,600 a pop, big money but a big time get and it lets me release Mark Lewin.
  • I then sign Spike Huber to a PPA at $870 a pop to replace the fired Jack Hart as a mid-carder, definitely an upgrade.
Around the world
  • Andre the Giant wins the New Japan heavyweight title, good luck getting that strap off of him.
  • Terry Funk and Bruiser Brody defeat Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta to claim the NWA International Tag straps, that Baba and Tsuruta had defended 100 times, wow!!!
  • Roddy Piper returns to his roots signing with PNW
  • Carlos Colon and WWC are making some waves, recently signing Ricky Steamboat and Bret Hart
  • Southeastern Championship Wrestling is expanding their broadcasting, getting TV slots in Hawaii, the MSG network, Telemundo and a couple of local markets.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 2 – January, 1983
Tallahassee, Florida
Attendance: 9,639 (sell out)
Rating: 0.40 (307,150 viewers)

Pre Show
We give the fans a treat before the taping starts and in a decent pre-show match, Bugsy McGraw, Kevin Sullivan & Jake Roberts defeated Denny Brown, Scott McGhee and Spike Huber in 9:19 when Kevin Sullivan defeated Scott McGhee by pinfall with a Tree of Woe in a major squash. In terms of in-ring work, Kevin Sullivan was head and shoulders above everyone else.
Performance: Jake Roberts C+, Kevin Sullivan B, Bugsy McGraw C-, Spike Huber D-, Scott McGhee D+, Denny Brown D

Main Show
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Mike Davis in 7:13 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat after reversing an Irish Whip to open the TV show.
Performance: Barry Windham C+, Mike Davis D+
Rating: C-

Blackjack Mulligan is fuming as he enters the interview area. "Bob Orton Jr., Ron Bass, Duncum! I don’t give damn who it is, its showdown time boys, my job here in Championship Wrestling from Florida against your head!! You’re either dead, or you’re yellow!".

Bob Orton Jr. appears with a smile on his face and the ever arrogant JJ Dillon at his side. "You have a problem Mulligan, besides that stupid mustache, and it’s called lack of sense. You’re putting your job on the line? Well I’ll take that bet and raise you my job, because you see, I have an ace or two in hole, ain’t that right JJ?" Dillon smiles smugly and nods as they return to the back.
Dillon helped Orton in this segment

In an exceptional match, Bobby Duncum defeated Mike Rotundo in 5:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver after laying a country whipping on him for most of the match.
Performance: Duncum B, Rotundo C+

Dusty Rhodes appears wearing a neck brace and grabs a house mic. "Sullivan!! Let me tell ya daddy-o, ya can stomp me, ya can punch me, ya can steal muh very best lady! Put ya can’t, I said ya can’t, keep The American Dream down! So be ready to get funky like a monkee if you weel, cause as long as I am breathin, this ain’t ovaah!!"

Kevin Sullivan comes to the entrance of the arena and stares coldly at Rhodes, who beckons him to come join him in the ring. "Your fate, Dusty Rhodes, is like the cold, dark night that brings a man’s demons into his dreams as he slumbers. But you see, to defeat the demon, you must defeat your fears and your fears Dusty Rhodes, are about to take the shape of this man." From behind the curtain Don Muraco appears and joins a grinning Sullivan. "Meet my minion and your fear!"

In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Don Muraco defeated Magnum T.A. in 14:43 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver, using dirty tricks to thwart TA every time it appeared the youngster would rally.
Performance: Muraco B+, Magnum B-

After the match Don Muraco and Kevin Sullivan then proceed to tear into Magnum T.A. giving him a violent shoe leather massage before Dusty Rhodes comes out from the back, neck brace and all, and cleans house, saving Magnum.
Sullivan underperformed

In an exceptional match, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bob Orton Jr. in 16:15 by pinfall after Bobby Duncum accidentally hit Bob Orton Jr. knocking him silly as he tried to interfere on his behalf. Mulligan makes defense number 2 of his Florida Television title and due to Duncum’s blunder, Orton Jr. is through in CFW!
Performance: Mulligan B+, Orton Jr. B-

Show Rating: C (lost popularity in one region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • In the pre-show match Kevin Sullivan shined, Scott McGhee was off his game and Humperdink did some good work despite his crappy chemistry with Bugsy
  • Mike Rotundo took a stunt bump in his match with Duncum
  • Duncum and Dillon have good chemistry, though there were times during Duncum’s match with Rotundo that the match drifted due to lack of psychology
  • Don Muraco debuts his Old School Heel gimmick, it receives a rating of very good
  • Mulligan and Orton don’t click well, but they still got the crowd buzzing and closed the TV show in style

Behind the Curtain:
  • Here we go, Brian Blair is being a jerk and throws a punch at Mike Davis, who then proceeded to kick his ass. I want to send a stronger message so I fine him. No comment from Blair, but it makes Mike Davis happy.
  • Kareem Muhammad appears before the wrestlers court for whining like a girl all the time and bringing the mood down. Gordon Solie finds him guilty and sentences him to shut up and buy a round of drinks, haha, Gordon getting stiff! Kareem improves his behavior
  • Eddie Graham informs me that Jake Roberts was high in his match, dammit!! I have to do something so after testing confirms he is a soft drug user so I fine him as only workers under written deals can go to rehab. There is no reaction from Roberts, so we will see what happens
  • I think it is time to increase broadcast quality to in house for $10,000, plus $7,500 a month and upgrade live event experience to large for $2,000 and $7,500 a month. We are making great money on ticket sales so I can take the hit
  • Dusty Rhodes signs with MACW, but it is only regular PPA and we are his priority
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 3 – January, 1983
Pensacola, Florida
Attendance: 8,150 (sell out)
Rating: 0.34 (260,690)

Pre Show
A pre-show tag to get some work for the jobbers, In a decent pre-show match, Black Bart and Ron Bass defeated Denny Brown and Magnum T.A. in 11:47 when Ron Bass defeated Denny Brown by pinfall with a Piledriver after James J. Dillon interfered and pulled Magnum TA away from the action.
Performance: Ron Bass C, Black Bart C, Magnum TA C+ Denny Brown D-

Main Show
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Bob Roop drew with Les Thornton in 10:00 when the time limit expired, with both Wrestlers scoring near falls at the end and Roop appearing somewhat frustrated.
Performance: Bob Roop C-, Les Thornton D

James J. Dillon comes out smiling pompously at the hissing crowd. "You know, and don’t think I don’t. Bob Orton Jr. was set up, his words were misconstrued by those in charge and that oversight has destroyed a lot of lives. Bob Orton Jr……Well he’s gone, my family The Regulators, devastated at the loss of a brother. And last but not least, Blackjack Mulligan, your life is destroyed too and though you may not know it yet, as quick as you can say drop and give me 20, it will be. Ladies and gentlemen, The Regulators have a new brother in arms and Mulligan, you have a date with destruction, please welcome the newest member of our little family." From behind the curtain the rough hewn, skulking figure of Sergeant Slaughter appears as Dillon breaks into laughter.

Buddy Colt: "Gordon, do you know what this means?"
Gordon Solie: "Indeed"

In a good match, Barry Windham and Mike Graham defeated Elijah Akeem and Kareem Muhammad in 6:50 when Barry Windham defeated Elijah Akeem by pinfall with a Superplex after a wicked exchange of blows with both men mounted on the ropes. Barry Windham and Mike Graham make defense number 1 of their Florida Tag Team titles.
Performance: Windham B-, Graham D+, Muhammad C+, Akeem D+

Sergeant Slaughter is now at the announcing station with Gordon Solie. "Solie, you snap to attention when you see me and all of you out of shape, no spine, worthless maggots, SHUT UP!! In my world, I am not used to waiting for action, I find it and because I also give the orders, I want a match with that no good scum sucking, pile of crap Barry Windham! Now somebody better get out here double time with my contract, and that’s AN ORDER!"

I stroll casually from the back stuffing the crisp wad of newly acquired fifty and hundred dollar bills, courtesy of my new friend James J Dillon and hand the good Sergeant a contract to face Windham at The Superbowl of Wrestling.

As Slaughter marches off, chin in the lead, Gordon Solie reminds the fans that Blackjack Mulligan will also be taking on Bobby Duncum at The Superbowl of Wrestling.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Kevin Sullivan defeated Hiro Matsuda in 15:25 by pinfall with a Double Stomp. Sullivan lands a few good kicks to the ribs after the pin for good measure, before facing the crowd and giving them a diabolical grin. Kevin Sullivan makes defense number 15 of his NWA Florida Heavyweight title.
Performance: Sullivan C+, Matsuda D+

Kevin Sullivan then grabs the ring mic, and calls out Dusty Rhodes. "Rhodes, you move in fear of the darkness, cower at the sight of shadows and cringe at the mere mention of me name. I own your soul Dusty Rhodes and I am calling in my debt, you have hell to pay, so come to me Dusty Rhodes!!" The American Dream appears is immediately jumped by Don Muraco, who was lying in wait to the side of the stage. They exchange blows on their way to the ring and we now have a match as Eddie Graham orders the bell to be rung.

In an exceptional match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Don Muraco in 15:58 when Don Muraco was disqualified after Kevin Sullivan ran in and attacked Dusty Rhodes. It was a terrific toe to toe brawl while it lasted and Rhodes punctuated things by knocking both Muraco and Sullivan through the ropes with Bionic elbows.
Performance: Rhodes A, Muraco B

Show Rating: D+ (lost popularity in one region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Denny Brown was the weak link in the pre-show tag match, Dillon and Bart had good chemistry in this one
  • Slaughter’s Armed Forces gimmick has gotten an initial rating of very good
  • Mike Graham was off his game in the tag match (Likely still sulking like a little girl over getting punished)
  • The Rhodes / Muraco match got the crowd buzzing, though it deserved better color commentary
  • The crowd was not happy as they expected more angles and interviews

Behind the Curtain:
  • Incidents, yes we have them and Brian Blair is at the center of the first again, gassing other workers in the locker room. I slap him on the wrist
  • Black Bart, Mulligan and Bass are giving Eddie Graham a hard time and things get heated. Are you kidding, you’re getting stiff with the owner? Fines all around Bart and Bass are unhappy, Eddie is happy and no reaction from Blackjack, the only smart one.
  • It just gets better, Eddie’s kid Mike is being a selfish prick in the locker room and it puts me in a corner, so I have to fine him too. It annoys him and we now have simmering tension in our relationship. Dad is boss, but I hold the book, wonder how long he wants to hold the tag straps? Our morale is now at 61% by the way, talk about toxic
  • I liked what I saw from Magnum TA, it might be time for a mini push for him
  • Muraco and Rhodes are going to be gold, but the final rating of this show is disturbing as we took a huge hit for not providing enough angles. Plus, every segment was a C- or better!! Point taken that a damn good main event and consistent show mean absolutely nothing if you don’t let Dusty Rhodes talk
  • Rhodes and Mulligan both sign with Mid South (MSW) but thankfully we come first

Superbowl of Wrestling is 5 days away and we now have our full card
Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes – The NWA World Title
Blackjack Mulligan vs. Bobby Duncum
Kevin Sullivan vs. Mike Graham – Florida Heavyweight Title
Barry Windham vs. Sgt Slaughter – Southern Heavyweight Title
Don Muraco vs. Randy Savage
Bob Roop vs. Bugsy McGraw
Soul Patrol (Akeem and Muhammad vs. Brian Blair and Scott McGhee
Magnum TA vs. Jake Roberts

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-17-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:56 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Superbowl of Wrestling 1
Sunday week 3 – January, 1983
Nashville, Tennessee
Attendance: 15,000 (sell out)

Pre Show
No pre-show for this one, but we do have a meet and greet with some of the lesser known talents on the roster.
-

Main Show
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Jake Roberts defeated Magnum T.A. in 12:04 by submission after blatantly cheating, by pulling Magnum’s tights as he held him in a pinning predicament.
Performance: Magnum TA C+, Jake Roberts C

Dusty Rhodes enters the arena to thunderous applause and climbs into the ring, where he acknowledges the crowd. "Nashville!!! And y’all know what Ted Nugent says about Nashville, mmm, mmm, mmm. But The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, he ain’t here to talk about little bitty kitty cats, if you weel. The American Dream is here to talk about this evenin’ right here in this ring daddy! It’s going down Ric Flair, and as sure as I am preachin’ to the good people of Tennessee, out here sippin’ on shine and lookin’ mightee fine, if you weel. Tonight Ric Flair, The American Dream will be lookin’ mightee fine too, once I have tha N-Dubbya-A World Title Belt…..Right here, on this sexy, sexy waist, have mercee!"

In a decent match, Kareem Muhammad and Elijah Akeem defeated Brian Blair and Scott McGhee in 11:17 when Elijah Akeem defeated Scott McGhee by pinfall with a Piledriver after Oliver Humperdink interfered. Kareem Muhammad carried the match in terms of in-ring work.
Performance: Muhammad C, Akeem D+, Blair D, McGhee D

A 2001 space odyssey blares over the PA system and the man himself appears. Ric Flair struts to the ring, resplendent in an Armani suit, and responds to Dusty Rhodes eloquent musings from earlier. "Rhodes, you talk about yourself….in the third person, like you’re some kind of legend. The American Dream you call yourself! Well let me tell you something Rhodes! That name, and I mean the dream part, sums it up perfectly for you my friend! See, you can dream about drinking moonshine, chewing tobacco, and listening to Merle Haggard Jr. with the rest of these filthy rednecks. But I live in reality, and the reality is….I drink the finest champagne, wear the finest clothes and date the finest women, five at a time, by god!! So while you have your dreams Dusty Rhodes!! I’ll have my limousines, jet planes, caviar and a pocketful of tickets to space mountain for the ladies!!! And most of all, when I leave the arena tonight with these $600 Alligator shoes leading the way" Flair holds up his belt "I’ll still have this, Woooooooooo!!!!"
Rating: A

In a decent match, Bob Roop defeated Bugsy McGraw in 10:31 by pinfall after spiking him in the center of the ring with a Piledriver in a match the lifted the crowd.
Performance: Roop C, McGraw D-

In an exceptional match, Randy Savage defeated Don Muraco in 6:59 by submission with the Asiatic spike in an intense brawl that spilled onto the floor and sent ringsiders scattering.
Performance: Muraco B, Savage B+

We have a short intermission and a video plays hyping the upcoming match between Blackjack Mulligan and Bobby Duncum.

In a superb match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Mike Graham in 16:16 by pinfall with a Double Stomp after viciously raking his eyes and landing a low blow. Kevin Sullivan makes defense number 16 of his NWA Florida Heavyweight title. Sullivan kneels after the win and extends a single hand to the sky as his eyes roll back, causing one old lady in the front row to produce a bible from her purse.
Performance: Sullivan B-, Graham C-

As Graham regains his feet, Sullivan is snapped out of his trance like state and lays into his vanquished foe, leaving him face down in the middle of the ring.

In an exceptional match, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Barry Windham in 17:55 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after blatantly cheating by nailing Windham with a foreign object he had stashed in his tights. Sgt. Slaughter wins the NWA Southern Heavyweight title. This match calmed the crowd as we head into our final two matches.
Performance: Slaughter B-, Windham B-

Dusty Rhodes is walking backstage when he stops, almost as if he feels someone is watching him. He looks around, doesn't see anyone, and so continues into his dressing room. Seconds later, a shadowy figure emerges from hiding and runs off, though the camera does not get the persons face.

In an exceptional match, Blackjack Mulligan drew with Bobby Duncum in 7:34 following a double disqualification as the hatred these two have for each other boiled over immediately. The referee was left with no choice as they both threw him over the top rope as he tried to effectuate a break.
Performance: Mulligan A, Duncum C+

A montage of clips is shown, set to some inspirational 1980's power ballad, showing Ric Flair’s training regimen, which consists largely of him in the company of beautiful women, sipping champagne and dancing.

In an unbelievable match, Ric Flair defeated Dusty Rhodes in 22:29 by submission via the figure four Leglock after interference from Kevin Sullivan, who clocked Dusty Rhodes with a roll of coins as he rebounded off the ropes in preparation of delivering a clothesline the Champion. Ric Flair makes defense number 2 of his NWA World Heavyweight title.
Performance: Flair A*, Rhodes A*
Rating: A

Show Rating: B (lost popularity in one region, WTH??)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Roberts is once again wasted on drugs and it affected his performance (His ass is mine)
  • Dusty Rhodes had the crowd in the palm of his hand with his pre-match promo, he came out of that segment looking excellent.
  • The tag match between the Soul Patrol and Blair/McGhee was poorly placed as the crowd did not need to be cooled down. Doh!
  • Flair improvised well throughout his promo, because he is Flair by god
  • McGraw was tiring in his match with Roop, while Humperdink did good work at ringside for Bugsy
  • Savage makes his debut with his Loose Cannon gimmick, it gets a rating of very good
  • The Mulligan / Duncum match suffered because there was not enough selling
  • Rhodes and Flair have pretty good chemistry and their match really got the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • Incidents, as always, as Kevin Sullivan gets heat with Spike Huber for criticizing his in ring work. I give Sullivan a slap on the wrist, since he is right and Huber needs to thicken his damn skin!
  • As good as it gets at the top of the card and the main event was money, but it still pisses me off that we lost popularity in our home region. I don’t know what more these people want
  • In my post even speech I praise Flair and Rhodes for a great performance and compliment Mulligan on a good performance. All seem pleased and I will surely be looking to bring Flair back in the future
  • Now on to the unpleasant stuff, Magnum TA is annoyed that Roberts was wasted, but when I test him the results come back clean……Something is up here, but I can’t discipline him based on that.
  • Dusty Rhodes again provides an unsolicited opinion about another worker, this time ripping Scott McGhee’s ability. Well, that’s why he is a jobber isn’t it Dusty?
  • The feedback on our first big event is good, which the consensus being that the show was awesome
Old 05-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pretty nuts that show only received a B. Definitely seemed awesome to me.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Pretty nuts that show only received a B. Definitely seemed awesome to me.

Yeah, those last 5 segments built nicely to a great main event I thought. These bastards are too damn fickle
Old 05-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 4 – January, 1983
Tampa, Florida
Attendance: 5,000 (sell out)
Rating: 0.42 (315,300 viewers)

Pre Show
We put on one of the fans favorite, In a decent pre-show match, Blackjack Mulligan won a battle royal in 15:53. The other members of the 'final four' were Black Bart, Bob Roop and Kareem Muhammad, with Black Bart being the final elimination. Black Bart accounted for the most eliminations over the course of the match, with Mulligan ducking a haymaker from Bart and back dropping him over the top rope for the victory.

Main Show
In a decent match, Magnum T.A. defeated Mike Davis in 9:01 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock after controlling the majority of the match, while making the female fans in the studio squeal with delight throughout.
Performance: Magnum TA C, Mike Davis D-

A music video is shown detailing the antics of The Regulators (Sgt. Slaughter, Black Bart, Bobby Duncum and Ron Bass.) as Gordon Solie promotes an appearance on the show by Slaughter later and promises the audience we have "Not seen the last of their ongoing issues with one Blackjack Mulligan."

In a decent match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Denny Brown in 6:44 by pinfall with a Double Stomp after verbally and physically abusing the entire time. Sullivan appeared with dark circles painted under his eyes and shouted random references to the demise of Dusty Rhodes throughout the match as well. Performance: Sullivan B, Denny Brown E

A furious Dusty Rhodes joins Gordon Solie as Sullivan stands entranced in the ring and goes off. "Dis close daddy!!!" Rhodes holds his fingers an inch apart "Dis close!!! The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes was on the verge of greatness, standing, if you weel, Gordon Solie, on the precipithhhhh, of the greatest honor in professional wrestlin!!! I had Ric Flair beat down, daddy!! Then…..Kevin Sullivan added his two cents, no pun intended if you weel. And it cost the American Dream the N-Dubya-A world heavyweight champeenship!!! Kevin Sullivan, when the Devil comes callin this time, his name is Dusty Rhodes!!"

Rhodes starts walking slowly to the ring, when Don Muraco appears and steps between him and Sullivan, who coyly heads back to the locker room. The American Dream and Muraco start to jaw and push each with Rhodes inviting Muraco to join him in the ring! Eddie Graham appears and lets the audience know that Rhodes and Muraco will meet in the main event.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Mike Rotundo in 10:07 by submission with a Cobra Clutch, though Rotundo put up a good fight, angering the good sergeant, which earned him a post match lashing with Slaughter’s riding crop.
Performance: Slaughter C+, Rotundo C

After the match Sgt. Slaughter grabs a microphone and addresses the crowd, as well as the CFW locker room. "All you slack jawed, narrow shouldered, maggots listen up…..that means you snap to attention!!" The crowd starts a small Gomer Pyle chant as Slaughter turns purple and holds his newly won Southern Heavyweight Title up "Shut up you slimy dirt balls!!! You respect and salute me because this belt is only the beginning, I will conquer and control every belt in CFW because I fear no man and I dare any man to put up their title, or titles against me!!!"

On cue, Barry Windham and Mike Graham appear with the CFW Tag Team Titles as Windham grabs a microphone. "You said Titles?? These fans have one thing right Slaughter, you are Gomer Pyle because you are dumb enough to think you took my Southern Title fair and square yesterday at the Superbowl of wrestling, and even dumber to think you can take these belts all by yourself…." Before Windham can finish, Bobby Duncam and Ron Bass come flying out and lay him and Graham to waste as Slaughter joins in the fun. Before the beating can get too severe, Blackjack Mulligan and Bob Roop come out and clean house, making the save.

In an exceptional match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Don Muraco in 15:37 by disqualification after Kevin Sullivan interjected himself into what was becoming a very compelling battle. After the DQ Muraco held Rhodes as Sullivan breaks a bottle over his head, leaving The American Dream bleeding in the ring as the bell rings furiously trying to summon help from the back.
Performance: Muraco B-, Rhodes A

Show Rating: B- (lost popularity in the Southeast, gained popularity in the Midwest)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Blackjack Mulligan’s performance in the Battle Royal really stood out, Elijah Akeem sustained a retracted index finger in the match
  • Mike Davis was really off his game in his match the Magnum TA
  • Sullivan looked excellent in his match with Brown
  • Rhodes was magic on the stick as he usually is, having the crowd in the palm of chubby hand
  • Slaughter was off his game in the match with Rotundo
  • Bobby Duncam and Blackjack Mulligan were the starts of Windham/Graham beat down segment
  • The Muraco / Rhodes match got the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • The boys play nice as I have no pre-show incidents for the first time in…Forever!! Backstage morale rating is still down to 55% though and this continues to be a problem
  • Prior to the broadcast I upgrade all production values to match the highest of any competing feds as we are making money and afford the added expense at this time. I also boost merchandise to optimistic and above average quality.
  • I need to get exposure and waiting almost two years for the Sportschannel America deal for the TV show will kill me, so I sign a deal with KPLR TV to televise the show in the Mid West, then go back to Sportschannel America and make a deal to televise our monthly events for 9 months, which at least gets those out to 5 markets. Just don’t know how wise it will be with no TV buildup in three of those markets, we will see
  • Elijah Akeem’s (Leroy Brown) injury is not that bad and he can work through it
  • Bugsy McGraw needs some time off due to a brutal schedule as his few minutes largely standing around in the Battle Royal seemed to have taxed him.
  • I will now start to build to our big February show, ‘Valentines Vendetta’ which I will look to build around the Rhodes / Sullivan feud, as well as bring in a big name from the NWA alliance for a one off against one of our Champions.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 1 – February, 1983
Tampa, Florida
Rating: 0.40 (304,320 viewers)

Pre Show
In a good pre-show match, Bugsy McGraw, Jake Roberts and Don Muraco defeated Magnum T.A., Bob Roop and Brian Blair in 14:03 when Don Muraco defeated Brian Blair by pinfall with a handful of tights.
Performance: Magnum TA C, Bob Roop C, Brian Blair D+, Don Muraco B, Jake Roberts B-, Bugsy McGraw E

Main Show
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Randy Savage defeated Mike Davis in 9:07 by pinfall after landing the big elbow from the top rope, much to the delight of the crowd.
Performance: Randy Savage B-, Mike Davis D

Sgt. Slaughter is in the ring with a microphone. "Listen up you slimy maggots, and if anybody calls me Gomer, you’ll be doing pushups until your scrawny arms snap!!" Surprisingly the crowd breaks into a Gomer chant. "Shut up you slime balls!!! You’re all just as pathetic as the weaklings here in Florida that call themselves wrestlers. Anybody that wants a shot at the title, step up if you have the guts, because the only glory you worthless sissies will ever have is falling asleep in the Cobra clutch!!! Anybody, I dare you!!!" Slaughter pauses only briefly. "Just as I thought, cowards!!!" He then leaves the ring with the harmonious serenading of Gomer still ringing in his ears.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dusty Rhodes defeated Les Thornton in 8:01 when Les Thornton was disqualified after Kevin Sullivan ran in and attacked Dusty Rhodes yet again, this time trying to choke the very life out of the American Dream.
Performance: Rhodes A, Thornton E+

Rhodes manages to power out of Sullivan’s frenetic attempt to choke him unconscious and a wild brawl commences the see’s chairs overturned and the crowd running for their lives as the two bitter enemies brawl to the back.

Sergeant Slaughter has returned yet again and as Gordon Solie prepares to interview him Ricky Steamboat appears to the crowd’s amazement. "You know Slaughter, I am not a man of many words, because honestly words are often empty promises. So let me just get right to it if I may Mr. Solie. Sergeant Slaughter claims to be a patriot, but patriots are humble, which is a trait this man has lost along the way. So Slaughter, I know at the end of this month there is a big show coming up, so before you can duck out again, I accept your challenge and if we can work it out, I’ll be more than happy to face you at Valentine’s Vendetta and show you what a coward really is!"

Gordon Solie: "Well folks, I think somebody’s dance card just got punched."
Sergeant Slaughter is beside himself as the crowd again begins to sing his favorite tune.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Bobby Duncum defeated Mike Graham in 14:32 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage after catching Graham with a lariat, then promising the crowd that he and his ‘pardners’ are coming for Graham and Windham’s tag titles, and coming for them soon.
Performance: Duncum C+, Graham D+

James J Dillon then produces a signed contract and tells the crowd that ‘soon’ means Valentine’s Vendetta and after that show the tag titles will be one more notch in the belts of ‘The Regulators’

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Kareem Muhammad in 8:57 by pinfall with a Cow Rope. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 4 of his Florida Television title to send the folks home happy as he shakes hands at ringside afterwards and vows to all that will listen that he’ll do whatever it takes to drive Dillon and his ‘vigilantes’ from Florida.
Performance: Mulligan A, Muhammad D-

Show Rating: B- (lost popularity in the Southeast, gained popularity in the Midwest, again)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Bugsy McGraw’s limited involvement in the pre-show 6 man tag hurt the flow of the match and apparently didn’t do much for his performance either
  • Dusty Rhodes was amazing in his match with Thornton
  • JJ Dillon as nails with his ringside work in the Duncum/Graham match
  • Mulligan really stood out in the main event match today, as did the work of Oliver Humperdink at ringside

Behind the Curtain:
  • Before the show Mike Graham is brought before the wrestlers court for being a whiny biatch. Gordon Solie sentences him to shut up or cheer up. And the usual drinks for everyone fine. Graham’s behavior improves
  • Eddie thinks I used Brian Blair too much on the show…..Okay, he was part of the losing team in a dark match, get over it
  • Pretty solid television show overall and we are starting to put things in place for Valentines Vendetta in about 3 weeks.
  • We made a profit of $534,163 in January, not a bad haul and it makes my boosting all our production values up justified, at least in my eyes. I haven’t really given Eddie a chance to complain about it since I gave the approval and this extra cash should distract him a bit longer
  • I really liked the rub of having a guest ‘superstar’ in for the big January event, and I hope Ricky Steamboats time in CFW, will be as profitable as Ric Flairs was at ‘The Superbowl of Wrestling’
  • The Mulligan / Regulators feud has dropped to a C, while Rhodes and Sullivan remain in a solid B in their little ongoing dust up
Old 05-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Really like the Steamboat/Slaughter match. Should be fun.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Really like the Steamboat/Slaughter match. Should be fun.

I really like bringing in a big name for the end of month super shows and there is so much talent in the NWA at this time. The alliance feature has made such a huge difference for this mod.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Superstars on Tour
Thursday week 1 – February, 1983
Greensboro, NC
Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)

Pre Show
In a pre-show bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bugsy McGraw in 7:05 by pinfall with a Lariat in a crazy brawl that gives the fans a pre-show treat. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 5 of his Florida Television title.
Performance: Mulligan B+, Bugsy McGraw D-

Main Show
In a decent match, Randy Savage and Magnum T.A. defeated Kareem Muhammad and Elijah Akeem in 10:36 when Randy Savage defeated Elijah Akeem by pinfall with a quick cradle as Akeem taunted the crowd after hitting savage with a low blow.
Performance: Savage C, Magnum C- Muhammad C, Akeem D+

A video plays hyping Sgt. Slaughter vs. Barry Windham in tonight’s main event, in a rematch for the Southern Heavyweight Title

Jake Roberts makes his way to the ring and has some words for Dusty Rhodes. "The American Dream. What a contradiction in terms, because you see, what manifests itself to one man as the path to Xanadu, reveals its true glory to another man. And that glory Dusty Rhodes, may be no glory at all, but instead a violent and twisted path to eternal damnation. And if you could live in my head Rhodes, you would understand why tonight, I must put you through hell!" Roberts skulks off as half the crowd wonders what the hell he just said.

In a decent match, Bobby Duncum defeated Brian Blair in 6:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver after literally beating him half to death in a complete squash.
Performance: Duncum C, Blair D

Dusty Rhodes appears and after basking in the crowd’s adulation, addresses Robert’s threats. "Jake Roberts, protogeee of one Kevin Sullivan. You are a twisted man and quite frankly and The American Dream will lose no sleep, no sleep at all Daddio, tryin to unnerstand, what hell you are talkin bout!! I don’t know big words, but I know big dreams baby, cuz like everyone of these good people right here, I work hard daddy to buy these cowboy boots if you weel. And The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, will be damned if you or anybody else tries to kick mud on my boots or take food outta my babies mouths!!
Rating: A*

In a decent match, Don Muraco defeated Bob Roop in 15:35 by pinfall by using a hidden foreign object to nearly crush Roop’s windpipe, covering him as he lay writhing on the mat.
Performance: Muraco C+, Roop D

Blackjack Mulligan appears and starts towards the ring, when suddenly the lights go out. When they come back on Mulligan is laying in the aisle bleeding, a dented metal chair lies next to him.

In an exceptional match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Jake Roberts in 10:03 when Jake Roberts intentionally got counted out after eating several straight bionic elbows from Rhodes, the last of which sent him through the ropes to the floor. Roberts leaves the ring area incensed, muttering an incomprehensible incantation.
Performance: Rhodes B+, Roberts C

Blackjack Mulligan is shown backstage with his head bandaged talking to a security guard. The guard extracts the tape from a backstage security camera and hands Mulligan the tape to view.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Barry Windham in 18:26 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after JJ Dillon caught Windham in the back of the head with his shoe as Slaughter distracted the referee. Sgt. Slaughter makes defense number 1 of his NWA Southern Heavyweight title.
Performance: Slaughter B, Windham C

Show Rating: B- (We gained popularity in the Mid-Atlantic region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Mulligan but on another strong showing in his pre-show title defense against Bugsy McGraw, and Humperdink did good work at ringside for McGraw
  • Savage/TA vs. Muhammad/Akeem get the show off to a strong start
  • Jake Roberts enjoyed the freedom to improvise, but despite that his promo sure didn’t get over
  • Rhodes once again does a masterful job of playing to his people
  • The Slaughter / Windham match get the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • Magnum TA and Les Thornton are this week’s guests of Gordon Solie in the wrestlers court. Magnum for moaning about stuff and Les for not picking up his share of the travel costs with his road buddies. TA gets the usual sentence for crimes of this nature, shut up and buy drinks, while Thornton is forced to cover his full travel expenses. The backstage moral is now at a stellar 49%!
  • Brian Blair suffered a cracked tailbone in his match against Bobby Duncum
  • I compliment Dusty, Mulligan and Slaughter on good performances, they all seem pleased
  • Eddie Graham thinks Roberts was high again, and Rhodes is annoyed he seemed high, so I test him and (standard test) and he comes back clean for a second straight time. So, either Graham or Rhodes is out to get Roberts, or he is masking the drugs. If it comes up again I will order a comprehensive test.
  • The show started slow, but finished strong thanks to a solid main event and Mulligan’s work in the last two angles. Pretty happy with this and the Rhodes / Sullivan feud remains strong at a B, despite the fact that they have yet to meet in an official match. This gives me high hopes for when they finally do clash
Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 2 – February, 1983
Tampa, FLA
Rating: 0.41 (307,760 viewers)

Pre Show
Our old standby, in a decent pre-show match, Blackjack Mulligan won a battle royal in 13:43. The other members of the 'final four' were Black Bart, Magnum T.A. and Kareem Muhammad, with Black Bart being the final elimination. Bob Roop got the most eliminations over the course of the match.

Main Show
In a decent match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Spike Huber in 5:31 by pinfall with a Double Stomp after basically beating the hell out of him the entire match.
Performance: Sullivan B-, Huber E
Rating: D+ (Thanks Spike)

As Kevin Sullivan is leaving the arena, Dusty Rhodes is entering for his match and they come face to face. A heated exchange of words escalates into a pushing match and they square up before being pulled apart before they can make contact by Jake Roberts, Bugsy McGraw, Don Muraco, Magnum T.A., Randy Savage and Bob Roop.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dusty Rhodes defeated Les Thornton in 15:04 by pinfall with a vicious Bionic Elbow. Dusty then performs his stardust strut to the delight of those in attendance
Performance: Rhodes B, Thornton D-

Dusty Rhodes then calls on Gordon Solie and grabs a microphone. "Eddie Graham, you pull the strings, the wizard of ozzzz, if you weel. It’s time Eddie Graham, time to give the good people of Floriduh what they crave daddy! The American Dream Dusty Rhodes and the dark one, the evil midget, Kevin Sullivan. In the ring daddy, this month, Valentine Vendetta, and can the good people for Floriduh give me an amen, and a sweet baby jeezusss!" Eddie Graham appears, produces a contract and lets the crowd know they will indeed get their match, at Valentine Vendetta; Sullivan and Rhodes shall meet in the ring.

Blackjack Mulligan enters as Rhodes leaves as Gordon Solie plays a video of the attack from last week in North Carolina and asks him if he had any inkling of who was behind it? "Gordon, I was able to get my hands on a video from backstage before the attack, and never, I mean never….Could I have expected what I saw when I played that video in my VHS machine."

Solie: "Well, I am sure everyone watching would love to know what exactly it was you saw."

Mulligan: "There will be a time and a place for that….And this ain’t it Gordon!" With that Mulligan leaves, as Solie ponders who the mystery attacker could be.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Don Muraco defeated Mike Rotundo in 8:15 by pinfall with a handful of tights, obviously frustrated that Rotundo had kicked out of two earlier pin attempts.
Performance: Muraco B-, Rotundo C

Expressing that frustration, Muraco jumps Rotundo after the bell and proceeds to add insult to injury with a thorough beatdown, leaving just before Dusty Rhodes runs out from the back.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass in 15:26 when Ron Bass was disqualified after James J. Dillon ran in and attacked Barry Windham with his loaded shoe, this time getting caught red handed by the referee. Blackjack Mulligan comes out, but does nothing but stare Bass and Dillon down, before leaving as his son began to regain his senses.
Performance: Windham C+, Bass C

Show Rating: C (Lost popularity in the Southeast and gained it in the Midwest)
Notes from the Booker:
  • The crowd thought the battle royal was overbooked
  • Sullivan looked good in the opener, but Huber was clearly off his game
  • Mulligan did well going off script in his promo
  • In a rare occurrence, Muraco seemed off his game tonight

Behind the Curtain:
  • What the hell, a litany of incidents to review. First off, Blackjack Mulligan is being a jerk, so I give him a stern warning, nothing of not comes from it
  • Next up Black Bart provokes Randy Savage to the point of a fight, so I fine Black Bart, which makes Savage happy
  • Then, Eddie’s son Mike Graham decides he can show up late. We already have tension, so I take the slap on the wrist approach and it produces nothing noteworthy
  • Finally Magnum TA is an hour late picking up his travel partner, I cannot confirm or deny it is Mike Graham, so Judge Gordon Solie sentences him to pay for meals for the next three shows, Magnum promises to improve. I guess the moral is, Let Gordon handle all this crap. We are now at 41% morale, great
  • Spike Huber and Les Thornton are beyond mediocre in their roles, so I start to look for their replacements
  • A less than stellar show, but it was necessary to book as I did as we build toward our big end month February card, Valentine Vendetta.
  • Don Muraco and Les Thornton request time to heal form a grueling schedule. Thornton will get plenty when I cut his ass and I will keep Muraco out of the ring next week
  • Randy Savage will be going on a tour for New Japan. Shouldn’t interfere with anything for us
Old 10-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monday week 3 – February, 1983
Tampa, FLA
Rating: 0.39 (299,970 viewers)

Pre Show
No Pre-show activity this week as we prepare for the big February card.

Main Show
In a superb match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Mike Rotundo in 7:52 by pinfall with a Double Stomp, after rubbing a mysterious substance in his eyes. (May have wasted this match in the leadoff spot)
Performance: Sullivan B, Rotundo C

Kevin Sullivan joins Gordon Solie in the interview area and talks about his upcoming war with Dusty Rhodes. "Gawdon, it’s a fine line between the abyss of eternal damnation and light of world above ground. Dusty Rhodes, you wawk perilously on that line, and at Valentine’s Vendetta, the wicked one, will pull you into the dawk for all eternity."

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Magnum T.A. drew with Jake Roberts in 11:57 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw Kevin Sullivan run in and attack Magnum T.A., and Dusty Rhodes also attack Roberts as the bell was called for with all four men brawling violently.
Performance: Magnum C, Thornton D+

Black Bart to the ring and challenges Barry Windham, "Windham, you don’t know when to leave well enough alone son, you think you gotta stick yer nose into yer daddies business, well I’m taking it upon myself to stick my foot where the sun don’t shine and if I can’t kick yer yella hide, I’ll leave Florida Championship wrestling tomorrow!"

As Bart stands in the ring, Barry Windham strolls out, grabs Solie’s microphone and makes it short and sweet. "Bart, you’re on! You want help packing now, or after I pin your shoulders to the mat." Windham smiles and walks to the back as the crowd gives him a nice ovation.

In an extremely short match, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Joe Lightfoot in 4:30 by pinfall, stomping a mud hole in him, then putting him away with a violent looking Gut Buster.
Performance: Slaughter B, Lightfoot D-

As Slaughter walks to the back, barking orders at the crowd and ordering one out of shape man in a Peterbilt hat to drop and give him 20, as we transition into a video hyping Slaughter’s upcoming title defense against Ricky Steamboat at Valentine Vendetta.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Black Bart in 9:38 by pinfall with a surprise roll up as James J Dillon tried vainly to distract the referee as Bart went to his trunks for a pair of brass knuckles. It looks like Black Bart’s time in CWF has come to an end.
Performance: Windham C+, Bart D+

As the show goes off the air the camera pans to Blackjack Mulligan, who has apparently been watching his son from the crowd the entire time, as he sits emotionless staring at Barry.

Show Rating: C+ (Lost popularity in the Southeast and gained it in the Midwest, as is becoming the norm)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Sullivan improvised well in his promo hyping the match with Rhodes at Valentine Vendetta
  • Jake Roberts was off his game and Eddie Graham thinks he was high again
  • Slaughter injured his shoulder in his squash of Lightfoot

Behind the Curtain:
  • Mike Graham again, this time he comes before the wrestler’s court for pissing and moaning and Solie sentences him to take a bottle of shut the hell up pills and buy drinks after the show for everyone. Miracle of miracles, Graham promises to improve his behavior.
  • On a good note, Dusty Rhodes is passing on tips to Barry Windham on how to improve his psychology.
  • Our locker room rating finally improves a bit, to 44%
  • Black Bart had given his notice pre-show as he says he is unhappy. Fine with me as he is negative (one of many) and hasn’t brought anything worthwhile to the table.
  • I fine Jake Roberts, but I am running out of options as Magnum TA is annoyed at his behavior now too.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Valentines Vendetta
Sunday week 3 – February, 1983
Nashville, TN
Attendance: 15,000 (sell out)
Rating: 0.36 (274,340 viewers)

Pre Show
To get the fans warmed up, Jake Roberts won a battle royal in 15:48. The other members of the 'final four' were Mike Rotundo, Randy Savage and Hiro Matsuda, with Mike Rotundo being the final elimination. Randy Savage got the most eliminations over the course of the match.

Main Show
In an exceptional match, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Kareem Muhammad in 10:12 by pinfall with a Cow Rope. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 6 of his Florida Television title.
Performance: Mulligan B+, Muhammad C

Dusty Rhodes has a microphone and launches into his usual eloquent prose for the crowd. "Sully baby, ta-night, ta-night, TA-NIGHT sweet daddy….me and you, the Dream and Devil if you weel, it’s gonna be a whole lotta pain babeee, you say you come from the darkness Sullivan, well Dusty Rhodes, the American Dream is a shinin’ beacon of hope for da everyman, and ta-night, dat light will shine and light up the state of Tennessee, while Dusty Rhodes lights up your booty daddy!!!"

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Les Thornton defeated Spike Huber in 11:15 by submission with a Boston Crab after blatantly cheating, in a match that calms the crowd that is frothing at the mouth after Rhodes promo.
Performance: Thornton D-, Huber E
Rating: E+

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Bob Roop defeated Rip Morgan in 12:28 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker as Morgan makes his CWF debut.
Performance: Roop C, Morgan D+

Ricky Steamboat gives Solie an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Sgt. Slaughter, expressing his gratitude to the CWF fans for welcoming him for this match and promising to give them his absolute best.

Sgt. Slaughter appears and is enraged at Steamboat. "You no good, rotten maggot!! You waltz in here like visiting royalty thanking the fans of CWF for supporting you? Let me make this absolutely clear you filthy slime, you are not welcome here in CWF! You are an invader and just like the Marines stormed the shores of Iwo Jima and crushed your forefathers, I will crush you, you filthy foreign scum!" Slaughter storms off as Solie wonders aloud if he knows Steamboat is actually Hawaiian.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Don Muraco defeated Magnum T.A. in 17:28 by stoppage when Magnum T.A. was injured and could not continue after a Jake Roberts run in and attack left him writhing in pain holding his knee.
Performance: Muraco B-, Magnum C-

After the bell Muraco and Roberts continue to stomp away on Magnum TA, eventually being driven off by security.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Bobby Duncum and Ron Bass defeated Barry Windham and Mike Graham in 16:19 when Bobby Duncum defeated Mike Graham by pinfall with a Piledriver following interference from Blackjack Mulligan, which leaves the crowd in a state of shock. Bobby Duncum and Ron Bass win the Florida Tag Team titles.
Performance: Windham C+, Graham C, Duncum C, Bass D+

As Windham approaches his father and asks him what the hell is going on, Mulligan waylays Barry with a clotheslines and continues to kick him as Bass and Duncum join in

In an exceptional match, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Ricky Steamboat in 18:02 by count out after being rammed into the turnbuckle, and then held in the Cobra Clutch until he passed out, with Slaughter just sliding back into the ring in time. Sgt. Slaughter makes defense number 2 of his NWA Southern Heavyweight title.
Performance: Steamboat B+, Slaughter C

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dusty Rhodes defeated Kevin Sullivan in 21:41 by disqualification after Sullivan sprayed a mysterious purple mist into Rhodes eyes as The Dream prepared to deliver his finishing elbow.
Performance: Rhodes C, Sullivan C

Show Rating: C+ (Lost popularity in the Southeast and gained it in four other regions)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Randy Savage stood out in the pre-show battle royal, while Brian Blair was hampered by an injury.
  • Mulligan and Muhammad got the show off to a strong start
  • Rip Morgan debuts his bad ass gimmick and it gets an above average rating
  • Muraco was good in the post match beatdown of TA
  • Duncum and Bass have poor chemistry as a tag team, but the Mulligan turn was a complete success
  • Slaughter worked through an injury in his match with Steamboat and it took a toll
  • After all the buildup Sullivan and Rhodes don’t click in ring!! Dammit!

Behind the Curtain:
  • In my post match speech I compliment Mulligan and Steamboat, who are both pleased and tell Rhodes I expect better, which elicits no response.
  • I have a laundry list of moral issues and back stage rating is down to 23%, not good!
  • Dusty Rhodes, Bob Roop and Kevin Sullivan offer their less than flattering opinions on Kareem Muhammad, Spike Huber and Scott McGhee respectively, thanks but I didn’t ask!
  • After all that McGhee comes back as positive for steroids, really jobber? I fire him and it improves his actions, but he now has heat with me. I offer Bryan St. John to take his spot as cannon fodder
Old 10-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #21
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

This is fantastic. I ended up grabbing TEW 16 and downloading the DOTT mod because of your write ups. I played 13 less than the previous ones, but the additions for alliances is franchise changer.

Love how you're handling CWF as well.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
This is fantastic. I ended up grabbing TEW 16 and downloading the DOTT mod because of your write ups. I played 13 less than the previous ones, but the additions for alliances is franchise changer.

Love how you're handling CWF as well.

Thanks, having fun with it, and have some big plans around Blackjack, just wish I had more time to play

Looking forward to the 1980 mod Alveraus is working on, that will be good.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:13 PM   #23
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Thanks, having fun with it, and have some big plans around Blackjack, just wish I had more time to play

Looking forward to the 1980 mod Alveraus is working on, that will be good.

More time to play is the key, and getting involved in something that you can stick with. I've tried my TEW dynasty reports over at the greydog forums, and I can never stick with one because there are too many mods, too many things I want to try, but I've decided whatever I choose next, I'm going to just force myself to stick with it. I might post it on here too, but I already have so many dynasties going on here that I don't know if I want to add another.

I enjoy your stuff too, and I also wish I had more time to play. So many projects, so little time..
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote