Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
He did, yeah.

Alright, I'm loading up King's Bounty - the legend then. I'ma up in the mountains with the Dwarves after delivering the peace treaty and I just took some demon-y castle. I'll be back in an hour-ish.

In the meantime, let's hope that our good duke target is ensconced in crimson or with pointed ears, and barring that, at least not the BG if he's a villager.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #402
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Well JAG, suppose he didn;t duke, now you are forcing teh BG to choose who to block, a revelaed seer or a revealed duke instead of himself and the revealed seer.

If he's not the real duke, the real duke can reveal at any convenient point during the next day and remove that difficulty.

But Autumn's point is well-taken. Probably was the best move after all.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #403
Autumn
Head Coach

My only qualm would be with you telling us who you're duking to, if you actually told the truth. I think the less info in the wolves hands the better. But I am kind of looking forward to CF showing up if you did duke to him. I bet he flips his lid.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #404
britrock88
Pro Starter

Well, I mentioned it at deadline (I think) for that reason.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #405
britrock88
Pro Starter

Also, to be fair in noting that JAG followed me to CF, GE did it, too. But JAG also moved back to me at the deadline...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #406
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, I mentioned it at deadline (I think) for that reason.

Oh good. I wasn't really paying attention to when deadline was I guess.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #407
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If he's not the real duke, the real duke can reveal at any convenient point during the next day and remove that difficulty.

But Autumn's point is well-taken. Probably was the best move after all.

I take that back too Abe. I'm a bit embarrassed at my thought process here, not up to my standards.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #408
Autumn
Head Coach

We're sending JAG back to the minors.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #409
britrock88
Pro Starter

The Narc-style voting table is ready, but I'll wait for the end-of-day actions to color a couple more names.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #410
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I take that back too Abe. I'm a bit embarrassed at my thought process here, not up to my standards.

's ok, it's a bit later than normal.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #411
britrock88
Pro Starter

Okay, going to bed.

Code:
time post voter votee # 22:57 159 Abe mau 1 23:21 168 brit DT 1 09:14 185 DT brit 1 09:26 188 Autumn CF 1 11:55 211 CF mau 2 17:40 265 Zinto Abe 1 17:58 267 Autumn xCF 0 brit 2 18:08 268 CR DT 2 19:18 279 Abe xmau 1 19:23 283 Abe brit 3 19:34 286 mau Abe 2 19:34 287 Zinto xAbe 1 19:53 293 CR xDT 1 brit 4 20:07 297 brit xDT 0 Abe 2 20:11 299 Zinto Abe 3 20:19 303 GE Abe 4 21:05 322 JAG brit 5 21:46 340 mau xAbe 3 brit 6 21:47 341 brit xAbe 2 CF 1 21:49 346 GE xAbe 1 CF 2 21:53 359 JAG xbrit 5 CF 3 22:00 360 JAG xCF 2 brit 6
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #412
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Running late. It has been crazy since i started tonight. I will hope to make time in about a half hour to run the results.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #413
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

back from work. Hey neat! a game of werewolf! One of these days, I'll have to play a game.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #414
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

um.....LOL...okay....
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #415
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

night all

Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #416
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Time has come, you all decide. britrock must be the one. You gather and as you head towards him he tries to claim a role of duke but you ignore him. He must be lying.

Just then you hear. Wait, don't do it. Almost like a voice in your head. You stop to listen.

Not me, you must take out CrimsonFox.

You decide that you must listen to that voice in your head, you can worry about the potential psychological issues later but will listen to the voice THIS time.

You grab him but before you get a hold of him he lunges at GoldenEagle and with a hearty HO HO HO, MERRY F******** HOLIDAY!!!!! GoldenEagle is no more. Then you finish off CrimsonFox, white beard, red hat and all. Nol toys for you this year...

GoldenEagle was the seer role.

CrimsonFox was the Fat Man in Red.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #417
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You wake up the next morning and britrock can no longer be found. You search and search until you find the most gruesome of sights and you learn the definition of overkill. Someone had a major grudge against him.

britrock was the duke roll.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #418
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry for the late results. I think it should start to slow down enough that I can grab a few moments earlier in the night as the week continues.

Unfortunately I decided to start this game the day after being told that I wasn't going to need to go on this trip only to find out several days later that I would be on this trip and I didn't want to see another game get cancelled.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #419
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HO HO HO!
That's THREE HO's!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #421
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, that's a mess. Good call, Britrock. Sucks to lose two roles, but worth it for a baddie, particularly with one block under our belt.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #422
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Presuming you're referring to EF, he said after the Day One deadline that he might not be here at deadline tonight, but would run the deadline as soon as he could.

Wow, this was confusing as I was reading backwards through the thread to see what I missed out on.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #423
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, one down and one to go. Nice work Britrock.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #424
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 1:

Quote:
So here is where everyone's initial votes were yesterday (pre-reveal and DT vote swap to Simbo), assuming GE isn't lying for purposes of below colors for both he and Zinto:

2 Autumn - Abe Sargent (47), Zinto (78)
3 DaddyTorgo - Autumn (49), Chief Rum (84), GoldenEagle (122)
3 GoldenEagle - JAG (50), Simbo Klice (81), britrock88 (98)
2 Simbo Klice - CrimsonFox (71), DaddyTorgo (102),

Day 2:

Quote:
for page 8 reference:

1 mauboy - CF (211)
6 britrock - DT (185), Autumn (267), Abe (283), CR (293), JAG (322), mau (340)
1 Abe - Zinto (299)
2 CF - britrock (341), GE (347)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #425
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Zinto's in green above due to GE's scan, but he could potentially be the sceptic too I suppose.

So at 1-1-1-1 DT-Brit-Mau-CF, CF put a second vote on Mau D2, which gives Mau a bit of a trust boost seeing as there was one sure villager he could've moved his vote to and one in DT that is leaning villager. Autumn had a vote on CF but then moved off and seemed to imply CF didn't seem like a wolf due to his reaction.

If I give Mau a bit of a pass due to CF's vote on him, from DT's list there would be CR and Autumn left.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #426
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck village! Hopefully another game starts up after the holidays.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #427
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Something I just thought of (and I'm hesitant to put this out there after my thought process last night)...

Does it make sense for the BG to reveal who they protected today after tonight's deadline? The only wolf that should be left is an elf which the BG is able to slut if he protects them. So if the BG protects someone other than themselves and there is still a night kill, we can eliminate that player as a suspect. If the BG doesn't reveal who they protected and they die tonight, we won't be able to eliminate that player as a suspect.

I think the only way it wouldn't work is if there's more than one wolf left. I'm not sure how much value a protection is at this point since the numbers are 5-2 (assuming wolf + sceptic or wolf), so two wrong lynches potentially ends the game even if there is a block, though a block with a sceptic + wolf would leave us with a 2-2 situation which might still be winnable.

Now that I've thought through it, I'm not sure about it, but I'm going to put it out there anyway.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #428
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh right, we won't know for sure if the person the BG was guarding was attacked or was the attacker, so I guess that's not very helpful.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #429
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that would still work, JAG. Either the person is an elf, or they've been attacked. No actually, yo'ure right. It seems like that should help but it doesn't. With enough data of nights there might be a way to figure something out, but not from just one or two.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #430
Autumn
Head Coach

Well it's still useful actually, if the BG guards someone and then there is an attack, that person is cleared, right?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #431
Autumn
Head Coach

So yeah, the bodyguard can serve as a semi-seer. If there's no kill we won't know for sure what happened, but if there is one we get a scan.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #432
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Zinto's in green above due to GE's scan, but he could potentially be the sceptic too I suppose.

So at 1-1-1-1 DT-Brit-Mau-CF, CF put a second vote on Mau D2, which gives Mau a bit of a trust boost seeing as there was one sure villager he could've moved his vote to and one in DT that is leaning villager. Autumn had a vote on CF but then moved off and seemed to imply CF didn't seem like a wolf due to his reaction.

If I give Mau a bit of a pass due to CF's vote on him, from DT's list there would be CR and Autumn left.

CF certainly didn't give me much to suspect him on as the day went on. I usually find him squirmy if he gets votes as a wolf. I know when I'm on a wolf team with him he panics as soon as he gets a vote.

I agree that CF's vote on Mauboy looks good, though CF was a voter and may have been thinking second level there.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #433
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Chief Rum vs. Autumn...Chief Rum vs. Autumn...hmmm
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #434
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, and hooray for duking to CF! That worked out hella well britrock - nicely done!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #435
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So yeah, the bodyguard can serve as a semi-seer. If there's no kill we won't know for sure what happened, but if there is one we get a scan.

Right, unless there is more than one wolf.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #436
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Leaning towards Autumn, but part of me thinks that's just because he's been more active, so maybe I should lean towards CR.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #437
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Right, unless there is more than one wolf.

If there's more than one wolf left, I quit. I think that would be severely imbalanced. I guess it's possible not all roles are in the game, and we have no skeptic, but htat's not the impression I get from the rules.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #438
Autumn
Head Coach

I haven't examined who to vote for yet, so maybe this will become apparent, but I'm not sure how it got narrowed down to me and CR so quickly. Is this still based on DT's list of people in thread on night one? Or not in thread I guess.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #439
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I haven't examined who to vote for yet, so maybe this will become apparent, but I'm not sure how it got narrowed down to me and CR so quickly. Is this still based on DT's list of people in thread on night one? Or not in thread I guess.

It's served well so far.

I mean don't get me wrong - I can see how it could certainly fail us, and I'm not trying to shut down discussion of other candidates, but it does seem to be one data point for us to look at, combined with the Narcizo-style voting record. In fact, if someone wants to cross-reference the two and see if any conclusions can be drawn, or look at just the Narcizo-style thing and suggest alternatives, I'm open to it.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #440
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I tend to agree with you Autumn that there's probably not another wolf and there is a sceptic, I just am not sure what happened N1.

I haven't gone back to look at the deadline yesterday, but we know whoever the other wolf is was around because Britrock was killed and CF wasn't around at deadline. The other wolf had to have put in that order.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #441
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Autumn/Abe/Chief/JAG/Mau are the 5 uncleared, right?

-Of those, JAG and Mau made the late moves onto the duke to join the pile.
-Didn't brit say something right before deadline about CF & JAG. I need to go back and look, but that might actually make me feel better about JAG if I remember it right, because that would be an unlikely wolf play.

How do I personally rank those names (in descending order of trust)

Abe
JAG

Mau (based on JAG's analysis in #425)

Autumn/Chief Rum

Based on this and what JAG said, I think maybe I lean toward Autumn, as he moved his vote off of CF and implied he didn't seem like a wolf.

Just trying to organize my thoughts.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #442
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tend to agree with you Autumn that there's probably not another wolf and there is a sceptic, I just am not sure what happened N1.

I haven't gone back to look at the deadline yesterday, but we know whoever the other wolf is was around because Britrock was killed and CF wasn't around at deadline. The other wolf had to have put in that order.

This also leads me towards Autumn.

The evidence seems to be trending in that direction...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #443
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Or CF was around and staying out of the thread. I'm not crazy about how we seem to be putting so much weight on this stuff this game. That's why I worry about paying much attention to DT's list. Maybe the wolves just screwed up the order in the last minutes. If DT, or anyone else on the list, was a wolf they'd know that and be happy to propagate that theory. It wouldn't be the first time a wolf used a screwup to lead the village away.

So I'm going to look at everyone, but I need to do some reading. I just wish we'd focus on posts and votes and vibe, not presence in thread.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #444
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
that's some reasoning there...

VOTE SIMBO KLICE

Reading back through day one. One thing I like about DT is that with his neck somewhat on the line, he went with Simbo, who wasn't really a candidate at that point. First level is he's not overly worried about his own neck. Could be second level, trying to make it look like he's not worried, but you know.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #445
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Or CF was around and staying out of the thread. I'm not crazy about how we seem to be putting so much weight on this stuff this game. That's why I worry about paying much attention to DT's list. Maybe the wolves just screwed up the order in the last minutes. If DT, or anyone else on the list, was a wolf they'd know that and be happy to propagate that theory. It wouldn't be the first time a wolf used a screwup to lead the village away.

So I'm going to look at everyone, but I need to do some reading. I just wish we'd focus on posts and votes and vibe, not presence in thread.

We're not just focusing so much on that. It's useful in the case of last-minute reveals though, which unfortunately we've had a couple of this game, as we've picked out roled villagers on our two nights.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #446
Autumn
Head Coach

And actually I like his moves the rest of that evening too. HE doesn't seem overly concerned with his safety.

Unfortunately there's not much to read on anyone else who's still up for suspicion in that evening.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #447
Autumn
Head Coach

I got through page 5. But I do actually have to work. Leaving this here so I remember where to pick up.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #448
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mornign all.

Look like we did well yesterday!!! Let me get caught up on everything else, but so far, this game has been pretty smooth sailing for us. Let's find the Elf and wrap thi thang up!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #449
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, he's been a bit quieter than usual, he's on DT's short list, which has worked so far, so let's

Vote Chief Rum

Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #450
britrock88
Pro Starter

The carnage!

Oh, wait, I was part of it... Good luck, believers!