My list:
Zelda Wii U
No Man's Sky
Code Name: Steam
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Monster Hunter 4
Tales of Zestiria
Pillars of Eternity

Also the consumer version of Oculus Rift should be out this year which I'm very much looking forward to. Has anyone tried the devkits?

NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to Star Citizen.

The best PC games of 2015 and 2014 | PCGamesN
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
mckerney
Coordinator

My most excited for list.

1. Persona 5 - Currently playing Persona 4: Golden and at 60 hours in it's one of my all time favorite RPGs.
2. Zelda Wii U - New Zelda + the roll Nintendo has been on putting out great games on the Wii U, can't wait.
3. The Witcher 3 - Was near the top of my 2014 most anticipated list, even more excited. Wish Triss was the second playable character instead of Ciri, but still my favorite western RPG series in recent years.
4. Xenoblade X - Will probably play the first Xenoblade once I get a New 3DS, but from everything I've heard about the original and what's been shown this looks great.
5. Pillars of Eternity - Also from 2014 list, Obsidian + classic CRPG should be a can't miss.
6. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - And another from my 2014 list.
7. Persona 4: Dancing All Night - I'll probably pick up anything that's staring the Persona 4 cast, even a rhythm game for the Vita.
8. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M - Tom Sawyer + Abe Lincoln + Fire Emblem vs. Aliens.
9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Haven't played before but everything I've read about it has me excited for it.
10. Star Fox - More Nintndo.
11. Saint's Row IV: Gat out of Hell

12. Torment: Tides of Numenera - More classic CRPG!
13. Satellite Reign - More Kickstarter!
14. The Division - Last one from my 2014 list, the original trailer still has me interested in concept.
15. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Love/hate relationship with MGS series probably continue with this one.

Also new episodes of Kentucky Route Zero, Game of Thrones and Dreamfall Chapters along with part 2 of Broken Age. Bloodbourne would be up near the top of the list if I planned on getting a PS4 this year.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-01-2015 at 03:05 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Buccaneer
Head Coach

For the PC, the only thing I got to look forward to this year is Assassin's Creed Rogue.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
Edward64
Head Coach

Here's another list.

Best PC Games Of 2015 | Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Part 2
Old 01-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Of games coming out in 2015 the three games I know I will be buying the first day are Zelda and Starfox for Wii U and FIFA 16 for PS4. Not really sure what else is coming out in 2015 but I'm sure there's tons of good stuff that I will buy.

Last edited by bigdawg2003 : 01-01-2015 at 08:55 PM.
bigdawg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
RainMaker
General Manager

There isn't much that has me excited. I'll pick up The Show 15 I guess. Witcher 3 seems up my alley despite never playing the previous games. I'll also be all over Just Cause 3 if that gets released this year.

There will be some indie titles I try based on recommendations here and I'm sure I'll enjoy them. But I guess I'll just be getting caught up on titles already released like Last of Us (which I haven't played). And playing titles like Football Manager and Civ V that are just part of my gaming routine at this point.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

As much as I dig it, looking at this list the 8-bit/retro stuff is really being done to death now.

Only games I'm really excited for are No Man's Sky and NBA 2K16.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So... Buy.com is selling new Wii U's with Mario 3D and NintendoLand for $270 (inc. shipping). I'm very, very tempted. I haven't been all that into the Wii or Wii U (or the PS4 of XBox1 to be honest), but this sounds like a fantastic deal and some of the Wii U games seem fantastic... I'm close to pulling the trigger, but what have y'alls experience been with the console?
Old 01-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #10
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I are looking forward to Yarn Yoshi. I'm looking forward to the new Uncharted game, which will hopefully have a nice bundle so I can get into the new gen consoles.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #11
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So... Buy.com is selling new Wii U's with Mario 3D and NintendoLand for $270 (inc. shipping). I'm very, very tempted. I haven't been all that into the Wii or Wii U (or the PS4 of XBox1 to be honest), but this sounds like a fantastic deal and some of the Wii U games seem fantastic... I'm close to pulling the trigger, but what have y'alls experience been with the console?

I got a Wii U in September and absolutely love it. As far as non gaming features the Wii U lags behind the other console and Nintendo's digital policies are poor with games being tied to a console rather than an account, but as far as games go Nintendo has been knocking it out of the park lately. I just finished Super Mario 3D World recently and am still playing getting some of the missed collectibles and beating the bonus levels. It's an outstanding game and the level design is basically perfection for a platformer and there's a great variety in level themes. I've also been playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker right now which is just a cute and joyful game. Other than that Bayonetta 2 is one of my absolute favorite games of all time, Hyrule Warriors is loads of fun, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is an incredibly difficult and rewarding platformer, Windwaker HD is phenomenal and I still need to get to Monster Hunter 3, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and ZombiU. And then there's Smash and Mario Kart which I haven't picked up yet.

I'd highly recommend it as even though it doesn't stack up to the other current gen consoles in specs or features the PS4 and XBox One are both far, far behind Nintendo's library of games on the Wii U.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Cool! How is the Virtual Console? That intrigued me as I missed out on the classics the first time around (I had a Sega Genesis)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #13
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Cool! How is the Virtual Console? That intrigued me as I missed out on the classics the first time around (I had a Sega Genesis)

I've only played one game from the Virtual Console so can't speak too much to it. I played The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and played it entirely on the gamepad instead of the screen and will probably play Link to the Past for the first time once I finish a few other games. It does come with the downside of other eShop titles that it's tied to the console rather just your Nintendo account, so that is something to consider with it.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #14
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

That is annoying. Hopefully they improve that when they are coming out with their next console... but that's what... 2+ years from now at least?
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
GTA V for PC pushed back two more months.

PC version of Grand Theft Auto V pushed back to March | Ars Technica
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, I ended up getting the Wii U - getting addicted to Super Mario 3D World. I never thought that I'd be this enamored with a Mario game, but the 3D really opens up some fascinating stuff!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #17
mckerney
Coordinator

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is up on Kickstarter and is funded at almost $350,000 on its second day. I'm in for more after Dragonfall.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Btw, I ended up getting the Wii U - getting addicted to Super Mario 3D World. I never thought that I'd be this enamored with a Mario game, but the 3D really opens up some fascinating stuff!

Still can't say enough good things about 3D World, it's up there add one of my all time favorite games. I've still been going back and playing after beating the main game, switching up between going back with Rosalina and getting stars and stamps I'd missed and playing the incredibly difficult bonus worlds.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #19
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Shadowrun: Hong Kong is up on Kickstarter and is funded at almost $350,000 on its second day. I'm in for more after Dragonfall.

I have backed it!

I am in the middle of Dragonfall right now and I'm enjoying it.

Speaking of Kickstarters...

Pillars of Eternity just announced its release date: March 26, 2015
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #20
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My wife and I have had a lot of fun with the wii u. It's amazing how an apparently underpowered machine can kick out bright graphics, fun/challenge for my wife and I, while being good for get togethers and with our nieces.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #21
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Still can't say enough good things about 3D World, it's up there add one of my all time favorite games. I've still been going back and playing after beating the main game, switching up between going back with Rosalina and getting stars and stamps I'd missed and playing the incredibly difficult bonus worlds.

Yeah, I can see going back and especially playing with other characters. I've just been playing with Mario mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
My wife and I have had a lot of fun with the wii u. It's amazing how an apparently underpowered machine can kick out bright graphics, fun/challenge for my wife and I, while being good for get togethers and with our nieces.

I do think Nintendo royally screwed up with the Gamepad (and apparently the hardware, while underpowered for this generation is also kind of a pain to program for for 3rd parties), but they have quite a great stable of first and second party games. I do know when the system first came out there was hardly anything for it, but for those gamers who aren't all that enamored with 1st person shooters, I think Wii U is pretty good (though I do miss the sprawling RPGs).
Old 01-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #22
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I can see going back and especially playing with other characters. I've just been playing with Mario mostly.

I typically randomed every couple levels though fire going back I choose Rosalina because she's a bit easier to use, age has a spin attack with no power up active that can also be used as a mini double jump so she's great for reaching out of the way collectibles and safely defeating enemies while searching the level.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
(though I do miss the sprawling RPGs).

Old 01-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #24
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I do think Nintendo royally screwed up with the Gamepad...

Why do you think that? We got a Wii U for Christmas and the gamepad seems really cool. It's like an advanced version of the Dreamcast controller which I also thought was an awesome idea.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #25
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

They're selling Super Mario Galaxy 2(wii game) for $10 in the eshop right now which is an insane deal. The only thing holding me back is that I have a physical copy of the game that I paid a lot more for.

Now if Metroid Prime Trilogy is also $10 in a couple weeks...
Old 01-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #26
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
They're selling Super Mario Galaxy 2(wii game) for $10 in the eshop right now which is an insane deal. The only thing holding me back is that I have a physical copy of the game that I paid a lot more for.

Now if Metroid Prime Trilogy is also $10 in a couple weeks...

I have discs for all those games but this does remind me I should play them soon.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #27
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nice. Though I mean things like Fallout... so I guess I meant sprawling 3rd party RPGs... I know Zelda will be sprawling as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Why do you think that? We got a Wii U for Christmas and the gamepad seems really cool. It's like an advanced version of the Dreamcast controller which I also thought was an awesome idea.

It's fine for playing without using the TV (the 480p screen is annoying though), but using a regular controller, such as the the XBox 1 and PS4 have, which Nintendo does sell (and works well) would have worked better as included in the console. It would have decreased price, first of all. Secondly, I'd rather have a controller that doesn't need to sit on the charger every time I'm not playing because it only has a 3 hour battery.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #28
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Seeing more and more of these types of articles from online media. Really hope we see this trend start moving back the other way sooner rather than later.

How You Can Help Put a Stop to Broken Games - IGN
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Seeing more and more of these types of articles from online media. Really hope we see this trend start moving back the other way sooner rather than later.

How You Can Help Put a Stop to Broken Games - IGN

I'd love to think that was true, but with all the kickstartin' and early-accessin' going on as well, it's hard not to think that maybe we're just entering a golden age of paying for half-broken games.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #30
Groundhog
Coordinator

I really want to play a few Nintendo titles but realistically I don't think I'll ever buy another Nintendo console.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #31
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I really want to play a few Nintendo titles but realistically I don't think I'll ever buy another Nintendo console.

Sadly, this has pretty much been my take on Nintendo since 1990.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #32
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I'd love to think that was true, but with all the kickstartin' and early-accessin' going on as well, it's hard not to think that maybe we're just entering a golden age of paying for half-broken games.

It's not so bad because a lot of the offers seem to be coming in with lower prices than normal retail. Once early access and kickstarting start to get to full retail prices then it'll be like when movies starting putting commercials in before screenings. What I'm getting at is I think it's ok to have some monetary incentive (discounted price) to back half finished or early access games. There is a risk there, the consumer knows it and they get compensated for it. When it will really suck is when that monetary incentive goes away.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:29 AM   #33
Edward64
Head Coach

http://www.wargamer.com/news/8661/sid-meier's-starships

Quote:
From all time great Sid Meier a new turn-based strategy game is launching later this year on PC, Mac, and iPad.

A trailer video is available on Youtube here Sid Meier's Starships - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

More news as it becomes available.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #34
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
It's not so bad because a lot of the offers seem to be coming in with lower prices than normal retail. Once early access and kickstarting start to get to full retail prices then it'll be like when movies starting putting commercials in before screenings.

There's probably a fancy economics term for that behavior, but I think of it as the Food Truck Effect. When the food trucks first hit it big here, a big part of the attraction was based on the low cost relative to going to a restaurant....but then once food trucks settled into the culture they all raised their prices to restaurant levels, then restaurants raised their prices in response, the food trucks followed suit again, and now you're going to pay $10 for a hamburger, regardless of whether you want to eat it a table, or in a parking lot.

Early Access in particular seems to give developers a bit too much of a crutch, where they can essentially release a product that is expected to be buggy and unplayable, and then charge folks to test it for them. On the one hand, I love the idea of making it easier for indie developers and projects to get off the ground, but it seems like plenty of less-than-needy studios have used it simply as a way to monetize the testing phase of development, at the cost of their customers.

If that resulted in games generally being much more robust and higher quality upon release I might have a better view of the process, but that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case, as of yet. Likewise my personal experiences with early access stuff has always been disappointing because my attention span is short and limited, and playing 3/4 of a game for weeks/months effectively kills my interest in the game by the time it gets a full release, despite the fact the developer and I both expect the opposite at time of purchase.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #35
mckerney
Coordinator

Quantic Dream Teasing a New Indigo Prophecy? | Hardcore Gamer

I would live a remake of this game where the second half was redone not to be about a super powered zombie who fights the embodiment of the internet before having weird and awkward dead person sex with the detective investigating him for murder in the abandoned subway platform that's home to hobos that are actually part of a worldwide network of spies. Fahrenheit has an absolutely brilliant opening, is pretty good for about two thirds of it until David Cage really started David Cageing around and the story went completely off the fucking rails.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #36
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, great deal on Walmart.com - Super Smash Bros for Wii U for $41:

Super Smash Brothers (Wii U) - Walmart.com
Old 01-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #37
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Amazon just matched:

Amazon.com: Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo Wii U: Video Games
Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #38
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Never really played much Smash before but decided to pick this and a Kirby Amiibo up at this price.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #39
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

One month to go. Pretty excited about this release. There's a LOT more violence in the trailer than I expected.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #40
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

gog.com has added more Star Wars games recently, including X-Wing Alliance(imo a must buy for Star Wars fans), Galactic Battleground, and more!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #41
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
One month to go. Pretty excited about this release. There's a LOT more violence in the trailer than I expected.

Yea, pretty curious to see if this is a huge hit or a huge miss. Hoping it's the former because I saw that trailer yesterday and couldn't help but drool.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #42
RainMaker
General Manager

The Order looks cool but not sure if it's a launch day purchase for me. I've been fond of buying games 6 months to a year after release for half the cost.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #43
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Yea, pretty curious to see if this is a huge hit or a huge miss. Hoping it's the former because I saw that trailer yesterday and couldn't help but drool.

I thought the reveal trailer looked cool, but nothing I've seen since then has made it look appealing.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #44
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

I'm a big fan of Uncharted and this appears to have the same type of feel with a lot of cinematic parts to it. I'm excited to see how that plays out. This latest trailer reminds me a lot of Uncharted, albeit in a different setting.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Homeworld Remastered Edition

Thoughts about the remakes of the late 90s earl y 2000s game?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #46
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Nice list of free games for February on PS+.

Transistor, Yakuza 4 heading to PlayStation Plus next month | Joystiq
Old 01-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #47
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Crazy stuff going on over at APEX 2015. It's a big fighting game tournament held every year with thousands of gamers. Unfortunately, there are some major safety issues that have been reported and the rooms where the tournament is being held has been closed due to safety concerns. The entire event is up in the air at this point as it was due to start today. The worst part is that the event just got Nintendo on-board this year, so it's rough that they have this kind of issue at such a key juncture.

Team Apex (@apex_series) | Twitter
Old 01-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #48
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I think I read that they found a new hotel to go to, so all is well. But that's pretty crazy, to have it fall apart so quickly.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #49
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I think I read that they found a new hotel to go to, so all is well. But that's pretty crazy, to have it fall apart so quickly.

/tk

Pretty impressive what they did. They had players showing up to help load all the TV's/consoles onto trucks and then help unload at the new location. Great stuff and a good bonding situation in that community. Kudos to them.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 PM   #50
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what to think about SM - Starships yet

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote