Suh did something again?

Kicked Alfred Morris in the head.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #252
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Packers coach defends 'kick Chicago's ass' comment | Chicago Sun-Times

As usual some people talked up the comments to be the dreaded bulletin board that would propel the Bears to the win. During the game, Buck decided to castigate those people.

Sounds like Buck was right.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #253
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That was what Dallas did on offense all last year. Not entirely sure what the logic is, but possibly protecting the defense or allowing Romo more time to dissect what is being done defensively.

Last year Dallas had a physical dude who would wear teams out. I don't see that this year. I'm not saying they should play like the Eagles, but they damned well shouldn't play like they are in quick sand either.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Too bad for his domestic-violence-loving ass.

Yeah, I'm all broken up inside too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #255
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

+1

Not sure why Buck deserves the vitriol in this situation.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #256
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I bet Cleveland will be sitting on the slant routes in week 2!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #257
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Cowboys-Giants games are always entertaining...I'm expecting a Cowboys win Sunday night, but it'll probably be close.

Called it.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #258
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Rashad Jennings says that someone told him not to score at the end of the game to let the clock run. Eli also came out and said he thought that the Cowboys were out of timeouts before they really were and the clock stop on the penalty really confused him.

What are the odds that Eli told Jennings not to score? If so...wow. He REALLY blew that game.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-14-2015 at 01:24 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #259
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Listening to the talking heads tell me how great the Cowboys are. But let's be real, this game should have never ever been close, that Giant defense is pretty atrocious. The Cowboys, on a night they clearly weren't in sync most of, rolled up 436 yards of offense.

The Giants offense, is almost as bad as the defense.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #260
TroyF
Coordinator

I forgot about posting this last night, but reading football outsiders made me remember.

How on earth is the kick that started overtime not a 15 yard penalty on the Seahawks? Once you call it a valid fair catch, the guy who made the fair catch was drilled by two Seattle players.

That has to be a 15 yard penalty there.

The announcers were patting the refs on the back talking about how great it was they made the right call and I was losing my mind. No, they didn't make the right call. I know, it's an odd, confusing play. That still should have been called correctly.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #261
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The kick hit the turf to make it bounce up in the air, therefore you can't call for a fair catch.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #262
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Rashad Jennings says that someone told him not to score at the end of the game to let the clock run. Eli also came out and said he thought that the Cowboys were out of timeouts before they really were and the clock stop on the penalty really confused him.

What are the odds that Eli told Jennings not to score? If so...wow. He REALLY blew that game.

Why did the clock stop on the penalty? It was after the play when the clock was running. Shouldn't the clock have been wound when they placed the ball?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #263
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The kick hit the turf to make it bounce up in the air, therefore you can't call for a fair catch.

Ball never hit the turf.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #264
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Why did the clock stop on the penalty? It was after the play when the clock was running. Shouldn't the clock have been wound when they placed the ball?

It was less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd half, so that's why the clock didn't restart.

NFL Rules Digest: Timing

Quote:
With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal
Old 09-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #265
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Ball never hit the turf.

It hit immediately after he kicked it. You can see him it the top of the ball to make it get a bounce off of the turf right in front of the tee.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #266
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd half, so that's why the clock didn't restart.

NFL Rules Digest: Timing

Doesn't apply to the quote.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #267
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Doesn't apply to the quote.

You asked why the clock stopped on the penalty. That was the reason why.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #268
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It hit immediately after he kicked it. You can see him it the top of the ball to make it get a bounce off of the turf right in front of the tee.

There is a much better angle. It doesn't hit the turf. Though the fair catch signal was a bit questionable, I have seen signals like that being called invalid in the past on punts.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #269
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
There is a much better angle. It doesn't hit the turf. Though the fair catch signal was a bit questionable, I have seen signals like that being called invalid in the past on punts.

Yeah, I saw another angle that was much clearer. I rescind my previous statement of it hitting the turf first.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #270
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
How on earth is the kick that started overtime not a 15 yard penalty on the Seahawks? Once you call it a valid fair catch, the guy who made the fair catch was drilled by two Seattle players.

That has to be a 15 yard penalty there.

I was wondering that too, Troy. They just drill the guy laying on the ground with no call.

Chalk that whole sequence up to just Triplette being Triplette.

Last edited by Butter : 09-14-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #271
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Chalk that whole sequence up to just Triplette being Triplette.

He is just the worst.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #272
Butter
Coordinator

Relevant.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #273
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

Edit: might still be of Service to some, so i will simply leave the gif
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-14-2015 at 02:55 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #274
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So the LOL Giants gets worse as the RB said he was told not to score on first or second down, because the Giants misread the amount of timeouts the Cowboys had.

It doesn't say why the Giants gave the Cowboys ANOTHER clock stoppage with the pass on third down.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #275
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The time out thing is interesting, because it allowed the Cowboys to benefit from a declined offsides call on the first-down pass to the 2. Without that, we don't even have this discussion. I can see why the Giants assumed the Cowboys were out of time outs.

The rules are specific - the clock stops. What's interesting in this case is that it sets up a situation where the defense should always commit a foul when the offense gets a first down and the clock is more important than the scoreboard.

I think the rules should be changed in this instance, but it was apparently called correctly.

Coughlin should have stopped smacking his gum long enough to know the rules better than I do and realize that the field goal was of limited value and that 40 seconds was everything.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #276
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Just my reaction to Buck tell people that it was not a big deal given the rivalry but losing his mind over the Randy Moss fake mooning incident.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #277
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Just my reaction to Buck tell people that it was not a big deal given the rivalry but losing his mind over the Randy Moss fake mooning incident.

You might be reaching abit.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #278
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

You are probably right. I have held that incident against Buck ever since.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #279
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I think he's cool with that reference until we officially reach the 11th anniversary of that incident. After that though, he needs to cut him some slack.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #280
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with the last line. . . but they didn't call him for an invalid fair catch signal. They originally called that when they thought the ball hit the ground. They then waived off the flag. They SAW the fair catch signal because they made the original invalid call.

If they thought it was invalid, they should have stuck with their original penalty. If they believed it to be valid, two Seahawks who hit him should have caused a 15 yard roughness penalty.

I agree, it's Trippliet being Tripplit, but damn that was some bad reffing on that play.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #281
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The time out thing is interesting, because it allowed the Cowboys to benefit from a declined offsides call on the first-down pass to the 2. Without that, we don't even have this discussion. I can see why the Giants assumed the Cowboys were out of time outs.

The rules are specific - the clock stops. What's interesting in this case is that it sets up a situation where the defense should always commit a foul when the offense gets a first down and the clock is more important than the scoreboard.

I think the rules should be changed in this instance, but it was apparently called correctly.

Coughlin should have stopped smacking his gum long enough to know the rules better than I do and realize that the field goal was of limited value and that 40 seconds was everything.

The entire sequence was strange.

I HATE kicking the FG on 4th and 1. HATE it. Run the ball and try to end it right there. You miss, Dallas still has to go 70 yards, but that's just to kick a FG to tie it up. You'll have a chance to win in OT.

The entire sequence of events is unacceptable even if they were confused about the rules a little bit.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:22 PM   #282
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The entire sequence was strange.

I HATE kicking the FG on 4th and 1. HATE it. Run the ball and try to end it right there. You miss, Dallas still has to go 70 yards, but that's just to kick a FG to tie it up. You'll have a chance to win in OT.

The entire sequence of events is unacceptable even if they were confused about the rules a little bit.

Not even just those plays but the whole drive they weren't bleeding the clock before the snap. On that play with the three stooges routine with the clock they ended up snapping it with something like 17 seconds left on the play clock. That is seriously on Eli there. I would think even a rookie would know that you run the clock down another 15 seconds there.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #283
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So now Eli is saying that he told Jennings not to score so that they wouldn't give the ball back to the Cowboys.

With less than two minutes left.

And up ten points.

WTF?
Old 09-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #284
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I wanted the Dolphins to take Melvin Gordon.
Why? Lamar Miller seems quite good to me, DeVante Parker looked great in preseason, and coming away with him and Jay Ajayi in the 5th is much better value than any 1st-round RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
If we accept that Hauschka was trying to squib kick it (and it doesn't really look like it from these angles), was Seattle squib kicking all game, that terrified of Tavon Austin, or just choosing that time to make a dumb decision?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-14-2015 at 06:12 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #286
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seattle apparently miss hit the kickoff. AKA he "biffed" if.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #287
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't tell if the Seattle guys were even looking for the ball. My first thought is no. But onsiding suprise style on the OT start would seem to be a pretty good strategy if you can hold opponent to a FG(obviously). Would likely increase your chances of a tie or win by giving you the bulk of the OT clock.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #288
Thomkal
Head Coach

And Cardinal nation breathes a sigh of relief-Ellington not seriously hurt-out 1-2 weeks. It sure would be nice if they could keep a RB healthy for a whole season though,
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #289
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Little Bit hasnt been healthy a whole year since Junior High....but he is a damn good guy

Last edited by CU Tiger : 09-14-2015 at 06:54 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #290
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hands up who had the Rams winning that QB trade after week 1? Bradford looks pretty bad so far.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
If we accept that Hauschka was trying to squib kick it (and it doesn't really look like it from these angles), was Seattle squib kicking all game, that terrified of Tavon Austin, or just choosing that time to make a dumb decision?

He said shortly afterwards that he just flat missed it, totally borked the kick.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #292
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I don't understand why it was so terrible a decision to make the onside kick - doesn't that count as St. Louis's possession for the OT if the Seahawks recover? With a stout defense, I really like that call.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #293
Buccaneer
Head Coach

My son is having a really good fantasy week:
QB Rodgers
RB Hyde
RB Abdullah
WR Jones
WR Edelmann
TE Gronk
TE Maclin
D Seattle
K Gotkowski
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #294
Warhammer
Pro Starter

How in the world does Tripplett still have a job?

I'm with TroyF, once that flag is thrown, it's one call or the other.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #295
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
There appears to be video of Pac Man Jones ripping off Amari Coopers helmet while he was on top of him in the "mount" position as MMA would call it. He then sat the helmet down and rammed Cooper's head into it.

I didn't see that game today. Was it flagged on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

Quote:
But no ejection

That should be an automatic suspension. I'd say it should go 4 games or more, but as I don't think the NFL has a policy on how long they can suspend someone for on field violence, it'll get overturned in court if they don't just fine him 25k.

I'm not sure that this one would get overturned. It is more closely related to Ray Rice than Tom Brady. The offense was right there on video, as opposed to dreamed up by the commissioner.

I'm actually hoping that the referees face some consequences for not ejecting him.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #296
miami_fan
Coordinator

That field goal attempt was the least confident play call Chip Kelly made all night.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #297
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Big time defensive stop. Guess I don't need any nails left.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #298
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Forty-niners look like bloody turds out there.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #299
cuervo72
Head Coach

The heck is wrong with Berman's voice?
Old 09-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #300
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't normally care much for alternate jerseys, the tweeted pic of the Niners new ones that I saw looked pretty sharp IMO