Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #351
RealDeal
High School Varsity

So did Purdue get a chance to do a scan, or was his first chance last night when he was killed?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #352
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

That hurts.. and shatters my "to save purduebrad" theory... sigh...
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #353
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

No scans on Night 0. As I said, it was just a buffer to lead into Day 1.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #354
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Man, I totally missed that! This sucks!!! Did he leave us any clues as to who he scanned last night????
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #355
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
So, AC...did you know that PB was the seer or did you have other reasons for saying you would switch votes to possibily save PB?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #356
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So, AC...did you know that PB was the seer or did you have other reasons for saying you would switch votes to possibily save PB?

Re-read AC's post.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #357
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, with two of our three leading voters from yesterday being dead, either AC is a wolf or we had a lousy, lousy Day 1.

I'm inclined to wait for a little while to see if there is any info forthcoming from night actions/PMs but at some point we need to start working on a direction for Day 2.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #358
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, that's kind of kinky. Didn't Johnny Drama on Entourage have a run-in like that?

That furry episode was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #359
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wow, I didn't *see* that at all until looking back just now. Wolves -- did you guys catch that, or did you just get lucky?

Wouldn't that be great if they answered?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #360
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So, with two of our three leading voters from yesterday being dead, either AC is a wolf or we had a lousy, lousy Day 1.

I'm inclined to wait for a little while to see if there is any info forthcoming from night actions/PMs but at some point we need to start working on a direction for Day 2.

I don't see AC making his post as a wolf. If he was part of the team responsible for offing PB, and knowing that PB is a villager, he has to know that post would point fingers at him.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #361
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wouldn't that be great if they answered?

Yeah -- I figured that it was worth a shot.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #362
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Man, I totally missed that! This sucks!!! Did he leave us any clues as to who he scanned last night????

He wouldn't have known before he was killed most likely.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #363
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I hadn't figured it out until later when I went back and actually looked at the posts he suggested we look at. Good job to the wolves on the pick-up.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #364
path12
Coordinator

So Brad was either the Seer or the Fool (based on Neon's comments about the interesting dynamic between seer/fool I tend to think that both roles were in the game). Bad thing is that looking the roles over I can't see how whoever would be left would be able to tell if they are the real seer or the fool, short of getting a wolf scan.

I think it should be clear that if there is another seer/fool candidate out there that they should stay far away from revealing that unless they hit a wolf or it becomes absolutely necessary due to imminent lynch.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #365
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

a lousy day 1 for me.. I don't think I would be that ballsy of a wolf to target 2 villagers in 1 day...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #366
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was more lamenting the results from Day 1 than anything. I tend to agree with your point that AC would not play the "find the real killers" card knowing what was about to transpire with Night 1 results.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #367
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So Brad was either the Seer or the Fool (based on Neon's comments about the interesting dynamic between seer/fool I tend to think that both roles were in the game). Bad thing is that looking the roles over I can't see how whoever would be left would be able to tell if they are the real seer or the fool, short of getting a wolf scan.

I think it should be clear that if there is another seer/fool candidate out there that they should stay far away from revealing that unless they hit a wolf or it becomes absolutely necessary due to imminent lynch.

Can you help me out? I don't see anything about a Fool.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #368
saldana
Pro Starter

as far as those that think my late switch was suspicious, hopefully the rather crappy outcome of last night will show you why...i tried to wait a little bit after brad gave us all those post numbers...after looking back, i tried to leave some distance in between his post and my changing, since i thought it may have been a little too obvious when all of them were viewed together

sucks badly that the BG didnt pick up on it, but at least we can hope brad wasnt the true seer
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #369
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I was more lamenting the results from Day 1 than anything. I tend to agree with your point that AC would not play the "find the real killers" card knowing what was about to transpire with Night 1 results.

Any thoughts on saldana? His vote switch set off HUGE alarm bells last night, but if we were villager/villager, I'm not sure what to make of it.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #370
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - last post was in response to Pass. I started typing it and then got pulled away from my desk. My reply looks kind of disjointed with all of the other posts between mine and the post I was replying to ...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #371
saldana
Pro Starter

i am going to go ahead an vote on what i considered to be a questionable hit and run vote when it happened, and then even more questionable 2 posts later
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #372
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, if we were villager/villager/villager (including AC in that group with Purdue and Cronin) then there would be no reason for the wolves to move votes around other than to mess with voting record reviews later.

If we were villager/villager/wolf then obviously there would be reason to move votes around to preserve their own.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #373
saldana
Pro Starter

vote antmeister
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #374
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is the info on the fool role:

Quote:
Fool - You think you are a Seer, and will thus be notified that you are a Seer. Each night, you may scan someone to check if he is a Werewolf. You will always see someone as a Villager. When the Seer views you, you will appear as the Fool. When you view a Seer, he will appear as a Fool. When you die, you will appear as a Seer.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #375
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks hoops.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #376
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Saldana, do you mind going over your thought process on the last hour before deadline last night?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #377
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Any thoughts on saldana? His vote switch set off HUGE alarm bells last night, but if we were villager/villager, I'm not sure what to make of it.

pass, whose vote switch are you refering to.....

if you are talking about hoops, i disagree, based upon what was happening in the thread at the time...

brad, hoops, bk, and myself were all kind of loitering in the thread, and when brad posted his references, i went back and saw all the clues...hoops apparently saw the same thing and changed right away...

i waited a bit because i didnt want to bring too much attention to brad by making a big swing, but there was no way i was going to let him get lynched last night....

if hoops were a wolf, he would have just left his vote where it was an let us kill our seer ourselves.

i think the clues were a little too obvious once they were pointed out, so i am acutally surprised PB got killed last night...i would have expected him to be guarded
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #378
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
pass, whose vote switch are you refering to.....

if you are talking about hoops, i disagree, based upon what was happening in the thread at the time...

brad, hoops, bk, and myself were all kind of loitering in the thread, and when brad posted his references, i went back and saw all the clues...hoops apparently saw the same thing and changed right away...

i waited a bit because i didnt want to bring too much attention to brad by making a big swing, but there was no way i was going to let him get lynched last night....

if hoops were a wolf, he would have just left his vote where it was an let us kill our seer ourselves.

i think the clues were a little too obvious once they were pointed out, so i am acutally surprised PB got killed last night...i would have expected him to be guarded

I'm not so sure hoops would have done that -- I think he would have been fine killing the seer at night, especially if he can get a different villager that day.

Anyway, I was asking more about your switch from AC to cronin. You know -- the villager you killed.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #379
RealDeal
High School Varsity

This feels like one of those games where we have no good info, and so we are trying to make something of bad info.

The best info we have right now:

1. There appears to have been some last-minute shifting last night away from AC, but it's not clear that we didn't just have a typical villager/villager situation.

2. Antmeister cast a mildly suspicious hit and run vote last night.

3. Some people clearly figured out Purdue was a seer (or fool). It appears that both wolves and villagers figured it out. I assume that villagers who figured it out may have shifted their votes as necesary; it's not clear whether the wolves left their votes on or shifted away, figuring they could night kill Purdue.

4. The bodyguard didn't seem to read Purdue's hint (don't feel bad, I missed it too).
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #380
RealDeal
High School Varsity

With my usual caveat that I may likely switch my vote, I'm going to vote for AC right now. Two reasons, first it appears that there may have been a move to protect him last night, and second I'd like to start things early and see if we can shake anything out from the reaction. With so little info, I don't think we can start casting votes at the last minute and avoid having another disastrous turn like we did yesterday.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #381
RealDeal
High School Varsity

VOTE ARLINGTON COLT
Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #382
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

The good news is that the first wolf will be dead after tonight. I am the witness and saw Hoops kill Brad
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #383
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Hoops
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #384
RealDeal
High School Varsity

uh ohs we got us a wolfy!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #385
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE ARLINGTON COLT
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #386
RealDeal
High School Varsity

unvote Arlinton Colt

vote Hoopsguy
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #387
RendeR
Coordinator

err....damnit people stop posting for 5 minutes =)

I'l re-evaluate my vote when I get to work. Gotta run.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #388
path12
Coordinator

VOTE HOOPS
Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #389
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not so sure hoops would have done that -- I think he would have been fine killing the seer at night, especially if he can get a different villager that day.

Anyway, I was asking more about your switch from AC to cronin. You know -- the villager you killed.

i think this is a bit harsh, considering how many day one votes end up being a villager vs villager situation, and you voted for the seer

but sure, i will explain....

in post 267 PB voted for AC

post 271, barkeep posts the wrong vote count at the same time i voted for AC in post 272

when i saw barkeeps post, i thought i created a tie, so i unvoted AC and voted cronin, (post 277) thinking that i was breaking a tie, but in fact, was creating it instead.

AC then showed up, and since i was now annoyed at the situation, decided to just let him break the tie himself

you seem to be ingoring the fact that I unvoted the seer and kept him out of the lynch, as he would have lost the tiebreaker, but would rather stress the fact that i was the deciding vote on day 1.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #390
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
The good news is that the first wolf will be dead after tonight. I am the witness and saw Hoops kill Brad

This fits in very well with Brad being the target. He basically was addressing hoops with his reveal post, so it would have been very clear for hoops to know who to target. (I know I didn't get it because I didn't go back through those posts he mentioned).
Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #391
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
This fits in very well with Brad being the target. He basically was addressing hoops with his reveal post, so it would have been very clear for hoops to know who to target. (I know I didn't get it because I didn't go back through those posts he mentioned).

Heh, nice job by the seer in being under the radar: "Hey wolfie, please don't vote for me, I'm the see-er, nudge, nudge, wink, wink"
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #392
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Hoopsguy
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #393
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So let's see, Hoops gets lynched and either

A) NTN tells the truth, Hoops is a non-Wolfling Wolf and we're stoked
B) NTN tells the truth, Hoops is the Wolfling Wolf and we're confused
C) NTN lied and he's lynched next and we're stoked

I'll take my chances.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #394
hoopsguy
General Manager

Kill PurdueBrad? Moi? (look of shock)

This claim is outrageous. NTN, please check your PM again and make sure that you have the correct name. I expect a complete and utter retraction.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #395
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
So let's see, Hoops gets lynched and either

A) NTN tells the truth, Hoops is a non-Wolfling Wolf and we're stoked
B) NTN tells the truth, Hoops is the Wolfling Wolf and we're confused
C) NTN lied and he's lynched next and we're stoked

I'll take my chances.

Yep, it's almost definitely not a play you would make this early in the game unless you were telling the truth. The only way it would make sense is if nt were a wolf and somehow knew that hoops had a really important role, and I don't see that as very likely. If NT were a wolf and thought Hoops had an important villager role, he would just night kill him.

So it's a no-brainer to me, because essentially nt puts his life on the line by doing this.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #396
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Yep, it's almost definitely not a play you would make this early in the game unless you were telling the truth. The only way it would make sense is if nt were a wolf and somehow knew that hoops had a really important role, and I don't see that as very likely. If NT were a wolf and thought Hoops had an important villager role, he would just night kill him.

So it's a no-brainer to me, because essentially nt puts his life on the line by doing this.

Yeah, and the only villager role I'd deem important enough would be the Seer (presuming PB was the Fool). The Herbalist, maybe, but I'd say it's of more value to the Wolves to keep their numbers up.

NTN could be the Cultist, but that seems like a bold way to go about it. Can't rule that out though.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #397
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 10-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #398
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post

Yeah, it's too early to trade off IMO, though if you were going to you'd choose hoops to get rid of. I think I'm going to assume ntn is telling the truth.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #399
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

if ntn's "reveal" is false he will for sure be lynched next week....
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #400
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

dola... sorry i meant next TIME not next week