Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Oct – Coffee in Cartagena

1 Dec –

Expansion Idea #1

I get another colonist! I send it to Massachusetts as the locals here moved away.

I also unlock the next Athenian Idea:

Latin Contracts - -1 unrest nationally

Because of bonus purchasing Ideas, right now I only need little more than 300 ADM power to get an idea rather than the normal 400. With my monthly ADM growth of 12, it doesn’t take me long to get this, and you can expect it to swell quickly and then head for some more Ideas.

28 Jan, 1516 – The next exploration has concluded. Another launches from Mauritius

2 Feb – I send a gift to Kilwa

11 May – Bosnia have DOWd Venice

Hmm

I currently have two Cardinals in the Curia in Verona and Venezia. I have a ton of Papal Influence from conversions and such. I invest some of it right now, and my chance of controlling the next papacy is 30%.

1 June – Tunis raids me again

1 Sept – I get a Native Assimilation in Cartagena

27 Oct – I purchase Angoche from Kilwa

1 Dec – The next exploration heads out

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

27 Feb, 1517 – We catch spies from Milan and oust them

2 May – My King gains Midas Touched and that will bump up tax revenue a lot

1 Sept –

MIL TECH 9 – I can improve my infantry to a new type.

Here an interesting event that just happened:

Here you go:

You can see the Angoche holdings with its Ivory there as well as the offer I have from a local Kilwan to give me an improved monopoly. If I take it- Angoche moves to Slaves, and gains 2 production, gest +5 production and trade income and some bonuses to institutional spread as well.

Do I want to do that? If Angoche were a lower level trade, like Fish, then sure, I’d do it. But Ivory? It’s a valuable holding. 2 free production increases are nice though. I decline

20 Nov – I oust an agent of the Ottomans

22 Jan, 1518 - The Ottomans announce us as their new rival

1 Feb – Ile de Bourbon is good for growing sugar.

1 May – Massachusetts is good for Tobacco creation

5 Sept – I get Expansion Ideas #2 and I get a new Merchant. I send it to Alexandria to enhance our trade collections in Venice

1 Oct –

Cartagena – 9 development, Jungle, Coffee is grown here, natural harbor, tropical, Tuscan, Catholic, they make 0.14 for us right now as I have not made it state.

This was important to take as it was valuable real estate and clearly a good starting location for expansion further. Most nearby places have low value.

My next target is in North America near Massachusetts – Androscoggin, with its high tax base, I want to pull it off the map as a tempting target for Danish expansion and such in the area.

16 Nov – I get a native assimilation event in Massachusetts and it grows by 100

19 Dec – Another expedition concludes, and another is dispatched

Old 10-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

4 Jan, 1519 – Sofala grants us military access, and I send my 2000 troops in Quelimane exploring in with a Conquistador I just picked up

15 May – Bosnia has annexed the last of Venice – they are off the map

16 Sept – We begin to annex Cyprus into the great Athenian Thassalocracy

12 Feb, 1520 – The Reformation is spreading out and now Reformed folks are joining the queue

8 April – Our next scouting expedition has returned and another comes back to us

1 August –

Massachusetts – 12 development, Tuscan catholic, Not a state, the make just 0.27 in the tobacco trade, and there is a natural harbor here in these woods.

My next colonial target is Sumbawa in the Indies.

28 Sept – Another colonial expedition heads out after the explorer returns

1 Nov – MIL TECH – 10 I can now build better artillery

Old 10-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1521 –

Ile de Bourbon – 12 development, island near Mauritius, this is in a state due to how wealthy they are, I order a Workshop here, 1.01 made for us monthly, with a Tuscan Catholic folks working the Sugar trade.

My next target is closer to home – St. Kitts. I want to just knock out something easy and fast in my own zone of control where I have bonuses to expansion and where it won’t take a year for my colonists to arrive.

15 Jan – Castile declares war on Portugal. In or out?

In.

The War:

Castile, Aragon, France

Vs

Portugal, England, Athens

I might use this opportunity to hurt Spain colonially. I order some mercs built in Benguela

4 Feb – Kongo allows us to move our troops through their territory now

1 March – Cyprus is integrated into our mighty nation! I get their 5 ships (which I upgrade), and 4k army,

Cyprus – Greek, Catholic, wine trade, 18 dev, I did not en-state it, highlands, I put two military power (127) into it and it’s now level 20, I order a Farm Estate here, it had a workshop, church, and level 2 fort. It sends us 0.48 monthly.

9 March – I start building up a spy network in Genoa

16 May – My giant fleet and my great three star admiral have won some minor naval engagements – I have already captured 7 ships as well and sent them to harbor for repairs

1 June – Native uprising in Androscoggin

15 June – Ended

1 Sept- Androscoggin is going to be good for Tobacco as well

17 Jan, 1522 – My mercs landed in the islands of Sao Tome.

26 Feb – Sao Tome is ours. I have two options – Burn it down and remove it as a city, or seize it for myself. It’s a poor fishing island with a minimum development. I burn it down.

1 Mar – New Expansion Idea – We get faster colonial growth

27 April – My ship arrives at the Grain Coast and the mercs begin to unload onto a Castilian colony next.

29 April – I get a Native Assimilation in Sumbawa

8 July – Exploration mission concludes, another dispatches

15 July - Native Assimilation in St Kitts

13 Aug – I capture the mainland colony at Karou, and I burn it down.

15 Oct - We take Sierra Leone, which is also not a colony anymore, but a full blown province, so I can’t steal it, despite those sexy Dyes here.

1 Dec – St. Kitts will be the home of the Sugar trade here in the Caribbean.

Our heir is industrious

18 Dec – We capture the province of Beafada right by Sierra Leone.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1523 – We have Chinaware in Sumbawa. I want Spices, but that’s not a bad consolation prize I suppose

1 Feb –

DIP TECH 11 – I can build Naval Equipment Manufactories, and we get 100 extra colonial range.

I order one in the capital of Athens

15 Mar – After they reestablished it as a colony, I recapture Karou

9 Sept – We get a +200 colonist event called Wave of Immigrants in Androscoggin

15 Oct- I win a big naval battle vs Aragon and capture 7 ships.

14 Feb, 1524 – Another naval victory for the juggernaut.

1 June

Androscroggin – 11 development, in the Maine region, woods, Catholic Tuscan folks make 0.39 here, tobacco farmers

My next target is Chittamaga in the Bayou estuary (of modern New Orleans)

1 Nov – I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Crete

1 Dec –

Expansion Idea – Organized Recruitment – I get bonus military recruitment

We get the next Athenian Idea:

Preserve the Archbishopric – We get +1 for Missionary stuff

Old 10-20-2018, 09:43 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 June – 1525 – The Turks have declared war again on Georgia and are at war now with Muscovy and others.

1 July –

St. Kitts – 11 development, Sugar, Tuscan, catholic, handed to our Caribbean colony here. 0.35 made here

Next target? I’m waiting a month…

1 Aug – Or two

1 Sept –

Sumbawa – 9 development, grasslands, Chinaware, Catholic, Tuscan. They send us 0.11.

Next target is Flores, connected to Sumbawa by a strait, and East Timor, connected to Flores by a strait.

I order some troops here to defend the area

30 Oct – Every mainland Portuguese province was taken. I negotiate peace on my own

I have naval victories and colonial captures. So have a good warscore against the field.

I can take just Sierra Leone. I take Karou as it’s next to me, even though I don’t really want it that much. It’s just good defense:

Here you go!

As you can see, the two coastal provinces are south of Jolof, Mali, and next to one more Castilian holding. Sierra Leone was colonized successfully, you can see the nice Dyes that are here! Up north at the big fleet is my Arguin holding where I am resting and recuperating from my naval battles.

I have my 4000 mercenaries exploring the heart of west Africa and you can see some of those results. I’m not sure where Castile might head next colonially. Maybe next to our lousy colony at Karou, which is next to Sierra Leone. As soon as my place here is cored, except me to build a fort here.

Found it, they are trying to send colonists to Canada and the isle of St. Helena

Old 10-20-2018, 10:44 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 Jan, 1526 – I claim Beafada

1 March – Chitamacha will be great at trading furs.

Poland and Lithuania have united and become a nasty new power for most, but as we were allies with Poland and Bohemia pre unification, we are still besties post.

I think we have kept the Ottomans away.

Here let me give you a quick glance

This is a good zoomed out map right now. As you can see, the Commonwealth is big and hard to handle, while Bohemia has expanded into Hungary and taken most of it. They have good armies and land bases, and I have the naval surpiority. I just checked, and I could defeat any current Ottoman fleet in battle. I might not have a big area and zone of control locally, but my navy and small size help me defend quite ably. Thus, the Turks haven’t pushed into us. They wouldn’t like the result and what would happen, and you can all see it here.

The Turks are the #1 Great Power right now, the Commonwealth is #2 and we are #5.

1 July – Mil Tech 11 -I can build weapons manufactories, and I get better cavalry and infantry

1 Aug – I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Rhodes

12 Sept – After a very long journey, Cape is now Tuscan! I order a Church here, and a Workshop will follow next year

1 March, 1527 – New expansion idea – I get +1 diplomatic relations

15 Mar – I put down a native uprising in Chitimacha

1 May – Our colonial range advisor passes, and I hire a new ne who is 2 stars and thus will give us 2 DIP development monthly plus the colonial range boost as well.

1 June – I begin to Influence Vijayanagar, in India

15 June 0- Castile took a ton of Portugal’s mainland holdings

1 Aug – Dyes in Karou

Old 10-21-2018, 12:36 AM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Jan, 1528 – I get a colonial explosion event in East Timor and I choose to pay 50 cash for a 200 colonial increase in population there.

27 Feb - I get an event create because of how smart the Queen of Athens is and how much she is collecting knowledge from Europe. A level 3 natural scientist for 50% off and 50% off his monthly fee. I go ahead and fire our current advisor for him, and this increases my monthly ADM tech as well as increasing my development cash by 10%

10 April – I influence Pate; I am making nice with Vijayanagar

And Majaphit as well too

1 July – East Timor will make Chinaware too.

7 July – My explorer finishes the south Pacific; I send him out from Rio

1 Oct –

Chitimacha – Furs are the trade good here in the Marches of this natural harbor at the base of the Mississippi River. 0.29 made here by the Catholic, Tuscan 10 dev folks

My next target is Wampanoag by Massachusetts

5 Nov – I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Cape

16 Nov – Sierra Leone’s core is done, I upgrade to a state, and then send a missionary to convert it.

1 Dec – Spices in Flores

Dec 27 – The Pope passed, and we are the new papal Controller, so we can do things like excommunicate and declare crusades.

2 Jan, 1529 – after they start causing a ruckus, I grant Negroponte to the nobility

2 Mar – I put down a native uprising in East Timor

20 April – While the Turks ar deep into a major war far to the north and east, I move my troops near them and get ready to go to war. I want to d a fast war, take some Greek holdings that are rightfully my people, and then let them go.

10 May – I call for a Crusade against the Turks

11 June – I declare a Holy War against the Infidels!

28 June – I crush the Ottoman Fleet with my combined fleet

29 June – Bohemia joins my Holy War

18 July – The Commonwealth joins us

31 July – Our king passes while leading a battle

His heir – Francisco 4/4/3 with Industrious, and he’s married already, no heir, 23 years old

We have captured two new realms

1 Sept – 1 one fell

5 Sept – I begin a siege at Selanik

1 Oct – Another exploration mission heads out

11 Dec – Two more minors fells to me

Bohemia has already taken 3 provinces as well

Old 10-21-2018, 01:39 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1530 – Athens is now the seat of a new Cardinal

4 Feb -Bohemia just crushed the Turk army in the region.

15 eb - The Turks took peace out east to focus on us

18 feb – I take another minor

1 Mar – I get a colonial explosion event in East Timor again

14 Mar - I assault and take Selanik

12 April 0- I begin the siege at Edirne

11 June – Sierra Leone converts -I order a castle here

`17 July – After defending the quickly assembled and not-fully-ready defenders in their capital, I begin a siege

2 Aug – Our heir is born and he is 4/2/5

21 Aug -Edirne falls. I order these troops to their capital to join the assault there

26 Aug – I defeat natives in East Timor

1 Oct – A big victory for the Commonwealth against the Turks

11 Oct – Bohemia loses a battle to them

15 Oct – My explorer returns and I send him back out.

14 Nov – I break up an attempt by them to siege Selanik back

18 Nov – One of my armies loses while heading back to the capital.

28 Nov – My army loses again

15 Dec – Expecting their capital to fall anytime I move my giant fleet off the coast in order to be there to catch their fleeing navy

22 Dec – Their ally, Tunis, has arrived to try and stop the onslaught here in Europe, and has 8k troops in Edirne trying to retake it.

Zoomed in map of the area to show you everything and their capital about to fall.

I hit unpause and it falls on the 31st

1 Jan, 1531 – Karou is now a full province:

Karou – Dyes, 3 development, Jungle, next to Sierra Leone, I order a Missionary here for the Fetishish Dyolas.

This was a free colonial gain from my war against the Iberian powers for Portugal, so there are no other colonists to send out next yet

16 Jan – My fleet has routed their fleet and captured around 13 vessels.

23 Jan – The Commonwealth takes out the major military threat of the Turks

We are in a bit place right now with their capital, and two major battles. This is a Holy War and extra incentives come from victories – military and naval.

My wargoal is to take the five Greek holdings from them. I am close.

So we keep pushing.

20 Feb – I defeat the Tunisian army

25 Feb – My fleet arrives in Tunis, denude of holdings

The captured vessels gave

27 Feb – More provinces fall as we pass to Turkey

15 Mar – We begin sieging Tunis – I invest some MIL to open a breach in the walls.

24 May – Tunis falls after we assault it

25 May – Tunis offers peace for War Reparations and some cash and I accept. Now it’s just us

1 June

East Timor – Chinaware – grasslands, strait to Flores, next to West Timor, Papuan and Animist, and I order a Missionary here. 9 dev, currently making just 0.33

Next target is West Timor

16 July - A big battle is won by Bohemia.

22 August – They rout the army and take it off the map

15 Dec – After more battles fall our way, and more provinces fall, and Bohemia has finished a siege, we now have 100% warscore

Old 10-21-2018, 02:03 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 Jan, 1532 – Every European holding is now under the control of the Triangle alliance.

Peace time

We take all five Greek holdings they have, plus give Bohemia three new provinces they took, the only ones the Commonwealth captured were away from the sea and couldn’t be given to them. Plus they are big enough already. Ten we got more than 1000 cash, although that was divided based on how much you invested in the war

I captured tons of naval vessels

Here you are!

We have the new Greek names for these provinces, not the Turkish names.

Get ready! All of these are Greek Orthodox with 40% autonomy

Epirus
– North of Achaea, strait to Corfu, and east of Athens, Thessaly and Kastoria. This Highlands area sees 8 development, shipyard and church, features Wool, and makes us 0.22 monthly.

Thessaly
– This grassland province is north of Athens, and is next to Epirus and Kastoria. 14 development in this grain farming land, they make us 0.51, with a dock, shipyard, workshop and church.

These two are in the same elevated state as Corfu

Kastoria – Adjacent to the Turks as well as Macedonia, Thessaly and Epirus, the wine-making Highlanders here make us 0.10 off 7 development and a church. This is not a state right now, by the by.

Macedonia – Natural harbor, farmlands that make cloth, this 15 development sends us 0.30 cash right now and has a castle, workshop, marketplace and church. It connects Edirne and Kastoria and is also next to three Turkish holdings

These are two of the three holdings in the Macedonian State.

Edirne
– The last of our new additions, Edirne has grassland, 16 development, is next to the Turks in many places including their capital, and has 0.31 made from grain farming including a Farm Estate, Castle, Church and Workshop.

I can expand with my blood money. I grab a Trading Post in India? East Africa? The Indies?

2 Feb – I bring in the coastal Madurai in India, a Silk Trading province, and right by Sri Lanka. I thought about Goa or a nearby Spice holding province, but thus makes sense

I hold off on using the rest of my cash now as I want to upgrade my new holdings after the cores are gone

Old 10-21-2018, 03:36 AM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar – Wampanoag is just going to be boring Fish. Ah well

15 April _ I can enact my next government reform…

What kind of deliberate body do I want for my nation? I have 5 options.

I choose General Estates and get +10% production income for being relatively traditional.

13 June – Karou converts!

1 July – Expansion Idea – I get improved shipyards with =10% shipbuilding time

1 August – I spend 43 MIL to quash down some rebels in Africa in Sierra Leone and such that were lingering from my conversion attempts.

1 Sept –

Flores
– Spices in this no-longer-a-colony that is straits from Sumbawa and East Timor. Animist and Papuan and I send in some Missionaries to drop that down. 0.55 made here.

It’s part of the Timor state which I already State-ified.

I send these colonists to Lombok, which connects Sumbawa and Bali via straits.

23 Jan, 1533 – East Timor converts! I order some stuff like a Church, and then I’ll do a Workshop next year – I have saved enough cash for some bigger ticket items, but we’re good for now

Sumbawa is my next Missionary target

22 Feb – I put down a rebellion in Wampanoag

I bring tiny little one province Lucca into my alliance and sphere of influence. She’s Italian, wealthy, Tuscan, etc. It makes sense, I could see myself Cyprus’ing myself there.

1 May – I use my Great Power to Influence Lucca

1 Oct –

Wampanoag – 7 development, in the same state as Massachusetts, 7 development, coastline, I order a Workshop here, 0.82 made by the Tuscan Catholics.

Next target is Delaware

30 Oct -I get a revolt of around 8k troops in Epirus

2 Dec - Defeated

Old 10-21-2018, 04:26 AM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 Feb, 1534 – The Catholic counter-reformation has begun

11 March – Cores are completed! I am now getting 0.83, 0.46, 0.78, 0.32. and 0.37.

I order:

Farm Estate in Thessaly (after I destroy the Docks here) and Kastoria

1 April – My DIP Power has reached its max and cannot get to the next level so I begin to spend it in some provinces for upgrades to their production here and there.

11 April – My explorer passes

I embrace the Counter-Reformation

I Get:

+2 Missionaries
+3 Missionary Strength when converting heretics

-5% Idea Cost

I send missionaries to Epirus and Macedonia

22 May – Flores converts and I order up a Workshop here and I’ll do a Church next year.

1 June – I fabricate claims on Constantinople a nearby holding so the Turks

1 Aug – I have also reached max monarch power for military and will spend it on manpower infrastructure in various places

15 Sept – Wave of Immigrants to West Timor

1 Oct – Spices in West Timor

17 Oct – Sumbawa converts

1 Nov – The next exploration mission heads out from East Timor with another Explorer at the helm of this fleet.

I begin saving my cash for my next Trading Post, I have ID’d a fun one in Orissa in India.

3 Feb, 1535 – I reconfirm our marriage to the Commonwealth after their leader passes.

1 March – I can get my first of the Age of Reformation abilities that lasts until the end of the age.

I take Religious Wars and I can get -25% warscore for other nations.

Nice!

1 May –The Pope has named the La Plata region of South America exclusively Portuguese, which is fine as they have around 20% of it under their control, and I’ve steered clear.

18 May – I get a Native Assimilation in Delaware

1 June – Delaware is going to be a Tobacco producing province

16 July – Epirus converts.

Missionary to Edirne

22 Aug – Macedonia converts

France appears to have joined the colonial game. They are building a colony in, of all places Greenland. Maybe that’s as far as their colonial range will go right now? Portugal, Athens and Castile have probably taken anything nearby that would normally be used as a stepping stone.

I declare a claim on Sofya with the Turks to our north

1 Dec – Lombok is for Spices! And Lovers!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 Jan, 1536 – Another exploration expedition heads out from East Timor

27 March –

We get the Bengal Delta from Orissa for a Trade Company – this province is also a trader of all things Silk.

I begin to Influence Nation another Indian Silk Maker – Junagarh

1 June This is BIG

Get ready for four Ideas:

I finish the Expansion Idea track:

I get Idea #7 – Competitive Merchants, and I get +20 Global Trade Power

I also have finished this idea group, so I get the ability to make claims against colonial nations and such out there.

However, I also get the 7th Athenian Idea:

Athenian Army Reform - +5% army and artillery combat ability

Then I get the Athenian Finish Idea as well - +10% morale to all armies

Not bad.

Any national policies I want to unlock?

I take Global Expansion which is both Expansion and Exploration and my growth increases considerably

I also take Supply Convoys and get -20% state upkeep and minus liberty desire over time.

Here let’s drill down into colonialization so you can see

A normal country has a small growth. For example, after investing tech and ideas in it, Castile is just at +65 on St. Helena. France? +35 for their growth rate. Portugal +95 which is why they are the only major threat to us colonially.

As you can see, I have really pushed both Idea groups for colonization. Everything from my native repression policy to everything else is here

Now here is how this works:

The number you see is my annual growth. If I send my settlers away, it would grow at 120 a year, and need 1000 total to get to city size, thus I could be at city size is roughly 100 months, with some bonuses for events that sprang up. Or minuses if we get disease or something.

Then the presence of my colonist means that each month there is a chance to get a bonus growth. In West Timor that’s 16.2% monthly. In Delaware it’s just 15.2.

This assumes you are paying the full cost of colonial maintenance. If you are, then good, and that costs around 2 cash/month for the first and 2nd colonies, then around 4 for the next and a much bigger amount for 4 and then 5 is really rough. I had four for a while as I had inherited one from Spain and my financial growth was impeded

Now that my natural growth is so high with my various investment and development, what you can expect to see me start doing is to break off my settlers about 850 or so to begin to move to the next colony, which will start right around the time the other wraps up.

I do that from Delaware right now, and then I send colonists to Inhambane, which is on the south-east Africa coast next to Sofala. It’s got a nice 9 development, has the potential for wealthy things like gold, ivory, gems, and it’s in my Quelimane state, so it’s already developmental.

18 Sept – Conversion in Edirne succeeds

Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan 1537 –

Dip Tech 12 - I get big bonuses to naval morale

Mil tech 12 – I get much better infantry and I upgrade

1 April – Another Ottoman province is claimed by us

1 July –

West Timor
– 9 development, spices, Tuscan, Catholic, next to East Timor, I order a Workshop here, 0.62 made here for us monthly.

Next target is Guadeloupe

1 Sept –

Delaware – 10 dev, Tuscan, Catholic, Tobacco

Great it happened!

I was pushing my colonial nation here around and it happened:

I get two major events:

I get the Pope to decree that Eastern America is our fiefdom, so the colonial bonus applies there, and we formed the Colonial Nation that I am naming New Athens. New Athens takes Massachusetts, Chesapeake, Delaware, Androscoggin, and Wampanoag.

22 Jan, 1538 – I proclaim a guarantee on Lucca

14 Feb – I get a Native Assimilation in Lombok

1 May –

Lombok – 6 development, grasslands, island that has straits that connect Sumbawa and Bali, a state, Spices, 0.45 made here monthly from my Catholic Tuscan people.

My next target is Curacao I want to get the rest of the easy islands for France/Castile etc to take off the map and just leave Cuba and such deeper her for my Colonial Nation to finish up

29 July – I begin to build a spy network in Milan.

8 August – I begin to Influence the Chimu

9 Nov – I get a bonus colonization event in Inhambane

1 Dec – Inhambane has gold

My next explorer fleet heads out

Old 10-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1539 –

Admin Tech 11 – I can build textile manufactories,

I order one in Macedonia and another in Sierra Leone

With me having 50% of my military maintenance up right now, and my transport fleet mothballed, I am making around 22 cash monthly

23.24 yo be precise, each month. That’s a lot of cash. That means, in one year, I can collect more than 250 cash, which is around

Here’s the cash breakdown in case you care

I’m holding that cash, which should be enough for a Trading Post from Chimu in Peru, so I can leapfrog over Portugal without putting a colony in their area

24 Mar – After finishing their Manufactories I send missionaries to Kastoria and Thessaly

1 Jul – Our king gained the Silver Tongued trait

1 Aug – I claim a province in Milan and pull my spy builder back as that’s the only one I can do so with.

17 Aug - I offer to set up a trading post with Chimu

I can’t get there it’s just outside of my colonial range.

Ah well, I go ahead and et up a Trading Post in Bali with Majaphit for 700 cash

Bali –
Cloth making with the local Javanese and Hindu people, I have already made it a state, and the 15 development here is leading to a Missionary, it has a workshop, grasslands, island with a strait to Lombok, and it sends me 0.51 cash monthly right now

I order a culture change in Sumbawa and Flores.

Aug 25 – Another expedition launches from East Timor

1 October – Guadalupe is Sugar. Of course

I withdraw my colonists from Inhambane and will send them to Ambon, a 12 dev place in the Spice Isles

1 Dec – Sugar in Curacao as well

Old 10-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1540 – I get some bonus prestige when I find Japan

14 June – Kastoria converts and I order a Workshop here

1 Jul – Thessaly’s conversation is also successful but it was already built up.

1 August – I can see England has joined the colonial game as well – they are in Canada as well for their first area, and then will likely spread down.

1 Jan, 1541 –

Inhambane – Jungle, gold, 9 development, Tuscan, Catholic, in a state with Quelimane, natural harbor, they make 3.88 monthly for us

I need to prioritize folks here in the way of England/France and such, and less in places like East Africa or the Indies which they aren’t getting too if I can play colonial defense

I send colonists to Quelimane

1 Mar – Another expedition heads out of East Timor

I recall my colonists in Curacao and Guadeloupe

I send them to St. Thomas and Turks and Caicos.

I might slow down finishing my colonies, but I need to get these off the map.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 Feb, 1542 – Another exploration heads out from East Timor

16 Feb – Native Assimilation in Turks and Caicos

1 June – ADMIN TECH 12 – I get 3 more states

1 Oct – Tobacco in Turks

21 Dec – Bali converts – I order a Textile Manufactory here

1 Feb, 1543 -We have Sugar in St. Thomas

22 Feb – The next explorer heads out

1 Mar

Curacao – 7 dev, Sugar, coastline, tropical, Catholic. Tuscan, given to our colonial nation here in the Caribbean

1 May – I claim two provinces from the Mamluks

1 Sept – Spices in Ambon

11 Sept - Wave of Immigrants at St. Thomas

I pull my colonists from it and order them to Trinidad

13 April – 1544 – We get cultural unification at East Timor

15 April – Vijayanagar has declared us their rival

21 May – They claim Madurai as their own

I order some more military folks there to help me defend in case they peel across the border

1 Oct –

Guadeloupe – Coastline, 10 Dev, Sugar trade, Tuscan, Catholic, handed to our colonial nation – 0.26 made here for us

11 November -

Old 10-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

100 Year Review

King Francisco II, 37, with Industrious and Silver Tongued, 4/5/3

His heir is Francisco III, 14, with 4/2/5

My monarch power gain 13 ADM, 12 DIP, 9 MIL monthly with the focus on ADM

I am currently making 21.04 in cash beyond what I need monthly

Our Athenian bonuses give me plus prestige even when not at war or something, so it doesn’t decay, and thus we are the only nation with 100 prestige.

Actually, I’m getting one from being the Curia Controller which is also helping

We have the most techs by one and the most ideas by one

We are 5th most in development

We have the 9th best manpower

Top Ten Provinces by Taxes:

1. Rhodes, 19.4
2. Venezia, 19.38
3. Verona, 17.60
4. Treviso, 16.50
5. Athens, 15, 93
6. Cape, 14.11
7. Cyprus, 14.11
8. Crete, 12.34
9. Edirne, 10.79
10. TIE – Rio de Janeiro, Ile de Bourbon, Mauritius at 10.14

Top Ten Provinces by Production

1. Venezia, 48.06
2. Sierra Leone, 39.24
3. Athens, 30.75
4. Istria, 28.75
5. Macedonia, 23.75
6. Karou, 22.42
7. Corfu, 21.90
8. Madurai, 21.33
9. Crete, 20.33
10. Bengal Delta, 20.20

I have 44 provinces, including 4 colonies in Ambon, Turks, Trinidad and St. Thomas.

My two admirals are, by stars, much better than the rest of the admirals out there

After Ming, Ottomans and the Commonwealth, we have the 4th largest army in the world

I have the biggest navy by like 30 ships over the Ottomans.

Only Ming makes more money than us

Current Price of Trade Goods:

5.0 – Gems
4.5 – Copper
4.37 – Paper
4.0 – Ivory, Cocoa, Silk, Dyes
3.6 – Cotton, Cloth
3.0 – Glass, Tropical Wood, Tobacco, Sugar, Coffee, Spices, Slaves, Iron, Salt
2.70 – Fur
2.5 – Incense, Wine, Livestock
2.25 – Fish
2.0 – Tea, Grain, Naval Supplies
1.75 – Wool

I am the production leader in Sugar, Wine, Glass, Dyes, Fish, and my colonies are the leader of Tobacco

I am the trade leader of Tobacco

We are the 4th best trade nation by income

Allies – Lucca, Portugal, Bohemia, and the Commonwealth

Great Powers:

1. Athens
2. Ming
3. Ottomans
4. Commonwealth
5. Castile
6. Muscovy
7. France
8. England

At 9th and just a few points behind Engerland is Burgundy

My next colonial targets –

Bahamas

Passamaquoddy – This is the Maine line between our Pope-granted fiefdom in Eastern US and the growing Castilian nation just past the border, so set the border for our colony.

Maranhao – Brazil, and one of the few good ones left on the coast easily here

Actually, migrants just left, so I want to grab Pernambuco, that’s my top target.

I pull colonists from Turks to send there right now. Its on the tip of Brazil and has a huge development (12) so it’s a great target for coming in. Grab it now when it’s been recently opened.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Zoomed out map of the local area with muh tiny Athens there = England has united the isles mostly, you can see the mostly Iberian Castile with just a few options left. The Commonwealth is growing, and Muscovy is as well.

Here let me show you the Americas as well:

Here you can see France’s colony in Greenland, Castilian and English attempts in Canada, and then me in the Caribbean and in a few places in the US.

Here’s South America – And you can see Portugal all over the Rio da Plata region.

I still need to send up a colony on the west somewhere past their zone of control

And here’s Africa for you. I’m in Cape, near Mali, Kongo, Sofala, etc. Enjoy!

Old 10-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 November – I take a claim against Ferrera in Mantua next to Verona

17 Jan, 1545 – After making nice with Lucca, she is almost ready to become our vassal, we are getting close.

1 May –

St. Thomas – This sugar making island in the Caribbean now is under my control, and handed to my colonial nation. It makes 0.45 monthly with its 10 development, coastline, Tuscan Catholics.

1 June – We are now the world’s largest trader of Sugar, and we get a bonus of -20% war exhaustion among our people

1 Sept – Our heir has come of age and gained the Righteous trait

14 Oct – After sending a gift of 100 ducats, Lucca has agreed to become our vassal!

1 Nov – I recall my colonists from Ambon and send them to the Bahamas

In prep for a future war with the Ottomans I have been building up my nearby military and drilling with my leader and heir.

1 Feb, 1546 – Trinidad is going to be great at growing Coffee

12 April – Flores is now Tuscan – I order a Workshop here

I’ve been getting near my cap of MIL and DIP again so I’ve been investing in provinces here and there as well.

6 July – I bring Surat, in northeast India into our realm as a Trading Post I picked up from Junagarh, a nation I elevated twice.

Surat is Silk, natural harbor, and order a Textile Manufactory to join the province’s wealth. With it’s 12 development, grasslands, it’s not in a bad spot at all.

That drops me to 35 cash, but I’ll pop up back again in no time

Old 10-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1547 – My peace treaty with the Turks has concluded.

I jack up maintenance more, and activate my forts that are near them.

I take a quick looksee –

My army – 78k
Commonwealth – 94k
Bohemia – 47k

The Ottomans – 100k
Tunis – 30k

So by math, the three of us in the Triangle Alliance should be able to handle the Ottomans and Tunis without their distraction.

But I really do want that distraction too.

I order 5k more troops for the border

1 Mar –

Turks and Caicos – 8 development, Coffee, Tuscan, Catholic, coastline islands, making 0.32 in that sweet sweet cash

29 Mar – I get an event in Pernambuco where some of the locals have been raiding nearby native tribes for slaves. I choose to answer it diplomatically, and reign in my folks.

14 – May – I fabricate a claim against Mantua

1 July – Pernambuco is going to be good at growing Cocoa

26 July – My next exploration mission heads out

5 Oct – I put down a native uprising in Bahamas

1 Dec

Ambon – Spices, 12 development, Tuscan, Catholic, on a strait to Ceram, tropical, coastline, they make 0.22 monthly as I have not made Ceram a state.

1 April, 1448 –

Mil tech 13 – I can build better cannons and they improve in value in battle

1 May – The Bahamas will also make some good sugar!

1 July – I can purchase another Era of Reformation ability – I wait until the next institution begins in a few months or years to see if I need some speed embracing it

10 July – The Turks declare a reconquest on us for Edirne!

Old 10-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They have called in Tunis to help them out in their war against us.

I end my drilling, I order around 5k mercs in the back of my country to hit their smaller provinces and annex them, and then I stop mothballing my transport fleet.

It’s the Triangle alliance and our various vassals (Moldova and Lucca) vs the Turks and Tunis

24 July – I combine my fleets into one big giant fleet to assault the Strait.

I have fled with my army in Edirne.

31 July – I arrive in their Turkish holdings of Biga (It connects my holdings from Edirne and Sigo)

18 Aug – They being to siege Edirne

22 Aug – I arrive in the Sea of Mamara

5 Sept – One minor to our north falls

11 Sept – Biga falls and I order this army to assault the fortress at Hudavendigar

21 Sept – Two more northern minors are under our control

28 Sept – After regaining some strength, my Edirne army is now good enough that it has arrived in their capital. I order a barrage to breach the wall with our artillery (this costs MIL monarch power)

6 Oct – Another province falls in the north

29 Oct – Another provinces is ours

4 Nov – 30k Bohemians arrive to help us in their capital

16 Nov – I take Sofya

18 Nov – After an assault, we grab Hudavendigar. I see some big Turks coming so I wanted to pull out

22 Nov -Bohemia fails to drive the Turks out of Edirne

29 Nov – They defeat my army in Hudavendigar

I send another exploration out from Rio

1 Dec – Trinidad is now a full city with Coffee, 11 dev, yadda yadda. Back to muh war

6 Dec – Edirne falls, and the army here moves to their capital to break us out of the siege that we are close to winning

15 Dec – The Mamluks takes advantage of the Turkish attention on us and declare their own Reconquest on them. I might consider sending them some war subsidies!

18 Dec – I order my folks here that are mercs to join my defeated army to help reinforce it.

22 Dec – A giant battle takes place as the battle tired force from Edirne joins our 50k but area also joined by the recent victorious army of 20k,

22 Jan, 1549 – We win the battle, but barely.

27 Jan – Tunis has landed forces in Athens and is sieging it. It’s a smaller force of just 7k.

29 Jan – We take their capital

12 Feb – I defeat a navy of more than 40 ships, all military vessels, no transports coming out the harbor in 5 days and capture 12 ships!

Naval supremacy matters. I have cut off their movement to Greece from Turkey.

I send the badly wounded ships to my Shipyard in Athens for repair

1 Mar – Castile brings in Aragon and forms Spain

My forces arrive from the capital at Edirne and I order a hull breach on the walls. They have a smaller garrison as it hasn’t had a chance to fully rebuild so I’ll assault in next month when my morale has risen

7 April – Every Euro holdings is in the hands of a Triangle Alliance member

15 Apr – Some of my forces have arrived to begin and pick at Turkish holdings. Our warscore is jacking up fast, but I need to up our warscore.

I don’t know when it happened, but Portugal joined our war (I didn’t call them) and they are blitzing Tunis hard, that’s why the warscore is up. They have captured 7 provinces in Tunis and that must be why their Athenian thrust is so small.

25 Apr – More than 40k Commonwealth forces are bleeding into Turkey after me

A large Turkish army of around 35k is moving here.

13 May – I turn down an Ottoman peace offer. They want to concentrate on the Mamluks.

21 May – The Ottomans overcome bad numbers to defeat the Commonwealth

29 May -We take Edirne back – I head to Athens

15 June – Tunis breaks off their siege of Athens seeing me coming.

18 June – I get a Wave of Immigrants event in The Bahamas, I pull back my settler here and send it to Maranhao in Brazil, a 8 development coastal province.

4 July – Canada is declared the domain and personal fiefdom of Spain by the Pope

8 July – I capture the Stronghold of Ankara

11 July – The Ottoman army loses to a counter-attack by Bohemia and the Commonwealth combined

15 Aug – My army takes Bolu, which is where their navy is squirreled away, and I moved by navy over it

19 Aug – We capture the fortress of Sugla

1 Sept – I defeat their navy and capture another 6 ships

27 Oct – I do this again with another province and defeat them again

1 Nov – Bahamas, 5 DEV, Tuscan, Catholic, joins the Caribbean, Sugar, 0.19

5 Nov – The Tunisian capital is captured by Portugal

10 Nov – All of Western Turkey is under our control. Most of Tunis is under our control.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Peace time!

I give these provinces to these people:

Commonwealth – Silistre on the Black Sea Coast

Bohemia – Giurgiu – Next to them, they captured it

Us:

We get SIX provinces:

Uskup, in Macedonian state, north of us, we have a claim on it

Their capital and the other Thracian province

Three Turkish holdings, including Biga, Huda… and Kochei. They are all in the same state, and include a Silk province and the straits from Greece to Turkey, so I have a good stronghold and they can blitz over.

We get 1056 cash

I wanted to toss Portugal a province or two, but it was too much as they joined the war later, but they weren’t expecting anything.

Here’s the peace deal:

And there we are! The flags in the lower corner show that a coalition would get upset at my overexpansion, but it’s just the Turks, and they are upset anyway, really. My Holy War effect in this stage allowed me to grab more stuff!

I invest about half of my stored ADM power in cores for my area

We are using their Greek names, which change as the provinces do:

Skopje (Uskup on the map above) – North of our holdings, and part of the state of Macedonia, this holdings is 10 development, Iron, in Highlands, and is sending us 0.46 – Serbian and Orthodox. It has a church, workshop and regimental camp.

Burgas – This Thracian holdings is next to Edirne and Constantinople. It’s south of the Commonwealth in Selestre, and on the coast. As part of the same state as Edirne, it’s already state-fifed. Grasslands, coastal, 12 development, Grain farmers are here and it does have a Farm Estate. Also church, shipyard, and workshop. It sends us 0.67, and the people here are Bulgarian Orthodox.

Constantinople – The province you knew we’d get! Development of 44, farmlands, has the Bosporus Sound Toll and natural harbor, at level 2 of development. Turkish and Sunni. It has – Regimental Camp, Castle, Workshop, Church, Marketplace, Barracks, Shipyard. It sends us 3.10 with it’s Gem trade.

Karasi – Former ally known a Biga, this Turkish coastal province has straits to us in Edirne and Sigo. 11 development, Grasslands, Naval Supplies, Turkish and Sunni, 0.09 made here for us. To it’s east is Hudavindigar and it’s also north of two Turkish holdings. It has a Camp, Workshop, and Shipyard

Hudavindigar – I made a claim on this seeing this as a good potential expansion target. Has a 21 development, woods, Silk trading with 0.23 cash monthly, Turkish and Sunni, west of us in Kocaeli and west of Karasi. North of two Turkish holdings. It has a Church, Workshop, and Marketplace with a natural harbor.

Kocaeli – Strait crossing to Constantinople, east of Hudavindigar, 9 dev, Castle, church, grain farming, forest, Turkish and Sunni, they send us 0.06 cash monthly

I order one of my armies to Kocaeli, to be in the Castle. I shut down my other forts.

I move to mothball my transport fleet

I will start drilling my armies again

With me massaging my army and forts back, I am now making money again!

Old 10-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

18 Nov – Portugal is now in Mexico.

9 Dec – Another exploration mission finishes – next – circumnavigate the globe

1 Jan, 1550 –

Pernambuco – Coca trading here at this 12 development, Tuscan, Catholic, Brazilian holdings near the tip. Drylands, and natural harbor. 0.36 made for us monthly

The next institution is here, and it’s the Printing Press. I take the embracing institutions Age of Reformation ability.

25 Jan -I sent up a trade company in Mombasa, under the control of Malindi, in East Africa. This is a level two natural harbor, Ivory, 12 dev coastline, Marketplace, church, and docks. It’s great because it’s between Malindi and Kilwa, and there ahs been tension between the two, so we can intervene and such, and hope for peace. I promoted Malindi three times in anticipation of doing this, and they love me here, in addition to the occasional minor gift.

29 June – We now have the right culture in Sumbawa!

England is now Great Britain

1 Nov – Passamaquoddy is with furs

1 Jan, 1551 - Tropical wood in Maranhao

1 Feb – Dip Tech 13 – we can build Brigs – a better transport vassal and I order my mothballed fleet upgraded

15 Feb – Native Assimilation in Maranhao

I withdraw these settlers for defense. I send them to the Grain Coast in Africa, adjacent to me in Karou. It’s the final part of my state here and will allow me to push the African options down coast

What I intend to do is to set up my colony here, and then immediately pull out and head elsewhere in Africa. Like Luanda, that is next to Benguela and also in that state

7 July – I pull the colonists at Passamaquoddy and send them to Sergipe in Brazil near Pernambuco.

1 Aug – I spent some MIL power to suppress rebels in Turkey

27 Aug – The Grain Coast is set up and next to Luanda

1 Sept – Quelimane converts. I order a culture change to Tuscan

26 Dec – Our heir dies while hunting. The new heir is 4/4/4 and 1 year old

Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Mar, 1552 – Yay?

I get an event about my Navigator adviser having a great year and we get a bonus 10% colonial range. I reach out to Chimu

1 July

Admin Tech 13 – I get +2% tax revenue increase

15 July – Four of my Turkish holdings are now cored – The first is Burgas and I order a Missionary here. The next is Hudavindigar. Then Skopdje, and I order some Missionary work here as well. Finally the big one.

1 Aug – Sao Tome next to Rio is with tropical wood.

16 Nov – Karasi and Kocaeli – Missionary for Karasi and Huda

1 April, 1553 – Our military advisor passes and I hire a new one with -10% military maintenance.

15 April –

We have completed our circumnavigation of the world! We gain a ton of stuff for being the first to do it. We did lose 5 vessels crossing the Pacific, but overall, we did well!

I turn this Explorer fleet into protecting trade here in the Caribbean

I send my Alexandrian Merchant to the Caribbean

5 July – The Commonwealth DOW’s Muscovy and I join them

1 Aug – Coffee in Sergipe

1 Oct – Skopje converts!

Oct 26 – Burgas follows – Kocaeli is next

1 Nov –

Maranhao
– Marsh, 8 dev, Brazilian coast, Tropical Wood, Catholic Tuscans make us 0.10.

It’ll take a long time, but Missionary sent to Constantinople

Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 Mar, 1554 – I send the Sao Tome colonists to Bahia, south f Sergipe

1 June –

Passamaquoddy
– Fur in the woods of this 5 development, Tuscan, Catholic hold in Maine at the furthest extension of the grant given by the Pope. It was given to New Athens.

1 July – Our ruler gains the Zealot trait and that increases his missionary strength a bit

1 Sept –

Sao Tome
– In the same state as Rio, jungle, Tropical Wood, 0.22 made here 6 dev, Tuscan and Catholic

1 Oct – Luanda is a Slave Trading province

11 Oct – I invest some MIL tech to squelch harshly revolt from the missionary in Constantinople

I pull colonists from Sergipe to send them to the Brazilian border with I suspect that Portugal is about ot step over. It’s not wealthy, but it can draw a line in the sand, hopefully – it’s Rio Grade do Sol

12 Feb, 1555 – Karasi converts

1 Mar – The Grain Coast is Dyes

1 May – Hudavindigar is now a Catholic province!

I order a Textile Manufactory here

21 June – The Pope dies and the new one is loyal to Spain

27 July – The Netherlands declared independence from Burgundy

23 Sept - Kocaeli converts!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 May, 1556 – We announce the annexation of Lucca is underway

18 May – I pull my colonists from Luanda next to Kongo and Benguela, and then send them to Adai, which is to the east of my big Mississippi delta. I want to get the rest of the Louisiana colonial region from the expanding Portugal in Mexico.

1 July – Great News

Sergipe – 8 Dev, Drylands, Coffee, Tuscan and Catholic, part of the same state as Pernambuco, 0.20 made here after it was given away

We are given Brazil by the Pope and we have enough holdings here to make a colonial nation. That will increase my speed here in Brazil.

I name my new Nation Athenian Brazil

1 Dec – Sugar in Bahia

2 Mar, 1557 – As is Sugar in Rio Grande do Sol

I see some great expansion opportunities near my holdings ar Surat.

Here:

This is where I am at right now, and I also just zoomed in for you – this is Surat, my local trading company. Now I just allied with Ifar, to replace Lucca, and that’s the blue three province here. As soon as they are at peace, I’ll grab a nearby Post with them, and I will continue to make nice with White, who is Junagarh from whom I purchased Surat and with whom I have continued to help out financially. Meanwhile, to my rear are Vijayanagar and their holdings, and they don’t like me anymore. So I am going to build up Surat, and grab some nearby trading posts, building a castle - here and another 5k troops or so. Enough to through my weight around if needed.

After that happens, I wouldn’t be surprised to see me bring Ifar into my umbrella. The great and friendly Athens!

8 August – Constantinople Converts!

I pull my colonists from Bahia and send them to the Peruvian Coast at Camana

7 Dec – Ifar is now at peace

31 Dec – I purchase Daman from them for 625, that’s to the south of my holdings. It’s a nice Cloth province. It’s in the same state as my first one at Surat, although I’ve not Stated them. (You lose the trading post if you do)

Old 10-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1558 –

Grain Coast – 3 dev, Jungle, Dyes, Fetishist, Dyola, part of my Guinea state here, just make us 0.21 but I have ordered a Missionary here.

1 Feb, 1558 –

Bahia – Jungle, Coastal, Brazil, 10 dev, Tuscan, Catholic, Sugar, National Harbor, makes us 0.18 after being handed to our colonial nation

13 Mar – Our ruler has passed, and his heir is just

1 April -

Luanda
– 6 Dev, Savannah, next to Benguela and multiple Kongolese holdings, Slaves, Tuscan, Catholic, part of my state of Angola, 0.52 made here

1 Sept – Lucca joins us!

Lucca – Tuscan, Catholic, Cloth, Farmland, natural harbor, Textile Manufactory, Marketplace, Workshop, Church, Dock, Courthouse, Shipyard, next to Milan and Genoa, it makes 1.66 off 30 development.

I go ahead and begin to build a spy network in Milan as I want to bring it’ Tuscan provinces under my aegis

We got their 7k troops and 10 ships

1 Oct – Adai is just going to be good for Fish, nothing more

19 Nov – Grain Coast converts and next is a Culture Shift

21 Feb, 1559- I recall my colonists to Rio Grande and send them to Matsulo, which is next to Imhambane on the coast. I need to lock out the rest of Africa. Brittany is colonized the Gold Coast and Cape Coast, France is in Fernando Po and such. I need to move to lock out major holdings elsewhere.

I also pull colonists from Adai and send them to South Africa next to Cape in Swellendam.

1 April –

Admin Tech 14 – I get another Group of Ideas, and can build Plantations

DIP Tech 14 – I can build Trade Stations and the Galleass vessel

It’s a big month!

That’s a LOT of stuff. Plantations are the manufactories that double production for everything grown of value – Sugar, Coffee, Cocoa, Cotton, Tobacco, Tea. As you’ve seen, that’s a lot. The Trade Station is double anything that’s traded, such as Furs, Slaves, Spices, and Ivory. Again, that’s a lot of muh stuff!

I start with my most valuable. Ivory and Cocoa.

Plantation in Pernambuco

Trade Station – Mombasa, Angoche

I am currently making 38 cash monthly, so that’s around 456 annually, so I can save up enough for one manufactory annually!

I still have around 500 to save for my next trading post that I don’t want to mess with

1 Dec – I claim Pisa from Milan.

1 Feb, 1560 – Rio Grande do Sol – 5 dev, marsh, Brazil, next to Portugal, Tuscan, Catholic, Sugar, been handed to the colonial overlord.

6 Feb- I have to pay more because we have others from them here, but I expand our trading post into Bharuch, another Silk province out here.

I order a Trade Station out in Louisiana

11 Oct – A new Pope is elected

23 October – WHOA!

The Pope has excommunicated Milan

I have permission to remove them from the map, or at least take their Tuscan holdings. I jack up my army funding to 100%

11 Nov – I use my Great Power ability to force Austria to break their alliance with Milan. Neither of them like this and it hurts relations and gives Milan a CB, but it’s worth it.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 April, 1561 Camana is Cocoa

4 May, 1561 – Grain Coast is Tuscan (I order a Textile M here)
1 July – Everything’s ready. I have 17k troops now in Lucca, I moved an army to Verona, and we are ready to go. My navy is combined and off the coast.

I declare war on Milan

I am not, initially, calling on any of my allies. I should be able to handle this on my own, they have around 25k troops

14 July – I capture 6 ships from our foes

6 Aug – We take Pisa – this forces their main navy to emerge

12 Aug – Brescia is ours by Verona

18 Aug – I have routed their forces off the coast

19 Aug – I arrive at Firenze

20 Aug – I arrive at their capital

22 Aug – Their main force is in Lucca beising us

15 Nov - I capture Parma

26 Nov – I assault and take Firenze, I move to their capital

21 Dec – They retake Pisa

27 Dec – We take Siena

6 Jan, 1562 – I retake Pisa

18 Jan - They retake Parma

30 Jan – We arrive at their capital and I blitz an attack

1 Feb – Swellendam is Livestock

14 Feb – Their capital falls and I order an assembled assault on Lucca

29 Mar – We break the siege.

16 April - I have an 86% warscore.

What I can I get?

I don’t need to really push against Milan. I just want the Tuscan stuff.

I take the three Tuscan holdings, one other holding for geometrical needs, War Reparations and about 500 in cash

Milan is no longer eligible to be our rival so I select Vijayanagar.

Here is the new area we spread too. You can see my cash is +31.52 if I have 100% army funding and it’ll drop there quickly.

You can see my four captures here with Lucca from my vasal next to Lucca, and then the other three Tuscan holdings in Pisa, Siena, Firenze, and then Modena is there as well connecting Lucca and walling off the area.

All are Tuscan and Catholic unless otherwise stated, as well as 40% autonomy.

Pisa – Wine, farmlands, natural harbor, 19 development, Shipyard, Regimental Cap, Workshop, Marketplace are here, we get 0.82 in cash

Siena
– 20 dev, farmlands, Glass trade, making 0.90, all o the building as above plus a Church.

Firenze
– 31 development, Castle, Church, Marketplace, emporium for an internal trade center (It’s Florence), Wine makers, hills, 0.96 made here for us

Modena
– Hills, 12 Dev, Romagnan culture, Livestock with a Farm Estate, Camp and Church, 0.25 cash, this is under 75% autonomy instead

Alright!

My post-war cash is heading to:

Natchitoches, north of my holdings in Louisiana to lock it in as the Portuguese are next to me

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-23-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 June – I grant military access to the Papal States

5 July – Mexico is granted to Portugal by the Pope

I pull colonists from Swellendam and Matsolo and I send them to Mtetwa, south of Matsolo, Comoros Island north of Madagascar and Lesser Namaqualand. I need to cut them off from rounding Africa as fast as I can. France’s Fernando Po extension is up and running and they are scary here.

Here let me show you how crowded it is here:

Here we have our holdings in Guinea and south of Kongo, as well as Spain in Sao Tome islands and above us in Guinea. Meanwhile Great Britain is in those two mainland provinces between Kongo and Benin/Bonoman. You have two colonies by Brittany south of Bonoman on the coast. France is in Ferdinando Po and scouting around Cape right now with an explorer. I have to lock these folks out. Period.

Now I have most of the ones you want, I just need to finish off, and then I want to grab various Indian Ocean islands to prevent them from jumping across that way to the Indies and such.

But the most important thing is to get here. Now grabbing Ivory Coast next to us in or Gabon, the two remaining open places aren’t really doing anything. I need to stop the next jump after these. These have to be a one of. I am playing colonial defense.

I order Plantations in Mauritius and Ile de Bourbon, then focus on the colonial war

1 October – Tropical Wood in Matsolo

1 Dec - The Commonwealth broke their alliance with us

Old 10-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1563 – Adai – next to my Mississippi Delta holding, Marsh, fishing, 4 development, coastal, east of Portugual’s Mexico, just 0.35 made from the Tuscan Catholics

18 March – I get a bonus immigrants in Swellendam

26 June – I purchase Tanga from Kilwa, it’s next to Mombasa and part of that state. I order a Trade Station here for the Ivory it makes

31 Aug – I order a Farm Estate in Pisa after it’s been cored

16 Oct – The other three are cored. But I’m out of cash for upgrades and such for now

2 Feb, 1564 – I pull the colonists in Lesser Namaqualand and Metetwa and send them to Natal and Graaff-Reinet

1 May – Our Golden Era has ended. So sad.

Camana – Cocoa, 5 development, Highlands, on the Peruvian coast, 0.29 made here.

This gives me my home for colonizing all points north.

Friesland has set up a colony in the Ivory Coast

1 Sept – I send colonists to Xhosa – this will complete all of the South African coastals

1 Dec – Our truce with the Turks and Tunis has expired. I grabbed a few claims here and there but I don’t expect another major battle anytime soon barring them coming my way

Old 10-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 May 1565 –

Swellendam – Steppes, coastal – east of Cape, Tuscan, Catholic, Livestock, 0.36 made here monthly

We have grain in Lesser Namaqualand

25 May – Bohemia declares war on the Turks and I join them. The Commonwealth joins them as well

3 June -I defeated their small navy in the Aegean and captured a trioof ships

11 June - I being a siege in Sugla

15 Aug- I take a minor

11 Sept 0 I begin to siege Ankara

15 Nov – Sugla falls before us

1 Dec – Mtetwa is Tropical Wood

12 Feb, 1566 – We capture Ankara

19 Feb – We win a naval battle off Anatolia when one of their provinces was captured by the Bohemian forces

24 April – Three more minors fall to us

13 July – Two more minors fall.

11 Aug – Another falls and their navy heads back out to face ours

23 Aug – I defeat their navy and capture 3 vessels

1 Nov – Ceara is with Sugar

10 Nov – Another minor is ours in Turkey

16 Nov - I pull my army off from a siege as a big 35k army looms towards me

25 Dec – Russia has formed

Old 10-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1567 – Our heir has come of age and he gains some strong fighting stats. I make him a general and he’s better than anyone else at my disposal here. I hand him my Venetian army and get him drilling.

21 Jan – They scissor my army and I lose a big battle

9 Feb – The Ottomans are pushing back and have retaken three minors from our coalition

I am not in charge of this war, Bohemia is, but I would call it. They want holdings in Eastern Europe. I don’t need anything here, Turkey is hard to manage, and I don’t want something I didn’t plan for and could hold.

I’m staying in, but this is where Bohemia should pull out.

1 April – We embrace the Printing Press, thsis drops my tech needs. We’ll get some tech and such post-war

1 May – Vijayanagar is no longer a valid rival for us

15 May – The Commonwealth asked to be our ally again and I agree. The Triangle Alliance Forever!!!

1 July – Natal is going to be a Gold making province!

My army has recovered and I order it back into the fray

6 July – They take re-siege Adana back from us

22 July – I accept a request for military access from Saxony

5 Aug – Because of all of my colonies and my war costs, we are currently losing around 40 cash monthly. I start War Taxes to help pay.

1 Sept – Graaff-Reinet will be good at growing grain

7 Sept – I retake a minor

12 Oct – Another minor falls and I move to help Saxony besieging Sinop

1 Nov –

Matsolo
– South of Inhambane, 10 development, jungle, coastal, tropical wood, Catholic, Tuscan, and makes us 0.53 monthly after I elevate the state it’s in, Natal. It shares that state with Mtetwa and Natal proper, plus an inland province at Limpopo, which you always want to do because of it’s very, very high chance for gold/gems compared to other places.

23 Nov - Adana and others are getting recaptured and Bohemian forces and their allies have broken the Turkish reinforcements. The Triangle Alliance has more than 150k troops on our side here on the Peninsula including two of my armies at 40k,

2 Dec – I claim Vanni, on Sri Lanka, from Vijayanagar

1 Jan, 1568 – Natchitoches is with grain (in Louisiana)

16 Jan – I capture a minor

3 Mar – We have finished sieging Sinop and brought it under our flag

25 Apr – Another minor falls

2 May – Quelimane is now Tuscan

23 May – Our Queen passes

Peasant rebellions are breaking out allover the Turkish holdings.

1 June – Xhosa is with Gold as well

I think France is being very strategic with their grabbing of colonies for future heavy push. They have Greenland, and are colonizing South Georgia near Antarctica and near the Falklands which will give them a post for heading up South America particularly on the west side.

5 June – I combine my armies into one and move to hit Trebizond heavy where a bunch of enemy forces are.

31 July – I capture a minor in front of Trebizond and now move to the castle

25 Aug – We arrive, and I invest some MIL power to crack open their walls

27 Oct – Adana falls back to the Turks after their full force of 100k cracked it open

Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1569 – They push hard; and have broken many holdings. Again, this is the time for peace.

22 Feb – We have captured Trebizond, but they have taken many things back here on Turkey.

1 Mar – Comoros Islands have Naval Supplies

1 May – I have fled from the major Turkish advance to Kars in the Caucuses and am beginning the fortress there,

2 Aug – Bohemia retook Adana

17 Sept – I claim another Vijayanagar holding

25 Oct – We have captured Kars

The warscore is pretty high I can’t imagine Bohemia would want to keep this up for too much longer.

20 Nov – Bohemia’s roughly 80k defeated the Turk’s roughly 70k in a month long battle in Adana

1 Dec –

Natchitoches – the top of the three-state Louisiana, this forest province has 6 development, farming, makes us 0.40 and it is Catholic and Tuscan.

I send these colonists to Rio Grande in Brazil. The next place I want to African up is to grab the easy Brazilian coasts and that is obvious as its near the tip.

Our military advisor passes and I hire a new level 3 one that increases my land forcelimit by 10%

15 Jan, 1570 – I capture a minor province after winning a battle

22 Feb – I grant military access to Brandenburg

27 Feb – I begin the siege of another castle

22 Apr – A 2 month long campaign with each side tossing in more troops and each side having more than 100k troops was won by us.

1 May

Lesser Namaqualand – Grain, South African holding, Steppes, next to Cape, and part of its state, 4 dev, Catholic, Tuscans making us 0.17 monthly

With my war taxes and the few colonies dropping, I am now making money again, although just 0.30 cash monthly.

8 June – I capture the fort. The war score is 74 and my people are calling for peace. If I can’t convince Bohemia to call it, I doubt know what I can do but to call it and make my own peace with 27 score.

So Bohemia needs to call it.

1 July –

Mtetwa – 3 Dev, tropical wood, coastal, jungle, connects Matsolo with Natal, Tuscan, Catholci, and sends us 0.26

Natal – GOLD!!! 2.30 made monthly for us in this tropical, coastal, jungle, Tuscan Province that connects Mtetwa and Xhosa

Now I am making cash at about 33 monthly.

I pull my colonists at Comoros and send them to Mahe, the next Island into the Ocean

4 Nov – We finish another siege

Old 10-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Nov – Peace is made:

There you are. Busy screen I know!

So here is what happened. The Bohemians grabbed some stuff, and gave us Sugla in Turkey. You can see the numbers there for losses on each side having lost around 300k forces. We got Sugla, the Commonwealth a holding, and Bohemia five.

Sugla – This main Turkish province is the strait that connects Scio to their nation, it features a fort, Church, workshop, natural harbor, and marketplace. Turkish and Sunni. I’ll move my Sigo army to Sugla. It has cotton, 10 dev, and just 0.11 sent to us,

I didn’t want this war or this province and the big badboy that came with it, but my ally needed me, so that’s fine.

NEXT TECH:

MIL 14 – I can get better cavalry

I mothball my forts and transports

Old 10-24-2018, 12:55 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1571 – I send colonists to Hollhavi, the next island in the Indian Ocean. And Cocos Island, the next after it. They are going to take a while to get to (more than a year)

New Idea Group Thoughts

Trade to increase my trade power and cash

Admin to, eventually, get more states when it’s finished

Maritime to push my navy even further

Quality to strength my army (and there are a few naval bonuses in there too)

Diplomatic to strength my diplomacy options

I’m going back forth between Admin and Dip. Hmmm…

I do Dip Ideas

I grab +1 Diplomat and +1 Dip Relations from the first bit of it

This is a hard administration to administer internationally, and it takes time for diplomats to head back as well as I need to be making nice with a number of folks Right now I’m making nice with Ming China, and then I have folks like Malindi, Sofala, Kongo, Kilwa, Ifar, Orissa, Junagarh, Malacca, Chimu, Majaphit and Pasai that I am making nice because I am near them or see them as potential future trading post folks. Then Bohemia, Portugal, The Commonwealth, my three colonial nations, and building spy networks and such. I need a 4th Diplomat and more relations.

I can also enact a government reform

My options can give me:

+5 states

OR

-10% minimum autonomy in territories

I like that latter one – as you can get more cash and such from that. But the states one is just so good. I enact L’Etat ces Moi!

11 January – Trebizond has won it’s freedom and its all by itself. I offer it an alliance. Of course they accept. I will look to build my relations, vassalize it, and then annex later.

1 April –

Ceara – 7 dev, natural harbor, Sugar, drylands, next to rio Grande, Brazilian coast, 0.1 made here

28 May – Royal Marriage with Trebizond

30 June – I proclaim a guarantee for Trebizond

31 July – I send 100 ducats to Trebizond

17 Aug – Brandenburg break their military access request

1 Sept –

Ezorongondo – This small fishing hold on the African Coast is part of our Angolan state. It has fishing, three dev, Tuscan, Catholic, coastline, and makes us a mighty 0.17 monthly

I influence nation Trebizond

11 Sept – Great News! After maxing our relations, we have announced that Ifar is now our vassal. This Sikh state will be our great new light in the region!

17 Nov =Karou is now Tuscan

Old 10-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1572 – Brittany is being very clever with colonization. They aren’t coming after a place that was granted by the Pope to us in Brazil or Eastern US or Portugal in La Plata or Mexico or Spain in Canada. Nope! Instead they are colonizing Columbia, where Cartagena is.

1 April – Rio Grande is with Sugar Grande

Graaff-Reinet – on the South African coast between Xhosa and Swellendem. 6 Dev, Steppes, part of the Cape of Good Hope state, Tuscan, Catholic, .38 sent monthly

1 Jan, 1573 –

Xhosa – Gold, Highlands, coastal, connects Graaff-Reinet and Natal. 3 dev, 1.90, Tuscan, catholic, part of Cape state.

Comoros – This island chain is north of Madagascar, 3 development, Naval Supplies, coastline, Tuscan, Catholic, not a state yet (part of Mozambique state). 0.02 sent to me for now…

I pull colonists from the Indian Islands to send to Brazil at Ilhaus, Porto Seguero (these connect our holdings at the tip with the developing Rio area) and Parnaiba (this is poor and connected Maranhao and Ceara)

These three will help to shore up the area.

Right now, with just four colonies, I am making 77 gold monthly at 100% funding for my army and navy.

17 Jan – We announce that Trebizond has agreed to be our vassal!

2 April, The Mamluks are now at war with the Turks

29 July – Sugla is now a core! I order a Missionary here

1 Aug – DIP IDEA #3 -I get -33% war exhaustion

11 Nov – I set up a trade outpost in Mozambique, the province we had talked about. Because it’s next to another, we have to spend twice as much as normal, and I send them 1250 ducats for it.

Mozambique
– Coastline, 16 Dev, in the same state as Comoros, and Angoche, which we already have, Ivory, currently sending us 0.28 monthly. I order a Trade Station here to double it’s Ivory production – church and shipyard here as well

Old 10-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1574 – We get ADM Tech 15 which just gives you Forced March

1 Feb – Mahe is now with Sugar.

19 April – Sofala keep annoying me with crap, like insults and such so I am going to stop influencing them and helping their tech and such development anymore. Right now I’ve worked overtime to keep my relations at +24 which is barely anything. I’ll let it drop, I don’t care anymore.

1 May – I have a rebellion of 12 in Sugla as we are converting them

22 May – Defeated

1 April, 1575 – Hollhavi is now with Tea

1 May – Porto Seguro with Sugar

15 May – I sell the institution to the Commonwealth and making a ton of money monthly for ten years or until it’s done. It’ll help with our cash problem as I have lots of colonies right now

Right now with 7 colonies I am getting around 50 cash, so I can set up some more.

I pull Colonists off Parnaiba and send them to Caddo which is inland north of Louisiana where Portuguese Mexico is spread fast to keep them out of Louisiana.

I pull colonists off Porto Seguero and sent them to Santee in the Eastern US to stop another key place to potentially settle in that region.

28 May – I get an event that increases the cost of Tea and Sugar worldwide by 25% it’s the ongoing normal price fluctuations, and as demand for Tea rises, both rise as well, and this lasts forever.

Because it happened under my watch and from my provinces , I get hundreds of cash and other good stuff too.

20 June – I fabricate a claim on one of the two holdings on Sardinia from Spain

17 Aug – Sugla converts

1 Nov – Ilhaus is with Coffee

1 Dec – I claim the other half of Sardinia

Friesland is in South America.

Cocos Island is going to be a good place for growing Coffee

Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1576 – We now lead the world in Coffee traded, and that gives us a small bonus - +5% institution spread.

6 Jan – I pay some cash in an event to bring 200 settlers to Mahe

I purchase

Textile Manufactory in Baruch; Plantations in West Timor, Flores and Lombok,

Future Targets for Expansion:

These are my current plans for military expansion:

Mantua – This two province holding will link my Venetian and Tuscany holdings in Italy, ,and it includes Mantua and Ferrara, both of whom have strong economic value. They are allied with The Papal States, Alsace, and Nuremberg

Sardinia and Sicily – Remembering my goal to be a Thassalocracy, taking these two wealthy islands from Spain makes a lot of sense as well. Spain can keep things like their mainland stuff, I’d only want those two islands (and mayyyybe Malta).

Turks – The only holdings I see myself grabbing from the Turks are former Mamlukian ones on the coast like Aleppo or Adana. I don’t want too much here.

Genoa – The capital of Genoa is next door, and that is a wealthy, great, port of call. Bringing it in when I have Lucca next to it makes a lot of long-term sense. They are allied with the Papal States. They also have Corsica and a holding next to Genoa that’s very well developed too -

I start working on a spy network in Genoa so I can claim it
14 May – I get an event about the growth of the Ivory Trade and Mombasa’s base production rises by 2

1 June – DIP IDEA 4 – I get +25 relations.

22 June – A new Pope was elected

29 June - The Ottomans took a ton of stuff from the Mamluks.

This is why the Turks are still threat. They are expanding south and east massively, and thus as we carve off a few provinces in the Balkans or my four in Turkey proper, they are just restocking from weaker foes.

Here let me show you the map right now:

The Ottomans are a major blob now, they’ve just moved. Bohemia has surrounded their final two holdings in Bulgaria, and you can see how they’ve moved south into wealthy place, and east into the Caucasian mountains and grabbing up Babylon and such.

We are not checking them there, so they aren’t getting hurt too much and those of is in the Triangle Alliance can’t get too comfortable

1 Aug – Parnaiba is with coffee

Old 10-24-2018, 10:04 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb – 1577 –

Rio Grande – Brazilian, coastal, drylands, Sugar, 7 development, next to Ceara, near the top of the area, Sugar, 0.22 made here from Tuscan Catholics after it’s handed over to Athenian Brazil

16 Feb – After being alone and without a queen for a while, the King has gotten distracted at court as he misses his wife. I have four options, and I choose to have him through himself at the nation. For the next 10 years, as long as he is alive, we get -15% admin tech costs, but +5% MIL and Dip

11 Mar – I force some folks to break their alliance with Mantua.

1 May – We claim Genoa, and our truce with Milan has expired.

7 July – I declare war on Mantua. They are joined by their ally the Papal States.

19 July – My Venetian army routs theirs in Ferrara and begins the siege of Ferrara

22 July – I begin a siege of their capital with my Tuscan army

6 Aug – Spain announces me as their Rival

18 Aug – The Papal States are besieging Firenze

1 Sept –

Mahe – Island, Catholic, Tuscan, part of the same state that Ile be Bourbon and Mauritius are, 5 dev, coastline, Sugar, makes us 0.36 monthly.

20 Sept – After combining my armies (I left behind a siege unit) I defeat the large Papal State army – OI lost 5k troops

1 Oct -Caddo in Louisiana is going to be good a growing grain

17 Oct – We take Ferrara

22 Oct – I rout the navy after it flees Ferrara and capture 3 vessels.

1 Nov - Santee is going to be good at the fur trade

19 Nove – Firenze falls

13 Dec – The Papacy army arrives in Ferrara and begin to besiege it

30 Dec – Modena is theirs

9 Jan, 1578 – I drive them from Ferrara after splitting off my army

12 Jan – We take their capital

I now have a 43% war score and I can take one, or the other, but not both. I push back

21 Jan – My combined army wins a big battle against the Papal States

27 Jan – They take Pisa

28 Jan – One army begins a siege at Urbino

3 Feb – I begin a siege at Firenze

8 Mar – We capture Romagna

16 Mar – I win a big naval battle

4 Apr – Portugal declares war on a Mexican minor power and asks me to join so I do

1 May – Urbino falls

23 May – I retake Fireze.

I now have enough of a warscore to take my two holdings and remove Mantua from the map

Old 10-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June – I take our foe off the map.

I got a ton of badboy, so I need to cool off for a while no wars for a long time here.

That means I need to be a good boy.

I have two thoughts –

I stop building my Spy networks for Genoa and Spain. I can do that later if I need to.

I have 5 of 7 Diplomatic ties right now.

I offer an alliance to Genoa and the Papal States, who still love me even now.

The Papal States and Genoa are allies, and the States are the only allies of Genoa.

Both agree, and I am now in two triangle alliances where everyone loves each other – Genoa and the Papacy and Athens, and Bohemia, Athens, and the Commonwealth

Here’s the current map of Italy. As you can see, our two new holdings connect my Venetian ones in the upper right with my Tuscany ones in the left center. That’s important to have that link, and now I can move my troops around without needing to use transports.

I took the land as well as a few hundred ducats in peace.

Here are our new inclusions:

Ferrara
– Coastal, farmlands, Romagnan, Catholic, the Po Estuary gives some bonus trade, Salt, had 17 development, makes us 0.30, is next to Verona, Mantua and Modena, has a fort, shipyard, naval equipment manufactory and marketplace. Once everything is up and running, I’ll tear down the shipyard for some better economic fun times

Mantua – Farmlands, Romagnan, Catholic, 32 development, makes us 0.40, has an emporium with is an center of trade internally, next to Ferrara, Modena and Verona, features a fort, farm estate for Livestock, church, courthouse, marketplace, workshop and church.

I use my reward cash to build a Farm Estate in Firenze for it’s Wine, and a Plantation for the Coffee in Havana

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-25-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Aug –

Hollhavi – This Indian Ocean Island has 4 development, Tea, Tusca, Catholic, coastline area with 0.37 made after I elevated it- It’s in the same state as Cocos and Christmas island, and those are later

I pull my colonists in Santee and Caddo. Spain has been crossing the line in north into our space. I send some colonists up to get them to knock it off in Maine

27 Aug - Portugal is now at peace, and so are we

1 Dec – With the bonuses to tech reduction right now I can afford:

ADM TECH 26 – I can build the Mill which is the manufactory for Chinaware, Glass, Paper, Gems, and Tropical Wood.

Porto Seguero – This coastal province is in Brazil and it has Jungle, 8 dev, coastal, Sugar, 0.33 made from Catholic Tuscans and was given to my Colonial nation here .

I send these colonists to the unusual holding of Oiapoque. This is the end of my Brazilian and is next to Colombia, where Freisland has been colonizing. I want to put a line here, it’s not wealthy, but it should help to put a line in the metaphorical sand to keep Friesland out.

1 Jan, 1579 –

Ilhaus – This province, next to Porto Seguero, is another coastal one we wanted to take away. 7 development, Coffee, given to our colony, makes 0.30 in these coastal jungles.

Right now we just four colonies growing I am making a ton of cash – like 65/month. I would expect that to grow.

A gigantic war has erupted across Europe and pulled in the Turks and Tunis. None of our allies are involved directly although all of them are helping others, save for Portugal. It includes every major power in Europe (France, England, Spain, Austria, Commonwealth, Bohemia, Burgundy, Milan, Netherlands, Russia, etc. But not Denmark, Portugal or Athens.

26 May – At the age of 72, our ruler has passed.

His heir:

Francesco III, 27 not married nor with an heir, Bold Fighter

I spend almost 200 ADM to boost my stability back up to +3 after it fell

I take on the Title of Emperor which increases my prestige. As a result, all Latin cultures are now accepted in our realm

15 June – Royal Marriage with Trebizond

1 July –

Cocos Island – In the Indian Ocean, Dev of 3, tropical coastline with Coffee. 0.22 made here

12 July – Royal Marriage with Bohemia

1 Sept –

Parnaimba – This holding on the Brazilian coast has 3 dev, Savanna, Coffee, connected two holdings, was given to our colonial folks, and sends us 0.12

I pull back my colonists from Penobscot in Maine after setting up the line of demarcation and send them to Mayaimi in southern Florida (Miami).

11 Sept – Royal Marriage with Portugal

27 Sept – Mantua is a core and now sends us 0.46 monthly

None of my other allies are marriageable so I send marriage proposals elsewhere.

7 Oct – Austria RM

20 Oct – RM enmark? Yes, now we have a consort for the Emperor of Athens

I get an alliance offer from Denmark. I might as well, sure

1 Nov – DIP IDEA 5 – I get +2 Dip Reputation

28 Nov 0 Ferrara is now a core and they are sending me 0.47 monthly

Old 10-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1580 – I order a Mill built in Treviso

21 Mar – Sierra Leone is now Tuscan

1 August –

Santee – Savannah, furs, Santee estuary which gives some trade bonuses, Catholic, Tuscan, in the New Athens colony, 0.23 sent to us

In case you were wondering, most of the time when I set up a new colony I am sending over an army to deal with the natives. All of the places where I’ve been doing colonies for a while are near me, so Ican dispatch my folks to the new colony, kill the locals, and then move on. That’s also why you haven’t seen any Native Assimilation events either.

12 Oct A new pop was elected

31 Oct – Coffee has dropped in value as its more available on the market

1 Nov – I order a Mill in Siena

7 Nov – I grant France military access

1 Jan, 1581 –

MIL TECH 16 – I can get much better infantry

1 May – Sokoki is with Livestock

1 June – Oiapoque is with fish

1 Nov – I order a Mill in Constantinople

Old 10-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1582 –

Caddo – This island province is north of my holdings in Louisiana, and is next to Portugal’s Mexican colonial nation – savanna, grain farm, 3 dev, not a state still a territory, just makes us 0.02.

I pull my colonists in Oiapoque and send them to Bayougoula, in the Gulf Coast next to my Louisiana holdings.

1 Apr – Mayaimi with Cotton

I order Culture changes to Tuscan in Kocaeli, Hudavindagar, and Karasi

1 May – I order a Mill in East Timor

21 May – I get an event that sends 200 colonists to Sokoki for 50 cash

1 June – Penobscot is going to be a Fur trading post.

10 Sept – My truce with Milan has passed

1 Oct – Mill in Matsolo

8 Nov – I send colonists to Arequippa in Peru next to my current colonies France is here and I want to establish a boundary

17 Nov – We have a new heir. He’s not great -4/3/0. But he’s there!

1 Jan 1583 – I order a Mill in Venice

1 Feb – Dip Ideas 6 – Province War Score Cost Reduced by -20%

19 April – The mass war is over with Catholics winning and Catholicism becoming the main religion of the HRE

We get a Catholic Nation bonus with bonuses to our unrest, prestige, legitimacy and such

2 May – I pull colonists from Bayougoula and send them next door to Biloxi

1 Aug –

We announce the annexation of Ifar!!!

We expect it to take around 2 years

15 Aug – Our truce with Tunis and Ottomans expired

21 Sept – Our Queen passes

1 Dec – Our military advisor passes and I hire a new level 3 advisor who reduces our land maintenance cost

Old 10-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1584 – I order a Mill in Sumbawa

29 May – I get a Good Harvest Event and more than 1500 cash is put into my treasury

I order: Plantation in Mahe; Cocos and Hollhavi

1 June

Sokoki – 4 dev, Mountains, Livestock, in New Hampshire, inland, next to Spain in multiple places.

These colonists head to Nazca in Peru on the coast next to my existing folks. This will close out the three holdings in Peru here.

1 July – Our level 3 navigator passes. I replace him with a level 3 Governor who increases our tariffs from colonies by 10%

1 June, 1585

Bayougoula is with Furs

Oiapoque
– 3 dev, Tuscan, Catholic, Jungle, Fish, given to my colonial folks, just put here to be a line against Friesland expansion here.

1 July – We have annexed Ifar!

1 got 4k troops I am moving over.

Let me zoom in here for you

Alright here is this area. All of my provinces here are Sikh, by the by. Next to Juhnpahr and I expect to pick up another Trading Post from them soon, and that will likely be my last Post here.

Here are all five of my holdings here, updated for today:

Baroda – Sikh, Gujarati, 13 dev, Grasslands, Dyes, tropical, autonomy of 60% despite being in a State, I order a Textile Manufactory here for the Dyes. We just brought this in. I also cut my autonomy by 25% but raise unrest. I am now making 0.86 without the manufactory, with 35% auto, and with Sikh and a non-accepted Culture. Imagine what this will be like once it’s up and running

I actually promote Guajarati to an accepted culture. That increases Baroda to 0.95.

Mahikantha
– Sikh, Gujarati, 24 Dev, this was their capital. Cloth, Textile Manufactory, church, I order a workshop built, 1.04 made here. Already.

Bharuch –
Grasslands, Silk, Textile M, 2.16 now that I’ve made Gujarati accepted, Grasslands, etc.

Surat –
Ditto Bharuch whose value rose after accepting Gujarati. 2.36 made in this Silk, Manufactory, province. This was my initial holding here, a Trading Post picked up from Vijayanagar. I order the fort here to upgrade to level 2.

Daman – Hills, 16 dev, cloth, Sikh and Marathi, makes 1.34 for me. I order a Textile Manufactory here.

Right now these five provinces are sending me around 8 a month, and with the Manufactory and such about to be built will clock in at 9 or 10.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Sept – We get a new consort after renewing our marriage vows with Commonwealth

26 Oct – We announce the annexation of Trebizond has begun. The Turks are going to hate this! ��

1 Nov – Livestock in Arequippa

1 April, 1586 –

Mayaimi – This 5 dev province at the base of Florida is Catholic, Tuscan, Cotton growing, and in the hands of our colonial nation making us 0.04

I pull colonists from Biloxi and send them to Guale, south of us in Santee and such

1 July – Biloxi with Grain; Nazca with Gems

1 Aug – I finished my DIP Ideas

My 7th idea is to get a -10% Dip Tech cost.

When I finish the idea I can have a lowered stability and dip cost for my diplomatic actions.

For example, right now I have a Royal Marriage with Austria, while I was hunting for a spouse. RMs are considered a diplomatic contact. You are capped at a certain number, and anything above that cost you to lose 1 DIP power investment monthly. Well, I’ve been one over with that RM, so I want to cancel it. Normally that would come with a minor loss of prestige but also a loss of stability of 1. Now, I can cancel for just the prestige, so I do so.

Now if I want I can add some combined policies.

Dip + Naval will increase the ship surrender I battle by 33%. No thanks

Dip + Expansion can get me +10% global trade power and +1 Dip Reputation.

But this policy comes at a cost of 2 DIP power monthly, so no thanks. Actually I do, I replace Skilled Cartographers with it. Now there’s no change (Each are Dip policies)

1 Nov –

Penobscot
– 6 dev, forest, coastal, Maine, Fur, Tuscan, catholic, colonial, 0.12 made

5 Nov – I join a minor battle in East Black Sea when called by my ally in Commonwealth

12 Nov – I order a Farm Estate in Natchitoches.

I pull my colonists from Arequipa and send it to Brazil in Amapa, west of Oiapoque

18 Feb, 1587 – We are attacked by the minor warriors in Sugla.

27 Feb – We lose and retreat. I order my larger Constantinople army here.

8 May – We defeat the army besieging Sugla, I chase it to Scio

29 May – We rout their army

1 Dec – I send my colonists from Nazca to Alcantara, also on the Brazilian coast

Old 10-26-2018, 07:05 AM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17Jan, 1588 – the two province strong Malindi has become my new ally, over on the cast of east Africa

21 Feb – I win a battle at Constantinople against these minors

1 April

Arequippa – South of our holdings in Camana, and on the Peruvian coast, and with 6 dev, livestock, Coastal Desert, making 0.60 and I have ordered a Farm Estate here. To the south is an unclaimed land in La Plata for Portugal, but then one over is Portugal. This is part of the state of the Peruan Coast which is also Camana and Nazca

22 June – The Commonwealth is now at peace and has gained some cash and such

17 Sept – I purchase a trading post in Tidore for 1015, which is more than normal. This was picked up from Ternate.

Tidore – Spice Island in the Halmahera Sea, has a strait connection in Halmahera. Shipyard, Church, Marketplace, Workshop, 24 Dev, coastline, tropical, Spices. I order the Shipyard deconstructed and a Trade Station here. Moluccan and Animist. We are getting 0.72 off it right now from 75% autonomy. It will be a Spice Trading treasure later!

1 Oct – I own the Glass trading market and have gained the Glass trading bonus of -5% Dip tech cost.

2 Nov – I order the culture of Constantinople to be moved back to its original Greek

We are vying with Friesland for the coastal area in Colombia. I push myself near Cartagena

26 Nov – I get an event where 200 settlers move from Goule to Bayougoula

11 Jan, 1589 – The Spanish Canadian colonial nation is losing a war, badly, with the local tribes.

I send the Sioux, Cree and Hurons war subsides

1 March –

Bayougoula – 5 dev, Furs,Cath, Tuscan, 0.15 made. See below.

We have enough territory in the area that we now have the colonial nation here that I name Athenian Bayou.

We are ceded Louisiana by the Crown!

3 Mar – After the natives burned down the Spanish colony in Missisquoi, I send in my colonists.

I have two colonial defense problems I need to worry about.

Here, let me show you a map of the Americas right now

This is the key area. Do you see Portugal in La Plata and in Mexico? Around Panama is Brittany, and around Suriname is Friesland, and then France is heavy on the coast of South America

So there are two problems.

The first is France and others here. I have successful blocked folks from coming around Africa through the Indian Ocean to the Indies to set up shop. Good job!

But I can’t do the opposite.

I can’t stop them from crossing the Pacific. France is smart. They grabbed Greenland and near Antarctica and the tip of the cape to send them up the west coast of South America, and they have done so. How long will it take for them to head west? They can easily grab a single island, and then another, and soon they are in the area I fought to protect. Meanwhile Portugal is colonizing Galapagos, and I should have grabbed it. My bad

That’s the first issue. I cannot defend the Indies from the pacific. Plus, I also can’t fast-colonize them as I am doing in Americas or Africa, as it can take 2 years to set up a colony. I only have 3 colonists!

Meanwhile, my 2nd issue is the west coast of America.

I always thought in the back of my head that I would set up in California. Then I could create a state out there much like Louisiana, Eastern US, Caribbean and Brazil. Makes sense, right!

What is Portugal doing in Galapagos? That’s a BIG question for me.

If they are just getting to a place from where they can hit the western part of Mexico more quickly, then that makes sense. However, if they see Galapagos as a way to grab California, then we are in a world of problems.

It will be rough for me to do all of the following:

Defend South America from Friesland,

Defend northern Eastern US from Spain

Defend Louisiana from Portugal

Defend Eastern US and close off all coastal areas as I did with Africa and mostly Brazil

Grab California unmolested

Defend against crossing across the Pacific.

Defend the Indies.

Something has to give? I can’t do it all with three little colonists.

In fact, some of these nations have more colonists than me, such as Portugal or Spain with 4. They have an internal idea that hooks them up

I need to do the following:

Take Miwok (L.A.) in California. It’s the most valuable areas in the region and would be the obvious place to set up shop in California

Take Rapanui in the Pacific Ocean to help keep folks from crossing the Pacfic. Take Hawaii. Tuamoti and Soceity, and that will likely slow down and halt any major island hopping heading west.

Rapanui is the most important.

So Miwok and Rapanui

Old 10-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 April – We annex Trebizond!

Trebizond – Pontic, Orthodox, level 2 fort which I order upgraded, 22 power, Naval Supplies, Mountains, on the Black Sea and surrounded by Turk lands, Marketplace, Workshop, Chruch, natural harbor, with 5 ships and 7k troops. 0.58 cash right now from it. I order some troops here

3 April - I recall my colonists at Amapa and send them to Miwok

1 May – I am now the lead trader in Cocoa. We get +5% manpower recovery speed

1 June –

Biloxi
– Handed to Athenian Bayou, Savanna, 5 development, grain, Tucan, Catholics, 0.09 made here

I have set up my colony at Guajira in the disputed territory, and I pull it for Rapanui

28 June – We announce that Malindi has agreed to become our vassal!

I send two missionaries to India to convert them to Catholic

1 Aug – I have not invested in DIP TECH for such a long time due to my Diplomatic Idea group that I’ve fallen behind and it’ll be cheap for the next few updates

DIP TECH 15 - +50 max colonial range, +15 settler growth and I can improve some of my ships

6 Feb, 1590 -We are now at peace with Brandenburg

1 Mar – Alcantara is rocking the Coffee trade

19 Mar – I recall colonists from Missisquoi and I send them to the Tuamatu Islands

18 May – I have to supplement my colonists with Trading Posts.

1 July –

Nazca – North of Camana on the Peruvian cost, and next to the Wanka natives in Lima, and with Gems, Tuscan, Catholic, Coastal Desert, 4 dev, making us 0.36.

I begin to influence Wanka

1 Oct - Guale has cotton

15 Oct – Portugal declares war on some Peruvian minors and I join them to be nice. But go war in Mexico or La Plata! What are you doing?

11 Nov – My small army in Camana has taken a province in Cusco. I am ordering mercs

21 Dec – Another holding is mine

29 Dec – Bharuch converts!

Old 10-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1591 - I pull my colonists from Rananui (Easter Island) and send them to Kumeyaay which is the top of Baja California and the lowest Californian holding in the area

4 Feb – A third falls and I order mercs and my normal 3k cavalry to their capital

1 April – Manhikantha converts

2 June – Culture change in Kocaeli and Karasi is finished!

11 August – I have taken the capital of Cusco. I don’t really want to war or be the great assholes of the world and I prefer peace fun times to this Portugal has been losing badly, but I have taken out one of the two nations

I offer peace for them to vassalize with me.

The four province minor accepts and is now my vassal. I expect Portugal to go for peace soon

1 Sept – My colonists arrive in the Tuamotu Islands and I send them to the Society ones

4 Sept – I purchase Jambi from Pasai for 967.

This is not a super-wealthy province, but it is nicely developed (which is why it cost more) and it’s in a good spot:

Jambi – Tropical, Jungle, Incense, 21 Dev, Sunni, Sumatran, Shipyard, Church, Workshop, I Order a marketplace here, 75% autonomy, on the island of Sumatra in the Indies and next to multiple open spots on the map.

Taking Jambi gets me to a good spot for expansion, and it basically says to anybody who looks that I am here on Sumatra, head elsewhere.

22 Dec – The Turks DOW the Mamluks

5 Jan, 1592 – Baroda converts!

1 Feb – Fur in Missisquoi

1 Mar – Guajira is with Cocoa

1 Sept –

Alcantara
– Coffee, Jungle, Brazil, coastal, 4 dev, 0.16 made, Tuscan and Catholic

1 Oct – Feh Just Livestock in Miwok

1 Nov –

Guale
– Cotton, Savanna, on the Eastern US Coast near Santee and such, 7 dev, sent to New Athens, Tuscan, Catholic, 0.21 cash made

14 Nov – Portugal lost one of their colonies to their foes here after I pulled out, in peace.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1593 – Fish in the Tuamatu Islands

25 Feb – I pull my colonists from the Society Islands and send them to Magdalena

1 Mar –

Amapa – Jungle, tropical, Sugar, 3 dev, coastal, in Brazil, 0.12 made for us

6 June – Miwok gets a bonus 200 colonists from a Wave of Immigrants event.

1 Aug –

MIL TECH 16 – I can upgrade my artillery

1 Sept – Tropical Wood in Rapanui

28 Nov – Surat converts

24 Dec – I get an event that will connect me with +1 Dip Relations, so I can get another ally, or such, for ten years.

I enter into an alliance with Junagarh

11 Feb, 1594 - I send my Miwok folks to next door to Salinan

1 May –

Miwok – 10 development, Savanna, natural harbor, in a five set-state with two other colonies that I am working on in Salinan and Kumeyaay. Tuscan, catholic, Livestock, making me 0.63 monthly and I order a Church.

1 June – DIP TECH 16 – my trading, range, and efficiency improve

1 Aug – Livestock in Kumeyaay

22 Sept – I proclaim a guarantee on my new ally