Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
janis4HOF
n00b

Best sim only HC/OC style?

I recently started playing this game, but cant for the life of me make a good gameplan/playbook. So my new plan is to sign yet another HC, and OC to let them handle it. My QB is supposed to be a "short pass" QB, but has 0 short bar, 70+ everywhere else, with 86 screen, and I think good avoid int as his career high after 3 years is 9, low of 6.
Does the styke(west coast, spread, etc)matter which HC, or OC I sign for the gameplan they will build? I searched for an answer, but came up with alot of used built gameplan stuff, sorry if I missed the answer there.

janis4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

Find a OC with a play calling style/playbook with a high Play Calling rating and Scouting Rating.
Same for DC.

Find a HC with good Discipline and Motivation bars.

Find an assistant coach that is good on interviewing.

Draft to try and fit the styles. If your DC is 34 Eagle or 43 Under, draft players to fit the style. Same for OC. Find a QB that fits the style (will take some trial and error).

I think I remembered all those correctly. Works for me. Great game.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
finkellll
n00b

Style doesn't matter for HC, only OC & DC. It will affect the playbook that is created, but there are no hard limits. I know there are guys that use the exact same playbook with different coaches and get similar results.

To answer the question from your title, the offensive philosophy in the help docs shows which styles give a boost to which types of plays. You could go out and get an OC that fits the style, but it isn't as necessary as getting a coach with good bars.

Since you are new, I suggest making sure the scouting bar is as high as possible. Once you are comfortable with the basics and start experimenting then you can back off of the scouting bar if you want to.

FOF is a game with many, many, many small bonuses adding up as you build a team. You'll also see that bar ratings matter less than production. There are some players that play well despite average bars, there are players that play average despite good bars.

Same with coaches, if you spend a few seasons in 5 win land get new coaches even if the bars aren't as good. Some coaches just cannot win games or get good production from your roster.
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
janis4HOF
n00b

Thanks, you guys helped me alot.
janis4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote