Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2021, 02:04 AM   #1
janis4HOF
n00b

Perfect game.

I've been a lifelong Madden franchise player, and even when it was playable(08) I always wished there was a game like this. I bought it a year ago, but didnt bother to put the time in to learn it/understand weird ratings until this weekend.
Why isnt this game more well known? I spend a fair amount of time in Madden communities, and see so many people complain about how useless Madden franchise is, but never see this game brought up as an alternative.
Shout out to Squirrel's youtube channel for helping me understand how to play this as well.

janis4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by janis4HOF View Post
I've been a lifelong Madden franchise player, and even when it was playable(08) I always wished there was a game like this. I bought it a year ago, but didnt bother to put the time in to learn it/understand weird ratings until this weekend.
Why isnt this game more well known? I spend a fair amount of time in Madden communities, and see so many people complain about how useless Madden franchise is, but never see this game brought up as an alternative.
Shout out to Squirrel's youtube channel for helping me understand how to play this as well.

Wait until you join to an MP league, fun exponentially grows 300%
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
janis4HOF
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Wait until you join to an MP league, fun exponentially grows 300%

Yeah, gotta manage to create an above 500 sp team first. Feel like I'll get eaten alive in a mp league.Although 5 straight years of 1.1 would be a sort of fun.

Last edited by janis4HOF : 01-10-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
RaidersFanEU
n00b

Quote:

With sports sims I find that most people want the following:

1. 3D Match engine or they are not interested
2. The same level/detail and UI as Football Manager by SI Games.

Both of those things are very sad because people are missing out on excellent games like FOF for example!
RaidersFanEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:12 AM   #5
Squirrel
Mascot

Quote:

Looking forward to seeing you in an MP league sometime soon...just an amazing experience trading with other guys, shooting the shit in the draft with other guys
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
janis4HOF
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Looking forward to seeing you in an MP league sometime soon.
I'm trying to join one now, feel like I am somewhat competent now, mostly thanks to you.