Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #151
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yes, the strange votes could make things crazy. The good news is that they won't really have any effect unless they make a vote result come out differently than we expected, which I think can often be revealing.

Also, if we can figure out any of those crazy votes some of them can tell us allegiance, which is fantastic.

Totally agree. When I say crazy, I mean the craziness with people trying to figure out which condition caused the result and then trying to figure out which voter the condition applies to. Fun!

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #152
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think a mass reveal off the bat wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you're suggesting, assuming all the roles were present. Obviously the four known traitor wolves would have to reveal as a duplicate role belonging to someone else, which means we would have four wolves narrowed down to eight players and then likely no more than one or two left other than that. That doesn't seem like too bad a trade-off for the knowledge the wolves would get in return.

This is why I presume we're won't have all the roles mentioned - if we did it would be easy to flush out 2-3 of the wolves in the first days with a mass reveal. I presume Passa has designed the game so that this wouldn't work. Some people must know if this is the case (other than the wolves) if a) they are vanilla villagers or b) they have a role that isn't listed in the rules. I don't think it's worth asking people to come out with that information at this stage either to be honest.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote tyketime

pretty random but IIRC he dupped everyone as a wolf a few games ago. Need to get a vote in as the deadline is right in the middle of my work day
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like I may have to vote defensively today, though don't see a candidate I want to put a second vote on just yet.

And thanks for the role summary Chief, still rereading a few things to get a good feel for how things might play out.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #155
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
While I appreciate being the miny and not the mo, calm down dude. This is just my second game. I've been at the hockey rinks all weekend (we're hosting the tournament this week). I just wanted to make a quick post in the thread to acknowledge that I was in and participating. My first game, there was some confusion about whether someone was playing or not. Admittedly, these roles are a bit confusing (thanks to Chief for your subsequent summary). Unfortunately, you'd be wasting your time trying to read between the lines of my posts.

Agreed on reading into anything yet, don't think we'd be lucky enough to have a wolf give themselves up on day one two games in a row.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #156
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm actually having a hard time picking someone out for being quiet. It seems most everyone, even the fairly new guys, are jumping right in. Zinto is the only one who is normally quiet who I haven't heard anything from. I don't want to vote someone who may not have even checked in though, that's not good.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #157
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
vote tyketime

pretty random but IIRC he dupped everyone as a wolf a few games ago. Need to get a vote in as the deadline is right in the middle of my work day

Lathum voting for someone because they've done well as a wolf before.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #158
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Get the feeling that there's not going to be a lot of movement today. I didn't realise mckerney was new, I thought I recognised his name from my last stint here, apparently not. Dunno who to switch to though, other than JAG for putting a second vote on someone. And that's usually what I try and do anyway that would be a bit hypocritical.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #159
Autumn
Head Coach

i actually expect we'll get a lot of no-votes ("Oh, are we starting already?"). I'm wary of voting anyone who's not actively around, as people will probably be confused by the early deadline (which makes no sense, but I expect it). Yet, I hate voting for people who are active and posting.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #160
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to follow the vote on Tyketime for now. He and Mckerney make better candidates than Chief and Saldana at this point, I think. I should be around until deadline though and will gladly move if I see a good reason.

VOTE TYKETIME
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #161
bhlloy
Coordinator

Going to be on and off of VPN working until after the deadline, not sure how much I'll be able to be around, so I'm going to throw something else out there. This guy has been very quiet since the roles were released and if nothing else, I'd like to draw him out a little. I think mckerney is a solid player and don't see any particular reason to throw more votes on tyketime either right now

Vote Mauboy
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #162
saldana
Pro Starter

ahhh day one...i love being a day one candidate...it always makes things so much more fun later in the game when people forget that someone pulled my name out of a hat and that i never did a damn thing to get any attention.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #163
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm going to follow the vote on Tyketime for now. He and Mckerney make better candidates than Chief and Saldana at this point, I think. I should be around until deadline though and will gladly move if I see a good reason.

VOTE TYKETIME

Hopefully the "good reason" is that because I am one of the good guys. At least in the Vegas game the first day vote was to try and win money. Here - I agree with others that it seems to be totally random.

At this point, other than me also piling on with a random vote, I'm probably not going to make a Day One vote. Unless something more concrete presents itself. Hopefully that doesn't come across as wolfish.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #164
Autumn
Head Coach

Tyke, everything comes off as wolfish on day one.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #165
Autumn
Head Coach

I'd love to dig up that list, did you write that Saldana?, of all the types of votes you can make day one and why they're all wolf moves.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #166
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
At this point, other than me also piling on with a random vote, I'm probably not going to make a Day One vote. Unless something more concrete presents itself. Hopefully that doesn't come across as wolfish.

not a very helpful strategy, makes me feel pretty good about my vote.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #167
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
i actually expect we'll get a lot of no-votes ("Oh, are we starting already?"). I'm wary of voting anyone who's not actively around, as people will probably be confused by the early deadline (which makes no sense, but I expect it). Yet, I hate voting for people who are active and posting.

Plenty of people have checked in, so they certainly should have an idea when the deadline is (especially with the discussion before the game started as well it being in the thread title). I really won't have any qualms about moving my vote onto one of those that don't bother to put a vote out there for today.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #168
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree J23, that they should, but that's not generally how it works. I guarantee some people will not vote and say they forgot about the new deadline. Those people probably have more interesting lives than me.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #169
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It's always better to put a vote out there, even a random vote, because it gives the villagers more information to act on down the line.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #170
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Mauboy

Just trying to keep a tighter race.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd love to dig up that list, did you write that Saldana?, of all the types of votes you can make day one and why they're all wolf moves.

I know that I have made a post like that in one of the past games. Can't remember which one though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think I made one like that once also
Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #173
Autumn
Head Coach

oh sure, everyone wants credit.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #174
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I know that I have made a post like that in one of the past games. Can't remember which one though.

I'm pretty sure the best list I ever saw was from EF, but I don't remember where I saw it either. It was brilliant though.

But yeah, other than wolves, most people make fairly random D1 votes.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #175
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like I need a semi-defense vote here: Lathum's a smart guy, I'll follow him momentarily. My boss is around but will likely be taking his lunch in a bit so I may be able to check back in before deadline. Probably not.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #176
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote tyketime
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #177
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Lathum didn't elaborate, but I will. Not voting is a bad strategy. For one, if you're in danger of being lynched and you're a villager, you shouldn't encourage us to make a bad lynch. The person going up against you could be a wolf. Admittedly if you're a wolf you should do the same thing. The second reason is voting record is a hugely important tool to help figure out where the wolves are hiding. Just because there's no fantastic reason to vote for someone doesnt mean it is a pointless gesture.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #178
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like this is the best defensive move for me right now.

Vote tyketime
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #179
Autumn
Head Coach

A lot of votes still in the wings. I hope we see some more.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #180
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Just wanted to see what the responses were. And who was helpful in their comments, and who was not...
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #181
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
A lot of votes still in the wings. I hope we see some more.
By my unofficial count, looks like 8 folks have not voted.

Quote:
Lathum didn't elaborate, but I will. Not voting is a bad strategy. For one, if you're in danger of being lynched and you're a villager, you shouldn't encourage us to make a bad lynch. The person going up against you could be a wolf. Admittedly if you're a wolf you should do the same thing.
So this is admittedly a wash...

Quote:
The second reason is voting record is a hugely important tool to help figure out where the wolves are hiding. Just because there's no fantastic reason to vote for someone doesnt mean it is a pointless gesture.
Of course the voting record is important. Just trying to figure out the "intention" behind a vote. That's more important to me than the vote itself.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #182
Passacaglia
Coordinator

saldana -- 1 EagleFan (120)
mckerney -- 2 Narcizo (122) JAG (148)
Chief Rum -- 1 J23 (132)
tyketime -- 4 Lathum (153) Autumn (160) mauboy1 (176) mckerney (178)
mauboy1 -- 2 bhlloy (161) jeff061 (170)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #183
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If you know you are innocent and don't fight to save your life by voting someone else...well that's not a wash and you're hurting our chance to win, assuming you are a villager.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #184
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ah Mauboy - I've seen him around a bit but he doesn't seem to have said anything other than that he won't be around much. I remember one game were we were wolves and despite a godawful voting record he managed to keep out of the firing line until I got him killed with a huge blunder.

Anyway you can also read his comment about following Lathum as a pre-emptive shot at him should tyke show up as a villager. A bit blatant but it's day one what else do we have to go on. I'm going to guess/hope that if mauboy is a villager and had an important role he'd have made a bit more of an argument about things.

Unvote Mckerney
Vote Mauboy
Old 03-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #185
Autumn
Head Coach

i don't like to see anyone disappear from the voting. With the possibility that Narcizo and Mckerney are wolves, and Narcizo threw a vote on him not expecting it to matter (and in interest of keeping things close for those last 8 votes).

UNVOTE TYKETIME
VOTE MCKERNEY
Old 03-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #186
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
If you know you are innocent and don't fight to save your life by voting someone else...well that's not a wash and you're hurting our chance to win, assuming you are a villager.
Although my werewolf resume is short, I can guarantee you I'll put up a fight. But I also wasn't ready to throw a vote at a random player with little chance to discern information from it.

Looks like we've at least gotten some conversation in the past hour.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #187
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

There is nothing to argue at this point. I had a chance to run home to make a vote and now my boss stepped out real quick so I am able to said something real quick. I will be a lot more active after today...well as long as my nose doesn't come back again... which would absolutely suck from my jobs standpoint but in the game view too. If you think I am fishy because of my response I hope people look at you more closely after today. I know lathum is a good player so with the lack of votes he's as good as any to follow. Better to have me vote on someone than start a fifth candidate..especially when my name has come up twice already. I am a good Guy this game and glad to be since I suck ass as a wolf.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #188
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Delaying to drum up discussion is definitely legit(when things are quiet that's all I do), that's different than abstaining from the vote altogether .

Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #189
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Boy typing on cell hone mutilates all my words...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #190
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Tyke, I don't understand where you're coming from. What information do you expect to appear to make your vote nonrandom?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #191
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

With lots of folks who have the ability to count as two votes, it's gonna be interesting whether the usual two-horse race is as important as in other games.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just wanted to see what the responses were. And who was helpful in their comments, and who was not...

not really sure what you are getting at with this comment but I am at work and have limited time to elaborate if it was directed at me
Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #193
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tyke, I don't understand where you're coming from. What information do you expect to appear to make your vote nonrandom?
Well, you start to look at players who are putting multiple votes on a candidate. You look at players responses. As I've said, I know I am a Good Guy. And I've given absolutely no reason/action for folks to have jumped on the tyketime bandwagon. So... that seems to be some info I can use to make my vote.

Lathum threw the first vote at me. Nothing too much to complain about.

Autumn made the second. A little concerning there, but while I am still a target, he's changed his vote.

Mauboy1 and mckerney piling on are the two I'm mostly disturbed about. So these two are in my sights - and neither one is a random vote.

VOTE mauboy1
Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #194
mckerney
Coordinator

Still trying to save myself.

Unvote tyketime
Vote mauboy1
Old 03-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #195
mckerney
Coordinator

Still trying to save myself.

Unvote tyketime
Vote mauboy1
Old 03-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #196
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Is there less than an hour to deadline? There's an awful lot of votes left to come in. Like 9 people.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #197
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Mauboy1 and mckerney piling on are the two I'm mostly disturbed about. So these two are in my sights - and neither one is a random vote.

VOTE mauboy1

How do you feel about mckerney and you piling onto mauboy?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #198
mckerney
Coordinator

Damn double post from phone and not being able to delete.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #199
bhlloy
Coordinator

Which could be very telling... who just isn't around and who is trying to avoid attention/voting records on day 1? The 3pm ET deadline was always going to lead to less participation in this game IMO, but we have a bunch of people who haven't said anything since the roles were released. Might be worth throwing some votes around and seeing if we can draw some of them out?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #200
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Is it 3pm every day or just today? Was thinking just today.