Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #51
rowech
Pro Starter

The acting on this show is horrible. This show just isn't what I thought it was going to be. Don't think I'll be with it much longer. I don't need an episode dedicated to digging a tunnel or an episode dedicated to getting your hands on a gun. These are fine plots but a whole episode?

rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #52
Logan
Head Coach

I echo the above. Just watched this week's last night and I am so ridiculously bored with everything that goes on, save for "what is up with the blackout?" I hate the lead girl, I hate Miles, I hate the chubby guy, I hate myself as I watch it.

We started using the 30 second skip feature about a half hour into the show, just to hopefully land on flashback scenes. I deleted the season pass from our DVR when it was done.

Hope the rest of you enjoy it. I'll just wiki it at the end of the season to figure out what happened.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #53
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm enjoying it so far. Nothing great but enjoyable at least.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I'm enjoying it so far. Nothing great but enjoyable at least.

Me too. I'm still willing to stick out this season and see where it goes.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #55
Easy Mac

I started the thread. I'll stay in for the duration, because that's what I do for sci-fi shows. Its decent. Definitely in more on the "why the blackout" than I am on the whole Katniss and Young Hercules storyline.

One thing I wish they would do is give us a better understanding of time that is progressing. They seemed to walk to Chicago in a couple of hours, even though they had to be 20-30 miles out. Then they just walk around for another hour or so and seem to be well outside the city. They're walking almost 200 miles to Indy and want to meet in 2 weeks? That's walking 15 miles a day non stop for 2 weeks? I know they're motivated, but it seems a bit much.

Nitpicking I'm sure, but these things bug me.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #56
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess this show is basically the Walking Dead without zombies. It seems enjoyable enough, but obviously NBC will find a way to fuck it up.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #57
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not a fan of the latest episode-death was pretty pointless-like they realized the actress wasn't very good so they jammed all her life history in one episode and killed her off. And I want to know why Miles sent them to that place to begin with.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #58
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Not a fan of the latest episode-death was pretty pointless-like they realized the actress wasn't very good so they jammed all her life history in one episode and killed her off. And I want to know why Miles sent them to that place to begin with.

If they killed her off for that then they should look into the whole cast. I deleted this from series manager today. Very disappointing.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #59
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Tried to watch the last episode, but turned it off after the British Chick tells Miles the story of how Katness's love saved her.

They made a big deal of how Katness hates and resents her in the pilot, only a couple of episodes back.

Though, if one of the main characters dies in this episode I need to finish watching it.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis

Last edited by Surtt : 10-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

Either I'm really easy on shows or some people are just hyper-critical.

I'm enjoying this show. Is it a master work? No. But I find myself looking forward to it each week.

:shurg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #61
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like it but last nights episode was definitely the weakest and most predictable. Just seemed like a lot of unneeded filler.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #62
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I try to be forgiving, but I had trouble with the last episode.
Spoiler

Last edited by BrianD : 10-10-2012 at 11:19 AM.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #63
spleen1015
Coordinator

After the latest episode, I think the show is starting to get pretty lame.

I still want to know 1) Why did the lights go out? 2) Why did the mom leave her family and turn herself over to the militia? 3) Who else is in this group of people with these power plant necklaces? 4) Who is Randall?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #64
Easy Mac

Gus has had Young Hercules for about a month or so... When has Young Hercules found time to shave so closely? His hands are tied the whole time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #65
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Either I'm really easy on shows or some people are just hyper-critical.

I'm enjoying this show. Is it a master work? No. But I find myself looking forward to it each week.

:shurg:

It's never going to be as good as a cable drama because they have to make 2X as many episodes and the budget is going to require many bottle episodes. But I'm watching on DVR too, it's a decent show. Everything is not going to be a 9 or a 10...sometimes you can enjoy a 6.5.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #66
cadmus2166
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's never going to be as good as a cable drama because they have to make 2X as many episodes and the budget is going to require many bottle episodes. But I'm watching on DVR too, it's a decent show. Everything is not going to be a 9 or a 10...sometimes you can enjoy a 6.5.

I agree. It doesn't have to be the best show on tv, it just has to be decent. At least unlike the recent network sci/fi dramas from recent years (Flashforward, The Event), Revolution seems like it might stay around for awhile.
cadmus2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #67
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Decent side boob tonight(for network tv).

Promo for episode totally was a swerve.

the actress who plays Charlie is apparently 29-30 years old(!)...her real age is a guarded secret apparently.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #68
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Also, the revelation(two weeks ago) that the hunky spy guy was Gus Fring's(or radio Raheem if you prefer) kid was so anticlimactic. I called that an episode or two prior when Gus went on some long spiel about his son.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #69
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh shit...i just realized the main character from this show is the Dad in Twilight.

I mean, someone told me that, of course.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #70
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh shit...i just realized the main character from this show is the Dad in Twilight.

I mean, someone told me that, of course.

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhh!!! You're in truuuuuuuuuuuuble!!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll admit that I was a supporter of the show, but the twist in the promo for last nights episode wAs so embarrassing. I might be out soon if they don't stop acting like the audience is a bunch of idiots
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #72
wade moore
lolzcat

I've started skipping the promos. This show, more than any other, seems to have gone too far with how much they show in the promos - giving away their twists, etc.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #73
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The promo made it look like Charlie had to fuck the crazy druggie guy for medicine to save Nora. If you didn't see it. The ultimate story was more interesting, but they basically made it a a twist for twist's sake.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #74
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-
I don't like the fat Google guy at all. Kill him off and bring a different character in. Alarming that I've seen all the eps but have 0 idea what his character's name is.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #75
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
The promo made it look like Charlie had to fuck the crazy druggie guy for medicine to save Nora. If you didn't see it. The ultimate story was more interesting, but they basically made it a a twist for twist's sake.

Well, yes - in that one.

But in other promos they've given away key plot moments. I don't remember them now, but there were some key plot twists (that were real) in earlier episodes given away in promos.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #76
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Should I even bother?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #77
RainMaker
General Manager

I actually like the show. It's poorly acted and over-the-top which should make me hate it, but I still find it fun. One other thing I like is that they actually give us something in almost every episode that plays into the bigger story arc. Other JJ Abrams shows like Lost and Fringe keep piling on the mystery while rarely giving payoff. This adds some mystery but also is much bigger on telling the story of what happened.

I'm also a big fan of the flashbacks and finding out how everyone became connected and got to where they are.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
Leroy Veritas
Banned

I like the concept, the flashbacks are fun, but they would have to actively try to do a worse job casting the daughter. She's just off on every level.
Leroy Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #79
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Dola-
I don't like the fat Google guy at all. Kill him off and bring a different character in. Alarming that I've seen all the eps but have 0 idea what his character's name is.

I actually think he's an interesting character as he's someone who's intelligent but largely powerless, I expect the show to demonstrate him slowly adapting to things over time and it'll be intriguing whether they have him retain his peaceful nature or become harsher.

(I thought the last episode showed this side of things somewhat)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #80
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Should I even bother?

Yeah - I would, its not fantastic and there are BIG holes regarding things if you think too critically but its an enjoyable enough romp .... think of it like a modern day 'Logans Run' and you're not far off imho.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #81
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Yeah - I would, its not fantastic and there are BIG holes regarding things if you think too critically but its an enjoyable enough romp .... think of it like a modern day 'Logans Run' and you're not far off imho.

Can they just remake that damn movie already????
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #82
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Can they just remake that damn movie already????

Loved the movie

(but I was meaning the TV series spin off with the solar panelled car)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Loved the movie

(but I was meaning the TV series spin off with the solar panelled car)

Movie's a classic. There's a remake that's been kicking around Hollywood for years I guess...I just want it to be made.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #84
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually think he's an interesting character as he's someone who's intelligent but largely powerless, I expect the show to demonstrate him slowly adapting to things over time and it'll be intriguing whether they have him retain his peaceful nature or become harsher.

Yeah, but what's his name...off the top of your head?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #85
wade moore
lolzcat

Spoiler

Checked and I was wrong .

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #86
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

But it's already been 15 years... How much more adapting do you think he can really do?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #87
Leroy Veritas
Banned

BTW, I got a chuckle out of Monroe being the same guy who played The Cape. I guess he's an NBC go to actor now for shows with good concepts that aren't particularly well executed.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #88
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Veritas View Post
I like the concept, the flashbacks are fun, but they would have to actively try to do a worse job casting the daughter. She's just off on every level.

Yeah, the show would be much better if the lead was cast better. She isn't completely terrible, but she shouldn't be a lead actor on a network show.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #89
Leroy Veritas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Yeah, the show would be much better if the lead was cast better. She isn't completely terrible, but she shouldn't be a lead actor on a network show.

It's not just her acting, something about her doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but she's just off-putting to me.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #90
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

My daughter's favorite character. When it looked like they would kill him in the last episode, she said she would stop watching if they did. I have no idea why (except he might remind her of me).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #91
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It's not just her acting, something about her doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but she's just off-putting to me.

I know what you're saying. I can't figure out if she's cute or not. She just looks off. I do like how all these women who are roughing it outdoors have perfect hair.

Question about the Google guy, was it supposed to be insinuated that she ends up with the young guy who kept helping out? Or was he just a stranger to show the contrast in types.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #92
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

She's 30 acting 20.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #93
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I know what you're saying. I can't figure out if she's cute or not. She just looks off. I do like how all these women who are roughing it outdoors have perfect hair.

Question about the Google guy, was it supposed to be insinuated that she ends up with the young guy who kept helping out? Or was he just a stranger to show the contrast in types.

I think it was just that he was a stranger that was willing to help them. Since she was still with the Google guy when he left.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #94
Leroy Veritas
Banned

Quote:
She's 30 acting 20.

I know that, but something about her look is just weird and makes her far less attractive than it seems she should be.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #95
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
She's 30 acting 20.

Actually she's 25...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #96
stevew
Hall Of Famer

According to her high school newsletter, she's from the class of 2000(making her 30). Unless that was hacked or incorrect or something, which seems really unlikely
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #97
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
According to her high school newsletter, she's from the class of 2000(making her 30). Unless that was hacked or incorrect or something, which seems really unlikely

According to this news article she's 24.

Tracy Spiridakos hits bull’s eye with Revolution - The Globe and Mail

*shrug*

Who really cares.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...acy-spiridakos

Last edited by DanGarion : 11-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #98
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lost boys, the reveal of Randall, a reasonable explanation for what's causing the blackout, and zero posts. Is everyone out?

So we are to believe that the main characters inadvertently developed scalable device that kills power. I'm guessing the 12 pendants were some sort of failsafe? In case the weapon was deployed?

Last edited by stevew : 11-09-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #99
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Lost boys, the reveal of Randall, a reasonable explanation for what's causing the blackout, and zero posts. Is everyone out?
I thought it was neatly done myself - kinda intruiged.

Quote:
So we are to believe that the main characters inadvertently developed scalable device that kills power. I'm guessing the 12 pendants were some sort of failsafe? In case the weapon was deployed?
I was thinking of the pendants as a 'back door' like the secret accounts/passwords which early operating systems had in them to allow their creators easy access ... ie. in case of emergency.

(which would explain why its the people from the company who appear to have them)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-09-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #100
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There it is..the comical "bad guy killing the underling for mission failure" move.