Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Icy
Pro Starter

War of the Roses game (preorders started)

Official site:
War of the Roses

About the game
War of the Roses is a team based third person action game set in 15th century England. Two rival branches of the Royal House of Plantagenet - the house of Lancaster (the reds) and the house of York (the whites) – fight over the throne, and the player is thrown into the fray.

The years of 1455-1485 in England are an extraordinary setting filled with conflict, treachery and bloodshed. In the wake of the “death of chivalry” at Agincourt in 1415 and the introduction of gunpowder, warfare changed - the gloves came off, so to speak. The old and the new clashed on the battlefield while personal vendettas motivated the desire for war.

War of The Roses sees players go toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.

Key Features:
Customize Your Warrior - Choose your fighting style and select from over 30 play-style changing perks that let you create truly unique characters with special abilities like eagle eye or shield bash.

Choose Your Gear – Make your selection from over 30 authentic weapons across 10 weapon categories with your choice of blade type and metal type. More than a dozen customizable helmets and various armor types to choose from. Even create your own coat of arms with near limitless combinations as you choose your division, ordinary, charge, and crest.

Groundbreaking Mounted Gameplay - Melee combat will never be the same, mount up and experience new tactical and visceral thrills

Train to be the Ultimate Warrior - Experience a deep leveling system as you rise through the ranks, gaining new titles, weapons, gear, and much

Mass Devastation - Up to 64 player competition in both Team Death Match and Conquest modes. Battle online through 7 historically inspired war zones as you experience the conflict between Lancaster & York first hand.

Trailers:

Last edited by Icy : 08-21-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Icy
Pro Starter

You can preorder it in through steam, $29,99 + a 20% discount if you own Warband.

I have preordered mine, looks so fun, a COD like game based in the middle age. The leader developer is an ex- talewords/warband developer, paradox are the producers.

Those who preorder will get early access to the beta (in the next days).

Last edited by Icy : 08-21-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Y
I have preordered mine, looks so fun, a COD like game based in the middle age. The leader developer is an ex- talewords/warband developer, paradox are the producers.

Ahhh... that was my next question. Definitely looks like the more attractive cousin of Warband. I've been playing Warband again lately, and the game is just screaming out for a big developer to come along, take the engine, and polish the heck out of it. Hopefully this is exactly that.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Ahhh... that was my next question. Definitely looks like the more attractive cousin of Warband. I've been playing Warband again lately, and the game is just screaming out for a big developer to come along, take the engine, and polish the heck out of it. Hopefully this is exactly that.

Have on mind this one is multiplayer only, no single player campaign like Warband.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
CAsterling
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Have on mind this one is multiplayer only, no single player campaign like Warband.

I read somewhere (maybe wikipedia) that there was a single player campaign, but I haven't confirmed it yet......if it was wikipedia then it is hardly a definitive source. I will check out the game's website and see if I can find more info.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
Groundhog
Coordinator

BTW I was able to download this and run it, although Steam says it's still a few hours away. No multiplayer servers up, but I was able to have a very brief run-through of the single-player training mission. Had no idea which side was which, but I only played it for literally 5 mins.