Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Dynasty Fantasy Football Superflex Start-Up League

Hi, my name is Matthew. I am a longtime lurker on FOFC and have also played in 2 or 3 Werewolf games when that was a thing here.

I am starting a 12-team Start 10 Superflex TE Premium League. Players will be dispersed via a Hybrid Auction/Snake Draft. League is now FULL.

I have 14 years of experience of being a commissioner of a 1QB Dynasty League. I am in no other dynasty leagues besides that one. That is also the only other league I am the commissioner of.

I am looking for owners who are responsive, active, and okay with joining the League GroupMe. The GroupMe will help the league be more active.

Also, if you want to join and have a friend you think may be interested and a good fit for this sort of league let me know and I will hold a spot for them for about 48 hours. I feel Dynasty is more fun when you have someone you know that you can talk about it with.

Here is the link to the league website:
Super Gridiron League

Note that while Sleeper has become more popular I plan to keep the league on MFL.

Here is the link to league bylaws:
Super Gridiron League Bylaws - Google Docs

League Dues: $70 per year with $210 (3 years of dues) upfront paid through LeagueSafe. Thereafter, teams must pay 100% of current year dues and 100% of dues any future year a draft pick is traded. This means dues will be $0 in 2025 and $0 2026 provided an owner has not traded a future draft pick. If a team trades a future draft pick they will need to pay 100% of the dues for the year immediately.

Edit: This has been revised slightly. The vice commissioner and I spoke and we decided requiring 50% of the next season's dues was overkill given that we're requiring three seasons as dues for the buy-in.

League Payouts: 100% payout minus cost to host on MFL
Roster Size: 27 players with no IR or Taxi Squad
Starting Lineup: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Scoring Settings
Spoiler

Start-Up Player Dispersal Process
Spoiler

Other Items of Significance
-Future draft picks can only be traded one year into the future.
-Consolation bracket for the 6 teams who fail to make the Playoffs. Winners advance and the champion gets awarded the 2.13 pick and the runner-up the 3.13 pick.

Other Owners in this League
The other owners in this Start-Up league include three people I went to high school with, one very active owner from the league below, a friend of one of my high school classmates, and the brother and brother’s friend of another one of my high school classmates. The other three owners joined from me posting about the league (I don't think from FOFC).

The other League that I have been the commissioner of since 2010
Gridiron Greats League

I believe Louisiana Voodoo and Operation Storm were posters here at some point. Both have been good and responsive owners as well as the owners they have recruited to the league since the league formed so that's one of the reasons why I felt this would be a good place to try to recruit owners.

Reason Why I'm starting another Dynasty League
I want to play in a Superflex Dynasty League and the league above wanted to stay as a 1QB Dynasty League. The reason I want to play in a Superflex because it's different and puts a lot more importance on the QB thus making the rookie draft each year deeper most years.

Last edited by Racer : 04-05-2024 at 08:34 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote