Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2022, 06:16 AM   #851
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
and do you think these same jerks who are too cheap to tip at the waffle house will go there when the prices go up by a significant amount?

Yes, I think they will. If they have to pay that to get what they want, then they will pay it. They aren't so much cheap, IMO, as selfish.

And, to the extent there is a subset of people who can't afford to eat certain places but they go do it anyway because they are being subsidized by people who tip, then I'm fine with them no longer getting to free ride.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:51 AM   #852
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Thankfully this is the last week I’ll have any school related things in my town. Graduation is on Friday and I’m sure there are already people in the stadium lined up to save seats.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:11 PM   #853
21C
College Prospect

Minor peeve:
* School uses internal portal for staff/student/parent communication of daily news items.
* School produces a digital newsletter every two weeks with major news/updates.
* When newsletter is released, staff member posts this on the school portal and checks box so that this also emails all members of staff.
* Same staff member also sends an email to everyone saying that the newsletter is released.
* I end up getting two emails about the same thing.

Semi-related:
* Two days later, I get an email saying this is the deadline for submitting items to the next newsletter.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:22 AM   #854
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dear coworkers,

If you see my name copied on an email then you do NOT need to forward that email to me again.

Thank You
Old 06-23-2022, 08:29 AM   #855
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Dear coworkers,

If you see my name copied on an email then you do NOT need to forward that email to me again.

Thank You

TBF if you are using Outlook, it is horrible to look through the "to" and "cc" list if there are a lot of people.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #856
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Dear coworkers,

Thank You

Nor do you need to hit reply all when you are congratulating a single person being recognized in a group email. They appreciate the message just as much when you only email them directly
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #857
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Nor do you need to hit reply all when you are congratulating a single person being recognized in a group email. They appreciate the message just as much when you only email them directly

Nor do you need to reply all when an e-mail is accidentally sent to a large distribution list that isn't relevant to you and then say take me off this chain.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:48 PM   #858
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And make sure you send it the email to [email protected], not [email protected].
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #859
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

A friend at work once hit "reply all" when mocking a customer. Thought he was just making fun of the guy within the company...eh....not so fast, my friend. The customer was part of that "reply all."
Old 06-24-2022, 05:33 PM   #860
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Nor do you need to reply all when an e-mail is accidentally sent to a large distribution list that isn't relevant to you and then say take me off this chain.

A couple weeks ago IT sent an email out to the All Employees DL in regard to some Outlook issue. It started a cascade of emails, starting with people saying that they were impacted by the issue, followed by people saying they weren't impacted by the issue and to be taken off the email chain, followed by people bitching about all the emails and asking to be taken off the email chain, followed by people mocking the people asking to be taken off the email chain. Probably 200+ emails all told went out to everyone in the organization. I was told that senior leadership was NOT happy.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:52 PM   #861
sabotai
General Manager

"You hit reply all on all of your emails but you don't want your coworkers to hate you? Good luck with that Susan Collins."

I'm gonna make this "Susan Collins" thing happen.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:30 AM   #862
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Redirecting websites to regional content sucks.

When I type in espn.com in my browser, I don't want to get redirected to espn.nl. Quite simply, when I type espn.com, that's what I meant: I want to visit espn.com, not espn.nl. But apparently ESPN doesn't want to inform me about the NFL and only wants me to read the latest on Dutch soccer pre-season crap that I already get plenty enough from actual Dutch media. Maybe I should file my complaint at the NFL, telling them how ESPN is holding the non-USA part of the world back. But then, they'll just tell me to visit nfl.com instead.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-24-2022 at 07:30 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:49 AM   #863
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post

When I type in espn.com in my browser, I don't want to get redirected to espn.nl. Quite simply, when I type espn.com, that's what I meant: I want to visit espn.com, not espn.nl. But apparently ESPN doesn't want to inform me about the NFL and only wants me to read the latest on Dutch soccer pre-season crap that I already get plenty enough from actual Dutch media. Maybe I should file my complaint at the NFL, telling them how ESPN is holding the non-USA part of the world back. But then, they'll just tell me to visit nfl.com instead.
To add to that, why would I even be so silly to even care to visit ESPN.com for sports outside the USA? Apparently they are completely incompetent in covering across the border, they awarded Emma Raducanu best female tennis player 2022.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:08 AM   #864
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

BBC does this for us and it drive me mad. I don't want to see your American-ized version of the news where you take all your top stories and then have a production meeting where you ask "what do you think the brain dead blokes across the pond want to see", I want to see BBC news like what I see when I'm overseas.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:37 AM   #865
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
BBC does this for us and it drive me mad. I don't want to see your American-ized version of the news where you take all your top stories and then have a production meeting where you ask "what do you think the brain dead blokes across the pond want to see", I want to see BBC news like what I see when I'm overseas.

SI
Actually, they do that to their neighbours on the other side of the North Sea as well, not just to those on the other end of the Atlantic Ocean. Despite that I try to visit bbc.co.uk, the technique forces me to go to bbc.com. The bbc.co.uk page stays on screen just long enough to see that the front page content is different.

EDIT: I decided to be an ass about it and report it as a technical error to the BBC. Will do the same to ESPN.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-24-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:43 PM   #866
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:

"clear cache and cookies, or call us at 1-888-bla-bla". Sure, that'll help...
That was the combined response to my feedback of the above, that combined with my report of a broken link to the support page on their website.

I reminded them of these "bugs" and even offered them my support to fix their website, if they're willing to take up the cost of that international phone call.
Old 07-27-2022, 01:30 PM   #867
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, they do that to their neighbours on the other side of the North Sea as well, not just to those on the other end of the Atlantic Ocean. Despite that I try to visit bbc.co.uk, the technique forces me to go to bbc.com. The bbc.co.uk page stays on screen just long enough to see that the front page content is different.

Same, I also go to bbc.co.uk and see for a split second that the news is different and then, bam, garbage

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:21 PM   #868
21C
College Prospect

I don't know why this one bothers me so much but it bugs the shit out of me. Twice today, I am in my classroom on my own when I hear the phone ringing in my office around the corner. It literally takes me about 15 seconds to get there but the phone stops ringing as I pick it up (both times).

Just let it ring that little bit longer - especially if it is the same person trying to ring me each time.

Either that or someone is watching me from a distance and waiting for me to pick up and then lose my shit. In that case, bravo, well played.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:51 PM   #869
21C
College Prospect

Every year, my school runs a fair/fete to celebrate our patron saint.
Every year, each roll class is asked to provide a stall to either sell food or organize some fun activity.
Every year, the teacher ends up being stuck running the stall mostly on their own.

This year, I had to teach the first three periods and then eat my lunch quickly before carrying the cakes down to the playground (in two loads), setting up the tables and start selling. Thankfully a couple of students helped me with selling otherwise it would have been a chicken-fox-corn predicament about leaving the first load of cakes unattended.

In the middle of this, I was supposed to return to my classroom to take a roll. Again, leaving unsold goods on their own. I stayed where I was and just marked the roll on my phone - without seeing the students.

I am completely worn out after all of that.

On the plus side, my class raised $275 from their cake stall.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:18 PM   #870
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Having my tire blow up after getting Chinese food has skyrocketed to the top of my Pet Peeves list.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:36 PM   #871
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

That's not what usually blows up when I have Chinese food.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:53 PM   #872
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When my cleaning lady says she will be here after ten and shows up at four...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:56 PM   #873
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That's not what usually blows up when I have Chinese food.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I know, right!

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-24-2022 at 08:56 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:31 PM   #874
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Double whammy today of a boomer thinking they were entitled to cross through into my lane because of a UPS truck in their way -and- them proceeding to just freeze while passing. Like you weren’t entitled to go in the first place. At least hustle.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:11 AM   #875
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dear Road Planners,

I don't mind roundabouts, but don't place a pile of rocks ten feet high in the center circle. I like to be able to see if there's any oncoming traffic whipping around from the other side.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2024, 01:51 PM   #876
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Wife exploded a tire on her car by hitting a really huge pothole she unfortunately didn't see until the last minute (poor lighting, fog, drizzle, etc...).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:05 PM   #877
molson
General Manager

I don't like it when people ask me for recommendations for restaurants in town.

I don't know what kind of food you like, or what kind of dining experience you want, I haven't been most places more than a couple of times, and I don't want to be responsible for whether you have a good time in town.

Google will give you a much better answer than I ever could. In fact, when someone asks me for recommendations, I look on Google and also in the local Facebook food groups to see where people are excited to go these days. Then I have to take that information and kind of translate into what kind of experience I think you want. It's not fun. It's an assignment.

And after all that, after I do the work, don't ask follow up questions about whether a place I mentioned is "gimmicky". I don't know what the fuck that means in this context. Like you don't want funny things hanging on the wall? I don't remember if the place I recommended has funny things hanging on the wall, I went there 5 years ago.

I think I'm just going to funnel all recommendation requests through Chat GPT.

Last edited by molson : 01-31-2024 at 03:08 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:35 AM   #878
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

When everyday people share their experiences with particular injuries that pro athletes are presently dealing with as if their experience has any meaningful insight as to the duration the pro athlete might be out. However, I am deeply sorry that little Jimmy tore his meniscus in co-ed volleyball 20 years ago.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-07-2024 at 11:35 AM.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:55 AM   #879
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
When everyday people share their experiences with particular injuries that pro athletes are presently dealing with as if their experience has any meaningful insight as to the duration the pro athlete might be out. However, I am deeply sorry that little Jimmy tore his meniscus in co-ed volleyball 20 years ago.

I like to use my own experience as a point of reference for how tough pro athletes are.

Player X had his knee bent backwards last week, and he's out playing football this week and he took off his brace at halftime because he didn't like it.

Vs.

I sorta-tweaked my ankle walking the dog three weeks ago, and I'm still complaining about it.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:06 PM   #880
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I like to use my own experience as a point of reference for how tough pro athletes are.

Player X had his knee bent backwards last week, and he's out playing football this week and he took off his brace at halftime because he didn't like it.

Vs.

I sorta-tweaked my ankle walking the dog three weeks ago, and I'm still complaining about it.

hurt my back sneezing
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:20 AM   #881
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This one is pretty minor, I admit.

I am a rule follower, so in parking garages, I actually pay attention to the spaces that say "Compact cars only."

But, man, I am the last person on Earth to actually do that. I've seen SUVs bigger than my house in "compact" spaces.