Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2023, 01:04 PM   #251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And as a warning, they also seem to have shown how you can sex up a druid in bear form.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:50 PM   #252
GrantDawg

One of the new choices at character creation is to play "Dark Urge", which basically translate as full murder hobo.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:21 PM   #253
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Pumpy does.. I stream very irregularly (same nick), no webcam, just gameplay.

Sweet. I've done some streaming in the past, but it's been awhile. I have over 3000 hours in Rocket League, so that's pretty much what I do. I was thinking about doing it again, and it crossed my mind that there might be some here to do it from time to time. I may start a thread when I go live and make it so others can post there when they go live to kind of encourage it. Seems like it could be fun.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:27 PM   #254
MJ4H
Coordinator

Someone tell me they've played this because I'm about to drop a twenty or so on it just based on the trailer and the double "overwhelmingly positives."

Save 10% on DAVE THE DIVER on Steam

“It’s easily one of the best games I’ve played this year so far.”
9/10 – IGN

“Dave The Diver will end up being one of those fundamental titles that people talk about”
9/10 – CGMagazine

“Dave the Diver truly is a wonderful game and has solidly established itself as one of my top 10 — maybe even top 5 — favorites released this year”
9/10 – Hey Poor Player

Last edited by MJ4H : 07-09-2023 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:39 PM   #255
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I bought it a couple weeks ago...but haven't played it yet.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:52 PM   #256
Atocep
Coordinator

Fantastic game. Starts off feeling kind of relaxing and simple but expands the systems every time you think it might be starting to get old.

A lot of content and a lot of gameplay. It's really hard to knock the game honestly.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 07:20 PM   #257
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hey sloppy and acotep, we miss you in the steam key giveawaythread. Go take something cool to impress all the ladies
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 07:20 PM   #258
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

grantdawg too!
Old 07-09-2023, 11:52 PM   #259
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't stream, but I do have a (mostly inactive for the past year) YouTube channel after being quite consistent for a few years prior to that. Might be starting a new series soon, we'll see. Strategic Sage if anyone cares.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #260
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Fantastic game. Starts off feeling kind of relaxing and simple but expands the systems every time you think it might be starting to get old.

A lot of content and a lot of gameplay. It's really hard to knock the game honestly.

I'll echo this. The game is like a good song with verses and a chorus. You get the catchy melody and it gets in your head. Then, there's a subtle change or addition just when you think you've already heard the same notes. The changes add to your enjoyment of the song. I've been surprised multiple times in thinking I was going to hear the same chorus playing this game only to get a new riff or a new harmony that adds to the experience. I'm 15 hours in and still getting those pieces of newness that keep things fresh. Definitely worth the $18 to me.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:18 PM   #261
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

For you Mass Effect fans (and fans of Gilbert and Sullivan). The full version of "I am the very model of a scientist salarian" (with an orchestra/chorus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxVekZRIWyg
Old 07-10-2023, 06:18 PM   #262
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: Dave the Diver --

I haven't watched but in case this is of use to someone curious, one of my go-to LP YouTubers (vormithrax) has a couple hours of intro videos up
Dave the Diver - First Look - YouTube
Old 07-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #263
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The judge in the Microsoft/Activision case denied the FTC's request for a preliminary injunction to stop the transaction. That typically means that the FTC will abandon its administrative hearing and the Microsoft/Activision deal will go through with promised commitments.

That leaves the UK as the last holdout on the antitrust front, since the EU cleared it a month or so ago.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #264
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The judge in the Microsoft/Activision case denied the FTC's request for a preliminary injunction to stop the transaction. That typically means that the FTC will abandon its administrative hearing and the Microsoft/Activision deal will go through with promised commitments.

That leaves the UK as the last holdout on the antitrust front, since the EU cleared it a month or so ago.

There has been speculation prior that Activision could just abandon the UK as a way around the block. I imagine that doesn’t happen, but it’s a potential way forward for Microsoft. UK is only 3% of the worldwide gaming revenue.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:29 PM   #265
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Either that, or spin off a UK Company to handle those games.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:41 PM   #266
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The idea that giving Microsoft ownership of Call of Duty would automatically create a monopoly in the, basically nonexistent, videogame streaming market as a way to block the deal is a pretty dumb reason for it to be blocked in the UK anyway. You can really tell the people making that ruling don't play videogames at all.

It's right up there with US regulators saying the deal could hurt the market leader in terms of silly arguments.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-11-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:14 AM   #267
Edward64
Head Coach

Played a couple hours of Dave the Diver.

The reviews said it was relaxing. I found the fake voice grating. And spearing fish (and missing) is decidedly not relaxing!

Other than those 2 issues, fun game so far.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 10:12 PM   #268
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
College Dynasty has a lot going for it, but the user interface turns me off a bunch. It seems to have originated as a mobile game. It's pretty but there is just so much wasted space, which causes you to have to do an awful lot of scrolling and clicking. As an example, I'm able to see a maximum of 15 recruits at a time on the recruiting page. That's actually a significant increase from what it was before I changed the DPI in my display settings from 150% to 100% (I have a 4k monitor).

Definitely some work to be done with the UI, as well as fleshing out some of the features.

That said, in roughly a week since buying it I've got 58 hours into it and I'm in my fifth season with a modded file start (134 teams I think, as properly conferenced as the games limitations allow).

There's definitely something here, hopefully it'll continue to evolve and improve.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:33 PM   #269
MJ4H
Coordinator

I used to stream Rocket League, but I'm standing on the cliff of getting addicted to Trackmania right now, so I might actually stream myself trying to get through the summer campaign of Trackmania later today. Would anyone watch if they are around?

Anyone else even play Trackmania?
Old 07-19-2023, 12:42 PM   #270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The idea that giving Microsoft ownership of Call of Duty would automatically create a monopoly in the, basically nonexistent, videogame streaming market as a way to block the deal is a pretty dumb reason for it to be blocked in the UK anyway. You can really tell the people making that ruling don't play videogames at all.

It's right up there with US regulators saying the deal could hurt the market leader in terms of silly arguments.

not even microsoft has a monopoly on shitty shooters
Old 08-20-2023, 01:04 PM   #271
Atocep
Coordinator

The rumor is there's an Oblivion remake releasing next year. I'm guessing it's to give the ES fans something since ES5 is so far away.

If it gets improved combat, new animations, and better/more voice actors it very likely becomes a better game than Skyrim.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:58 AM   #272
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Battle Brothers dev announced their 2nd game. It's a sci -fi game called Menace. It looks like they are trying to keep the formula intact as mercenaries will become squads and towns will become planets in the new game, but otherwise they are aiming to basically take Battle Bros into space.

I've played through Battle Brothers atleast 3 different times and always found it a good play even if I didn't purchase any DLC. They have consistently added free upgrades for years now. It's also the ONLY game I've ever played where I technically won even though some other band killed the big evil in the world(the last boss of that playthrough.) Basically, my game just ended with a message on top of the screen letting me know that the boss was defeated by some random NPC's group.

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-22-2023 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:19 AM   #273
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Figured this might be the best thread to ask:

Just got a PS5 and I've noticed that whenever it's on, it absolutely murders my home Internet. My family tells me they can't even get to websites when I have it on. It may just be downloading updates since i don't play online, but I'm not sure.

I have an eero 5 mesh system and it's hardwired into one of the nodes. Originally I just had it on WiFi but changed it thinking it might help, it didn't. The eeros are not on Ethernet backhaul but they are tri-band.

I'm guessing the PS5 is using every resource to download things, but is there any way to change that? The QOS setting on the eero seem limited to a single option to "optimize conference and gaming" that I turned on but didn't change anything. Would port forwarding help at all?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #274
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

I Googled "why ps5 killing home internet" and got no shortage of threads discussing the same situation & possible solutions. Like a half dozen or more solutions in one thread, where different thing(s) worked for different people.

My own thought here though is one I didn't see mentioned: maybe just turn off "auto update games"? Surely that's an option, right?
Old 08-22-2023, 11:15 AM   #275
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Just got a PS5 and I've noticed that whenever it's on, it absolutely murders my home Internet. My family tells me they can't even get to websites when I have it on. It may just be downloading updates since i don't play online, but I'm not sure.

I have an eero 5 mesh system and it's hardwired into one of the nodes. Originally I just had it on WiFi but changed it thinking it might help, it didn't. The eeros are not on Ethernet backhaul but they are tri-band.

I'm guessing the PS5 is using every resource to download things, but is there any way to change that? The QOS setting on the eero seem limited to a single option to "optimize conference and gaming" that I turned on but didn't change anything. Would port forwarding help at all?

What are your internet speeds like?
Old 08-22-2023, 11:21 AM   #276
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

My first thought is you exceeded the download limit and they dropped your speed.

Also, I do remember when kids were living at home and everyone had a laptap, smartphone, and 1 or 2 TVs on, we would have drop connectivity randomly. I never tracked it down but I ended up thinking it was # concurrent connections.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #277
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
What are your internet speeds like?

Averages about 400/50. I tested by downloading from epic/steam on my PC and the internet survives, so I'm guessing the PS5 doesn't play nice with some routers and their QOS settings, based on some reddit threads I've seen. I'll probably just tell it to run when I got to bed... it will help keep the kid off the Internet when she should be sleeping.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 01:10 PM   #278
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Some jackass just rushed the stage at Gamescom's opening.

While I'm not normally a fan of extra judicial violence, but I sometimes think they should do to stage rushers what they used to do to fans who hopped the fence in territory wrestling.. take them backstage, and administer an unholy beatdown.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:41 PM   #279
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm just finding out Starfield is Xbox exclusive. That's a bummer.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #280
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and PC, and if you have PC version of XBox Game Pass, it'll be on there day 1.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:10 PM   #281
RainMaker
General Manager

If it sounds good, I'll get it on PC. I just like playing on the couch too much.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:14 AM   #282
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If it sounds good, I'll get it on PC. I just like playing on the couch too much.

How close is the PC and couch? You could run a really long HDMI cable temporarily or even just move the PC back and forth for as long as it takes you to beat the game. Not the most practical options but your computer should easily hook up to your TV.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:39 AM   #283
Edward64
Head Coach

If anyone tries it, appreciate letting us know your thoughts. It does look pretty.

'Squadron 42 is now feature-complete and has entered its polish phase', says Chris Roberts | PC Gamer
Quote:
Squadron 42 is now feature-complete and has entered its polish phase', says Chris Roberts

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-23-2023 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2023, 07:22 AM   #284
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What's the under/over on polishing? 3 years? maybe 4?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-23-2023 at 07:22 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 07:29 AM   #285
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What's the under/over on polishing? 3 years? maybe 4?

My guess another $200M.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:28 AM   #286
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:00 AM   #287
GrantDawg

Ultimate General: American Revolution is rumored to be about to hit Early Access. The Ultimate General series have been excellent battle simulators, and this game is going to add even more a 4X type game-play. It looks to be huge, with the combination of land and sea battles.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:48 AM   #288
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I know there has been some talk on the forums about the game Wartales.

hxxps://store.steampowered.com/app/1527950/Wartales/

Just a heads up that it was put on Gamepass today.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:56 AM   #289
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I know there has been some talk on the forums about the game Wartales.

hxxps://store.steampowered.com/app/1527950/Wartales/

Just a heads up that it was put on Gamepass today.

Outstanding game. Like a 9/10 if anything like it is up your alley.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:10 AM   #290
Edward64
Head Coach

I enjoyed Wartales but got to the point where it was too redundant and not enough "new" stuff or "variability".

Definitely got my money's worth but not like X-Com 2 in replayability.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:48 AM   #291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I enjoyed Wartales but got to the point where it was too redundant and not enough "new" stuff or "variability".

Definitely got my money's worth but not like X-Com 2 in replayability.

I'd read somewhere (Steam reviews maybe?) that one of the problems was the static map design, quests, important places, etc always the same & that limited the replaybility? Fair?
Old 10-31-2023, 12:21 PM   #292
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd read somewhere (Steam reviews maybe?) that one of the problems was the static map design, quests, important places, etc always the same & that limited the replaybility? Fair?

It's a fair assessment. There are several maps and each map has enough content to give plenty to do. I have actually still had fun going back through because it's difficult to do everything on a map on one play through.
Old 10-31-2023, 01:38 PM   #293
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
How close is the PC and couch? You could run a really long HDMI cable temporarily or even just move the PC back and forth for as long as it takes you to beat the game. Not the most practical options but your computer should easily hook up to your TV.

I've been debating getting a Steam Deck for like the last 6 months and docking it for some games. Have heard it doesn't run too well but there is some optimization on the way. I'm not a graphics snob or anything. Whatever looks decent on console is fine with me.
Old 10-31-2023, 01:46 PM   #294
RainMaker
General Manager

Finally got around to giving Cyberpunk a fair shot. They've made some incredible updates over the years and it's now a pretty fun game. It didn't live up to the hype and the city can feel empty at times, but I'm digging it.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:55 PM   #295
bhlloy
Coordinator

I put a lot of time into Wartales. It’s definitely got very limited replay value - the character classes and skills are somewhat limited and the map/quests are fixed as noted, but it does get combat right in a way that very few if any games of its genre does. It’s almost like each combat is a mini game of chess - putting a particular character in a different starting position or using a certain skill in a different order can win you a fight against far stronger opponents. I’d highly recommend it unless turn based just isn’t your thing.

Funnily enough I never finished it because I was just too underpowered to do one of the final arena fights needed for a quest and didn’t feel like grinding my party up a few more levels, but still a very good game that filled a lot of time for me.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:47 PM   #296
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ultimate General: American Revolution is rumored to be about to hit Early Access. The Ultimate General series have been excellent battle simulators, and this game is going to add even more a 4X type game-play. It looks to be huge, with the combination of land and sea battles.

Developer posted today the game is ready for immediate EA release, but now they have run into issues with their distribution software platform so they are trying to correct it and will release as soon as the issue fixed.

One of my most anticipated games.....really hope it releases this week and not a long delay.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:09 PM   #297
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Pretty much it.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #298
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

When you're a YouTube game reviewer (basically) but your departure is newsworthy enough for the BBC to cover it, yeah, you've transcended some levels.

Yahtzee, along with the editor whose firing prompted the mass resignations have already announced and launched their new home "Second Wind"

Zero Punctuation star Yahtzee Croshaw quits after 16 years
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-67348861

Gotta think The Escapist is dead now, since more than a dozen resigned in solidarity with the editor-in-chief who was fired for "not meeting metrics that were never clearly spelled out"
Old 11-10-2023, 11:37 AM   #299
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Feel I have to link Yahtzee's greatest ever video game review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dlEm_2ke8k
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #300
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I still think this was the greatest review ever.

"FUCK YOU YOU BLEW UP MY MONITOR"

Freedom: First Resistance Review